Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #83: Let the Pumpkin Season Begin!        (Topic#1481723)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

VCW Yahoo! Group

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved, and currently Jenni (c-leaper) is the only one doing that. (She will probably grab a person or two here in the next couple days to help oversee the admin duties.) The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Who, US???? Pimp BLING??? NEVER!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Okay. I did it. All the links work. Took me forever and a week to figure out how Viv's been putting pictures into the opening blog post, but I think I might've figured it out. Maybe. Dunno. I got a picture in there anyhow...g'night...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

it's 6 AM...would it be in appropriate to call all the people that claim I never call them because all I get are their stupid voice mails?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I'm mean enough to say yes.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

Well technically business hours are at 8:30, but I'm going to start at 8. And from now on everyone gets 2 calls a day.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

trying to figure out what I'm going to accomplish today.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
it's 6 AM...would it be in appropriate to call all the people that claim I never call them because all I get are their stupid voice mails?

I say do it. After all aren't these people having sleep issues anyway?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Hello my two fine early morning friends!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

I don't want to go to work today.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I was awake most all night. Wish I could make $25 an hour working at JoAnn's. I would sooo tell this man to shove it. I am so tired of his mood swings and being at the bottom of his hill.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Dh is about a fire call he went on yesterday. 2nd time they have had a fire in this home. May have an arsonist in the family. One of the daughters mentioned where they used to live.... a house dh remembers fighting fire in years ago. They always felt it was torched, but could not produce evidence.

But the part is that he has to get off track from the details and tell me every fire fighter and what they were doing.

I'm trying to appear as if I care.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I was awake most all night. Wish I could make $25 an hour working at JoAnn's. I would sooo tell this man to shove it. I am so tired of his mood swings and being at the bottom of his hill.

I'd join ya.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm exhausted from this week. And tonight is Patrick's football game. It doesn't start until 8:30 which means it won't end until 10:30 and then the coach wants to treat the boys to pizza after the game.

Hello? They are 10 & 11 years old. They go to bed then!!

OK - I want to go to bed then!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm trying to figure out why my child support deposit is short?!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Why is my beloved daughter in my room before I finish my first cup of coffee asking about breakfast "is there anything else I can eat?" besides what I just named for her. I'm not a freaking restaurant!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Just deleted over 300 email from my inbox.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

still plugging away on inventory

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Ok. Abby is at school. I need to do a load of laundry because when John did laundry yesterday, he didn't do my jeans, so until I wash them, I'm stuck in my scummy sweat pants.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Nothing wrong with being in sweats!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

No, but they are definately not leaving the house pants: paint stains all over them and hole below the knees.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oreo is still not peeing very much. I set him up alone in my bedroom with his own litter box. Will run home at lunch to check on him. If there he is not flowing - I'll be taking him back to the hospital.

Never thought I'd be hoping to see cat pee!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
No, but they are definately not leaving the house pants: paint stains all over them and hole below the knees.

Awwww, they sound super comfy!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

no they're actually a little small. But they cover my legs and they were the first pair of pants I grabbed this morning when I was rooting in my closet.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

from old thread
  • hukneeb Said:
OH, by the way... remember when I was here chatting w/ you girls and I got all freaked out about a bone popping sound coming from my belly... well..

I finally convinced myself that I must have moved another part of my body without realizing it, and a bone popped or something.

Anyway, no sooner than that, I heard it again, and again, and again... Now it happens all the time!

I had an appt. w/ my dr, on Tuesday and I told her about it (after telling her not to think I am crazy, lol)... and she said that this is normal. She said that they didn't know what it was, but that I am in fact not the only one to report this. Great... I am not as much of a weirdo as I thought, but I still want to know what the heck it is!

As of yet, I still have not found anyone else who has experienced this :(.

I did with Geoffrey, freaked me out too. My doctor told me it was totally normal. It started at 4 or 5 months and lasted the entire rest of the pregnancy.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I got a (bulk) email telling I can register for a HR cruise complimentary, no strings attached! Then the link lists all the things you would have to pay for. Uh huh, no strings, but if you want to ever leave the boat (like say at the end of the cruise) there is a fee, if you want to eat, if you want linens in your cabin..... and so on!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Liz Foltzy - I love all the princesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by scrappycath on 10-03-08 04:39 AM. Reason for edit: Can't type

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Wow, I passed 13,000 posts!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

morning.

Thanks Cathy, wanted something Halloweeney and love the Princesses and so does Micayla (probably why her room is decorated in all Princess stuff).

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. yesterday John torked me off about the dishes and how I was washing them , yada yada. So today I'm doing it exactly the way he said to. I'm hoping that they don't clean well at all and everything needs to be rewashed because stuff got baked on in the dishwasher's dry cycle. For the record, I rinsed everything out before putting stuff in and it's not overly full at all, so it's not like I'm sabotaging the results.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Spaz is visiting again. John just came in here to give me the morning squirrel update and while he was in my room, Spaz grabbed some nuts and made himself comfy with Winnie Bear on the couch. She is not amused.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

OLD THREAD:
  • jelly97 Said:
Hey, ladies.. prayer request here...

DH told me his group just made an announcement that they might be sold... so there will be some layoffs.

If he loses his job, he'll probably want to go full time on photography.. it means I will have to go back on full time work because we need at least ONE steady income.

I'd like him to look for another job, but most of the job offers are in CA.. we don't want to move.

Prayers being sent!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OLD THREAD:
  • leebla Said:

SVT...atrium is kicking out crazy extra beats which ARE being transmitted to the ventricles and his heartrate goes sky high...In 24 hour holter, 3000 episodes of heartrates as high as 180. Yes I said 3000. he is on Cardizem because the Beta Blockers drop his heartrate to 40 and he feels like crud. He has to go see a cardiologist next Thursday.

Far better than VT! (Com'on, I'm trying to look at all the bright side).

Do they know if it is caused by the atria or is the AV node the causal point?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OLD THREAD:
  • leebla Said:
dd had her ultrasound today.
It's a boy!
They can't make up their minds about her due date. Either she is further along then they thought or the kids will be tall!

We went out to dinner with them to celebrate.

Love the good news!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I'm out

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Spaz is visiting again. John just came in here to give me the morning squirrel update and while he was in my room, Spaz grabbed some nuts and made himself comfy with Winnie Bear on the couch. She is not amused.

Too funny!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Guess I've gotta really concentrate on work for a while.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good morning. I have to catch up on the old thread then here.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Brian took my computer and I hate his so I'm going to go for now. BBL

scrapbookbuzz
Diva
scrapbookbuzz
In response to foltzy

Forgot it was Friday 'til I'd already posted on the old thread. So, I'll say it again...

Good morning,all!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I got a packet in the mail today from the lawyer who's handling my grandmother's estate. My paternal grandmother passed away last year, and her estate has been in probate all this time. Well, everything finally finished up and I got a packet informing me that I am one of eleven beneficiaries in her will.

Grandma was quite a wealthy woman, and nobody knew it. She lived very...frugally. I am getting a sum that is roughly a bit more than a year's worth of wages at McD's. I am putting most of it in the bank and paying bills, but I'm also getting a new computer. So I'm shopping around.

Good move.

I want to be grandmother like that. I'm gonna open up savings accounts for both grandsons. My mother did that with my two kids and it's really helped them.

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel

Good Morning Girls.. I just got caught up on the other thread and realized there is a new one.. Yall crack me up.. But thanks for the smile..

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Okay. I did it. All the links work. Took me forever and a week to figure out how Viv's been putting pictures into the opening blog post, but I think I might've figured it out. Maybe. Dunno. I got a picture in there anyhow...g'night...

Ria, I just used the picture button that's provided there in the blog and uploaded images from my harddrive. You did a real link.

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown

Prayers are out there Shirley.... my hubby hopefully starts his new job on the 27th.

I'm going to bed ya'll.... I'll be on later. I haven't gone to sleep yet. It's 7:30 here.

yes, I did go back and edit this... just goes to show you I need to go to sleep

Edited by Altered Whimseys... on 10-03-08 06:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to The Duchess of Sassytown

Morning!

I asked DH to cancel his vacation plans today (he was going to celebrate anniversary with me) and go to the important gropu meeting.

His company has announced that they wanted to sell the division he's in. If there are no buyers, there will be massive layoffs.

But even today, they are thinking of cutting 300 people in AZ.

It's not good news. I do not like going back to full time, but I may have to until he finds another job. We have to make some choices... he gets call from headhunters all the time, but the jobs are in CA... and even if we move there, I'm not sure how long that'll last....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

Shirley.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Morning!

I asked DH to cancel his vacation plans today (he was going to celebrate anniversary with me) and go to the important gropu meeting.

His company has announced that they wanted to sell the division he's in. If there are no buyers, there will be massive layoffs.

It's not good news. I do not like going back to full time, but I may have to until he finds another job. We have to make some choices... he gets call from headhunters all the time, but the jobs are in CA... and even if we move there, I'm not sure how long that'll last....

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I got a packet in the mail today from the lawyer who's handling my grandmother's estate. My paternal grandmother passed away last year, and her estate has been in probate all this time. Well, everything finally finished up and I got a packet informing me that I am one of eleven beneficiaries in her will.

Grandma was quite a wealthy woman, and nobody knew it. She lived very...frugally. I am getting a sum that is roughly a bit more than a year's worth of wages at McD's. I am putting most of it in the bank and paying bills, but I'm also getting a new computer. So I'm shopping around.

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Ria.

Sorry about your grandma. But it's a good thing on the inheritance, right?

We have several macs in our house. We have an iMac from 7 or 8 yrs ago that's in the play area (loaded with kids program) for our kids when they are old enough. I'm using a G4 iBook from 4 years ago. DH got a new iMac for his photo processing.

With macs, you DON'T have to go with top of the line. If you're ready to make the switch, I won't even worry about going dual (running Windows).. well, except for the Cricut Design Studio compatibility. But since all the new MacBooks come with Intel Core Dual chips so you should be fine.

Do you have an Apple store in your area? You can go and try it out. Or look at:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/whichmac/whic hmacbook.html

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

If I were to get a lappy, I would have gone with a beefed up MacBook. I would have gone with at least 160MB HD, because that model comes with a Superdrive. 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo chip with 2GB memory is good enough for me. You'll never need to upgrade anything and it'll last you 3-5 years at least. That's a well spent $1300.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Finished this gift album:

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to jellyziva

Wow Shirley... Very Pretty Gift Album!!!!!!!!!!!

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Morning!

Im Sorry... Hopefully your DH heres good news in his meeting today...

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Craftnangel

Hi everyone

I'm up in Cleveland. I just woke up and it's noon. I haven't slept till noon in forever. I think I really needed it. I would have slept longer but my DH called and woke me up. Tonights the concert and I'm so excited! We made tshirts last night with the band name (like we always do for concerts). It's cheaper than buying the ones at the concert. Well I better hop in the shower and get something to eat.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Scrapnut16

All caught up...definitely need that shower now.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
Old thread:

• BlingQueenRia Said:

Good move.

I want to be grandmother like that. I'm gonna open up savings accounts for both grandsons. My mother did that with my two kids and it's really helped them.

You would never know by the way Grandma lived she was socking away that kind of money. What I'm getting is the LEAST amount of the beneficiaries. I honestly did not expect anything monetary and neither did my sister; I would've been content with an ink pen if it had been hers.

I'm still in such a state of shock. Mom called me this morning to make sure I'd signed the paperwork and sent back what I was supposed to, which I did. And then I promptly celebrated with a cherry vanilla Diet Coke during Sonic's half-price-drink Happy Hour.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Ria.

Sorry about your grandma. But it's a good thing on the inheritance, right?

We have several macs in our house. We have an iMac from 7 or 8 yrs ago that's in the play area (loaded with kids program) for our kids when they are old enough. I'm using a G4 iBook from 4 years ago. DH got a new iMac for his photo processing.

With macs, you DON'T have to go with top of the line. If you're ready to make the switch, I won't even worry about going dual (running Windows).. well, except for the Cricut Design Studio compatibility. But since all the new MacBooks come with Intel Core Dual chips so you should be fine.

Do you have an Apple store in your area? You can go and try it out. Or look at:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/whichmac/whic hmacbook.html

We don't have an Apple store that's easy to get to. There IS one on the Plaza, but it's hard to get there. I would have to run dual to use my Design Studio, and I'm sure there's other programs I have that are Windows-only. Stuff I never gave a second thought to having been "IBM-compatible" my entire life. I don't need top-of-the-line. I don't want the Macbook Air (doesn't have a memory card slot and other reasons).

I subscribed to "Computer Shopper" because I am such a technodiva (as Kim would say) that I like to just keep up with what's new in the computer world. Who knew I'd be using it to actually compare computers????

I'm torn, actually. Between a MacBook and a tablet PC. But the tablet PC is an HP, and I've seen Monica go through all kinds of trouble with HER HP, so I'm not sure I want to go that route for my lappy...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:

Ria, I just used the picture button that's provided there in the blog and uploaded images from my harddrive. You did a real link.

This is why I should just set it up and go back and add a picture the next day.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi. Came home to check on Oreo. He pee'd! I know, TMCI Too Much Cat Inforamtion.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gonna get some food and head back to work!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Morning!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

bye. Gotta go.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Viv, am I like totally blind in one eye and can't see out of the other? I am totally missing the "picture" button in the blog...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
Hi. Came home to check on Oreo. He pee'd! I know, TMCI Too Much Cat Inforamtion.

In this case, we understand the importance. Now if I was to report on one my kitty's urinating situation...

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 10-03-08 09:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Viv, am I like totally blind in one eye and can't see out of the other? I am totally missing the "picture" button in the blog...

First off I want to make sure of a few things and not assume anything. I know you're very good with computers and software so it is not that that I'm asking these questions. You've done tech support so you know.

First off you are editing a blog?

If yes, and not just reading a blog, then continue on.

2) Does it say "Switch to WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor" below your work area box? IF so, that's why you're not seeing the buttons. Click on it "Switch to WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor" to where it will say "Not working? Change to Text-based Entries."

3) Right below the title is the date then below that is "Entry" which will have alot of buttons/options by it. Bottom left button is how you can just add an image. It has "ibrowser" if you move your cursor over it. It will open up a new window. Follow the directions with the new window.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:

Yay for peeing!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:

First off I want to make sure of a few things and not assume anything. I know you're very good with computers and software so it is not that that I'm asking these questions. You've done tech support so you know.

First off you are editing a blog?

If yes, and not just reading a blog, then continue on.

2) Does it say "Switch to WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor" below your work area box? IF so, that's why you're not seeing the buttons. Click on it "Switch to WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor" to where it will say "Not working? Change to Text-based Entries."

3) Right below the title is the date then below that is "Entry" which will have alot of buttons/options by it. Bottom left button is how you can just add an image. It has "ibrowser" if you move your cursor over it. It will open up a new window. Follow the directions with the new window.

Still not seeing the buttons. I'm editing a blog, I'm in WYSIWYG, but there's no buttons. I've done tech support yes. Some basic stuff. And my brothers and I are Mom's personal 24-hour tech support and while we love her dearly, it's difficult!!!

I wonder if my browser would have something to do with it? At this very second I'm running both Firefox and Safari...I'm online under BlingQueenRia on Firefox and on under VCW from Safari...could my browser have something to do with it?

I think I'll try it under IE and see what happens..a lot of stuff doesn't work with Safari, like ABC's Full Episode Viewer. (Which ISN'T fair, IMO. *stomps foot just a little*) Let me go try it in IE and see if I can see the buttons you're talking about...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

There it is!!!!! It just didn't like Safari...must remember that...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• BlingQueenRia Said:

You would never know by the way Grandma lived she was socking away that kind of money. What I'm getting is the LEAST amount of the beneficiaries. I honestly did not expect anything monetary and neither did my sister; I would've been content with an ink pen if it had been hers.

I'm still in such a state of shock. Mom called me this morning to make sure I'd signed the paperwork and sent back what I was supposed to, which I did. And then I promptly celebrated with a cherry vanilla Diet Coke during Sonic's half-price-drink Happy Hour.

Did she live frugally? If so, maybe that's why she was able to save up so much...

I am a follower of Motley Fool (which is actually a follower of Warren Buffet, I believe), and the one thing they stress is "Live below your means".

And of course, the storing up 10% of your savings if you can. We have only been able to do it in our 401K. But I've been trying..... we did in the previous years before when I was working full time.. help us to pay the principle down on our mortgage and greatly reduced the years on our mortgage.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Ria.. if you consider getting a Macbook, I really like this:

Apple 13.3" MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB, 160GB, SuperDrive

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB SATA/100, Intel GMA X3100 graphics 144MB, 13" TFT 1280x800, Super Drive(DVD+-R/CD-RW), Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n WLAN, Bluetooth, OS X 10.5 Leopard

If my DH sees this, he'll complain about the 13.3", but you know, for me, it's totally fine. I am happy with a 12" lappy.. not a problem for me. But I don't do a lot of image processing.

This is a new combo.. 2.4GHz CPU is good enough for daily home use (unless you do a lot of video rendering). 2GB memory is good. 160GB is good and if you need more, you can always add an external drive.

Mac is truly plug and play. It'll be a pleasure should you decide to switch.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

Did she live frugally? If so, maybe that's why she was able to save up so much...

I am a follower of Motley Fool (which is actually a follower of Warren Buffet, I believe), and the one thing they stress is "Live below your means".

And of course, the storing up 10% of your savings if you can. We have only been able to do it in our 401K. But I've been trying..... we did in the previous years before when I was working full time.. help us to pay the principle down on our mortgage and greatly reduced the years on our mortgage.

She lived VERY frugally. I don't remember getting more than little stuff from her for Christmas. Which that really does NOT matter, it's just that now as an adult I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. At least half of this money or more is going into the bank to be untouched. The remainder is going to pay bills and get a new computer, since mine started that shutting itself off thing again.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Ria.. if you consider getting a Macbook, I really like this:

Apple 13.3" MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB, 160GB, SuperDrive

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB SATA/100, Intel GMA X3100 graphics 144MB, 13" TFT 1280x800, Super Drive(DVD+-R/CD-RW), Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n WLAN, Bluetooth, OS X 10.5 Leopard

If my DH sees this, he'll complain about the 13.3", but you know, for me, it's totally fine. I am happy with a 12" lappy.. not a problem for me. But I don't do a lot of image processing.

This is a new combo.. 2.4GHz CPU is good enough for daily home use (unless you do a lot of video rendering). 2GB memory is good. 160GB is good and if you need more, you can always add an external drive.

Mac is truly plug and play. It'll be a pleasure should you decide to switch.

I was thinking of that one, I think the white one looks so clean and pretty...but I'm probably going to go MacBook Pro because I am used to the bigger screen. I do a LOT of multitasking, and it is not unusual for me to have six or seven things going at once. At a minimum. Right now I only have three things going, but I just rebooted my computer again, and not willingly, either.

My laptop has more uses than just computer stuff. If I need to take the kids somewhere that they'll be sitting around bored waiting for literally hours, I'll take my laptop and a few movies and let them watch movies. And a bigger screen means less fighting. It was a life saver when we were living in a battered women's shelter a few years ago, right before we moved out of MIL's apartment. I considered taking it to court last year for Jory to watch movies and play games on, but I really did NOT want to lug it around all morning, shopping.

I've been on Apple's website all morning, reading and watching videos. The videos have me hooked. I'm definitely getting a Mac. Question now is....which one?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

One more Mac question, Shirley...you said last night you had several Macs in your house, and some were old. (Decrepit by Windows standards, but still running with the big dogs and keeping up by Mac's standards. ) As the Macs have gotten older have you had any major problems with any of them? Whichever Mac I get I'm getting the 3-year AppleCare warranty, but I'm just worried about AFTER the warranty's up...

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:

That is simply gorgeous.... WOW

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown

Good afternoon.... I'm awake again...Now in search of much needed shower and a toothbrush.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

impatiently waiting for the mail to be delivered. Mailman is in the lobby right now.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

I just mowwed down lunch consisting of BBQ Chicken/mashy taters (Lean Gourmet) and some veggies in a light butter sauce in a "Healthy Weight" entree.
Back to work!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Hi

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I got a paycheck today!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I just cranked the heat in here. I should finally be warm in about 20 minutes!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Been running crazy here. I've got a new responsibility now at work. I'll be working with the architects, taking the house drawings (floor plans) that they create and elevations and manipulating them into print and web brochures.

Hmmm, think this is a result of my sending that digi page to the owner?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I got a paycheck today!

WooHoo!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Sounds suspiciously like that's what happened, Cathy. COngrats?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

One caveat to the new responsibility, they can't buy more licenses for the software that I need to use, so we can't install it on my computer... means I'll have to use a computer in another part of the office to do this work.

I'll be away from accessing you guys!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sounds suspiciously like that's what happened, Cathy. COngrats?

Thanks Liz. I'm not sure, honestly. But I'll look at the bright side, it's one more thing I know how to do here, I've now worked in every department.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Speaking of heat..... Patrick's football game is tonight. We are going to freeze our butts off!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ugh, Cathy.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ooo, just noticed the time. I want to get out of here a bit early to feed Pat dinner so he is not playing on a full tummy!

See you all tomorrow.... I hope.

Happy Friday night!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
Been running crazy here. I've got a new responsibility now at work. I'll be working with the architects, taking the house drawings (floor plans) that they create and elevations and manipulating them into print and web brochures.

Hmmm, think this is a result of my sending that digi page to the owner?

It's a blessing ... and a curse. Watching Monk alot lately.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Wow. I can totally tell that John is playing a game online. Not only can I hear the game sounds in my room, but everything is taking longer to load now.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
One caveat to the new responsibility, they can't buy more licenses for the software that I need to use, so we can't install it on my computer... means I'll have to use a computer in another part of the office to do this work.

I'll be away from accessing you guys!

Oh, no!! That's the curse part!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I just mowwed down lunch consisting of BBQ Chicken/mashy taters (Lean Gourmet) and some veggies in a light butter sauce in a "Healthy Weight" entree.
Back to work!

I'm making a crock pot bbq chicken recipe. It's turned out very runny. So I was thinking to serve on the side... Well, mashy taters sound like the ticket! Thanks.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

We went to get Brian's glasses but the lab screwed them up. They were suppose to be balanced so they looked the same (1 good eye, one that he is blind in) when we got there 1 side was the prescription (they way it was suppose to be and they were thick lens too) and 1 side just a slim piece of glass (pretty much like what is in the glasses when you try them on). It looked really bad with a thick side and a slim side so now we have to wait 7 more days until he can get them.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Woohoo!! They only need to pick 7 more jurors before I don't have to report for jury duty. Stupid bailout and debate coverage made me miss out on the announcement that jurors 8 through 11 were chosen.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Altered Whimseys... Said:
Good afternoon.... I'm awake again...Now in search of much needed shower and a toothbrush.

Kim, darling, we've been over this already sweetheart. Shower and toothbrush are both in the bathroom.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DawnInAZ Said:
Back to work!

I'm making a crock pot bbq chicken recipe. It's turned out very runny. So I was thinking to serve on the side... Well, mashy taters sound like the ticket! Thanks.

We're having chicken and Lizzie's "mashin' tatoes" for dinner tonight, too. I am going to roast mine, though. Usually about this time of year I get a roastin' chicken and I practice my roasting techniques on it. Jeremy's grandma Mary used to call it "Thanksgiving practice" or "Thanksgiving dry-run."

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
We went to get Brian's glasses but the lab screwed them up. They were suppose to be balanced so they looked the same (1 good eye, one that he is blind in) when we got there 1 side was the prescription (they way it was suppose to be and they were thick lens too) and 1 side just a slim piece of glass (pretty much like what is in the glasses when you try them on). It looked really bad with a thick side and a slim side so now we have to wait 7 more days until he can get them.

I bet he's irritated at them. I know I would be.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Altered Whimseys... Said:
  • jelly97 Said:

That is simply gorgeous.... WOW

I agree! Gorgeous and stunning!!!

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics