Page 6 of 115 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
I didn't gain a pound this week

congrats

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Ladies, I gained 18 lbs. Water lbs.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

that is beautiful

seeing this album got me thinking.

Edited by lilmrmaid on 09-27-08 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Great idea Viv. I just tried to enter a photo and it wouldn't let me. This is Betty.

Betty
By Scrap4brains

Betty is adorable.

Where did you try to post a photo? In the blog? Or gallery of CoF? PM me and I try to talk you thought the steps.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Ok ladies, if I post something somewheres wrong, please let me know, so I make sure I am doing everything right.

I am loving it so far. Great group.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

It's Leesa- I updated the first page. Will you ladies check it out and tell me what you think?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Nice additions to the OP, Leesa!!!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

that is beautiful

Thinking about what?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I like how you did that. Awesome.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Circle of Friends

Does anyone have any recipes they want to add?

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 09-27-08 09:04 AM

• scrap4brains Said:
I didn't gain a pound this week

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

No recipes, yet. We can do that in the gallery, too, so that there will be a photo of what it's supposed to look like.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• Circle of Friends Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

that is beautiful

Thinking about what?

I didn't really want to say too much about it, but remember the album I made for the GRC group.

Well here is what I bought last night on another site.

I was going to make an album of our CIRCLE OF FRIENDS. I was thinking of sending each person here a chipboard page from the album and having you each do a page about yourself. You could just use what ever papers you wanted, include a pic of yourself and your screenname and embellish it anyway you wanted. Kind of like a circle journal but no theme, just do it about yourself. And then send it back to me.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

It's water weight. Just gotta figure out why you're retaining it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

It's water weight. Just gotta figure out why you're retaining it.

I know, they have no clue why, I am taking 2 water pills yesterday and today trying to get rid of some of it.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 09-27-08 09:06 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

That sounds like a one sided circle journal! Like the idea, maybee, just maybe (on or two e???) we could be thinking of a real circle journal in the group???

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to TesaB

Good Afternoon ladies, I don't think I said that when I got online.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

I didn't really want to say too much about it, but remember the album I made for the GRC group.

I was going to make an album of our CIRCLE OF FRIENDS. I was thinking of sending each person here a chipboard page from the album and having you each do a page about yourself. You could just use what ever papers you wanted, include a pic of yourself and your screenname and embellish it anyway you wanted. Kind of like a circle journal but no theme, just do it about yourself. And then send it back to me.

Hmm... I've got a ton, well, not a ton but lots and lots of those old AOL CDs they used to send out. Even had friends give me bunches of them. I can alter them with pp and use my CropADile to punch holes for book rings and make my own version of this. The CDs could be for the covers and cardstock for the inside pages.

I've got more ideas than time.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 09-27-08 09:10 AM
In response to TesaB

I'm totally jumping in and out here, and soon I'll have to go again.

I LOVE the blog and fav thingie, Viv!!! GREAT idea!!!

And I LOVE your new LO, Marlene! It is such a beautiful vintage page! Your handwriting is awesome!!! I like the blue ribbon, but you are right, it catches ones eyes initially. But I don't think that's a bad. The eyes moves down to the photo and it frames it beautifully also with the scalloped.

And Betty is a true beauty!!!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

So, I'm not sold on our avitar. It's cute, but looks too, I'm not sure of the word, old fashion. What do you guys think? I like these:

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Hmm... I've got a ton, well, not a ton but lots and lots of those old AOL CDs they used to send out. Even had friends give me bunches of them. I can alter them with pp and use my CropADile to punch holes for book rings and make my own version of this. The CDs could be for the covers and cardstock for the inside pages.

I have tons of them too, when altering them was so big here, I was always picking up 5 or more everytime we went to walmart.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to lilmrmaid

[quote=lilmrmaid][quote=C ircle of Friends][quote=lilmrmaid] [quote=lilmrmaid][quote=A migosa]This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

[/quote]

that is beautiful
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thinking about what?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would love to do the same thing!!! What if we did a circle journal so everyone would have their own book? That is for the people who want to participate of course.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

So, I'm not sold on our avitar. It's cute, but looks too, I'm not sure of the word, old fashion. What do you guys think? I like these:

I like them both

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

• lilmrmaid Said:

LOVE this idea!!! I have old CDs too! I also have a crop-a-dile that I could punch holes with.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

[quote=Circle of Friends][quote=lilmrmaid] [quote=Circle of Friends][quote=lilmrmaid] [quote=lilmrmaid][quote=A migosa]This isn't my work, but I really like it. I like that it says Forever Friends, like we are. I found it on photobucket.

[/quote]

that is beautiful
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thinking about what?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would love to do the same thing!!! What if we did a circle journal so everyone would have their own book? That is for the people who want to participate of course.
[/quote]

sounds good to me, are you going to post the guidelines for doing this?? Or how does everyone want to do it??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

You know I am in.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok, so I have to go to the store now! I am also stopping to pick up Yvonne and Lesley's BG papers. Talk to you guys in a bit. I'll be thinking about the Circle Journals. I've never done one before so I'll also have to look at how people set up the guidelines for them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I like the one we have already. It's more a group thing there. I know in real life we'll probably never get together but it's the thought that counts, right?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

talk to you later Leesa. thanks again

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I like the one we have already. It's more a group thing there. I know in real life we'll probably never get together but it's the thought that counts, right?

me too, but I like all three, so whichever is fine by me.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

If I was still married to my ex, we would of been married 22 years today.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I took all the suggestions and here are the (hopefully) improvements. I originally put the bow because all of the girls had bows in their hair, but I didn't want to use black and didn't have brown. The blue matches the paper it shows up well IRL. I'm thinking maybe a couple more flowers in the bottom right. I chalked over the inking and I haven't done that before and really like the way it looks. I copied over the old one so no update is necessary.

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I have to go to the store now! I am also stopping to pick up Yvonne and Lesley's BG papers. Talk to you guys in a bit. I'll be thinking about the Circle Journals. I've never done one before so I'll also have to look at how people set up the guidelines for them.

We did a modified version for a Circle Journal on the VCW thread. Each person make how ever many copies of a BOM page, they could vary the papers some but generally the same designs with info about themselves. We went with an 8x8 format. Then we'd PM each other for addresses and send the pages to others. We didn't have the exact same group, since we could do this beyond our VCW regulars.

I still need to do my pages and send them out.

But this way, everyone only sends out their own stuff and get their own album, too. No waiting on anyone to finish their part before doing the next step.

I've got my design pretty much figured out, I just need to get a recent photo of myself done (one that I'll half way like) and just scrap it! That's also on my goal for October.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Marlene, I think it needs a few more flowers. It looks off balanced to me.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I like the name of our group so I chose a circle album and I am thinking of using our avi somewheres, not sure yet.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I need to go do some laundry so I will check back later. Have fun.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
I took all the suggestions and here are the (hopefully) improvements. I originally put the bow because all of the girls had bows in their hair, but I didn't want to use black and didn't have brown. The blue matches the paper it shows up well IRL. I'm thinking maybe a couple more flowers in the bottom right. I chalked over the inking and I haven't done that before and really like the way it looks. I copied over the old one so no update is necessary.

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Oh, I hate to say it but I liked the bow better. Can't please everyone, huh?

Marlene, what do you think of editing your description to list the changes you did? I do that with images, I'll do the following without changing what was already written:

==============
I changed then I . So this layout is done but I'm still open to critique for future layouts.

I'll also use that format to answer questions that people asked in their comments.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Marlene, I think it needs a few more flowers. It looks off balanced to me.

Maybe two more in the bottom right near the red flower?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

I want to add a recipe that i made myself, its for chocolate chip banana nut bread, but i have to find it first
BTW, it is to DIE FOR YUMMY!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

I want to add a recipe that i made myself, its for chocolate chip banana nut bread, but i have to find it first
BTW, it is to DIE FOR YUMMY!

NOW you say this? I just started a loaf of regular banana nut bread.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I just put 3 pans in of pumpkin bread

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok, I made some more changes. I don't think the paper will take any more. I changed the bow (twice), added some flowers which have been stamped and chalked. I chalked the scallops. I welcome critique for future reference. I'm happy with the way this turned out, thanks for sticking with me.

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-27-08 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

• lilmrmaid Said:

LOVE this idea!!! I have old CDs too! I also have a crop-a-dile that I could punch holes with.

I really like this idea, too. I also have a Crop-A-Dile and a Big Bite.

I like the avi we have but I also like the others. It doesn't have to stay the same all the time.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

mmmmmm pumpkin bread. That reminds me I forgot to eat. This forum and scrapping are the only things that affect me that way.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
Ok, I made some more changes. I don't think the paper will take any more. I changed the bow (twice), added some flowers which have been stamped and chalked. I chalked the scallops. I welcome critique for future reference. I'm happy with the way this turned out, thanks for sticking with me.

Damron
By Scrap4brains

WOWWWWWEEE! Marlene, you made just the perfect changes, it looks absolutely beautiful! the chalk goes wonderfully with the distressing, without taking away....and the flower/bow looks great too, i love it, fab job

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

hi girls, im dropping off, finally finished this lo...im so sick of looking at it, lol. Im not really sure how i feel about it, im giving it to my cousin today so i cant make changes, but please give it to me straight anyway! I want to know what all of you would do differently, etc....

Cherish
By Rachelk

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Ok, now I really like it. You did a great job. Now I wouldn't change it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
hi girls, im dropping off, finally finished this lo...im so sick of looking at it, lol. Im not really sure how i feel about it, im giving it to my cousin today so i cant make changes, but please give it to me straight anyway! I want to know what all of you would do differently, etc....

Cherish
By Rachelk

why don't you like it?? I think it is beautiful. Love the colors you used, the papers are beautiful. What are the little circles around the outside of the layout??? Maybe have them go all the way around.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

my recipe says to bake the pumpkin bread for 35 minutes, heck that is no where near long enough, I am at 50 minutes and it still isn't quite done yet. It sure smells good though. DH will be mad whenever he gets home today. It is kind of hot outside and he hates it when I run the oven when it is hot out. Our house isn't very well insulated and so it gets hot in here quite fast. We are thinking of putting on new siding and insulation next year. It needed it a couple of years ago and still haven't done it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok my bread is all baked and cooling. MMMM smells so good.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

The only word I can think for this is striking. It really jumps out. Love the variegated greens on the left side and the way you framed the photo. The swirls framing the pp looks really cool I am assuming the star and dark flourish left of the photo are blinged. Only thing is that I would have had the circles along the left side, too. I don't think I've seen this color combo before, it looks almost digital.

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-27-08 11:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I meant the colors look like a digital color not that the whole page does Rachel.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
I meant the colors look like a digital color not that the whole page does Rachel.

hi marlene, ok so you mean you would have extended that scalloped paper (the center strip) all the way across to the other side?
Its was a strange color combo for me too, i started with a bit of light green, and i realized i had never ever used yellow chalk, so i thought hey why the heck not?
Im leaving right now for my parents' house, so i will check in with you ladies lata!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:

Damron
By Scrap4brains

This is IT!!! Love the changes! The blue flowers are a much better match for this layout than what you had previously! Love that the bow is back but smaller. Now it just needs bling. Just kidding, well, not totally but you know how I am with bling.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

Hey ladies! I'm back from shopping. I bought Lesley's Urban Prairie and I'm making DH go out in a little bit to get Yvonne's Granola. It was quite the trip. I took Noah. haha

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:

Damron
By Scrap4brains

This is IT!!! Love the changes! The blue flowers are a much better match for this layout than what you had previously! Love that the bow is back but smaller. Now it just needs bling. Just kidding, well, not totally but you know how I am with bling.

Wow! I agree! I am really liking the changes you've made!!!!! Just fantastic!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

We are a new group of some crazy ladies! We are here to share our work, get some real critique and most of all, chat about our everyday lives! We will always have a shoulder to lean on, a place to share with friends and a place to challenge ourselves.

CoF Important Links

Circle of Friends Favorites

CoF Challenge #1

CoF October Updates

CoF Recipes

Guidelines

1. This will be a friendly environment to escape from the realities of real life. The main focus of this group will be our creations; layouts, cards and home décor, but we look forward to learning more about each other, sharing our joys, triumphs, trials and tribulations are encouraged.

2. We will share tips, tricks and techniques that we have found and or learned and encourage all members to do the same. Please leave love in the members' gallery and designate COF so we know who we are. Critiquing will be done in this forum.

3. We all realize that there are lives outside of forum ! Please just check in on a regular basis. If you’re going to be gone just let us know. We care about you!

4. We will do a monthly challenge. The members will alternate choosing the challenge every month. If you are unable to complete by the deadline please let us know. We understand life’s little emergencies, but please at least try the challenges.

5. Big decisions will be made by the group and as a group. Everyone will have a voice.

6. One of the biggest guidelines is that we all have FUN!!! While these guidelines are not etched in stone they are a start and will help to keep things stress free and running smoothly.

(Thanks to Spacey Tracy for the framework of our guidelines.)

Members

~*~Amigosa~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Leesa
2. When is your birthday? January 13
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Matt. We have been married for just over 2 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a son, Noah. He is 14 months old.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I just bought the Big Bite and love it! I also use ink a lot and I am just starting to get into embossing.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am currently a SAHM and love it to pieces.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I hope that this group will make my work better, to leave more tecniques and to make some great friends!

~*~Scrap4brains~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Marlene
2. When is your birthday? 7/7
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Ken, we've been married 24 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? Kyle & Matty 23 & 24. 2 furry children - one 8 year old yellow Lab named Holly and one 11 week old chocolate Lab named Betty.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Cricut Expression
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am an Administrative Assistant in a Public Defender office. I also like to crochet and watch movies.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Friendship and some honest feedback about my work.

~*~Meak72~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Carrie
2. When is your birthday? November 6
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Technically, yes. His name is Cockroach.
4. Do you have any children? Drew is 4 and Brayden is almost 2.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Lately, it has been clear stamps and inks.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? I take care of my boys and try to spend time catching up on movies.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? First and foremost, friendship. Secondly, if I need help with my projects, I would love to have honest and well thought out suggestions.

~*~Lilmrmaid~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? My name is Yvonne
2. When is your birthday? My birthday is 3/12
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? I have a something LOL, his name is Doug, we are not married but have lived together for 16 years. I call him my dh though. Makes it easier.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a step-son--TJ he is 22. I have a ds--Brian he is 21 and 2 dd's--Krystal---18 and Brittni--14
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I have so many. I love chipboard, my cricuit (even though I have only used it a few times), flowers and trying to get into inking more.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? spend time with my family and go to my kids sporting events. dh loves to fish and boat, so we do that sometime. I also love to play mini golf and we just got a wii and are having a wonderful time playing that. We also love to watch movies. I am a licensed EMT and on the local rescue/fire dept. I am also a cosmetologist, but I don't do hair anymore except for my family as I can not stand for long long periods of time.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Make friends and receive help when am stumped and critique as to what others might think would look good as I consider myself a very simple scrapper and would love to try new things. Sometimes I have a very hard time doing a layout, not very artistic LOL.

~*~Vivian Loves BLING~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Vivian (Vivian will always be in my username here)
2. When is your birthday? January 9th
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Tim for the past 17 years married and 2 additional years prior.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages?
Krystal, 24, married to Mike with two boys of their own (Bradley 4.5 and Blake 3) and Eric, 16, at home being home schooled.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I go through spells with various tools but bling of any sort has been a constant factor in my scrapping. Any bling in general but Stickles in particular.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I'm trying to start up a scrapbooking hosting business. Hope to be fully up and operational by the beginning of next year, sooner if possible. Otherwise I stay busy with family and friends. I live a life of leisure. which really means I'm available to help in any crisis or whatever, my time isn't my own.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I've gotten lazy in my scrapping and need some accountability.

~*~TesaB~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? TESA
2. When is your birthday? September 17
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Sure, married to Anders since 8 years
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? Yep, Jonathan 8 years (I was totally pregnant when married (14 weeks) and didn't fit my dress on the day of my wedding. Big drama.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? paper and stamps
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? Work on my dissertation
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Good friends, sincere critique and help to be a better scrapbooker.

~*~Slywalker~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

~*~Rachelk~*~ Profile/ Gallery
1. What is your name? Rachel
2. When is your birthday? Oct 11
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? DH/Kelly
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? 1 DD/She is almost 3
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Chalk!
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I love baking, reading with my daughter, reading, and doing crosswords
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I want to continue forming new friendships and love to receive genuine, constructive criticism on my work.

Questionnaire

1. What is your name?
2. When is your birthday?
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name?
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages?
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item?
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies?
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group?

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

Shoot, I goofed. BRB

This is Vivian

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

LOL- Viv, you are cracking me up. hehe

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I just enlarged the links. But did quote instead of editing. I also added Rachel's latest layout to CoF's faves.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Awesome! Thanks Viv!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

I can't think of any changes. Got questions though.

Did you paint/ink the green? What about the purple? This is fantastic!

I'm not good about going outside of sb.c to blog spots. So many of my friends have an account at blog spot that if I added that to my viewing/reading, I'd easily double if not quadruple my online time. I did take a quick look at yours yesterday and I thought it looked great.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

I'm not good about going outside of sb.c to blog spots. So many of my friends have an account at blog spot that if I added that to my viewing/reading, I'd easily double if not quadruple my online time. I did take a quick look at yours yesterday and I thought it looked great.

Viv- what purple are you seeing? Is something wrong with your monitor?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

Rachel- this layout is amazing. The green is very striking. The only thing is that it is hard for my brain to take these colors and relate them to a baby layout. I would love to see this same exact layout with a dramatic kid/adult photo rather than an infant. I really love baby photos to be scrapped with softer colors. The layout itself is perfect though and wouldn't change a thing about that, just the photo doesn't match in my head. Does this make sense?!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Leesa, the purple I see is on the long side of the triangle right below the baby's face. The hypotenuse.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

That banana nut bread should be ready any minute now. Don't have anything planned for dinner and I forgot to eat lunch.

Oh, I watched "Strictly Ballroom" today and loved it! I thought it was funny and predictable, but predictable in a good way. Love the crazy dancing Aussies. I found myself laughing at how I've stereotyped people from different places but the more I learn the more I realized everyone is the same with only very slight difference in accent/language and customs. But people generally are all the same.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Leesa, the purple I see is on the long side of the triangle right below the baby's face. The hypotenuse.

I still don't see the purple... hmmm.... lol

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

We'll have to ask Rachel if it's even there. I see it clearly on my screen. It's the polka dotted paper at the top of the triangle right under the baby's face.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

Hey Girls,

Well, I am back from Dream Dinners, and have been back for a while. I have been putting off this stupid divorce stuff, and just had to get a start on it. I have been answering Interrogatories all afternoon. Now I have to work on the production of documents part of it. It's such a pisser.

Anyway, I will catch up mostly likely tomorrow. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so I am pretty tired today. I want to get this ******** finished today so I can have tomorrow to sit around.

Miss you all!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

We'll have to ask Rachel if it's even there. I see it clearly on my screen. It's the polka dotted paper at the top of the triangle right under the baby's face.

hi girls, im back now, and ummm, the paper isnt purple, its black; it might look that way b/c of the glitter on the paper. Its the DCWV alpha stack, so it was pre-glittered, doesnt look purple on my end, so it might just be your monitor viv

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Hey Girls,

Well, I am back from Dream Dinners, and have been back for a while. I have been putting off this stupid divorce stuff, and just had to get a start on it. I have been answering Interrogatories all afternoon. Now I have to work on the production of documents part of it. It's such a pisser.

Anyway, I will catch up mostly likely tomorrow. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so I am pretty tired today. I want to get this ******** finished today so I can have tomorrow to sit around.

Miss you all!

hi carrie, sorry you have to do that, but good idea to get it all out of the way....im the queen of procrastination...hope you have a good nite anyway

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

thanks viv, its ok, i understand about going outside to a blog, so dont worry...when i posted the lo, the "add products" field wasnt working, so im going to go back and add all the items that i used, in fact i will try right now.
to answer your question though, the main backing of the paper is a very pale {pastel} green. i gave it more depth with 3 chalk colors: deep green, medium/bright green and bright yellow. every other piece of paper {including borders} is a cut-out from the alphabet stack. Hope that helps, and i will update my image with all the products i used.
thanks for the love too

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

hi girls, im back now, and ummm, the paper isnt purple, its black; it might look that way b/c of the glitter on the paper. Its the DCWV alpha stack, so it was pre-glittered, doesnt look purple on my end, so it might just be your monitor viv

Probably not my monitor but me. So it's gray and not purple?

What about the green? Did you paint/ink that?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Hey Girls,

Miss you all!

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I didn't know you you had to talk to interrogators for a divorse. I agree though, its better to get it out of the way.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

Rachel- this layout is amazing. The green is very striking. The only thing is that it is hard for my brain to take these colors and relate them to a baby layout. I would love to see this same exact layout with a dramatic kid/adult photo rather than an infant. I really love baby photos to be scrapped with softer colors. The layout itself is perfect though and wouldn't change a thing about that, just the photo doesn't match in my head. Does this make sense?!

yes leesa, i know a TON of people would agree with you on this, and its an interesting topic for debate {at least for scrappers, lol}
i feel like we all have a certain style, and i admire scrappers who can make layouts work with soft baby colors, teddy bears and clouds, but that just is not me...i altered the pic knowing that the layout would be a little eclectic, most of mine are, so i was pretty pleased with the way the alterations matched the layout, NOW, if it was a color pic with otherwise "baby" stuff in it, it would look totally weird, so i will agree with you there.
i guess mostly my thinking is that i dont want my stuff to look like something you see everyday, you know those ordinary but beautiful layouts? i just like creating things "out of the box" and totally understand how some people would look at it and think its strange to see a baby among all the craziness.
also, the lo is for my cousin {the baby's mom} and the scrapbook i started for her..she is young and has a style taste similar to me. If i was making this for my mom, i wouldnt have gone that route, i would have played it a bit safer, my mom doesnt like to get my "altered/funky" pics, and i understand that stuff just isnt her style, so i keep her stuff more simple {within my comfort zone of course,lol!}
hope that helps explain the methods to my madness!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Probably not my monitor but me. So it's gray and not purple?

What about the green? Did you paint/ink that?

its in my previous post, but its all chalk.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

Rachel, I so get what you're saying. It now is that colors, papers, embellishments really don't have to follow any rule concerning a theme or photo.

Going b&w with the photo, really lends itself to go anyway you want.

And maybe I'm weird but I think green is perfect for baby pix. But then again it is my favorite color.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Cherish
By Rachelk

yes leesa, i know a TON of people would agree with you on this, and its an interesting topic for debate {at least for scrappers, lol}
i feel like we all have a certain style, and i admire scrappers who can make layouts work with soft baby colors, teddy bears and clouds, but that just is not me...i altered the pic knowing that the layout would be a little eclectic, most of mine are, so i was pretty pleased with the way the alterations matched the layout, NOW, if it was a color pic with otherwise "baby" stuff in it, it would look totally weird, so i will agree with you there.
i guess mostly my thinking is that i dont want my stuff to look like something you see everyday, you know those ordinary but beautiful layouts? i just like creating things "out of the box" and totally understand how some people would look at it and think its strange to see a baby among all the craziness.
also, the lo is for my cousin {the baby's mom} and the scrapbook i started for her..she is young and has a style taste similar to me. If i was making this for my mom, i wouldnt have gone that route, i would have played it a bit safer, my mom doesnt like to get my "altered/funky" pics, and i understand that stuff just isnt her style, so i keep her stuff more simple {within my comfort zone of course,lol!}
hope that helps explain the methods to my madness!

I totally understand this. I really do like your layout but it's just not the 'normal' baby layout. hehe

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Normal is just a setting on a dryer.

I say it's way over rated. Why be normal?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hello. I have gotten kind of behind in my gallery love and challenges, still not caught up but I have to go make dinner. I'm going to enter a recipe first though.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Sorry, before I forget - Rachel, I meant I would have used the white circles on black on the left side too.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I noticed that I missed three pages while I slept through the football game.

Carrie - I used to HATE typing Interrogatories, boring! They ask the same freaking question 10 different ways.

I just saw a lo with the Ambrosia collection and she lives in Chile. Anyone seen Luzma's work?

I like the stocking idea Leesa.

Anyone started any Christmas presents? I'm waiting for a couple chipboard books to come. I am going to use the Paper Dolls Cricut cart to illustrate a couple of stories I used to tell my kids when they were little. I'm looking forward to starting. They don't pay any attention to what I'm doing in my scraproom so it'll be easy to pull off.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm really going this time.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

It's Marlene. I just entered a recipe.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Dip looks good, Marlene. I love artichokes and any kinda cheese.

Carrie, No matter what reasons a person gets a divorce, it's never easy. Been there and even though my divorce was "friendly" at the time, it was still very painful to legally and publicly state that I failed some how. Not only that but that I had a child with that man.

I know it'll be good to get it over with and move on with your life, just allow yourself the grief and not allow bitterness to take a hold of you. It can be done.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

Normal is just a setting on a dryer.

I say it's way over rated. Why be normal?

thanks viv! normal is soooo vanilla to me

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
I noticed that I missed three pages while I slept through the football game.

Carrie - I used to HATE typing Interrogatories, boring! They ask the same freaking question 10 different ways.

I just saw a lo with the Ambrosia collection and she lives in Chile. Anyone seen Luzma's work?

I like the stocking idea Leesa.

Anyone started any Christmas presents? I'm waiting for a couple chipboard books to come. I am going to use the Paper Dolls Cricut cart to illustrate a couple of stories I used to tell my kids when they were little. I'm looking forward to starting. They don't pay any attention to what I'm doing in my scraproom so it'll be easy to pull off.

yes, i think shes on my buddy list, she has beautiful work and always leaves me such sweet comments, i love her stuff

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

Hey! I love vanilla.

I've tried to be normal, actually my scrapping is the most normal I've been at anything in my life. But I've never really been "normal" in anything. So now I just don't fight it anymore.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I haven't really started on any Christmas gifts yet, only for my secret pal in my swap. lol We know what we are getting Noah, but nothing bought yet.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

girls, i want to ask you all a question, but i dont want it to sound negative...do you think the majority of challenges here at sb.com are just popularity contests? I know we discussed challenges before, but i want to have a REAL discussion about this, anyone want in?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
girls, i want to ask you all a question, but i dont want it to sound negative...do you think the majority of challenges here at sb.com are just popularity contests? I know we discussed challenges before, but i want to have a REAL discussion about this, anyone want in?

Yes, I think they are mostly just popularity contests. The same people usually win all of them. They have the 'pretty' layouts that probably cost $10-12 for 1 12x12 layout.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

Some are! That's why for the Bling Challenge I have the PM voting first then the polls. Not only does that allow me to disqualify any love/comment hogs but I do see that certain people will always vote for certain other people. Could be they really, really like the other person's layout or they're close friends.

Then there's the come vote for me on this such-n-such poll pleas that will eventually hit every thread. I avoid those when I can.

I know that happens with the Bling polls too but can't cover all of it.

There's no way around it. Even with limiting people's knowledge of who did what, people can pick out styles of some scrappers.

Also after learning how you can get consistently get your layouts to be featured and how to become a featured artist, it's kinda spoiled those titles for me. I know that not everyone is "cheating" but it still muddies the water,

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I agree with Viv! That is why I don't do challenges anymore.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - sounds like you're have a good time even if it's tiring. Glad you liked the dip, I love it. We could have a blog for recipes.

Too bad about the alarm/excitement in the middle of the night. Look at it this way no one will want to stay on an extra day.

Yep that's a point Marlene...naughty. Actually everyone has just left, earlier that we thought they would because one lot has to get to the airport to pick up their sister so we have the full day to relax.

I've already washed tiled floors, honestly, you would have thought we had had a 2 yrs ols b/day party here but actually it was only 1 lady who had to much champagne and insisted on pouring it into her glass while standing at the fridge rather than putting the glass on the bench to pour....some adults are like 2yrs olds when they are drinking.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Leesa, I've heard of layouts costing $40 and more per page!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Don't let that turn you off from challenges. I have the attitude of taking the bad so I can get to the good.

I don't join challenges that require a fee to join up. Not seen any of those in a long time.

I don't join challenges that have a prize. Most challenges I join are about getting pages done. That's my goal so it lines up with what I was already planning to do.

Even the mini-challenge here. The next pages I'm doing are summer pages so don't know if I'll even get a chance to enter it but I'll try to.

I also avoid certain hostess and with other hostesses I'll pretty much sign up for whatever they host. They're fun and not at all cliquish.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Lesley!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Well, Matt and I are watching a movie... talk to you ladies later.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Do you mind if I say another thing about my new layout? If you do, you can skip this. There were a couple of comments about my handwriting. I used a calligraphy pen and racked my brains to remember the old handwriting books we had to do when I was learning cursive. I thought it would fit the time frame and I liked the way it turned out.

Lesley and I are probably the only ones who had to practice penmanship.

I really thought your handwriting was a great touch!!!

I can remember getting into so much trouble at school because I wrote backhanded, never quit got the cursive style right, and I still have awful backhanded writing. My mother was left handed and I think sometimes perhaps I was meant to be too and then writing would have been tidier, but of course you weren't allowed to at school, boy how times have changed.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
Last night's Sweet Potato Custard was a flop. Only Bradley liked it. It tastes alot like baby food with a very strong banana flavor to it. Maybe if I do the recipe again, I'll cut back or entirely omit the banana.

This morning I made sweet potato pancakes. Much, much better!

This is what happens when I purchase a bushel of something. I try out odd recipes with the ingredient. Normally we just use up the sweet potatoes like regular white potatoes. Bake, fry, and mash but this time I wanted to expand the menu.

OMG i love sweet potatoes, just about any way, but (i know its not homemade) Honey Baked Ham makes the most incredible sweet potato cobbler i have ever had in my life, its like mashed sweet potatoes with streusel and toasted pecans, YUUUUMMY!

Good morning Rachel, wow that sounds really scrumptious, could you post that recipe in the file please?

Page 6 of 115 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics