Username Post: **The Sphinx Sisters**        (Topic#1481291)
Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to happygirl08

Details...hmmm...I just kept hearing things I didn't like...He was denied visitation rights (major red flag), every woman he'd been with left him for another man (makes you wonder why), he lives with his sister and her drunk abusive bf in a 1 bedroom apt (I know, materialistic, but it tells me he doesn't have his act together), he doesn't have any friends (I am rich in friends and can't imagine living in a way that I wouldn't have tons of them), his parents showed preferential treatment to other siblings (is he starting to sound self-centered to anyone else yet?), one day he loves his job, another day he wants to find another one because the money isn't there (or is he about to be fired for one reason or another and wants to have an excuse ready), he was arrested last year because his ex was stealing baby clothes while he was with her even though he gave her the money (yeah, right...so why are you 'joking' around with my dd and her friends about shoplifting?), oh, and he keeps cracking jokes about someone being on crack or how he's going to get me pregnant or that I'm already pregnant...Ok, nuf said.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to Rosita

Rose--I think you certainly made the right choice for you and your kids. You are right... all red flags!

Here's another from me. I know, 2 in one day... shocking!! lol. I made a deal with myself- get my cleaning done, then I could take a pic and post it! Soo I'm done for the day and now I can scrap!! woooo hooo. Who knows.. ya might just get another one. hehehe

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

WOW Rose! I am so sorry! Those are definate red flags! You really did do the right thing! He actually sounds like a guy my mother dated. Several in fact...But don't worry, Mr. Right is out there, I'm still praying for ya!

I did another lo!

Waiting
By Tmgarren

TFL!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-30-09 04:59 PM
In response to tmgarren

Yes Rose, RUN...RUN Fast. I'm sorry this happened, but again, I'm glad it did before everyone got too involved, by everyone I mean you and your kids. Chin up Friend, it will all come together when the time is right!!

Here is a 2 pager I did today

Canobie Lake Park 2004 - Page 1
By Kimberkv

Canobie Lake Park page 2
By Kimberkv

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Kim, Tiffany, and Gen.....Love the LO's!!!!

Rose...so sorry friend! but you need to stay away from that one...smart girl!!! Like everyone else says, the right one will come along when it's the right time!!

We are back from our anniversary trip and we didn't win big money!! It was fun though and that's really all we were after!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
Jill-Is digi really hard? Some say it's cheaper, is it really? Dh is practically an expert at photoshop and I'm scared of it! Do you have to know anything about it? Sorry for all the questions, just curious. LOL!

Hey Tiff,

Sorry for the late reply - took the weekend off!
I don't find digi hard at all and if your dh is an expert, he can show you in no time and if you have Photoshop, that's a major bonus!

Digi can be entirely free. There are SO many freebies out there from quick pages and template to entire kits - including overlays, papers, embellishments, etc.

That said, you may get to a point where you want to buy some of the "cooler" things (aka more trendy - harder to find these things free but they do exist). But once you buy, they are forever yours and can be re-used and re-used.

Also, if you decide to print your pages, that's where the money can come in. I print all of mine at $2.49 a page.

Ultimately, I still think it's cheaper than traditional scrapbooking. You never have to drive to your LSS, you never run out of glue, etc.

That said, if you try digi, you should also invest in an external hard drive to back up everything because the last thing you'd want is to lose everything!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to photoscrapin

• photoscrapin Said:
Hi ladies!!!

Sorry about all the snow you guys got Erika and Kim...I know I wouldn't have wanted it!

Your photos are funny Kim...guess you need a scraproom fairy to clean up after you huh? I wish I had one too...maybe that'a why I do digi so much lately!!!

Tiffany...I have been digi scrapping for a year or a little more and I love it...I just bought my first kits on line the other day up until then I was using freebies that you can get just about anywhere! so as far as that goes it is a lot cheaper!! I don't have PS but Digital Image Suite and it works fine for me..I'm just scared to ge PS and have to learn all of it!!

What kind of PS do you have Jill?

I have uploaded about 9 LO's but instead of loading them all on here I just thought I would tell you and if you want you can stop by and leave a comment or two!!!

Later girls!

Jane, I have PS7 at home and CS2 at work.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Morning girls!

For you digi ladies, here are a few free templates (from oscraps.com - TaylorMade designs) and the latter is by Vinnie Pearce. All freebies of course!

Pure Joy By Peenut_23

True Spirit By Peenut_23

Pure Joy #2 By Peenut_23

this happy moment By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Oh girls, I am in the top 5 for 2 page layout however I am losing large!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here is a paper one I did on Friday night ...

Mini Me By Peenut_23

It's one of my fave pictures of myself and dd!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Holy quietness girls!!!!

Here's a digi I did on lunch today! Lemme know what you think - I think I like it but it has to grow on me a bit!

1st time trial By Peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Wow it's been quiet around here the last few days! Jill, thanks for the info, I'll have to look in to it some more! Free is ALWAYS good! LOL!

Anyway, dh and I started working out yesterday. It was fun, but man am I sore today! He has a boflex and is teaching me to use it. He's a great coach and knows a lot on how to get fit. Maybe soon I'll be doing a "new me" page! LOL!

Well, I'm going to comment on some lo's!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to tmgarren

Hi girls!!!
LOve the new stuff Jill!!! you've been busy!!! I

I have been working on a lot of digi lately but one is for a CT call and the other for a contest on another site so I will share them when it is all said and done!

So Jill is PS hard to learn and which do you like better your PS7 or CS2 and what advantage does one have over the other?? Lots of questions I know but I just never payed any attention until lately and I have found that PS lets you do some things I can't with my program.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Quiet for sure!! I don't have much time...I should be sleeping...so busy at work. Clinic schedule is totally full with patients in the mornings and I have had a sports event like every night so far!! Last week, this week, next week. Then I have to mentally start packing for my first trip at the end of the month! I feel like it was my idea for this 1st annual Girls Trip, so I'm also the one in charge of the entertainment and memory lane stuff. I love doing that stuff, but hopefully they all realize what really goes into that sorta planning!! I got some good stuff I need to pack that will bring smiles, laughter and tears too!!! Its a long memory lane but an awesome one!

That little bit being said, I don't think I will be able to scrap much until after March (netherlands trip). Hope to try and check in and maybe visit everyones LO/galleries!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to elombardo19

I'm jealous of your trip Erika!

I have realized I'm spending too much money for as little scrapping as I do, and too much time on here collecting inspiration.

But boy do I have some of the bestest friends on here, and the coolest toys...and it does allow me to help others. Like Thursday night I get to go help a den in a cub scout pack make a scrapbook.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to *Sue*

ok girls, put down your drinks to avoid

Yesterday morning my car door locks were frozen shut. The only way I could get into my car was through the trunk! I had to crawl in, get the car started with the defrost, get the scrapper out...crawl back out and scrap the ice off the car, etc...thank goodness that by the time I got to the parking garage, the windows had warmed up enough to work. Since I was late for work, the only parking spot was on the top floor of the parking garage. My doors were still stuck! Boy am I glad I lost all that weight. I was able to get back out via the trunk. Oh, did I forget to mention that the parking garage is in plain sight of our offices? Yep, it takes 5 min to get from my car to the office, and there were people laughing so hard still that there were tears running down their face. I might have been embarrassed if I hadn't thought it was so funny myself. So then, I got the Larry the Cable Guy Git-R-Done award! And a couple of e-mails telling me how I can unstick the doors next time.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-04-09 03:55 AM
In response to Rosita

Morning all. Nice layouts Jill. Hope everyone is doing good!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• photoscrapin Said:
Hi girls!!!
LOve the new stuff Jill!!! you've been busy!!! I

I have been working on a lot of digi lately but one is for a CT call and the other for a contest on another site so I will share them when it is all said and done!

So Jill is PS hard to learn and which do you like better your PS7 or CS2 and what advantage does one have over the other?? Lots of questions I know but I just never payed any attention until lately and I have found that PS lets you do some things I can't with my program.

Thanks Jane. Photoshop is definitely more powerful than any of the other software programs out there - hands down.

I like both CS and PS7. There are things I was used to doing in PS7 that are done differently in CS so that annoyed me at first but then there are some things that are better in CS, newer version so of course!

Either are absolutely fantastic. If I had to choose, I'd pick CS just because it is newer. I am not a pro so I don't really know of any new functionality with CS.

You should try it!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

Yesterday morning my car door locks were frozen shut. The only way I could get into my car was through the trunk! I had to crawl in, get the car started with the defrost, get the scrapper out...crawl back out and scrap the ice off the car, etc...thank goodness that by the time I got to the parking garage, the windows had warmed up enough to work. Since I was late for work, the only parking spot was on the top floor of the parking garage. My doors were still stuck! Boy am I glad I lost all that weight. I was able to get back out via the trunk. Oh, did I forget to mention that the parking garage is in plain sight of our offices? Yep, it takes 5 min to get from my car to the office, and there were people laughing so hard still that there were tears running down their face. I might have been embarrassed if I hadn't thought it was so funny myself. So then, I got the Larry the Cable Guy Git-R-Done award! And a couple of e-mails telling me how I can unstick the doors next time.

At least you are resourceful!
I would have went back inside, emailed my boss and stayed home to scrap!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I have a hole in my gas tank - the spout that goes down. This morning I filled up my tank and it dripped onto my shoes and stuff. My hands too. All I smell is gas.

Anyway, got to work and had been working for 20 minutes. A co-worker came in and complained how bad it smells like gas it here! EEEK! I'm keeping quiet in my corner ... I don't want a work award like Rose got!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Oh my gosh Rose! Thanks for the drink warning! That is too funny! I'm with Jill, I probably stayed home too! Love your work ethic! lol!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

*sigh* I needed those stories just this moment!!

I actually had my doors stuck last year and tried with all my might to knock them open for like 1/2 hour. I did finally get it to give, but nearly threw my hip out. In all that time, it NEVER occured to me to try to crawl thru the trunk! Nice!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

On second thought, Jill, that doesn't sound safe...a hole in the gas tank?!

Can I just say, these kids are driving me CRAZY today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Sorry the kids are driving you crazy Erika!! wow...your trips sound like fun...I'm jealous too!

Rose...that is just too funny!!! lol!! I never thought of the trunk either!! your definetly an Outside the Box thinker!! I had mine stuck last month and my daughter came out with the windsheild wiper fluid and we poured it over the doors at the cracks and wa la!!!! it opened!!

Jill, thanks for the PS advice! I have to do some more investigating and then some pleading!!! and probalby some bargaining lol!!!

I have two LO's to share...digis!

A Life Together
By Photoscrapin

Change
By Photoscrapin

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• elombardo19 Said:
On second thought, Jill, that doesn't sound safe...a hole in the gas tank?!

Can I just say, these kids are driving me CRAZY today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's in the part where it goes down to the gas tank so it only leaks when you fill it up. Guess I'll be getting dh to fill my gas tank up until it gets fixed or I get a new vehicle!

The vehicle is 10 years old this year ... and it's really starting to break down. DH has a brand new pick-up truck so I got spoiled while he was in the hospital!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Girls, for you digi scrappers, I have a freebie on my blog!

http://jillelizabethsargi nson.blogspot.com

Jane, if you are resourceful and not opposed to it, you can get PS for free off the internet.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Wow girls, sure is quiet in here ... here's my latest:

2nd Valentine's Day By Peenut_23

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-05-09 02:11 PM
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
  • Rosita Said:

At least you are resourceful!
I would have went back inside, emailed my boss and stayed home to scrap!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-05-09 02:12 PM
In response to KimKV

Check this out!!!

SCORE!! at the scrapbook store !!
By Kimberkv

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Good for you Kim!!! you'll be having fun!!

Jill, I think I have a free PS laying around here somewhere...I tried it a while back but I didn't think it did anything that my program does but maybe it wasn't the samething I will check it out thanks....I love your masks!!!! Very cool, way to go!!

I did another paper LO!!!

Friendship
By Photoscrapin

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-06-09 03:56 AM

Good Morning Girls!! I just realized, I never did the "Cluster" Challenge. I wonder, is it too late??

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

I never heard anything more about the cluster challenge! I say go for it but who am I?!

I {heart} girly drinks By Peenut_23

your fake crocs By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• photoscrapin Said:
Good for you Kim!!! you'll be having fun!!

Jill, I think I have a free PS laying around here somewhere...I tried it a while back but I didn't think it did anything that my program does but maybe it wasn't the samething I will check it out thanks....I love your masks!!!! Very cool, way to go!!

I did another paper LO!!!

Friendship
By Photoscrapin

What do you normally use Jane?

Are you sure it's PS? It's incredibly powerful - you can do anything with Photoshop.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to peenut_23

Just wanted to stop in and say hey.

It's Friday night and there is all kinds of excitement going on here. My hubby is out training and has been most of the week... which leaves me VERY alone. I did go see Bride Wars earlier tonight with a girlfriend and it was soooo cute! But now I'm here all alone and i'm kinda bummed and scared. I am a big scaredy cat though, so no big deal. I think i'll go comment on some los and then go to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep! Hope all is well with everyone....

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Hi ya girls!!

Kim, the cluster challenge was over the end of January...but you go right on ahead and do one!!! I would love to add another to the front page!!!

Jill, I love those pages! and to answer your ? I always use Microsoft Digital Image Suite and it really works well for me. My son gave me a Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 a couple of years ago and my program does more than that one but it's only a 4.0 so maybe that's it!! He got it free somewhere. Maybe I just don't know how to use it!!! I wonder....in the package are two discs, one is 2.0 and the other is 4.0 is that something I can add on to???

Alright enough questions for you today Jill!!! lol!! thanks so much for your input...it helps a lot!!

Now I have some news to share...Stacey Towers has asked me to be a part of her CT!!! I am so excited!! If you don't know her...she is (sjtowers) here but she has started makeing digi kits and they rock!!! If you want..leave her some lovin!!!
http://sjtowers.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend girls!!! It's already 46 degrees here today!! whoohoo!!! and the sun is shinning!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• happygirl08 Said:
Just wanted to stop in and say hey.

It's Friday night and there is all kinds of excitement going on here. My hubby is out training and has been most of the week... which leaves me VERY alone. I did go see Bride Wars earlier tonight with a girlfriend and it was soooo cute! But now I'm here all alone and i'm kinda bummed and scared. I am a big scaredy cat though, so no big deal. I think i'll go comment on some los and then go to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep! Hope all is well with everyone....

Gen, I hear ya, I'm the biggest chicken ever! I hope you had a good sleep!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• photoscrapin Said:
Hi ya girls!!

Kim, the cluster challenge was over the end of January...but you go right on ahead and do one!!! I would love to add another to the front page!!!

Jill, I love those pages! and to answer your ? I always use Microsoft Digital Image Suite and it really works well for me. My son gave me a Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 a couple of years ago and my program does more than that one but it's only a 4.0 so maybe that's it!! He got it free somewhere. Maybe I just don't know how to use it!!! I wonder....in the package are two discs, one is 2.0 and the other is 4.0 is that something I can add on to???

Alright enough questions for you today Jill!!! lol!! thanks so much for your input...it helps a lot!!

Now I have some news to share...Stacey Towers has asked me to be a part of her CT!!! I am so excited!! If you don't know her...she is (sjtowers) here but she has started makeing digi kits and they rock!!! If you want..leave her some lovin!!!
http://sjtowers.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend girls!!! It's already 46 degrees here today!! whoohoo!!! and the sun is shinning!!

Congrats Jane! My friend Julie also applied - actually you know her - Biskit from BW Scrapbooking!

Re: Photoshop Elements, not sure. I haven't really used Elements before. Photoshop however is THE best software you can buy. I have 7 at home and CS at work. Comparatively, Microsoft Image Suite and Elements might be similar but Photoshop is definitely on a bigger, better scale.

Here's my latest:

Little Moments Big Memories By Peenut_23

and

I {heart} girly drinks By Peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Howdy. just thought I'd drop in. How everyone is well. Just got back from seeing Wendy (yes she still does exist!). Got a whole bunch of freebies. Yahoo!!! Can't wait to use them!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-07-09 02:07 PM
In response to tmgarren

Got a layout done

Your Smile is Music to My Eyes.
By Kimberkv

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Hi all!!

Tiffany...can't wait to see some digi pages!!!

Kim...cute page!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I did a few cards this morning. One is : Happy Birthday Balloons By Rosita
just a little different Happy Birthday By Rosita

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to Rosita

here's one from me. I need to retake a photo later today since it is really washed out. Its really a pretty teal and pink.

My Shot ski
By Elombardo19

Nice lo and cards gals!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hi girls ... did everyone have a nice weekend?!

I got some scrapping done! YAY!

Tulip Festival By Peenut_23

Uncle Jeff By Peenut_23

Love the new layouts and cards!

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to peenut_23

Hey All! I was just looking at your thread and it looks pretty cool. I let life get in the way of scrapping... and am trying to start fresh. Could I join your group?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-09-09 03:56 AM

Good morning!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to AshleyS3285

• Ashley S Said:
Hey All! I was just looking at your thread and it looks pretty cool. I let life get in the way of scrapping... and am trying to start fresh. Could I join your group?

Hi Ashley,

I'm not the person who runs the group but I say welcome!

Morning everyone else! Monday, blech!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Hi ya girls!!!

Ashley....yes, you may join!! WElcome!!! I hope we can enspire you to get back into scrapin!!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Welcome Ashley!!

Jill, you and your digi's!! So fast!! Awesome LOs!!!

Half time of girls basketball, have to go back and watch 3 more hours of it! Blech for sure!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Woo! A new member! Welcome Ashley!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-09-09 05:16 PM
In response to tmgarren

HI ASHLEY!!!

Got a few pages done today!!

Postal Free Circle Journal - Round 2
By Kimberkv

February Scrap Your Pet - Week One
By Kimberkv

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-09-09 05:16 PM
In response to tmgarren

HI ASHLEY!!!

Got a few pages done today!!

Postal Free Circle Journal - Round 2
By Kimberkv

February Scrap Your Pet - Week One
By Kimberkv

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to tmgarren

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! Im excited to get to know each of you!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Morning girls!

Erika, just for you ---->

This is my mom when she was a baton twirler:

Baton Twirler By Peenut_23

And this one was for a CT, I don't really like it!

aka By Peenut_23

Yes, I am on a CRAZY digi kick right now!!!!!!!!!
But I am hosting a paper crop on Sunday and I am going to do at least 5 layouts. YEP! That's what I say now.
I have to do some work for a DT and yeah ... hmm ... we'll see what I get done.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-10-09 04:52 AM
In response to peenut_23

Hello???

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Hello!!!

Jill and Kim....love the new stuff!!!

Ashley...I will add you name to the front page and if you could, will you give me your birthday so we can all remember to at least wish you a happy birthday when it's time?

Ok here is my latest work from Stacey's kits!!

Some Days
By Photoscrapin

Us
By Photoscrapin

YES!
By Photoscrapin

Have a fantastic day girls!! It's going to be 60 degrees here!! whooo hoo!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-10-09 11:19 AM

I need support!!!

A week without...

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Oh no, Kim!!! But thats great that QuicKutz is sending one free of charge!!! Not to rub it in, but thanks for the heads up to be careful with MY Silhouette!!!! LOL!! Just teasing, don't hate!!

Off to leave some gallery love! (Jill, keep em coming girly, lol!!!!) I have nothing to do today at high school (for one day, I'll take it! so tired of these 50 hr weeks!!!). There is swimming tonight, but I don't have to stay for that. High school boys in speedos, puke! ANY boys in speedos, PUKE!!!! Wish I would have planned better, I would have brought in some scrappy stuff to work on. I guess I'll just have to bail out earlier than usual and go shopping for some fab outfits for my girls weekend!!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-10-09 06:45 PM

YUCK!! Speedos!!! They sould be outlawed!

The guy at Q-Kutz said when you are putting the colored caps on the holder, make sure you don't make it tight, it just need to be secure. He recommended just spinning it with one finger instead of twisting it like with your finger and thumb.

Luckily, today was most likely my last full scrappy day this week. Between grocery shopping, housework, laundry... the rest of the week is busy. I don't usually scrap much on the week ends. But, Monday's are always my scrappin' day, so I might be "haten" that day!! :)

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to KimKV

Hey my b day is Jan 18... off to leave love!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to KimKV

Welcome Ashley!

heyyy ladies. How is everyone? I'm pretty good. My husband is finally coming home tomorrow night, so I have cleaned my fingers to the bone today. lol. I'm so tired! I havent gotten much scrappin done lately mainly because things have been hectic in my neck of the woods. I need to make my husbands vday card but ugh... i'm so unmotivated. lol. I'm off to leave some gallery love so that maybe I can get a little inspiration. Hope eveeyone is having a great week so far!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I'm checking in so y'all don't worry about me. I've been thinking about reading the Twilight series since my kids read the first 3 books last year...and then Saturday night I bought all 4 of them. I've finished the first one, and am more than 1/3 of the way through the 2nd one. And I've got to get back in the gym...I haven't worked out in over 2 weeks! And, I've been eating too much of that delicious Amish Friendship Bread my boss gave me a starter of. Honestly, that doesn't last 3 days at my house. So, yes, I've gained back a couple of pounds...just glad/shocked that it's less than 5.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Rosita

Morning girls!

Gen, if you try digi, you may never go back! I am a bit obsessed!!!! I hardly do paper anymore.

Erika, going to make some lo's just for you today! Get scrapping girl!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-11-09 06:18 AM

• happygirl08 Said:
Welcome Ashley!

heyyy ladies. How is everyone? I'm pretty good. My husband is finally coming home tomorrow night, so I have cleaned my fingers to the bone today. lol. I'm so tired! I havent gotten much scrappin done lately mainly because things have been hectic in my neck of the woods. I need to make my husbands vday card but ugh... i'm so unmotivated. lol. I'm off to leave some gallery love so that maybe I can get a little inspiration. Hope eveeyone is having a great week so far!!

Why do we that?? I clean like crazy the day before my hubby comes home from travel too. Do they even notice or care if the house is spotless? I know mine doesn't.

Edited by Kimberkv on 02-11-09 06:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Erika....I agree...speedos, so gross!!!!Sorry you have so many hours at school!! gosh you could be scrappin!! I know your lookin forward to that girls trip!!

Ahley...where in Kansas are you? I was born in Topeka and raised in Manhattan!

Sorry about your blade Kim...what a drag but you'll make it and so cool that they are replacing it!!

Gen...so happy hubby is coming home whhoooohooo!!

Rose..aren't those books good?? They go so fast too that's what like! good story!!!

Jill, isn't it funny how carried away you can get with the digi? I won a contest over at another site and for the prize one of the girls is going to put a digi kit together for me..I sent her some colors I liked and such..I can't wait to see what she comes up with!!

Happy Wednesday!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I know Jane ... I could sit down and just pump out the layouts with digital. I just did another one,

It makes me feel like I can get caught up ... do we ever really?! Because every time I think I'm getting somewhere, I think of my childhood pics, my mom's childhood pics, my dad's ... all the weddings I've been too .... OMG!!!

Congrats on the challenge win!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here are my two latest ... am I driving you girls nuts?! I am a scrapping machine lately!!

at 6 months By Peenut_23

Bad Bad Chicken! By Peenut_23

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

WOW!!! I had a lot of catching up to do! great new work everyone. Jill, loved the 23 new ones. LOL, just kidding.

Congrats Jane on the win!

Kim, I'm sorry bout your broken blade, that must really suck!

Rose-Your comment about the Amish bread and the books your reading made me wonder, have you ever read anything by Beverly Lewis? She writes a lot about Amish people. I just read her "Annie's People" series. It's really good.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to tmgarren

Jane - I live in Manhattan right now going to school but i grew up in Brewster which is by Colby in I-70

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Oh that is so cool!!! I love Manhattan...only thing I didn't like about it growing up was the college kids!!! LOL!!! they always took over the town!! It really is a great town but it is so different now than when I was growing up!!

I have three LO's to share and two of them are paper!!!

S8 Or Die Dude
By Photoscrapin

Man and Wife
By Photoscrapin

Times Like This
By Photoscrapin

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08

Hello girlies! How is everyone today? Im pretty sleepy... but just had to check in before I go to bed. I had a really busy day... I think I sat down maybe for 15 mins from the time I woke up till about 8 tonight. So it feels darn good to sit here right now.

Rose- I soooo feel ya on the weight gain thing. I've gained about 18lbs since my husband came home in March. I had lost 25 prior to him coming home, so I guess that means I've actually only kept off 6... Im so depressed! It's horrible and I feel so bad about myself. I'm trying to work out again, but it's just so hard to make time for everything. 5lbs is nothing though and you can have that back off in no time!

Lol Kim I really have no idea why we do it? I know my hubby doesn't care. lol

Jill i seriously am considering coming over to the dark side... i think I will research next week...

Everyone else... happy Thursday! I'll check in tomorrow before a much needed LONG weekend!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

Yes, Gen, come to the dark side!!!!!! lol!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tmgarren

• tmgarren Said:
WOW!!! I had a lot of catching up to do! great new work everyone. Jill, loved the 23 new ones. LOL, just kidding.

Congrats Jane on the win!

Kim, I'm sorry bout your broken blade, that must really suck!

Rose-Your comment about the Amish bread and the books your reading made me wonder, have you ever read anything by Beverly Lewis? She writes a lot about Amish people. I just read her "Annie's People" series. It's really good.

Actually Tiff, i thought you were serious ...

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

the only thing that sucks is printing them .... (it's still cheap but when you print a bunch at a time!)

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• happygirl08 Said:
Hello girlies! How is everyone today? Im pretty sleepy... but just had to check in before I go to bed. I had a really busy day... I think I sat down maybe for 15 mins from the time I woke up till about 8 tonight. So it feels darn good to sit here right now.

Rose- I soooo feel ya on the weight gain thing. I've gained about 18lbs since my husband came home in March. I had lost 25 prior to him coming home, so I guess that means I've actually only kept off 6... Im so depressed! It's horrible and I feel so bad about myself. I'm trying to work out again, but it's just so hard to make time for everything. 5lbs is nothing though and you can have that back off in no time!

Lol Kim I really have no idea why we do it? I know my hubby doesn't care. lol

Jill i seriously am considering coming over to the dark side... i think I will research next week...

Everyone else... happy Thursday! I'll check in tomorrow before a much needed LONG weekend!

Let me know (or Jane, she knows too!) if you need any help with anything. I LOVE paper but honestly, digital has it's bonuses too. For me, it's cheaper, I can do it whenever as the supplies are always at my fingertips, it's faster, cleaner ..

but I LOVE paper still! My Bad Bad Chicken lo is paper and I'm hosting a crop on Sunday where I hope to get several paper lo's in!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Gen/Rose ... if you want to share, let me know what your daily food intake is like (like what do you eat and when do you eat). A lot of times, losing weight and keeping it off is just knowing what to eat/when to eat it (and portion size).

The times in my life when I've lost the most weight is when I've eaten properly. I'm a nutrition specialist and a personal trainer but still have ups and downs. For me, it's my nutrition (rather lack of paying attention and/or properly planning) that makes me go up weight-wise!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to peenut_23

Oh Jill, teach me, TEACH ME! I want to be a size 7 again! Heck, I'll settle for a size 10, or 12! LOL! Did ya'll know Marilyn Monroe was a size 10? I find that facinating, see that today's models are a size negative 1. Ha ha!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to tmgarren

I once read this whole thing on how women's sizes came to be and how distorted they are today. I think it all started with WWII and womens uniforms (i think, or was it the US postal service, I forget). That was considered the "universal" sizing for the rest of the clothing industry. Like an Army size 8 was then a store size 8.
Well I guess through the years and 21st century way of eating, that size 8 in now like a size 2 according to standards now. And an 8 now was probably a 16 then!! Like I'm a size 8 but wouldn't fit in a WWII era 8 because it would be like a 2 in todays market, which would zip over my one thigh. We've gotten fatter and have moved the sizes up to make us feel better.

But doesn't that make you feel worse!!!

Stay the course girls!!!

Edited by elombardo19 on 02-12-09 02:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-12-09 05:16 PM

Okay, I vote we put Jill in charge of helping all of use lose weight and get back into our skinny clothes.

I would like to lose 20 lbs. My biggest weakness is Coca-Cola and popcorn.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Kim, ya gotta ditch that Coca-Cola.

I'm sure you know ... but I'm going to tell you again anyway. There's like 8-12 TABLESPOONS of sugar in one coke. Think about that. Would you drink a glass of water with that much sugar? No. Pop is liquid sugar.

So girls ... try this:
No low carb OR high protein! Just eat balanced. Eat protein at ALL meals/snacks. Eat 5-6x per day.

An example:

Breakfast - 1 slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp max of peanut butter, a piece of fruit and a glass of water. A cup of milk is okay too.

Snack - a small handful of almonds (i.e. 18 of them) and a yogurt

Lunch - a whole wheat wrap filled with baby spinach, diced chicken, red peppers and other veggies. A bit of vinagrette dressing if needed. A piece of fruit, a glass of water and/or milk.

Snack - a piece of fruit and some protein of some sort (could be a bit of peanut butter and celery sticks ... is that gross ... lol... or cottage cheese ... tuna on a cracker)

Dinner - a piece of low-fat meat (i.e. chicken, turkey, salmon) no bigger than your palm, 1/2 plate of salad, 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta or rice or a small potato

See? You can do it - do that and you will lose weight.

NO POP! (or try to limit it)
Try to avoid late night snacking.
Eat smaller portions.
Eat protein at EVERY meal/snack - it keeps your motor running, you need it.
EAT CARBS - you need them for energy.
Eat whole wheat!!!

So, what do you think?!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-13-09 04:37 AM
In response to peenut_23

I could do that. I actually have cut way back on the coke, I only allow myself one a day during the week and never before noon. Movie and popcorn nights - well then I might have two that day.

I like pb and celery. Cottage cheese - GROSS!!! But I can do fruit. during the week I have soup for lunch, which actually holds me over pretty good.

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to KimKV

Uh oh did I start a weight thing here or what? hehehe....

While my husband was deployed I had nothing better to do than work and exercise. I lost 25lbs that I didn't even know I needed to lose at that time. lol. My family started noticing and they all said I was too skinny and thought I was resorting back to bad habits. When he came home (in April 08) I was in a size 2!!!!! wow! Now I'm a 6 or 8, but I think my main problem is exercise. I was the girl that worked out every single day growing up. I played soccer and danced which meant I had something going on 7 days a week! Now with work and husband and life... I just don't make it a priority-- and it shows. I actually eat pretty well. Although I do have a sweet tooth, but I've learned to curb that with sugar free jello and ff cool whip. It's a very low cal delish snack! I gave up coke and sweet tea a year and a half ago and it really wasn't as hard as I thought. I have a coke zero when I really want a coke or a tea with splinda. (yeah, I'm from the south--we drink sweet tea!) I'd say my other biggest problem is eating healthy when we go out to eat. There is just NOTHING to do around here so when we want to go do something it's always lets go to dinner and a movie- bleh! My husband LOVES mexican food... and yeah pretty much everything there is unhealthy (but sooo good!) lol. I try to do beans and chicken with salsa and a bit of cheese. I'm probably the pickiest eater you have ever met in your life, so thats another problem... ahhhhh!

Sorry to spark a weight issue here, just saw Roses post and it reminded me of my current battle. I have to be VERY careful as I suffered from an eating disorder in my teens that still haunts me to this day (hence my families concern over my weight loss last year). I try really hard to not focus too much on weight so that it doesn't become an obsession again. I just try to be healthy... I'm actually not even supposed to look at the scale when I weigh myself at the Dr! Hopefully this isn't TMI-- I'm sorry if it is.

Jill I would love any advice on some healthy things I can make for dinner (as I get bored of my usuals) and things I could eat when I go out. I also need a good butt kickin about exercise!!!

happy happy friday everyone! I'm off to the beach for tonight and tomorrow. woooo hooooo!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to KimKV

It sounds so easy on paper...or rather in text? Kim, I know how you feel about Coke, I'm the same way. About a week ago dh and I challenged ourselves, I stopped drinking coke and he stopped eating chocolate. I tell ya, it's been tough. I'm mean, I used to drink like 6 a day, sometimes more. So, I've had a lot of headaches the last few days, but I've been craving water so much more now.

Hey Jill, that means I was having at least 72 tablespoons of sugar a day! Holy Cow!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to tmgarren

Gen- I'm so sorry about the eating disorder. They are scary. I've never gotten past a size 5. I was never a skinny kid since I grew up with very emotional women (no men). Which means A LOT of comfort food. When I moved in with my grandmother as a preteen I lost a lot of weight and it's fluxuated ever since. When I was in hs I took a weight lifting class and lost 30 lbs which I kept off until I got pregnant. Then I gained it all back plus another 15 or so. LOL!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-13-09 02:32 PM
In response to tmgarren

Caffine withdrawl headaches SUCK!!! But, keep it up, I know the 2 pounds I've lost so far are because I cut back on the Coke.

Oh Gen, if we weren't talking about weight, we;d all be talking about something else. That's why we like this little group. Weight, Coke, Chocolate, scrapping, cardmaking, dh's, ds's, dd's...

Oh yeah almost forgot:
My Obsession By Kimberkv

The Perfect Poached Egg
By Kimberkv

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Wow...weight loss huh?? man, wait till you all hit menopause!!! it sucks...sometimes I feel like the pounds just jump on me!!
I have never had much trouble with weight or loss there of my whole life but it seems I hit 40 and it all started!!

I know as long as I stay active and watch what I eat I am fine but when I splurge just a little and don't walk...look out!! I know now that I have to walk not run on the tread mill now until I get to a better weight and then I can walk and run a bit ...seems like I loose more when I run, probably in my mind but whatever!!

Hang in there girls and pay atttention to the things that Jill said...I hardly ever have soda, lots of water!! any way don't look at the candy tomorrow!!! (my biggest downfall) and eat well and drink water!!!

later on ... Happy Valentines Day!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I'm posting this just after I ate a bag of m&m's dh got me for v-day! Bad Jill!

I still think you guys should exercise but there are women that exercise and exercise and exercise and never lose weight (that was me). I was doing 25 hours of cardio/week ... yeah, I was insane ... then I started paying attention to what I ate and when and dropped 8lbs within about 5 weeks. I wasn't trying to and I didn't need to (I am 5 feet 11 and 150 lbs). Plus I have a lot of muscle. So that's all I was trying to make you aware of.

I'll get back to the rest of the questions later ... very tired!

Gen ... I think ... or actually maybe Tiff ... SEVENTY TWO tbsp of SUGAR! Omg ... SOOOOOOO bad!
My dh is addicted to pepsi and I'm always on his case! I gave him a big lecture on the way to my soccer game tonight and he went to the concession stand and bought dd smarties and himself a big pepsi! HELLO!

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to peenut_23

Some people never listen huh??

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-14-09 05:27 AM
In response to peenut_23

Boy he really got even with you didn't Jill!!

Yeah, I am at the premenapausal point in my life. Between that and the Graves Disease..I have always been one of the lucky ones that could just eat and eat and never gain and ounce. I HATE, HATE, HATE to exercise. Did I mention that I HATE to exercise! When I first started having to watch what I ate, I thought "How do people do this?" You learn.

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to KimKV

Don't know how people can drink soooo much pop these days!! It makes my tummy hurt just thinking about drinking it!!! Yuck!! I had a 2nd job as a waitress and I would cringe at how many times I would refill a large pop for people. Yuck!! People would come in at 9pm and order a kiddie Coke for like their 3 y.o.!!!! What??!!!!

Caffiene and sugar are the enemies!!! I avoid it as much as possible...

I am no saint though!!! I do indulge in the once a weekend, usually Sunday, Diet Sierra Mist Free or Sprite Zero. Soooo yummy!! Those taste like sugar water to me!! Oh and I am also "indulging" in these Hershey's valentines minitures in my desk drawer...

And of course the SWEET TEA--OMG!! Its a good thing I don't live in the South anymore!!! I got hooked! When I visit, I order it everywhere we go!!!

And also, Jill--earmuffs, I am someone who does not eat "carbs" all that often. I'm not the extreme--I eat fruit, and an occasional pancakes on Sunday, but general no breads, pastas, etc...I don't really miss it anymore either. I tell the difference right away when I do--thats the shamefully, scary part. I would most certainly balloon up!

I have 10 more to go and I know for me its exercise. I am desparately on the look out for a cheap treadmill that will fit in my house. You'd think that on these slow days at the high school, (yep its saturday and I'm here...cheer competition) I would run on the treadmills when practice is over, but no. When I'm done with work, I'm done. I wanna leave and not come back, you know? I'd rather go home, let the dog out of the crate and then run. I sit at home all the time wishing I could run at home. I don't live in a nice neighborhood so I fear running outside, plus its winter 9/12 months here it seems, and I won't get in my car and drive usually just to run 1 hour. Am I making any sense??

My best diet: devastating & life-altering break-up of 04. Losing 20 lbs...easy. Losing my mind...most certainly. Fitting into a size 6...priceless!!!

Gotta go watch cheer!!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

My favorite diet quote:

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

I knew how thin feels...once...it was nice...

Lets go girls!!! Scrappin and snackin....healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Oh my, Erika, I don't know what I would do without carbs! I don't think I could LIVE!!!! Bread, pasta, the more the better!!! I have been good, though, when I make spaghetti I use that Barilla Plus pasta that has a lot of fiber. Although it does have a different taste than regular pasta. I don't think I eat as much bread either.

I like that quote though, Maybe I should get that tatooed to the underside of my eye lids. Or post it on the refrigerator.

But I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel bad about your best diet. Let me know, okay. LOL!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-14-09 04:19 PM
In response to tmgarren

One of the biggest for me when I scrap. I don't eat. I have actually poured an entire coke out, because the ice melted while it sat there all day. So now I just pour a glass of water, if the ice melts...oh well.

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin
In response to KimKV

Hi girls!! I see we're still talking diet here!! that's cool! especially if it helps us huh?

I have two digi's to share...and then I'll talk to you all tomorrow!!!
Hope your Valentine's Day was good!

Sent From Above
By Photoscrapin

Sending A Little Love
By Photoscrapin

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19

Here's something a little different that I did this weekend.  He'll hate it, LOL!!, but I liked doing it!!   ;)   He has always wanted to go to Duke for BKB game.  He went to Duke for a basketball coaches thingy and still talks about it... it was the highlight of his year!!

Duke By Elombardo19

photoscrapin
Queen
photoscrapin

WEll, your talking to one of the biggest Duke fans there is!!! I LOVE DUKE BASKETBALL!!! I have been watching them for years and have been to Cameron Indoor Stadium twice....what a thrill!!! So I totally understand where your boyfriend is coming from!! I LOVE this Erika how cool!!

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren

Very cool Erika!!! I, personally, (please don't hit me) am not really in to sports, never have been. Luckily, neither is my husband, which means I don't have to suffer through watching them on tv.

Hey, Jane, is there a challenge this month? I'm curious.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to tmgarren

Hey ladies... been way to busy with work and school to scrap need to make more time for it!!! The story of my life.
I too have never been the skinny girl! I feel like I need to loose about 50 pounds! I know I would have more energy and feel better about myself! I have wii fit but cant get motivated to do the work outs!!! I gotten better. I have started cooking alot more and eating out ALOT less. Now its just making time to exercise and scrap. LOL

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hi girls,

Jci ... I had a crazy busy weekend! Had soccer on Friday night, Saturday took Abigail to Winterlude and went out for Valentine's Day, Sunday ... ummm ... oh yeah, I had a scrapbook party and soccer and then today was a holiday and we went with Abigail's daycare for a wagon ride, skating, etc! I'm pooped!

Here are my latest from my crop yesterday!

Sno-Park By Peenut_23

Winnie the Pooh By Peenut_23

True Love By Peenut_23

I think I am ACU, phew

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-16-09 05:00 PM
In response to peenut_23

Hi girls!!! How is everyone?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to KimKV

Hi Kim! I'm great ... just heading off to bed!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics