Page 4 of 37 
Username Post: **The Sphinx Sisters**        (Topic#1481291)
peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

Hi girls!

sooooooo sorry I have been awol for a couple of days! I went back to work this morning (boo) and had a busy day! I did some running around this past weekend including some scrappy shopping!

I put my xmas decorations up last weekend so they have been up for over a full week already! Love this season.
Erika I think it was you that said kids make for a more special Christmas (or something like that) and before I had my dd, it was just sort of a holiday but now she's brought the magic back in it.

I did a couple of new layouts ... will post in a bit. Off to the gym now and then to soccer.

Will catch up when I get back!

Edited by peenut_23 on 12-01-08 03:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

ooooooooh oh oh - I started a blog!

jillelizabethsarginson.blogspot.com if you want to have a peek and maybe leave me a comment or two!

chat in a bit

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

Come on, Rose! Ya know ya wanna!!

Jane-Its funny that you said first clean the bathroom, then scrap! I perform what I call the "Work Reward" system like every day!!
Do something like a chore, dishes, laundry, ironing, etc... BEFORE I can be rewarded with an afternoon of LSS and scrappin'!!
Its something I need to do to keep my sanity believe it or not. And to fight off the guilt! LOL!! Hard work, discipline, and commitment first. Reward and fun later! Don't get me wrong, sometimes I only do half the dishes (my least fav. chore ) and then its on, baby!
Take care!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to elombardo19

The 4 Layers of Football By Elombardo19

Its actually NOT of Titus! Gasp!! TFL!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Little Ms. Storyteller By Peenut_23

Abigail's 1st year By Peenut_23

Abigail's 1st year - left side By Peenut_23

Here are my latest ladies!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to peenut_23

Do you guys know how to clean up my gallery a bit? I was wondering if there is a way to move things off of the "all my images" to just the designated album? I have them marked to not be in the main album but specific subject albums. Do I have to delete them altogether? I have one or two nice LOs on page two of my gallery that I don't think people get to see. I know I don't always go past page one in others galleries (sorry). I just feel like those LOs are the red headed step children and have been forced to sit in the back backseat of the station wagon. You know the one. The one that faces the back, sadly.

Any suggestions? TIA!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

y'all are going to think me crazy...but it works for me. I set the timer on my oven for 15 minutes, clean for 15, scrap for 15, clean for 15, scrap for 15...and yes, it sometimes is hard to leave the scraping, but I promise myself that I'll be back in 15 minutes and can fully concentrate on the scrapping without guilt. I use the oven timer because it WILL NOT SHUT UP.

I don't have any good suggestions about the gallery clean up. You used to be able to move pictures around in your gallery, but we lost that feature with an upgrade. The only suggestion I have is to make a 'hidden' album, and make sure you specify that it isn't viewable by public, friends or best friends, by choosing 'password'. Then move enough pictures off the first page into that album so that the pictures you want to be on your first page are. The problem with that is that people can't see your newer work. Another option would be to re-load the layouts and hide the older copies...that way you don't lose any comments.

Edited by Rosita on 12-02-08 02:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-02-08 04:46 AM
In response to Rosita

Hi everyone!!! Wow, busy thread over night!

I haven't done a thing Christmas yet at all!! I'm just not motivated, at all!! I know I made the comment somewhere about the older my son gets, the less exciting it is to decorate for Christmas. He used to my mojo for getting the tree up. Now, I have to beg him to spend 10 minutest helping decorate!!

**Jill** Go to my homepage and click on "Calling All New Bloggers" add your blog addy there and I will put you on the first thread. I know I say it's closed, but it's my challenge and can add if I wanna!! I started so us newbie bloggers could get some traffic.

Erika - You have to delete stuff. I just finished deleting most of the pictures I have taken over the past two months for the Photo Challenge I am. There were way to many many pics and none of my Layouts were getting looked at.

I was thinking about starting a 30/30 Thread. It would be for posting layouts that have been in your gallery at least 30 days and have less than 30 comments. Would any of you want to join it??

Work first play later - argh!!! Rosita, I actually like your system!! I think I'll try it.

Okay, think I've rambled on enough!! Have a great day ladies!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim,

Thanks SO much for the note about the blog, gonna do it in a minute!! I think I remember seeing your thread but I didn't have a blog then!

Also, I'd be into the 30/30 thread ... I've done similar ones before like post your first layout ever uploaded to sb.com , etc. This sounds like it would be fun!

Rose - that's a great idea about the oven timer! My house gets SO messy!! I might have to try that!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! It's snowing here today, get my stitches out today from my surgery - YAY, they are driving me crazy ... !

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-02-08 08:22 AM
In response to peenut_23

Started the 30/30 Thread. Let me know what you all think of my rules.

30/ 30 Thread

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

I'd love to be in the 30/30 thread! But all my lo's have less than 30 comments. LOL! I'm heading over to check it out right now!

I'm actually starting to get into the Christmas spirit! Presents under the tree (most of them for Zander, lol), tons of Holiday movies on tv, WHOO HOO!!! I'm so excited!

Since it is that time of year I thought I'd ask: What type of holiday traditions does everyone have? Do you do the same thing every year, or is more of a relaxed time of year for you? Do you break out recipies that have been handed down for years, or call out for pizza? I'd love to hear what everyone says!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:

30/ 30 Thread

LOVE IT Kim, great rules too!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
I'd love to be in the 30/30 thread! But all my lo's have less than 30 comments. LOL! I'm heading over to check it out right now!

I'm actually starting to get into the Christmas spirit! Presents under the tree (most of them for Zander, lol), tons of Holiday movies on tv, WHOO HOO!!! I'm so excited!

Since it is that time of year I thought I'd ask: What type of holiday traditions does everyone have? Do you do the same thing every year, or is more of a relaxed time of year for you? Do you break out recipies that have been handed down for years, or call out for pizza? I'd love to hear what everyone says!

Great questions Tiffany ... I don't think we have any real traditions. The only thing we do every year is go and visit my grandma. The last two years we have spent it alone (my dh, myself and dd) and then hung out with family after xmas since we are all in different cities. This year we are all going to my older sister's house and going to have a big Christmas there!!! BUT that means, NO scrapping for like 4-5 days (eeek!) and no sb.com either! DOUBLE EEK!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

wow...you all have been busy!!! I love it!!!

Let me see if I can cover everything!!

Jill, I love the new blog and your new LO's..sorry to hear that you will be away at Christmas and away from your scrap table!!!LOl!!!

Erika...I am so glad to hear that someone else has that little reward system!!! too funny!!
As far as your gallery goes I think you have already been given good advice so there is nothing left to say!!

Rose, the timer huh?...not a bad idea!!!!

Kim..I hope that you can get motivated for Christmas!! I will have to admit that having a little one around does help make it exciting!! Your challenge sounds fun!!

Tiffany, you actually have presents under the tree?? how cool!!!I have only bought one so far...we all picked names this year, it just got to the point where I think everyone was just buying something to be giving something so we thought that this would help with that...only having one person to buy for helps the money situation with my children too!!

I never really thought that we had family traditons but I guess if you do the same thing every year..that's a tradition huh??!!
We have always opened one present on Christmas Eve. and we still so stockings for everyone, we have Thanksgiving dinner repeat on Christmas and it is usually a pretty quite day playing games or watching movies.

I just finished my Karen Foster countdown box for my grandson today...it was just so much fun to do!!! I talk to ya later!!

Karen Foster count down box
By Photoscrapin

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:

30/ 30 Thread

Thanks! This should help get the dust off some of the LO in the back of my gallery! Wish we could still moves things around. Bummer. And I see others jumped right on the new thread!! Awesome!!

We don't really have any traditions or recipes. Puh-leez. Not my family. My mom tried the "hide the pickle" in the tree thing like a few years ago and all we do is roll our eyes. Mind you, my brother and I are well over 30 and don't really want to play games like that any more. She did get me to do it one year, but I had already started on the wine that year!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Ahhh! I have another day to go before pretty much any of my lo's have been up 30 days! And those are the ones I'd be afraid if anyone commented on them! LOL! Oh well. A few more days wait...

But I do really love the idea Kim! And the rules are great. I commented on a few even tho I didn't put up a lo yet.

But I guess now I'll answer my own question. We don't really have any set traditions. Last year we drew names of each couple out of a hat (8 people total) and spent about $100 for the couple we chose. I hope that made since. This year its $30 per person. Everyone spends the night at mom and dad's on Christmas Eve and gets up bright and early (bleh!) the next morning. There is also a Christmas party that includes all of the extended family that is thrown every Christmas eve with games and food.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

I don't think any of my layouts have gotten 30 comments, that thread is a great idea! I'll have to go check that out.

There are some recipes that I continue the tradition of making. One is a no-bake fruit cake that doesn't taste anything like the fruit cakes everyone is familiar with. I always thought people were crazy for not liking fruit cake when I was growing up, and then a couple of years ago, I tasted the regular version of a fruit cake and mine is made with graham crackers, marshmellows, candied fruit, and nuts. I also always associate divinity with Christmas. Oh, and let's not forget the pecan pie. I guess one of our traditions is putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving if not on Thanksgiving day after the feast.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

evening girls ... watching the biggest loser - anyone watch that?! I am totally addicted to reality television shows!

I have gifts under the tree but none of them are wrapped!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

Yes, I watch it. I credit that show with inspiring me to lose so much weight. There's actually someone this season who I want to lose. I'm usually pulling for everyone. I hope she gets voted off tonight.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

i watch it...sorta. Its kinda there in the background or I'm channel surfing. Or on this site!!
But like with most reality shows, I like the first few seasons and then it just gets kinda "the same".

Got the tree up! And I don't mind my ornaments too much this year. Added these neat words that I found at M's $1 bins. Hope and Joy. They're gold so they match perfectly!!
Finished this great Date book that was a kit/class leftover from my LSS. Its so cute, I love it! I've always wanted one to help me be more organized and remember birthdays and such. My mom always said my head would float away if it wasn't attached. I tend to agree,esp on the weekends!! I have a tendency to turn "it" off on the weekends. "It" meaning: being smart. I'll post it later when I can get a good pic with good light in the house.

Have you girls done your "stamping" yet??!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

I'm so proud of you Erika for getting your tree up and I can't wait to see the Date book!!

Rose I think it is so wonderful that you were able to loose all that weight!! I don't watch The Biggest Looser that much in fact not at all this season...but it's wonderful it motivated you!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Here are a couple of LO's I recently did!

Summer Sun
By Photoscrapin

We are Family
By Photoscrapin

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-03-08 05:04 AM
In response to photoscrapin

Good morning ladies!!

Not much new going on this am. Trying to get into the Christmas spirit. I'm going to purchase Christmas card and get them done tonight. That should help. And I told DH the tree IS going up this weekend...regardless of if we feel like it or not.

We sort of have Holiday Traditions, but haven't followed a single one this year!! Oh well.

Have to go buy groceries today. Maybe I'll pick up a new Christmas decoration while I'm out!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-03-08 05:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Yes, I watch it. I credit that show with inspiring me to lose so much weight. There's actually someone this season who I want to lose. I'm usually pulling for everyone. I hope she gets voted off tonight.

Oh I know who you are talking about ... I can't stand her ... she's so smug all the time. Why can't I think of her name, I've watched EVERY episode!!!
The game player!

I'm not crazy about Heba either but I think it's just because she's mixed in with the other one. At least Heba has good moments!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Morning girls, hump day - woot woot ... !

So went xmas shopping last night, made a small dent. My sister is hosting Christmas and I am getting her a beautiful basket full of goodies, I am actually proud of myself for it

I bought my dh a REALLY nice winter hat and then we saw one together in another store and he hated it! Whoops ....................... oh well, STILL giving it to him b/c I honestly think he'll like it when it's -40 degrees out!

I seriously need to get scrapping .... I'm in a slump. Okay, it's only been 3 days but I think I'm in a digi slump! sigh.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

I have never seen the Biggest Loser. For the first season or two it was on I didn't even know what it was about. I think I'll check it out. Maybe I'll get the same inspiration to lose the weight!

Okay, so my dh told me that he has no idea what to get me for Christmas. I told him that I'd give him a list and he could just pick something off of the list. But I have a problem. I have no idea what to put on the list!

So, what would you ask for? I need help! I know, this is so sad that I can't figure out what I want!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Go window shopping! You could even do that on-line while the little one is taking a nap.

Things on my list...finger nail polish, prima flowers, folding table (for guest scrappers), boyfriend, new pj's...

I wish I had thought to put down oil change, insullation for the attic, wall repair job...

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

Rose your too funny!! Kinda looks like mine...I would like all this girly stuff but really what I want is to have Santa drop a bomb on my bathroom and when the dust clears a new tub and shower, new floors, new toilet, new sink. In my minds eye, there's twinkling all around the new fixtures and such. So pretty... Also, hardwoods HAVE to be refinished, new doors thu out, etc...

I gave my bf a list one year and he didn't use it and everything sucked. But I never told him that. I think it was after that year, I gave up and we decided no gifts anymore. Oh well.

I am looking to purchase the new Canon xsi if I can find a decent deal on it, like a lens package. That'll be a gift to me from me!!

Gotta go work now-have to watch girls h.s basketball (blah!! I swear there is no worse sport to watch) and be sure no one gets hurt!
Later!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-03-08 02:40 PM

Fa la la la la la... I did Christmas type stuff today!!! HOHOHO!!! I told my dh I want him to get in the attic and get all the stuff down tonight, so I can start decorating tomorrow. I also bought a pine wreath at M's today, it was like $2. I have a bunch of mini Hallmark ornaments that were my MIL's, I'm going to tie them to it, they are too small for the tree. IF it turns out good, I'll post a photo!

I take pictures of what I want and print them out for dh, it makes it so much easier!! Right down to size and color for clothing!! I did this some today AND I purchased a few gifts including:

MARIO CART FOR ME!!!!!! Has anyone played this?? It's a total Blast!!

Well, better go get dh in the attic and then whatever for the rest of the evening!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

My dh and I play Mario Cart all the time!!!! It is a total blast! We played it every night practically when I was pregnant. I never really played videogames until he convinced me to play it with him.

Thanks for the great ideas ladies!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to luciscraper

I see that you all are an open COF and I am newly back to scrapbooking. I am also newly digital. I would love to get into an active group and make some new pals. PM if the spot is still available. Thank you.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Dana Tate

Hi girls...I just finished my Christmas cards...I made them all this year with Basic Grey 's Figgy Pudding and a little of some other stuff for elements...turned out pretty good...some of them I even hate to give away!!! LOL!!!

Mario Cart looks like fun..it has been a while since I played a video game. Used to play the Mario and Super Mario and got pretty good at Punch Out...do you know that game?!!

I sent a message to Dana telling her to come on over and then I think I am going to close the group...is that alright with everyone? Let me know what you think.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Welcome Dana!
I just started digi so if you have a question, just ask away!

Jane - did you know that we are both on the BW DT together?!

Here are my two for the Grateful Bounty kit:
Love By Peenut_23

swing. By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I don't think I've ever played Mario Kart but I know I WOULD LOVE IT!! MARIO ROCKS! Yes, the inner kid in has surfaced, lol

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

I wish we had a Wii.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

hey ladies! Just checkin in....

Welcome Dana!!!
Sooo... my so called life is going in like 295 directions all at once right now, but tomorrow is my last day of work for the semester... so yeahhhh!!!! My house needs TLC, my roots need TLC (I'm a brunette gone blonde haha), then I MUSTTT do my Christmas cards!!! I'm going take care of the roots and cleaning on Friday. Hopefully I can AT LEAST START my cards too. Saturday is my bday... so I hope to decorate my tree and stuff then. Sigh. I'm dedicating next week to cards though! Enough of my rambling...

I loveee Mario Cart. Hubby and I used to play it all the time. We are big kids!!!

As for our traditions, we don't really have any yet. We have only been married for 2 years, and my hubby was about to deploy on our first Christmas together, so we went home to see our families before he left for 15 months. He was deployed last Christmas, and I lived with my mom and brother and sisters... so we did all of our old traditions. That was funnnn!!!! I guess we'll learn what our traditions will be as the next few years go by.

I love all the new los yall have posted. I'm gonna go comment galleries and then hit the sack! Hope everyone is having a good week!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to happygirl08

Date Book By Elombardo19
This was a leftover class kit that I bought at LSS. I changed a little on the inside to suit my needs. I origianlly hated the whole title on front but then decided to use it. Whatev. If you would like to see more you'll need to go to my gallery. I tried to post mulitple pics and i screwed something up and am too lazy and tired to try again. Sorry!
Aslo never even heard of Mario Cart. Not much into video games and neither are my friends. I don't even know anyone that has Guitar Hero, but I see it on tv and in stores all the time.
Welcome Dana!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Great new lo's everyone! And I'm so glad to hear that my dh and I aren't the only ones who play video games together!

I hear about these/this all the time. Could some one explain Stickles to me? What do you use it/them for? I feel really stupid for asking.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Basically, it's glitter glue, but with finer glitter and better blue. It's not runny so you can control where it goes and when it's dry, it still has dimension. As far as what to use them for...here's a really good thread: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14747...

I stickles. Of course, if I hadn't been a member of this website, I'd be happily scrapping along without the cool things. sb.com is my resource for all my scrapbooking wants and wishes. I look in galleries, and want to be able to do some things and have to find out what they are and where I can buy them, etc. Then I have to teach everyone around here about them.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-04-08 05:08 AM

• photoscrapin Said:
Hi girls...I just finished my Christmas cards...I made them all this year with Basic Grey 's Figgy Pudding and a little of some other stuff for elements...turned out pretty good...some of them I even hate to give away!!! LOL!!!

Mario Cart looks like fun..it has been a while since I played a video game. Used to play the Mario and Super Mario and got pretty good at Punch Out...do you know that game?!!

I sent a message to Dana telling her to come on over and then I think I am going to close the group...is that alright with everyone? Let me know what you think.

Sounds good to me. We want enought people to be fun and see and hear different ideas, but not so many we can't keep up with each other.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I wish we had a Wii.

My dh told me a story that he heard on the radio yesterday. A radio station held a content Wee for Wii (a couple of years ago I think) and you had to hold your "wee" the longest to win. A lady died from it. Isn't that horrible?! The employees of the radio station all got fired apparently.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Basically, it's glitter glue, but with finer glitter and better blue. It's not runny so you can control where it goes and when it's dry, it still has dimension. As far as what to use them for...here's a really good thread: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14747...

I stickles. Of course, if I hadn't been a member of this website, I'd be happily scrapping along without the cool things. sb.com is my resource for all my scrapbooking wants and wishes. I look in galleries, and want to be able to do some things and have to find out what they are and where I can buy them, etc. Then I have to teach everyone around here about them.

That's funny Rose .. me too! A year ago I didn't even know what a brad or eyelet was and now I'm buying all these cool things thanks to sb.com . None of my friends have any idea what I'm talking about here half the time -

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

LOL!!! Believe it or not I just got some Stickles from sb.com the other day and used them for the first time on some of my Christmas cards!! I LOVE them!!!! they are so easy to use and not so messy...all my glitter glues are going in the trash!!!!

Jill, I had no idea you were on the team too!!! that is so COOL!!! I just love your pages you did with the Grateful Bounty!! awesome work!

I would like to have a Wii too~ my hubby and I did the bowling when my nephews brought theirs here one time and it was so much fun!!! we were even sore the next day..now that is great we got exercise from it or we are just old!!!! lol!
I would like to have the "step" work out that comes with it! I used to do "step" in the gym a few years back and just loved it!!!

Oh yes, is anyone else going to do the challenge?? Tiffany and Erika are the only ones that did a LO with "stamping" on it...so if anyone else would like to join in please feel free...it is open until the 8th, then I will pick a winner from the hat and send a small RAK!

Later on gils...have a great day!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Oh, I almost forgot....
Happy Birthday Wendy!!!! are you still around girl?? I hope your day is Magical!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
  • Rosita Said:
I wish we had a Wii.

My dh told me a story that he heard on the radio yesterday. A radio station held a content Wee for Wii (a couple of years ago I think) and you had to hold your "wee" the longest to win. A lady died from it. Isn't that horrible?! The employees of the radio station all got fired apparently.

What??!! Thats insane!!

BTW-I don't see the biggie about stickles. Its just glitter glue like I used in third grade. But EVERYONE here seems to LOVE it!! I personally don't have a real need for glitter glue on my layouts, but have thought about getting at least a neutral plain sliver color just because it seems like ya have to have some lately. I'm a big follower!! Or maybe it'll be in a challenge at some point!!
Thanks for the comments on my date book gals!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I have two bottles of stickles and have only used it a couple of times. It is a nice product although I personally don't have a need for 20+ bottles of it!

Jane, thanks re: the layouts. I don't think I'll do the stamping one only cuz I SUCK at stamping!!!!!!!!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Thanks Rose! I felt kinda dumb cuz I found that thread soon after I posted. Oh well. LOL. But that stuff does sound neat. I think I will get some so I can use it on the Christmas lo's I'm thinking about doing.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-04-08 01:41 PM
In response to tmgarren

I had no clue what Stickles were when people started talking about then here. I have 3 bottles, two of them my Mom bought me when I visited her lst month. I haven't used them even once!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Has anyone here printed photos on vellum? I'm thinking of trying it soon. Ya know, just to do it. I've seen some LOs in magazines and such but wondering if anyone has done it and has advice.

TIA!!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to KimKV

Hey gals, My name is Kay, aka Mother Goose. I've been here aat sb.com for almost three years. I am on site each day, but most days I don't do too much posting. I need a group like this one just to hang with. I am a homemaker and don't work outside the home. My children are all grown up. One son, dil and gd live with me and my dh. I love scrapping, collecting supplies and photography. I am a gaget person and have to have almost everything. I am addicted to paper, ribbons, flowers and yes - stickles. I just turned 60 last month. I am married to a great guy, he's retired navy and is a school teacher. We've been married almost 5 years. We were both widowed when we met. I hope to get to know all of you.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Mother Goose

Jane--1) Nope, you aren't getting old. The Wii is good fun exercise. 2) I plan on doing a lo with stamping as soon as I finish work on something.

Jill--1) You shouldn't let inexperience keep you from doing something fun. Go ahead and stamp, you'll get better by doing it. 2) I don't NEED 20+ bottles of stickles...but then again I don't NEED most of the scrapbooking supplies I have. Even though I already have 10 bottles, I still want more because I like to have just the right color when I'm working on a lo.

Wendy--Happy Birthday!

Erika--I'm sorry, I haven't printed on velum yet. I plan on doing it soon, because I've got an idea I want to do, involving a swimming lo.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Rosita

Hey Kay and welcome! I hope to get to know you better!

Erika-I've never even heard of printing pics on vellum. See, I learn something new everyday! Stickles, now this!

Rose-Thanks for the comment on my house hunting thread! That last comment made me..

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

Welcome Kay!

Erika, I have not printed photos on vellum but have printed journaling/titles and it was fine!

I am off to bed, I am SO :tired:

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-04-08 07:03 PM
In response to peenut_23

I know Kay aka Mothergoose!! She takes cool pictures!! Hi ya Kay!!

So tonight dh and I were playing Mario Cart and Peanut, he's the big yellow tiger in my gallery, walks across the sofa to where I am sitting, puts his paw on my arm, while I'm trying NOT to fall of the cliffs and literally pushed it down so he can lay on it!!! Brat!! But, at least I finished the race with out falling, it wasn't easy though. I could stop and a push him off or my little yoshi would have fallen to his death!!!

Okay, gotta go to bed now!! NIGHT!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Morning girls!

TGIF!

Taking Abigail to see Belle today at the mall - there is a princess parade and everything. I have her princess crown, dress and shoes and camera all set to go!!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Welcome Kay!!! We have a little bit in common..my husband is retired navy after 26 years only we have been married for 32 years and he is doin JrROTC in a high school along with a science and PE class. He loves it so far he has been there a month now. I also have a grown daughter and GS living with us!

Jill, I can't wait to see photos and LO's of this trip with your DD!!!

Rose, thanks for the encouraging words on the Wii!

I wanted to share this with you all a couple of friends here have already shared this but wanted to make sure you all saw it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hey Jane - check this out:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14883...

Welcome Kay - I thought I said welcome but now am not sure!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

oh cool!!! but looks like Victoria got in trouble with Megan - ForumTech!! Not sure I understand that because people post that kind of thing on here all the time...or maybe it's just mags or something hmmm...oh well!!

wendyrenee
Resident
wendyrenee

Hello everyone!! Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted! Things have been so crazy lately.
Yesterday was fantastic! DH and I babysat for the first half of the day. I was very worried about it b/c we had never taken care of her before. My DH was so scared. He kept asking me if two years old's talked, and what if she didn't like him. I guess he completely forgot about the four months that we taught Sunday school to anywhere from 8-14 two year olds.
Anyway, we went to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC to see the winners of the National Gingerbread Contest. The entries were fantastic! I'm even tempted to try it out next year. The grand prize winner was a huge carousel with lots of different animals on it. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I couldn't take any pictures.... Maybe that'll be a good excuse to go back.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to wendyrenee

Thanks for the very warm welcomes everyone!!!
My family has been in from Denver for a visit and I have been so busy with them I have not been on at all.
I am gonna introduce myself...
I am Dana..26 and a mom. In my previous life before kids I was a hair stylist. My husband and I have been married for 5 years and we have a one daughter Kennedy. She is going to be four in about a week. Tonight is her birthday party. We are taking her to Disney world in 5 days!!!!!!!!! (so please forgive me if I am gone during this very busy time)
I have just recently gone digi...but I have scrapbooked for about 4 years. I love fashion, shoes..make-up photography, and of course cooking.

I see you were all chatting up about Mario Kart. We have that four wii and we all have a blast playing togehter. So fun. My dh (JT) just got Mario sluggers, it is tough. My daughter loves to play Mario Party 8 it is very very fun for family.

So I am just gonna try to jump right in here with you gals

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Dana Tate

Thats awesome Dana....I hope you all have a great time in Disney World and Happy Birthday to Kennedy!!! again welcome aboard!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate

Thanks a bunch!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

Dana, my dd would LOVE to go to Disney World!

We took her to the mall today for the princess parade and to meet Belle. She got to walk holding Belle's hand and she met Belle and best of all, she made the local news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane - what happened with Victoria's post?

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

She was just repremanded by the forum tech, Megan about posting about another sites name on here!

Hope your all haveing a wonderful weekend so far...it's snowing here yet again!

Talk to ya all later on!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:

We took her to the mall today for the princess parade and to meet Belle. She got to walk holding Belle's hand and she met Belle and best of all, she made the local news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that is really cool!!! How old is she? That sounds really neat, a princess parade...wish we had that here. Kennedy is a Tink fan.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-06-08 06:48 AM
In response to Dana Tate

Morning.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim!
We are starting to pack today Wow!!! It looks like we are going to have very favorable weahter. yipee!!!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

I went to Disney World when I was four. Don't remember much. LOL! I hope you have a great time! I actually just bought the new Tinkerbell movie. It is so cute! Has anyone seen it?

Hey Jill, that's awesome that your dd made the local news! I'd be ecstatic too! So cute how she got to hold Belle's hand. How sweet!

Jane-I'd LOVE for it to snow here! We haven't had a "real" snow storm in years! I so wanted to take a pic of Zander's first snowfall. It'd make an awesome scrapbook page! LOL!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-06-08 12:03 PM
In response to tmgarren

So my Mom called this morning all bent because her computer was giving her a "sticky keys" message and starts asking me how to fix it. I'd never even heard of it before, so them she gets pissier about it. I try to give my dh the phone cause he said he had seen the message before, he tells me to have my son help her because he knows what it is. I really didn't want her to talk to him, because she had her, and my, nasty tone in her voice. But, he tried to help her, but couldn't get the message to go away. She was trying to send a friend an e-mail about my Grandma having been in the hospital. I told her I would send the e-mail, "No, cause then she'll send me an e-mail asking. Then proceeds to b!tch about how Mary never answers her e-mails anyway and she should just tell her where to go. So, tell her. The my mom says, never mind! I'll just call AOL! I told her it wasn't an AOL problem. And had she tried to type something in Word instead of an e-mail? She tells me she typed something yesterday and it's fine! I said, well even if it was fine yesterday, it might not be fine today. Big mistake!! She tells me she's just not in the mood to deal with this and is sick of people telling her what to do. Says never mind, I love you and hangs up!! Thank you VERY much for pissing on my day!!! I know she is under a lot of stress dealing with my dad's mom and I try to be an ear, but that was just ridiculous!!

Anyway, about 15 minutes later the phone rings, it's her. DH says to you want to talk to her and I'm like NO! Guess what the problem was?! The "D" key on her keyboard is broken and it was sticking, causing everything anything else she tried to do and error, Gee, guess someone should have told her to try typing in a different program. OH WAIT!!! SOMEONE DID!!!!!

When we left to run some errands I didn't even turn my cell phone. So we were at Game Stop and DH's phone rings. It's my mom. They, her and dad, were on the way to Grandma's, apparently she was walking the halls of the place she lives and they couldn't get her to go back into her room. She has Alzheimer's and just got out of the hospital, yesterday. She had Bronchitus, an infection in her legs and had had an other stroke. DH said my mom still had the hateful tone in her voice. Boy, I pity who ever pisses her off at the Fountains. That where Grandma lives.

Thank you for "listening".
I'd like to say I feel better, but I don't. I can only do so much 1400 miles away. And I get tired of being the I'm so sick of this verbal stress reliever. It's Dad mom, let him take some poop everyonce in awhile, maybe a dose of reality would be good for his sad depress, oh I don't want to upset him heart good!!!

Okay, I'm going to go now. Sorry to bring the thread to a grinding halt with my WOE's With ME!!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
I went to Disney World when I was four. Don't remember much. LOL! I hope you have a great time! I actually just bought the new Tinkerbell movie. It is so cute! Has anyone seen it?

Hey Jill, that's awesome that your dd made the local news! I'd be ecstatic too! So cute how she got to hold Belle's hand. How sweet!

Jane-I'd LOVE for it to snow here! We haven't had a "real" snow storm in years! I so wanted to take a pic of Zander's first snowfall. It'd make an awesome scrapbook page! LOL!

That tink movie is adorable!!!!!! I swear K did not even blink!!!
and btw I love the name Zander!!!!

Edited by Dana Tate on 12-06-08 01:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to KimKV

Kim,
It sounds like you need a hug. I hate how parents can sometimes be that way.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Kim, you do need a hug here's one: Feel better? Well, I tried! LOL! Yes parents can be so frustrating! But you can vent here any time, I'll "listen."

Dana, thanks! I was bored after getting Zander to sleep the other night and was flipping through the channels a few nights ago and saw it was coming on and watched the whole thing! I txted my dh (he worked 3rd shift that night) and told him that I wanted it, it was just too adorable to not own! So two days later in walmart we put it in our buggy! Although he did hide it under a bunch of stuff so that no one would know that we got it. LOL!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Gosh...it's been so long since I have seen little girly movies!! with dgs around all we get to see is pirate stuff, and Scooby Doo over and over and over!! I never did get the fasination with Scooby Doo but he loves it!!
Tink looks like a fun movie though I just might have to watch it myself sometime!!!

Tiffany, you can have all the snow you want...I'll mail it to you!!!

Kim...sorry your day was so frustrating with your Mom!!

I actually got a little Christmas shopping done today...just a little!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-06-08 06:59 PM

Hi ladies!

Thanks for letting me vent. Talked to my mom this afternoon. She is really just stressed to the limits. Usually she calls and just vents and I listen, she feels better and the world is once again safe. But not today, she is just hostile!!!

She shops as a stress reducer-depression aid - Lord help me when I have to clean that house!! I'm serious, a gallon of gas and a match!! Anyway, she decided to go to Archivers, to destress. Shortly after she got there was when my dad called and said you need to get to my mom's asap. You know, you're closer right now and she IS your MOM, maybe you should get involved, then you would know it wasn't anything to panic about!! So my poor Mom stops what she is doing and heads over there. She was probably 45 minutes away and dad was 15 minute. Know who got there first? Yep, her. And they didn't even need to go, that's not why they called. The one good thing that may have come out of all of it though is one on the ladies that works there told my mom she was more concerned about her having a stroke or breakdown than she was grandma and my dad heard her.

I do feel better now and thanks for the hugs!!!

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-06-08 07:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

• Dana Tate Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:

Wow that is really cool!!! How old is she? That sounds really neat, a princess parade...wish we had that here. Kennedy is a Tink fan.

She is 2.5 ... It's such a fun age!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

to you Kim!! Moms can be like that, tee hee ... I am a mom so I can say that!!

How's everyone's weekend? Mine has been BUSY! We went to my work today for an xmas party and it was fun. Just chilling out right now trying to get acu around here!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

I wanna get in on giving Kim a hug too!

On a personal note, I'm beginning to get psyched about Christmas. The gift that dd said she wanted was an i-pod (to replace the one she washed with her jeans). I woke up yesterday about 1:30 am, and didn't want to get up out of bed to scrap, so I surfed the net, and was looking on Craig's list, and found an i-pod nano for $90 still with the box, instructions, and a pink skin! Now I just have to find out what ds REALLY wants for Christmas. He's mentioned a bow and arrow set and a bike. I'm also thinking a new cell phone because his got wet, and y'know how water and cell phones don't mix...so he's using one of my old ones for now.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Rose, sounds like your kids are at that age when it's hard to find a gift for them..also, sounds like a good deal on the Nano!

I'm not sure what I have planned today, maybe a little more shopping...we are suppose to get a bunch more snow this week so maybe getting out now is a good idea!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-07-08 06:43 AM

WOW Rose!!! Great find!!! DS is almost 17, Feb. and it's been hard to figure out what to get him. We don't want to just resort to video games. We did order some shock covers for his quad and I think we are going to get him a remote car starter for his truck.

back to all of you!!

Have a great day girls, we're just chillin' at home and going to watch football.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Kim-Hugs from me too! And anytime, type whatever you want. Thats what we're here for!! I heard its bad to internalize that kinda bad mojo!!

I'm off to a scrapbook store (A's) to relax!! I had stopped by my LSS Fri and although they didn't have what I was looking for (car stuff: I wanna to a LO with title "speed racer" or something like that.) I still managed to buy a few xmas papers and Maya Mist. Have you guys tried that yet? I did't realize you have to buy 2 separate bottles: the color, and the shimmer. I wasn't happy with my Glimmermist so I thought I would try Maya Mist. Well, I ended up staying awile at the store because Cass (who owns it) totally took the time to show me lots of colors on chipboard and such. Cass is awesome! She is a really special person, so helpful and you can tell she loves what she does and is a truely sweet soul! Anyhoo-they were all out of the shimmer but I did just buy a brown. I know, I know...brown? (My Glimmermist is khaki too, lol!!) But I just don't do shiny LOs! But I do distress alot. I ink and sand like everything!! So thats how I justify my "brown" purchase.

After breakfast which my bf has brought back for me (pancakes, yummy ) I am off to A's to see if they have any car theme stuff I would like. And that is ALL I'm going to buy! Yeah, right!!!

I'll check back later with you guys!

Happy belated birthday to Wendy and Kennedy

Hi Kay, and welcome Dana!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Good luck Erika! Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for, and a whole lot of other cool stuff!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Have fun Erika! I'm taking my kids to the aquarium between church services.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

Aaahhhh...what a good Sunday.
I enjoyed my trip to Archivers, filled my basket with Hot Spot galore!! Bummer though, they did not have any car paper or embellies. Myself, and two employees helped scour(sp?) the store, no luck. But I managed to spend enough $$ that could have been a nice winter sweater!!
Now I'm just chillin in the living room, watching women's college soccer national cup finals, sipping on some hot chocolate with butter Scotch schnapps (don't knock til ya try it-so yummy) and scrappin a cute xmas LO with Titus (of course!).

What I really hate is that it will be Monday very soon-yucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

My Little Max By Elombardo19

I really think I will redo it with a different title. It was gonna be Run, Run Reindeer, but the pic just reminded me sooo much of the little dog in the tv story of the Grinch. TFL!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Ok...a few LO's of my own to share...mostly digi and I won't share them all here but if you care to look you can!!! lol!!

Erika cute page...I did like Dana's suggestion by the way but it is an adorable!!
So glad you had fun at Archivers.

Beauty in Nature
By Photoscrapin

My Shinning Star
By Photoscrapin

Love
By Photoscrapin

Enjoy your evening ladies!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate

Hi!
I am working on a digi album for my husbands granpa for Christmas today. I have to finish before we leave for vacation. (fingers crossed) My husband took his grandpa to Washington Dc to see the WW II memorial since his grandpa severed in the war. So i thought it would be a good keepsake to have the scrapbook as a memory.
My dd and her couins made Christmas Cookies here at the house today with their grandma. Fun times.
I am hoping to update my blog with all the pics and stories from the past week.

Erika I left you feedback in the gallery I hope that is okay!? adorable layout. Bummer about Archivers not having your car papers!!!

Jill 2.5 is fun and three is even more fun!!!!

Jane, YES YES watch Tinkerbell on your own. It is so so cute.

Kim, I hope things look up for you. I know my mom just left from a visit and it is so nice to have family around but it is also a big drain.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Dana Tate

Hi...again...!
Jane-great LOs!! and Dana thank you so much for the suggestion!! I also pm'd you, if that's ok, lol!!

You know what, I came here to ask something and now I have forgotten. Cr*p!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Hello Ladies!
Great new lo's everyone! I will comment in just a few.

I just thought I'd share that we looked at our first house today! If you didn't know, my dh and I have been house hunting. I started a frantic thread the other day about it. LOL! Well anyway, it was cute and comes completely funished! It was a summer home to an elderly couple that lives in Florida. But the lady's husband died recently so she doesn't see a point in coming up here anymore. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were no washer/dryer hookups in the house. You'd have to do that in the shed. YUCK! And unfortunately, Rose, no scraproom! But it's a starting point!

We are going to the bank tomorrow to see what we can be approved for before we do anymore looking and get our hopes up. Wish me luck! LOL!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

hi ladies!

Well another busy day for me ... went to a friend's for breakfast, came home, had lunch and then went off to soccer. took a shot off my face, think i have a bit of a concussion - fell alseep while playing with dd and was out for almost 3 hours! My head is sore!

Now just trying to get acu ... i have like 150 emails from sb.com !!!!

skipping work tomorrow to go xmas shopping!!!! Fun, fun!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hope to get some xmas projects done! We'll see!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

Jill, that sounds serious. do you think you need to see a doctor?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-08-08 04:42 AM
In response to Rosita

Morning everyone.

Jill - how are feeling today? Be careful with head injuries.

Tiffany - Do you have a good realtor? One that is looking out for you? When my dh and I went looking to buy our first house 20 plus years ago, we just about got taken for a ride be time! But this wonderful older woman got a hold of us and said stop!!! She was great. Make sure you guys stay away from those balloon type payments, you know the ones that start out small and increase over time. And get a fixed rate, not variable.

Good luck!! It can be fun, just try not to rush your selves.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Hi girls,

Here is my latest layout:

Claus-trophobic By Peenut_23

I feel fine today, have a slight headache. Definitely slept REALLY deep though, don't think I stirred once, oh I did when my dd kicked me in the head and when I moved her she yelled to daddy that I was pushing her! sigh ... get in your own bed!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Good morning girls!!

thanks for the love on my newest LO's!!

Dana can't wait to see the album...you will share right? and good luck on getting it done on time!

Tiffany, I hope the house hunting goes well!! and definetly don't take the balloon type payments!! It's a good time if you can get locked in at the low interest rate!!!

Jill, glad your feeling OK and just be careful!! Have a good time Christmas shopping!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Oh, I forgo Jill, Gen and Dana can you give me your birthdays so I can add them to the list on the first page??

Thanks!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Mine is Aug 29th ...

Round one of xmas shopping done. Got dh some clothes, a couple of xbox360 games, a really nice reversible belt, some socks ....

Trying to decide where to go next. Want to go and get his stocking started but if I get him chocolate, we just eat it!!!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Hello Ladies!
Great new lo's everyone! I will comment in just a few.

I just thought I'd share that we looked at our first house today! If you didn't know, my dh and I have been house hunting. I started a frantic thread the other day about it. LOL! Well anyway, it was cute and comes completely funished! It was a summer home to an elderly couple that lives in Florida. But the lady's husband died recently so she doesn't see a point in coming up here anymore. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were no washer/dryer hookups in the house. You'd have to do that in the shed. YUCK! And unfortunately, Rose, no scraproom! But it's a starting point!

We are going to the bank tomorrow to see what we can be approved for before we do anymore looking and get our hopes up. Wish me luck! LOL!

wow that is really awesome. I wish you the best of luck.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

My bday is 9/3
I am off to give gallery love.
Jill that story about your daughter in bed made me laugh. When my dd sleeps in my bed she always pushes me out!!!! I really hope your head feels better soon.
I finished Jt's grandpa's book..I hadn't planned on sharing it cause it was really plain! not my best work

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Thanks for the support girls! But no, we do not have a realtor. We just got back from the bank. The woman who handles loans was not in but she is supposed to call us back. I hate waiting...Patience is a virtue I'm still trying to grasp. LOL!

Jill-I'm sorry to hear about your head! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better today!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

When I bought my house, I went through a mortgage broker. He shopped around to get me the best loan possible. He also suggested a couple who had a lot of experience and were so sweet.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

Hi girls,

Well I got round two of shopping done - with dd! That was interesting - all she wanted to do was play hide and seek!

I was successful in my search for dh's xmas gifts.

Had soccer tonight and I am beat, so off to bed! Night ..

Dana, think it was you who commented about dd .. she comes into our bed EVERY night, always depends on time, usually morning-ish, sometimes earlier. I ask her in the morning when she comes in and every day she says matter-of-factly "One-tirty".

Okkk then ... ehheheehe ... she's cute but she's a BED HOG!! I am going to have to bribe her to stay in her own bed!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-09-08 04:55 AM
In response to peenut_23

My ds went through that gotta sleep with mom and dad phase too. How does something THAT small take up sooo much bed!? Then he went through a had to sleep just on our room, not in the bed, but in a sleeping bag on the floor phase!! Maybe this was his way of making sure he didn't have to share us with a little brother or sister!! Not that there was ever any threat of that! One is all we ever wanted. He also had one summer that his goal was to not sleep in his bed at all. Oh the places that child found to sleep!!

Page 4 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics