Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Welcome!

If you are here, Im assuming you may be a little overwhelmed or at a deadlock in your ideas. If your looking for answers, guidence, and inspiration, you've found it!

I to am fairly new at scrapbooking and joined SB. COM not that long ago. I really enjoy visiting the galleries and am in awe of all the extremely talented work of the scrapbook artists here.

Over the monthes, I have made some good friendships with some fantastic people.

Just recently I decided to create a group for newcomers and others like myself who would like to improve their scrapbooking skills. With the help of some well known artists, I hope to accomplish this.

These ladies have kindly agreed to join in and help us out as much as possible. Sooo.... please sit back, gave your favorite beverage, and enjoy some of their wonderful pages from their personal albums. Study their techniques, and take some tips from some of the best.

Hope your looking forward to learning something and applying what they teach us to make your OWN STYLE of layout. If you scraplift someone , please for the sake of courtesy, give them the credit. Number 1 rule!!!

NOTE: THIS GROUP IS FULL AND CLOSED FOR NOW. IT IS ALSO FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT POST LAYOUTS ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE A MEMBER. THANK YOU!

However please feel free to leave some love for your favorites, and don't forget to visit their galleries to comment on other great pages.

You may pm the girls or myself at anytime.

Happy Scrapping!!

Pam aka Skrappy Shutterbug
Creator of Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall of Fame Technique Group

Members:

Altergeisha (Ruth)
Anjul (Wanda)
Anderjackie (Jackie)
BabyKaykz1108 (Adrienne)
Beggahuna
Belle (Belle)
BettyLou1 (Betty)
Catz (Teresa)
Chickey6363 (Nilsa)
Debla (Deb)
2dogs (Toni)
Foamy (Lynne)
Gabreillep (Gabreille)
GramaScraper (Linda)
Hazylady (Sue)
hisgirlre (Stacey)
Inspired2day (Anisha)
Inqunn H (Ingunn)
Joy2Scrapbook (Dolores)
Luci Scrapper (Debbie)
Madelines Mom
Micupoftea (Shawn)
PamelaScrapps (Pam)
Phamil (Patti)
Piscine
Rachelk (Rachel)
Scrapcited (Hetty)
Scrapn biker chick (Patti)
Scrapperlicious (Irene)
Scrappinraiderfan (Rayette)
Scrappy Daisy (Irene)
Scrapzalot (Lisa)
Sqoetter (Susan)
StarSailorScrapper (Lisa)
Suepup (Charlotte)
Sure Why Not (Paula)
Susan
Too Scrappy (Lori)

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 12-08-08 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

wow I am the first one here, yeah

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to luciscraper

Welcome Debbie! This is going to be a blast! I can just tell! HEHE!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

me to, I can't wait to get started, lol

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Wellll since you were the first to arrive, I think you should be the first to start the los. Let's get this party started girl!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

ok, not sure what I'm to tell you about my lo, but I'll try.
I frosted the edges so it blends in with the papers, then I took a bling line and croped it to just one bling and put it around the pic for a frame.

Forever friends By Luci-scraper

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

You've got it sunshine! On the right track. That sounds very interesting. Never heard of frosting before. Will have to check that one out.

Love that pic of u and Mollie. Didn't u first scrap that after she ran away and came home?

Like the softness to this lo. Makes me wanna hug her to!

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 10-11-08 09:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

ok! i'll be second! Altho i dont know if any really interested in this kinda thing..but here goes,,i like to do this so maybe someone else will too ...........

LIVING LIFE BY THE DROP
By Bettylou1
here is a quick and really easy way to alter chipboard! sometimes i dont have an embellishment or the correct type looking letters i want so i try to find ways to alter what i do have!..i know we all know you can paint something or glitter it but sometimes you want a different look!..this may be something you might want to try! its fun, cheap!!,and so easy to do!... in this first example i used letters already pretty, but i wanted to fancy it up just a bit...
i took paper sticker ribbon by k&co and stuck in on my shirt a few times! yes! i did! (you dont want to damage the chipboard by taking it off when too sticky!) ,,this makes it less sticky then i applied it to the chipboard letters, and just inked over it! then i pulled it off carefully and ....they look so much different!! just think of all the things you can use as a mask and give it a try!
in this next example..i used tissue paper for wrapping and decopodge! but school glue that dries clear with a little water added will do just as good!..
then i took my tissue and wadded it all up making it nice and wrinkley (is that a word? LOL) then i straighten it out a bit..added the glue to the chipboard and carefully smooth it over the chiboard creating the winkles i want as i go..you have to use quite a bit of glue for it to look right..it will not look so good tho until it all dries!
then i just cut the tissue to fit under the bottom of each element a bit to hide all the ugly edges..! that's it! i believe i inked the tissue just a bit before i applied it also.. if you want your chipboard shiny you can use a paintbrush after it dries and go over the whole thing with a coat of decopodge...have fun!

I Love USA
By Bettylou1
Proudly Bear The Colors
By Bettylou1

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Yeah!! Now were rolling! Let's go girls! Thanks Betty , Good Job!! Off to bed now, I can hardly see straight anymore! HEHE! Will investigate this in detail tomorrow. Night!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

you're welcome! i have a few more up my sleeves!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-12-08 12:58 AM
In response to bettylou1

Okies I can be third... But must tell you I am humbled to be a part of this! I hope i am not out of my league!
Here is something that I found works well for me. I know everyone has a technique to "ink" your lo's. I have found that I love to use the foam make-up wedges for this! First they are fairly inexpensive & second they can hold little or lots of ink. Often i will use this method to cover raw chip letters... it is good to get around the edges & hard to reach spots. I like to load up one side with one color color.. then another color on flip side. This gives a blended effect. I did the green flourishes this way,using the same color ink as in the title on the flip side to pick up the color! Thanks for looking

Angel Eyes
By Foamy

Edited by Foamy on 10-12-08 01:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Glad to see you Foamy! Im so excited, this is getting off to a great start! Thanks for the tip on inking. I know for sure my los are going to look alot different, once I master these techniques.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Note for viewers, if you don't understand something , ask questions. If you want to leave comments here, pls feel free. Always like to hear from everyone.

Members ? Well you guys already know the drill! HEHE!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Betty I have GOT to find some of this 'paper ribbon' you mentioned using - I love the letters you made!!! Outstanding!I wondered how you did that!

Ok I'll go poke in my gallery for something

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Belle*

Grace & Jack By Belle*

Heritage layouts are my first love, and are what my first serious scrapping was all about. To me the most important thing is usually finding the right paper. I like Cosmo and some other heavy dark papers for this era. I reach for Daisy many times when I do my mother from the era of the 30's and 40's. My dad's family -- a totally different paper, they were from the hills of Virginia.

Here I chose Cosmo Cricket papers. I like the effect of placing a pattern over a solid. I tear, roll, and ink the edges of my top layer for an older look. Everyone does this differently, I use a ruler that has a rough patterned edge to it – specifically made for tearing paper. Sometimes I use a distressing tool next, depending on how much tearing I want. I roll the edges with my fingers, and use distress ink on the whole perimeter.

I chose my patterned paper color to match his tie/her scarf. I am afraid I do see the late 1800's through about 19120 in brown LOL!! I look for embellishments fit the time period and photos, as we all do. Nothing special about what I did there. I chose a scrap of lace because of Grace's lacey blouse, and the old post card and pocket watch bits suited both photos. Jack had a similar pocket watch.

I altered my letters to match -- I can't remember what color they were, I think pumpkin color?? I inked with several layers of Ranger Distress Ink, letting it dry in between. The top layer was a Ranger distress ink that comes in a bottle with a dauber top. That worked out beautifully making them look old.

The texture bits on the flowers and here and there are snow texture that I heard about from CATZ!! LOVE it! The little journal ticket is another Tim Holtz /Ranger product......I find I use these products a lot in my heritage layouts. I used one blue flower because of Grace's blue eyes.

This is going to be a very interesting thread. Only a few posts and I've already picked up a trick from Betty!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Wow Betty, those are some really cool ideas. Really like those chipboard letters! That procedure adds such flair to an otherwise ordinary embellishment. TFS!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Hi Belle! So happy to see you've arrived! I know you've got me covered with my Heritage los. My first love also. You rock !

Busy morning today, going to the family's sugar camp for Thanksgiving dinner. Have to go to town first, so better get hopping. Will talk to you tonight, and can't wait to check out your post more closely. xx

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 10-12-08 07:39 AM

HEY EVERYONE!!! OK I NEED 2 ASK THE FIRST QUESTION...IM NOT GOOD WITH THIS COMPUTER "STUFF" HOW DO U POST UR LO ON THIS THREAD & NOT JUST A LINK?? HELP!!!!
P.S. I DON'T SPELL VERY GOOD EITHER!!! LOL!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to 2dogs

Hey 2dogs! You made it! Can't wait to see what your going to show us!

Here are the directions for posting los to thread.

Go to gallery. click on lo, Click on link/embed.
Click on IMG code, click on Copy & Paste Embed Code. A box should appear asking you if you want to allow access.

Select size you want. I usually select larger.
You have now copied lo to the thread. Go back to thread, right click, click on paste. Type your post and submit. If you have trouble , let me know and we'll try it again tonight Pam

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter

Not exactly sure what you're looking for here...but here goes!

It seems that I have tons of "heritage" photos, although when I scrap a photo of me as a child, it makes me sound SOOOOOO old when I think that the layout is considered "heritage"!

On this layout, I tried something new for me. I wanted the background to look like peeling wallpaper, so I matted my photo first, decided "where" I would place it on the bg paper and lightly drew marks at the corners of the large mat. Then I marked a few places to "tear" the wallpaper. To do this in the middle of a l2x12 paper, just cut a slit with your exacto knife, then tear towards you to get the rough edges showing. Then I dampen the edges and curl them up. When the paper is dry, I use my inks and really ink the edges heavy. I didn't use a full sheet of paper behind the tears...just cut squares that would fill the hole and adhered it to the back of the layout. I don't have a distressing tool, so I just use a pair of scissors along the edges of my paper. Sometimes the scissors slip and cut the edge...work with it and make it part of the peeling wallpaper look.

I use Photoshop Elements 5 for all my photo editing and often "clean up" my older photos. This was a very small photo that I scanned in at 600 dpi and then turned it to a sephia tone.

Any questions? I'll answer if I can!

Almost Like a Dream
By Sgoetter

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter
In response to sgoetter

Another thing...when you have a layout with 3-D elements like the butterflies on my layout....it's best to take a photo of the layout rather than scan the layout.

When taking a photo of my layouts, I take it during the daytime, near a window/door with lots of natural light. This means no funny shadows like the blinds or the shadow of a lamp that the sun is behind....good bright natural light.

I place the layout on the floor. I have a black "project" board like the ones used for a science fair project....you know...the two sides fold in. I place the black project board on the floor in the natural light and place my layout on it. Then I stand and hold my camera direct above the layout and get as close as possible to the layout and still have it all in the picture. It's best NOT to zoom for this. Focus the photo and snap the pic.

I upload my photos to my computer and using Photoshop Elements 5, I "crop" the photo down to just the layout.

You don't have to have PSE5...any photo editing program that allows you to crop your photos will work.

Hope this helps...

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 10-12-08 11:49 AM
In response to sgoetter

MERRY CHRISTMAS
By 2dogs
I DID IT!!! I'M SO PROUD OF MY BAD SELF!!! ON THIS LO I CHALKED THE EDGES WITH COLORBOX CHALKS, IN THE FLORAL DEPT. OF A CRAFT STORE I FOUND THESE FLORAL PICKS . I LUV 2 LOOK 4 THINGS 2 USE ON LOS THAT AREN'T IN A scrapbook store !!THE CUT OUTS ON THIS WHERE ON A SHEET OF PAPER & I JUST CUT OUT THE THINGS I WANTED 2 USE ON THIS LO.

Edited by 2dogs on 10-12-08 11:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to 2dogs

Susan I have to try taking a photo of my layouts, I'll try the way you say, just have to find something black or at least dark and solid. I always scan but I don't care for it with my lumpy layouts. The only layout I photographed, one of the "Jack and Grace" ones, looks horrid - if you see it it's colors are all off. I am going to find something try your way, I think I did two things you said not to - I used a flash and I zoomed in. Thanks for the advice!

PS I love that tearing you did on your layout, I think I will give that a shot next heritage I do!

Edited by Belle* on 10-12-08 04:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-12-08 04:43 PM
In response to Belle*

ohh ladies everyones info is sooo great!
I am looking forward to trying some heritage lo's and using some of the techniques !!!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Foamy

Hi ladies!!! Just wanted to check in and say "hello!" and let you all know that I was gone all week-end and just got back, so I have to unpack and get some things done, but I'll be here tomorrow!!! So nice to have this group and it's so nice to "see" everyone!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

Hey girls, just checking in. So happy to see you here Susan and Patti! This is getting off to a really good start! Now Im off to do my homework, and see what you all have to say.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Deb, Im almost afraid to ask,but are these techniques you would use to do a digi? As I said, I really like how you've softened the outeredges and that frame around you and Mollie is sooo pretty!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil

Okay, here's my first set of tips, just a few tricks that I use from time to time, first here's the layout:
Family By Phamil
If you don't have a butterfly or dragonfly that you like, you can use a sticker. The butterfly here is an old K and Company one, I took it and put it on a transparency and cut it out, then folded each side up and attached it. You have a 3-D butterfly!!!

The second thing on this page that was really easy, if you have a chipboard title that isn't the right color, but has the right sentiment, first paint it with acrylic paint, then use some alcohol inks to get the colors that match!!! I did that with "family".

Last, for a different look I tore a piece of cardboard box, took the top layers off and painted it with acrylic paint, give a really cool textured look to you page!

Hope these are a few tips that you can use!!!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to phamil

amazing new tips, thanks girls

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• Skrappy Shutterbug Said:
Deb, Im almost afraid to ask,but are these techniques you would use to do a digi? As I said, I really like how you've softened the outeredges and that frame around you and Mollie is sooo pretty!

Well I have soften the edges on a pic and printed it out also

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Lynne, this is so full of pretty colors and the butterfly is gorgeous! Your blending of ink trick is something I would sure use. TFS!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Belle*

Wow Belle, what a great explanation of your lo! When a person is looking at something like this in the gallery, all you can think of is how nice or pretty it looks, never really understanding the thought and work put into it to make it just right. You've done an amazing job with this, and those pictures are stunning! TFS!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to sgoetter

OMG!! What a neat technique, you girls are just full of surprises aren't you? I plan on working on a Heritage album and this is one awesome way to add flair. Kepp them coming! I read your story about this pic. Too cute!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Belle*

I just want to comment on one more thing. I agree about the paper being such an important part of creating the type of lo you want. I did a heritage page on my Mom and stuggled with it for the longest time. I realized in the end, it was the paper I had in stock. Ended up having to go buy just the right one to be satisfied.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

alot of times I take the pic with me and find just the right papers

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to 2dogs

Really like how the chalking makes the edges look worn and faded by time. Gotta love those black and whites! I have a ton of them. HEHE! The old fashioned Santas are a great addition to the overall lo.
When you add embellishments, such as the ones from the craft store, do you have trouble with your album not laying flat?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

Patti, thks for those great tricks. Who would ever think of using a piece of cardboard box on your lo? Not me! I quess thats where having a good imagination comes in. HAHA!As for the 3d butterfly, I think if I ever try that one, I'll have to get back to you.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Can you elaborate on the frosting method if not doing digi?

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

It' hard to explain, but I'll try. I got a program from wal-mart and it lets me shade the edges of the pic's

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

i dont know about Toni but i buy 3 ring 12x12 binders to hold my lo's. you almost have to. and i also cut about maybe i/4 inch off each of my los before i begin one to accomadate for all the bulk or else it dosent fit right in the clear sleeves,,

and i have a question! SUSAN..how do you use scissors to distress the edges of your lo?? i always just use the old tear it by hand..sounds interesting!
and TONI,,..dosent the chalk smear on your lo?? i use ink but it seems i go thru so much i am forever buying it! chalk sounds better! but the chalk i have smears?? oh! and what pp did you cut the b/w santas out of?? its adorable!!

thanks ladies! !

Edited by bettylou1 on 10-12-08 09:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi ladies!

i might have to get on a late start. I'm still in France doing some workshops at an international convention here. Then I'll be off to Sweden. I'll be only back on the 21st Oct. So hopefully I have lots to share then. Hugs!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrapperlicious

What a surprise! Wan't expecting to hear from you so soon. Knew you were away. You must be having a great time in France, and then jetting off to Swedn!! What a life! HEHE! Hope your having a wonderful time Irene. Get lots of beautiful pictures to show us when you get back. Can't wait !! Take care. Hugs

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 10-13-08 06:18 AM
In response to bettylou1

MORIN' EVERYONE!! I USE COLORBOX CHAIKS U CAN BUY THEM HERE AT THE SUPERSTORE OR MOST SCRAP STORES CARRY THEM. THE PAPER THAT I CUT THE SANTA OUT OF I DON'T KNOW THE BRAND, BUT I JUST GOT IT SO IT SHOULD BE IN THE SCRAP STORES.
BETTY I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THE BINDER... THANKS GIRL I HAVE 2 BUY SOME, I HAVE BEEN JUST STUFFING THEM IN MY SCRAPP BOOK. I PUT ALOT OF MY LO IN WOOD FRAMES & HANG THEM DOWN MY HALL & SWITCH THEM OUT ALL THE TIME, NOW MY DAUGHTER DOES THE SAME THING, NOW MY HALL LOOKS BETTER & ITS FUN 2 LOOK AT ALL THE PICS!!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil

• scrapperlicious Said:
Hi ladies!

i might have to get on a late start. I'm still in France doing some workshops at an international convention here. Then I'll be off to Sweden. I'll be only back on the 21st Oct. So hopefully I have lots to share then. Hugs!

Irene, have fun!!!! Take lots of pics too!!! LOL!!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
i dont know about Toni but i buy 3 ring 12x12 binders to hold my lo's. you almost have to. and i also cut about maybe i/4 inch off each of my los before i begin one to accomadate for all the bulk or else it dosent fit right in the clear sleeve

I do exactly what Betty does. I am a very lumpy scrapper and I would never lay my books flat. I use We R Memory Keepers linen 3 ring binders. If you look you will see a photo of my collection on the product page, I think. I agree too that you need to trim that quarter inch off before you start scrapping so the page fits 'comfortably'.

3-ring is something I changed all my books to this year. I am jumping all over the past 100 years in my scrapping LOL!!! I need to be able to insert a layout wherever I need to, easily.

Oh - and like 2-dogs, I use ColorBox Chalk Ink for edges - LOVE the stuff!!! Best!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

Irene have fun and take ton's of pic's

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-13-08 05:16 PM

I think I shall try the 3 ring binders! Right now i have posts that resemble towers there are so many extensions!

bobbij
bobbij 
Governor
bobbij
In response to 2dogs

I have a slightly dumb question!
Are you talking about chalks as in chalky chalks or chalk inks? I too have a hard time keeping the chalks from flying away! Help!!!!!!
Thanks in advnce!

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to bobbij

OK here goes, tell me if I am doing this right lol.

Simply Beautiful
By Scrappinraiderfan

On this LO I did all kinds of things.
I started by stamping flourishes, using stazon ink. Than I lightly chalked around the flourishes. I then inked with colorbox chalk around the edges. Next I tore the two PP's, inked the edges of them as well. I covered the chipboard with orange paper, sanded the edges off and embossed them with black embossing powder and heated them with a heat gun. I used white acrylic paint around the edge of the picture. I dyed my black flowers with RIT dye (I find black flowers are hard to find)I then applied the title by using rubons. I doodled a little around the journaling card which I also inked. I then added a couple stitches with embroidery floss.
Whew I put alot of effort into this LO. Hope it at least shows lol.

I feel very blessed to have been chosen to participate in this with all of the other ladies here. Thank you

Edited by scrappinraiderfan on 10-13-08 07:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
and i have a question! SUSAN..how do you use scissors to distress the edges of your lo?? i always just use the old tear it by hand..sounds interesting!

Bettylou....I use my cutterbee scissors...only open them about halfway, then drag the "v" of the scissors down the edge of the paper. You need to practice to learn the right amoung of "pressure", but sharper scissors will fray the edges. Try holding the scissors...not by the loop handles..but at the "V"...if you hold them by the loop handles, you'll have a tendency to close them and that will cut not fray. Does this make sense?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrappinraiderfan

Hey Rayette! Welcome! What a wonderful vintage lo! Am really likin all the techniques you put into this. So fun to see things pointed out that I never knew exsisted or would have ever thought of.

You did a great job posting, and I had fun looking at each point in the lo. TFS!

Sweetie, Im blessed to have you here!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to sgoetter

Thks susan for that tip . I probably would have made a terrible mess of my paper cutting just like you would anytime. Never would have know you have to drag it!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

JCI and Im so excited! I just can't Hide it!.....
LOL! A little play on words, remember that song girls?? Oh well maybe it's the brainfreeze from staying up too late at night and getting up too early. HEHE!

Any way on a serious note, want to say how happy I am that you guys are here and it's working out just the way I intended. You guys are doing a great job with your instructing, and I for one am learning alot. When I apply some of these things to a lo, I'll post it as long as you promise not to

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

oh yeah babe -- Pointer Sisters

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

wow there are some awesome ideals here

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Hey Girls, just a note to say Im going to be away for a few days. Going to be visitng the beautiful Prince Edward Island . Business/vacation with DH. Talk to u probably this weekend.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

have fun

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-14-08 09:30 AM

ohhhhh enjoy! I am still recovering from vacation... blah dread getting back to real life!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

here is a digi from me. I frosted the egdes and then added, the flowers and the swrils, digi is fun and fast, but I miss mt paper

You are so cute By Luci-scraper

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Immm Baaak! HAHA! Cancelled trip for today. Still waiting for another part to come in before delivery to the island. Just as well, HEHE! get to spend the weekend there now!
Have any of you seen or been to PEI? It's a very beautiful place, with lots of farmland and rolling hills, and tons of great beaches. Should be pretty this time of year hopefully with the leaves changing. Also home of Anne of Green Gables.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

This is a really great sketch idea for using multiple pics. And look at that little fuzzy face! Neat idea Deb!with the circle.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

thanks

babykaykz1108
Pro
babykaykz1108
In response to bettylou1

JCI...I'll post some layouts tomorrow. So glad to be part of such a great group of ladies!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to babykaykz1108

here is a new card for me

I put gliter on my rub-on, and I used a bling flower and put my brad through it, I also put gliter on my thickers, letter's

4U By Luci-scraper

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is another card I made. I used the paper frill's, and thickers letters, I buy bling in @#&, and I cute them apart and use them in the center of my flowers, plus I put gliter on them and on the letters. My mom gave me a big sewing needle, so I use it to make my stitching

4U By Luci-scraper

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi everyone! Just checking in from Stockholm. I'm still in Sweden and will be cursing to Finland tomorrow. In the meantime, I've posted pics of my projects for the workshops that I've done on the convention at France. Do check it out if you wish and if there's questions, I'll be more than glad to answer them. That's it for now...btw, love all the gorgeous work shared so far by all you talented ladies!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil

HEy Irene!!!

Just letting everyone know, we're going back to the cabin for the week-end and we're leaving tomorrow. We usually try to go a good bit this time of year when the leaves are changing! I'll catch up when we get back!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to phamil

Sounds like a wonderful bit of time Patti - hope you enjoy it!!

anajul
anajul 
Diva
anajul

Hi everyone!! I'm a little late showing up to this thread. Actually, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the gorgeous work you ladies have been posting. I'm not sure I have the talent to be part of this group but I am honored to be considered. I've been in a little depressed mood for some time so I haven't done any scrapping. I will try to post something soon and share my....uhmmm....techniques!! lol I'm a pretty basic scrapper so I may not have that much to share. I'll probably learn more than I can offer!! Thanks Pam for selecting me!! I'll be back soon!! anajul (aka Wanda)

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to sgoetter

Hi Everyone! It's been great reading everyone's tips and I am blown away to be included. Sorry it took me so long to make a post but my mom was in the hospital and just got out yesterday. She is doing fine now so back to scrapping
So here's my layout!

With all my heart By Inspired2day

For this layout I cut out strips of paper and used a Heidi Swapp distresser to cut up the edges. It's only 99 cents and works wonderfully! Then I inked the edges with tea dye distress ink to add depth. I cut out the dragonfly from BG perhaps paper and then I used my finger to cover it in pink and frosted lace stickles. For the body, I used alcohol ink to color clear beads and adhered them with glossy accents. I also used alcohol ink to color the gold say it in crystals border. I used the Bazzill Basics in stitch'z template to stitch around all the strips. If there are any questions please feel free to ask me.

Edited by inspired2day on 10-15-08 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

Lucky you! A getaway retreat to go to whenever the mood hits. It must be beautiful there this time of year. Have fun. Im still at home but leaving for sure some time tommorrow for PEI. Supposed to be a go this time! LOL!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to anajul

Hi Wanda! Glad to see you made it . I know what you mean about having lost the mojo for scrappin'. I haven't done any los for awhile either. That's why Im so glad we have this group and all you divas to get the creative juices flowing again. HEHE! That's what friends are for eh? Can't wait to see what you come up with. Love love love your Lily lo!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to inspired2day

So glad you've arrived Anisha!! Thanks for that beautiful lo you created! I am amazed that you can do so much with the inks . I know alot of people use them, but never knew you could alter beads with it. Interesting! I also see people mentioning stickes. Im still not sure exactly what it is. Is it something like a glitter? Do you have to adhere it with something like glue?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Thanks for showing us your card techniques Debbie. I know this is a really popular thing right now, and maybe as many people that scrap pages, create cards as well.

I have a couple of friends that do this more than los.

I really like the stiching you did on the second one. The receipents must enjoy the originality of their cards. TFS! xox

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to babykaykz1108

Hi Adrienne! Im so glad your going to be a part of this. Am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to sgoetter

yes it does Susan! thanks alot! but now i will have to go out and buy those scissors! LOL!!! any excuse to go scrap shopping ya know!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to bettylou1

Stickles are a glitter glue so they already stick to whatever you apply them to on your layout. The bottles have thin applicator tips so they are easy to apply pretty precisely. Sometimes they get clogged so you just need to use a pin to clear out the applicator tip. They're affordable but the bottles are small. I use them a lot and a little bit goes a long way. I hope this helps!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-15-08 07:43 PM
In response to inspired2day

I really like what you did with the butterfly in your lo! smart thinking & very creative

Edited by Foamy on 10-15-08 07:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-15-08 07:45 PM

what a great idea putting glitter on a rub on... for some reason that never occcured to me!! Tfs.. i will have to try it sometime!
  • luci-scraper Said:
here is a new card for me

I put gliter on my rub-on, and I used a bling flower and put my brad through it, I also put gliter on my thickers, letter's

4U By Luci-scraper

hisgirlre
Guru
hisgirlre
In response to Foamy

Wow, I am Late.... But I made it. Sorry, I have just been away from the computer for a while and was unaware you ladies had gotten started on this awsome thread. I am really thrilled to be able to share, but I must admit I feel way out of my league! I have already read several tips I am going to start trying ASAP!! Now here are a few tips from an older LO of mine... hope that you can use them.

Daughter By Hisgirlre

First if you notice the turned down corner at the top left... Well the Pattern paper is not two sided so I just made it appear to be by secureing the two papaers together and then running a longer piece down below the larger square.So you can really turn down the corner of any PP even if the back is white, just use another PP backing it for the corner area only. Secound on the stitching I just hand drew a pattern in Pencil, used my needle to poke out the pattern and then stitched it. Third, if you notice the pattern on the large brown square that is "white" kind of looks like flowers and such??? Well I did this by placeing the PP over a pack of slightly raised stickers and then sanded the paper very gently, sort of like you would do a leaf rubbing. This will work with a variety of stickers and as long as your gentle you will get several uses out of your stickers! The last thing is the flower... I am sure you may have done this but just in case... I simply took a 6" strip of ribbon and then sewed and gatherd it up into a circle then added a button brad and there ya go!

Thank you again for letting me be a part, and I am looking forward to all the great tips!

anajul
anajul 
Diva
anajul

OK, I'm going to try this. Here is a heritage layout I did that got a lot of comments:

I distressed the papers on this one by wetting the edges using a very wet Q-tip. Then using my fingers, I roll it toward the center until I have a very curly and partly torn edge. Then after it dries, using Tim Holtz ' walnut ink, and using an ink pad, I inked the edges all around. The postcard was a digital image printed on parchment paper. For the old-fashioned label, I did an image search on Google for "apple box labels" and found many!! The fabric is Aida cloth with frayed edges. The braided piece was part of an old string belt. And, of course, that red piece at the bottom was clipped from lovely Daisy D's paper! Pretty basic stuff!! Here's a website for labels: www.antiquelabelcompany.com

Edited by anajul on 10-16-08 09:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to anajul

This was one of my faves of yours Wanda!!! Thank you for the web site - very cool!!

anajul
anajul 
Diva
anajul
In response to Belle*

In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, I learned the paper-rolling technique from GrandmaSue!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-16-08 04:47 PM
In response to anajul

what a great idea using aida cloth! I know i have a bunch from all my started but never finished cross stitch projects! I think I even tea stained some aida. Great tip! tfs

LisaGregoryStarsailor
Diva
LisaGregoryStarsailor
In response to sgoetter

Thank you for inviting me to be a part of this outstanding group of incredible artists!! I am flattered. I hope to share some of my scrapping techniques with everyone, and add ideas to the wonderful world of scrapbooking!! I am humbled...Lisa

Proud member of ~~~MEMORIES TO LAST COF/CRITIQUE GROUP~~~

Edited by StarSailorScrapper on 10-17-08 07:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie

Sunset
By Anderjackie

I am frequently asked how I can do so many LOs in such a short amount of time, and reading through the descriptions of all these very talented artists in this group the answer has become glaringly clear...I have no techniques! What to do? I promised to be a contributor, but I have nothing to contribute! So I went through my gallery and found the LO that has been the best received and will try and describe what I did and hope that suffices, though I think it is probably the stunning photo, taken by my BIL, that won it such acclaim!

I have a passion for paper, and one of my biggest challenges is that I hate covering up beautiful elements of the pp. One way that I have addressed this, especially with ds pp, when I have to choose which side to use (horror), is to cut out the element that would other-wise be hidden and add it to my design elsewhere. That is what I did with the postcard on this page. I also save the strips that I tear on ds pp and ink it and use the reverse side under the edges so that it looks like another layer. I'm all about economizing. Along that same line, I save the edges of the paper I cut circles out of and then use it as matting, just covering the blank space with pics or paper. I also save used chipboard punch outs for patterns. The flourish on this page was traced from CC "love notes" chipboard and then cut out.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. Like I said, I'm pretty basic. My LOs are mostly about pp, color, and embellie selection rather than technique.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to anderjackie

awesome ideals girls

LisaGregoryStarsailor
Diva
LisaGregoryStarsailor

Masterpiece
By StarSailorScrapper

A lot of scrappers thought that I had journaled on regular note paper. But not being sure that it was acid free, I was afraid to. So I made my own for this LO. I took a plain white cardstock, using a ruler , lined the paper across the page with a blue ZIG pen. Then from top to bottom at the right side, I drew a red line. I then took a Fiskars square hole punch I punched the squares along the edge, then went back and tore the holes open to make it look like it was torn out of a book.I then stamped and inked it. That was it. I now have a Zutter Bind it All that makes perfect size holes in a flash, but I like the small squares and also circles that the hole punches produce. With this technique there are many possibilities and for those who are totally acid and lignin free users, this is the way to go...Thats my tip of the day... Lisa

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Jackie I feel the same -- I have no special techniques I use and was at a loss and did not know what to contribute to this wonderful thread. So I posted my favorite heritage layout and just explained the basics of how I put it together, and hope that works.

But see you never know what someone else will get from what you have written - I got a great tip out of what you posted here!!! I NEVER thought of keeping the edges I tear when I am distressing edges and using those strips under photos -- I looked closely at your layout and thought, why did I never think of that????? GREAT tip!!! I love your layouts and style and I'm so glad you are here!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to LisaGregoryStarsailor

Lisa you did a remarkable job making that paper!!! Wow!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Foamy

I have a layout here that uses a few simple techniques:

I Wanna Be Like You By Phamil

First of all, lots of handcutting and pop-dots! Also, in the center of the big flower (it's really covered up) I used a clear acrylic circle, domed, and placed it on the matching pattern paper and cut around it, then inked around it. It makes a matching button. You can even punch tiny holes and thread fiber through it, I just didn't here. I also hand cut the leaves, cutting up the middle, gives them a different look, then inked and outlined them with glitter ink. Another small tip, when you use letter stickers that don't stand out as far as color, outline them with a shade darker pen, they will pop a little more. These are just some simple tips that I use over and over again. Hope you try one!

(I feel out of my league here too, awesome talent ladies!!!)

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to phamil

here is a new one for me. I used about 4 different digi kits on this one, the black in the upper coner is black bling, you can make it as long as you want, and the flowerhas a metal brad in it

Monents lik this By Luci-scraper

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to phamil

what a difference in the appearance of the leaves by the center cut -- wow!!! GREAT idea!! TFS!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Belle*

Here's a new one for me......I love to cut out stamped elements to add but didn't have stamps I liked for this, so this time I used rubons on scraps of my paper from the layout, and then cut THEM out.The flowers and the birds are rubons. I cut the vines and spikes from other scraps. Thank goodness for HoneyBee scissors......couldn't make these tiny cuts without them.

Family By Belle*

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Belle*

Belle, I just love the softness of that page, the touch of pink embellies, it's just so pretty, you don't see lots of pink on heritage pages, but this works wonderfully!

Joy2scrapbook
Pro
Joy2scrapbook
In response to sgoetter

Long's Iris Farm By Joy2scrapbook

Hello everyone, I think I am a bit late in the game here. Working full time I don't scrap much during the week, so weekends are my joy. I thought I would use this LO to share a bit of my creative process. When I really don't have an end product in mind, but I want to use some specific paper I've purchased, or pictures I found, I really start by just doodling. I take a piece of paper and draw 4" boxes and just doodle pictures inside of them until I hit on something interesting. With the LO here I wanted to use multiple patterned pieces of coordinating paper in a single LO and I didn't necessarily want to layer them. So I started drawing pictures that I thought would allow the viewer to see a good example of each paper. When I decided on my design, I transferred by small drawing to a piece of white card stock. I numbered the sections in the drawing. Then I cut the card stock along the lines of my drawing to create a template for each of the patterned paper s. I placed each template on the back side of the patterned paper and traced around the edge. Then I cut the patterned paper carefully along my traced lines. Once I had each piece cut out I mounted them in the correct order on a piece of card stock. Now I had an interesting background. With this LO I wanted to do some stamping and I really wanted a crisp white stamped image. So, I used ColorBox white pigment ink and stamped the swirls. While the ink was still wet (this ink drys slow) I sprinkled some "detail white" embossing powder on top of the stamped images and heated. The result was a clean clear design. That just left placing my iris pictures which I matted to improve definition against the busy background. I added a title using QuicKutz alphabet dies and that finished the LO. Thanks for taking a look! ~~ Dolores
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by joy2scrapbook on 10-20-08 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Joy2scrapbook

Belle I never thought of cutting out my rub-ons, neat ideal

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-18-08 06:45 PM
In response to phamil

Great idea Of cutting the leaves up the middle & stunning lo!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-18-08 06:47 PM
In response to Belle*

• Belle* Said:
Here's a new one for me......I love to cut out stamped elements to add but didn't have stamps I liked for this, so this time I used rubons on scraps of my paper from the layout, and then cut THEM out.The flowers and the birds are rubons. I cut the vines and spikes from other scraps. Thank goodness for HoneyBee scissors......couldn't make these tiny cuts without them.

Family By Belle*

This is just beautiful.. I have heard lots of good things about HoneyBee scissors. Perhaps I should think about getting those!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-18-08 06:49 PM
In response to Joy2scrapbook

Dolores
YOur work is always so finished & polished! Very beautiful designed lo's

Edited by Foamy on 10-18-08 06:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics