Page 6 of 37 
Username Post: **The Sphinx Sisters**        (Topic#1481291)
tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

I've played that white elephant game. Years ago in the high school chior. We only had like 10 people in it so it was easy to do. It was fun. If I remember correctly I wound up with junk too. LOL!

Zander's Christmas photos came back today!!! YAY!!!! Oh, they are so cute! I've spent about 45 mins cutting them out. Still not done though. I'm going to finish tomorrow.

Kim-That Christmas Tink is soo adorable! Merry Christmas to you too!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Love your new avatar Tiffany.

We did the 'dirty santa' game at work the past several years. We didn't do any presents this year though.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

"Dirty Santa" sounds like more fun!!! LOL!!!

Tiffany-glad your photoshoot worked out well. Your avatar-too cute!!!!!! He looks so happy!!!

Kim-Facebook is a separate website just like MySpace. I've avoided both like the plague!! But I'm missing out on alot of things from the college crowd. Like they post pics of their kids and family, chit chat, etc...Its like a very fancy emailing thing. It can find you people you haven't talked to since high school, college, etc. Some people find that fun and interesting. I personally don't want to be found by any of my high school people so that part of the search is blocked for me. But I am enjoying it with my college friends, some of which I haven't heard from since I left like 13 years ago!!

Plan to sit and get some scrappin done today!! Yipee!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to elombardo19

Thank you Rose! Thank you Erika! Hope your scrappin goes well!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Hello to all of you!!!!

Daughter's wedding went very well and I do have some photos...I will be scrapping sometime!! I have to finish getting one more present and then some stocking stuffers and I am finished!!

It's very, very cold here...yesterday I don't think it got above 2 degrees..and the wind was horrible...the drifting snow kept going onto the driveway and my husband and new son in law scooped a few times!! It's still cold today but we don't have the wind.

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas and I'll be back when I can!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-22-08 05:57 AM
In response to photoscrapin

Morning Ladies!! Hope all is well. It finally stopped snowing here last night around 10:00. I don't know I think we have 5 feet of snow!! LOL. Really probably close to 16 inches. DH stayed home from work today and just finished clearing the driveway. DS went back to school today, first time since the ice storm, over a week ago. Back for two days,then Christmas break. Seriously, Why?? Like anyone wants to be there for two days.

Need to pick up a few little things for dh's sock and I should be done with Christmas shopping. One would hope since Christmas is in what 3 days! Truthfully, I will be so glad when it's over.

Everyone have a great day!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

Hi everyone!
we are back from our vacation to Disney. I have lots of pics on my blog and I need to put up more. we had a lovely time. I am really tired now, but I did want to check in. Hope all is well.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Dana Tate

Since you just got home from Disney...did you know that sb.com has a huge deal on a disney scrapbook kit?

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

Welcome back, Dana!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Good morning girls,

Sorry I have been awol for the last couple of days but I was visiting my parents and dh's family for Christmas. Today I am off to Toronto (4-5 hour trip) to spend Christmas with my family. So I am gone for another 4-5 days!

So, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all ... I hope you have a fun, safe Christmas and I'll talk to you all when I get back (and I'll get caught up on love!)

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Checking in one last time before Christmas to wish you all a Wonderful Christmas!!

Glad you had a good trip Dana!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Since you just got home from Disney...did you know that sb.com has a huge deal on a disney scrapbook kit?

no thanks for mentioning it! I will check it out

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Good afternoon ladies! With Christmas Eve being tomorrow (!) it might be a lil dead around here for a few days.

Dana-Glad to know your trip went well. Can't wait to see those pics!

Jane-Congratulations on your new son! LOL! I'm happy to hear your daughter had a great wedding!

Kim-LOL! I think that's just one more way the teachers torture them! So close, yet so far!

Wishing every one a very Merry Christmas!!!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Mother Goose wishes all of you a Merry Christmas. Hope you all get what you want, for me, just being with my family is enough. Be safe, Be warm and be happy.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-23-08 04:00 PM
In response to Mother Goose

Hi ladies!! So, today I feel down the last two steps in the house and sprained my ankle. It hurts!!

But I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to KimKV

Oh Kim, I hate to hear about your ankle.

I'll probably be on here more tomorrow even though it's Christmas eve because I'll be home. I'm off for the rest of the week, and I only have to work half of one day next week I sense some scrapping time coming on.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Kim, hope your ankle heals fast!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Jane...are you a tiara girl because you're a queen...or is there another reason?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-24-08 07:17 AM
In response to Rosita

My ankle is better this mornig, doesn't hurt as much and the swelling is down some. We had crutches in the attic, so I am using one to help keep some weight off of it. last night I couldn't put any weight on it at all. I have such a great DH, he waited onmy last night, fixed dinner and made me muffins this morning!!

Merry CHRISTmas

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
Hi ladies!! So, today I feel down the last two steps in the house and sprained my ankle. It hurts!!

I'm so sorry for your injury. Let everyone else serve you this Holiday and relax.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:

Wow I hope you are okay. While we were on vacation my dh's mother fell down there stairs and broke her wrist so badly she had to have surgery!!!! She got to come home from the hospital on tuesday. Just in time for Christmas. We have been really busy trying to help her get ready for the holliday.
So i know how badly that can hurt and what damage a fall can do. I hope you are feeling much better by now.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

I hope you all had a great and very merry Christmas! We did. We had time toghether and so much fun just playing and having fun.
JT got me a wii fit which I had really been wanting. It is very fun to play. I really worked up a sweat.
We gave Kennedy a toy viloin and her grandma gave her a princess skooter. Those are among her favorite things....today!
Anyway I just wanted to get on and wish you all Merry Christmas.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Hey everyone! I hope you all have had a good Christmas!

Kim, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle but I'm glad it's feeling better.

Dana, I so want one of those Wii Fit things! They look so cool! You gotta tell me what it ends up being like. I'm so interested!

Okay, the inevitable question, What did everyone get for Christmas?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

I want a Wii Fit too!

I got my Christmas present from my kids at the beginning of November...my laptop. My sil re-imbursed me for the QuicKutz squeeze that I had decided I just couldn't live without. so she gave me the gift of not feeling guilty. Better yet, a cousin gave me a gift of knowledge...taught me how to use some free programs to get rid of nasty computer stuff and protect my computer. Bye-bye Norton! (He's one of those computer people who do that for a living, so I know he's good). I'm looking forward to seeing what my sisters got for me. I'm leaving as soon as the kids get ready. It's a 4 hour drive normally, but being as it's the day after Christmas, it's going to take longer.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Hi girls! Hope you had a great Christnas! I got a new camera bag and a new keyboard, one of those areogonomic (sp)ones, good for your wrists and and posture...anyway, it is taking me some getting used to but I think I am liking it. The space bar is weird cause you barley have to touch it to get it to space and I am used to hitting my space bar!!
I will be out of state visiting my sister and then my dh mother so I won't be back until the 1st. DH wil have his lap top but don't know how much I will be on. I will check in once in a while!

Rose, to answer your question, I am a tiara girl because of the publishing support goup I am part of. We kind of have a joke about tiar's bringing us luck in getting published, but, it works well with being a queen too!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-26-08 06:15 AM

Good morning ladies!! I trust everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day here of eating candy, cheese, sausage and crackers. Then ham and macaroni salad for dinner. More candy...I'll be in the candy free zone for a while!!

Have a great day.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

My dh and I got a few Wii accessories. Yay! We both got a remote control car. One is Donkey Kong, the other is Yoshi. LOL! We got glasses in the shape of Coke cans (I'm obsessed with coke). They are so cute! I finally got a paper trimmer so I can quit borrowing. And a cricut cartridge! I now have three! It was a good day!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

sounds like everyone had a very lovely Christmas.

I like the wii fit so far. It is pretty fun. It requires a lot of balance witch i do not have, so that is a challange, but I do hurt today from using it...an i used it again. It takes your BMI, weight and determines your body's age based on a few things. Its neat.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Dana Tate

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas!!! I guess it does pay off to be nice all year!! LOL!! I've wanted the new Canon XS and haven't been able to pull the trigger on the purchase of one yet myself, and then my boyfriend offered to buy it on Weds., (I nearly cried right there in the store cuz he whines about paying for dinner or Dairy Queen for me) but I felt so guilty about the cost I said no. Now I just look at on the internet. Its really more than I should spend. (While my job is neat and unique, it pays a low salary. The industry saying is you don't do it for the money)

Anyhoo-I have a scrap related question:
What should come first in distressing? Inking or sanding?

I've never had a scrap class so I'm not sure if there is a better outcome either way. I distress, sand, ink like everything and alot. And while I'm okay with the results...I see others in the gallery with INCREDIBLE distressing!! What am I doing wrong!!!??? TIA for any reply!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

It really depends on the project. If you sand first, the ink will find the scratches and make that area darker...if you ink first, the scratches will then be lighter. Many people tear the edges and then ink. Or another way to distress the edges is before inking drag the sharp edge of scissors along the edge of the cardstock (or your finger nail if you don't mind using it as a tool). That makes it crinkle up on the edge.

I found an artist the other day from another forum, and I so want to try some of her techniques. She uses a brayer to apply ink to her cards, and the results are AMAZING. Has anyone else heard of Zindorf? I got a gift card to Wal-mart and am going to see if they have a brayer. If not, I'm going to get some baseball card holders and put my acrylic stamps in there.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Rosita

Here is my first Disney layout!
It is from the day we went to Cinderella's Royal table to celebrate Kennedy's birthday.
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/37211/view/ 1887621/-...
Thanks for looking

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-28-08 07:19 AM
In response to Dana Tate

mms

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Hi girls!!

I am back, I am back, I am back! And I am so excited to be back! I have had a very busy week - away at my sisters for Christmas. Very busy but now am at home for a week before I go back to work. I want to find time to scrap and catch up with all of you!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas ... any new exciting news (I will go back and see it it if there was but any worth noting again?)

We had a horrible drive home last night - the fog was ridiculous and I couldn't see the road but we drove REALLY slow and finally got home - so happy to sleep in our own bed.

BIG NEWS!!! I got accepted to be published in Scrap N Art for Jan/Feb for two of my layouts: Walking in Winter Wonderland and Together is the best place to be. I am SO EXCITED!!!!

DH also got me a trip to ANYWHERE in the States - so where should we go ladies?! First thought is Florida ... any other suggestions?! I think we might go in February.

Well I am off for a bit, I have a soccer game to get ready for and I have to stop at a hardware store. I am just recovering from the flu - I have no energy and lost a lot of weight. I get dizzy every time I stand up.

I'll be back later - missed you guys!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to peenut_23

Thanks Rose! I'll keep playing around with things! I never tried a brayer either?!!

Congrats Jill on being published!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Yay Jill!!! Good for you! That is so exciting! And if you want to visit the US try NC! We have all four seasons! LOL!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-28-08 01:00 PM
In response to tmgarren

Congrats Jill!!!!
When do you plan to travel to the US, that will have a lot to do with where you may want to go.

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-28-08 01:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Believe By Elombardo19

Here's two LO i did this weekend! TFL!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Cowgirls & friends By Elombardo19

Whoops! Here's the other one!

Jane-I'm ready for the next challenge, please!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Erika, I left you a suggestion re: Cowgirls & Friends. And then I thought...maybe she doesn't know how to do faux stitching. The cheapest way to do it is to take an old mouse pad and place it underneath what you want to poke the holes in...then you take a thumb tack or needle, or piercing tool and poke holes at regular intervals, then take a pen and connect the dots. I just did a search in the gallery for this technique, and here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/searchw ords/1871... She did faux stitching at the top of the orange page, and she did faux stitching (cross hatch stitch) around the photo. What I would suggest for your page would be the straight stitch, just following the curves of the paper. If you want the stitches to be precisely the same distance from each other, you can use something small like a crochet hook to get the distances precise, or use a ruler even though that would be harder on the curvy parts.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Rosita

Congrats Jill. That is fantastic.
Glad you made it home safe.
Gosh anywhere in the states...i love florida. That would get my vote.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

your layouts are adorable Erika!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Dana Tate

Thanks guys for the comments!!
I have sometimes used a pen and did the faux stitching, but I have a tendancy to have a "heavy hand", if that makes sense.(Thats why you don't see much of doodling/handwriting on my LO) I have never done it with the holes poked thru. Checked out the LO that you linked to me Rose-could have swore the stitching on the orange was real!! I'll have to practice! I had also considered these rub-on stitches that I have, which are really cute, but pretty sure I wouldn't have enough to go around. It definetly would look cuter with it.

My plan/excuse is to go pick up a sewing machine that will work on paper!! I have one that was a hand-me-down from my mom after she got it fixed, so I could do drapes, which I did. I then tried it on paper and broke it, got it fixed and tried it on fabric again and it broke. That darn thing spends more time broke then working. Then again its from 1974. Very vintage. Its in the basement buried somewhere!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

If you lived near me, I'd give you one...I have 2.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

My question is do they all work on paper?? It seems odd to me that they would. Is there some sort of paper crafting feature I should look for??

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

They should all work on paper. One thing that I have found out is that what the bobbin is made out of makes a difference. If you try to use a metal bobbin in a machine designed for a plastic bobbin, it will mess up every time. Strange, eh?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

hiya girls,

well I am finally acu! YAY!

Erika, I usually just ink, rarely sand. I am one who finds something I like and then stick to it. Maybe I should try sanding?

Tiffany, for Christmas I got a trip (leaning towards Florida), a round border punch, tons of scrapbooking stuff (all little things), lots of workout clothes, a little portable hard drive instead of lugging my huge one around which I always do, my mom painted me a couple of things ... um I think that's it.

Kim, sorry about the ankle - glad it's better!

Well I am on vacation and up at 6:16 ... what's going on?!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

Good morning Jill. I'm on vacation too! I'm trying to get the house cleaned up because I have people coming in 3 1/2 hours to scrapbook.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

I wish I had people coming to scrapbook ... it would motivate me but then again, I have a really messy house so I'd have to clean first!

Have fun Rosita

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-29-08 06:14 AM
In response to peenut_23

WOW, I'm impressed, someone is actually scrapping!! I'm being really bad, I'm using the fact that my DH is home not to scrap. It's not we are doing things that require both of us in the same room!!!

Have to take a couple of things back and exchanged them today. Then Iwe are going to Target to get me a bookcase to go in my scraproom. It is deep enough to hold my 12x12 albums without them sticking out!! DH doesn't know we are buying it, yet. hehe. Then I'm planning on doing some organizing in my room. Then, maybe I will scrap...

My ankle still hurts and a couple of days ago some bruising came out. I've just been wrapping it during the day and taking it easy.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to KimKV

Well, I haven't started scrapping YET, but will definitely be doing some today. My desk is a horrendous mess, and they'll be here in half an hour!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

Rosita,I bet my desk puts yours to shame!

Here are a couple of new projects girls:

Christmas ornament By Peenut_23

Abigail was here By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here's another one ladies:

temptation By Peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Dh's bday is tomorrow. Yay! Which is a really good thing because his wrapped present sitting in the corner has been driving me nuts! I keep trying to convince him to open it early but he refuses. I'm very impatient! LOL!

So, being as it is almost the new year, does anyone have any resolutions this year?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Ok, sometimes I hate having OCD Tendancies. Guess how many pages got scrapped today between 4 ladies...in 5 hours? ONE. Before they got here, I was all prepared, so I decided to start reorganizing my stamps. I had taken stamps off the blocks or the acetate sheets depending on what they were on and placed them in a notebook on vinyl folders I had cut up, which is a great space saver, but sometimes the stamps would come off the vinyl folders and fall out of the notebook, and that was a pill. A friend had seen my idea and liked it, but she took it one step further and put hers in Baseball Card holders. So then the stamps are in pockets in the notebook, and less likely to fall out. So on my way home yesterday, I used my gift cards and bought baseball card holders. I spent the entire time redoing my stamp collection.
Oh well, just a little bit more, and that will be done and then I will have more time to scrap this week.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Well, after I make the stickle stands so they will be organized, and...well, you get the picture.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

LOL!! 4 ladies, 5 hrs and ONE LO!!!

I seriously think I'm addicted to shopping. I can't seem to stop these past few weeks. I blame Christmas. And my obsession as of late is thrift stores, clearance, etc...I am totally obsessed with finding something I can repurpose. Its a long story that I think I'll put in a blog, but I found these little glass canning jars and so then I spent the afternoon organizing my thousands of eyelets, brads, and other related items into colored jars. It was somewhat time consuming, but they look cute!!!

And...I got a LO done!! Although it might be over-embellished. I might have to do some editing. Its hard when you kinda like it the way it is. It is heavily embellied, I won't deny that!!! LOL!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Erika-I've been using baby food jars to store supplies like buttons and stuff. I don't let anyone throw them away. That's the same with almost anything. I examine it to make sure I can't use something off of it in a lo. I get made fun of for doing that, though. Oh well, dh doesn't mind cuz at least I'm saving money. LOL!

Rose-You sound like me when I get together with Wendy. We spend the whole time looking through supplies and magazines and talking that little gets done!

So, resolutions anyone?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Well, I was bound and determined not to go to bed before finishing ONE LO. After all, I am on vacation, and this time I'm scrapping on my vacation. So, here's what I've spent the last 2 1/2 hours on:
8-95 Vacation Left By Rosita 8-95 Vacation Right By Rosita
I don't have a scanner at home now, so I'll have to wait until I go to work to get a good scan of them to post.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to Rosita

Oh my oh my oh my!!!!

Where has time gone???? I am so sorry that I have not been around. This is such a BUSYYYY time of year... I have gone non stop for an entire month!!! I'm in Texas visiting my family right now, but will be going back to NC on the 1st. I WILL start scrappin again and i'm gonna try to catch up on here over the next few days... bear with me. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in case I don't get a chance to get on here again before.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to happygirl08

Gen

Have fun with your family. I look forward to getting to know you.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

OK, I've decided to make a scrapbooking goal...to scrap 360 pictures this year. (I didn't make a 2008 goal, so I'm going to go ahead and count everything I've done since Christmas and yet to do on 2009) So, 4/360 done.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-30-08 05:56 AM
In response to Rosita

Oh I am OCD with anal retentive tendencies. I spent most of yesterday afternoon and early evening ptting together a new book case, that was suppose to be 13.5 inches deep, for my albums. Then rearranging my scrap room and the bookcase. Today I am planning on putting my stamps into cd cases.

Hey Rose! You should join my monthly set your scrapping goals challenge.

I think we should start the New Year out with a New Challenge!!

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-30-08 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Morning girls!!

Tiffany, these are my resolutions:
a) to spend more time with family
b) to spend LESS money
c) to become more organized financially

Of course I'd like to scrap more too, lol.

Erika, you asked about the shadow on my layout - it was digital and it was an element.

Well today I am off to go swimming with dd, she hasn't been in a really long time. Then I might venture off to my friends to scrap but honestly, the day is getting away from me. Later, I have a friend coming here.

I played 3 games of soccer last night and I am sore this morning. My last game was in a men's division and I kept beating this one guy so then he called me beefy! BEEFY?! What an idiot ... anyway, I had a good laugh .. I am pretty much a stick, no really beefiness but the stuff some people say!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

I hope you get more done than we did Jill. I don't think that would be a problem.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

I just finished another lo...this one took hours because of the folding, but I like the way the flowers turned out.
July '95 visit w/ Aunt Ruth & Uncle Billy By Rosita

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Rosita

Well ya'll know about my BIG resolution: to find a house! LOL! But the "smaller" ones are: lose the baby weight, get more organized, and finish all the scrapbooks I'm working on. I'm being slow!

But anyway, here's the latest I've done:

Bo Bunny Album
By Tmgarren

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

LO and mini book look awesome girls...gonna have to go leave some love!! It always feel good to get one completed!!

As for me I am soooo out of control with my thrift-store-repurposing- junk-for-scrap-storge obsession. I one up-ed myself by finding a spice rack that twirls with 16 small glass containers for 1.50. Little cleaning, little paint, all set. Then at a different place, I got this xlarge glass container with one of those flip lids that seals down. I'm going to throw in my flower collection in that. It'll look cuter than the plastic storage bin I keep them in now. But then I thought I should buy the other smaller ones and organized my flowers by color....What is my problem???!!!

New Years Resolution time already, huh? I personally don't do them anymore, although I have been very successful in the past. For example: I pledged to not eat any extra salt for the whole year. If food came salted that was okay, but I could not add any. I did it!! and lost, i think like 6 lbs, that year. All that water retention!!! Another year I pledged to not get a speeding ticket all year and did that too!!! Yeah, me!!! Of course 3 months into the very next year, I got nailed on the expressway. Darn it!! But I haven't had one since and that was like 10 years ago.

So good luck girls with your new resolutions!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Oh and I am ready for a new challenge in the New Year as well!! I picked up two Jan challenges in the Challenges forum but they're easy ones.

Happy New Year

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Rosita, I got 3/4 of a layout done but I have a friend dropping by any minute and will get that done plus another one hopefully.

I have to set a scrapping goal for 2008 for digi and paper ... not sure what they are yet!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-30-08 02:59 PM

New Years Resolutions

Scrap more - organize less
Get back into making menus and sticking to the grocery list.
Start exercising again

That's about it, I don't want to put too much on myself!!

Hey, anyone seen our leader lately??

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Kim I like your idea of meal menus/meal planning. And even sticking to the grocery list!! I need to do that more too!!!

And I checked back see if Jane left us any info in a posting and she had!!! We forgot that she had written that she will be out of state for a few days. I anticipate her return soon!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
New Years Resolutions

How's the scrapping coming along Jill? Oh, and isn't it too late to make goals for 2008? Me, I'm considering goals for 2009.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Rosita

I didn't even catch that!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

ok girls I'm checking in from Iowa and I am so glad you all read my post!!! LOL! I can see you all pay attention..hee,hee!!!

any way I will be home by the 1st and will come up with a really good New Year challege for you guys!!!! See ya soon!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Kimberkv Said:
New Years Resolutions

How's the scrapping coming along Jill? Oh, and isn't it too late to make goals for 2008? Me, I'm considering goals for 2009.

Well, that way I can MAKE my goals right?!

Okay, okay for 2009!!! My goal is 150 digital and 100 paper. Eeek, not sure I can do that but that's the plan?!

Rosita, I did one paper layout yesterday (in like 7 hours) and 1 ornament. I am not even crazy about the paper lo but that might be a good thing b/c those are the ones I tend to like best over time!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I want to go shopping! See it's not even 2009 and I am breaking my resolutions. sigh.

I am making dh return a bunch of my gifts so that I can use that money to buy scrap stuff. Is that bad?! He got me a sweater that is TOO big and TOO pink (I love pink but it's a baby pink, ick AND ALL PINK so it's too much) and he paid $100 for it!! Plus he got me a Roots pink blingy hat ... not so me!

So that gives me well over $100 to shop with.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here's my latest ...

A perfect Christmas By Peenut_23

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-31-08 09:35 AM
In response to peenut_23

Hi all, just popping in to say hi. Not much happening here. Snowing again, supposed to all day and evening. That's okay with me, we aren't going anywhere.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Years Day!!

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-31-08 09:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Ok I'm home and wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

32 minutes til it's a brand new year! Woo!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

JCI!!!! Happy New Year!!

Sitting in bed with computer, watching Se*nfeld reruns, boyfriend snoring...Whoo-hoo!!! Happy New Year!!!

Edited by elombardo19 on 12-31-08 08:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Happy New Year!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Jill, thanks for linking the products you used on your page. I hadn't thought to look for more In Stitchz' templates this year, and hadn't seen the alphabet one! Then I looked, and :O I want more. Of course, then I'm like...and how many of the ones that I actually have have I used? Yep, need to use one TODAY so I can justify getting more

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Erika, about the ink pads...I truly didn't start out to get them, but started going to a Stampin' Up class once a month, and fell in love with them, and I love edging things in JUST the right color. If I don't have the right color, I can come pretty darn close!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

I'm so excited, I just had to tell somebody...I'm in the newspaper today. The local paper did an article about people who have lost weight, and they included me. I've lost more than twice what everyone else who they put in the article! I've still got 50 pounds to go too.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

whoooo hooo Rose!!!! WTG!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-01-09 07:02 AM

Happy New Year, Was in bed by 10 and snoring by 10:30. Pretty sad huh?

My lss is startin her going out of business sale today, so once dh gets the driveway cleared, I'm going to go see if there is anything on sale I just have to have!!

Have a great day girls!!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Erika-I've been using baby food jars to store supplies like buttons and stuff. I don't let anyone throw them away. That's the same with almost anything. I examine it to make sure I can't use something off of it in a lo. I get made fun of for doing that, though. Oh well, dh doesn't mind cuz at least I'm saving money. LOL!

Rose-You sound like me when I get together with Wendy. We spend the whole time looking through supplies and magazines and talking that little gets done!

So, resolutions anyone?

I blogged my resolutions.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I'm so excited, I just had to tell somebody...I'm in the newspaper today. The local paper did an article about people who have lost weight, and they included me. I've lost more than twice what everyone else who they put in the article! I've still got 50 pounds to go too.

Thats awesome Rose. congrats. I have 13 pounds to go and I will be at my goal and I know for me it has been no easy task to get this far...

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

I have just disapeard the past few days. I am just getting our house back in order and getting back to "normal" after vacation. That is not easy.

I hope to get some scrapping done today...but so far I have just surfed the net..bad bad bad...

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

Jill your layouts were all great. I especially love the Christmas one.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

Thanks Dana!

Rose, that's awesome! Congrats!

Here's my latest - did it with dd sitting on my lap, argh!

Christmas Card 08 By Peenut_23

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

Headed over to give you some love Jill. I just finished this lo. I think dd was 3 or 4 in this picture.
Beautiful By Rosita

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Rosita

Here is my newest one.
Belle and our Beauty

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Dana Tate

Rose-Thats awesome!! Keep it up!!! I wanna lose 10 more myself before my trip at the end of Feb.!! I've lost 10 since August and have kept it off since...but I go up and down like that all year!!! LOL!!!

Here's my first LO for 2009!!

*Wait*! By Elombardo19

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I will be sooo glad when I can scan my layouts Monday at work. In the mean time, here's another one I just finished:
Presents By Rosita

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

hi girls,

jci, great new los

I'm off to bed ...

gonna do some scrappy shopping in the am and scrap tomorrow night with a couple of friends. gotta get my rest, hehe

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Tiffany, I just saw your Bo Bunny album featured on the home page!!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Hey girls!!!

everyone has some great pages!!

I have to get my house back in order today sometime!! Gotta get the tree down and it's kind of hard to be putting things away while DH is putting in a new kitchen floor! But it's going to look great...wood flooring!!

Here are my latest LO's ... a couple of digis

Buurrr
By Photoscrapin

Baby, It's Cold Outside!
By Photoscrapin

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I have just found out that I have spent more than I had to on some things. I absolutely hate it when I spend money thinking I can't get just the right thing somewhere else when I can, just not with the same label. Please let me explain. I've been storing punches in a box, then a zipped container with 2 levels...but still had to drag it out (when I remembered) and dig through to find the punch I wanted. So I came up with this idea: Punches By Rosita Which is working well for now. But when I was putting them up, I came to the realization that the special Stampin' Up punches were made by the same company as the punches I was getting at HL. Then last night when I was linking one of the circle punches for a lo, I realized that the circle scallop that Stampin' Up sells for $15.95 is here in the superstore for $13.99...which means I could get them half off at HL for $7! And they have more sizes of the scallop punches than Stampin' Up sells. So now, I'm going to be looking in HL before buying anymore punches from SU.

Page 6 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics