Page 2 of 115 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I know I asked this before on the other group, but I will ask again because it would be too hard to go back and look through all the post.

What is everyones fave color???

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

G'Day Everyone - guess who?

To those who supported me when I really needed it THANKS I really appreciate what everyone has done, have missed you heaps.

Would love to be part of this group and look forward to, well, being able to have fun and share our work.

1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates. I do quilting, go for long walks on our very long beach, love reading and talking to friends on the phone.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I know I asked this before on the other group, but I will ask again because it would be too hard to go back and look through all the post.

Hi Yvonne, my fav is blue with Lime Green a close 2nd.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

alrighty thanks

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey Girls! I'm here, just had such a busy day. I will fill out my stuff tomorrow.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

By the way, we can call this group anything we want. We didn't have to name it Circle of Friends. I have just seen other groups give themselves a name and then put the COF behind it. Like, The Funky Focker COF/CG. Please, don't feel like we have to go with that if you all have something more creative! The kookier the better for me! But, whatever man. I'm just here to have some fun!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Hi, just on my early morning check. Glad to see all the new posts.

My favorite color is green.

And to answer Viv's question, I do not have the time to keep up with three forums so I am done with GRC. No hard feelings I just prefer to be on more equal footing. I spend so much time doing what other people want me to do that in my scraproom I'm my own boss.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

OMG!!!!!!!!Yvonne, you are a better woman than i, i would have ran for the hills if i saw something like that! EEEEEWWWWW. How in the world could someone NOT know they were so infested?!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

hhhmmmm, yvonne, to be honest it probably changes as much as i change my clothes, but i think my fave color is blue

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
By the way, we can call this group anything we want. We didn't have to name it Circle of Friends. I have just seen other groups give themselves a name and then put the COF behind it. Like, The Funky Focker COF/CG. Please, don't feel like we have to go with that if you all have something more creative! The kookier the better for me! But, whatever man. I'm just here to have some fun!

girl you crack me up, i LOVE it!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
G'Day Everyone - guess who?

To those who supported me when I really needed it THANKS I really appreciate what everyone has done, have missed you heaps.

Would love to be part of this group and look forward to, well, being able to have fun and share our work.

1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

hi lesley!!! im so glad to hear from you, i missed you and everyone else too
im so glad you checked out my new blog, its kind of still under construction because im learning (very slowly) how to add the cool stuff i want. to answer your question, no it isnt really hard, it is a little time consuming to learn, but i also have 2 little ones running around here, so its like i just get something up, and i have to go tend to them, so i forget where and what i was doing....so naturally everything i do takes longer these days!
im actually going to go update my siggi now, so i'll be back!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

okay, siggi is UPDATED!

and, to respond to Viv, i cannot even attempt to keep up with 2 groups, it really wouldnt be fair to all the other members of either group b/c i am so scatterbrained (i blame my ADHD, i wonder how long i will get away with that excuse?!)that i would feel like cr*p if i overlooked something, or forgot about doing something i was supposed to, you know?

i will just have to gracefully bow out of GRC, my friendships built here are just so much stronger, i would miss you ladies like crazy if i couldnt talk and critique with you!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

thank you so much Leesa and Marlene for setting this group up, I know you are both busy.

Sorry to sound dumb but what do you mean by posting the challenges on the blog instead of the thread, do you mean on our own blogs sorry if that's dumb.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Has to be green for a color but anything shiny will do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Yeah, I understand about not over-extending.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Leesa thank you for bringing that site to our attention, I have seen one of her LO"s and saved to favs but had never gone through the whole gallery, I just love it so much and when you are using a lot on your pages you have to be so precise and I think she just does it so well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Has to be green for a color but anything shiny will do.

of course...lol.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Leesa thank you for bringing that site to our attention, I have seen one of her LO"s and saved to favs but had never gone through the whole gallery, I just love it so much and when you are using a lot on your pages you have to be so precise and I think she just does it so well.

i meant to jump in and comment on this earlier, but i forgot....and totally agree with you girls, her stuff is AMAZINGLY gorgeous! i've had her as a buddy for a while, but havent checked out her gallery lately, she is super nice too....

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

good morning ladies.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Good morning ladies!!!!!

Let me see if I can catch up here...

My favorite color is PINK!!!

I am soooooo glad to have Lesley and Carrie over here. By no means do you ladies need to feel that you have to choose, but I choose this. I agree with Marlene in the fact that I like to be on equal ground. I was not a fan at how thing were ran on GRC. Just a personal opinion. I hope there are no hard feelings with that.

Yvonne- Sorry to hear about the hermit crab. You are a blessing to those other hermit crabs that you helped out.

Yes, I LOVE Vintage Me's gallery. It is definitely not my style, but I just love looking at it. Get this... she has only been sbing since March of this year! AMAZING!

Carrie- Circle of Friends it is. Now its a little too late to change it. haha Plus, we are a great circle of friends! so...

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

hi yvonne! hope your not still feeling "buggy" this morning!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

nope buggy is gone.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Is there a certain paper line that is everyones fave???

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

Good morning Leesa, Rachel and Yvonne. Leesa so far as I'm concerned there was no choice to make, I want to make (& Keep) friends and have fun as well as having my work critiqued and you & Marlene have done a great job.

Did you ever get that scallop edge LO finished with the additions? that sort of came up at 'that' time with the thread and I didn't see it again.

Yvonne, sorry to feel you have been feeling yucky.

Rachel, how's things with you.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Basic Grey !!!!!!!!!!

(and below is my favorite collection of theirs)

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

No, I haven't gotten my Olive Fingers layout finished yet. I added a couple things and I didn't really like what I added. I haven't been able to finish it yet because Noah's been sick. I'm hoping to get back to working on it this weekend.

Ok ladies, I have to run to the grocery store to get a list of things the nurse told me to get for Noah. He is on a bland diet, I need to give him baking soda baths for his raw butt and some pedialyte to keep him hydrated. I'll be back a little late! I will also be updating the first sheet with our 'new' members!!!!

Also, since this is innvite only I was thinking about who we whould invite next. Do any of you have anyone you want to invite? I was thinking we all could talk about it first.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I'm back, pretty hectic here this morning. I thought of a bunch of stuff I forgot to answer earlier, but I must be in "Rachel" mode it all slipped away. We all know you you can't be as spacey as you claim.

Lesley, how many house guests do you have? Are they helping? I don't really know what they mean by posting to the blog either. Gotta check that out. I think they're going to start a blog for our dummy member.

Carrie - we used Circle of Friends because we needed something. I like it fine, I do enjoy a good pun but couldn't come up with any. I like the idea of circle because everyone matters and there is no top or bottom.

Yvonne, I meant how did you find this thread so fast?

Anyone got a good name for the dummy? I think we should load one of those cool smileys for her avatar.

Gotta look like I'm working for a while.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm back, pretty hectic here this morning. I thought of a bunch of stuff I forgot to answer earlier, but I must be in "Rachel" mode it all slipped away. We all know you you can't be as spacey as you claim.

Lesley, how many house guests do you have? Are they helping? I don't really know what they mean by posting to the blog either. Gotta check that out. I think they're going to start a blog for our dummy member.

Carrie - we used Circle of Friends because we needed something. I like it fine, I do enjoy a good pun but couldn't come up with any. I like the idea of circle because everyone matters and there is no top or bottom.

Yvonne, I meant how did you find this thread so fast?

Anyone got a good name for the dummy? I think we should load one of those cool smileys for her avatar.

Gotta look like I'm working for a while.

Well, I logged in and seen Leesa screen name on a strange looking new post so opened it to check it out. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

thanks Leesa, wonder if it is out in stores anywheres yet???

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
No, I haven't gotten my Olive Fingers layout finished yet. I added a couple things and I didn't really like what I added. I haven't been able to finish it yet because Noah's been sick. I'm hoping to get back to working on it this weekend.

Ok ladies, I have to run to the grocery store to get a list of things the nurse told me to get for Noah. He is on a bland diet, I need to give him baking soda baths for his raw butt and some pedialyte to keep him hydrated. I'll be back a little late! I will also be updating the first sheet with our 'new' members!!!!

Also, since this is innvite only I was thinking about who we whould invite next. Do any of you have anyone you want to invite? I was thinking we all could talk about it first.

oh poor little guy, it sure seems like he is having a hard time lately. Hope he feels better quickly.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

My favorite paper brand has to be DCWV. Most stacks I'll buy the 8x8s ones, too.

I think it's the price since I can normally find these for 40% to 50% off regularly and find them even cheaper on clearance. They're carried by M's, ACM's, HL and Joann's, so they're very available.

Dang, just noticed their "Sweet" Stack and I want it but have myself on no paper buying freeze/fast.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

thanks Viv, I like the Butterflies and blossoms stack, HL here just got them in and I wanted the 8x8 stack, but they didn't have that one. Not even sold out, lady told me they didn't get that one. Now come on, why would you order the 12x12 and 4x6 stacks and not the 8x8?? Weird

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

I think the 8x8 work great for my 11x8.5 or 8.5x11 layouts when I can't get the 12x12 pages to work.

But it's availability that works for me. Joann's offers free shipping now and them for orders over $25 or $35. So I'd wait until they have the DCWV papers for 50% off and get free shipping. That's cheaper than driving there, plus no temptation to check out the clearances.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

I'm so sorry to hear that Noah is sick again Leesa, nothing too bad I hope?

Have you actually got the Urban Prairie line of BG, I love it and am waiting on an email from SB.C to notify me it's in, you can't even get the Eva & Ambrosia lines in Australia yet.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

My favorite paper brand has to be DCWV. Most stacks I'll buy the 8x8s ones, too.

I think it's the price since I can normally find these for 40% to 50% off regularly and find them even cheaper on clearance. They're carried by M's, ACM's, HL and Joann's, so they're very available.

Dang, just noticed their "Sweet" Stack and I want it but have myself on no paper buying freeze/fast.

Hi Viv, was watching that DCWV demonstrated on the QVC channel the other day (on my computer of course), and they had the glitter pads on there, they were quite reasonably priced but would be way to heavy to have posted, but it was nice to see them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

My favourite paper is most certainly anything Basic Grey

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

Shipping is a real killer, especially going out of the USA.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Marlene, I have 4 that have come up from Hobart and 6 coming tomorrow for lunch then to watch the Grand Final of Footy and that will continue into dinner and an oooooo sooooo late night.

Went to dinner at the Golf Club tonight and will be there again at 7.30am in morning for breakfast. The guys will stay on to play golf and ladies will come home to finish off the cooking (I'm making the dips then and Viv's Monkey Bread), then it is a bbq lunch around 1pm, footy starts 1.30 pre game entertainment. Looking forward to the footy and will miss it as the season doesn't start again until Easter next year.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

my fave is probably DCWV, just about anything they make is spectacular, i just got the alphabet stack w/ glitter (12x12), and i LOVE it, would highly recommend it to everyone b/c there are so many other things you can do with it besides the alphabet theme.

there are some others, yvonne im going to send you a pm with a link

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

I have a question, on my layout third grade, there is a lot of glitter on the colored squares, but no glitter on the black squares. Anyways, how do you all adhere things to the glitter papers??????

I had to put adhesive on the black unglittered squares.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

I got my dd's pix copied over to my external hard drive while I was at her place Monday. I've been renaming the files and copying them over my folders. Renaming them to year, month, day and time (080926-1036.jpg). Did a whole bunch before I realized that most are wrong. Her camera is set like 12 hours behind.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I have a question, on my layout third grade, there is a lot of glitter on the colored squares, but no glitter on the black squares. Anyways, how do you all adhere things to the glitter papers??????

I had to put adhesive on the black unglittered squares.

I find either Glue Dots or liquid stuff will work better on the pre-glittered papers, especially the solid glitter papers.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I got my dd's pix copied over to my external hard drive while I was at her place Monday. I've been renaming the files and copying them over my folders. Renaming them to year, month, day and time (080926-1036.jpg). Did a whole bunch before I realized that most are wrong. Her camera is set like 12 hours behind.

oh shoot

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Rachel, I love your blog. Really cool looking.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

I'm seriously thinking she did it on purpose knowing my brain's wiring. No, she probably doesn't even realize it since she's got images all in the wrong places.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

LOL sounds like me, I have stuff all over the place. I seriously need to hire someone to come in and organize everything in my house.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

I saw the paper back at M's, but that is all. Maybe a lss?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

oh poor little guy, it sure seems like he is having a hard time lately. Hope he feels better quickly.

He sure has! Teething has been bothering him for awhile, then he had 2 colds and now this. Poor baby.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

hmm, m's around here doesn't carry any bg papers.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

They just got them in. It was only the Granola and Urban Prairie. I was SHOCKED! You should go and look closer and maybe ask someone. I just saw it a few days ago.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Rachel, I love your blog. Really cool looking.

aaaww, thanks for looking at it yvonne! its a work in progress, editing those stupid html codes is driving me MAD, but i'll eventually get it the way i want, but thanks again, i appreciate it!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Good morning Leesa, Rachel and Yvonne. Leesa so far as I'm concerned there was no choice to make, I want to make (& Keep) friends and have fun as well as having my work critiqued and you & Marlene have done a great job.

Did you ever get that scallop edge LO finished with the additions? that sort of came up at 'that' time with the thread and I didn't see it again.

hi lesley, i'm good...trying to clean today, but its like a never ending effort with these 2 toddlers! they are like little tornadoes going through my house! oh well, at least i dont sweat the small stuff anymore, toys are easy to clean, its when they get their paws on crayons and make murals on my walls that still makes me crazy
trying to finish a lo today, hopefully will post soon
how are things with you? are you feeling any better?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

I asked TriciaH about the new lines and she told me that bg will be shipping them out on Oct. 15.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I asked TriciaH about the new lines and she told me that bg will be shipping them out on Oct. 15.

Is that the BG Urban Prairie? Don't think I can hang out that long.....if it is what you mean.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

Dang Rachel! Your blog is awesome!!! I don't believe that you are new to this. Did you have someone help you?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

I asked her about all the new lines and she said that it is all suppose to be shipped on oct. 15.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • slywalker Said:

hi lesley, i'm good...trying to clean today, but its like a never ending effort with these 2 toddlers! they are like little tornadoes going through my house! oh well, at least i dont sweat the small stuff anymore, toys are easy to clean, its when they get their paws on crayons and make murals on my walls that still makes me crazy
trying to finish a lo today, hopefully will post soon
how are things with you? are you feeling any better?

Yep, thanks for asking Rachel, getting better each day don't know what is going on to make me feel the way I do at the moment and hope I snap out of it real soon....don't suppose it would have anything to do with me being up at this time or morning 1.48am on the computer do you better off to bed and try not to wake dh, as we have house guests and I have to be up at 6.45am he wouldn't be too happy, he knows I will be soooo tired by tomorrow night...have a good day all

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Has anyone thought of a challenge yet?? LOL

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Not until October. I know this because I have the collection pack ordered. That is my favorite line, too.

As far as colors...pink and brown baby. Pink and brown.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am bored, I want something fun to work on. LOL

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Has anyone thought of a challenge yet?? LOL

I have some ideas, and have had some for a while. Are we supposed to list them?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I will try and upload the redo of my third grade lo so you can all see the changes I made.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hey Yvonne!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi Carrie

I just love your avi pic, he looks so sweet.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Yes, I have thought of a challenge. I'd figure that I'd go first and then we can work our way down the list of people on the first post. So that means Marlene would be next. If it comes to your turn and you wish to not do it, just PM me and I will fill in.

Does this sound good to you ladies?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

sounds great to me.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

Hi Viv, was watching that DCWV demonstrated on the QVC channel the other day (on my computer of course), and they had the glitter pads on there, they were quite reasonably priced but would be way to heavy to have posted, but it was nice to see them.

Lesley, I saw that one too! If you want them, I can get them for you. The price they were offering was outrageous. I was shocked! I was telling my Mom I got that stack an JoAnn at 50% off and only paid between $9 and $12. I can't remember exactly, but it was half price. If you want it, let me know.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Not until October. I know this because I have the collection pack ordered. That is my favorite line, too.

I promise you ladies! the BG Urban Prairie and Granola are in Michaels. Seriously, check it out! All they had were the 12x12 paper packs that I could find though.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I want to go shopping again I thought of something I want to do but I need to shop in order to do them.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi Marlene, I have 4 that have come up from Hobart and 6 coming tomorrow for lunch then to watch the Grand Final of Footy and that will continue into dinner and an oooooo sooooo late night.

Went to dinner at the Golf Club tonight and will be there again at 7.30am in morning for breakfast. The guys will stay on to play golf and ladies will come home to finish off the cooking (I'm making the dips then and Viv's Monkey Bread), then it is a bbq lunch around 1pm, footy starts 1.30 pre game entertainment. Looking forward to the footy and will miss it as the season doesn't start again until Easter next year.

When is Easter for you Lesley?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I promise you ladies! the BG Urban Prairie and Granola are in Michaels. Seriously, check it out! All they had were the 12x12 paper packs that I could find though.

I was there on Wednesday. M's here doesn't carry any bg, and they only have a few of the dcwv packs too. Not a very good M's. Just like the Studio G $1 stamps, they hardly ever have them. The one sales lady told me they just don't sell around here, so they don't order them.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Y&R is on

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

Oh man, Sid the Science Kid is over, and here come my boys! They always know right where to find me. Drew just said to me, "Mommy, you're a Wacky Wack!" I wonder where he got that from?

Anyway, I will be back later. We have some errands to run right now. And just when I catch you online Yvonne!

Oh, and I don't think I can keep up with 2 threads as far as GRC goes. I really liked GRC and the way it used to be. But the way things were going, with our requests for information being ignored, and the obvious lack of understanding of how we were all feeling by more than one member just did if for me. I am much happier here with all of you knowing we are all on the same level, and that no demands will be made. I like the openness here, and I just love you all!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Oh my goodness! Seriously Leesa? I just added another errand to my trip. I have to get the hell out of here right now! No make-up needed man, because I have a coupon!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

I feel the same way Carrie, I love it here. It is wonderful, I am feeling all warm and fuzzy again. I will be online most of the day. I want to scrap, but don't feel like doing my dd's school pics. Too boring LOL

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Oh, and I'll change my signature later today. I'm going to copy you Lesley. I think that is the cutest signature ever!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Oh my goodness! Seriously Leesa? I just added another errand to my trip. I have to get the hell out of here right now! No make-up needed man, because I have a coupon!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to rachelk

My favorite paper is Basic Grey , Cosmo Cricket a close second and I really want the K & Company Blue Awning collection then... you had to get me started.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm going to be sending a PM about someone I would like to invite. Let me know what you think.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OMG! Marlene, Leesa and Yvonne are all online and I have to go. What a pisser. Just when I catch the East Coast Crew in action!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OK, now I really have to go. My boys are bored to tears, so now to really make them happy, I am seriously going to Michael's right now! That was such a joke!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Meak72...OOOUUUUUUTTTTT!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Leesa, does Noah have a rash? Both of my kids were/are gingers - red heads with fair complexions - and were prone to rashes. When they had chickenpox I gave them baths in some Oatmeal stuff (I forget the name, but it's sold in stores with rash cures) and it seemed to really help.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Oh wait, Leesa, I am so sorry Noah is sick again. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. He's at that age, and the season for the sickies is here.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
My favorite paper is Basic Grey , Cosmo Cricket a close second and I really want the K & Company Blue Awning collection then... you had to get me started.

Sorry, after getting into this group yesterday, I got to thinking, which sometimes isn't a good thing, I thought of something I wanted to do and I need some info

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Leesa, does Noah have a rash? Both of my kids were/are gingers - red heads with fair complexions - and were prone to rashes. When they had chickenpox I gave them baths in some Oatmeal stuff (I forget the name, but it's sold in stores with rash cures) and it seemed to really help.

Yes, he has a VERY bad rash right now. The nurse told me to give him 3 baking soda baths a day. I'm hoping that helps.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OMG! Marlene, Leesa and Yvonne are all online and I have to go. What a pisser. Just when I catch the East Coast Crew in action!

I was getting bored again and thinking of getting out the smileys, but now I am not bored.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Do any of you want the Granola or Urban Prairie pack? I can get it and you can pay me back... I am going to M's either today or tomorrow to get myself an Urban Prairie pack because I have a 50% off coupon.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Circle of Friends needs a good avitar! Do any of you have any that you'd like to share with us than we can put it up to a vote. Yay or nay?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

When my ds was a baby, he would get diaper rash very badly. There is an ointment that someone told me to use. I swear it works wonders. People use it on cows when they get sore from milking or feeding calves. It smells, but heck it worked. Drs have even suggested it.

I will get the name and post it in a bit.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

ok, it is called bag balm. You can get it at pharmacies and walmart. I swear if my ds got a little red, I applied a tiny bit and it was gone right away.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

OH, Leesa, I want the Prairie Pack. I want both but will take that one for now. Do you need another coupon, I have one in my email??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Circle of Friends needs a good avitar! Do any of you have any that you'd like to share with us than we can put it up to a vote. Yay or nay?

hmm, not sure. I like the but don't think you can put that in there.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, it is called bag balm. You can get it at pharmacies and walmart. I swear if my ds got a little red, I applied a tiny bit and it was gone right away.

Isn't that the stuff that comes in the Green square tin can?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

yep

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
OH, Leesa, I want the Prairie Pack. I want both but will take that one for now. Do you need another coupon, I have one in my email??

Ok, I will go later on today and I have an email with a 50% off coupon. I'll just print off a couple. I can go tonight and tomorrow. Heck, I can even have DH used a coupon too. lol I hope they still have them. I'll let you know how much it is.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I have even used it on rashes from a cheap belt I have. The metal buckle makes a rash on my stomach sometimes.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Yeah, I don't think you can put either...

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

my ds would get the diarrhea and it would make blisters on his bottom and they would burst and be raw, the stuff made it heal and go away fast.

Page 2 of 115 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics