Page 7 of 115 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
I think we're going to drive up to Lake Superior and see how Betty likes the water. Which is kind of silly she is a Lab. She already will bring a ball back to you. That instinct is so strong.

I'm trying to tear myself away from here to take a shower and get the day started.

If we all could physically be together, we'd have messy houses, the family'd be starving (while we talk about recipes and we'd be in our pajamas all day.

Think your right Marlene, but what fun eh !!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Here is a page I just finished. Do I get to post the first one? Yippeee, I love being first. This is my very first heritage page - I have very few appropriate photos although I guess to some of you my childhood photos would look heritage to you. I changed this so many times that I don't know if I could move anything, should I add something? What do you think?

Damron
By Scrap4brains

Now about this layout, I don't know what I would change here either, it is gorgeous. The only thing that bothered me or drew my eye was the big ribbon, maybe make it smaller or put a large flower there instead. I don't know.

Love what you have done with your changes Marlene. The flower over the ribbon and matching lower ones looks so soft and gorgeous, that's a great move.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Great idea Viv. I just tried to enter a photo and it wouldn't let me. This is Betty.

Betty
By Scrap4brains

OMG she is so beautiful Marlene, her colouring is just gorgeous

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Sorry to be a nuisance but there is so much happening on here and to make it worse I am behind because of not being able to get on here whilst my visitors were here.

I have never thought I was technically challenged but this is making me feel a bit that way and the thought of too many options on the last group is what scared me off there. So I just want to see 5. if I have it right. I am off for a walk now before the wind gets up and to blow away the cobwebs of late nights and long days and you guys will probably be in bed when I get back if you aren't already.

Have I got it right here:
1. We chat here on this main thread

2. We load challenge stuff to that post on the main page
3. We can load recipes to the recipe link on main page
4. The only things that go into the blog are things like if we are sick, important events, to say we won't be around for a while or something similar to that - but - we do not put other things on there that require going through page upon page of chat which would take too long.....and we never reply to anything on there, we do that on this main thread

5. Do we load any images to the main thread at all? or do they get put on link on main page?

6. I had not trouble logging in to 'Circle of Friends' and adding myself as a friend - but - my profile doesn't have anywhere where I can add friends so I can't add Circle of Friends as my friend.......soooooo can Viv or someone thats a lot better than me on this site please have a look at that for me and post what I should do so I can check it when I get back from walk.

As I said to start with, I apologise for being such a nuisance but really want to give this group a go and make it work for me but at the moment I am feeling really confused and not coping with all the new things. Saw the LO's on main thread for critique and thats what I thought it was going to be, maybe that is correct and I just put challenge ones on that link on main page....Help please.....

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

Lesley, you're already a friend of CoF. If you request to be friend, then both are automatically friends of each other.

You only need to log in as CoF if you're gonna add a new blog or image there or update the opening post.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
Leesa, I've heard of layouts costing $40 and more per page!

that is complete and total insanity.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

Don't let that turn you off from challenges. I have the attitude of taking the bad so I can get to the good.

I don't join challenges that require a fee to join up. Not seen any of those in a long time.

I don't join challenges that have a prize. Most challenges I join are about getting pages done. That's my goal so it lines up with what I was already planning to do.

Even the mini-challenge here. The next pages I'm doing are summer pages so don't know if I'll even get a chance to enter it but I'll try to.

I also avoid certain hostess and with other hostesses I'll pretty much sign up for whatever they host. They're fun and not at all cliquish.

well, i am too new here to tell what the heck is happening, and had no clue that someone can make their lo be more likely to feature. So, i think short of your challenges Viv, i will not be participating in any more until i can get a better feel for how things work around here, and who is who...for real.

like i said before, i didnt want to sound negative, but i think its kind of silly to join something that is "rigged" from the very beginning, like so many of them seem to be.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

hi lesley, i missed you today. just logged in really quick before i go to sleep, and yes, i will find/post the recipe for sweet potato cobbler to the COF blog.
have a great day

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

Going to bed. Good night, all.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Good night Viv!

We watched Good Luck Chuck... STUPID!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
Leesa, I've heard of layouts costing $40 and more per page!

that is complete and total insanity.

I agree... that is out of control! In that case people need to stop scrapping for 'the public' and start scrapping for themselves and their family.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Amigosa

Yeah, I'm off challenges too except for here and my other forum. I love my Cricut and learn a lot from there as I learn a lot from here.

People only spend $40 per page?

Lesley, G'Day. You can load everything here, pages, comments etc. Leesa and Viv have volunteered to move things where they belong. We still load our lo and comments. Leesa and/or Viv or youself if you're inclined can move to the favorites. That way someone who has been away can just check the favorites to see any lo they may have missed. The same with important news, check the blog and you can get an update and not have to follow the whole thread, sort of an abridged version. I added the artichoke dip to the recipes. This may seem a little complicated because of all the compartments, but it really makes it simpler.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Circle of Friends

Oh shoot. I'm still signed on as the monitor.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Circle of Friends

Lesley- you can continue on the same as you did with GRC. My suggestion would to just keep up with the COF blog and favorites. The link for those things are right on the front page. hehe Yes, Viv and I have volunteered to keep up with the rest.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Ok, I just want all of you to know that I do love you and consider you all such great friends!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Leesa have you not been to bed yet, and Marlene and have you been and are up early raiding the fridge and stickles again?

I think you are both doing a wonderful job. I am sick of all the other to and fro with the GRC thread and hope we can just get on with 'being us' as it's been up till now.
One thing I do want to say though, is that we stick to the original guidelines and that anyone else who comes in to the group is by invite and everyone has the say on it, not pm's to individuals. If there are objections then they can be pm'd to save anyone getting upset, but pm to everyone in the group, otherwise it is going to end up the same as the last group. Does that sound ok ?

Leesa I saw that you got the Urban Prairie for me, did you get anything else, in other words do I owe you lots and lots like $$$$$$ or just a little. You said you may be able to get a couple of other things and I really don't want to see you out of pocket for longer than necessary, please let me know what I owe you so we can fix that up,,you are so king offering to do that for me.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Good morning ladies! Yeah Lesley- I didn't go to bed until 2:00 AM. lol

So far I bought you the Urban Prairie. I have quite a few 40% off Coupons . I will also be buying you the Granola Pack, the white Stayzon and a couple bottles of stickles. Is there anything else you'd like. Seriously, don't feel like your being greedy. I am way more than happy to get things for you if I can.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

I am totally 100% for what you are saying about PMing the whole group about things that go on with the group. Lets not let any of this past craziness hinder our success!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
I am totally 100% for what you are saying about PMing the whole group about things that go on with the group. Lets not let any of this past craziness hinder our success!

yes, i agree with this as well. i like this idea of the group making decisions, i think its fantastic!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Good morning ladies! I'm just checking in while I'm pushing some pp and a photo around. I'm trying another lo that is going to be different for me. If I ever get a recognizable style I'll think I've failed. I know, I tend to use pastel colors and have everything balanced.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

So far I bought you the Urban Prairie. I have quite a few 40% off Coupons . I will also be buying you the Granola Pack, the white Stayzon and a couple bottles of stickles. Is there anything else you'd like. Seriously, don't feel like your being greedy. I am way more than happy to get things for you if I can.

Leesa you poor thing you must have been soooo tired, that's when I got to bed our Friday night but that was my own fault, visitors had gone to bed and I've been fiddling around with my blog..believe me fiddling is the word...not getting very far.

How is Noah now, has his nasty rash gone yet?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - did you see the post that I asked everyone if they could teach a class at Viv's sanctuary what would you teach? I'm interested to know that about everyone. I said design and balance.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Another thing I'd like to know are opinions on digital scrapping? Have you tried it? Do you like it?

I have not tried it. I am a tactile person, I like getting the ink on my fingers and touching the papers and embellishments. I realize it is a whole different set of skills and some of the work is beautiful, but to be honest, it most of it looks like advertisements to me (and there's a whole lot of that around to lift).

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Leesa you poor thing you must have been soooo tired, that's when I got to bed our Friday night but that was my own fault, visitors had gone to bed and I've been fiddling around with my blog..believe me fiddling is the word...not getting very far.

Eh, I'm not too tired right now. It was my own fault that I didn't go to bed earlier.

What blog are you talking about?!?! I'd love to see it. I don't think you are talking about your blog here at sb.com , are you?

Noah still has diarrhea. This is the 7th day. His rash is looking a lot better though. The doctor's office didn't sound too concerned when I had talked to them on Friday, but I will be calling them first thing in the morning.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Just looked at the COF blog, no answers to the blog right? I have a question, who's cat is that? It's Siamese, shouldn't it be playing Mah Jong? I love that game on the computer.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Good morning Marlene, wow !! I wish, wouldn't that be fun....ummmmm!! probably intricate cutting of patterned paper I think.

Did you ever get that cheesecake made, I made the one I put on my blog for the weekend, boy was there some food, had a long walk today but that was two fold, one to blow away that excess food and the 2nd reason was to blow away all that other stuff going on. I got on thread this morning very tired before I started and there was so much to read, not so much on this thread but the pm's as well.

Poor old Gaelene had sent me a LO in her private album to have a look at to see if anything needed changing and I didn't get to see it until dinner time tonight. She said she had been reading the Cricuteers thread and she is so into her Cricut I think she is going to see if she can join.

Just love the style of that last LO of yours, you really do that style well and the changes are great.

I've been digging around looking for Autumn photos because it's not Autumn here and we don't have Halloween either, when is that on?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Thanks to Viv for that tip on using F5 to refresh the page, that is so handy and so much easier that going back a page then forward again.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Halloween here is October 31.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Halloween is October 31st. It's Hallow 'een, for Hallowed evening, the day before All Saints Day. Your supposed to be protected from evil spirits on that night. Now it's all about the candy and alter egos.

When Kyle was little and we explained that he would wear a costume and say Trick or Treat and people would give him candy, he didn't really know whether to believe it or not.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

I've tried digi... its totally not for me. I just don't like it nor do I feel like I do it very well. I agree, Marlene, about wanting the ink on your fingers, to smell the paper, to feel the ribbon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Well breakfast is sounding pretty good to me right now. And, I know this is an old lady thing, but I love the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle. The Detroit Free Press prints it on Sunday and it's probably waiting for me in my driveway. I always have to make a copy to keep peace with my dh because he likes it too.

Leslie, I am sure the Cricuteers would welcome Gaelene.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Oh the poor little thing it must be soooo painful, it doesn't seem to matter what the invent I think babies are always going to get that sort of thing, one of my daughters used to suffer a lot and I received lots of advice like you had of different things to try, but I think in the end it just gets down to time to heal, hope his diarrhoa

Eh, I'm not too tired right now. It was my own fault that I didn't go to bed earlier.

What blog are you talking about?!?! I'd love to see it. I don't think you are talking about your blog here at sb.com , are you?

Noah still has diarrhea. This is the 7th day. His rash is looking a lot better though. The doctor's office didn't sound too concerned when I had talked to them on Friday, but I will be calling them first thing in the morning.

That's no good I hope they can find out what is causing it, guess the poor little fellow is on a pretty bland diet at the moment then, I feel for him and you because it makes them feel cranky and upset when they/we have something like that doesn't it.

I am trying to set up on blogspot, it's pretty easy for young people I think because the designs are already there, you choose which one you want to go with and then you have to work within the guidelines of what these clever young computer software guys/girls have created.

I am at the very basic stage don't worry, took ages to decide on a name and then I couldn't get the heading to look the way I wanted so think I will change to one of the other designs. It's called Diverse Design Dreams - don't ask me where that came from just sitting here as usual way too late at night and it just came to me. I've done the little bit about myself and that's it, no photos or music or anything else so pretty boring at the moment. If I have time I will try to fix it a bit more and once its saved everyone will be able to have a look but it will take me weeks to get anything worth looking at on it. I mainly want it to draw comments about different design techniques from other scrapbookers out there that don't subscribe to SB.C.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

leesa, did they put him on a special diet? he must be on solids now, right? sorry, its hard for me to remember, lol even though it hasnt been that long!
i wonder why he still has an upset tummy, poor little guy...he is also on soymilk right?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Lesley- I can't wait to see it!!!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Oh the poor little thing it must be soooo painful, it doesn't seem to matter what the invent I think babies are always going to get that sort of thing, one of my daughters used to suffer a lot and I received lots of advice like you had of different things to try, but I think in the end it just gets down to time to heal, hope his diarrhoa

That's no good I hope they can find out what is causing it, guess the poor little fellow is on a pretty bland diet at the moment then, I feel for him and you because it makes them feel cranky and upset when they/we have something like that doesn't it.

I am trying to set up on blogspot, it's pretty easy for young people I think because the designs are already there, you choose which one you want to go with and then you have to work within the guidelines of what these clever young computer software guys/girls have created.

I am at the very basic stage don't worry, took ages to decide on a name and then I couldn't get the heading to look the way I wanted so think I will change to one of the other designs. It's called Diverse Design Dreams - don't ask me where that came from just sitting here as usual way too late at night and it just came to me. I've done the little bit about myself and that's it, no photos or music or anything else so pretty boring at the moment. If I have time I will try to fix it a bit more and once its saved everyone will be able to have a look but it will take me weeks to get anything worth looking at on it. I mainly want it to draw comments about different design techniques from other scrapbookers out there that don't subscribe to SB.C.

ooooh! YAY lesley! im so glad you're starting a blog, i love your work and know it will be drop dead gorgeous!
let me know if you need help with anything, i have learned a few things so far, but still not an expert by any means!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

leesa, did they put him on a special diet? he must be on solids now, right? sorry, its hard for me to remember, lol even though it hasnt been that long!
i wonder why he still has an upset tummy, poor little guy...he is also on soymilk right?

Yeah, he is on solids now. Right now his diet is only dry toast, cheerios, vanilla yogurt, bananas, apple sauce and pedialyte. That's what the nurse told me to feed him. He doesn't act sick at all, so that is the weird thing. Yes, he is on soymilk.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Yeah, Rachel is really good at the blog stuff! Her's looks great!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
Well breakfast is sounding pretty good to me right now. And, I know this is an old lady thing, but I love the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle. The Detroit Free Press prints it on Sunday and it's probably waiting for me in my driveway. I always have to make a copy to keep peace with my dh because he likes it too.

Leslie, I am sure the Cricuteers would welcome Gaelene.

i LOVE crosswords marlene! i used to subscribe to them, havent done one in a while cause im so busy scrapping, but they are one of my fave things to do in the car, airplane, etc.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

I am so not good at crosswords! It makes me sad and they drive me bonkers!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Halloween is October 31st. It's Hallow 'een, for Hallowed evening, the day before All Saints Day. Your supposed to be protected from evil spirits on that night. Now it's all about the candy and alter egos.

When Kyle was little and we explained that he would wear a costume and say Trick or Treat and people would give him candy, he didn't really know whether to believe it or not.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

[quote=rachelk][quote=sly walker][quote=Amigosa][qu ote=slywalker][quote=Amig osa]Good morning ladies! Yeah Lesley- I didn't go to bed until 2:00 AM. lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ooooh! YAY lesley! im so glad you're starting a blog, i love your work and know it will be drop dead gorgeous!
let me know if you need help with anything, i have learned a few things so far, but still not an expert by any means!
[/quote]

OOooohh you may regret that Rachel, I will probably end up 'chewing your ear' every night/day, I don't find it that easy, thing is my youngest dd's partner is a software specialist but rarely comes up here he is working full time and still got 2 months to go to finish his degree at University so doesn't have time to spare to come up here, he goes into work at weekends even.

thanks for the offer and I'm sure I will be taking you up on it.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Lesley- Did you read the post I wrote about the things I'm buying you? I just want to make sure you didn't miss it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Another thing I'd like to know are opinions on digital scrapping? Have you tried it? Do you like it?

I have not tried it. I am a tactile person, I like getting the ink on my fingers and touching the papers and embellishments. I realize it is a whole different set of skills and some of the work is beautiful, but to be honest, it most of it looks like advertisements to me (and there's a whole lot of that around to lift).

I admire a lot of the LO's that are done digitally there was one on the gallery here with I think it was a child looking through a window which I just loved, but in saying that I simply like to look at it and there aren't a lot I like and I most certainly am not interested in ever doing it myself.

I'm like you Marlene, like to use my hands, but I do like to use software to fix photos or give them a different look like Rachael does, still got a lot to learn with that though. The LO I did 2day was taken in 1980 and had stuck to that horrible plastic in the old fashioned albums, so even when I copied it it still had marks, but I was able to get rid of them on Adobe Photoshop Elements, didn't change anything just covered the scratch marks with skin tone.

I actually get ideas from digi LO's & then do them my way, you can get the same look but with a nice 3D look which doesn't occur in my opinion with digi LO's, just a personal thing I think.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
I am so not good at crosswords! It makes me sad and they drive me bonkers!

They really frustrate me, I can get 3/4 of one out but never a whole one. I really love Sukoku though.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I did get that Leesa thanks, got caught up in actually being online when most of you are up, pretty exciting for me usually I'm sitting here churning through the pages trying to catch up and not really being able to chat.

I can't thank you enough for getting that for me and the other things you are getting as well, look I could go on and on with things I'd like but I really appreciate what you are getting and would feel really bad to ask for any more.

I was actually on the SB.C store for quite a while tonight going through the goodies and then checking how they were used on LO's, and of course found lots I love. I do intend to get the Off-Beat BG pp kit as well but they don't have that in yet and have you checked out the new Bo Bunny pp, it's gorgeous, not for everyone, think you would really need the right photos for it but I thought it would be good for my travel photos. See what I mean, I could just go on and on, can't wait to get over there next June because I think I will be sending a lot home, there is so much on this site that we just don't have here.

Rachel has gotten me into chalking now, did it on my LO today, but not like she can do it of course but I'll keep practising, and I saw the Kan-doo chalks on the site also. Fortnightly pay only goes so far unfortunately, I have to start saving spending money to come over there and stop buying here where I pay twice as much for everything.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

I did see the Bo Bunny pp and thought the same thing as you. It is not for everyone but with the right picture, it would be perfect!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

Leesa, I have just been browsing the past couple of pages, so I am not anywyere near caught up yet. But, I wanted to ask you about Noah's rash. A few months ago, Brayden began having diahrrea, and then developed what looked like open sores on his bum. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life on a baby. My doctor diagnosed him with Rota Virus (not sure if that's exactly how it's spelled). Anyway, she put him on the BRAT diet, and told me to make sure I kept heavy, thick Budreaux's Butt Paste all over his bum. The diarrhea eventually went away, and so did the sores.

Since I haven't had a chance to catch up with the thread, I'm not sure what Noah's rash looks like, but I just wanted to throw my story your way, just in case.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Carrie- That sounds just like Noah's rash. It is getting TONS better now! We've been giving him baking soda baths and keeping gobs of cream on his butt.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Well it's way too late for me to be up....again, been fun chatting, catch you all online 2moro...cheers and goodnight Lesley

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, this morning I am going to try and get the supid request for documents together, and then I will be finished with this divorce ********. For now, anyway.

Then I want to buzz over to my LSS and see what they have in lately. They get new stuff in all the time.

AND...I can't believe this, but on Thursday morning I received an e-mail from a different LSS saying they were going out of business, THAT DAY! I was so shocked. My mom, Drew and I went down there, and the place had been ransacked. We were too late to get anything good, but Drew got a bunch of stuff. I was so sad. That is the place we always went to crop and now, no more.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Good night Lesley!!! Have a great sleep!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Carrie- That sounds just like Noah's rash. It is getting TONS better now! We've been giving him baking soda baths and keeping gobs of cream on his butt.

I bet it was the Rota Virus Leesa. There isn't really anything they can do for it except to let it run its course.

Something else I learned from my Pediatrician is that it can be present in adults, but not nearly as severe. Did you or your husband have any kind of, well, bowel irregularities?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Night Lesley!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

It's so funny to tell Lesley goodnight when I just woke up!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Leesa, I have just been browsing the past couple of pages, so I am not anywyere near caught up yet. But, I wanted to ask you about Noah's rash. A few months ago, Brayden began having diahrrea, and then developed what looked like open sores on his bum. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life on a baby. My doctor diagnosed him with Rota Virus (not sure if that's exactly how it's spelled). Anyway, she put him on the BRAT diet, and told me to make sure I kept heavy, thick Budreaux's Butt Paste all over his bum. The diarrhea eventually went away, and so did the sores.

Since I haven't had a chance to catch up with the thread, I'm not sure what Noah's rash looks like, but I just wanted to throw my story your way, just in case.

OMG i have to jump in here with my story about rotavirus. it is the most nasty horrid thing to ever happen to lauren and i. she got it last year from daycare, and was vomiting/diarrea for 7 days. I got it right in the middle of hers, and had it for 5 days. we were both so sick and could not keep anything down, i slept on the bathroom floor next to the toilet b/c i was vomiting all night. when i say i would not wish that on my worst enemy, i am dead serious, it was awful.
i am 5'8, and was 135 lbs, my husband took me to urgent care on the 4th day of it b/c he said i was wasting away, when they weighed me i was 118 lbs, had to get IV fluids and anti-nausea medicine. Lauren got better w/o that, the dr.'s put her on the BRAT diet too.
ugh, i am shuddering at the thought of that terrible time, just wanted to share....
oh, and the Butt Paste is the greatest rash cream ever.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Well it's way too late for me to be up....again, been fun chatting, catch you all online 2moro...cheers and goodnight Lesley

goodnight lesley

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

I bet it was the Rota Virus Leesa. There isn't really anything they can do for it except to let it run its course.

Something else I learned from my Pediatrician is that it can be present in adults, but not nearly as severe. Did you or your husband have any kind of, well, bowel irregularities?

Nope... we've been just fine.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
It's so funny to tell Lesley goodnight when I just woke up!

It is, isn't it?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I admire a lot of the LO's that are done digitally there was one on the gallery here with I think it was a child looking through a window which I just loved, but in saying that I simply like to look at it and there aren't a lot I like and I most certainly am not interested in ever doing it myself.

I'm like you Marlene, like to use my hands, but I do like to use software to fix photos or give them a different look like Rachael does, still got a lot to learn with that though. The LO I did 2day was taken in 1980 and had stuck to that horrible plastic in the old fashioned albums, so even when I copied it it still had marks, but I was able to get rid of them on Adobe Photoshop Elements, didn't change anything just covered the scratch marks with skin tone.

I actually get ideas from digi LO's & then do them my way, you can get the same look but with a nice 3D look which doesn't occur in my opinion with digi LO's, just a personal thing I think.

i feel exactly how marlene and lesley feel about digi lo's, i like the hands-on and computers frustrate me. i have tried a few different kids of digi scrapping software, but it didnt "take" with me, i love plain old paper!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

OMG i have to jump in here with my story about rotavirus. it is the most nasty horrid thing to ever happen to lauren and i. she got it last year from daycare, and was vomiting/diarrea for 7 days. I got it right in the middle of hers, and had it for 5 days. we were both so sick and could not keep anything down, i slept on the bathroom floor next to the toilet b/c i was vomiting all night. when i say i would not wish that on my worst enemy, i am dead serious, it was awful.
i am 5'8, and was 135 lbs, my husband took me to urgent care on the 4th day of it b/c he said i was wasting away, when they weighed me i was 118 lbs, had to get IV fluids and anti-nausea medicine. Lauren got better w/o that, the dr.'s put her on the BRAT diet too.
ugh, i am shuddering at the thought of that terrible time, just wanted to share....

Oh my gosh, that sounds HORRIBLE!!! He is not vomiting at all and doesn't act sick at all.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Oh my gosh, that sounds HORRIBLE!!! He is not vomiting at all and doesn't act sick at all.

its most likely not rotavirus then, b/c you would know, lauren would just lay there, almost lethargic. it was awful.
he probably just has a little tummy virus, there are so many around, hopefully it will run its course, but there really isnt much you can do, i know its awful to see them sick, i always feel so bad

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I noticed that I missed three pages while I slept through the football game.

Carrie - I used to HATE typing Interrogatories, boring! They ask the same freaking question 10 different ways.

I just saw a lo with the Ambrosia collection and she lives in Chile. Anyone seen Luzma's work?

I like the stocking idea Leesa.

Anyone started any Christmas presents? I'm waiting for a couple chipboard books to come. I am going to use the Paper Dolls Cricut cart to illustrate a couple of stories I used to tell my kids when they were little. I'm looking forward to starting. They don't pay any attention to what I'm doing in my scraproom so it'll be easy to pull off.

yes, i think shes on my buddy list, she has beautiful work and always leaves me such sweet comments, i love her stuff

I love her work

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
girls, i want to ask you all a question, but i dont want it to sound negative...do you think the majority of challenges here at sb.com are just popularity contests? I know we discussed challenges before, but i want to have a REAL discussion about this, anyone want in?

Yes, I think they are mostly just popularity contests. The same people usually win all of them. They have the 'pretty' layouts that probably cost $10-12 for 1 12x12 layout.

Yeah, I have done a few of them and it seems that the same people always win them. That is great, but heck I would love to win one sometime. It use to make me feel like no one liked my layouts.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - did you see the post that I asked everyone if they could teach a class at Viv's sanctuary what would you teach? I'm interested to know that about everyone. I said design and balance.

I don't know what I would teach, I don't feel like I am good enough with anything to teach it to someone.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

I haven't tried it, I think a lot of layouts look great, but it just isn't for me. When I htink of scrapbooking, I think of the old fashioned type, paper, glue, scissors and pics.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

The thing I do like about challenges is that it gives the greater gallery focus and I see a lot more different lo than I would otherwise. I've never won one and since this group and my Cricuteer group both have challenges, I will probably stop with the others. Just not enough time. I know how you feel Yvonne, it's kind of like my stuff isn't good enough.

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-28-08 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Your rash stories are making me itch! I'm trying not to even think about the crab mites.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Your rash stories are making me itch! I'm trying not to even think about the crab mites.

lol

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Got some errands to do. CYL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

lol

Good Morning ladies.

I haven't rechecked them in a couple of days to see if they still have them or not. I hate bugs.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Leesa, I want to ask you. Did Noah have this before, during or after he was at the grandparents?? Did he eat something he shouldn't have??

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

He got it the day after he got back to my parents. My parents are fine too. It's possible, but I don't think that is it. If it were something he had eaten I don't think he would still be having problems 7 days later. Do you think?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Well, I wouldn't think so.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

It has been so long since my kids were little, I don't remember why they would have such a thing except everytime I would call the dr or take them in they would just tell me that it was a virus thing and that it had to run its course.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Yeah, I think that is what it is... a virus. It will just have to run its course.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I hate this computer, I have 2 layouts I did last night that I want to download from my camera card, but it won't let me download my camera. I need to restart it but dh is doing something on it that I can't restart yet and dd is charging her ipod on it so can't restart it.

I really need your opinions on them. I want to finish them up but don't want to glue anything down until I get critiques. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Leesa, it took me forever to read that pm. I am so sorry for hurt feelings over there.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I don't know what I would teach, I don't feel like I am good enough with anything to teach it to someone.

yvonne, you could teach about altered projects, like wood letters. I really loved the ones you did recently, i thought you did a fantastic job painting them, they looked perfect, like they came from a store!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Yeah, I think we all are just going to move on.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

[quote=slywalker][quote=r achelk][quote=slywalker][ quote=Amigosa][quote=slyw alker][quote=Amigosa]Good morning ladies! Yeah Lesley- I didn't go to bed until 2:00 AM. lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OOooohh you may regret that Rachel, I will probably end up 'chewing your ear' every night/day, I don't find it that easy, thing is my youngest dd's partner is a software specialist but rarely comes up here he is working full time and still got 2 months to go to finish his degree at University so doesn't have time to spare to come up here, he goes into work at weekends even.

thanks for the offer and I'm sure I will be taking you up on it.
[/quote]

no problem lesley! i really wouldnt mind at all, its a learning process for me too

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

yvonne, you could teach about altered projects, like wood letters. I really loved the ones you did recently, i thought you did a fantastic job painting them, they looked perfect, like they came from a store!

Ooooh! I agree! Also that clock was awesome too!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Well thanks so much. I still haven't gotten hung on my wall yet.

Krystal had ordered the Heidi Swapp clock kit and it came with a pink one instead of black. We altered the pink one on Thursday and Friday and yesterday we were working on the Black one that they sent us because it was suppose to be black, have it all done except the flowers, can't get them to look right.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Ooooh! I agree! Also that clock was awesome too!

Wait until to you Krystals black one, it is zebra stripped with hot pink. It is beautiful if I say so myself.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

ok, trying to download camera card again.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

it is downloading, have pics in a few

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am uploading to my gallery right now. It is taking a while to get it there.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Yay! I can't wait to see!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Ok please critique this clock for us

Krystal's Altered Clock By Lilmrmaid

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Here is the final and finished lo for third grade

Third Grade-Final * By Lilmrmaid

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

OMG i totally LOVE the zebra print with the pink! and, i really dont know anything about how you even do these clocks, but i had 1 suggestion: is there any way you can punch a hole in the "negative space" of the photo on the right side so it could be more centered, instead of off to the left? then I personally would put the flowers on the edge of the photo, almost like a border on that side.
like i said, i dont even know if its possible to do what i suggested, but it sure is gorgeous the way it is!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

I love this clock so much!!! The colors are great, of course! It would match my scraproom perfectly! I LOVE THOSE NUMBERS!!!! What kind are they or where did you get them?

For critique: the 2 looks a little slanted. The 2 in the 12 looks straight, so I'd like to see them look the same. Also, I would have rounded the corners of the photo since the clock and the flowers are round. The flowers seem to disconnect from the picture. It looks like 2 seperate things. I'm not sure if this makes sense. I would spread the flowers out a bit and put a couple partly on the picture to make them flow.

Wow! I can't believe I have that much critique for that clock since I freakin love it so much!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

OMG i totally LOVE the zebra print with the pink! and, i really dont know anything about how you even do these clocks, but i had 1 suggestion: is there any way you can punch a hole in the "negative space" of the photo on the right side so it could be more centered, instead of off to the left? then I personally would put the flowers on the edge of the photo, almost like a border on that side.
like i said, i dont even know if its possible to do what i suggested, but it sure is gorgeous the way it is!

Oooh. I really like this suggestion too!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Here is the final and finished lo for third grade

Third Grade-Final * By Lilmrmaid

Love it!!!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Need Critique/Suggestions on this one

Nothing is glued down yet

Second Grade By Lilmrmaid

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Need Critique/suggestions on this one too

Nothing is glued down here either

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Well, I've got to get some stuff done... Talk to you ladies in a bit and I'll look at the Second Grade layout of your's, Yvonne.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I love this clock so much!!! The colors are great, of course! It would match my scraproom perfectly! I LOVE THOSE NUMBERS!!!! What kind are they or where did you get them?

For critique: the 2 looks a little slanted. The 2 in the 12 looks straight, so I'd like to see them look the same. Also, I would have rounded the corners of the photo since the clock and the flowers are round. The flowers seem to disconnect from the picture. It looks like 2 seperate things. I'm not sure if this makes sense. I would spread the flowers out a bit and put a couple partly on the picture to make them flow.

Wow! I can't believe I have that much critique for that clock since I freakin love it so much!!!!

I know the number 2 is crooked, it was so hard to get them straight when the clock is round.

The numbers are Basic Grey undressed Middleset chipboard letters. She adhered hot pink cardstock to them and then made the white dashes with a signo pen and when it dried it looks like a light pink.

Everything is adhered except the flowers, we can't get them to look right.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Leesa, I thought you would like that clock since it matches your room so much.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am uploading her other clock

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Here is Krystal's other clock, this one is going in her bedroom

Sisters Clock * By Lilmrmaid

Page 7 of 115