Username Post: **The Sphinx Sisters**        (Topic#1481291)
elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to photoscrapin

JCI, bored at work, figured I would stop in while the teams practice out in the gym. Don't need to watch that train wreck!!!

Gen-type as much as you want, whenever you want girly!!

Kim-Sorry to hear about your back. I have a little benign back pain mostly due to the physically demanding nature of my job and the very sad fact that I don't stretch or anything before I play soccer... whoops!! I'm a Physical Therapy Assistant and do patient care in the mornings before the high school part of my job, and unfortunately about 90% of patients are back patients. Its usually either car accident or degenerative changes, sadly. Just this morning I had 5 patients and 4 were back and 1 was knee. Sometimes PT can really help! I hope you do find some relief very soon!!!

Thanks for the gallery love on my new doggy LO with the tree!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE that photo!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to elombardo19

Gen- He was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri and also in Greenville, SC, but he couldn't remember the name of the unit there.

And don't worry about being long-winded, we do care!!!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

Kim, sorry to hear about your back. I hope it gets better!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

I had a LO reach 40 comments!! What the #$%%^! And my polka dot tree LO is a Favorite and its almost been voted into double digits!! Double digits!!! Again, what the....( to be honest, I like that one too) These are all firsts for me!!! But....I am having trouble keeping up with the thank you's!! Is this wrong? Is this normal?

I do wanna thank you gals again for LO love!!
Happy Weds!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Kim--I hope your back gets better very soon!

Erika-- You go girl!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

I made a couple of cards:
Birthday Card MoJo 69 By Rosita All occasion card By Rosita

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-14-09 05:06 AM

• elombardo19 Said:
I had a LO reach 40 comments!! What the #$%%^! And my polka dot tree LO is a Favorite and its almost been voted into double digits!! Double digits!!! Again, what the....( to be honest, I like that one too) These are all firsts for me!!! But....I am having trouble keeping up with the thank you's!! Is this wrong? Is this normal?

Happy Weds!!

Are most of the comments from people on threads that you are on? If so, just do a blankets thatnks ont he thread. You can't thank every person every time, unless all you did is hang out here.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
  • elombardo19 Said:

Happy Weds!!

Are most of the comments from people on threads that you are on? If so, just do a blankets thatnks ont he thread. You can't thank every person every time, unless all you did is hang out here.

Yeah, they are. They have helped increase my LO "visibility"!! And as long as thats an appropriate way to say thanks! I do try to check out others galleries too. You never know what cool-looking LO technique you might see!!

And although my job allows me time to scrap and play on the internet (shh! ), I sadly cannot be on here all day!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

WTG Erika on the gallery counts!!! I try my best to thank but then...not always to ones like everyone here...you all know how much I appreciate your commments and as long as you try to comment back that is fair right?
Now, there are some people who never comment back or send thank yous and that kind of burns me (none of you guys though) but it is hard to keep up with everyone!

Speaking of wich....here is another from me!

Just Married
By Photoscrapin

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Erika- Congratulations!!!

That's awesome!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-14-09 04:32 PM
In response to tmgarren

Evening ladies. I am just being a total lazy butt tonight!

I have physical therapy tomorrow morning and then I'm coming straight home and to my scraproom, where I will scrap. I have like 3 challenges I HAVE to get done. We don't have a new challenge here yet do we?!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

No, no new challenge here...ours last all month!!

It's really cold here today...it was negative 14 this a.m. and now it's all the way up to 1 degree!!!

Hope everyone is doing good..check in later!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Its really cold here too!! A whole 4 degrees!! They're talking its going to be way colder tomorrow, so there may not be school!! If that's true, I would be only 1/2 excited...AD says we may still play the basketball that night...blah! I shouldn't complain, my job does have its perks!

Later!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

hey hey hey! Hope everyone is doing well. Jci. It's pretty cold here too... supposed to be the coldest weather in years. Crazy. I'm just watching about this plane crash... so scary. Apparently everyone made it off ok though, thank God. Well... hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm gonna go try to comment on some los now.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to happygirl08

Yes, thankfully everyone was rescued.  And I have to fly twice very soon.   Once in Feb. to Charleston, SC for a girls weekend and then March to the Netherlands for a work/fun trip.  I do not fly well ever since 9/11.  I just think everyones is suspect and is going to light  a bomb, or the plane will just fall out of the sky.  I had just shared this last thought with a friend last week when I found out I was going to fly overseas.  She said, and I quote, "planes don't drop out of the sky and crash in the ocean.  Thats like Lost and thats not real"  Can you believe it!!  She was trying to make me feel better.  So, of course when this happened today in NY, I just had to send her a text!!  I don't make this stuff up!  It really happens!  

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

JCI!!! Still cold here...-17 degrees this morning ...schools have bee closed for two days!!!

Later on girls...I may not be in for a few days..My oldest son and his wife are coming for a visit...so I will check on you all on Monday or Tuesday!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Hello everyone. Hope all is well. It got down to -1 last night. But unfortunately no snow. This type of weather is only fun when the ground is covered in white and you can sled!

Dh and I went out on a date last night. This is the third one we've been on since Zander was born. LOL! We went to Olive Garden and then to Michaels!!!! My Chirstmas present from him was money to spend in whatever store I wanted and that's the store I chose! We had a lot of fun. But both of us agree that going anywhere without ds just feels weird. We are so used to glancing in the backseat every 10 secs! We always have fun together but it always a relief to come home and see our little boy.

I just got back from wally world with some pics I printed out so new lo's are soon to come!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

Hi girls!

Just popping by ... sorry I was gone for so long but dh was/is in the hospital (a week now) and it's hard to deal with.

Anyway, it seems like it's pretty quiet in here so I'm going to go and catch up on my other threads!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

I hope he's okay! Is everything alright?

Rosjen
Rosjen 
Diva
Rosjen
In response to tmgarren

Hi ladies, I think I must se daily life in the eye and take all my scrapduteys a bit calmer.
So instead of letting you wait for me I take a step back.
Love to be a part of you, but I must this.

Love you!!

Jannike

Edited by RoseJen on 01-18-09 02:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-18-09 07:15 AM
In response to Rosjen

Oh MY GOSH!! You guys, we had the worst Saturday ever, I think, yesterday!! See mey 6ft,2in, son needed a new bed, REALLY BAD!!! He was sleeping on a twin Captain's bed with a cheap mattress and hung off of it. Anyway, we set out at 10:30 to shop for a mattress. Again, Oh My Gosh!! I had no idea how much they could cost and how many different types there are!! We started at a place called Sleepy's - they have a thing you lay on and it tells you what type of bed you need and of course the over dressed, tell ya what I can do salespeople. He starts out showing us this matress set that is THREE THOUSAND dollars!! For a 17 year old!! So, we finally managed to get out of there, went to Bob's Discount furniture, went from just a mattress to looking at a whole new bedroom set! Until dh realize that the $999 did NOT include a mattress!! Hellooooo!!! Then, we decided on a matress set and he found a bench that he wanted, for the foot of the bed. But we could get the bed until Wednesday and the bench not until MARCH!! So, I really didn't want to wait, see ds wanted to clean and redo his room, yesterday and that was not something I was going to mis!! So, we ended up at Sam's found a nice price Queen set. Only problem, we had left our Sam's Card at home, the temp card hubby had as expired!! We drove back home, 30 minutes, got the card, left ds home to start cleaning, this was around 3:30 or 4:00, went to Wal-Mart bought sheets and a bedspread. Drove down to Sam's got the mattress... Got home and all three of lit into DS's room. GOOD Lord Almighty, that room was just filthy!! It had not had a good, mom is in here watch out cleaning in a couple of years. We finish right around 10:00.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Geez! I'm sorry you had such a bad day! Well, at least he has a new bed now!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

I did two new lo's!!!!

First Christmas
By Tmgarren

Santa, Who?
By Tmgarren

Woo! I finally used stickles on a lo! Two, in fact!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to tmgarren

Heyyyy ladies. Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I actually finished a lo. I'll post it later on today when I can get a good pic. My huby and I overhauled my sb room. I hung my pegboard. It's beautiful. hahaha. I just have to do the finishing touches and find one more thing for storage and I'll be set. Ahhhhh, finally a nice peaceful scrap heaven for me. I swear I'm already scrappin better.... lol. Soooo my hubby goes out into the field this week. BOOOOO! I'm gonna be pretty dang bored, so hopefully I get lots of scrappin done. 2 of my friends are going to have our own little crop while our hubbies are gone. That should be fun. I'll check in later today. Gonna go comment on los now!

Jill-- hope your hubby is ok.

Kim- Sorry about your bad Saturday.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-19-09 01:10 PM

My son really likes his new bed and gives us a hard time because his is (looks) bigger. It is actually a little taller. They are both queens, he is so tall that's what we had to get. But his room smells and looks so nice and clean now. He even asked for some coasters for drinks. How long will he use them? I don't know, but he asked!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Wow! It's been quiet in here the last few days!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Hi girlies!!!

Jannike...I miss ya!!! but I totally understand!

Jill, hope the hubby is alright!!

Kim...so glad the bedroom is clean and the bed is working!!! My middle son is, was and always will be a mess!!! I understand the messy room thing!

My son and daughter in law just left to fly home, my new son in law left yesterday for boot camp in San Diego and so I guess things will get back to a normal schedule now...whatever that is!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Ohhhmyyyygoshhhhhh. I just woke up to the most beautiful snow. I'm sooooooooooo stinkin happy!!!!! Hopefully it stays for at least a few hours. I keep trying to wake my hubby up to go play with me... but he won't get out of bed. He's such a grumpy pants in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll get my new lo up as soon as I can get a good pic. I kinda need sun for that, but I'd rather it stay snowy for a few days! haahhaha

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Gen-It snowed last night where I am too! And it actually covers the ground!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

You Southerners and your snow!!!! Sheez!! How 'bout 1-2x a week. Snow sucks. Or temperatures below 35 for 3-4 months. Ugh! LOL!!!

Kim, cute story! I always think mattress shopping should be one of those things where you go in, feel what ya like, buy, take home...but there's always some dumb salesman who wants to show you the whole showroom with special focus on the highest priced!!

Jane, how are we doing on the Jan cluster challenge??

I went to my first "class" yesterday evening at my LSS! It was a Winter Fun book, very cute. I just wanna add some chalking and inking before I add my photos. There were only 4 of us, so it was a small and quiet affair. Also, my LSS has Silhouette's for $149.99, which I think is pretty good price, that my Mom wants to get me for my birthday. That's in June, but I'm trying to convince her to just give it to me NOW!!! She is a QVC/HSN obsessed shopper and is always calling me in regards to the scrappy things they have on. So on Fri, she woke me up to see if I wanted a Xyron Cutting Machine. We engaged in some dialogue on all the different types and prices of these cutting machines. Then my LSS puts out the email on the Silhouette. I read about it and I think I might like it. I don't want to have to buy cartridges. It'll be my first, so hopefully I can figure it out!!

Enjoy!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Here's my lastes LO!

I Love My Dog By Elombardo19

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-21-09 04:19 AM

Erika I had a Cricut Expressions and I didn't like it all! You could even say I hated it! I know ton of people love it, but not me. I couldn't get it to cut right, seemed like it took forever to get allt he letters added to cut. You can only cut on size at a time...

I have a Silhouette now and I love it!! No cartridges is a big factor, but you can cut any font that is on your computer and you can download fonts for free!! It's fast, it's easy to set the blades right. I can do several diferent sizes at once... Unless you plan on cutting really big stuff, I strongly recommend the Silhouette! JMO.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

hhmmm...I don't know anything about the silhouette, but I have the Cricut, my hubby got for me and I like it but need a new cartridge, tired of the 1!! I don't use it all that often because of that. Now if I have several cartrides I would most likey use it more often!!

Erika I already posted my cluster LO's!!
but I added them to the front so you could see!!!! LOL!!!
Everyone else....come on you can do a cluster LO I know you can!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning girls! brrr ... the furnace guy turned off my furnace and it's COLD in here. I think I'm heading off to the basement where my gas fireplace is.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosjen

just popping in to say hi. I went on a great date tonight!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Jill...I think I'd fire the furnace guy.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-22-09 04:04 AM
In response to Rosita

Jill - Why did he turn your furnace off??

Rosita - More info, please!!! Where did ya go, what did ya do????

I have three layouts for challenges I gotta get done! One I have to get done today - Yikes!! Then I'll work on the cluster layout. Maybe I can combine two of the challenges!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

There's some smart thinkin Kim...combine!!! LOL!!

Rose, please share....I'm so glad is was a "great" date!!

Hope you get that furnace fixed Jill...I wouldn't want to be without!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Rose, thats so great!! Woo-hoo!! My cousin is keeping a notebook on all her dates: blind, online or otherwise and she is convinced she has a best seller in the making!!! She's so funny!! She's told me some good ones...and by that I mean such a disaster that you just have to laugh about it now!

No official word on the Silhouette. Mom has said that she called to put it on hold for me. Not sure if this is her way of hiding it from me til June!! Evil woman! I tried to convince her to give to me today but could only come up with: "Because I want it" when she asked me why I should get it now. She said I sounded ten y.o. just then!! I told her a card in June is all I would need if I could just have that Silhouette NOW!!! LOL!!

Soooo bored at the high school today...only practice...I brought some scrappy things to work on.

Thanks for all the gallery love on my newest Titus LO!! If he only knew how sweet you guys were, you'd all get slobbered!!! (is that even a word??)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-22-09 02:41 PM

Well, got the layout done for the ABC, but didn't cluster anything. Guess I'll just have to do another layout!!! Oh darn.

Go-Kart
By Kimberkv

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

R U thinking what I'm thinking? By Elombardo19

My latest LO!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

It's wonderful Erika!!!!!

Here are a few from me:

Embrace
By Photoscrapin

You Are Out Of This World
By Photoscrapin

Family
By Photoscrapin

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great week. My hubby has officially kicked off his Intensive training Cycle. He's been gone since Wednesday since they closed the base on Tuesday for the snow. It was pretty much amazing! lol. One would think that since I am alone I would have had a lot of time for scrappin lately, but no... not the case. I have been so busy these past few days that I haven't even had time to catch my breath. My friends and I are getting together tonight to scrap though, but I was really wanting to do it at my house since I have the most stuff, but my friend wants to do it at hers, so it's gonna be annoying to lug all my stuff over there for just a few hours of work. grrrrrrr. I'm one of those that needs all my stuff around me to get my juices going. lol. So-- today is cleaning day. I'm putting it off of course. ;P My anniversary is on Sunday. It's our 3rd, but we have yet to spend one together, and it's not looking good for this one or the next one. He deployed 6 days before our first, was still deployed on our second, he'll still be away on Sunday, and the next one he'll be deployed again. Kind of depressing. Sooo.... I'm gonna go comment on all the new los, and then clean my filthy house!!! I'll check in later. Happy Fridayyyyy!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-23-09 02:41 PM

Hi everyone!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

awwww..hugs Gen!!! I feel so bad that you and hubby can't seem to spend your anniversaries together!!! I know it stinks!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Hang in there Gen!!!

Yet another one from me. I have a scrap "class" tomorrow afternoon,so hopefully I can post that tomorrow as well!!

Best Friends By Elombardo19

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-24-09 06:13 AM

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Hey ladies! Hope all is well with you! Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. I see there's plenty of new lo's to comment on! That should keep me busy for a while!

Gen-I'm sorry to hear that about not being together for your anniversary. That's gotta be tough.

I thought I'd have a few more lo's done by now, but no such luck. I hope to get working on them soon, probably Monday.

Dh hit his head really bad at work Tuesday night. When he went to the doctor he found out he had a concussion. He's had a non-stop headache ever since. That first night he was slurring his words and rather confused. Needless to say he hasn't been back to work yet, and his first day back (from the lay-off) was Monday! I feel so bad for him!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-24-09 02:59 PM
In response to tmgarren

Oh Tiffany, that's too bad about your hubby. Did you have to wake him up every few hours the first night? I had a concussion many years back and my mom has to do that.

So was planning to scrap today, but ended just plaing around with my Silhouette some, which is good. Maybe tomorrow.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Guess what!!?? I got my Silhouette!! Happy Birthday 6 mos in advance to me!!

I'm like you Kim, I've been playing with it all evening! I think I'm going to like it!!

It was really quiet in the LSS today. I made a mini book that I hope to get photos of tomorrow. There aren't any photos to go in it yet, its for my girls weekend coming up in Feb. I was the only one that came. So it was just me, and 2-3 of the other staffers. We gabbed and gossiped though!!

Now just chillin with my beer, my dog and now my Silhouette!!! (I know...what an exciting Sat. night..whoo hoo...)

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:

I have three layouts for challenges I gotta get done! One I have to get done today - Yikes!! Then I'll work on the cluster layout. Maybe I can combine two of the challenges!!

He turned it off because he said it was dangerous. It was exploding so he was probably right!

Nonetheless, it was FREEZING in the house - I do live in Canada!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Happy Saturday girls ... well it's almost Sunday!

I have a huge headache ... off to bed, just wanted to pop in and say hi.

dh got released from the hospital yesterday - was in for 2 weeks. I can rest at night again!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

hey hey hey ladies. Hope everyone is having a happy Sunday. I'm running low on my scrappy mojo. I've had my friends over the past 2 nights scrappin and have barely come up with anything. Hopefully today I'll be more inspired.

Tiffany- Sorry about your hubby. Hope he's feeling better and can be back to work tomorrow

Jill- I'm so glad your dh is back home with you! I've been praying for yall.

Erika- Your Sat night sounds similar to mine... minus the dog, + a friend and her 3yo son. lol. Glas you had fun at your lss. Oh and congrats on your new Silhouette!!! I've never used one bf... you'll have to tell me how you like it.

Kim- don't you just love when you plan on scrappin and get distracted with your tools? lol. I'd love to hear more about the Silhouette... I might need one b/c I hate my Cricut.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-25-09 07:09 AM

• elombardo19 Said:

I'm like you Kim, I've been playing with it all evening! I think I'm going to like it!!

It was really quiet in the LSS today. I made a mini book that I hope to get photos of tomorrow. There aren't any photos to go in it yet, its for my girls weekend coming up in Feb. I was the only one that came. So it was just me, and 2-3 of the other staffers. We gabbed and gossiped though!!

Now just chillin with my beer, my dog and now my Silhouette!!! (I know...what an exciting Sat. night..whoo hoo...)[/quote]

WAHOOO!!!! Your gonna love it!! When I get on my other computer I will pm you a couple of useful links - one tell you how to print on your printer and then cut it out on the Silhouette. The other is a site where people have created things you can cut out. Also, if you lss has a beginners class - take it. I have some handouts from mine and I refer to them all the time!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

WEll, the silhoutte sounds like fun!!!

Jill, glad hubby is back home!!!

Tiffany,I hope your hubby will be alright...head injuries are so scary!

Have some new dt work for BW

trying to get going on an album for my hubbies naval career...just a little overwhelming for me!

Navy
By Photoscrapin

US Navy Retired
By Photoscrapin

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Aw, thanks Gen, that's sweet!

Kim, check out your blog!

here's my latest digi:

With this ring
By Peenut_23

I have 5 papers to add tomorrow!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

OK, I'm checking in. I haven't had my computer turned on ALL WEEKEND.

Friday night went very well, so did Saturday and Sunday. He's ready to give me a ring, and I want to take it, but I'm scared of making a mistake.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• elombardo19 Said:

I am so happy for you!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
  • Kimberkv Said:

He turned it off because he said it was dangerous. It was exploding so he was probably right!

Nonetheless, it was FREEZING in the house - I do live in Canada!!!!

Well, better cold than dead, so maybe I wouldn't fire him.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Wow Rose, how long have you two been dating? That is exciting...I can understand your nervousness!! I'm sure you will make the right decision!

Have a great start to your week ladies!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

We've been dating less than a week!

My weekend...Friday night was dinner and then stand-up comedy. There's a place here that has stand-up every weekend that I love to go to, and he loves it too...we were talking until about 12:30 in the morning. Remember girls, I'm a 9:00 bed-time gal even on the weekends?

Saturday he came over for lunch and then went with me to ds' soccer game. I found out there that he was the quarter back in high school. Then we drove down to ________ to pick up ds' new glasses, and then we went to the park and he worked with ds, teaching him how to drop kick the ball...then we all went out for pizza, then we came home and played pictionary (dd's idea), and then we cuddled on the couch and watched a dvd of stand-up comedy that I had. I was so comfortable, I was falling asleep...

Sunday he showed up at my church! This was important for me. After church, he went with me to the mall. I had agreed to take dd and 2 of her friends to the mall, and he was happy to tag along because he wanted to spend more time with me. One time when the girls went in one store, he said, "Let's stop in here (jewelry store), so I can find out what you like" I did tell him that I've always imagined that when I got engaged, I didn't want a diamond engagement ring, I wanted a ruby engagement ring. Y'know how stones are supposed to signify different things?...the ruby symbolizes love. He pointed out a ruby ring that had diamonds all around it...good taste.

He went home before I left for church last night, but he did tell me that he doesn't want to wait until next weekend to see me.

Edited by Rosita on 01-26-09 04:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-26-09 04:22 AM

Jill - Congrats!! on the blog. And Thank you that's so nice!!

Gen - Go check out the video about the silhouette at QuicKutz .com.

Rose - A ring! Nice. So, aside from dating for a week, did you know him before?

Edited by Kimberkv on 01-26-09 04:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Here's a drive by - late for work!

the Saddest looking Gingerbread House Ever! By Peenut_23

livin' in a Dora world By Peenut_23

It's good to be us By Peenut_23

Meeting Belle By Peenut_23

Christmas Angels By Peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Kim-I was SUPPOSED to wake him up every two hours but he wouldn't let me! He said I got enough of that when ds was smaller. But I didn't need to anyway. He was tired all the time but couldn't sleep. Today he's going to go back to work to see how he does (he works second this week).

Congrats Rose!!! This is SO exciting! He sounds like a great guy!!! Good luck! I'm so glad for you!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-26-09 09:18 AM
In response to tmgarren

Tiffany, sounds like hubby is fine. Sorry he couldn't sleep. Glad he is better.

Jill! WOW!!!!

Here's one I got done. It's so out of my norm ...I love it though!!

Peek-A-Boo By Kimberkv

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Rose, this guy sounds like a keeper!

Tiff, I laughed at your comment on my Dora layout ... you said "All that Dora ... it's aDORAble"

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-26-09 11:34 AM
In response to peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Yeah, I'm hilarious! LOL! Just kidding!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Kim, whenever you get a chance to pm that Silhouette stuff, I surely appreciate it!!! I did a title to a chipboard album I'm working on, I did some flourishes for my Ed's chipboard album I'm working on. I think I'm going to like it! Its easy enough to use too! Its a little louder then I thought it would be but who cares, I'm cuttin' titles!!!

So I've changed my mind on the big DSLR. I'm gonna grab just a small point-n-shoot to throw in my purse. Thats more like the photographer that I am anyways. But turns out there is like 100!!! I thought I had it narrowed down to three, but now I'm not sure. Some are sooo similiar it hard to choose!! I have a big Sony that I have really liked (and truthfully theres nothing really wrong with it, just 2 y.o.) so I think maybe I should stick with Sony, then again, I had a film Elph camera (i think canon) that I used to LOVE, you know the kind, B.D. hehehe Before Digital!! Plus there this Olympus with great zoom. Canon and Kodak have like a 100 each!!

So does anyone on here just have a little point-n-shoot that they love??!!! TIA

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

BTW Rose, can you get your guy to talk to my guy??!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-26-09 05:27 PM

Erika, I'll get that stuff to you. I can also scan some of the stuff I have from the class I took if you want. It's a lot of the basics, but it's some good stuff to have.

I have the Cannon PowerShot SX110 IS, I love it. It's the second PowerShot I've had. They're just easy to use. This one has a 10x zoom!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

hey girls

I was just popping in to say hi and I just remembered that I have a layout to share!!

My Best Friend's Wedding By Peenut_23

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to peenut_23

I told him tonight on the phone that he was going a little too fast for me. I told him if it were just me, then I might be right there with him, but I've got 2 kids to protect. He seemed totally cool with that, and said he wasn't in a big hurry to get married, he just didn't want someone else to get to my heart before he did. He told me he's not after my money (good thing because it isn't there) or other things. I told him I was after his money because I want a bigger house with a scrapbook room!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

And Jill...honey, can you come over and do some of my layouts? You seem to be much quicker than I am at cranking out those pages.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

I am loving the new LO's everyone!!!

Please send me some mojo!!! I've been doing lots of digi work but want to do some paper pages and can't seem to find the interest!!!

Hope you find the perfect camera Erika...if you ask me I would recommend a Canon...any Canon!!! I'm just a Canon girl!!!!

Rose...this guy really sounds like mister perfect...so glad your taking it slow and you so funny..about getting his money for your scraproom!!!!LOL!!! Have fun with the relationship, sounds like he'll be around a while!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-27-09 04:41 AM

Oh Rose, this guy might just be a keeper. But, you are wise to slow it down, get to know each other and make sure he will be good with and for those kiddos.

On that note

LOOK!! I just made it to Mayor!!

Edited by Kimberkv on 01-27-09 04:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I told him I was after his money because I want a bigger house with a scrapbook room!

LOL! That awesome! I'm still so happy for you!

Jill-Rose is right, you are the fastest scrapper I've ever seen!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to tmgarren

Congratulations your mayorship!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-28-09 05:26 AM
In response to Rosita

Thank You.

We're getting slapped with snow again today. Could be a mix later. Everyone is home and we aren't going anywhere!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to KimKV

Maybe you'll find time to do some scrapping.

Me, I'm planning on doing some while my new bf works on my car.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-28-09 10:35 AM
In response to Rosita

Listen to her "My new bf." You are so cute!!

No, haven't got around to scrapping, yet. DH is working on getting everything set so if our power goes out again we will have our generator. Had to run to Lowe's to exchange something, then had lunch.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Hey guys! I did two new lo's! (Like you couldn't tell)

Baby Dedication
By Tmgarren

First Snow
By Tmgarren

TFL!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Lovin the LO's Tiffany!! so glad you got to use the snowflakes!!

Gosh Rose, he works on cars too??

Kim, hope you don't loose your power!! Looks like you got the mess we missed!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

We got dumped on with snow this am as well! Worst morning commute so far this season. Dead crawl on the xway...all four lanes!!! Luckily I only go like 3 miles down the road!!

Thanks for helping with my camera request those of you who did! its been helpful. There are just WAY too many opitions in the P & S level! Kim, that Canon that you have seems great! I have a bigger P & S that has a 12x zoom, which two years ago was cool, now they make them with 24x!! But I want a pocket sized one! I added the Canon you have to my list of possibles!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Erika-I laughed my head off with the comment you left on my snow lo! Us southerners are so pathetic when it comes to winter weather! LOL!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-28-09 04:47 PM
In response to tmgarren

Hello everyone, well we still have power, thank goodnes. We do have a generator now, but you can't find a transfer box to save your life around here. I think we just have ice falling now. What a mess. My friend accross the street called earlier to see if I had any sand or kitty liter, their van is stuck, in the driveway, sideways!!! It's a on a hill and it isn't going anywhere right now.

Got a layout down today...thought I'd post it then I gotta run huibby wants to watch a movie. So, I'll chat with you all tomorrow!!

Kisha & Max
By Kimberkv

AND I think I may have figured out part of my speed issue when it comes to scrapping"

Scraproom Disaster!
By Kimberkv

Scraproom Disaster Close UP!!!
By Kimberkv

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

Kim- LOL! yeah that might be an issue! Currently I scrapbook on our bedroom floor. I drag everything out and place it around me and then when I'm done I pack everything back up and put it away. I can't wait to have a scraproom! Or at least a scrap corner!

Anyway, I did another lo, not sure I like it or not though.

First Tooth By Tmgarren
TFL!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I told him tonight on the phone that he was going a little too fast for me. I told him if it were just me, then I might be right there with him, but I've got 2 kids to protect. He seemed totally cool with that, and said he wasn't in a big hurry to get married, he just didn't want someone else to get to my heart before he did. He told me he's not after my money (good thing because it isn't there) or other things. I told him I was after his money because I want a bigger house with a scrapbook room!

that's funny Rose!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
And Jill...honey, can you come over and do some of my layouts? You seem to be much quicker than I am at cranking out those pages.

Ummmmmmmmmm ......... hmmmm.

Depends where you live. If you are somewhere warm, I am up for that!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
  • Rosita Said:
I told him I was after his money because I want a bigger house with a scrapbook room!

LOL! That awesome! I'm still so happy for you!

Jill-Rose is right, you are the fastest scrapper I've ever seen!

No I'm not! You'll have to remember that dh was in the hospital for 2 weeks and it was my therapy. Plus some are digi, the digi ones I can do so fast! Actually those paper ones came together really quickly too!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
Oh Rose, this guy might just be a keeper. But, you are wise to slow it down, get to know each other and make sure he will be good with and for those kiddos.

On that note

LOOK!! I just made it to Mayor!!

Congrats!!
I'm going to be up to Queen soon!!!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Good grief, this site has been slow lately!!

I have a new one to share:

A Child By Peenut_23

This was made by using Amanda's tutorial ... it was so awesome! If you digi scrap and use PS, lemme know and I can send you the information to make this ... if you like it. I, for one, am in love with it!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Jill-Is digi really hard? Some say it's cheaper, is it really? Dh is practically an expert at photoshop and I'm scared of it! Do you have to know anything about it? Sorry for all the questions, just curious. LOL!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

JCI! I have boys wrestling to cover right now, Eeewwww!!! and Yuck!!!!!!

back later to check out new lo!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Hi ladies!!!

Sorry about all the snow you guys got Erika and Kim...I know I wouldn't have wanted it!

Your photos are funny Kim...guess you need a scraproom fairy to clean up after you huh? I wish I had one too...maybe that'a why I do digi so much lately!!!

Tiffany...I have been digi scrapping for a year or a little more and I love it...I just bought my first kits on line the other day up until then I was using freebies that you can get just about anywhere! so as far as that goes it is a lot cheaper!! I don't have PS but Digital Image Suite and it works fine for me..I'm just scared to ge PS and have to learn all of it!!

What kind of PS do you have Jill?

I have uploaded about 9 LO's but instead of loading them all on here I just thought I would tell you and if you want you can stop by and leave a comment or two!!!

Later girls!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Well girls, I found out more than I needed to know about the guy I was dating and he's history.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to Rosita

Awwww Rose!!! what a bummmer!!!! Too good to be true huh? Sorry about that! Really I was so happy for you but at least your discovery was better now than later!!

Going to go on a little anniversary trip and I'll be back Saturday evening...we're going gambling..wish us luck!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-30-09 04:43 AM
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Well girls, I found out more than I needed to know about the guy I was dating and he's history.

"was"? Well, it's better to have found now, then before the kids and you got too attached. So sorry. (however, even though no one has asked, we are dieing for details.)

At any rate, your Mr. Right for You is out there and you will find him. Hugz!!!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to KimKV

Hey Rose. So sorry about the dating. My mom actually just jumped back into the dating scene. She has been divorced for almost 11 years! She has had some really bad experiences over the past few months, and I was so afraid she was going to give up. I'll tell you exactly what I told her... I think that the process is so hard.. getting to know someone only to find out they are not who they say they are. But you should not let that stop you-- it will happen... in God's timing. keep the faith girl

What's that saying?? If it seems too good to be true, it probably is?

I'm praying for you.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Here is my latest ladies. It's from Halloween. Yeah, I scrap wayyy out of order. lol Not trying to spark a political debate, just sharing my work. This is what I did on inauguration day!!! lol Ironic huh? I have another I'll post later that I worked on this past week with my friends. Hopefully I'll have one more to post soon as I'm ALMOST finished with it.

go Johnny go
By Happygirl08

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics