Page 4 of 18 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to inspired2day

• inspired2day Said:
WOW this is gorgeous Rachel! Great job!

thank you so much anisha

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to rachelk

Hey Rachel!! You blew me away with the beauty of this! You are good girl! HEHE! Left a comment on it, and went into your blog to study it, but didn't see it. Have you put it in yet?

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-29-08 04:47 PM
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
okay, i am finally done with the challenge page, was a lot of fun, but im such a slow scrapper, and it took me forever to decide on not having a title, i've never done that before!

daddy & me
By Rachelk

Wowsa really stunning! I left a comment on the lo, but this is so great I will leave one here too

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

• Skrappy Shutterbug Said:
Hey Rachel!! You blew me away with the beauty of this! You are good girl! HEHE! Left a comment on it, and went into your blog to study it, but didn't see it. Have you put it in yet?

thank you so much
no, im a bit behind tonight, i promise it will be there soon, sorry!

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 10-29-08 05:47 PM
In response to rachelk

well worth the time you put in it's just beautiful!

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 10-29-08 05:50 PM
In response to law

how do you get your lo' pictures here so you can see them?

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

wow! You ladies had been busy.

Rachel, your b&w layout is stunning!

Deb, that layout is sooo beautiful! So is Anisha!

Shawn, amazing layout!

suepup
suepup 
Diva
suepup
In response to sgoetter

I have wanted to share but have been swapped!
I started with the picture as my inspiration. When I started working on this, I really struggled-I believe it came from the thoughts
there was no way of creating a LO worthy enough
to express the moment/subject matter which I was scrapping!

I started by framing and layering the photo onto the papers. The layering is with five pieces of paper. I start by adhering the photo to a “scrap virgin paper” (non-inked, non-torn and non-distressed). The scrap is usually a “good to high” quality scrap piece of paper- (This is a great way to start using up the scrap pieces of paper you have laying around in your stash.)

Once the photo is firmly adhered with spray glue- (the only glue I have found that will not shift, holds firmly into place without drying too quickly, just in case I need to remove and reposition the photo) I start tearing around the photo, letting the frame come natural by tearing-I usually will ink the edges-but not on this LO.

I then started the layering process of the frame by adhering, tearing then inking, until I get a layered frame I like. I find best to layer most of the papers in the direction of the photo (landscape or portrait), however, I always find placing at least one of the layers in the opposite direction, creates variety and gives the frame some visual rhythm. In addition, it is better to layer with odd numbers of layers-which is more visually pleasing to the eye- this is an old art trick!

Once I finished the photo frame, I stitched everything together with one line of decorative stitch.( the teal ZIG zag on the left side on the black paper). Next to the stitch, I added a rub-on and then stamped the top edge of the black paper with white ink and a rubber stamp.

I then cut a circle and used a “Fiskers” punch to create the lace design edge on the blue circle- just under the second flower- I then glued the cut circle and the paper doily to the paper.-yes I inked both before adhering to the paper. I then glued the photo and the frame to the paper.

I next started stamping the edges with a rubberstamp and ink.

The next step is where I spent most of my time on the LO- the hand painting and masking (which love to do). On this LO, I used white and Burnt Sienna paint to create and enhance the paper’s design. I start by “Scumbling”- which is an art term for softening the colors or outlines of a painting or drawing by covering with a film of opaque or semi-opaque color by rubbing-in my case with a dry brush and paint. I love the technique-I find it always results in a softness that yields the look of a cloud or smoke.

I next used an embossing pen and embossing powder to create the flourishes-the big gold/cream flourishes. - (some were created with a stencil and some were created by freehand). When working with the embossing pen, I find you have to work in sections, because regardless of the embossing manufacturer, the ink will dry too quickly and you will not yield a clean design or result.

I then started working in the flower section- I never spend much on flowers; usually I pick up some cheap silk flower bouquet at a local discount store and tear them apart-which one flower on the bouquet will give you anywhere between three-four flowers for a LO. I use a hot glue gun to adhere the flower layers together than added a clipboard circle and metal brad to the center of the flower.

I then went into my backyard and grabbed a couple pieces of Ornamental grasses and glued them under the flowers. I then used the metal pieces of wire from the flower bouquet and wrapped them around a pencil so they would curl; then glued a jewel to the end of each piece of wire. I then glued the wire to the paper within the flower section.

I added an angel embellishment to the flower-which came from a cheap button package.

I next added a sticker, on the right hand bottom corner and then another rub-on “the bird” under the title. I then glued the metal word “peace” to the photo, added the yellow cream colored embellishment under the bottom flower.

Finally, I added the title-which is a piece of transparency I printed from Microsoft word on my computer. I know this is long and I hope it is helpful. If you have any question Please ask!

I Can Only Imagine By Suepup

Edited by suepup on 10-29-08 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

micupoftea
Queen
micupoftea
In response to sgoetter

our DAUGHTER By Micupoftea
Here is how to heat-stamp Fun Foam: Choose a piece of fun foam (if you use tan foam and dark brown ink the results look like leather!), a stamp, and one color of ink. You also need a heat gun. Ink the stamp well, but not overly soaked. Turn on the heat gun and direct the hot air onto the foam for several seconds, gently moving it from side to side in an area big enough for the image ~NOT in one spot~. When you see the foam start to get shiny/sparkly, and the edges begin to curl up, quickly shut off the gun, and immediately stamp the foam with your pre-inked stamp.Press firmly. When you lift the stamp, the image will be embossed into the foam. That is how I made the pink Eiffel Tower. :-)
I am enjoying all the creative energy you ladies are sharing!
Shawn

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to micupoftea

So happy your here Suepup! Thanks sooo much for the time you gave to give the steps for your lo. You know where you stand with me girlfriend! Look forward to having you participate! Hugs! (Could you tell me what your name is so I can post it on the first page along with your screen name?)Thks

Yeah! Another lo from Shawn. That tower is the cutest thing! Thanks for the how to with the foam.I have a recollection that I read or heard somewhere that some use a hairdryer for this method. Is that possible? Great lo with the memory embellies. So sweet. Does the foam have to be a paticular kind?

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 10-29-08 06:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• inspired2day Said:
Oh WOW..you are making me blush!! This is so sweet and so beautiful. Thank you so much. This is one of the nicest things someone has done for me, Debbie. It means the world to me!

I am so happy you love it. and thanks for the letter tips

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
okay, i am finally done with the challenge page, was a lot of fun, but im such a slow scrapper, and it took me forever to decide on not having a title, i've never done that before!

daddy & me
By Rachelk

Rachel this is just amazing

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to luciscraper

wow those are just gorgoeus lo's girls

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Here;s another from me.
I'm a Malaysian Scrapper By Scrapperlicious
One tech thqt I've used here is disressing the flower with punchers.
TFL!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to suepup

• suepup Said:
I have wanted to share but have been swapped!
I started with the picture as my inspiration. When I started working on this, I really struggled-I believe it came from the thoughts
there was no way of creating a LO worthy enough
to express the moment/subject matter which I was scrapping!

I started by framing and layering the photo onto the papers. The layering is with five pieces of paper. I start by adhering the photo to a “scrap virgin paper” (non-inked, non-torn and non-distressed). The scrap is usually a “good to high” quality scrap piece of paper- (This is a great way to start using up the scrap pieces of paper you have laying around in your stash.)

Once the photo is firmly adhered with spray glue- (the only glue I have found that will not shift, holds firmly into place without drying too quickly, just in case I need to remove and reposition the photo) I start tearing around the photo, letting the frame come natural by tearing-I usually will ink the edges-but not on this LO.

I then started the layering process of the frame by adhering, tearing then inking, until I get a layered frame I like. I find best to layer most of the papers in the direction of the photo (landscape or portrait), however, I always find placing at least one of the layers in the opposite direction, creates variety and gives the frame some visual rhythm. In addition, it is better to layer with odd numbers of layers-which is more visually pleasing to the eye- this is an old art trick!

Once I finished the photo frame, I stitched everything together with one line of decorative stitch.( the teal ZIG zag on the left side on the black paper). Next to the stitch, I added a rub-on and then stamped the top edge of the black paper with white ink and a rubber stamp.

I then cut a circle and used a “Fiskers” punch to create the lace design edge on the blue circle- just under the second flower- I then glued the cut circle and the paper doily to the paper.-yes I inked both before adhering to the paper. I then glued the photo and the frame to the paper.

I next started stamping the edges with a rubberstamp and ink.

The next step is where I spent most of my time on the LO- the hand painting and masking (which love to do). On this LO, I used white and Burnt Sienna paint to create and enhance the paper’s design. I start by “Scumbling”- which is an art term for softening the colors or outlines of a painting or drawing by covering with a film of opaque or semi-opaque color by rubbing-in my case with a dry brush and paint. I love the technique-I find it always results in a softness that yields the look of a cloud or smoke.

I next used an embossing pen and embossing powder to create the flourishes-the big gold/cream flourishes. - (some were created with a stencil and some were created by freehand). When working with the embossing pen, I find you have to work in sections, because regardless of the embossing manufacturer, the ink will dry too quickly and you will not yield a clean design or result.

I then started working in the flower section- I never spend much on flowers; usually I pick up some cheap silk flower bouquet at a local discount store and tear them apart-which one flower on the bouquet will give you anywhere between three-four flowers for a LO. I use a hot glue gun to adhere the flower layers together than added a clipboard circle and metal brad to the center of the flower.

I then went into my backyard and grabbed a couple pieces of Ornamental grasses and glued them under the flowers. I then used the metal pieces of wire from the flower bouquet and wrapped them around a pencil so they would curl; then glued a jewel to the end of each piece of wire. I then glued the wire to the paper within the flower section.

I added an angel embellishment to the flower-which came from a cheap button package.

I next added a sticker, on the right hand bottom corner and then another rub-on “the bird” under the title. I then glued the metal word “peace” to the photo, added the yellow cream colored embellishment under the bottom flower.

Finally, I added the title-which is a piece of transparency I printed from Microsoft word on my computer. I know this is long and I hope it is helpful. If you have any question Please ask!

I Can Only Imagine By Suepup

wow, thank you so much for explaining all of that! i adore this page, its breathtaking!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to scrapperlicious

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here;s another from me.
TFL!

omigosh, have to bust into the super smileys again for ya irene...
this is completely gorgeous - im running out of adjectives to describe your work, lol!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

thank you ALL so much for the love on my daddy & me lo, i appreciate it tons! DH even really liked it, and he just usually looks at my pages and says "oh thats nice honey"...

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Rachel, your words really brightens my nights...thank you very much! Hugs!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Good morning girls! Ar'nt these los amazing???

Just curious, is anybody receiving inquires about their los posted here through pms or otherwise? I know were getting alot of views. Really happy how this is turning out!

Really appreciate everyones input into this! You are all something special!!! Big heartfelt Thank You!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to law

Hi there laura! Not sure how you post los on a thread. Hav'nt done it yet. I assume it's the same as when you post one in a challenge. If you don't know how to do that, let us know.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-30-08 05:05 AM
In response to suepup

Suepup
IT is just beautiful! I love the embossing! I have emboss envy! great work

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-30-08 05:09 AM

• micupoftea Said:
Here is how to heat-stamp Fun Foam: Choose a piece of fun foam (if you use tan foam and dark brown ink the results look like leather!), a stamp, and one color of ink. You also need a heat gun. Ink the stamp well, but not overly soaked. Turn on the heat gun and direct the hot air onto the foam for several seconds, gently moving it from side to side in an area big enough for the image ~NOT in one spot~. When you see the foam start to get shiny/sparkly, and the edges begin to curl up, quickly shut off the gun, and immediately stamp the foam with your pre-inked stamp.Press firmly. When you lift the stamp, the image will be embossed into the foam. That is how I made the pink Eiffel Tower. :-)
Shawn

great lo! what a terrific idea! I had not even thought of that. tfs!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-30-08 05:17 AM

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here;s another from me.
TFL!

Wow this is really great. It makes me want to scrap today! I love your "punch distress" technique! Just beautiful. I agree with Rachel, we are going to have to write our own "scrapbooking adjectives" book to describe your work! it a fav,inspire,& innov...(oops, I think I should have put that comment on the lo gallery page!)...TFS

Edited by Foamy on 10-30-08 05:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Lynn, you're another sweetheart...lol! You gals make me smile! Hugs!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:
Rachel, your words really brightens my nights...thank you very much! Hugs!

awwww! you are very welcome irene - hugs right back at ya!!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • micupoftea Said:
Shawn

great lo! what a terrific idea! I had not even thought of that. tfs!

i agree! shawn, you have amazing ideas and pages, all of your work is soooo unique

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

thank you so much
no, im a bit behind tonight, i promise it will be there soon, sorry!

okay pam (and everyone else, of course) Daddy & Me is on my blog now, sorry about that, i was absolutely wiped out yesterday...my little one was being very cranky, i dont know if she's getting sick or just being a toddler, lol...

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Shawn your layouts are beautiful -- I so admire the one of your daughter, I think I have seen it before and loved it when I first saw it. It is a beaugiful photograph.

I love the paper and colors on Santa's lap too!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Belle, I got my scissors today! Looking forward to cutting something...anything!! thanks for tip!

Honey Bee Scissors

oooh wonderful!!! I hope you love them!!! I use mine every single time I scrap, seriously!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

• luci-scraper Said:
Anisha, hope you like this lo

Be By Luci-scraper

This is stunning!!! What a wonderful job doing this, her avatar photo is so beautiful, it's wonderful to see it a page now!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to suepup

• suepup Said:

This is positively stunning!!! The swirls you did with embossing powder are gorgeous. I love all the frame layering and stitching!! WOW.

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Oh wow Shawn I never heard of this technique!!! I must find some time to try it - I have some of that foam!!! Very very cool idea!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Irene I LOVE what you did with those flowers!!!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here;s another from me.
TFL!

gorgeous

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

• Belle* Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:
Anisha, hope you like this lo

Be By Luci-scraper

This is stunning!!! What a wonderful job doing this, her avatar photo is so beautiful, it's wonderful to see it a page now!!

thanks

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

new one for me

this is a quick page and I just added the butterfly and some more flowers and the gliter and bling to it

Always and forever By Luci-scraper

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie

Boy am I learning a lot from this thread! I've never heard of liquid pearls, so thanks Irene. I am just in awe of your work, so maybe liquid pearls would help me approach your work!

Lynne, I have been wondering how you would use glimmer mist, and so appreciate your tip! Love the effect on your alphas!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-30-08 03:27 PM
In response to anderjackie

• anderjackie Said:
Boy am I learning a lot from this thread! I've never heard of liquid pearls, so thanks Irene. I am just in awe of your work, so maybe liquid pearls would help me approach your work!

Lynne, I have been wondering how you would use glimmer mist, and so appreciate your tip! Love the effect on your alphas!

Jackie, I had a heck of a time with glimmer mist at first. I realized that you really need to shake it well. I also find that applying it with a artist brush works best for me. That way I can control it! I use a foil pie pan(so i can re-use) & spray it in there, then apply.
For this lo I used a foam makeup wedge full of ink then dipped it in glimmer mist then applied to letters. I try to use a color that is similar to the ink. The ink I used was Adirondack butter Scotch & the glimmer mist was Suede. It gave it a shimmer!
I have also used a small brayer. Spraying rows of diff colors.. it blends nicely when rolled.
I have never had any luck spraying it directly on.. I would like to hear from anyone who sprays it directly on!! Lynn

Lovable You!
By Foamy

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-30-08 03:29 PM

• luci-scraper Said:
new one for me

this is a quick page and I just added the butterfly and some more flowers and the gliter and bling to it

such great rich colors! It is really a sweet lo with an adorable pic

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Debbi that is a beautiful photo of you two!!

I have to ask, because I really can't tell now!! Is this digital or paper?? I just love the butterfly, it is beautiful. Love the colors too.

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Foamy

Lynn I have one bottle of that Glimmer Mist. LOVE the color, but have had a hard time using it. Like you I learned it MUST be shaken well. But spraying it on anything is a terribly messy process!! So I can't wait to try your technique and paint or sponge it on. I love this new layout!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

• luci-scraper Said:
new one for me

This is gorgeous!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to anderjackie

• anderjackie Said:

Thanks Jackie!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

• Belle* Said:
Debbi that is a beautiful photo of you two!!

I have to ask, because I really can't tell now!! Is this digital or paper?? I just love the butterfly, it is beautiful. Love the colors too.

it's digi. thanks

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

new one

Jesus By Luci-scraper

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • anderjackie Said:

Jackie, I had a heck of a time with glimmer mist at first. I realized that you really need to shake it well. I also find that applying it with a artist brush works best for me. That way I can control it! I use a foil pie pan(so i can re-use) & spray it in there, then apply.
For this lo I used a foam makeup wedge full of ink then dipped it in glimmer mist then applied to letters. I try to use a color that is similar to the ink. The ink I used was Adirondack butter Scotch & the glimmer mist was Suede. It gave it a shimmer!
I have also used a small brayer. Spraying rows of diff colors.. it blends nicely when rolled.
I have never had any luck spraying it directly on.. I would like to hear from anyone who sprays it directly on!! Lynn

Lovable You!
By Foamy

oh, thank you SO much lynn, that glimmer spray was testing my patience! i was so excited to get it, and when i opened it and started test spraying it on pprs, i was confused; all it was doing was soaking my paper and i wasnt getting much of a "glimmer" at all....fantastic idea with the sponges, definitely going to try that technique.
one more question, can you apply multiple coats of it to make it more glimmery? im guessing that you'd have to wait until it dries completely, but was just wondering if thats how you got it to work so beautifully?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
new one

Jesus By Luci-scraper

Awesome job! I am loving what you're doing with these digital pages, you have me wanting to try it! Those flowers and leaves are just amazing, beautiful job, TFS!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

gosh, i just have to say how awesome this group is! im learning so much from you ladies, such an honor to be apart of this group, everyone is soooo nice and sharing such wonderful tips - thanks ladies

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

Irene, WOW girl, i just visited your blog - stunning! more importantly, thank you for sharing all the amazing ideas and tips, everytime i look at one of your pages, i could stare at it forever and wonder "how does she DO this?!"
thanks again

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Thanks Rachel! Glad you liked what I'm sharing at my blog! Hugs!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Foamy Said:
  • anderjackie Said:

Lovable You!
By Foamy

oh, thank you SO much lynn, that glimmer spray was testing my patience! i was so excited to get it, and when i opened it and started test spraying it on pprs, i was confused; all it was doing was soaking my paper and i wasnt getting much of a "glimmer" at all....fantastic idea with the sponges, definitely going to try that technique.
one more question, can you apply multiple coats of it to make it more glimmery? im guessing that you'd have to wait until it dries completely, but was just wondering if thats how you got it to work so beautifully?

hope this link works for you, scroll down it has a video, to watch, they were mixing colors but drying the first color with a hair dryer

http://store.scrapbook.com/ta-601275.html

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

one more, the title is called word art, I hate to try and make a title, then I wire on the side and most of the goodies I put under the frame

Love By Luci-scraper

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-31-08 04:20 PM

Thanks ladies for such sweet comments!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-31-08 04:21 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:

I love it too! I would love to put a link to it on mine if thats ok with you!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-31-08 04:24 PM

• luci-scraper Said:
one more, the title is called word art, I hate to try and make a title, then I wire on the side and most of the goodies I put under the frame

Love By Luci-scraper

Wow another pretty one! I love the quote & the pic is great too. It goes so well with the lo!

LisaGregoryStarsailor
Diva
LisaGregoryStarsailor

No new techniques here, just a few tips...I couldnt find the right color rhinestones for this LO, so I used my silver/clear rhinestones and used Tim Holtz alcohol inks to color them...Perfect match...I layered my pumpkin in sections to give it dimension...I curled thin strips of pp around a thin paintbrush for the curls, used pop dots under die cut leaves for more dimension...ran the stem through a wavy crimper to give it texture...inked all edges and put it all together...Lisa...TFL

Thankful
By StarSailorScrapper

Proud member of ***MEMORIES TO LAST COF/CRITIQUE GROUP***

Edited by StarSailorScrapper on 10-31-08 05:31 PM. Reason for edit: because I can...lol

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-31-08 06:02 PM
In response to LisaGregoryStarsailor

• StarSailorScrapper Said:
No new techniques here, just a few tips...I couldnt find the right color rhinestones for this LO, so I used my silver/clear rhinestones and used Tim Holtz alcohol inks to color them...Perfect match...I layered my pumpkin in sections to give it dimension...I curled thin strips of pp around a thin paintbrush for the curls, used pop dots under die cut leaves for more dimension...ran the stem through a wavy crimper to give it texture...inked all edges and put it all together...Lisa...TFL

Thankful
By StarSailorScrapper

Proud member of ***MEMORIES TO LAST COF/CRITIQUE GROUP***

I love this! I really think it is clever how you layered the pumpkin! I also love the idea of coloring the jewels! I have never used the alcohol inks.. Are they better? TFS!

Edited by Foamy on 10-31-08 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-31-08 06:10 PM
In response to Foamy

Okies ladies, I COULD NOT do it! My lo for the black & white challenge ended up with red... lots of red. I tried, I REALLY did!
Well, here is my lo for the black, white & red challenge!

Magical Moment
By Foamy

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to Foamy

Here's my first DT project for Clearscraps to share.
Fun Clearscraps Ornament By Scrapperlicious
You all can go to my blog for very detail explanations on each of these and if there is any questions, yell at me...lol!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

• StarSailorScrapper Said:

Lisa this is wonderful!!!This is right up my alley- love the cut out leaves and all the layering and inking. Running that stem through your crimper was an outstanding idea-it looks so realistic this way!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

• scrapperlicious Said:

Those are GORGEOUS!!! WOW!! I read through the first one, will have to go back and poke through your blog some more!! The before and after is astounding. I love that you personalized these with your familie's precious photographs!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:

Lynn -- I am just loving your style!! Those flowers are gorgeous. How could you not put red into the layout with thata red brick wall behind her LOL!! What a COOL shot!! I especially like your layered scalloped matting under her photo - but I love the whole thing!!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Sure Lynn! I could put yours in mine too!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to Belle*

• Belle* Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Those are GORGEOUS!!! WOW!! I read through the first one, will have to go back and poke through your blog some more!! The before and after is astounding. I love that you personalized these with your familie's precious photographs!!

Thanks Belle!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

love all the new lo's girl's

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Really great ideas Lisa! Like the tone downed Fall colors. Very nice! Your such a clever girl!! Im wondering, is it necessary to purchase the name brand inks, like Tim Holtz ? Has anyone tried for example to color a clear gem with another kind of ink?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

OMGoodness! Lynn your such a card! HEHE! Nevertheless, this is stunning!! I have seen b/w los before with touches of red, and they are really pretty! Thanks for submitting this . Your awesome!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Irene, these Christmas Ornaments are sooo darling! Such beautiful minut detail to them. How do you keep coming up with all these exceptional ideas??? Hugs!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Really great ideas Lisa! Like the tone downed Fall colors. Very nice! Your such a clever girl!! Im wondering, is it necessary to purchase the name brand inks, like Tim Holtz ? Has anyone tried for example to color a clear gem with another kind of ink?

I use some off brand's from Hobby-Lobby, they work fine for me

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is a post card I made for karen's group

Post card By Luci-scraper

I took a paper punch and punch out the edge to look like a note book, then I added some ink and I stamped on some plain paper then cut out my swrils

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

on this one I added some gliter and stamping and inked it

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to Foamy

I love this , beautiful flower layers

I totally believe you about REALLY trying to make the bl/wt LO... it is not easy to use only two colors in everything on a LO.

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to Ingunn H

You girls are so talented, and busy It would take me hours to comment on each and everyone so you all share this one Great job

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Ingunn H

Hello everyone! I'm just checking in, I've had the CRUD lately, dh has a sinus infection, ds has strep and I have one or both!!!! I'll catch up in the next couple of days, and I have some stuff done, just haven't uploaded it.

Hope everyone is having a great week-end.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

Rachel i just adore that lo!
sorry i have been MIA so much going on this month then i had a bad virus! but im up and running now! LOL!!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to bettylou1

LOL! Patti that is exactly like what i had!..and Irene i love the ornaments! and congrats (belated, i'm behind on this thread!) i have a small toot also! nothing like Irene's but someone from Creative Imaginations was in my gallery! and well..here is the thread if you care to check it out! creativeimaginations.typepad.com/creative_imaginations _blo/2008/10/hi-my-name-i s-b.html

oh and ill be back in a few with an idea or two!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to bettylou1

SUZIE SNOWFLAKE
By Bettylou1

In this acrylic lo i want to talk about the flowers... Jackie(Anderjackie) and myself have had a little disagreement over who did this first! she says she got the idea from me and i say i got the idea from her! LOL...who knows! we may have gotten it from someone else but i try to give credit where credit is due..LOL anyhoo..
the flowers in this lo are velum punched out with a flower punch..then i used a white signo pen to outline them and then outlined them again with a glue pen and glittered them..i wanted something to resemble frosty like winter and none of the flowers i had seemed to work so i made these..
it is really easy to do! just adding the white pen looks good too without the giltter...here is a close up also!
SUZY SNOWFLAKE..........CLOSE UP
By Bettylou1 sorry that black is not part of the lo..i couldnt get a great closeup shot of it si i tried a little dark behind it! that didnt work very well either! anyone know how to get a better shot of acrylic lo's??
i'm getting so many great tips and ideas from this thread! thanks everyone!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Irene, these Christmas Ornaments are sooo darling! Such beautiful minut detail to them. How do you keep coming up with all these exceptional ideas??? Hugs!

Thanks Pam!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:

SUZIE SNOWFLAKE
By Bettylou1

In this acrylic lo i want to talk about the flowers... Jackie(Anderjackie) and myself have had a little disagreement over who did this first! she says she got the idea from me and i say i got the idea from her! LOL...who knows! we may have gotten it from someone else but i try to give credit where credit is due..LOL anyhoo..
the flowers in this lo are velum punched out with a flower punch..then i used a white signo pen to outline them and then outlined them again with a glue pen and glittered them..i wanted something to resemble frosty like winter and none of the flowers i had seemed to work so i made these..
it is really easy to do! just adding the white pen looks good too without the giltter...here is a close up also!
By Bettylou1 sorry that black is not part of the lo..i couldnt get a great closeup shot of it si i tried a little dark behind it! that didnt work very well either! anyone know how to get a better shot of acrylic lo's??

This is stunning. It doesn't matter who did it first. As far as I know, we're all here to share. Btw, I have the same incident with someone's layout too. It seems that we've both used the same technique and I've created the layout months ago, just couldn't share it online before the mfg's debut on it....lol!
Congrats on the toot!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Debra,

Your postcards are stunning!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Here's one from me to share.
The Key 2 The Next Chapter By Scrapperlicious

It's another of my Prima GDT assignment. I've used the splattered paint technique on the flower.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
on this one I added some gliter and stamping and inked it

Debbie, these postcards are amazing, really beautiful job, they are perfect

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:

SUZIE SNOWFLAKE
By Bettylou1

I never would have thought to use my vellum for flowers, lol! i remember seeing before from you betty, its amazing, i love the intricate details of your pages, you are soooo very talented!
TFS the techniques, i have loads of vellum that i have no clue what to do with, now you have me wanting to break it out!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:

It's another of my Prima GDT assignment. I've used the splattered paint technique on the flower.

amazing job irene..its got such a fairy tale feel to it, that photo is sooo beautiful

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Happy Sunday girls!! Sorry to hear you've been sick Patti and Betty. Hope your feeling somewhat better! Just reminded me it's that time of the year for that stuff.

Want to say that as well as your activity on this thread helping so many people learn, your making someone very happy as well! Very pleased with the way the thread is going and can't thank you girls enough! Receiving so many views. Your really are the cream of the crop!! HEHE! I just made a joke! Get it??/ Love you guys!

Will be back later tonight to look at your los, DH and I have some work to do with some branches going to the U.S.

PS/ I have a couple of los I have to do for challenges this month, so maybe I can incorporate some of your ideas this time.

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 11-02-08 04:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

amazing job irene..its got such a fairy tale feel to it, that photo is sooo beautiful

Thanks Rachel! Btw, I'll be adding yours and Lynn's blog to mine.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Thanks Rachel! Btw, I'll be adding yours and Lynn's blog to mine.

awesome! i already added your's to my fave blogger list of links

piscine
Guru
piscine
In response to rachelk

Ok I finally found time to scrap!
I´ve been working extra this past month, and my children demand to be fed and clothed... and cuddled.. and I´m getting married next saturday! So I´ve been crazy busy, but I finally managed to make a LO and post it!
So here it is:
url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1800019.html][/url] Cuddling By Piscine
This one is all about the layering. The LO is made from a sketch from www.inspiredblueprints.typepad.com. I used for the background a beautiful pp from Bo Bunny , layered pp from Pink Paislee on top and another Bo Bunny pp for the long ppstripe.
I tried to match the pp to the photo I used, with the brown as my main color. I never really care about always using pp from the same manufacturer. I try to find pps that compliment each other and enable the photo to be the focal point of the LO. I then layered the big white lace and the golden lace, putting felt ribbon (queen and co) on top to sort of connect them. The flowers are from prima, the lettering from Making Memories and I finished by putting stickles (glitter glue) in the doodling in the top right corner to make it "pop" a little bit.
I hope I´m explaining myself right This is quite a simple LO in the making, so not a lot of technique involved.
Hope to do something more "technique-ish" soon
Best, Hildur.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to piscine

Welcome Hildur!! So glad you finally made it! Thanks for the tips on your lo. I love the way the pp compliments your pic. I usually try to do that also when scrapping, but usually have a hard time for some reason HAHA! I guess the best thing to do is pick the picture u want to scrap and go shopping for the pp. Can't go wrong that way.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and best wishes for you and DH next Sat.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to phamil

• phamil Said:
Hello everyone! I'm just checking in, I've had the CRUD lately, dh has a sinus infection, ds has strep and I have one or both!!!! I'll catch up in the next couple of days, and I have some stuff done, just haven't uploaded it.

Hope everyone is having a great week-end.

hope your feeling better, I have been sick also, didn't even get out of bed yesterday

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:

SUZIE SNOWFLAKE
By Bettylou1

this is so stunning

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
Debra,

Your postcards are stunning!

thanks Irene

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

love all the new lo's girls

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to bettylou1

Beautiful Lo... I have only made one project clear and took pics of it in the window, but I´m not good at closup, dont have goodenough lens.

Great idea with the flowers , thanks for sharing.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 03:49 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here's my first DT project for Clearscraps to share.
Fun Clearscraps Ornament By Scrapperlicious
You all can go to my blog for very detail explanations on each of these and if there is any questions, yell at me...lol!

\
These are Just beautiful! I love how you applied the rub-ons!YOur embossing is great too!
tfs

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 03:52 PM
In response to Belle*

• Belle* Said:
  • Foamy Said:

Lynn -- I am just loving your style!! Those flowers are gorgeous. How could you not put red into the layout with thata red brick wall behind her LOL!! What a COOL shot!! I especially like your layered scalloped matting under her photo - but I love the whole thing!!

Thanks so much! I couldnt stay away from red lol! Thanks also about the scallops, I do them by hand, so do not look too close!!!

Edited by Foamy on 11-02-08 03:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 03:53 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • Foamy Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Sure Lynn! I could put yours in mine too!

Thanks so much! I put it on! I am working on getting more stuff on it! But it all takes time.... Thanks again

Edited by Foamy on 11-02-08 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 03:56 PM
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:

SUZIE SNOWFLAKE
By Bettylou1

how beautiful! it looks frosty! I love how you did the vellum flowers! What a creative idea!
great work

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 04:04 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:

i love the spattered paint & your photos are always altered beautifully to go with your lo's!
Great work

Page 4 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics