Username Post: **The Sphinx Sisters**        (Topic#1481291)
Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

I am super excited...I just noticed that the two layouts that I did yesterday are being marked as Favorites! I am sure y'all are used to that happening, but I'm not. It makes me feel special, because I only make a lo a fave if I want to copy something, or look at it again later.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

That's awesome Rose!

I usually mark someone's layout as a fave if I want to copy something from it or if it has inspired me in some way.

Well, I better get ready to go out and do some scrap shopping so I can get back and plan the night!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

Good Morning!
JT and I spent most of the day lounging yesterday. He is back to work today...so I am left here cleaning...I have already got the hall closet all cleaned out. Now I am gonna go vacume. Fun times.
Have a great day ladies.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Dana Tate

I've decided to have a pajama day today. I can't remember the last time I had one and wasn't sick.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Dana Tate

Isn't that cool, Rose??!! My Wait LO that I did yesterday made the Funny page!!! I've not had that happen yet either. Yeah, us!! Really dig the hanging stamps idea...so clever, girly!!! When I ever get a "room", I'm gonna remember that!!

Well, hoping to get some scrappin' done after I do the dishes (my most despised chore) and clean up the kitchen. Its the dump and run room. You know, when you walk in the door from coming and going, its the room where you end up kinda leaving things laying around. Mine's the kitchen, clutter gets everywhere...table, counters, stove (don't use it very often), floor, etc...And then: Scrapping!!

Work Reward Program!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to elombardo19

PJ day sounds perfect!!! To be honest, I'm not out of bed yet...love having a laptop and wireless internet!!!

Here's my thrift store finds I talked about earlier on the thread:

Thrift storage storage finds By Elombardo19

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Tiffany, I just saw your Bo Bunny album featured on the home page!!!!

Ahhh! I don't think I've ever been featured! Yay! That makes my day!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

Love the new los ladies. I'm off to comment now!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:
Tiffany, I just saw your Bo Bunny album featured on the home page!!!!

Ahhh! I don't think I've ever been featured! Yay! That makes my day!

Let's throw a scrapping party to celebrate our progress.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

Well...I got nothing done today but tanning and Taco Bell. Skipped the dishes...again!! I did get a photo printed, picked paper and a few embellies and started lining things up but thats it. My friend called me and she is picking me up at 630 for a dinner/drinks with the girls tonight. Its sorta our xmas/new years celebration. We always do it after everything else. But because my hair takes like an hour to dry and fuss with it, I gotta get in the shower like now!!!

Hope you gals get some LOs done today!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Keep your fingers crossed girls, my dd is showing a little bit of interest in this hobby. I'm praying she does some. She is extremely artistic.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Rosita

Rose, My fingers are crossed! And I am so willing to celebrate! PAAAARTY!!!! LOL!

Erika, have a fun girls night!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

Jill, your two new Christmas lo's are now featured!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Jill, your two new Christmas lo's are now featured!!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-02-09 05:09 PM
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I am super excited...I just noticed that the two layouts that I did yesterday are being marked as Favorites! I am sure y'all are used to that happening, but I'm not. It makes me feel special, because I only make a lo a fave if I want to copy something, or look at it again later.

Oh I get excited when that happens too. I'm not used to it either.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Okay, I have a question for you ladies. I see that a whole lot of people on here have blogs. Is that the same kind of thing as like a family website? Do you have to have a business to have one or is it for anyone? How do you start one? And if you have one what was your reason for starting it?

Okay, that was more than just "a" question. Sorry! LOL!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

Hi girls,

Thanks for letting me know about my ... um "featurism".

Tiff, I recently started a blog for no reason other than to start a blog! I am on a couple of DTs and both asked me where I blog ... huh?! I don't blog! Plus I applied to be on a DT somewhere else and same thing. So I started one. I sent it out to a bunch of friends/family and I post every other day or so, usually when I have a new layout to post. If people are interested in finding out a technique or if they just want to have a peek, it's there. It's SO easy to maintain and easy to get started - and free

Go to blogspot.com and you can get started there!

I had my crop tonight - 2 girls plus one of the ladies daughters came to scrap. We had a good time. I got a 2 pager done, with the help of pagemaps.

Question - do you girls use pagemaps?! I have never really but got a SUPER design tonight using it.

Well I think I'm off to bed soon! Nighty night.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

Do I use page maps?
I have a notebook with all the archives printed out, and get an e-mail when the new ones are up!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

I printed a bunch once but have never used them!
I did yesterday though and it helped me b/c I had several Christmas pictures that I wanted to scrap.

Morning everyone!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Hi girls!!

Congrats to all the featured LO's and the votes on favs and funny!!!!
It is always so cool to be appreciated by our peers!!!!

Tiffany...I started a blog for a photography challenge and it went from there...I have sent my blog link to lots of DT tryouts too so it comes in handy for that and yes, like Jill says lots of DT ask you to have one. I don't share a lot of family news stuff on there but I post a lot of my LO's there. Most are repeats of what is in here, however, I do feature a lot of my photography on it. (well, not so much lately cause I haven't been taking photos!)
But like Jill says, go to Blogspot.com they lead you right through the steps!!

Jill I use PageMaps, Pencil Lines, Inspired Blueprints and any other place that features a sketch I may like...I have a whole notebook full of them!! Most of the time I take them out and get an idea just looking or I start working and it turns out totally different but thats cool it served it's purpose right?

Erika...I love your thrift shop finds!!!

Rose my fingers are crossed for your daughter to get just as hooked as we are!!! lol!!!

OK, I have a question for you all...do you want a challenge or not? I don't care either way...we can just keep on sharing here and that would be fine or we can have a challenge every now and then to keep us going. We could take turns picking a subject to scrap or a technique to use and then just share with each other, whatever you would like you let me know what you all would like to do...this is your group after
all!

I have to help DH finish laying the floor this weekend and go grocer shopping!! Fun huh?? It has been so long since I have scrapped a paper page that is and I am getting anxious to get to it...looks like it will have to wait until next week when things get back to normal!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to photoscrapin

To challenge...or not to challenge...that is the question.

either way, I'm happy.

I halfway created a blog a month ago, and after the talk on here, I worked on it some. I found a blog template that I really like, but I can't get it to work, so I guess I'll just stick with what I have.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

I hadn't ever heard of pagemaps?? Sounds like its a lo template/sketch tool?? Do you just google that??

Going to put on some music and FINALLY do the dishes and maybe work on my LO this afternoon.

Wish me luck tonight...I have a soccer tourney and I will be the oldest one out there!! I haven't ran in two weeks, so this might just kill me!!! Why do I do this to myself!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Erika, good luck in the tourney ...

go to pagemaps.com. You will LOVE it, I think anyway.

I'm off to soccer soon too but in the meantime, think I will digi scrap!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Wow, it's quiet in here ...

Here's a layout I did tonight:
Flower Girl By Peenut_23

I'm not sure I like it!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Jill, love the lo. gonna comment in just a min.

Thanks everyone for the blog info. I'll have to check it out!

I've never heard of pagemaps either, something else I need to do! LOL!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

I forgot to answer the challenge question ... I think it's a good idea!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to peenut_23

I anyone on line, I just need to learn to chat a little more. I can talk your head off in person but finding it a little hard to do it on line. DH is always in one chat room or another, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. So, lets get my feet wet and start a conversation. I'm glad the holidays are over so I can consentrate on doing some real scrapping.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-04-09 01:30 PM
In response to Mother Goose

Hey Rose, go to my blog (link in signiture)and in the top left hand corner is a blue square, it is link to a great place to spruce up your blog!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

I forgot to answer the challenge question, too. Let's do it!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Well, that's three that have said yes? to the challenge question..so I will first share this digi LO I just completed

Love
By Photoscrapin

and now I will tell you what your challenge is!..It is to make a LO, either paper or digital using clustering. You can make a cluster of anything you like, flowers or whatever you choose but there has to be one on there somewhere!
The due date is the 31st so you have all month! OK?

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

hey ladies.
How is everyone?? It's really late here, but my hubby and I had our days and nights mixed up from being in Texas the past 2 weeks. We had such a wonderful time. I miss my family so much. I just HATE living 1200 miles away from my family.

So my goals this year are...
1. Work out 5x/wk
2. (this is the first time im admitting this to anyone other than my hubby-- hope it doesn't jinx me or something....)
HAVE A BABY!!!!
3. Eat healthier
4. Attempt to shop less (hahaha)
5. Scrap more.

I'm happy to be back to my scrappy things so I can get back to being creative again! I have a lot to accomplish over the next few months so I might need a little push every now and then... haha. My sisters are both graduating this year.. one from college and one from hs. I'm making them both scrapbooks of their time over the past 4 years. I also really need to catch up on my "journey of us" book of me and my hubby... and I want to make a just me album. ahhhhh! So wish me luck ladies! I'm gonna go leave some love now on all the new los that are up. Happy 2009 everyone!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to happygirl08

Oh and Jane...
my bday is Dec 6th.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Gen, those are some great resolutions! You should scrap em! Just another thing to add to the list! Sending positive thoughts your way re: the baby - good luck! We *might* try later in the year but dh doesn't know it yet!

Happy Monday everyone ... officially back at work, ugh!

Here's my latest paper:

Christmas 2008 By Peenut_23

I have a couple of digi's to post in a bit too.

Jane, why do you pick challenges I suck at ... I guess that's why they are challenges - I suck at clustering!

TIP girls!!!!! There is an article in the new Scrap N Art magazine about how to cluster!!! Check it out at scrapnart.com ... you have to register (it's free) and then you can download the magazine ... and oh, yours truly has 2 layouts in it!!! First time being published so very exciting!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Happy Monday girls!!! Back to the normal routine here...real tough to get used to!!

Gotta get my house picked up and cleaned today..We finally got most of the floor in and it looks great!!! We have the entry way and the bathroom to finish but other than that it's done!

Sorry bout the difficulty of the challenge Jill but I KNOW you can do it!!! It's a tough one for me also and good deal pointing out the article on SNA...that is where I got the idea and I saw your pages Jill .... awesome!!!

I have been in a couple of there e-zines and I just love it!!! I will be in their Feb/March one too!!!

Gen, nice to see you again and I gottcha on the first page...by the way Happy way belated b-day!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-05-09 08:04 AM

Good morning ladies! Well it was back to work for my hubby and I think he was glad to go back to work. He was getting bored and feeling unemployed. I tried to keep him busy by messing up my lower back so he could wait on me. I guess the hours were too long and the pay too short..lol. Don't have the foggiest idea what I did to my back, I think it might have been from vacuuming and shampooing the stairs. I can't remember if it hurt before or after that. But, I do know that I got some drugs for it yesterday--yippee.

I was planning to do a little housework today, but darn it, the doc said no lifting and no running the vacuum, pretty sure that takes mopping off the list too. Guess I'll just have to scrapbook...don't I look sad?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Here's another digi ...

What's more fun than an empty box? By Peenut_23

Jane - congrats on being published in Scrap N Art - that's fabulous!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Oh here are my other 2 digi's, I forgot to post!

2009 Resolutions By Peenut_23

9-1-1 By Peenut_23

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Okay, I have a question for you ladies. I see that a whole lot of people on here have blogs. Is that the same kind of thing as like a family website? Do you have to have a business to have one or is it for anyone? How do you start one? And if you have one what was your reason for starting it?

Okay, that was more than just "a" question. Sorry! LOL!

I started my blog as a way to share pictures of my family. With my mom and brother who live far away from us. Over time it has evolved to recipes, scrapbooking. family stories and photos.
I used blogger. Its free. I have seen people run business from them.

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

Is scrapinart digi or paper or both?

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

Hey everyone. Happy Monday!

Jill- I think I will scrap my new years goals and put them in my "book of me" Great idea! As for the baby... good luck to you too! haha. I just LOLed at the "he doesn't know it yet." hahha. Oh and great new layouts. I have no idea how you create so many so fast, it literally takes me days to finish one. I'm so jealous!!

Kim- sorry about your back. Hope you feel better soon. Take advantage of the scrappy time!! My hubby went back to work today too. I felt pretty lonely without him.

and Jane... thanks for the belated bday wishes.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Gen-My husband doesn't go back to work until the 19th. He was laid off for a month. I'm going to miss it when he goes back because I'm really enjoying all the help with Zander and the company! Good luck with the baby, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Jill-Great new lo's gonna go comment in a bit!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

Congrats both Jane and Jill for your Pubs.
I have been pubed a few times and it is such an exciting process.

We are just doing much of the same. Jt and K are building tinker toys together. She went back to school today. She didin't want to, cause she had been home for so long on Christmas vacation. When i dropped her off she had a few tears in her eye..but she was so happy to see her prek teachers...so i knew it would be fine. She was so happy when i picked her up today...so all is well.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

I just finished this one a little bit ago. It didn't quite come out the way I wanted, but I still like it.

God's Gift By Tmgarren

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to Dana Tate

i have another from my disney album...
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/37211/view/ 1905345/-...

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to Dana Tate

Tiffany- Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me. Sorry your hubby was laid off for a month, but it is good quality time for your family. I'm gonna go comment on the new los! And here is one from me... I started this one Sat and just finished it earlier today.. lol. And that's quick for me. hahahaha

oh silly hubby
By Happygirl08

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

I love the new pages!!! Jill glad you shared and scrapped the horrible experience of your daughters....I think everyone with a child has a story something like that!

I am sharing a page I did for my design team...but I specifically did a cluster so I could share with you guys and so I could be the first one to do it!!! Now, Jill you can do it, you know you can!

It's Love
By Photoscrapin

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-05-09 06:14 PM

If you are talking about the website/E-magazine it's both digi and paper.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

• Dana Tate Said:
Is scrapinart digi or paper or both?

It's both!! They accept both for publication.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• happygirl08 Said:

Jill- I think I will scrap my new years goals and put them in my "book of me" Great idea! As for the baby... good luck to you too! haha. I just LOLed at the "he doesn't know it yet." hahha. Oh and great new layouts. I have no idea how you create so many so fast, it literally takes me days to finish one. I'm so jealous!!

Kim- sorry about your back. Hope you feel better soon. Take advantage of the scrappy time!! My hubby went back to work today too. I felt pretty lonely without him.

You know what I do which I find helps ... I save all layouts that inspire me in some way or another (usually it's the title and more often than not, they have to do with toddlers) to my desktop in a folder. When I'm wanting to scrap and not sure of what to do/where to start, I open that folder and I get inspired SO quickly!
There is SO much I want to catch up on, I guess it keeps me motivated.
We'll see about the baby ... I play way too much soccer right now to have a 2nd baby, we really need to talk about it ... !!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

• Dana Tate Said:

We are just doing much of the same. Jt and K are building tinker toys together. She went back to school today. She didin't want to, cause she had been home for so long on Christmas vacation. When i dropped her off she had a few tears in her eye..but she was so happy to see her prek teachers...so i knew it would be fine. She was so happy when i picked her up today...so all is well.

Aw, isn't it heartbreaking ... same with Abigail this morning. I had to pick her up early though b/c she had loose BMs ... so we spent the afternoon together, some of it snuggled up in bed napping together - very nice!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
  • happygirl08 Said:

You know what I do which I find helps ... I save all layouts that inspire me in some way or another (usually it's the title and more often than not, they have to do with toddlers) to my desktop in a folder. When I'm wanting to scrap and not sure of what to do/where to start, I open that folder and I get inspired SO quickly!
There is SO much I want to catch up on, I guess it keeps me motivated.
We'll see about the baby ... I play way too much soccer right now to have a 2nd baby, we really need to talk about it ... !!

I store mine in a folder like that too..it helps so much when my mojo is gone.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Jill-I looked at the mag last night. Very cool! It took me FOREVER to figure out how to download it though! I kept putting in the wrong login and pw!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
  • Dana Tate Said:

Aw, isn't it heartbreaking ... same with Abigail this morning. I had to pick her up early though b/c she had loose BMs ... so we spent the afternoon together, some of it snuggled up in bed napping together - very nice!

Is Abigail feeling better today?

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Dana Tate

Ahhhhhh! I'm slightly frustrated right now. While dh is laid of this month we've been getting (or at least supposed to get) unemployment. We got our first check today. It's a whole $64!!!! What is up with that?! This is bad...He's not nearly as worried as I am and I know we'll make it, it's just going to be hard.

Sorry for my rant, I just had to get that out.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-06-09 05:33 PM
In response to tmgarren

Hi ladies just poppin' in to see what's up. I do the same thing with layouts that I see and might want to copy. It's much easier to have them on the computer than to have to have to online.

My back is not quite as sore as it was. I go to my regular doctors Thursday morning, I bet she'll want to have x rays taken.

Hope everyone has a good evening!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Jill-I looked at the mag last night. Very cool! It took me FOREVER to figure out how to download it though! I kept putting in the wrong login and pw!

Omg, I KNOW ... it took me forever too ... !!!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Dana Tate

• Dana Tate Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:
  • Dana Tate Said:

Is Abigail feeling better today?

Thanks for asking Dana ... she still has loose BMs but we sent her to daycare with a big bottle of Gatorade (as said by the dr!) and they didn't call me even though she had loose movements. I don't think they are happy about it but we have a dr. note!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Jane, I can do it, I can do it!

I'm going to have to combine a few challenges here ... I have one for here, 2 for BW Scrapbooking, one for Tina's DT, one for Luci's critique group ... I am getting overwhelmed!!!!

I LOVE it though!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to peenut_23

I hear Jill! I'm trying to keep up with a few new challenges too! But I'm excited to do them as well!!

So anyhoo, jci and trying to catch up. This week is fairly busy due to work schedule. I only say fairly, cause there will be worse!!

Happy scrappin!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning gals!

I'm at work and waiting for a super-LONG report to run so I have a bit of extra time to ... scrap! So here are my latest. I have one more that I've been working on FOREVER and I just can't get it right!!! sigh!

my baby bump By Peenut_23

a portrait of love By Peenut_23

Tiff, sorry about DH's job and the sucky EI!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-07-09 08:04 AM
In response to peenut_23

Jill where do you work that you can scrap in betweens report?? I want that job!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

LOL!! yah, I was wondering that too!!! too funny!!

Hope your all doing well today!
We had some snow last night so my morning was messed up with snow shoveling and that is just wrong...you know it's not sceduled into my daily routine lol!!!!

I finally did a paper LO...it has been way to long and it felt really good to get my hands into it!!

All Boy
By Photoscrapin

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
Jill where do you work that you can scrap in betweens report?? I want that job!

I work in IM/IT so I sit at a computer all day!
That's why I do more digi's these days. I can usually do one at lunch.

I just tote along my external hard drive!! And plug it in!

So girls the guy in the printshop downstairs printed the ScrapNArt mag for me ... professional quality and he even bound it and it looks like a book - I am SO FLIPPEN HAPPY!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here's another one gals:

08 Christmas Wishlist By Peenut_23

For those who do digi, you should check out that Frosted kit by Michelle Coleman - OH MY GOSH, does it ever ROCK and it's free, can't beat that!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

Jill-I think i'm gonna try saving my favs in a folder. Great idea. I'm pretty easily distracted, so when I get on here to find "inspiration" I usually end up wasting away all my scrappy time. lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tiffany- Sorry about the UE drama. I can't even imagine... Yall are in my prayers.

Jane- I sure do wish I lived somewhere where it actually snows. I LOVEEE snow. I haven't seen any in almost 3 years.

Erika- hope your busy week at work is goin well.

Kim- Hope your back is feelin better!!! You are in my prayers too.

Okkk ACU I think???
Hope everyone is having a fabulous Wednesday! Gonna go leave some lo love now.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Okay, so I just got invited to be the Athletic Trainer with the USYS (soccer) ODP Regional U-16 Girls team for their trip to the Nehterlands by a friend of mine who is coaching the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its in March...I gotta race to get a passport!!!!

How kick-butt it that?? Both personally and professionally, of course. LOL!!

I've never left the United States before, 'cept for Canada which doesn't really count here in Detroit. Its like going out in your own backyard. (You feel me, right, Jill? LOL!!) So I'm kinda freaking out right now!!

You better bet I WILL have my new camera by then!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had to tell you guys even though its not offical yet!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Gen-Thanks so much! That means a lot.

Erika- Woo Hoo! Congrats! That is awesome! Good luck with the passport.

Oh, about the UE stuff. Dh called this morning and we are getting a little more next week, which will help. Still less than I was hoping but beggars can't be choosers!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

That's awesome Erika! :woot: :woot:

Jane, Jane, Jane!! I did a cluster tonight!

Gen ... was it you looking for snow?! COME VISIT! We just got 20 cm today (at least) .... there is SO MUCH here!! COME!

This is from one snowfall last March:
Holy Snow #2 By Peenut_23

Holy Snow! By Peenut_23

No need to comment ... just wanted to share!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Whoa! That's a lot of snow! Can we come visit you?! Speaking of snow, it finally snowed here today! None of it stuck of course, but it snowed long enough for me to put Zander in his snow suit and snap a few photos! LOL! I mean it would be a shame to have that snowflake pp I have go to waste!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Oh Jill that is a lot of snow...we don't get that much at one time!..but you can come visit here too!!!
Jill I am so proud of you for doing a cluster!!! whhooo hooo!!!

Erika...how exciting!!!! Congrats on the assignment!!! I know you'll have lots of fun!!

Oh yah Jill that is awesome that you got the SNA mag printed!! and do you have a link for that frosted kit?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning girls,

Here is my January challenge for our group here - I just LOVE the look on my dd's face in the last pic:

QT Pie By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Jane,

Here is the link - it's in the list.

http://www.memorymakersmagazine.com/articles.aspx?id=0

Be sure to also download Bohemian Summer - it rocks as well. And there are a couple other kits. Absolutely beautiful!!

I love my magazine print out ... I showed Abigail that she was in a magazine ... She doesn't think much of it - she thinks EVERY baby is her that she sees on the computer!

Dana Tate
Diva
Dana Tate
In response to peenut_23

Jill, glad she is okay. did the doctor say why that is happening to her?

Tiffany, I would be so worried to. Hugs!

I am off to Walmart today (funtimes) to buy some birthday presensts for my friends little girl. we are taking them to see Disney on ice on Sat. I am so excited. I am just a big Disney fan and want to do as much as I can with K while she is little and full of wonder.

I have a new layout in the gallery if you would like to take a peek.
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/37211/view/ 1908929/-...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Dana Tate

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately...it's been back to work, gym, soccer, basketball, cheerleading, volleyball, scouts, etc...and I'm in the secret sister swap, and it seems like there's 10-20 pages of posts PER DAY I need to go back and leave love on your pages, hopefully will get to that tonight after the basketball game, not sure what time it'll be over though.

Jill, It's I who would love to come visit and see the snow. It looks so magical.

Erika--congratulations on the opportunity. Word of advice...EXPEDITE your passport. It will cost about $60 extra, but you won't get it back in time if you don't. I've been the travel co-ordinator at work for years and have dealt with lots of passports.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to Rosita

Erika- What an awesome oppertunity. You are gonna have a BLAST!

Tiffany- Wooo hoo about getting more next week. I'll keep on praying for yall.

Jill-O man that is some snow!!! I'm sooo jealous! I'm on my way to visit. hehhehe

Dana- Disney on Ice will be a blast! Your little girl is gonna loveee it! I can't wait to have a little girl to do fun things like that with.

Rose- Sounds like you are having a hectic week. Hope its a good one.

As for me-- I'm going to watch my Oklahoma Sooners woop some fl gator butt tonight! (I'm obsessed with college football and my team is in the nat championship game tonight!!!) Wooooo hooooo! So I'll check in tom-- hopefully i'll be in a really good mood. Gonna go leave some lo love now. Have a good night everyone!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today! Well, I half hoped that when I woke up today there would be some snow on the ground today. But now such luck. Yesterday was just a teaser!

With our current situation looks like a no-go for getting a house. It's the best time to buy a house, but the worse to get a loan. Oh well. We'll just rent for a while I guess. God never closes a door without opening a window.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

Okay girls - you are all invited up for a visit - we can have a hot tub and look at the snow!

Dana, the "poop" is off to be tested! Sorry, but it's true!

I am exhausted.

DD choked severely again tonight - on an almond. Went blue. Had to do the heimlich on her ... it's so awful. She has a problem now, ever since she choked when she was 8 mths old. She choked 3 times over Christmas. My legs are still jello-y. She was calling for daddy but I ignored her and then the 2nd time I went out to peek and saw that she was blue ... thank goodness I went out. I feel sick b/c I almost ignored her.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

oh no! I'm glad you checked in too!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

Morning gals!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

OMG Jill.... that is sooo terrible. I am so glad you went in there too. I work with kids, and I am always so afraid that one of them will choke and I will freeze up and forget how to do the Heimlich. The closest I have ever come to it was a few years ago. A friend and I were in her car and her little boy was about 14 months old. He was eating french fries and pieces of a hamburger. He stopped talking and making noise and I just instinctively turned around and he was blue! I did the hook and got it out of him thank God. It scares me to death because it can just happen so fast! I was wobbly for hours after that so I can't imagine how long it would take to regain composure after really having to do the Heimlich! I'm so glad your dd is alright.

As for me, my Sooners lost last night. I'm pretty down in the dumps about it. booooooooo! DH and I are having a date night tonight. I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow we are redoing our scrap/game/guest room. I got a peg board for all my stuff and he's going to help me hang it. We're going to rearrange so I'll post pics when we finish. Hope everyone has a greattttt weekend!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Gosh Jill....I am so glad that you checked on dd!!! your poor thing HUGS!!!
Thanks so much for the link....some cool free stuff there!
and I LOVE your LO!!

Tiffany, I love your saying:God never closes a door without opening a window. That is excellent!!

Gen...so sorry about them Sooners! Hugs!!

Hello to everyone else!!!! and Happy Friday!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Hey ya'll. Hope everyone is doing well. Jill, I'm so sorry to hear that about your dd. Hope she's doing well.

I have my entry for our cluster challenge:

4 Generations By Tmgarren

Don't judge it too harshly, I've never put flowers in a lo before! LOL!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

Here is my take on the clustering challenge Celebrate 60 By Elombardo19:

I may submit a better one by the end of the month. Turns out, I'm kinda a chronic clusterer. I apparently cluster often.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Rose-thanks on the advice for the passport! That seems to be the consensus on it. People I know have gotten theirs in 2 and 3 weeks, but for peace of mind, I'm paying xtra!!

Jill-First Aid is a lifesaver!! Hugs!!

Gen-sorry for your loss. Would this be a bad time to tell you I was almost a Gator? I said "Almost"!!!

Tiffany-doesn't that stink. Its like hello, we would love to buy this house so the banks don't have all these foreclosed homes, but um you gotta let us qualify for loans dudes. So backwards.

Well, I think this is it for me tonight. I'll have to cu later. I'm on some meds that are making me kinda headache-y and I get one like 1x/year maybe. And the whole thing sucks since I need to get this passport asap but have this thing on my face and don't want it on the pic cuz its huge, so I had to go get meds from the derm. But rest assured my hair will look great!!
Nitey nite!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Tiffany. Contact a mortgage broker. He can look at your credit history and tell you, "You need to pay off this, this, and this to be able to get a loan" Or he can tell you, "I've got some companies who will loan you ______ amount" I never went to a bank. If you shop around by yourself for a mortgage loan, everyone has to look at your credit history, and I understand that isn't good...where as when you go with a mortgage broker, only one hit on your credit record.

Don't give up!

When I got serious about getting a house, this is the advice I received. I used my tax return the next year to pay off a lot of things, and then called the mortgage broker back and asked him to look into my case again. I'm a home owner now!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-10-09 03:54 PM
In response to Rosita

Lookie, I scrapped today...it's not the cluster challenge, but it's a layout. Will work on the cluster hopefully tomorrow while dh is watching a palyoff game.

DJ's New High Chair page 1
By Kimberkv

DJ's High Chair Page 2
By Kimberkv

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Cool ladies!!!!! I love your LO's and I have added to the first page those that have completed theirs!!! Thanks for playing along!!

Hope you all had a great day!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Hi girls! JCI! Thanks for the nice comments on my Celebrate 60 LO. Front page looks great btw Jane!!

Nothing new here really. Lots of snow. I shoveled this afternoon not realizing that it was supposed to go until 10 tonight!! But I have volunteered my boyfriend for the morning shift!

So okay with my shopping obsession...is it bad that I bought 3 pairs of sunglasses only cuz they were $2.50 ea.?? I actually only end up using them as a hair control device when I have the windows down anyway, not on my actually eyes!! What is my problem!!

Plan to plan some scrapping tomorrow!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

mornin girls!! I got some scrappin done yesterday!! and plan to do some more today and I'll share later when I get a photo of them!! Have a great day!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Quiet today,huh? Well, sunday is a day of rest.

I fell off the wagon for my No Shopping Challenge and bought some really cool things at Big Lots. I couldn't believe the good stuff they had. Usually the aisle is a mess, trashed with only junk left to pick thru. I must have gone in right after the truck left. It was neat and tons to buy from companys I've heard of like American Crafts , Making Memories , Colorbok , Basic Grey , etc...Found MM stuff with travel theme, papers, coasters, stickers, etc... fo rlike 1-2 dollars, so I got those for the album I'll do with my Netherlands trip photos!!! I confessed and I am still allowed in the challenge but have to do 2 additional LOs! Which I did tonight and hope to post tomorrow when I get good daylight.
Have a good Monday!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Just thought I'd pop in and say a quick hello. Hope everyone had a good Sunday! See ya'll tomorrow!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to tmgarren

Gooood Mornin' ladies!!!

Erika- I'm sorry-- we just can't be friends anymore. hahaha. j/k. Glad you were just "almost" a gator. I'll forgive you. I'm really laughing about your sunglasses issue. I'm a shop-a-holic too. sigh.

Hope everyone had a Greattttt weekend. Mine was ok i guess. I worked on my scraproom a lot. My hubby and I went to the movie Friday night only to get there and find out it was sold out (boo). I really wanted to see it too. Benjamin button-- anyone see it yet? My DH bought me a Juicy Couture Clutch for Christmas thinking it was a wallet. lol. So I took it back and was looking at different wallets. My hubby experienced a little sticker shock. I was looking at Coach and he walked over to Dooney & Bourke thinking it would be cheaper and was like "babe this looks like you!" Then he looked at the price tag and yelped and was like why is this thing so expensive??? A lady shopping next to us started cracking up. It made my day. lol. I did get some bad news though. Looks like my hubby will be redeploying this summer. Another year alone. UGH.

Well....Happy Monday everyone. I'll check in later today.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Gen-That really sucks. I'm so sorry! I don't know what I'd do if Timmy went away for a year. He was in the Army for two years. Right before he was going to be shipped overseas his knee blew out. A few months after he came home he got a letter telling him that everyone in his platoon had died soon after arriving. All that happened before we were married. My heart goes out to you!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-12-09 12:43 PM
In response to tmgarren

I scrapped again!! I was hoping that I would get this one done fast and be ablet o work on a layout with clusters. But, alas, I am just to slow. I have physical therapy for my back tomorrow, Thyroid Doc. visit Wednesday, physical therapy again Thursday, plus got go buy groceries one of those days. Geez!! How is a girl suppose to have any fun!!??

Raptor
By Kimberkv

Edited by Kimberkv on 01-12-09 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

hope that back is better soon girl!! love the page and can't wait to see the cluster one LOL!!!

Erika... thanks a lot, now I have to go to Big Lots!! I hit Target yesterday and they had a lot of stuff in their $ section!!

Gen, I'm sorry about the up comming deployment! That really sucks! My DH was in the Navy for 26 years so I know about missing husbands...but not for a year! ugh!!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Gen-I received a Coach clutch for xmas from my mom, which I actually like and was excited about and my boyfriend just didn't get why, LOL!!! It was the only thing I got that I like. I knew it was going to be one of those christmas's when NO ONE aksed me for a list/suggestions. Things are boxed in the basement waiting for Good Will. What a waste...another reason why I hate the dang holiday.

And also Gen, sorry to hear hubby is going back over. Sounds like these guys go back 1/2 dozen times. That blows. I dont know anyone in the military or know anyone who knows anyone in the military so its hard for concept for me, but I definitely send my thoughts and prayers to you and your loved ones. Sounds like you have lots of support from our group since we have a few military wives!! Like Tiffany...which, hello! are you serious!? That had to be a freaky letter for your hubby to get about his platoon!! On a lighter note...

Here's another from me!

Boy Oh Boy By Elombardo19

Jane-I never think to look at Target for scrap stuff...great...now I will!! But I think I'm going on lockdown!!! I wanna save for my two trips coming up!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and well wishes for my husband. It's still pretty far away, but sometimes I think that makes it harder. i just wish I could push ff so we can get it over with. The crazy thing is, April 7th will be our one year mark from when he got home from his last 15 monther. Now that was a crazy experience. So... a year seems relatively short in comparison. lol. I feel bad for him because they just started an intensive training cycle that will pretty much consume all of his time up until he deploys. They are doing 10 days out in the field and then 2 off all the way through March. Then they leave for 30 days for this place that basically reinvents a war zone for more training. Then we will get some leave and then he'll be gone. sigh. That means i'm going to move back home to Texas. I wish I could explain how annoying it is to move back and forth and back and forth... but it's in the job i guess. I don't see a point of staying here and being away from the people I love for a year so I can be all by myself. We'll get to save some money too cuz I'll move back in with my mom. Most people can't imagine doing such a thing, but my mom and i get along great and she would be offended if I threw money away by renting a place when everyone knows ill be spending most of my time there anyway. I just hate having to accept that this is starting all over again. I hate the goodbyes. I'm terrible at them. I also hate obsessively worrying 24/7 that something has gone wrong and always thinking the worst. He's had wayyyy too many close calls in the past. Ahhh. SOrry... I know that was all really long and yall probably dont care anyway. I just needed to vent and I don't want to do it to him because it would kill him to know how bad i'm stressing already.

Jane- I have no idea how you did 26 years... but that is probably a reallyyyyyy nice retirement! wow. I hope we can make it to 20. Did your hubby ever deploy? I don't know a ton about the navy since my dh is army, but I did just hear they are adding infantry units to the navy. Weird huh?

Tiffany- that is INSANE! Where was your dh stationed? That is horrible about his knee, but I guess everything happens for a reason huh?

Erika- Well, now you know one! It'll be weird for you "watching" this whole process. I had no idea before my hubby joined. it really makes you think differently about your freedom and stuff when you put a face to that person going over there. I see these guys fresh out of high school heading over and it just breaks my heart. It's a crazy life, but it has opened my eyes and heart in ways I could have never imagined possible. About your clutch, im jealous! I desperately NEED a new wallet or else I would have kept my clutch. It was really cute-- my hubby did a great job... just not what I NEED ya know? I couldn't find the one I really want, so Im going back this wknd. Our anniversary is on the 25th so I'm hoping to get a new purse! hehehehe.

Sorry this was soooo long winded. Hope everyone is having a great night. "See" yall tomorrow!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Gen...sorry that your dh is being deployed again. And you just go ahead and vent to us all you want. We care.

My favorite scrapbook item I've bought at Target was the Fiskar's fingertip knife. I found out about it at a scrapbook convention I went to, and that's the only place around here that I could find it.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-13-09 05:02 AM
In response to Rosita

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day.

I canceled my physical therapy for today, I want an MRI done on my back before they do anything. I went to get up from my chair yesterday and it, my back, locked up on me and the pain was unreal trying to stand and walk. It literally took my breath away.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Oh Kim...so sorry dear..hope that back gets better there is nothing worse than having back problems..except when you husband is deployed!!
Yah, Gen, the retirement isn't bad! and the 26 years I can say now, went pretty fast!

Love that new LO Erika!!! your dog is so pretty !!

here are a few from me the first one counts as a cluster I think...don't you?

Turning 4
By Photoscrapin

Stuff
By Photoscrapin

The Christmas Snowman
By Photoscrapin

My heart and soul
By Photoscrapin

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics