Page 1 of 115 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

We are a new group of some crazy ladies! We are here to share our work, get some real critique and most of all, chat about our everyday lives! We will always have a shoulder to lean on, a place to share with friends and a place to challenge ourselves.

Circle of Friends By Pammy

CoF Important Links

Circle of Friends Favorites

CoF Recipes

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE

Guidelines

1. This will be a friendly environment to escape from the realities of real life. The main focus of this group will be our creations; layouts, cards and home décor, but we look forward to learning more about each other, sharing our joys, triumphs, trials and tribulations are encouraged.

2. We will share tips, tricks and techniques that we have found and or learned and encourage all members to do the same. Please leave love in the members' gallery and designate COF so we know who we are. Critiquing will be done in this forum.

3. We all realize that there are lives outside of forum ! Please just check in on a regular basis. If you’re going to be gone just let us know. We care about you!

4. We will do a monthly challenge. The members will alternate choosing the challenge every month. If you are unable to complete by the deadline please let us know. We understand life’s little emergencies, but please at least try the challenges.

5. Big decisions will be made by the group and as a group. Everyone will have a voice.

6. One of the biggest guidelines is that we all have FUN!!! While these guidelines are not etched in stone they are a start and will help to keep things stress free and running smoothly.

(Thanks to Spacey Tracy for the framework of our guidelines.)

Members

~*~Amigosa~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Leesa
2. When is your birthday? January 13
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Matt. We have been married for just over 2 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a son, Noah. He is 14 months old.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I just bought the Big Bite and love it! I also use ink a lot and I am just starting to get into embossing.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am currently a SAHM and love it to pieces.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I hope that this group will make my work better, to leave more tecniques and to make some great friends!

~*~Scrap4brains~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Marlene
2. When is your birthday? 7/7
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Ken, we've been married 24 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? Kyle & Matty 23 & 24. 2 furry children - one 8 year old yellow Lab named Holly and one 11 week old chocolate Lab named Betty.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Cricut Expression
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am an Administrative Assistant in a Public Defender office. I also like to crochet and watch movies.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Friendship and some honest feedback about my work.

~*~Meak72~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Carrie
2. When is your birthday? November 6
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Technically, yes. His name is Cockroach.
4. Do you have any children? Drew is 4 and Brayden is almost 2.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Lately, it has been clear stamps and inks.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? I take care of my boys and try to spend time catching up on movies.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? First and foremost, friendship. Secondly, if I need help with my projects, I would love to have honest and well thought out suggestions.

~*~Lilmrmaid~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? My name is Yvonne
2. When is your birthday? My birthday is 3/12
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? I have a something LOL, his name is Doug, we are not married but have lived together for 16 years. I call him my dh though. Makes it easier.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a step-son--TJ he is 22. I have a ds--Brian he is 21 and 2 dd's--Krystal---18 and Brittni--14
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I have so many. I love chipboard, my cricuit (even though I have only used it a few times), flowers and trying to get into inking more.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? spend time with my family and go to my kids sporting events. dh loves to fish and boat, so we do that sometime. I also love to play mini golf and we just got a wii and are having a wonderful time playing that. We also love to watch movies. I am a licensed EMT and on the local rescue/fire dept. I am also a cosmetologist, but I don't do hair anymore except for my family as I can not stand for long long periods of time.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Make friends and receive help when am stumped and critique as to what others might think would look good as I consider myself a very simple scrapper and would love to try new things. Sometimes I have a very hard time doing a layout, not very artistic LOL.

~*~Vivian Loves BLING~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Vivian (Vivian will always be in my username here)
2. When is your birthday? January 9th
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Tim for the past 17 years married and 2 additional years prior.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages?
Krystal, 24, married to Mike with two boys of their own (Bradley 4.5 and Blake 3) and Eric, 16, at home being home schooled.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I go through spells with various tools but bling of any sort has been a constant factor in my scrapping. Any bling in general but Stickles in particular.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I'm trying to start up a scrapbooking hosting business. Hope to be fully up and operational by the beginning of next year, sooner if possible. Otherwise I stay busy with family and friends. I live a life of leisure. which really means I'm available to help in any crisis or whatever, my time isn't my own.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I've gotten lazy in my scrapping and need some accountability.

~*~Slywalker~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

~*~Rachelk~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Rachel
2. When is your birthday? Oct 11
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? DH/Kelly
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? 1 DD/She is almost 3
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Chalk!
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I love baking, reading with my daughter, reading, and doing crosswords
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I want to continue forming new friendships and love to receive genuine, constructive criticism on my work.

~*~Mrsmiller~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Shannon
2. When is your birthday? February 7th, 1971
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Jason
4. Do you have any children? Abigail 14, Ariel 9, Daniel 5
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Fonts!
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? working, cleaning/fixing up my house, going to Cedar Point (or any other amusement park)!
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Friendship and motivation.

~*~Pammy~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Pam, spam, pammy, aka anything!
2. When is your birthday? August 19, 1973
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Kevin
4. Do you have any children? Sean is 6
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? hmm.. chipboard for sure
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? That is the question, lol. Sketching, painting, watching movies, working out, working with my son, playing with my pets, well just about everything!!
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? FRIENDSHIP and occasional critique

~*~Sylver_Mercedes~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Sylvia Surya
2. When is your birthday? 11.20.1980
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Andrew, married 6 years come January 09
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? No children, just a cat named Veruka
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Where do I begin?
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I'm a CS Rep for a manufacturing company to pay the bills. I love movies, animals and just hanging out with my friends
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Learning new techniques and chatting it up with a great group of women

Questionnaire

1. What is your name?
2. When is your birthday?
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name?
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item?
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies?
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group?

Edited by Circle of Friends on 12-21-08 12:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Circle of Friends

I'm going to be the first post.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to scrap4brains

This is beautiful! I'll be excited once we get everything set up!!!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Amigosa

I like the intro.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

me please

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

I logged out and back in. I'm getting cool.

I sent my order for the group buy. I can't believe how much I'm getting for my money. For the Ranger order I could easily just say all of it!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Yvonne- Yay! I'll get you added. I'm hoping that we can get a good questionnaire up and then everyone can fill it out and PM it to the Circle of Friends. Then I will get all of them on the first post.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Marlene- You have to log back out and log back in as you. hehe! Yeah, I love the group buy!!!!! You can get so much for the money.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

dumb question here, but who is doing this??? What is the group buy?? LOL

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

I've been back and forth, I starting to forget who I am. Do you want me to post the guidelines without #6? I can do it now.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Yvonne- the group buy is a group that Marlene and I are in.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Marlene- Would you like us to alter those and make them our own?

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Amigosa

I did, did you see the pm? How about I just put them up and we can change them more later?

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

I want to do this so I can log off and come back as my self. We should put one of those cool smileys for an avi. I can't do it from work - denied access.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Yvonne- the group buy is a group that Marlene and I are in.

oh, I see, I was wondering if I was missing something. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Marlene- Would you like us to alter those and make them our own?

what are you altering???

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Marlene- That sounds great!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

1. What is your name? My name is Yvonne

2. When is your birthday? My birthday is 3/12

3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? I have a something LOL, his name is Doug, we are not married but have lived together for 16 years. I call him my dh though. Makes it easier.

4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a step-son--TJ he is 22. I have a ds--Brian he is 21 and 2 dd's--Krystal---18 and Brittni--14

5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I have so many. I love chipboard, my cricuit (even though I have only used it a few times), flowers and trying to get into inking more.

6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e.
occupation or other hobbies? spend time with my family and go to my kids sporting events. dh loves to fish and boat, so we do that sometime. I also love to play mini golf and we just got a wii and are having a wonderful time playing that. We also love to watch movies. I am a licensed EMT and on the local rescue/fire dept. I am also a cosmetologist, but I don't do hair anymore except for my family as I can not stand for long long periods of time.

7. What do you hope to gain by being in this
group? Make friends and receive help when am stumped and critique as to what others might think would look good as I consider myself a very simple scrapper and would love to try new things. Sometimes I have a very hard time doing a layout, not very artistic LOL.

Edited by lilmrmaid on 09-25-08 01:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Well, do we want to add more questions to our list? Those are there just to start out with.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

Ok, how do you like it. I do a lot of writing for work, I don't think I have any legalese in there. No hereinafters.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

I can't really think of any other questions except maybe something about goals or something.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

I can't think of any more questions. Did you ask about occupations?

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

two pages already WOOHOO!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I only have one page. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

This is fun LOL

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

Marlene- this is Leesa and I'm logged in now. hehe

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

how are those questions? I going to logout now because I get to go home and play with Betty. Someone pointed out to me this morning that I had a muddy pawprint on my light blue shirt and I did. TTFN. I log back on from home.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

ok now what is going on?? LOL

I seen that 2 more questions were added to the first post, I copied them and added them to my questionnaire and now they are gone on the first post. Where did they go??? someone stole them.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Sorry, Marlene and I were both updating at the same time... lol! I'll get the other 2 questions added in a bit.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

LOL that is funny

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I added 6 & 7 to my above post.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am trying to get my scrap room cleaned and organized. I need to go shopping again for a couple containers. I have lots of these types of things and no where to stick them.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

sorry I always forget to add pic

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Geeze Yvonne, did the UPS guy have to make two trips. I am green for the stuff from brown.

When my ds was small he called it the Ooopy Mess guy.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

LOL, no they only made one trip, huge box though

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I had made an order of this and my dd also made an order for it and when it came it had a pink clock instead of a black one. Advantus made a mistake and put the wrong clocks in the kits, they told us to keep the pink clock as a gift and they were sending out 2 black clocks. When we got back from the dr today, there were 2 big boxes outside our house with the black clocks, so all together, we got 3 big packages today. I was like Christmas.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
sorry I always forget to add pic

Oooh... I want some of those!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

1. What is your name? Marlene
2. When is your birthday? 7/7
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? yes Name? Ken, we've been married 24 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Kyle & Matty Ages? 23 & 24. 2 furry children - one 8 year old yellow Lab named Holly and one 11 week old chocolate Lab named Betty.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Cricut Expression
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? I am an Administrative Assistant in a Public Defender office. I also like to crochet and watch movies.
7. What do I hope to gain? Friendship and some honest feedback about my work.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

That was soooo nice of them to let you keep the pink clocks!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

this is fun. Yvonne, I'm so glad you found us.
Are you surprised?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Have you heard from Carrie? She had an appt. with her lawyer today, I wonder how that went.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Check out my siggie.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Marlene! Great siggy!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

So what are you ladies up to tonight?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I'm working on a heritage page. I've never done one before.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm here now, too.

1. What is your name? Vivian (Vivian will always be in my username here)

2. When is your birthday? January 9th

3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Tim for the past 17 years married and 2 additional years prior.

Krystal, 24, married to Mike with two boys of their own (Bradley 4.5 and Blake 3) and Eric, 16, at home being home schooled.

5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I go through spells with various tools but bling of any sort has been a constant factor in my scrapping. Any bling in general but Stickles in particular.

6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? I'm trying to start up a scrapbooking hosting business. Hope to be fully up and operational by the beginning of next year, sooner if possible. Otherwise I stay busy with family and friends. I live a life of leisure. which really means I'm available to help in any crisis or whatever, my time isn't my own.

7. What do I hope to gain? I've gotten lazy in my scrapping and need some accountability.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Vivian loves BLING

YAY! I'm so excited to see you! Do you still have Bradley?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I just checked out that Vintage Me gallery. I would love to be able to pile that much stuff on a page and make it look fabulous. Lesley really should see that gallery, all that antiquie ephemera.

The spell checker does not like my made up words. This is a new art form, we have to explain stuff some way.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marlene, about your siggie, "The surest way for a project to go wrong is to have only one piece of the perfect paper." I learned something cool/neat Monday.

The lady at Scraper's Dream in Summerville, SC shared it with me and some other ladies there. She selected a beautiful sheet of paper that had a floral pattern in one corner. The flowers were obviously trimmed out and adhered with pop dots, with the flower edges inked/chalked.

Okay, no biggie, I've seen this countless times. Well, I was floored when she said she only used that one sheet of pp. She had used a lighter shade of solid cardstock for the matting of the photo but she also used it for the back part of the corner where the floral pattern was. After adhering the cardstock to the back of the corner, she used pop dots to adhere the flowers she had cut out from that same location! How clever is that? No waste. She said she inked the edges to not only hide the flaws where she cut but to cover up the white core of most pp.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Yes, I still have Bradley and plan to take him back Sunday.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

VIV!!!!! I am so glad to see you here!!!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

That is such a cool trick. I have never thought of doing that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

When my kids were about Bradley's age, if I wanted them to sit quietly for a little while I'd give them craft magnets. They are strong enough to attract and repel, are fun to fool around with, easy to transport and cheap enough that if they lost one, so what?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I thought it was great! It kinda frees me up with the single sheet problems.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Is there a way to get this to refresh itself without going back a page?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Bradley is what I call high maintenance. He wants/needs constant attention. Not one to entertain himself, wants to be watched when he's doing something by himself even. Good thing he's so cute and funny.

Been working with him on the following"

Anything over 2 WHYs is rude. One WHY is always good, two okay but after that it's rude and/or annoying.

NEVER tell the driver how to drive. Yes, at 4 he's already a backseat driver. After telling him that his Papa (my dh) doesn't even tell me how to drive, he certainly can't.

It is usually rude to say "I don't like THAT!" Especially when not even trying it. So he's now saying, "I don't want any" or get this one..."I'll like when I'm older." He came up with that one since I kept telling him he'll like it when he's older.

Not to say "I can't do that" without trying. Plus I'd never tell him to do something he's not capable of.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Is there a way to get this to refresh itself without going back a page?

Press [F5] button at the top of your keyboard.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marlene, did you save this thread to your favorites?

I have my favorite threads here at Sb.c as my home page on my web browser. I just refresh it to see if there are any new posts.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

NSo he's now saying, "I don't want any" or get this one..."I'll like when I'm older." He came up with that one since I kept telling him he'll like it when he's older.

I really did lol when I read that.

Leesa, is Noah saying any words yet?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

Calling it "Scrapbooking Sanctuary."

Trick for inking curves? Hmm. You should know I'm not much on inking anything. I do find that if I place the paper right up along the edge of my desk/table and apply the ink pad to it (with something covering the corner, even if it's blue painting tape), I have better control of the inking than any other way I've tried.

Sure, what class would you like to teach? I can't pay you anything but food and a good time.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Yes, Noah is actually saying a lot of words. He also does a lot of signing. He probably says 15-20 words and does about 6-8 signs.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I added "Circle of Friends" to my favorite artist and favorite blogger. This way anything new will get emailed to me.

Hosting individual challenges in blogs will be interesting.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

What do you mean interesting? Is that in a bad way? I have no problem hosting all of the challenges actually. I'd actually love it! lol Although, I would love ideas from you guys on what challenges to do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Not interesting in any bad way.

I've done some things through blogs, like prayer requests and even a Bible study here. The only down side is that you can't do clickable links in the posts/comments to blogs. You can cut and paste but nothing clickable.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Hmmm.... Nothing clickable... that stinks.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I like the idea of rotating it, there will be someone who won't want to so you can take those Leesa. Ok? I'll bet Viv's has bling. I just got a pm from Lesley she's in. I am so happy about that, she has great work, love the Aussie tone and I really like her. I feel the same you about you, Viv and Leesa.

I'm going to sign off for a while. The puppy is sleeping on my feet (my computer sits on a dorm fridge so I'm standing) and it's hard to get to the keyboard. I guess I could just move her but she looks so precious.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

What would be cool or handy to do is add whatever layouts we ask critique for into CoF's favorites. This way by clicking to the faves there, all the images could be found.

With the following categories:

Favorite
This Inspired Me
This Made Me Laugh
Quite Innovative
This Warmed My Heart
So Cute!

Each could be for specific things. I use Innovative for only scraproom images that refer to. Nothing scrappy, only rooms. The other categories I don't use as much, just Favorites (where I plan to scraplift later) and Innovative for room and organizing.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Well, have any of you ever used tinyurl.com? You can go to there and enter a long url and then click tiny and it makes it shorter. It's super cool!

Like this... http://tinyurl.com/3pm5d5

That way it is shorter and we can just copy and paste it into our browser.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Night Marlene!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
What would be cool or handy to do is add whatever layouts we ask critique for into CoF's favorites. This way by clicking to the faves there, all the images could be found.

With the following categories:

Favorite
This Inspired Me
This Made Me Laugh
Quite Innovative
This Warmed My Heart
So Cute!

Each could be for specific things. I use Innovative for only scraproom images that refer to. Nothing scrappy, only rooms. The other categories I don't use as much, just Favorites (where I plan to scraplift later) and Innovative for room and organizing.

That is a GREAT idea!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Love the first page, nice job. You'll have to give me lessons on how to do all that blogging stuff. Night.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good night, Marlene. I won't be far behind. This little boy has me wiped again!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I will start the first challenge. I'm thinking it will be for the rest of this month and due November 1st?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

hey ladies, i know you guys, lol
i would so love to join ya, here's my info:

1. What is your name?
Rachel
2. When is your birthday?
Oct 11
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? DH/Kelly
1 DD/She is almost 3
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item?
Chalk!
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies?
I love baking, reading with my daughter, reading, and doing crosswords
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group?
I want to continue forming new friendships and love to receive genuine, constructive criticism on my work.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to rachelk

Yay Rachel!!!!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Rachel.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Sorry Rachel, that was me! lol I was updating the first sheet.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• Circle of Friends Said:
Yay Rachel!!!!!!!!

i soooo have some catching up to do already!
super excited to be here everyone!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Yes, Noah is actually saying a lot of words. He also does a lot of signing. He probably says 15-20 words and does about 6-8 signs.

thats awesome, i love seeing them sign! i think many people forget that signing is more natural to them at first, it helps them communicate what they cannot say.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

I am very thankful that we taught Noah signs because he was able to let us know what he wanted or needed before he was able to tell us. They can learn to sign way before they can learn to control their vocal cords.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

We (dd and I) couldn't get Bradley to sign. We had him tested to make sure there wasn't any medical reasons he wasn't talking. Then a year ago, at 3.5 he started talking and hasn't shut up yet.

I tried to teach him "thank you" in sign language but he'd turn his head away. Wouldn't say it or sign it. Nothing. But his hearing was fine, nothing wrong with throat or vocal cords or tongue.

Now he talks so fast at times, I have to make him slow down and he gets impatient with me.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

yep, thats why most of them act out at that age, they cant communicate what they want! i would get frustrated too, awesome job teaching him, great choice.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

We (dd and I) couldn't get Bradley to sign. We had him tested to make sure there wasn't any medical reasons he wasn't talking. Then a year ago, at 3.5 he started talking and hasn't shut up yet.

I tried to teach him "thank you" in sign language but he'd turn his head away. Wouldn't say it or sign it. Nothing. But his hearing was fine, nothing wrong with throat or vocal cords or tongue.

Now he talks so fast at times, I have to make him slow down and he gets impatient with me.

we BEG them to talk, and then we BEG them to stop talking! too funny viv, some kids will just do whatever when they are ready, and no sooner!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

we BEG them to talk, and then we BEG them to stop talking! too funny viv, some kids will just do whatever when they are ready, and no sooner!

LOL Rachel, isn't that soooo right! Viv- some kids are just so stubborn!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

so, is it cool if i totally thread jack tomorrow morning like always, lol?

hi viv
goodnite marlene

i miss lesley and carrie has anyone heard from them today?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Well, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then go to bed. Night ladies!

I am sooooooooo excited about our new group!!! I really want this to be a group for all of us and we all get to vote on how its run.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Well, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then go to bed. Night ladies!

I am sooooooooo excited about our new group!!! I really want this to be a group for all of us and we all get to vote on how its run.

me too, cant wait to GET BUSY, were gonna rack up the pages girls!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

I'm still very much a part of the GRC. None of you dropped that did ya?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Going to bed. Good night.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

boy ladies you sure are chatty tonight. When I left, I was on page 2, now there are 4 pages. I had to go make supper. We were having meatloaf, I was just starting to mix it up when Krystal came running upstairs that one of her hermit crabs was dead. He had mites. So we had to clean the aquarium and boil all the bowl and plants to kill the bugs and then give all the hermies baths until there were no bugs on them. They are a huge pain in the butt.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
this is fun. Yvonne, I'm so glad you found us.
Are you surprised?

surprised about what??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Check out my siggie.

great siggy

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

wow that is an awesome gallery, I will have to go check it out more later tonight.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

I use a small stiff paint brush dabbed with ink. It seems to get into corners I can't get the ink pad to go.

Yeah Viv, what you calling your space??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

sounds good to me

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Where is everyone tonight??

Page 1 of 115 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics