Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I have to tell you the reason for the zebra print clock

She loves hot pink and black together, especially zebra and hot pink. well, she was looking online one day at jcpenney's and found a bed set that was pink and zebra print, so she bought it. And her room here is painted hot hot pink and then has only black accessories in it. Such as her chair, shelves, entertainment center, cd case is all black.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - did you see the post that I asked everyone if they could teach a class at Viv's sanctuary what would you teach? I'm interested to know that about everyone. I said design and balance.

I don't know what I would teach, I don't feel like I am good enough with anything to teach it to someone.

yvonne, you could teach about altered projects, like wood letters. I really loved the ones you did recently, i thought you did a fantastic job painting them, they looked perfect, like they came from a store!

Ooooh! I agree! Also that clock was awesome too!

Don't forget those cool recipe boxes.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
Ok please critique this clock for us

Krystal's Altered Clock By Lilmrmaid

OMG i totally LOVE the zebra print with the pink! and, i really dont know anything about how you even do these clocks, but i had 1 suggestion: is there any way you can punch a hole in the "negative space" of the photo on the right side so it could be more centered, instead of off to the left? then I personally would put the flowers on the edge of the photo, almost like a border on that side.
like i said, i dont even know if its possible to do what i suggested, but it sure is gorgeous the way it is!

Oooh. I really like this suggestion too!

The numbers look so nice, love the stitching/dots, it really makes them easy to see (which is good for a clock). I like Rachel's suggestion about moving the photo and Leesa's suggestion for rounded corners, but all know I always round corners. This project just looks so fun and your dd is super pretty.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Need Critique/Suggestions on this one

Nothing is glued down yet

Second Grade By Lilmrmaid

I really like the colors and the paper is perfect. My suggestion would be to mat the pp with one of the coordinating colors (yellow?) then move them to the left under the photo to a little short of half way. The little notebook embellie is very cute.

Edited by scrap4brains on 09-28-08 11:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
Here is the final and finished lo for third grade

Third Grade-Final * By Lilmrmaid

Love it!!!

I really like the changes.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

OMG i totally LOVE the zebra print with the pink! and, i really dont know anything about how you even do these clocks, but i had 1 suggestion: is there any way you can punch a hole in the "negative space" of the photo on the right side so it could be more centered, instead of off to the left? then I personally would put the flowers on the edge of the photo, almost like a border on that side.
like i said, i dont even know if its possible to do what i suggested, but it sure is gorgeous the way it is!

Oooh. I really like this suggestion too!

The numbers look so nice, love the stitching/dots, it really makes them easy to see (which is good for a clock). I like Rachel's suggestion about moving the photo and Leesa's suggestion for rounded corners, but all know I always round corners. This project just looks so fun and your dd is super pretty.

thanks so much for the compliment on my dd. That pic was taken the day of her senior pic shoot. We wanted a pic by a railroad track that was old and the photographer took pics somewheres else, so on the way home, Krystal crawled into the back of the suburban as I was driving down the road and changed her clothes to this outfit and her and I went out and I took that pic of her. I love that pic.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Here is Krystal's other clock, this one is going in her bedroom

Sisters Clock * By Lilmrmaid

Love this and wouldn't change anything.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I really like the colors and the paper is perfect. My suggestion would be to mat the pp with one of the coordinating colors (yellow?) then move them to the left under the photo to a little past half way. The little notebook embellie is very cute.

I will try that, to me it seems kind of plain.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

[quote=scrap4brains][quot e=Amigosa][quote=rachelk] [quote=lilmrmaid][quote=s crap4brains]Lesley - did you see the post that I asked everyone if they could teach a class at Viv's sanctuary what would you teach? I'm interested to know that about everyone. I said design and balance.

[/quote]

I don't know what I would teach, I don't feel like I am good enough with anything to teach it to someone.

[/quote]

yvonne, you could teach about altered projects, like wood letters. I really loved the ones you did recently, i thought you did a fantastic job painting them, they looked perfect, like they came from a store!

[/quote]

Ooooh! I agree! Also that clock was awesome too!
[/quote]
Don't forget those cool recipe boxes.
[/quote]

thanks Marlene

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

DITTO for me!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok I am getting offline for a bit, I think I am going to do some cleaning and rearranging in my scraproom.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

thanks Rachel

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Need Critique/suggestions on this one too

Nothing is glued down here either

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

The papers you chose are perfect for the project. You have a knack for finding great embellishments. Those signs are very nice. Only suggestion that I have is to move the signs on the left closer to each other so they're in a bunch with the top one being about 2/3 of the way up the side of the photo.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

This is perfect! Don't change anything. What kind of flowers are those?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

prima Sprites

I will pm you a site that has them and if you order $25 or more, the shipping is free and under $25 is $2 shipping.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Dang! You do a spectacular job with these clocks! I must get one of these!!! I love everything about this clock! You have placed those flowers perfectly! The only thing I'd do is mat the photo in pink. I just love this!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I really like the colors and the paper is perfect. My suggestion would be to mat the pp with one of the coordinating colors (yellow?) then move them to the left under the photo to a little past half way. The little notebook embellie is very cute.

I agree that it is kind of plain. What if you just embellish it more? I know you have some amazing flowers! I would make the word second go horizontal over the photo. That folder is so stinking cute!!! Did you make that?! What if you used a different color cs so that the folder pops more? I think it's blending in too much, especially since its your only embellie. Ribbon... you could add ribbon! Anything to jazz it up some more. Even buttons. Use those embellies, girl!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Ok I am getting offline for a bit, I think I am going to do some cleaning and rearranging in my scraproom.

Bye! Have fun!!! (I really need to do that, too!)

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

The papers you chose are perfect for the project. You have a knack for finding great embellishments. Those signs are very nice. Only suggestion that I have is to move the signs on the left closer to each other so they're in a bunch with the top one being about 2/3 of the way up the side of the photo.

I agree with this... I love this layout! Marlene is right, you do have some great embellishments! Where do you find all of these?!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Oh- I really like the raw chipboard on the First Deer layout! Maybe if you added just a touch of ink to distress them a little, but definitely like the raw color and texture. It matches the layout very well!!!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

prima Sprites

I will pm you a site that has them and if you order $25 or more, the shipping is free and under $25 is $2 shipping.

yvonne, can you pm that info to me as well? i love those flowers!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

Of course I want you to PM me that info also! haha

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

leesa, how are you today?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to rachelk

I've been seeing those flowers on lots of lo. Thanks, Yvonne. I do kind of have a lot of flowers right now but not like those. I have a hard time using flowers and/or ribbon.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

I agree with this... I love this layout! Marlene is right, you do have some great embellishments! Where do you find all of these?!

A lot of my embellies are Karen Foster or Jolees. The ones on this layout are Karen Foster. I order a lot online, but we have a lss 60 miles from here called Ben Franklin Too. It is a huge scrapping store and they have so much stuff in there, I could spend 2 hours in there and still not see everything. If I ever get my room completely organized, you would see all the goodies I have. TONS OF IT. I love 3D embellies on my layouts.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I pm'd you both about the prima sprites.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

off again to do a little more cleaning. LOL Not getting much done though.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I pm'd you both about the prima sprites.

i got it, thanks yvonne

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to rachelk

I have actually gotten the laundry done while putzing around my scraproom. They are right next to each other so it is annoyingly convenient.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Right now, I'm watching paint dry. Really.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
leesa, how are you today?

Hey Rachel! I am doing good today! How about you? We just got back from Babies R Us.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Right now, I'm watching paint dry. Really.

lol

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Another thing I'd like to know are opinions on digital scrapping? Have you tried it? Do you like it?

I have not tried it. I am a tactile person, I like getting the ink on my fingers and touching the papers and embellishments. I realize it is a whole different set of skills and some of the work is beautiful, but to be honest, it most of it looks like advertisements to me (and there's a whole lot of that around to lift).

Really my first pages were digital. Back in 1992. I made my own digital ablbum using a 386 PC with WordPerfect 3.1. I made our wedding album for my inlaws and children.

Then in mid-90's starting using papers.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie... This entire 80+ page album was all digital using a Scrapbooking software. I did this while traveling. I only had the digital pix from my sister and this was the fastest way to get them done. Some of the pages are premade in the software but most are scanned in stuff from the kit I bought for the album. Do ya know there's no twins themed albums/kits for boy and girl twins?

I do prefer paper/manual scrapping but dig-scrapping is cheaper and alot less messy.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I'm trying to catch up here. So expect some thread jacking!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Just looked at the COF blog, no answers to the blog right? I have a question, who's cat is that? It's Siamese, shouldn't it be playing Mah Jong? I love that game on the computer.

That cat image is one of several images I downloaded for laughs. I was inserting images like this one on the VCW blog to encourage the VCWers to remember to update. Wait until you see the Jedi kitty!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hi Viv. Gotta go to dinner. My ds cooked, so it'll probably take until tomorrow morning to clean up.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Took Bradley back. He didn't want to go back.

On the drive back, it was an hour long argument/disagreement with me and dh. Still not resolved and probably will never be. I should be used to this with dh. He doesn't realize the issue is not our son but us. I should have driven alone. Now he's kinda in a panic to get some things done at home since he was gone all afternoon.

Gotta tally the Bling votes and set up a poll but want to catch up here at CoF first.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Thanks to Viv for that tip on using F5 to refresh the page, that is so handy and so much easier that going back a page then forward again.

So glad that helped!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - did you see the post that I asked everyone if they could teach a class at Viv's sanctuary what would you teach? I'm interested to know that about everyone. I said design and balance.

You might surprise yourself. Just get around beginners and you'll find yourself teaching all sorts of things.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends

Got Yvonne's images to CoF's faves.

--Vivian

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Circle of Friends

Gotta go do some things and catch up on the VCW thread, too. So I'll come back to Yvonne's stuff in just a bit.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Bye! Have fun!!! (I really need to do that, too!)

I did NOTHING out there all week. Hoped to be out there all day tomorrow.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I noticed that I missed three pages while I slept through the football game.

Carrie - I used to HATE typing Interrogatories, boring! They ask the same freaking question 10 different ways.

I just saw a lo with the Ambrosia collection and she lives in Chile. Anyone seen Luzma's work?

I like the stocking idea Leesa.

Anyone started any Christmas presents? I'm waiting for a couple chipboard books to come. I am going to use the Paper Dolls Cricut cart to illustrate a couple of stories I used to tell my kids when they were little. I'm looking forward to starting. They don't pay any attention to what I'm doing in my scraproom so it'll be easy to pull off.

yes, i think shes on my buddy list, she has beautiful work and always leaves me such sweet comments, i love her stuff

I love her work

Luzma is one of the nicest people you would meet, I have pm's from her and she doesn't always write a lot but she does acknowledge all my LO's and gives heaps of credit when she thinks it's due.

Both her and Lizzy Wurmann were pretty isolaed scrap wise until they met up with each other and now they meet regularly to scrap together.

She is in a couple of groups already I think otherwise I would suggest contacting her. I just love her work, it is so tidy and each LO is unique, sort of like stephanie Garbetts's, just love her work as well.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Too cute! Love the color combo and the flowers and how the letters are done! I agree with Rachel about bringing the photo and flowers more to the center.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Yvonne, had a quick look at your LO and clocks, they look great but I will go back and critique and give love on gallery etc after I've had my walk. Got to make the most of the nice weather and dh has to go when 'he' wants to go....hmmm he can't understand I have better things to do like being online when you ladies are so I can really chat.

Can you also send me the link for those flowers please Yvonne. I got a whole pile of gorgeous flowers from the other site I buy online from just a couple of days ago. Think I put that site up, its similar to this one except they have different things and postage is a lot less which is handy for me. I have used a couple of flowers on my LO I'll be loading up after my walk.

Just went to upload and my camera battery was flat, it's my old camera because I can't find the software to load to my 'apple mac' to use the camera I take the photos with. Luckily the memory card is interchangeable but the batteries aren't, so just put it in to charge and will do when I get back.

Rachel I got back into the chalking on this LO, still not like you do it but I'm getting better, I do like it better than ink which I have always used, feel like I have better control.

I have quilting today so need to get going on walk otherwise I won't be back in time to leave for quilting, don't feel like going as I hate having to cart my machine, cutting board and rulers etc,not to mention quilt, but this is the last class so happy about that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I have a page almost finished, but am getting too tired to push on.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Hey Lesley! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

This photos shows some of the shiny much better. I must be missing something. Besides putting info in the star what else was changed?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I'm in my scraproom!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Ok, I have to admit something here...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF GRUNGEBOARD!!!!!!!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I noticed that I missed three pages while I slept through the football game.

Carrie - I used to HATE typing Interrogatories, boring! They ask the same freaking question 10 different ways.

I just saw a lo with the Ambrosia collection and she lives in Chile. Anyone seen Luzma's work?

I like the stocking idea Leesa.

Anyone started any Christmas presents? I'm waiting for a couple chipboard books to come. I am going to use the Paper Dolls Cricut cart to illustrate a couple of stories I used to tell my kids when they were little. I'm looking forward to starting. They don't pay any attention to what I'm doing in my scraproom so it'll be easy to pull off.

yes, i think shes on my buddy list, she has beautiful work and always leaves me such sweet comments, i love her stuff

I love her work

Luzma is one of the nicest people you would meet, I have pm's from her and she doesn't always write a lot but she does acknowledge all my LO's and gives heaps of credit when she thinks it's due.

Both her and Lizzy Wurmann were pretty isolaed scrap wise until they met up with each other and now they meet regularly to scrap together.

She is in a couple of groups already I think otherwise I would suggest contacting her. I just love her work, it is so tidy and each LO is unique, sort of like stephanie Garbetts's, just love her work as well.

i ADORE lizzy, she is so sweet and talented, just love her stuff!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Yvonne, had a quick look at your LO and clocks, they look great but I will go back and critique and give love on gallery etc after I've had my walk. Got to make the most of the nice weather and dh has to go when 'he' wants to go....hmmm he can't understand I have better things to do like being online when you ladies are so I can really chat.

Can you also send me the link for those flowers please Yvonne. I got a whole pile of gorgeous flowers from the other site I buy online from just a couple of days ago. Think I put that site up, its similar to this one except they have different things and postage is a lot less which is handy for me. I have used a couple of flowers on my LO I'll be loading up after my walk.

Just went to upload and my camera battery was flat, it's my old camera because I can't find the software to load to my 'apple mac' to use the camera I take the photos with. Luckily the memory card is interchangeable but the batteries aren't, so just put it in to charge and will do when I get back.

Rachel I got back into the chalking on this LO, still not like you do it but I'm getting better, I do like it better than ink which I have always used, feel like I have better control.

I have quilting today so need to get going on walk otherwise I won't be back in time to leave for quilting, don't feel like going as I hate having to cart my machine, cutting board and rulers etc,not to mention quilt, but this is the last class so happy about that.

oooh, i cant wait to see lesley, you have no idea how thrilled i am that you girls are trying chalks! i feel like the lone chalker on this site, people leave me comments like, "wow thats chalk, ive never used it before!" i just cant imagine, lol

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

at least you arent smelling your sharpies or something!
BTW i luuuuv the smell of new paper, its like heaven to me...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

I've never used chalk either. Which brand was it that you said you use and like the best? I'll have to add it to my Christmas Wishlist. hehe

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

leesa, did you get some good stuff at babies r us today? i love that place, its so awesome, they have everything you could possibly think of, and then some.
and how is little Noah feeling? hopefully that darn stomach thing goes away soon, i do think of him, i just hate to see babies sick

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

Ok ladies, i am off to bed, didnt get much sleep last nite b/c i am in such pain with my back, have to call the specialist tomorrow b/c the last 2 days my rib cage area feels like someone beat me up, i pretty much cant even move without hurting. Im just so sick and tired of, well being sick and tired!
everyone have a good night, talk to ya'll in the am when i commence the usual thread jacking!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
leesa, did you get some good stuff at babies r us today? i love that place, its so awesome, they have everything you could possibly think of, and then some.
and how is little Noah feeling? hopefully that darn stomach thing goes away soon, i do think of him, i just hate to see babies sick

Noah's the same... We have expanced the BRAT diet and he is getting some other stuff like chicken and beans now.

Babies R Us- No, not really. We went in there to check out double strollers. Hopefully this is our month!!! I also love BRU and could stay in there for hours and hours!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
Ok ladies, i am off to bed, didnt get much sleep last nite b/c i am in such pain with my back, have to call the specialist tomorrow b/c the last 2 days my rib cage area feels like someone beat me up, i pretty much cant even move without hurting. Im just so sick and tired of, well being sick and tired!
everyone have a good night, talk to ya'll in the am when i commence the usual thread jacking!

Good night! I hope nothing is serious. Please keep us informed!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
I've never used chalk either. Which brand was it that you said you use and like the best? I'll have to add it to my Christmas Wishlist. hehe

AHA! another converted! LOL, i will post the products here leesa...

BTW, Pebbles chalks come with the greatest applicator EVER, its awesome, it has a wood handle and a little gripper with "teeth" to hold tiny little cotton balls, its genius!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

Thanks for posting the chalks, Rachel!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

I just finished this layout using the new BG Urban Prairie paper and I am in love with this paper!!! The colors aren't very bright and vivid since I didn't have any natural light. I will take another picture to upload tomorrow. Please critique!

Daddy & Me By Amigosa

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

it smells ??

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Noah's the same... We have expanced the BRAT diet and he is getting some other stuff like chicken and beans now.

Babies R Us- No, not really. We went in there to check out double strollers. Hopefully this is our month!!! I also love BRU and could stay in there for hours and hours!

OOOhhh !! I do hope it is your month Leesa...lol

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

it smells ??

YES!!! And... it smells GOOD!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

We are just so excited to have another baby.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

We are just so excited to have another baby.

I'm excited for you....I loved it when number 2 came along...I hope you have a girl just thing of all those pretty pink LO's...lol...good luck, keep us informed....

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well his is my LO I did yesterday, my first 'real' attempt at chalking but wasn't sure what to use to put it on with and have just read that Rachael uses cotton balls....it hasn't come out as bold in photo as it looks IRL...please critique.

In Daddy's Garden By Slywalker

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Got to go now and get ready for quilt class, want to stay home and start another LO now I've started to try some different things but nothing much on telly 2night so will get something started then.

Cheers all have a good sleep.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Leesa, love 'Daddy & Me', the paper is gorgeous, bet your glad you are going into pp now, and you have matched it up beautifully with the colours of plain paper,,,love it all.

I in all honesty don't think anything needs changing, but if you wanted to add to it I would like to see you try pen stitching about 1/8 " in from scallop edge in either black or whatever colour you choose and perhaps some inking around edge of green backing paper (can't remember whether you like inking or not though). These are only thoughts if you want to add to it because I really love it as it is, great design and what a gourgeous pic.

I entered my LO and it showed on the thread, then the screen flashed and it as well as your LO has changed to just the 'link', has that happened to yours as well?

I usually don't say anything about LO's until late arvo because during the day the sun shines on my screen and I can't see details properly.

Don't know whether this has been the case here or not, as I mentioned you adding pen stitching to scalloped edge and now late in arvo I have just gone in to leave love on gallery and instantly saw the pen stitching there, don't know whether you've changed it or I just couldn't see it before.

Great LO, love it, saved the design to favs.

Edited by slywalker on 09-28-08 11:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Now I've put that up it has come back....

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Oh, I'm sorry... I was editing my image. I was adding to the description of my layout. lol

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Lesley- Your layout is just beautiful, as always! You have such great details on all of your layouts and I love it. Great work with the chalk! I am just not sure what I would change on this. There is something not quite right for my eye. I will have to look at it some more and get back to you. lol sorry... I just think its late. I should get to bed soon!

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to Amigosa

I added Leesa and Lesley's layouts to the COF favorites.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Circle of Friends

Finally finished tallying and got the poll up for the Bling Challenge.

Rachel made it into the top five!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Oh, goodie! Nothing is glued down.

Let's see... The chipboard, what do you think of white or yellow, shiny of course.

I think the photo needs a mat for just itself. I think it would look great if the mat matches whatever you color the letters.

Do you have a pencil embellie you could add? Maybe at a slant?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

For the letters, what a nice chocolaty brown? Otherwise, nothing, don't change anything! It's fantastic!!! Love how the signs/embellies over lap some.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Love the use of earth tones in this. I think matting the photo will help it pop out more. If not framing/matting the photo, somehow outlining it or something to draw it out.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
I just finished this layout using the new BG Urban Prairie paper and I am in love with this paper!!! The colors aren't very bright and vivid since I didn't have any natural light. I will take another picture to upload tomorrow. Please critique!

Daddy & Me By Amigosa

Love the use of the bright yellow, really draws the eye to the photo. Love the use stars.

I'm still shaking on mixing pp, so I applaud what you did here!

It's that odd number thing that I'm still hung up on. What about a 3rd star above the title? Otherwise, I think it's great.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Daddy & Me By Amigosa

Love the use of the bright yellow, really draws the eye to the photo. Love the use stars.

I'm still shaking on mixing pp, so I applaud what you did here!

It's that odd number thing that I'm still hung up on. What about a 3rd star above the title? Otherwise, I think it's great.

It's funny you say this because I really do want a third one up there... but my very last grungeboard star is weird shaped so I didn't want to put it up there. lol Should I put it there anyway?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Ok, I *really* have to get to bed! It's already midnight!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Oh! I didn't realize how late it is! I snoozed some in the car today so I'm really thrown off.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Well his is my LO I did yesterday, my first 'real' attempt at chalking but wasn't sure what to use to put it on with and have just read that Rachael uses cotton balls....it hasn't come out as bold in photo as it looks IRL...please critique.

This is so pretty! Love the little touches like the little clock/watch, dragonflyu and rain looking bling. How you did the photo is great!

Great job on the chalking!

Is that paper under the photo embossed? It looks great. Did you chalk that, too?

I'm really not sure, something is off. Maybe the title and how it goes straight then tilts? What do you think of making it straight but having it start at the bird at the top and go down in the area you chalked to the right of the photo?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Going to bed now. Good night.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

You might surprise yourself. Just get around beginners and you'll find yourself teaching all sorts of things.

well, I do teach my dd's.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

This photos shows some of the shiny much better. I must be missing something. Besides putting info in the star what else was changed?

I repainted the letters, they are a shiny yellow now. I put green cardstock behind the star and moved the bus down a little.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • rachelk Said:

me too

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I will go back tomorrow and critique the layouts ladies. I need to get to bed too. it is almost 1 am.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:

This is so pretty! Love the little touches like the little clock/watch, dragonflyu and rain looking bling. How you did the photo is great!

Great job on the chalking!

Is that paper under the photo embossed? It looks great. Did you chalk that, too?

I'm really not sure, something is off. Maybe the title and how it goes straight then tilts? What do you think of making it straight but having it start at the bird at the top and go down in the area you chalked to the right of the photo?

I like that idea with the title Viv, and now you have drawn it to my attention it makes me think the water has dried up and the title is wilting ...lol... will see if I can get it up and change that but won't be able to photograph until tomorrow morning as it's too dull outside now.

I ran the white frame through an embossing folder on my Cuttlebug and yes I did then chalk the raised areas....still on 'L' plates with the chalk but I really am liking it and it's possibilities.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I will go back tomorrow and critique the layouts ladies. I need to get to bed too. it is almost 1 am.

Gee Yvonne, first me on Friday night (our time) till 2a.m. then Leesa your Saturday night till after 1.am. now you up till 1 a.m. also....we are getting bad....or just dedicated scrappers?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Of course I want you to PM me that info also! haha

Love all the clocks Yvonne, pp colour choices and flowers have been well selected and all tone in so well, bet they are happy to have these in their rooms, you make me feel like getting in and doing my clock now...mine is a little different though, its a Kaiser Scrapbooking one and you really need to put a lot of work into 'altering the frame' because it isn't like yours, mine only has a small clock face and the rest is for altering....mmm you got my brain ticking over....just love yours.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I agree with Marlene's suggestion and also colouring the lettering, do you use rubber stamps? If it was mine I would be intermingling some flourish stamps down the side, or you could do that punch hole method that I use and put a piece of corresponding colour behind it so that becomes an embellishment in itself. You could also twist a piece of ribbon down the side or thread a piece in and out down the side and put like a pencil or pen embellishment at the ends of it.

Great colours though and love the pic, certainly on the right track and doesn't need much more in my opinion.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

First Deer By Lilmrmaid

This is a really great Lo Yvonne, I saw where Viv already suggested painting the lettering brown, think that will really top it off beautifully, don't think there is another thing you want to change,I just love it.

Strange for me looking at a shooting prize being a deer, we do have them here but only in very small numbers and you aren't allowed to shoot them, but your not allowed guns here either, you only see them here as cute little things in the Zoo like Bambi....but the other side to it is you guys probably think our Kangaroos are cute and cuddly but they are a real pest and in plague proportions so there are a lot of licensed hunters who go out shooting them almost every night, they are allowed to do it if a farmer says it's affecting his business, one farmer who plays golf and has a large property near here actually had 600 killed on his property a couple of months ago, that will probably shock a lot of people in other countries....so no difference between the 2 I know.

In fact the Kangaroos are a pest to us even, they are even in our drive at night and eat absolutely everything they can get to, so everyone has fences up everywhere, don't know if you remember on the pics of my house where I took a pic walking along the drive, well there is quite a high brick wall there and one night we watched out the window as one actually jumped the fence there on to the garden, dh was furious.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Think I've finished thread jacking, Yvonne you have been so busy and everything is great, better get off and try to fix mine now.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

lesley, this is soooo soft and pretty! i love the negative space, and the chalking looks great.
My only suggestion is to make your chalk deeper around the pic, i LOVE the little strip that you chalked and laid across the photo, that has great contrast! are you using the little eyeshadow applicators? if so i would just take a little deep pink/maroon chalk on the tip of the applicator and use it to deepen {just the very border} around the photo...dont try and make it look perfect while you're doing it, make it deeeeep! then, take your finger and lightly blend it out into the existing chalk, not all the way into it, but about half way.
THEN, i would take a cotton ball (or other wider applicator) and use white chalk around the outer part of the existing chalking around the photo.
blend the white IN and OUT, sweeping lightly both ways. that should blend all the colors together nicely.
i hope this is making sense and i havent just rambled nonsense to you, its hard for me to explain, lol
i really love this one lesley, you did a beautiful job!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

Daddy & Me By Amigosa

leesa, this is adorable! those papers are awesome, you did a great job with the lo, it looks perfect and clean, love it!
i would just suggest more color/contrast, but since you said the pic isnt really showing the true color, maybe I will wait and see the new photo of it and then see how it looks.
to throw something out right now, how about some distressing around the scalloped paper?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

Finally finished tallying and got the poll up for the Bling Challenge.

Rachel made it into the top five!!!

OMG!!!! i saw that this morning Viv! thats the 1st time i've ever made the poll, big deal for me!
thanks viv!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • slywalker Said:

lesley, this is soooo soft and pretty! i love the negative space, and the chalking looks great.
My only suggestion is to make your chalk deeper around the pic, i LOVE the little strip that you chalked and laid across the photo, that has great contrast! are you using the little eyeshadow applicators? if so i would just take a little deep pink/maroon chalk on the tip of the applicator and use it to deepen {just the very border} around the photo...dont try and make it look perfect while you're doing it, make it deeeeep! then, take your finger and lightly blend it out into the existing chalk, not all the way into it, but about half way.
THEN, i would take a cotton ball (or other wider applicator) and use white chalk around the outer part of the existing chalking around the photo.
blend the white IN and OUT, sweeping lightly both ways. that should blend all the colors together nicely.
i hope this is making sense and i havent just rambled nonsense to you, its hard for me to explain, lol

ok, i do have another idea lesley...what if you (after my first suggestion) took the top borders off and moved the title there instead, setting the "garden" as Viv mentioned, down the right side of the photo?
BTW, those flowers look AMAZING! what kind are they? are they paper?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • slywalker Said:

ok, i do have another idea lesley...what if you (after my first suggestion) took the top borders off and moved the title there instead, setting the "garden" as Viv mentioned, down the right side of the photo?
BTW, those flowers look AMAZING! what kind are they? are they paper?

Thanks for the chalking lesson Rachael now I know how to do it, well I know how to 'try' to do it. That is actually a piece of ribbon along the bottom, I can't take credit for being that good with blending.

The flowers are called 'Painterly Petals' by prima, I got them in my last parcel from blackberrypaper.com, they are really cool and have like a splatter of paint over the centre and out moe lightly over the petals, don't like to use too big a brad because it hides the feature. I love them.

Have moved the lettering to where Viv suggested, can't get it straight down there because not enough room to put spaces between words and unfortunately letters getting a bit the worse for wear, would like to try along top though as I'm not entirely happy with the border edge there and then the leaf stamping, did that because of the garden theme but might try lettering there if I can get it off. Think I will fiddle with it a bit , the white frame has been embossed and I ran the chalk over the raised embossing to pick up the raised edges and I have a trim of lace around the photo so would have to move that as well.....but I am willing to try anything to get it right, if it can be done.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Oh !! almost forgot your great news....congrats on making the top 5 in the 'Bling' challenge, excellent news.

Love your new Avatar, what a gorgeous photo, not that the previous one wasn't just as gorgeous.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

i know its hard to move stuff lesley, no one likes to do "scrapping surgery" as i call it. but it really is beautiful just as it is, so dont feel like you HAVE to change it
are you having a good day?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics