Page 5 of 115 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Here is a page I just finished. Do I get to post the first one? Yippeee, I love being first. This is my very first heritage page - I have very few appropriate photos although I guess to some of you my childhood photos would look heritage to you. I changed this so many times that I don't know if I could move anything, should I add something? What do you think?

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Whoa. I just absolutely love this one. The colors you used and distressing you did are just amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

My one and only suggestion is to take off the bow. Instead, I am wondering about a layered flower of some sort. It looks like you hand cut the flowered/scalloped mat behind the photo. Would you want to hand cut some flowers or scallops, or both, and layer them in place of the bow?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
hey, what color are your circle of friends critique group words in your siggy??

MAGENTA! I went in and changed the color. I just deleted where it said purple and put in magenta. Isn't it super cool?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Sorry if I don't respond quickly enough. I am trying to watch the presidential debate.

I watched it too, Leesa. I think my vote has been decided. I was really impressed with McCain, especially how he kept reitterating (sp) how Obama, "Just doesn't understand." I think he may be right about that.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Viv asked me if I taught a class, at her Sanctuary, what would I teach. I've been thinking about that and my answer is design and balance. Balance is my thing lately so I'm going with that - just don't ask me to name a dog.

What would the rest of you teach?

OK, Sanctuary. What did I miss here?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Hey Viv! What are you up to tonight?

I let Bradley stay up until 10 tonight. Now I'm watching "Under the Tuscan Sun"

I think I will watch that again this weekend, too. I can't wait for my day when ladybugs are crawling on me!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
hey, what color are your circle of friends critique group words in your siggy??

MAGENTA! I went in and changed the color. I just deleted where it said purple and put in magenta. Isn't it super cool?

ok thanks, I put in hot pink and got grey. LOL

I have to go goodnight

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

Night Yvonne!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Looks like I am here by myself tonight. I'm not tired yet since I took a nap when the boys did. They slept THREE hours! It was such Heaven. I need a 3 hour nap every day. But then again, if I went to bed at a decent hour, I wouldn't need a nap at all. I was up until 2 AM last night acting like I don't have to get up and take care of kids in the morning or something!

Good night everyone.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
Here is my Trick or Treat page that I improved because of suggestions. Viv was right about shiney letters. I used Aleen's Paper Glaze. I put a little journaling tag at the bottom and I added some of the fiber to the journaling tag and hid it behind the Pig Latin photo so some of the fiber is on the top too. There was a suggestion about using brighter paper for the background and actually I wanted to use a Halloweeny green but didn't have any and can't buy it here that's why I came up with the idea to paint. There is no way I can change this anymore so critique is welcome but it'll be for future reference.

Trick or Treat
By Scrap4brains

marlene, left you some luv {my 1st EVER COF comment!} b/c i think you did an outstanding job on this lo. i still cant believe the borders of the pics are painted, it looks perfect, i thought at first glance they were rub ons! PAINT ON GIRLFRIEND!
i kind of liked the borders the way they were before, but this way works too, just wanted to say....

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
Here is a page I just finished. Do I get to post the first one? Yippeee, I love being first. This is my very first heritage page - I have very few appropriate photos although I guess to some of you my childhood photos would look heritage to you. I changed this so many times that I don't know if I could move anything, should I add something? What do you think?

Damron
By Scrap4brains

marlene~ girl this is GORGEOUS! seriously beautiful distressing job here! the lo is awesome and perfect, the only thing i might add (just for a bit more definition/contrast) is some deep blue or brown chalk around the outside of the big circle....if you want to try, let me know and i'll tell you more details, but if you want to keep it as is, its beautiful too!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Damron
By Scrap4brains

I was wondering if you would link the products you used in your layout?

oh yeah, that reminded me, i was wondering why you didnt post the products that you used in the lo? there are lots of good reasons to do it, i wanted to share something with all of you, but i will do it in a seperate post

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

ok, so about my fun news...do you all review products for sb.com ? i dont think you even have to purchase them from here, just review them.
anyway, i just won my 2nd $10 gift certificate for reviewing! it might not sound that exciting to all of you, but hey, i never win ANYTHING, so i was super excited!
also, when you post the products you used on the lo, the lo goes right under the product in the superstore, which is also exciting for me, i was looking at the Pebbles chalks the other day to see how much they were, and all 3 of the lo's featured underneath the product were mine, i was sooooo excited, i felt famous for a second.
im not really a dork, i swear!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

VIV! i was just reading your profile, and under work you put: compulsive crafter, thats one of the funniest things ever, you crack me up!
it sure is a full time job being that crafty!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
ok, so about my fun news...do you all review products for sb.com ? i dont think you even have to purchase them from here, just review them.
anyway, i just won my 2nd $10 gift certificate for reviewing! it might not sound that exciting to all of you, but hey, i never win ANYTHING, so i was super excited!
also, when you post the products you used on the lo, the lo goes right under the product in the superstore, which is also exciting for me, i was looking at the Pebbles chalks the other day to see how much they were, and all 3 of the lo's featured underneath the product were mine, i was sooooo excited, i felt famous for a second.

Hi Rachel, I'm just being a tad naughty and peeking in to see whats going on, really missed not being on all day but still have visitors here, we are all too full to eat dinner and I have just snuck in here to say hi to everyone, I may get to update later tonight but not for a few hours until they go to bed.

Had a bad night last night, after going to bed late we were woken at 2a.m. by our security alarm going off, couldn't turn the darn thing off and don't know why it was happening, dh got the ladder of the side of the boat (because it was closest) and put it against the wall to get up to the security box which houses all the (stuff!! I don't know exactly what), and guess what happened...oops bang....through the plaster in the wall along the main hallway heading to the front door, all I needed at that time or morning so didn't get much sleep after that.

He only had to go into cupboard at bottom of stairs right beside it for the step ladder, but I must admit he was half asleep, and not to mention our visitors sleeping downstairs where it went off....oops.

We had the dips that Viv and Marlene gave me recipes for and the Monkey Bread from Viv, boy was that a hit, think we all ate too much of it though.

Cheers, maybe catch everyone later.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Hi Rachel, I'm just being a tad naughty and peeking in to see whats going on, really missed not being on all day but still have visitors here, we are all too full to eat dinner and I have just snuck in here to say hi to everyone, I may get to update later tonight but not for a few hours until they go to bed.

Had a bad night last night, after going to bed late we were woken at 2a.m. by our security alarm going off, couldn't turn the darn thing off and don't know why it was happening, dh got the ladder of the side of the boat (because it was closest) and put it against the wall to get up to the security box which houses all the (stuff!! I don't know exactly what), and guess what happened...oops bang....through the plaster in the wall along the main hallway heading to the front door, all I needed at that time or morning so didn't get much sleep after that.

He only had to go into cupboard at bottom of stairs right beside it for the step ladder, but I must admit he was half asleep, and not to mention our visitors sleeping downstairs where it went off....oops.

We had the dips that Viv and Marlene gave me recipes for and the Monkey Bread from Viv, boy was that a hit, think we all ate too much of it though.

hi lesley! OMG those alarms can be sooo frustrating! my parents had to turn the service off on theirs b/c the darn thing kept going off by accident, and it was SO loud, that when i heard it i thought my eardrums were permanentely damaged. also, in FL, at least in our county, you get a fine for the alarm being set off by accident b/c the police get dispatched to your home. i guess it was happening a lot!
sorry about the damage, i hope its not too bad, and it least no one was trying to break in, so it could be worse....
glad you checked in, and glad you're having a good time with your friends! enjoy!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

Marlene I use one of those triangle soft make up sponger to ink in and around lettering. If you put the ink in the middle of it you can sort of pull it through and it leaves the ink behind, just cut a narrow piece off it...does that make sense?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Love the first page, nice job. You'll have to give me lessons on how to do all that blogging stuff. Night.

Me to please, where is the COF blog?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Well, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then go to bed. Night ladies!

I am sooooooooo excited about our new group!!! I really want this to be a group for all of us and we all get to vote on how its run.

me too, cant wait to GET BUSY, were gonna rack up the pages girls!

Hi Rachel, yea !! won't that be fun

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

OMG Yvonne, I just can't imagine that ooooh.

I'm going through the thread trying to catch up, so yes I'm thread jacking already...lol...and hopefully I won't answer any twice but pls excuse me if I do.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Hi Marlene, I have 4 that have come up from Hobart and 6 coming tomorrow for lunch then to watch the Grand Final of Footy and that will continue into dinner and an oooooo sooooo late night.

Easter Sunday is the date of the annual celebration of Christ's resurrection. The aim of the Easter Dating Method is to maintain, for each Easter Sunday, the same season of the year and the same relationship to the preceding astronomical full moon that occurred at the time of his resurrection in 30 A.D.

Easter Sunday, from 326 A.D., is always one of the 35 dates March 22 to April 25.

Sorry Carrie...big explanation but best way to explain, probably the last paragraph says it all.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
HEY TESA!!!!! I'm so glad you've joined us!!!!

Thanks! Glad you put up with me!

Hi Tesa, so glad your here

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Fall/Halloween sounds fun. I just did a Halloween one but have lots more pictures.

I love that Granola collection.

Well, I got home and was voted down. FINALLY everyone agrees on Betty. I think it suits her.

I'm trying to do something with grungeboard besides just look at it and scratch my head.

Hi marlene how's things? looking forward to your weekend I'll bet, it's been a busy week for you and Leesa with work and everything.

That Grunge looks good by simply running your ink pad down it so the raised areas only pick up the colour.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Well, I signed off from the GRC. It's too bad it turned out the way it did.

I love that sigi as well, I can remember when we used it before when someone was down and remembered it, really love it now.

Yep...it is too bad, but what a great thread has grown from it in this one.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Looks like I am here by myself tonight. I'm not tired yet since I took a nap when the boys did. They slept THREE hours! It was such Heaven. I need a 3 hour nap every day. But then again, if I went to bed at a decent hour, I wouldn't need a nap at all. I was up until 2 AM last night acting like I don't have to get up and take care of kids in the morning or something!

Good night everyone.

Glad I'm not the only silly one Carrie. I was up until around that time this morning working on the computer after my visitors went to bed, no wonder I feel so darn tired now after cooking and entertaining all day, and my broken sleep because of the house alarm, think I only had 4 hours all told, so won't be long before I head off for the night.

My visitors have gone to bed and I just wanted to catch up with everyone.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Sorry if I don't respond quickly enough. I am trying to watch the presidential debate.

I watched it too, Leesa. I think my vote has been decided. I was really impressed with McCain, especially how he kept reitterating (sp) how Obama, "Just doesn't understand." I think he may be right about that.

I fully agree with you!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well the Footy final was one of the closest in years which makes for a great game.
We all put in $8 each and there are 4 quarters in a game. So we pick what we think the points margin will be at the end of each of those quarters and the winner of each quarter gets $16.

Anyway, I won the final one so I won $16 for my $8 investment..hheeee (not a gambler but this was fun).

Had way too much to eat and have a rotten headache now but think that is only because I am so tired, look forward to getting home back to normal tomorrow, can't believe the mess the kitchen gets in when everyone is 'helping'.

My team wasn't in the final but I wanted the undergogs to win, always do because I feel sorry for them in any sport, and they did so was very happy about that.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene love the changes you made but I liked it before anyway, did you enter it in the 'Borders Challenge'?

Left love on the heritage LO as well, I really like all of it, can't think of anything to suggest, did like the suggestion of dk blue chalk though, I am seriously going to have a go at a lot more chalking I think.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

happy saturday everyone!

i made some changes to my blog, if any of you can pop over and check it out i would appreciate any critique on that! i havent fixed the font size yet, but i did fix the general layout, so it might be easier to read. let me know

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Congratulations!!! That is exciting! I won a $10 gc from here too for reviewing a product. You girls really should try to see if you can win too! It has to be so many words, but that is about the only thing.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

http://media.photobucket.com/image/scrapbooking/mn melf/...

Just wanted to try this, playing around a bit.

Where do you log in to Circle of Friends Blog? I noticed earlier in the thread where the login was circle of friends and p/w was also given is that the same thing?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

OK. so that didn't work like I thought it would, will try again later.

For someone who hasn't been around for a while I think I just did a pretty good job of thread jacking...tehe (love that Leesa)...cheers

Edited by slywalker on 09-27-08 05:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/scrapbooking/mn melf/...

Just wanted to try this, playing around a bit.

Where do you log in to Circle of Friends Blog? I noticed earlier in the thread where the login was circle of friends and p/w was also given is that the same thing?

You go to Circle of Friend's Profile like you would just click on my profile. Then look to the right and the 2nd thing down says Blog. That is where you can find our challenges. You don't have to log out of your name, you can just go to it. Does this help?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Viv asked me if I taught a class, at her Sanctuary, what would I teach. I've been thinking about that and my answer is design and balance. Balance is my thing lately so I'm going with that - just don't ask me to name a dog.

Viv has pictures in her gallery of her Sanctuary. From what I understand she will be holding classes and crops in her awesome space! She asked us what we would teach if we were to teach a class at her place.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK, I'm back. I just logged in as COF and accepted my own friend request. That was weird!

Shouldn't everyone be their own friend?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

Edited by Amigosa on 09-27-08 05:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Good Morning!

Thanks for the input on my layout. Distressing is so much fun - what else can you do to intentionally mess something up to look good. The bow, I have an idea for that thanks for the suggestion. I did ink the scalloped circle but couldn't really get the edges, Rachel you're right chalk.

I think I said somewhere that all of the papers are Close To My Heart. I used 4 different ink pads, 3 of them are Ranger distress. I just love the Weathered Wood (blue) one.

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-27-08 05:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - sounds like you're have a good time even if it's tiring. Glad you liked the dip, I love it. We could have a blog for recipes.

Too bad about the alarm/excitement in the middle of the night. Look at it this way no one will want to stay on an extra day.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

"Scrapbooking Sanctuary" is what I'm calling my place. Or just Sanctuary for short. Because that's what it is to me and hopefully to others, too.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, good morning! Trying to catch up while dh plays with Bradley.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

I think I will watch that again this weekend, too. I can't wait for my day when ladybugs are crawling on me!

That metaphor was really cool. Just quit searching and wait? So simple and yet... so difficult at times, most times.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Rachel - I've won a $10 gift certificate. I think it was for a review of the Pebbles Earth Tones.

Leesa - that album is so cute. Hope you have time to work on your new page. I have a couple started myself.

Tesa - yes, we call it hitting the slopes for skiing. In my younger and more fit years I used to do a lot of cross country skiing. Mostly because of the terrain around my house I switched to snowshoes. I can walk out my backdoor and strap them on and tromp around for hours. It's hard to do with a dog, they always want to walk on the back of the shoe. OOOPS! Last year we got enough snow, but the 2 before that there wasn't.

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-27-08 05:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

It's always great to win. I need to write more reviews. Only done 8 so far. I've won one. They also give GCs for linking adhesives to your gallery images. So remember to link every type of adhesive you use from Glue Dots to whatever.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - sounds like you're have a good time even if it's tiring. Glad you liked the dip, I love it. We could have a blog for recipes.

Too bad about the alarm/excitement in the middle of the night. Look at it this way no one will want to stay on an extra day.

YES!!! Let's have a blog for recipes. I will get working on that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Morning Viv. That's why you always put the
ATG. I'll do the same. You are just a fountain of information.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
VIV! i was just reading your profile, and under work you put: compulsive crafter, thats one of the funniest things ever, you crack me up!
it sure is a full time job being that crafty!

I got tired of listing out candelmaking, beading, crocheting, cooking, cake decorating, scrapping, etc. Plus I've got an even longer list of crafts I want to try/learn.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • rachelk Said:

I am so relieved that everyone enjoyed the Monkey Bread.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Morning Viv. That's why you always put the
ATG. I'll do the same. You are just a fountain of information.

Yep. Always!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

It's Leesa... I'm just doing a little work.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Good night everyone.

Glad I'm not the only silly one Carrie. I was up until around that time this morning working on the computer after my visitors went to bed, no wonder I feel so darn tired now after cooking and entertaining all day, and my broken sleep because of the house alarm, think I only had 4 hours all told, so won't be long before I head off for the night.

You do realize that THIS is how addictions start?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

That metaphor was really cool. Just quit searching and wait? So simple and yet... so difficult at times, most times.

Waiting is very hard to do. I was pretty good at waiting tables in my college days but I don't like to wait for anything else.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
OK. so that didn't work like I thought it would, will try again later.

For someone who hasn't been around for a while I think I just did a pretty good job of thread jacking...tehe (love that Leesa)...cheers

You did an excellent job of threadjacking!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

• slywalker Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Good night everyone.

You do realize that THIS is how addictions start?

hahaha

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Last night's Sweet Potato Custard was a flop. Only Bradley liked it. It tastes alot like baby food with a very strong banana flavor to it. Maybe if I do the recipe again, I'll cut back or entirely omit the banana.

This morning I made sweet potato pancakes. Much, much better!

This is what happens when I purchase a bushel of something. I try out odd recipes with the ingredient. Normally we just use up the sweet potatoes like regular white potatoes. Bake, fry, and mash but this time I wanted to expand the menu.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Circle of Friends

Ok, so I added a blog for recipes. If you guys want to add the recipe to the blog, you are more than welcome to do that. If you want to just stay logged in as yourself you can post a link in reply to the blog and I'll add them to the main blog post. Make sense? lol

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I like to bake sweet pototoes, skin them, cut into chunks, drop small pieces of butter then drizzle with maple syrup. While they're still hot.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:

Waiting is very hard to do. I was pretty good at waiting tables in my college days but I don't like to wait for anything else.

I was an excellent waitress in my younger days. Even now, eating out with a crowd, I can tell the server who ordered what at my table. But you know this is a totally different type of waiting than the just being still kind. Waiting tables goes really fast while the being still is ... just against most of our natures.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Do you mind if I say another thing about my new layout? If you do, you can skip this. There were a couple of comments about my handwriting. I used a calligraphy pen and racked my brains to remember the old handwriting books we had to do when I was learning cursive. I thought it would fit the time frame and I liked the way it turned out.

Lesley and I are probably the only ones who had to practice penmanship.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

So what do you ladies have planned for the weekend? I have to go grocery shopping today. Yuck! I'm not too sure about tomorrow. HOpefully just relaxing and spending some quality time with Matt and Noah.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The biggest hit with sweet potatoes in my home has been doing them "home style" way. I'd use butter and sliced onions, sauteed until onions were about half way cooked, then add sliced or shredded sweet potatoes. Cook until all are done and caramelized some. No added sugar is needed. We fight over the crispier pieces.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I changed my siggie. Thanks for the tip Carrie.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Do you mind if I say another thing about my new layout? If you do, you can skip this. There were a couple of comments about my handwriting. I used a calligraphy pen and racked my brains to remember the old handwriting books we had to do when I was learning cursive. I thought it would fit the time frame and I liked the way it turned out.

I really thought your handwriting was a great touch!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

No big plans here. Just the usual but with Bradley here. Need to go to library before it closes in 2 hours. Pot Luck lunch at church tomorrow. Making my Chicken Curry and Rice. Then taking Bradley back to his home. He's not gonna like that but I've got a full week of taking my mother to various doctors coming up.

Baby brother has birthday tomorrow but he's working and there's no plans but I want to do something for him. Just no clue what?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

Last night's Sweet Potato Custard was a flop. Only Bradley liked it. It tastes alot like baby food with a very strong banana flavor to it. Maybe if I do the recipe again, I'll cut back or entirely omit the banana.

This is what happens when I purchase a bushel of something. I try out odd recipes with the ingredient. Normally we just use up the sweet potatoes like regular white potatoes. Bake, fry, and mash but this time I wanted to expand the menu.

OMG i love sweet potatoes, just about any way, but (i know its not homemade) Honey Baked Ham makes the most incredible sweet potato cobbler i have ever had in my life, its like mashed sweet potatoes with streusel and toasted pecans, YUUUUMMY!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I think we're going to drive up to Lake Superior and see how Betty likes the water. Which is kind of silly she is a Lab. She already will bring a ball back to you. That instinct is so strong.

I'm trying to tear myself away from here to take a shower and get the day started.

If we all could physically be together, we'd have messy houses, the family'd be starving (while we talk about recipes and we'd be in our pajamas all day.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Thanksgiving 2006

Just showing off the home-style sweet potatoes. They're in the center of the upper left photo.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
I think we're going to drive up to Lake Superior and see how Betty likes the water. Which is kind of silly she is a Lab. She already will bring a ball back to you. That instinct is so strong.

I'm trying to tear myself away from here to take a shower and get the day started.

If we all could physically be together, we'd have messy houses, the family'd be starving (while we talk about recipes and we'd be in our pajamas all day.

lol- so true! Have fun at the lake!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

OMG i love sweet potatoes, just about any way, but (i know its not homemade) Honey Baked Ham makes the most incredible sweet potato cobbler i have ever had in my life, its like mashed sweet potatoes with streusel and toasted pecans, YUUUUMMY!

Oh, that does sound really good! Maybe I can find something on the web and make some to take to church tomorrow.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:

I like this image, ALOT! Everyone in my family can afford to starve some!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Oh Rachel- your blog is looking GREAT! I really do like the changes you made.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Be back later with some photos for our first challenge. CYL.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

I've won once for that too Rachel, and on my very first time reviewing! Isn't it just so fun to win stuff?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

OK Girls, I am off to Dream Dinners! I'll catch up when I get home.

By the way, I lost a pound this week. WOOT!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 09-27-08 07:41 AM
In response to Meak72

Hi fair ladies!
Been wiped out all day, slowly coming to my senses again to find like 13 pages of posts. I'll check backwards but thought I'd just say hi first. I'm off to check out what Leesa might been up to when comes to challenges!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to TesaB

This is Vivian. I added a new blog to CoF. We use something similar for the VCW weekly threads. I set it up for October since we're so close to the end of this month but we can start using it now to post latest happenings like toots, illnesses, plans, etc. This way, Tesa, and others that can't be here as often will be able to catch up quickly from just reading the blog.

I also added Marlene's two latest layouts to the faves of CoF.

Update Blog

Favorites of CoF

If can keep these two things going, no more searching through pages and pages of this thread. What do ya think?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Back to being me.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm baaaack! We decided to stick around the house today. Silly me, I forgot the football game. The whole family has a day off tomorrow so it'll be better to wait.

I'll check out the blog to see if I understand what you mean.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I added my personal update to the blog. I hope that makes it easier to understand. It can be anything from "nothing new today for me" to entire rants or just what's on our schedule for the day or week.

What we don't do is respond to anything in the posts there. We either respond here in the thread to things posted there OR in PMs or Public Comments of the poster. This way, I'll use you, Tesa, as an example, will be sure to get our messages while she's traveling.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

If this update blog thingie doesn't work for our group here, I can delete it. This was what I was suggesting for GRC to make it easier on those that can't keep up with a fast paced thread.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Did I scare everyone away?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• Circle of Friends Said:
This is Vivian. I added a new blog to CoF. We use something similar for the VCW weekly threads. I set it up for October since we're so close to the end of this month but we can start using it now to post latest happenings like toots, illnesses, plans, etc. This way, Tesa, and others that can't be here as often will be able to catch up quickly from just reading the blog.

Update Blog

Favorites of CoF

If can keep these two things going, no more searching through pages and pages of this thread. What do ya think?

Oh my goodness Viv- You ROCK!!! I would LOVE if you would be able to keep these up! I can help you also. I definitely love this idea because there are times that I can't read through 10-20 pages when something comes up.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Here is my Trick or Treat page that I improved because of suggestions. Viv was right about shiney letters. I used Aleen's Paper Glaze. I put a little journaling tag at the bottom and I added some of the fiber to the journaling tag and hid it behind the Pig Latin photo so some of the fiber is on the top too. There was a suggestion about using brighter paper for the background and actually I wanted to use a Halloweeny green but didn't have any and can't buy it here that's why I came up with the idea to paint. There is no way I can change this anymore so critique is welcome but it'll be for future reference.

Trick or Treat
By Scrap4brains

Marlene, I know that this has probably already been critiqued or whatever. I really like it, there isn't anything I would change. I love how you painted the edges of the pics, I am so scared to try something like that. I wish I could put that much stuff on a layout and make it look good.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Now about this layout, I don't know what I would change here either, it is gorgeous. The only thing that bothered me or drew my eye was the big ribbon, maybe make it smaller or put a large flower there instead. I don't know.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

I just saw yours and Marlene's updates. Sure, I'll keep up the blogs for updating info. But we all need to remember to add the layouts for critique to CoF's faves. Not sure what's the easiest way for that but at least this way, there's no hunting around the pages for layouts either.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I just saw yours and Marlene's updates. Sure, I'll keep up the blogs for updating info. But we all need to remember to add the layouts for critique to CoF's faves. Not sure what's the easiest way for that but at least this way, there's no hunting around the pages for layouts either.

I'm not sure everyone will understand how to do this. What if you and I work on making sure all of them are there? Do you think that would be good?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

congrats

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

I'm not sure everyone will understand how to do this. What if you and I work on making sure all of them are there? Do you think that would be good?

Sure thing. I bookmarked http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=blogs&am... in my web browser. This way I can just tell by the number if new comments were made to the update blog.

And I can log in as CoF to add new layouts for critiquing, if I don't see it in there already.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Thanks Viv- I'll try to keep it up too. I am LOVING the format of our new group. This is what I've been wanting!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Those of you who have a Big Lots near you....

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/4/tid...

This is very exciting!!!!!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

that is beautiful

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I added a blog for recipes. If you guys want to add the recipe to the blog, you are more than welcome to do that. If you want to just stay logged in as yourself you can post a link in reply to the blog and I'll add them to the main blog post. Make sense? lol

Is this in the cof blog??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

I had to practice penmanship too. I hated it. I remember we had to take home our tablets with the lines and dotted lines and practice our letters every night and then take it back to school the next day and show it to our teacher

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Is this in the cof blog??

Yes... everything to do with CoF will be in the CoF blog, gallery, etc.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Great idea Viv. I just tried to enter a photo and it wouldn't let me. This is Betty.

Betty
By Scrap4brains

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Great idea Viv. I just tried to enter a photo and it wouldn't let me. This is Betty.

Betty
By Scrap4brains

Oh my gosh, she is toooooooo cute!!!!! I miss my dogs being puppies!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK Girls, I am off to Dream Dinners! I'll catch up when I get home.

By the way, I lost a pound this week. WOOT!

congrats

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I didn't gain a pound this week

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Update Blog

Favorites of CoF

Neat idea Vivian, now if I can just remember to post there and check it LOL

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Betty
By Scrap4brains

Oh my gosh, she is toooooooo cute!!!!! I miss my dogs being puppies!

aaawwww! she is adorable marlene, i just love puppies

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Update Blog

Favorites of CoF

Neat idea Vivian, now if I can just remember to post there and check it LOL

We'll remind people. I will also post links on the first post too. I sure hope people remember to look at the first post because I'm doing a lot of work there. lol That will be the hub for our whole group!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

Betty
By Scrap4brains

OMG, she is so cute.

Page 5 of 115 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics