Page 1 of 19 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Weekly #81: Welcome Fall!        (Topic#1479977)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

VCW Yahoo! Group

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved, and currently Jenni (c-leaper) is the only one doing that. (She will probably grab a person or two here in the next couple days to help oversee the admin duties.) The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!
Buy bling! Have bling! Use bling! Bling is a beautiful thing!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

I had a picture I wanted in the blog...I had trouble getting it to go...I'm getting tired so I'm going to just go ahead and start both thread and blog. If somebody wants to give it a try, the picture is in the VCW gallery, it's the one of a cat and mouse. I thought it was very cute, just wish it'd go...oh, well...maybe later today someone will get it or I'll remember how I did it...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

How'd ya'll chat up 4 (or maybe 5) more pages yesterday? Golly, chatty group!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm trying to label a Halloween costume for Kevin to take to school today. Frankenstein. For tech class, they are making a movie!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

Abby is ready for picture day. John is going to be waking up soon (between the OT this week and accumulated PTO, he's not working today at all). I need to leave for work in about two minutes.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

Have a good one Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Old Thread:
  • leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:
paperwork printed...

Yeah, but was the sorry butt driven to school? Or did it walk?

It walked

So glad! Way to go Mom!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OLD Thread:
  • SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
  • leebla Said:

i just got my phone bill

Why do I think that the Essence has moved beyond toast and straight to roadkill.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Old Thread:
  • SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
I can't believe that I'm sitting here contemplating if I should redye the streak blue (it has faded to a pretty shade of green) or just show off the green at Parents night. Surely I have more important things to think about?

Well, the green would compliment the "mouse" and the blue, would coordinate with the "mouse"

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

My browser just totally freaked out and opened a gazillion windows and shut them all down, so i lost my place in the old thread.

I think it's a sign, I need to get everyone ready to go today and try to catch up later!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Morning! TGIF! I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Scrapnut16

• jelly97 Said:
oh .. regarding the 12x12 zipped bags.. I think they are made specifically to hold 12x12 papers. You can find them on Ebay, I think... but I never bought them 'cos I don't need 100 of them.

The Cropper Hopper page planners are like these:
(I use them for planning pages for crops.. I also use the sticker holder to hold misc paper and flat embellies)

Two Gallon Ziploc bags are 12" wide, but they are a little taller. If that doesn't bother you, they work great. Cropper Hopper has another 12 x 12 envelope that doesn't have pockets or anything too.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

oh man I should not have rolled over this morning.
I need tea. Going to try to catch up quick.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I guess everyone jumping on here and then running away is a sign I should be doing something else.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

i didn't log into my work computer hardly at all yesterday. I need to do that and see what all I am behind on. Although I can check my emails from this computer and there hasn't been much.

I want to take an hour or two and run around town with playbill advertising. And I need to do my major stockup grocery shopping trip. Since we haven't been to the lake in two weeks, other than the brief trip last Sunday, before the big storm hit, I am sure hubby is going to want to go either tonight or first thing in the morning.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Can I just say that in absolutely infuriates me that hubby disagrees so wholeheartedly with what son's doctor said, and he has used it 3 times this week already...not becuase I agree so whole heartedly with the doctor myself, but because I asked him to come home from work and go with me, and he couldn't. He was too busy.
So stop throwing it in my face.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Can I just say that in absolutely infuriates me that hubby disagrees so wholeheartedly with what son's doctor said, and he has used it 3 times this week already...not becuase I agree so whole heartedly with the doctor myself, but because I asked him to come home from work and go with me, and he couldn't. He was too busy.
So stop throwing it in my face.

Men!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Okay, my dad finally sent me something funny! I found it on You Tube so I could copy it to you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWrj9TaA0Mc

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

I'm popping back in. I work with a bunch of dorks. Seriously. They are annoying me to no end today.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hey ladies how is every one. I am doing okay. I am doing drill this weekend so after today i might not be back on untill sunday i don't know if i can get on a computer or not.

Also pray for my grandfather. He has cancer and it's been in remission. But today my mom said his hands was real weak so weak he didn't even feel like giving himself a bath. I don't know if that has anything to do with his cancer but just please pray that it's nothing serious.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I'm popping back in. I work with a bunch of dorks. Seriously. They are annoying me to no end today.

My boss def do that to me all the time. She is major crapola lol. Anyways I want to look for a new job but i like the people at my job so i don't know i do know when i get my car i will be getting a partime job.

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to babigirl

Good morning all! I'm at work and...well...not working. Everyone gets back from Maui next week, so that will change on Monday, I'm sure.

I'm excited about my crop tonight- I haven't cropped in a loooong time. Plus, we have steak and salad delivered. And it's a good way for me to avoid cleaning the house...

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to babigirl

my son is nuts. He just opened a pack of popcorn and tried to reach the microwave to make it. Yeah my precious 1 year old is acting like his sister and no way am I feeding him popcorn at 9:50 in the morning, is he nuts.

Edited by foltzy on 09-19-08 05:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Okay, my dad finally sent me something funny! I found it on You Tube so I could copy it to you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWrj9TaA0Mc

"Neither of us wanted custody."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Good morning.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to babigirl

who am I and where has my brain been at for the last month? I keep finding all these things I haven't done, haven't kept up with, haven't finished. How can I work so much every day and not get anything accomplished?

I have really been paying attention even to things like being on here, and only checking in while I am on hold on the phone or waiting on something to print, scan , or fax.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to scrappyJedi

• scrappyJedi Said:
Good morning all! I'm at work and...well...not working. Everyone gets back from Maui next week, so that will change on Monday, I'm sure.

I'm excited about my crop tonight- I haven't cropped in a loooong time. Plus, we have steak and salad delivered. And it's a good way for me to avoid cleaning the house...

I hope you enjoy your crop. Have plenty of fun.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
my son is nuts. He just opened a pack of popcorn and tried to reach the microwave to make it. Yeah my precious 3 year old is acting like his sister and no way am I feeding him popcorn at 9:50 in the morning, is he nuts.

{sheepishly puts popcorn bag back in the cupboard}popcorn's not for breakfast??
isn't it good fiber?

wait! isn't 9:50 lunch time?

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to leebla

Does anyone here use big punches or Nestabilities dies? I'm wanting something that'll cut everything from little circles/squares all the way up to 3" or so (my Ek Success circle cutter can take over after that). I don't have any die cut system, so I'm not tied to any format. I was just wondering what everyone here uses, and is it portable? Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) I end up packing my scrappy supplies to take on flights.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-08 05:58 AM
In response to babigirl

Morning! I'm still catching up on the old thread, but I'm here!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
my son is nuts. He just opened a pack of popcorn and tried to reach the microwave to make it. Yeah my precious 3 year old is acting like his sister and no way am I feeding him popcorn at 9:50 in the morning, is he nuts.

He's not nuts he's a child that's what kids do.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Scrapnut16 Said:

This morning I was thinking about how I want to do the same thing... sleep in tomorrow. Of course "sleeping in" in my house really only means sleeping until maybe 7. Anyway, then I realized how early I have to have Patrick to his football game and it is away again and nearly a 2 hour drive.

So much for sleeping in!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

It was really funny because he pulled a kitchen chair over to the counter where the microwave sits (they both can't reach it without the chair) and couldn't get it where he wanted it (We also lock the microwave so they can't use it). He abandoned the popcorn and is now after a pen.

Edited by foltzy on 09-19-08 06:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

who am I and where has my brain been at for the last month? I keep finding all these things I haven't done, haven't kept up with, haven't finished. How can I work so much every day and not get anything accomplished?

I have really been paying attention even to things like being on here, and only checking in while I am on hold on the phone or waiting on something to print, scan , or fax.

Umm my dear if you keep doing that i pretty sure you will have a headache

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi

• scrappycath Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

This morning I was thinking about how I want to do the same thing... sleep in tomorrow. Of course "sleeping in" in my house really only means sleeping until maybe 7. Anyway, then I realized how early I have to have Patrick to his football game and it is away again and nearly a 2 hour drive.

So much for sleeping in!

Ugh. Early morning drives like that suck. I have an hour commute each way to work, and I'm usually half asleep when I stumble to the car. I turn on talk radio and just kind of drive on autopilot, and by the time I get to the office I'm usually more awake.

Sorry you don't get to sleep in. I hope your son does well in his game!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

hi leah liz viv melissa elizabeth Did i miss anyone?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Elizabeth,

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to babigirl

LOL! Nothing like multitasking, right, Elizabeth?

I'm so bad now that I have to write myself notes for everything...like to remind myself to check the kitty litter box. You'd *think* I'd remember that.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappyJedi Said:
Does anyone here use big punches or Nestabilities dies? I'm wanting something that'll cut everything from little circles/squares all the way up to 3" or so (my Ek Success circle cutter can take over after that). I don't have any die cut system, so I'm not tied to any format. I was just wondering what everyone here uses, and is it portable? Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) I end up packing my scrappy supplies to take on flights.

I love my punches. These are the large ones. I prefer the thumb press over the button style but if you want bigger, you'll have to go with the button type, which I have. Sizzix also has varying circles sizes, too. I use small Ek Success punches, these Whale of a Punch punches, Sizzix, Wishblade and Fiskars Shape Cutter. All depending on what I've got handy.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappyJedi Said:

Don't need any more reason than that!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Time to go put the little guy down for his morning nap. He always needs one about now when he gets up at 7:30 (He'll sleep like 1 1/2 - 2 hours) and then he'll need another at around 2.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to foltzy

Yeah i gotta go to to work i will be back later hopefully after work

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

oh before i go i found a new hobby to keep myself occupied to it's cooking (yeah viv that's your fault to)

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • scrappyJedi Said:

I love my punches. These are the large ones. I prefer the thumb press over the button style but if you want bigger, you'll have to go with the button type, which I have. Sizzix also has varying circles sizes, too. I use small Ek Success punches, these Whale of a Punch punches, Sizzix, Wishblade and Fiskars Shape Cutter. All depending on what I've got handy.

Oooh, I like the levers on those. I'll have to put those on my wishlist for when I have shopping money again. That'll be a little bit. I'm up for another reward gift card from my credit card (charge everything and pay it off each month just for the points), but it's going to pay for ink for my photo printer.

I remember now I used to have the scallopped square button style punch ones. I literally had to sit on it to get it to punch through.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

You sound so much like me. It's not the occasional I forgot or missed something, it's actual "blanks" in life, whole feeling of being totally out of it. It infuriates me! Been happening for over a year now. Part of why I keep trying to cut-back. I think I do too much.

But now I'm looking at cutting back work hours? I don't know if that is the right thing for me to do. Hubby is trying to encourage me to. I just don't feel like I should, yet. And then this only adds to my stress/confusion/out of control state!

Catch 22

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Thanks Melissa! Where do you live?

Years ago I had a 1.5 hour commute when I worked at my then local office. I also had to commute about 40% that required air/train travel. I didn't mind the commute when I had no kids. But after the kids came along, I hated the commutes!

I now have a 10 minute commute. It's great!!!

learn4life
Tenant
learn4life
In response to leebla

I loved Mrs. Hughes.
Have you seen this guy, Jeff Dunham? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKE4JfeKnw

(PS I am Karissa, former lurker... now out in the open!)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
Morning! I'm still catching up on the old thread, but I'm here!

I still need to go back and finish that up. This morning got away from me at home. Well, it was really a typical morning for our house.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

HI former-lurker-Karissa!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
oh before i go i found a new hobby to keep myself occupied to it's cooking (yeah viv that's your fault to)

I'll take the blame there. Last night I linked all the blog and gallery recipes from VCW to the Get Real Critique group. Someone mistakenly saw the Cinnamon Stickies as Cinnamon Stickles. A common mistake, I'd say.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Time to go put the little guy down for his morning nap. He always needs one about now when he gets up at 7:30 (He'll sleep like 1 1/2 - 2 hours) and then he'll need another at around 2.

Wish I could have that schedule!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • babigirl Said:

I'll take the blame there. Last night I linked all the blog and gallery recipes from VCW to the Get Real Critique group. Someone mistakenly saw the Cinnamon Stickies as Cinnamon Stickles. A common mistake, I'd say.

Hope they don't use the stickles in a food recipe!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappyJedi Said:

I only have a couple of the "Whale of a Punch" and Fiskars border punches, not what you are referring to. For circles I use my CM cutting system.

I wish they would come out with squares. I usually cut my own with my paper trimmer.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Old Thread:
  • leebla Said:
Next time you all are praying, I have one for your list. I want you to pray, that Cathy's youngest does not turn out like my youngest.

If anyone had told me that there was something harder than an autistic/aspergers child with multiple other medical problems, or a teenage girl with depession and suicidal thoughts at the age of 12...I would have thought they were nuts.

a million times over my friend.

This is something I fear. I actual have him in a sibling support workgroup. He has his own issue to deal with, especially considering the burden of having 2 (both) of his brothers with special needs and a mom that is so busy with them, and struggles to make time for him, and all that attention that his brother's end up with, and I could go on. But you know the story.

Everything with the typical child looks hunky-dory ...And before you even get to think about it, Bam, it's not.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to learn4life

• learn4life Said:
I loved Mrs. Hughes.

oh yes, jeff dunham is an old favorite around here...come back in a couple hours, Ria will quote him for you!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• learn4life Said:
I loved Mrs. Hughes.

Hello.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
Old Thread:
  • leebla Said:
Next time you all are praying, I have one for your list. I want you to pray, that Cathy's youngest does not turn out like my youngest.

If anyone had told me that there was something harder than an autistic/aspergers child with multiple other medical problems, or a teenage girl with depession and suicidal thoughts at the age of 12...I would have thought they were nuts.

This is something I fear. I actual have him in a sibling support workgroup. He has his own issue to deal with, especially considering the burden of having 2 (both) of his brothers with special needs and a mom that is so busy with them, and struggles to make time for him, and all that attention that his brother's end up with, and I could go on. But you know the story.

Everything with the typical child looks hunky-dory ...And before you even get to think about it, Bam, it's not.

it hink sometimes too we research the heck out of what to do with a special needs child, we listen to what people tell us to do, and then we FORGET how to raise a typical child and there is no one standing there to tell you what to do.

I mean, how could my sunny, blue eyed golden boy possibly think I hate him and I want him to be more like his anti-social plain jane sister?

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi

• scrappycath Said:
Thanks Melissa! Where do you live?

Years ago I had a 1.5 hour commute when I worked at my then local office. I also had to commute about 40% that required air/train travel. I didn't mind the commute when I had no kids. But after the kids came along, I hated the commutes!

I now have a 10 minute commute. It's great!!!

I work in Huntsville and live in rural Southern TN (we have 22 acres and a big rambling old farmhouse). At first the commute was worth it, but now it's sooooo not.

I also travel a ton for work. I'm an engineer with a defense contractor, and they had me on site in Colorado for 5 months last year and then flying out there pretty much every other week this year.

I don't have kids, and I still hate my commute. If I only had to drive 10 mins, I'd be sooo happy!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Tink - I got to look at the pics of your Boston space.... my goodness, you've got a nice stash of stuff in your home away from home!

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi

• learn4life Said:
I loved Mrs. Hughes.

I can't do YouTube from work...but is that the one with "Achmed?" That one is sooooo funny!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

My hubby commutes 2 hours 1 way to work...but it's 100 miles of rural highway/small towns. When I have to go to my office it's an hour and 20 minutes, 54 miles, interstate and city traffic....

last week he had to go somewhere right by my office, he drove my route, I said, okay, my commute or yours? He said he chose his, hands down...5 days a week of his vs 1-2 days of mine...still hands down!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

The farm sounds nice. I wouldn't want to travel away from that!

My brother is an engineer with Lockheed. He lives/works in NJ. Often has to travel to fitout Navy ships. Spends 6 weeks in Hawaii!!!! Then has to sail on the ship too. Spends a few more weeks in the Pacific.

Luckily he has no kids.

learn4life
Tenant
learn4life

This one is Walter (old man puppet) talking about marriage.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
My hubby commutes 2 hours 1 way to work...but it's 100 miles of rural highway/small towns. When I have to go to my office it's an hour and 20 minutes, 54 miles, interstate and city traffic....

last week he had to go somewhere right by my office, he drove my route, I said, okay, my commute or yours? He said he chose his, hands down...5 days a week of his vs 1-2 days of mine...still hands down!

I can understand that!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Old thread:
  • foltzy Said:
Didn't tell you guys. This morning was a little cool so I was going to put on a pair of jeans. None of my jeans fit anymore. I've lost 6 lbs but I want and need to lose more. I'm at my heaviest ever and I'm not happy about it. I'm going to lose weight, I'm determined to get healthy, it's very important for me.

I found the weight you lost! It got on my thighs and butt! Want it back? I'd like to lose it!!

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappyJedi Said:

I only have a couple of the "Whale of a Punch" and Fiskars border punches, not what you are referring to. For circles I use my CM cutting system.

I wish they would come out with squares. I usually cut my own with my paper trimmer.

I think I could live with making squares with my paper trimmer- that I don't mind it's the #*$@*#$ circles I always have trouble with.

I love the idea of punches, but the Nestabilities dies are soooo much cheaper- it would be $40 for the two sets that do 7/8" to 4.2" in nested sizes. Less if I used a coupon to get them at HL. I'd still need a cutting machine, but they are compatible with most all of them, so I'd probably just go for the cheapest (I have a Wishblade to do most of my other cutting on). I'd like these to cut things like photos and specific parts of patterns on paper that are really hard to line up on the Wishblade .

The CM cutting system sounds interesting. What sizes does it do?

Oh, and I found this cool thing while searching the superstore...I'm thinking it would be great for piercing paper to put brads in a circle.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to babigirl

I'm here .... Trying to get Anika to go to the shower so we can leave for the hospital ... thankfully we have 2 hours since she takes her sweet little time ...

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
Old Thread:
  • leebla Said:

it hink sometimes too we research the heck out of what to do with a special needs child, we listen to what people tell us to do, and then we FORGET how to raise a typical child and there is no one standing there to tell you what to do.

I mean, how could my sunny, blue eyed golden boy possibly think I hate him and I want him to be more like his anti-social plain jane sister?

My guess is that he really doesn't think that, he just knows how to push your buttons and is using that to his advantage.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

The clock is moving so very slow today.

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi

• scrappycath Said:
The farm sounds nice. I wouldn't want to travel away from that!

My brother is an engineer with Lockheed. He lives/works in NJ. Often has to travel to fitout Navy ships. Spends 6 weeks in Hawaii!!!! Then has to sail on the ship too. Spends a few more weeks in the Pacific.

Luckily he has no kids.

It should be nice, but it isn't. I actually like being on travel and away- I seem to be happier then.

Wow, your brother has a cool job! I do software, so I don't get to do a whole lot that's cool like that. The most interesting thing I did was spend an afternoon on the tarmac at an army base underneath a running Kiowa helicopter (it's only powered when it's running, and I was working on the computer) to check out the comms system.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Tink - hope you and Anika have a good day today!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I've been under helicopters when they are on - transferring patients for flight. Scares me. One time I don't like being tall!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Joy - I'm catching up from last night. Hope your brother is OK. Keep us informed.

And I hope you start to get better on the antibiotic!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• NMlady Said:
  • LeeLo Said:
Oh my gosh...$200.00 cough syrup?

My reaction exactly.

It's enough to make you sick!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
The clock is moving so very slow today.

for me, for once, that is a good thing. feels like I am getting more done that way!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• scrappyJedi Said:
  • leebla Said:

My guess is that he really doesn't think that, he just knows how to push your buttons and is using that to his advantage.

Hon this is hard on you ... I hope things look better today ....

I'm sending you all my strength ... I have extra today ...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

From last thread...

• leebla Said:
so I'm not nuts to think he needs some time away from the phone, AND he works off the bill.

And keeping him home from the fair tomorrow in my mind is more than just the phone bill. It's the lack of regard for the rules. Coming home late last night, not getting up for school on time today, not rushing to get out the door to school, smart mouthing me when I ask him something, his whole evil mom attack when I confronted him about it and the phone bill.....

Oh.. he definitely NEEDS to lose his telephone privilege and NEED To pay off the bills....

I'm just trying to save you some money before he racks up another month of charges. You'll still see the calls he made, and he doesn't need to know the change in cost... to him, the $$ shouldn't be the issue.. he should have listened to you.

I thought you may want to discipline him while saving some money too.. not necessary to have him ruin your monthly budget while he's learning to respect and obey rules.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

Hi Shirley!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
From last thread...

• leebla Said:
so I'm not nuts to think he needs some time away from the phone, AND he works off the bill.

And keeping him home from the fair tomorrow in my mind is more than just the phone bill. It's the lack of regard for the rules. Coming home late last night, not getting up for school on time today, not rushing to get out the door to school, smart mouthing me when I ask him something, his whole evil mom attack when I confronted him about it and the phone bill.....

Oh.. he definitely NEEDS to lose his telephone privilege and NEED To pay off the bills....

I'm just trying to save you some money before he racks up another month of charges. You'll still see the calls he made, and he doesn't need to know the change in cost... to him, the $$ shouldn't be the issue.. he should have listened to you.

I thought you may want to discipline him while saving some money too.. not necessary to have him ruin your monthly budget while he's learning to respect and obey rules.

thanks shirley, i saw that

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scrappyJedi Said:

I wanna join your crop!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm so hungry. But I'm resisting snacking. I made a decision last night that I really need to be extra good about my dietary selections. I'm not able to run and that has affected me physically and mentally.

I'm at the point where my pants are all so tight around the waste that I'm not wearing shirts tucked in anymore. I'm tired of being this way.

I'm going to do whatever exercise I can and watch my intake. I need it to be healthier. Period.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• scrappycath Said:
I've been under helicopters when they are on - transferring patients for flight. Scares me. One time I don't like being tall!

That is a thing I hate ... I don't like those flights ... I had a view of the helicopter pad at the hospital ... I was always waiting for something like what happened on ER to happen .... I don't like it and the guys on the transport team are super fast getting out of the helicopter ...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scrappyJedi Said:

I have a little Sidekick and a Cuttlebug. I have sets of circle and tags die that'll fit into the Cuttlebug.. and also a set of nested flower die from QuicKutz that fits into the Cuttlebug.

I also have a circle cutter... it's very portable, a bit of a learning curve to use...and needs a mat (which I have).
Products Referenced in This Post:
Fiskars Circle Cutter (Discontinued)

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • scrappyJedi Said:

I wanna join your crop!

hey me too ... lets book a flight ...

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-08 07:13 AM

I get to scrap tonight!!

A friend called me earlier this week and asked if I wanted to come over tonight after work and scrap.

I have nothing packed up because I just unpacked everything to make me a scrap corner.

Then I have a very busy weekend to deal with and have to find time to study somewhere in there.

And...it's been one of those weeks. PMS. Ick. Everything has annoyed me. I've felt like crying more than once this week.

On a happy note...it's FRIDAY! Yay!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Tink-Hildur

• Tink-Hildur Said:
I'm here .... Trying to get Anika to go to the shower so we can leave for the hospital ... thankfully we have 2 hours since she takes her sweet little time ...

Is she going in for surgery or check-up? Prayers sent...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scrappycath Said:
Hi Shirley!

Hi, Cath!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
I'm so hungry. But I'm resisting snacking. I made a decision last night that I really need to be extra good about my dietary selections. I'm not able to run and that has affected me physically and mentally.

I'm at the point where my pants are all so tight around the waste that I'm not wearing shirts tucked in anymore. I'm tired of being this way.

I'm going to do whatever exercise I can and watch my intake. I need it to be healthier. Period.

when i do my mad stock up shoppiong later today, I need to buy healthy snacks, and the ones that border on unhealthy, need to be high fiber, low fat at least. Because I am resisting the urge to snack so much, I find I am also resisting or repelling the urge to eat, which only slows your metabolism and is not good. And now that I have recouped my laptop from my son, I need to prop it back up ont he treadmill and use it to catch up here!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
I get to scrap tonight!!

A friend called me earlier this week and asked if I wanted to come over tonight after work and scrap.

I have nothing packed up because I just unpacked everything to make me a scrap corner.

Then I have a very busy weekend to deal with and have to find time to study somewhere in there.

And...it's been one of those weeks. PMS. Ick. Everything has annoyed me. I've felt like crying more than once this week.

And you get to scrap tonight!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
I get to scrap tonight!!

PMS can be cured with cropping AND a little bling , as Ria would surely tell you...

Yay to cropping and Friday!

Edited by jelly97 on 09-19-08 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • scrappyJedi Said:

I have a little Sidekick and a Cuttlebug. I have sets of circle and tags die that'll fit into the Cuttlebug.. and also a set of nested flower die from QuicKutz that fits into the Cuttlebug.

I also have a circle cutter... it's very portable, a bit of a learning curve to use...and needs a mat (which I have).

I have that cutter and two other kinds ... the FIskar kind is the best ... he gives you the option to do the size of circle that you want ... I love that about him ... and its small ...

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-08 07:21 AM

Yeah...it is Friday & I get to crop. Maybe that bit of time to do something I want to do will help!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

From NPR:

Leverage - that is when banks/institutions racked up colossal debt and invested in very risky securities and then LOST all the $$ and then needs to be bailed out.

Question: -
Why would smart people like Wall Street firms invest in such risky securities (that are tied to sub-prime mortgages) that they KNOW will fail?

Answer: -
"Wall Street has rocket scientists come up with convoluted and complicated securities and product such that even people working in Wall Street do not know these products are tied to risky mortgages"

!!! !!!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:

Is she going in for surgery or check-up? Prayers sent...

believe it or not but they are going to put another 10 ml into the balloon and then its SubQ IG time .... so well be there for the next 6-8 hours ... lovely right ...

She has her SubQ IG therapy every Friday at 3:30 ... thats the immune system in a bottle that she gets because she doesn't have one ... thats also the same thing we come to Boston to pick up every 5 weeks ... get one treatment in Boston and bring 4 treatments back to Iceland with us ...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Tink-Hildur Said:
  • jelly97 Said:

I have that cutter and two other kinds ... the FIskar kind is the best ... he gives you the option to do the size of circle that you want ... I love that about him ... and its small ...

Yeah, that's right, Tink ... the circle cutter can cut up to 5.8" radius circles... (11.6" diameter). And it can cut any size in between!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-08 07:27 AM
In response to jellyziva

I've never used the Fiskars circle cutter. I do have the Creative Memories set though. I like it! Now that I have my Cricut, I can cut circles and stuff with it.

Page 1 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics