Page 5 of 18 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 04:07 PM
In response to piscine

• piscine]Ok I finally found time to scrap!
    I´ve been working extra this past month, and my children demand to be fed and clothed... and cuddled.. and I´m getting married next saturday! So I´ve been crazy busy, but I finally managed to make a LO and post it!
    So here it is:
    url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1800019.html Said:
[/url] Cuddling By Piscine
This one is all about the layering. The LO is made from a sketch from www.inspiredblueprints.typepad.com. I used for the background a beautiful pp from Bo Bunny , layered pp from Pink Paislee on top and another Bo Bunny pp for the long ppstripe.
I tried to match the pp to the photo I used, with the brown as my main color. I never really care about always using pp from the same manufacturer. I try to find pps that compliment each other and enable the photo to be the focal point of the LO. I then layered the big white lace and the golden lace, putting felt ribbon (queen and co) on top to sort of connect them. The flowers are from prima, the lettering from Making Memories and I finished by putting stickles (glitter glue) in the doodling in the top right corner to make it "pop" a little bit.
I hope I´m explaining myself right This is quite a simple LO in the making, so not a lot of technique involved.
Hope to do something more "technique-ish" soon
Best, Hildur.

great lo! I think Layering is a great technique that is often overlooked. It is so hard to get right & easy to mess up! This is layered beautifully!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-02-08 04:09 PM
In response to Foamy

I hope everyone gets feeling better!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi everyone!

Gorgeous page Hildur!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to scrapperlicious

thanks LYNN,IRENE,RACHEL,AND INQUNN AND ANYONE ELSE I MISSED! LOL!!..LOVE ALL YOU GUYS LO'S! FANTASIC IDEAS!..LISA LOVE THAT PUMPKIN! I USED THAT CURLING IDEA BEFORE TO! I EVEN PUT A LITTLE DECOPODE ON THEM BEFORE TO MAKE THEM STIFFER BEFORE I TWIRLLED IT AROUND MY PAINTBRUSH TO MAKE THE CURL.. I ALSO USED IT ON THIS LO THAT IS MY LATEST...
CELEBRATE - JOY
By Bettylou1
AND IRENE! I NEVER HEARD OF LIQUID PEARLS! I MUST HAVE SOME! LOL
DEBBIE YOU DO THE BEST DIGI'S I HAVE SEEN I LOVE THEM!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Another stunning page Betty!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

thanks Irene!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
thanks LYNN,IRENE,RACHEL,AND INQUNN AND ANYONE ELSE I MISSED! LOL!!..LOVE ALL YOU GUYS LO'S! FANTASIC IDEAS!..LISA LOVE THAT PUMPKIN! I USED THAT CURLING IDEA BEFORE TO! I EVEN PUT A LITTLE DECOPODE ON THEM BEFORE TO MAKE THEM STIFFER BEFORE I TWIRLLED IT AROUND MY PAINTBRUSH TO MAKE THE CURL.. I ALSO USED IT ON THIS LO THAT IS MY LATEST...
CELEBRATE - JOY
By Bettylou1

this is beautiful betty, i love the delicate flourishes and paper curling, soooo pretty

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to piscine

• piscine]Ok I finally found time to scrap!
    I´ve been working extra this past month, and my children demand to be fed and clothed... and cuddled.. and I´m getting married next saturday! So I´ve been crazy busy, but I finally managed to make a LO and post it!
    So here it is:
    url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1800019.html Said:
[/url] Cuddling By Piscine
This one is all about the layering. The LO is made from a sketch from www.inspiredblueprints.typepad.com. I used for the background a beautiful pp from Bo Bunny , layered pp from Pink Paislee on top and another Bo Bunny pp for the long ppstripe.
I tried to match the pp to the photo I used, with the brown as my main color. I never really care about always using pp from the same manufacturer. I try to find pps that compliment each other and enable the photo to be the focal point of the LO. I then layered the big white lace and the golden lace, putting felt ribbon (queen and co) on top to sort of connect them. The flowers are from prima, the lettering from Making Memories and I finished by putting stickles (glitter glue) in the doodling in the top right corner to make it "pop" a little bit.
I hope I´m explaining myself right This is quite a simple LO in the making, so not a lot of technique involved.
Hope to do something more "technique-ish" soon
Best, Hildur.

WOW! this is stunning, amazing job!

piscine
Guru
piscine
In response to Foamy

I love honeybee Best scissors I´ve tried

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Morning everyone!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-03-08 06:13 AM
In response to piscine

• piscine Said:
I love honeybee Best scissors I´ve tried

I would have to agree! I just used mine & I fell in love with them as much as one could love scissors!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-03-08 06:16 AM
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
CELEBRATE - JOY
By Bettylou1

This is beautiful! I love the curlies & really like the happiness is..The lacing is beautiful. I need to try some lacing!
great work!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-03-08 06:17 AM

• scrapperlicious Said:
Morning everyone!

Morning!!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to Foamy

Here's a little project to share. These are gift bags. You all could refer to my blog for details. They're fun!
Gift Bags By Scrapperlicious
TFL!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
CELEBRATE - JOY
By Bettylou1

thanks Betty. I just love this new lo

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here's a little project to share. These are gift bags. You all could refer to my blog for details. They're fun!
TFL!

these are adorable

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to luciscraper

WOW, gorgeous work everyone! And Betty, congrats on the CI blog entry, that's really cool! Cosmo Cricket did that with one of my pages a while back and totally made my day!!!!

I'm feeling a little better, but ds is at the emergency medical office now, his throat is actually bleeding! YUCK!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to phamil

omg! patti!! i hope he is better soon! that is horrible! and here i was complaing! when i get sick it just lingers ya know..so annoying! but nothing that serious! gee i hope they find out why he is bleeding! i never heard of that!
and congrats to you too! and thanks!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to phamil

• phamil Said:
WOW, gorgeous work everyone! And Betty, congrats on the CI blog entry, that's really cool! Cosmo Cricket did that with one of my pages a while back and totally made my day!!!!

I'm feeling a little better, but ds is at the emergency medical office now, his throat is actually bleeding! YUCK!

I'll be praying that nothing is serious with your ds. Hugs!

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
CELEBRATE - JOY
By Bettylou1

Wow... I love this... what is DECOPODE ???
You guys have such a great source of new stuff out there.... we cant have alcohol ink , couse it contains alcohol and you cant import alcohol in to the country
I love your new art pieces girls, hope to find my mojo soon, I lost it in glitter doing my final "smart scrapper" project...

LisaGregoryStarsailor
Diva
LisaGregoryStarsailor
In response to Ingunn H

WOW bettylou1, love, love, love that Christmas LO...Gorgeous!! Everyone has such great ideas...This is such a creative group...Glad to be a part of it!! Lisa

Proud member of ***MEMORIES TO LAST COF/CRITIQUE GROUP***

Edited by StarSailorScrapper on 11-04-08 02:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-04-08 08:58 AM

• scrapperlicious Said:
TFL!

These are tooo cute! Also I seen your "masking" technique on your blog. I had almost forgotten about the product, great idea! tfs

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

Patti, hope your DH is ok and feeling better. Pls keep us updated, will be thinking of you.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Thanks for the info about the ink Deb.

Nice postcards, did you burn the edges on the Long Beach Ride?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Wowser Betty! Stunning work here on those two los. Love the velleum flowers, and all the glittery embellies ! I think I'm going to give those flowers a try. And the garland on your Christmas lo is too cute!! TFS!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Irene, checked out your gift bags on your blog. Gorgeous as usual! They almost look like purses,and I bet if you wanted to go into business selling them, you would do well.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • phamil Said:

me to, poor little guy

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

• Skrappy Shutterbug Said:
Thanks for the info about the ink Deb.

Nice postcards, did you burn the edges on the Long Beach Ride?

No I used ink on the edges

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

new one for me

you warm my winters By Luci-scraper

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

wow! Debra, you do the most amazing digis!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

aaww thanks Irene

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:
TFL!

These are tooo cute! Also I seen your "masking" technique on your blog. I had almost forgotten about the product, great idea! tfs

i agree! these are totally adorable irene!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
new one for me

you warm my winters By Luci-scraper

very nice page! i love the different textures, and especially the swirls, awesome work!

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 11-05-08 08:29 AM
In response to rachelk

some beautiful work in here! love the christmas page! are those gift bags a template?

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-05-08 09:08 AM
In response to law

Beautiful Digi Debbie!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-05-08 09:16 AM
In response to Foamy

Here is my most recent one. I used my new scissors to do the scallops! (thanks Belle!)No real special techniques, but I do have more details on my blog. I did try to use a lot of my scraps! I really need to do that more! thanks for taking a look

Love This Pooch!
By Foamy

Edited by Foamy on 11-05-08 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Here is my most recent one. I used my new scissors to do the scallops! (thanks Belle!)No real special techniques, but I do have more details on my blog. I did try to use a lot of my scraps! I really need to do that more! thanks for taking a look

Love This Pooch!
By Foamy

lynn, that page is absolutely darling! i love your style, you have such a keen eye for placement and color

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie
In response to Foamy

Thanks Lynn. I don't have any yet, but will refer to your tips when I buy some, which I will having seen your lovely work!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to anderjackie

hey anderjackie, did you happen to see the thread posted in the general area about the poster looking for your gallery? she said she loves your work, and was wondering how to find your gallery, thought that might make ya smile

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

What a sweet page on Sami! Sad story though. She must be lovin being with you now Lynn!

Really like the scallop matting around the pic. and the flourishes get me every time! HEHE! Love your work girl!

suepup
suepup 
Diva
suepup

Suepup=Charlotte
As soon as I get time, I will add another post this weekend on my latest LO! Love this forum

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:

Love This Pooch!
By Foamy

left you some love on your blog to, this is gorgeous. I never thought of using the spool of thread, cool

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:

Love This Pooch!
By Foamy

Stunning page!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Here's a Dt project for clear scraps that I've created. You could see all the pages and close-ups at my blog.
The PACS 2008 Clear Album By Scrapperlicious
Feel free to ask any questions after reading my explanations on my blog.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-05-08 07:32 PM

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate it! So nice of you guys to visit my blog too! thanks

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-05-08 07:33 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here's a Dt project for clear scraps that I've created. You could see all the pages and close-ups at my blog.

This is great! I really like it! The close up shots really show the detail in the work! great job

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to Foamy

Inqunn..decoupage is a glue..it is basically watered down glue and it is great for all kinds of projects! you can use it on wood and glass and paper! it makes things shiny and looking like glass too! most craft stores or stores like wal-mart carry it...when i use it on scrapbook paper it makes it stiff! i also made paper beads using it..i will post the lo i did with it..
here are close ups too! the beads are just strips of paper cut into long triangles then you paint the decoupage on them and quickly roll them around something slim, like a paintbrush handle as i did here and pull them off and there you have a bead! it will have a hole so you can thread it! great project for older kids too!..
but what i really wanted to talk about are the flowers..i used decoupage on them also..but i have had a few people ask me how i made them.. i have read different ways to make these circle flowers but i just cut a circle a little bigger than i intend my flower to be..then i tear all around the edges of them, ink them and shape them as i want either flat or more curly..you can also stack them as i have done here by making another circle a bit smaller than the first one..the decoupage really makes them shiny and stiff! oh! i almost forgot Iqunn..they also make decoupage with glitter in it as i used on this lo! .....
also another trick i like is to cut slits in a lo or use die cut paper as on this lo and run ribbon thru it..only this isnt ribbon..it is the same paper i used for this lo! i just cut it into strips and pulled it thru the edges! i wanted this whole lo to be all Cosmo Cricket for that challenge...
here is a link for directions to make the paper beads...

www.tappi.org/paperu/art_class/pape rBeads.htm

The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1

i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the nice comments and i am really enjoying being here..i wish i could get back more often than i have been but my days are pretty busy and i will try to get back as often as i can! i really enjoy learning about different techniques and you all are very inspirational! you ladies are sharing some awesome ideas and great lo's! thanks so much!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Good Morning All!

Betty I just want to say Im so glad your a member of this thread and am happy that your enjoying yourself here.

Alot of work went into this page and am sure I never would have thought of those methods of decorating a page! Love the decoupage and paper ribbon! Wowser!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

There's starting to be alot of eye candy on this thread! HEHE!!! Lovin' it all! And yes girls Im working on a lo as we speak. Im not just a stalker

There are techniques that I would love to try from all of you, soo think I am going to have to start a little journal to have more organization . It would be less time consuming when you want some ideas, just go directly to the lo in your galleries instead of combing the posts.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

For anybody who is not a part of this group, and are repeat visitors, please don't be shy!! JUmp right in and let's here what you have to say about all this talent! Ask questions and say what's on your mind. We all love to hear from others!!

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to Foamy

Beautiful lo Lynn !! Great color combo. Love how you can use scissor on scallop, it comes out very not scallop when I tried that

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to bettylou1

Thank you Betty for this I have to think about how to get this kind of glue , or what to use to make it . Maybe there is something on this island that I can find

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

I´m planning the bl/wh lo, gonna use something new, for my, but this days are just packed and no time for peace to scrap

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Ingunn H

LOL! Yes I know. Im trying to get a lo done right now, and have to leave it to clean house. Talk to u later

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-06-08 07:01 AM
In response to Ingunn H

Oh Thanks so much! I knowwhat you mean about the scallops lol . Notice mine are very short strips of scallops lol!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-06-08 07:02 AM
In response to Foamy

Thanks for the link Betty. That is a magiacl layout! One of my all time favs! such great work!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-06-08 07:03 AM
In response to Foamy

Morning ladies!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Good Morning Miss Lynn!

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 11-06-08 04:41 PM

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/263425/view /1790401/... is one of my new ones. how do i get them as pretty as the ones here? and how do you put them here so you can just see them instead of a link?

law
law 
Veteran
law
  • law on 11-06-08 04:51 PM
In response to law

don't know what i did wrong but that link to my page doesn't work! says bummer the page you were looking for is gone. it's a bummer alright my bratt won't come help me!she's 14 and already smarter than i am what am I too do? groundation is sounding good right now...maybe she should just stop going to school..lol

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:

this is so pretty, I just love the dark rich colors you use

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
Inqunn..decoupage is a glue..it is basically watered down glue and it is great for all kinds of projects! you can use it on wood and glass and paper! it makes things shiny and looking like glass too! most craft stores or stores like wal-mart carry it...when i use it on scrapbook paper it makes it stiff! i also made paper beads using it..i will post the lo i did with it..
here are close ups too! the beads are just strips of paper cut into long triangles then you paint the decoupage on them and quickly roll them around something slim, like a paintbrush handle as i did here and pull them off and there you have a bead! it will have a hole so you can thread it! great project for older kids too!..
but what i really wanted to talk about are the flowers..i used decoupage on them also..but i have had a few people ask me how i made them.. i have read different ways to make these circle flowers but i just cut a circle a little bigger than i intend my flower to be..then i tear all around the edges of them, ink them and shape them as i want either flat or more curly..you can also stack them as i have done here by making another circle a bit smaller than the first one..the decoupage really makes them shiny and stiff! oh! i almost forgot Iqunn..they also make decoupage with glitter in it as i used on this lo! .....
also another trick i like is to cut slits in a lo or use die cut paper as on this lo and run ribbon thru it..only this isnt ribbon..it is the same paper i used for this lo! i just cut it into strips and pulled it thru the edges! i wanted this whole lo to be all Cosmo Cricket for that challenge...

The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1

i just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the nice comments and i am really enjoying being here..i wish i could get back more often than i have been but my days are pretty busy and i will try to get back as often as i can! i really enjoy learning about different techniques and you all are very inspirational! you ladies are sharing some awesome ideas and great lo's! thanks so much!!

this is amazing

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Well I am starting to feel better, just still so weak

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

• luci-scraper Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Thanks sweetie! Hope you feel better soon!Hugs!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is one from me, I put the ribbon and some flowers under the pp and then another pp and some flowers and stitching and then my mating, I just barley put the flowers on the lo to look like it is just off the edge, I love to use stitching and different fonts

Miracles By Luci-scraper

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Thanks sweetie! Hope you feel better soon!Hugs!

thanks

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-06-08 06:33 PM

• luci-scraper Said:
here is one from me, I put the ribbon and some flowers under the pp and then another pp and some flowers and stitching and then my mating, I just barley put the flowers on the lo to look like it is just off the edge, I love to use stitching and different fonts

Miracles By Luci-scraper

This is just beautiful! You really have the magic touch! I sure hope you are feeling better... take care, get plenty of rest! tfs

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

• luci-scraper Said:

Miracles By Luci-scraper

This is such a beautiful page!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to law

Go to your gallery, click on the lo. Click on Link/Embed. Click on Img Code. Select size. Click on Url to allow access and this copies lo to clipboard. Go back to thread. Right click and click on paste. This should bring your lo up.

If you submit los. Please be prepared to explain your techniques. Thanks Laura!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

Foamy love your new lo

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

How are you feeling ? What do you have?

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is another one from me, surprise Rachel

ok first I was listening to some fun music when I did this lo, I'm going to have to try that again, lol. The pp was like this, torn on the edges, I used a journaling strip for the pic frame and the clip, I cropped it so I could just have the clip and just a little of the line,the kit had some swrils and I added the butterflies to the ends, the bracket had flowers on it and I just added more.

To new Friends By Luci-scraper

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:

ok first I was listening to some fun music when I did this lo, I'm going to have to try that again, lol. The pp was like this, torn on the edges, I used a journaling strip for the pic frame and the clip, I cropped it so I could just have the clip and just a little of the line,the kit had some swrils and I added the butterflies to the ends, the bracket had flowers on it and I just added more.

aaaawwww! debbie thank you so much! this is beautiful, i love the delicate flourishes, the butterflies and the little spray of stars across the page. your digi work is so gorgeous, you totally made my day, thank you so much!!!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
  • bettylou1 Said:

The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1
The Sweet Things In Life
By Bettylou1

this is amazing

yes, i agree - bettylou your work is incredible, your textures are always just stunning and perfect, you rock!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:

Miracles By Luci-scraper

wowza, this is beautiful debbie...the greens are so pretty, i love the stitching! it must be great to have such a wonderful dog, they do know when something isnt right, they are very perceptive...hope you get better soon, take care of yourself

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

irene, this is sooo girl!
i was just thinking to myself how much i would LOVE to see one your pieces IRL, they look amazing here, but i bet its just spectacular to see it in person, fantastic job, you rock!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

hi everyone, so i just realized that apparently i have been posting in this thread for a couple days, and none of my posts actually well, posted! IDK what the problem is, lol...that is so odd, im having some other problems with the site too, its been really slow lately, is anyone else having problems?
anyway, i hope its working now, lol! I will have to go back a couple pages and make sure i didnt miss anything, but wanted to share my latest page:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk
Im pretty proud of myself for this one b/c i used all scraps (except for the background ppr) for the layers and embellies. I save everything, im like a scrapping pack rat! I love the backing of some packaging, these are from a chipboard set by K & Co, i just took the backings and trimmed them with my Fiskars scissors, and kind of slapped them on there - i used Hambly transparencies (white frames) and cut them diagonal to place them on the corners for borders, and used rub ons to create the stitching. I used a Holtz inkpad called Antique Linen for the distressing, and the black and white chipboard accents are from Target, a GREAT find BTW, I got like 50 little shapes for about $4! TFL

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
hi everyone, so i just realized that apparently i have been posting in this thread for a couple days, and none of my posts actually well, posted! IDK what the problem is, lol...that is so odd, im having some other problems with the site too, its been really slow lately, is anyone else having problems?
anyway, i hope its working now, lol! I will have to go back a couple pages and make sure i didnt miss anything, but wanted to share my latest page:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk
Im pretty proud of myself for this one b/c i used all scraps (except for the background ppr) for the layers and embellies. I save everything, im like a scrapping pack rat! I love the backing of some packaging, these are from a chipboard set by K & Co, i just took the backings and trimmed them with my Fiskars scissors, and kind of slapped them on there - i used Hambly transparencies (white frames) and cut them diagonal to place them on the corners for borders, and used rub ons to create the stitching. I used a Holtz inkpad called Antique Linen for the distressing, and the black and white chipboard accents are from Target, a GREAT find BTW, I got like 50 little shapes for about $4! TFL

wow! Stunning page!!! You're so clever in cutting those Hambly s...I did that too...

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:

aaaawwww! debbie thank you so much! this is beautiful, i love the delicate flourishes, the butterflies and the little spray of stars across the page. your digi work is so gorgeous, you totally made my day, thank you so much!!!

aaawww so glad you like it

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk

this is gorgeous

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk

wow! Stunning page!!! You're so clever in cutting those Hambly s...I did that too...

oh thanks irene, i tried to use them as frames like they came, but couldn't ever make them work the way i wanted, my pix are too big most of the time for that...i wasnt sure when i started cutting them, i thought i would ruin them for sure, but didnt know what else to put in the corners, all my chipboard was too overwhelming.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-07-08 03:49 PM

Thanks so much! I was going to post it here.. but I think I will wait till upgrades are done!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-07-08 03:51 PM

• luci-scraper Said:

This is great! I love the swirls. I think you have mastered the digi's! Keep scrapping to music... beautiful results!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Deb your new layouts have been gorgeous as always..I love how you can get so many done and still maintain the high quality!! I hope you are feeling better

Edited by inspired2day on 11-07-08 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-07-08 03:56 PM

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • rachelk Said:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk

This is beautiful! First it is a great picture & the lo design is great! How clever to use the backing. It makes sense when you think of it! great lo!
I know what you mean about the site being slow.. I guess till the upgrades are done it may be that way.I get impatient with slow loading pages lol!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to Foamy

There is so much to catch up on since I haven't checked in for awhile. I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better or at least well on the way to recovery!
And everyone's layouts and altered items have been gorgeous..and i love hearing about everyone's techniques. I definitely have to try some when I get the the time...This forum rocks!!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to inspired2day

• inspired2day Said:
Deb your new layouts have been gorgeous as always..I love how you can get so many done and still maintain the high quality!! I hope you are feeling better

aaawww thanks so much, and yes I am feeling so much better

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

hi everyone thanks for the sweet comments on my Wee Bit of Heaven page, i appreciate it tons!
yeah, the site upgrades are driving me nuts right now, i hope they get them done quick

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

me to

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

hey debbie - i added your blog to my faves on the front page of my blog

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

aaawww thats so sweet, I don't know how to do it, are I would add everyones to mine, I have alot to learn on there, and not much time, lol

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

THANKS LADIES FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! RACHELK THAT LO IS STUNNING AND DEBI I LOVE YOURS TOO! AND IRENE I AM JUST NOW GETTING INTO THE ACRYLIC PROJECTS! lol..I WON A MASON'S PUZZLE HERE IN A CHALLENGE BACK A FEW MONTHS AGO AND STILL A LITTLE INTIMADATED BY IT! LOL..MAYBE I'LL GET TO IT SOON! SEEING ALL YOUR LOVELY WORKS OF ART IS VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to bettylou1

OH! YES SITE IS SOOOOOO SLOW! BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE NEW BACKGROUNDS FOR OUR PROFILES! REALLY THE ONES THEY HAVE NOW SO NEED TO BE UPDATED!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to bettylou1

I have been waiting for new one's forever

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
THANKS LADIES FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! RACHELK THAT LO IS STUNNING AND DEBI I LOVE YOURS TOO! AND IRENE I AM JUST NOW GETTING INTO THE ACRYLIC PROJECTS! lol..I WON A MASON'S PUZZLE HERE IN A CHALLENGE BACK A FEW MONTHS AGO AND STILL A LITTLE INTIMADATED BY IT! LOL..MAYBE I'LL GET TO IT SOON! SEEING ALL YOUR LOVELY WORKS OF ART IS VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

I'm sure you talent would work magic on acrylics!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • bettylou1 Said:

I'm sure you talent would work magic on acrylics!

I agree

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • phamil Said:

Irene, thanks so much! He is getting better, he just had a really bad viral infection, he got like 5 different kinds of medicine and some kind of mouthwash/rise to numb his throat. He's 26, but you always worry about your kids, not matter what age!!!!!

I should be able to actually catch up here and maybe post a lo this week-end! Yeah!!!! I'm off to bed now, but will be back tomorrow to catch up on all this inspiring work!!!

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie
In response to phamil

OH MY HECK! as we like to say here in Utah! You people are amazing! Here I was thinking I was actually using some techniques, and then I see what you all have been up to and am embarrassed to post again, but here are a couple anywho!

I call this my kitchen sink technique! The bg is white cardstock that I inked with Tim Holtz weathered wood distress ink. I usually ink edges with the colorbox cat's eye stylus, but wanted this color, and using a regular ink pad gave it a different look that I kinda like for this. I tore and similarly inked the Robin's Nest pp. The strip of Heidi Grace "midnight kisses" was left over from another LO, and I tore a strip down 1 side, inked both the torn edge and the reverse side, since it was ds, then glued down the torn off strip for a border. I cut the circle ring with my MM cutting system from the same HG collection and glued it down. I purchased the gorgeous swirl and snowflakes from an etsy store that Bettylou told me about: niklindesigns1225.etsy.com, and added silver stickles. The pink and gray flourishes and chipboard word strips are from the same HG collection, and the flowers are Petaloo and prima. The title is thickers, and I had to make 1 R by cutting the leg off an x and adding it to a P! LOL!

BRR By Anderjackie

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to anderjackie

Good morning ladies! Got up at six this morning. And it's Sat.! Am sitting here typing in the dark, trying not to wake anybody! Im excited!! Me and DH found a place to rent last night.

A little background. As some of you may know , we sold our home, and was renting and staying with BIL. Not smart! HEHE! We wanted to build somewhere next spring on the water, but decided to make a move earlier. Found a nice place to rent on the water. Went to see it in the downpour rain last night and am going back to check it out in the daylight this morning. Woo HOO!! Privacy here I come! HEHE!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Patti, that's wonderful news! Must have slept good last night! Have a great weekend!

Jackie, love looking at your los! Something I learned from it is that you don't always have to have bright colored pics to work with. Just gorgeous!! TFS and Thks for the plug!

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 11-08-08 02:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 5 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics