Page 6 of 18 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to luciscraper

• luci-scraper Said:
aaawww thats so sweet, I don't know how to do it, are I would add everyones to mine, I have alot to learn on there, and not much time, lol

oh, trust me - my blog almost drove me nuts trying to set it up, very frustrating to learn and i still feel like i have no clue about most of how it works, lol!
adding a list of blogs you follow is actually one of the easier things to do. just go to your dashboard, then layout, then add a gadget, you'll see a bunch of options of stuff to add to your sidebar...you can add "list" or "blog list" and then just cut & paste the URL of the blog or website you want to add. when you save it and go back to your main page you'll see the links there..if that confused you im sorry, lol - im not the greatest at explanations sometimes...but it really is pretty simple

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
THANKS LADIES FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! RACHELK THAT LO IS STUNNING AND DEBI I LOVE YOURS TOO! AND IRENE I AM JUST NOW GETTING INTO THE ACRYLIC PROJECTS! lol..I WON A MASON'S PUZZLE HERE IN A CHALLENGE BACK A FEW MONTHS AGO AND STILL A LITTLE INTIMADATED BY IT! LOL..MAYBE I'LL GET TO IT SOON! SEEING ALL YOUR LOVELY WORKS OF ART IS VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

thanks betty i cannot WAIT to see what you do with acrylic!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 07:27 AM
In response to anderjackie

• anderjackie Said:
OH MY HECK! as we like to say here in Utah! You people are amazing! Here I was thinking I was actually using some techniques, and then I see what you all have been up to and am embarrassed to post again, but here are a couple anywho!

I call this my kitchen sink technique! The bg is white cardstock that I inked with Tim Holtz weathered wood distress ink. I usually ink edges with the colorbox cat's eye stylus, but wanted this color, and using a regular ink pad gave it a different look that I kinda like for this. I tore and similarly inked the Robin's Nest pp. The strip of Heidi Grace "midnight kisses" was left over from another LO, and I tore a strip down 1 side, inked both the torn edge and the reverse side, since it was ds, then glued down the torn off strip for a border. I cut the circle ring with my MM cutting system from the same HG collection and glued it down. I purchased the gorgeous swirl and snowflakes from an etsy store that Bettylou told me about: niklindesigns1225.etsy.com, and added silver stickles. The pink and gray flourishes and chipboard word strips are from the same HG collection, and the flowers are Petaloo and prima. The title is thickers, and I had to make 1 R by cutting the leg off an x and adding it to a P! LOL!

BRR By Anderjackie

I am lovin this! I also commented on the lo page! I never know if I should comment here or there lol!
I love love love the snowflake/flower combo... your SnowFlowers!!! I have not seen that.. and love it! SnowFlowers.. just beautiful

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 07:31 AM
In response to rachelk

Debbi, I can add yours too!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 07:32 AM
In response to scrapperlicious

• scrapperlicious Said:
  • bettylou1 Said:
THANKS LADIES FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! RACHELK THAT LO IS STUNNING AND DEBI I LOVE YOURS TOO! AND IRENE I AM JUST NOW GETTING INTO THE ACRYLIC PROJECTS! lol..I WON A MASON'S PUZZLE HERE IN A CHALLENGE BACK A FEW MONTHS AGO AND STILL A LITTLE INTIMADATED BY IT! LOL..MAYBE I'LL GET TO IT SOON! SEEING ALL YOUR LOVELY WORKS OF ART IS VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

I'm sure you talent would work magic on acrylics!

OH acrylics scare me!! way out of my comfort zone! lol

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 07:38 AM
In response to Foamy

Happy Saturday Ladies !!! I would like to invite everyone to my house for a leaf-raking party!!! I will provide the rakes & many many leaves!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Just asked my DH how long it would take from here. About 4 days of driving. I'll start the car now and see you Wed.!

LisaGregoryStarsailor
Diva
LisaGregoryStarsailor
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

Here is my latest..I have been inpired by Gabi (Gabriellep) and Irene (Scrapperlicious) and have learned so much from them..This is my attempt to use some of those techniques. The leaves around the flower cluster were stamped on purple velvet paper and I used liquid pearls to embellish them. The butterflies is the Martha Stewart butterfly punch that are stacked using two cuts outs. The rest is just tearing and distressing. The frame around the photo was stamped using Primas Build a Frame stamp set..It is wonderful, and if you want to learn how to miter perfect stamped corners, go to Iron Orchid Designs Typepad blog and look under the March 13th entry. It shows you how to miter those stamped corners but watch the video and it will give you a freebie at PrimaHybrid.com for the miter?masking tool...Wow, it is wonderful and you can use it for any border stamp. I printed mine on plain transparency from the office supply store...It works great!! That is my "Tip Of The Day". Hope you all found this useful!!! Have a great Day!!! Lisa

FAVORITES
By StarSailorScrapper

Proud Member of ~~~MEMORIES TO LAST COF/CRITIQUE GROUP~~~
Proud member of ***Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technicque Group***

Edited by StarSailorScrapper on 11-08-08 09:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 11-08-08 09:36 AM
In response to LisaGregoryStarsailor

MORNIN EVERYONE, JUST DID A LO 4 THE Cosmo Cricket CHALLENGE, TOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT WITH U, IT DOSEN'T REALLY HAV ANY SPECIAL TECHNICQUE EXCEPT THAT WHEN I INED THE EDGES OF THE CUT OUTS THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP VERY WELL SO I JUST TOUCHED THE EDGES WITH ALITTLE WHITE PAINT & THAT HELP MAKE THEM SHOW UP ALIILE BETTER!! ITS BEEN GREAT READING EVERYONES IDEAS, I'M LEARNING SO MUCH!!! THANKS GIRLS!!!

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 11-08-08 09:38 AM
In response to 2dogs

OOPS I FORGOT THE LO!!! LOL!!!
COSMO GIRL ( Cosmo Cricket CHALLENGE) By 2dogs

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• anderjackie Said:
OH MY HECK! as we like to say here in Utah! You people are amazing! Here I was thinking I was actually using some techniques, and then I see what you all have been up to and am embarrassed to post again, but here are a couple anywho!

I call this my kitchen sink technique! The bg is white cardstock that I inked with Tim Holtz weathered wood distress ink. I usually ink edges with the colorbox cat's eye stylus, but wanted this color, and using a regular ink pad gave it a different look that I kinda like for this. I tore and similarly inked the Robin's Nest pp. The strip of Heidi Grace "midnight kisses" was left over from another LO, and I tore a strip down 1 side, inked both the torn edge and the reverse side, since it was ds, then glued down the torn off strip for a border. I cut the circle ring with my MM cutting system from the same HG collection and glued it down. I purchased the gorgeous swirl and snowflakes from an etsy store that Bettylou told me about: niklindesigns1225.etsy.com, and added silver stickles. The pink and gray flourishes and chipboard word strips are from the same HG collection, and the flowers are Petaloo and prima. The title is thickers, and I had to make 1 R by cutting the leg off an x and adding it to a P! LOL!

BRR By Anderjackie

this is gorgeous, I love the way you did the letter, can't even tell it

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• Skrappy Shutterbug Said:
Good morning ladies! Got up at six this morning. And it's Sat.! Am sitting here typing in the dark, trying not to wake anybody! Im excited!! Me and DH found a place to rent last night.

A little background. As some of you may know , we sold our home, and was renting and staying with BIL. Not smart! HEHE! We wanted to build somewhere next spring on the water, but decided to make a move earlier. Found a nice place to rent on the water. Went to see it in the downpour rain last night and am going back to check it out in the daylight this morning. Woo HOO!! Privacy here I come! HEHE!

I am so excited for you, I wish I was there to help you buy a house , lol

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:
aaawww thats so sweet, I don't know how to do it, are I would add everyones to mine, I have alot to learn on there, and not much time, lol

oh, trust me - my blog almost drove me nuts trying to set it up, very frustrating to learn and i still feel like i have no clue about most of how it works, lol!
adding a list of blogs you follow is actually one of the easier things to do. just go to your dashboard, then layout, then add a gadget, you'll see a bunch of options of stuff to add to your sidebar...you can add "list" or "blog list" and then just cut & paste the URL of the blog or website you want to add. when you save it and go back to your main page you'll see the links there..if that confused you im sorry, lol - im not the greatest at explanations sometimes...but it really is pretty simple

thanks for the help, I'll have to give it a try

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Debbi, I can add yours too!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Happy Saturday Ladies !!! I would like to invite everyone to my house for a leaf-raking party!!! I will provide the rakes & many many leaves!

I'll be there in 2 days, lol

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• StarSailorScrapper Said:
Here is my latest..I have been inpired by Gabi (Gabriellep) and Irene (Scrapperlicious) and have learned so much from them..This is my attempt to use some of those techniques. The leaves around the flower cluster were stamped on purple velvet paper and I used liquid pearls to embellish them. The butterflies is the Martha Stewart butterfly punch that are stacked using two cuts outs. The rest is just tearing and distressing. The frame around the photo was stamped using Primas Build a Frame stamp set..It is wonderful, and if you want to learn how to miter perfect stamped corners, go to Iron Orchid Designs Typepad blog and look under the March 13th entry. It shows you how to miter those stamped corners but watch the video and it will give you a freebie at PrimaHybrid.com for the miter?masking tool...Wow, it is wonderful and you can use it for any border stamp. I printed mine on plain transparency from the office supply store...It works great!! That is my "Tip Of The Day". Hope you all found this useful!!! Have a great Day!!! Lisa

FAVORITES
By StarSailorScrapper

gorgeous lo

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to 2dogs

• 2dogs Said:

Toni, do you have a template for the birds you use?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

• luci-scraper Said:
Good morning ladies! Got up at six this morning. And it's Sat.! Am sitting here typing in the dark, trying not to wake anybody! Im excited!! Me and DH found a place to rent last night.

A little background. As some of you may know , we sold our home, and was renting and staying with BIL. Not smart! HEHE! We wanted to build somewhere next spring on the water, but decided to make a move earlier. Found a nice place to rent on the water. Went to see it in the downpour rain last night and am going back to check it out in the daylight this morning. Woo HOO!! Privacy here I come! HEHE!

Aaaww! I wish you'd be here to Deb! Might have found something sooner! Before I almost had a meltdown! LOL!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

You did a fabulous job !! Love the color tones, and the torn paper and stitching. Wish I was a good as you!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to 2dogs

This is lovely! Love how it almost looks antiqued. You are such an inspiration ! Nice pic also .

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

since we have been talking about acrylic, thought I would find the card I made and show it to you girls, I made this from scratch, yes the whole thing, I cut the acrylic with an saw and then took a finger nail file and soften the edge's and then rounded the corners on it, then I added my pp and cute another sheet for the back side which I put my journaling on it, and that hide my glue. I love to add rub-ons to the clear cards, they show up on both sides

just like sister's By Luci-scraper

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• luci-scraper Said:

Aaaww! I wish you'd be here to Deb! Might have found something sooner! Before I almost had a meltdown! LOL!

it is so hard to find just what a buyer wants, but I know I'm going to be just as picky, hehehehe

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 02:32 PM

FAVORITES
By StarSailorScrapper

Beautiful lo! I love the lacing & such great colors! I will have to check out the blog info you listed about the frame.. great job! tfs

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 02:34 PM
In response to 2dogs

• 2dogs Said:

Beautiful lo! Love your birds~ GReat flowers & wonderful layering! tfs

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 02:36 PM

• luci-scraper Said:
since we have been talking about acrylic, thought I would find the card I made and show it to you girls, I made this from scratch, yes the whole thing, I cut the acrylic with an saw and then took a finger nail file and soften the edge's and then rounded the corners on it, then I added my pp and cute another sheet for the back side which I put my journaling on it, and that hide my glue. I love to add rub-ons to the clear cards, they show up on both sides

verrry pretty! I like the rounded corners! Great job with those rub ons too!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-08-08 02:38 PM

Oh I am happy for you! Privacy is sooo important! 3 cheers for you!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

can't wait till I find my dream home

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Thanks Lynn!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

• luci-scraper Said:

Are you thinking of buying a new home? Woll you be moving to a new area?

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• luci-scraper Said:

yes I have been looking for awhile now, and yes I would be living out in the country

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

• luci-scraper Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:

yes I have been looking for awhile now, and yes I would be living out in the country

That's nice! Mollie would lov that! LOL! What are you working on right now? Im working a a lo for Kimmi's color challenge and Jazzescrapers scraplift. Getting frustrated, I don't think I have the right embellies .

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

• luci-scraper Said:

Deb can you explain just exactly what is an acrylic album? Seen it mentioned many times, but don't know what it is . Are all the pages clear or something?

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

I'm trying to work on a paper lo, but get tired so my creative side is not working, lol. and yes a clear album is all of the pages are clear, I am working on one of those also, and a purse album, but ran out ink for my printer, so I have to make a trip to Wal-Mart

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

I love doing digi, but sure miss the paper lo's. Here is a new digi from me, I love this kit, it has a lot of gliter, did you ever scrap a page where you just kept adding stuff to it and it just kept getting prettier, well that is what I did to this lo, just kept adding the gliter

Do I Dazzle you By Luci-scraper

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

love all these lo's! you guys rock!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to bettylou1

jackie! dont know why you would be embarrassed! this is drop dead gorgeous!! and i have learned alot from you! i love how you did the snowflowers! ;P..i;ll be lifting that for sure! your lo's are always faves!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

wow! Stunning layouts and card everyone! They're such a feast for my eyes!

scrapcited
Guru
scrapcited

Hi everyone, just thought I come in and say G'day. My name is Hetty and Pam did me the great honour of inviting me to become a part of this great technique group I live in Australia, sunny Queensland to be precise which is on the East coast, with my hubby of 18 years and my 3 gorgeous girls, Taylor 8 and 4 year old twins Paris and Alicia. I was born and bred in The Netherlands but have been calling Australia home now for nearly 20 years.
Anyway that is it in a nutshell, thank you so much for having me and look forward to getting to know you all.
Hugs xx

Edited by scrapcited on 11-09-08 03:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrapcited

Welcome Hetty ! Glad u found us. Have fun, and am looking forward to checking out more of your creations.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Wheree's all the b/w's????

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter

Okay, okay....will get started on the b/w soon!!!

I've been snowed under with work, and I've tried to stay up with you all...and boy!...you all are so creative!!!! Love all the sharing of techniques....awesome!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

FAVORITES
By StarSailorScrapper

wow wow wow! this is sooo beautiful, the colors and textures are stunning - fantastic page!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to 2dogs

• 2dogs Said:

absolutely stunning page!!! love it sooo much, and that pic is just darling

suepup
suepup 
Diva
suepup

Her Dash By Suepup

Where do I start? I started with a basic Damask paper by Mind’s Eye-which reminded me of my
Grandmother, I thought that was a good start. In this LO I used three pieces of pp. I began tearing the
edges of each sheet- making sure each piece was slightly smaller. I then inked each pp’s torn edge.
I next glued the pages together, making sure the edges were not adhered together, so I could
lift and curl the edges of the background page. I then framed each of the photos as listed in this forum post
on the LO “ I can only imagine”. I then glued the frames to the pp and added the fancy frame.
I cut the fancy frame and branch using the Cricut machine-storybook cartridge-I inked the edges of the fancy frame with ink. I next started stamping the left side and corners with a clear stamp and embossing ink pad. I sprinkled on the embossing powder and used the heating gun. I then added the flowers and in the center added a pearled button each enclosed with a gold frame. On the picture nearest to the bottom, I printed a frame on a transparency and placed over the entire photo. Next, I added a couple of rub-ons and a sticker to the photo. I then went to my garden picked up the remaining dried stems from my Daylilies and added to the cluster of flowers framing the photos. I was about to call the LO finished-but decided to place it on my board and check to see if the LO needed any corrections or additions. After looking and reviewing, I decided it was missing something-but what? Well, I guess divine intervention or grandmother’s intervention placed the thought in my head- “Remember how “Rab” (grandmother) always wore and loved her cameo”-so I added a cameo. I next threw on a piece of ribbon and another gold “shoe” button on the edges of the lower photo frame-added the butterfly and “angel” rub on. I cut the title using the Cricut machine.
Hope you like it-hope this is useful!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to sgoetter

LOL! Hey Susan!! HEHE! You make my day!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

wow! wow! wow! More stunning layouts!!Love them all!!

Pam, I'm still waiting on my GDT company to upload my work before I could share my B&W work here...lol!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Ok Irene, Im really looking forward to it. I know you'll blow us away!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to suepup

SuePup , left a comment your gallery . You are amazing !

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Im exhausted!! Can anyone tell me where Im going wrong???? Trying to do one lo for two challenges. One I quess you could say is funky and one somewhat subdued and classy. Been working on it for 3 days and just can't seem to bring it together. What do you suggest? One is a color challenge and the other a scraplift.

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 11-09-08 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

I have a new one. Did this one last nite, I added most of my elements under the frame and then added the bird house.

Get Movin By Luci-scraper

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

did you girls see these?

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-09-08 06:46 PM

Great new lo's Debbie!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-09-08 06:48 PM
In response to suepup

• suepup Said:
Her Dash By Suepup

Where do I start? I started with a basic Damask paper by Mind’s Eye-which reminded me of my
Grandmother, I thought that was a good start. In this LO I used three pieces of pp. I began tearing the
edges of each sheet- making sure each piece was slightly smaller. I then inked each pp’s torn edge.
I next glued the pages together, making sure the edges were not adhered together, so I could
lift and curl the edges of the background page. I then framed each of the photos as listed in this forum post
on the LO “ I can only imagine”. I then glued the frames to the pp and added the fancy frame.
I cut the fancy frame and branch using the Cricut machine-storybook cartridge-I inked the edges of the fancy frame with ink. I next started stamping the left side and corners with a clear stamp and embossing ink pad. I sprinkled on the embossing powder and used the heating gun. I then added the flowers and in the center added a pearled button each enclosed with a gold frame. On the picture nearest to the bottom, I printed a frame on a transparency and placed over the entire photo. Next, I added a couple of rub-ons and a sticker to the photo. I then went to my garden picked up the remaining dried stems from my Daylilies and added to the cluster of flowers framing the photos. I was about to call the LO finished-but decided to place it on my board and check to see if the LO needed any corrections or additions. After looking and reviewing, I decided it was missing something-but what? Well, I guess divine intervention or grandmother’s intervention placed the thought in my head- “Remember how “Rab” (grandmother) always wore and loved her cameo”-so I added a cameo. I next threw on a piece of ribbon and another gold “shoe” button on the edges of the lower photo frame-added the butterfly and “angel” rub on. I cut the title using the Cricut machine.
Hope you like it-hope this is useful!

Beautiful work & I love how you added the cameo! Great idea!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-09-08 06:53 PM

Im exhausted!! Can anyone tell me where Im going wrong???? Trying to do one lo for two challenges. One I quess you could say is funky and one somewhat subdued and classy. Been working on it for 3 days and just can't seem to bring it together. What do you suggest? One is a color challenge and the other a scraplift.

maybe just put them away a bit! You may come back to them & they will look just great! I always feel that way about challenges, I seem to be scrapping the challenge & not for me. So I almost quit challenges all together. I am a moody scrapper I think!...or just moody lol

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 11-09-08 07:08 PM

DEB, THOSE R THE LIL CHIPBOARD BIRDS, THEN I JUST CUT OUT PAPER 2 GO OVER THEM.

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie
In response to Foamy

Ok girls; someone is going to have to splain to me how you copy and paste other peoples posts in this forum! Pa-leeese! I'm hopeless!

Thank you so much Lynn, Debbie, and Betty for your sweet encouragement. If I missed someone, just holler at me like my kids do when I leave one of them out, or call them by the wrong name.

Scrappy, congrats on the house!!!!

Gorgeous work ladies. I think I've commented in your galleries. Here is one more from me that I hope you like:

Winter Adventure By Anderjackie

The blue & black diamond pp is what is left from my HG midnight kisses collection, as it the chipboard tag with "adventure" sticker lettered on. I matted it on black vellum that I also used for the base of the flowers. I placed it on the 8X11 snowflake pp (whose brand name I lost) after tearing and inking the edges and attached it over a strip of lace on the CI bg pp. I stamped and embossed "winter" on vellum and then cut it out attaching it with a ZIG glue stick. I cut out flowers from matching HG pp and layered them with MM 5th Avenue blossoms. I added black stickles to 2 of the niclindesigns snowflakes, and silver stickles to the other, which I attached with a silver brad to another vellum flower so it would show up against the blue bg. The stems and butterflies are hand cut from Cherry Arte pp, and I then added strung beads as a final touch.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

jackie love the new lo

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

Very nice

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

• luci-scraper Said:
here is another one from me, surprise Rachel

ok first I was listening to some fun music when I did this lo, I'm going to have to try that again, lol. The pp was like this, torn on the edges, I used a journaling strip for the pic frame and the clip, I cropped it so I could just have the clip and just a little of the line,the kit had some swrils and I added the butterflies to the ends, the bracket had flowers on it and I just added more.

To new Friends By Luci-scraper

very beautiful

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
hi everyone, so i just realized that apparently i have been posting in this thread for a couple days, and none of my posts actually well, posted! IDK what the problem is, lol...that is so odd, im having some other problems with the site too, its been really slow lately, is anyone else having problems?
anyway, i hope its working now, lol! I will have to go back a couple pages and make sure i didnt miss anything, but wanted to share my latest page:

Wee Bit of Heaven
By Rachelk
Im pretty proud of myself for this one b/c i used all scraps (except for the background ppr) for the layers and embellies. I save everything, im like a scrapping pack rat! I love the backing of some packaging, these are from a chipboard set by K & Co, i just took the backings and trimmed them with my Fiskars scissors, and kind of slapped them on there - i used Hambly transparencies (white frames) and cut them diagonal to place them on the corners for borders, and used rub ons to create the stitching. I used a Holtz inkpad called Antique Linen for the distressing, and the black and white chipboard accents are from Target, a GREAT find BTW, I got like 50 little shapes for about $4! TFL

Beautiful !! love this picture !! yoy´r pretty good scrap saver !! I throw pieces away

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

• anderjackie Said:

BRR By Anderjackie

Love it !! the ink and the torn and the R ... swirl and flowers... just beautiful... great job !

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:
  • bettylou1 Said:

I'm sure you talent would work magic on acrylics!

OH acrylics scare me!! way out of my comfort zone! lol

Oh... acrylics is fun !! very fun and brain-workout dit one little book for my sons confirmation ,guest book , and it was ton of fun !! He took such a big part in the work too

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

Wheree's all the b/w's????

I´m working on mine !! but it´s not gonna be great tec thing

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

love this Jackie !!

It looks like everybody is doing winter lo´s these days

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Ingunn H

Hi all. I am about 10 pages behind and have not been on my computer for over a week........I just can't keep up right now and have not scrapped for some time and won't be able to. I am going to drop out from this thread, it's just a tought time for my DH and I right now and I am in such a funk I am not good company for anyone. YOu are all wonderful artists and hopefully sometime I will come back and see what everyone is up to.

Sorry to bale, I just need to for now. Wonderful holidays to all if I am not back on before then.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Belle*

Belle, Im so very sorry to hear that things are not going well for you right now! Big hugs to you and hope you'll be seeing brighter days soon!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

hello! wow!! i cant believe all the great things i am seeing on here! great work everyone! so hard for me to keep up with all of you but i want you to know i do enjoy the times i am able to get over here!..i just posted this lo...and wanted to talk about alphas...seems me and jackie think along the same lines! LOL...anyhoo!
we have talked before about altering chipbord letters and i have a bit more to say on that..
sometimes (more often than not) i find i dont have enough of the letters i need to complete my title..in this case i simply took a number"8" and cut it to make the "o's" that i needed..and i have as jackie has said done the same thing for other letters that were missing that i needed..just takes a little work sometimes..
i have also used sticker alpha and when i have ran out of the letter i need i simply cut around the sheet where the missing letter is and use that negative space for my missing letter!..
i know these are very basic scrapping tec. but i feel that those new to scrapping my find them useful! i know when i first started i never thought of some of these simple but effective ideas to solve my scrapping problems and some like the altering the alphas has stuck with me and been very useful!...
the detail descriptions etc for this lo are posted in my gallery...thanks have a great day!

BABY BOO
By Bettylou1

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to bettylou1

Bettylou love the new lo

Belle wow so sorry to hear that your having troubles, will keep you in my prayers

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is a digi from me. I cropped the pps and placed my matting and the bling ring under the pic and added some flowers and a heart, the flourshes on the top is word art and I crop the words off and just used the floushes

The best things By Luci-scraper

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
hello! wow!! i cant believe all the great things i am seeing on here! great work everyone! so hard for me to keep up with all of you but i want you to know i do enjoy the times i am able to get over here!..i just posted this lo...and wanted to talk about alphas...seems me and jackie think along the same lines! LOL...anyhoo!
we have talked before about altering chipbord letters and i have a bit more to say on that..
sometimes (more often than not) i find i dont have enough of the letters i need to complete my title..in this case i simply took a number"8" and cut it to make the "o's" that i needed..and i have as jackie has said done the same thing for other letters that were missing that i needed..just takes a little work sometimes..
i have also used sticker alpha and when i have ran out of the letter i need i simply cut around the sheet where the missing letter is and use that negative space for my missing letter!..
i know these are very basic scrapping tec. but i feel that those new to scrapping my find them useful! i know when i first started i never thought of some of these simple but effective ideas to solve my scrapping problems and some like the altering the alphas has stuck with me and been very useful!...
the detail descriptions etc for this lo are posted in my gallery...thanks have a great day!

BABY BOO
By Bettylou1

Love the layers in this page! Stunning work done!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

• luci-scraper Said:
here is a digi from me. I cropped the pps and placed my matting and the bling ring under the pic and added some flowers and a heart, the flourshes on the top is word art and I crop the words off and just used the floushes

This is so beautiful! Gorgeous colours and I love how you've layered it.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

thanks Irene

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Wow I cannot keep up..blame it on the life of an attorney..too bad they don't want to pay me to sit on this site

Everyone's work has been amazing and I went to galleries and left all of you love..if I missed anyone I am sure your work is awesome and I will go find it.

Skrappy congrats on finding a new place..it must be a relief!

I love reading about everyone's techniques..I know I have used Anderjackie's kitchen sink technique a time or two! :

Hope everyone is doing well

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to Belle*

Belle,
I don't know if you will see this or not but I hope you are okay. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything works out with whatever you are struggling with..take care.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to inspired2day

Anisha your an attorney?

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Ya surprise, surprise..I never mention it because I like to relax when I'm on here but it gets really hard to keep up sometimes..luckily I only sleep a few hours a day.

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to bettylou1

Thanks Bettylou for the techniques on the letters..I have only been scrapping since the end of spring..so I love hearing all different kinds of tips whether they seem basic or not! your work is amazing so I can always learn something from looking at it!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Here's a new layout from me: I didn't do the quilling otherwise I would explain that as a technique so if someone else wants to explain how it's done feel free. I know we talked about stickles before so i used that to outline the 21 to highlight my title. I also have a question about paper tearing when the ends are curled over because mine never looks right..how do you all do it? Celebrate 21 By Inspired2day

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• inspired2day Said:
Ya surprise, surprise..I never mention it because I like to relax when I'm on here but it gets really hard to keep up sometimes..luckily I only sleep a few hours a day.

WooHoo, that is awesome

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Thanks Deb!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

FAVORITES
By StarSailorScrapper

Lisa, Your layout is gorgeous and thanks so much for the info I went to the site for the download. Great tip!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-11-08 06:26 AM

• anderjackie Said:
Ok girls; someone is going to have to splain to me how you copy and paste other peoples posts in this forum! Pa-leeese! I'm hopeless!

Thank you so much Lynn, Debbie, and Betty for your sweet encouragement. If I missed someone, just holler at me like my kids do when I leave one of them out, or call them by the wrong name.

Gorgeous work ladies. I think I've commented in your galleries. Here is one more from me that I hope you like:

The blue & black diamond pp is what is left from my HG midnight kisses collection, as it the chipboard tag with "adventure" sticker lettered on. I matted it on black vellum that I also used for the base of the flowers. I placed it on the 8X11 snowflake pp (whose brand name I lost) after tearing and inking the edges and attached it over a strip of lace on the CI bg pp. I stamped and embossed "winter" on vellum and then cut it out attaching it with a ZIG glue stick. I cut out flowers from matching HG pp and layered them with MM 5th Avenue blossoms. I added black stickles to 2 of the niclindesigns snowflakes, and silver stickles to the other, which I attached with a silver brad to another vellum flower so it would show up against the blue bg. The stems and butterflies are hand cut from Cherry Arte pp, and I then added strung beads as a final touch.

Beautiful lo! love the strung beads& your hand cutting is great!
To answer your question about posting others posts in your reply.. on the lower right corner of the post you want to quote, there is a few icons, the one to the right of the orange exclamation point is a "quote this post"prompt. Click that & you are good to go! Whew, not very good instructions! (you should see my directions lol)

Edited by Foamy on 11-11-08 06:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-11-08 06:31 AM
In response to Foamy

Good Morning ladies! I will be back to catch up later on!

Belle, take care & please know that you are in our thoughts!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• luci-scraper Said:
did you girls see these?

oh man, i want all of them!!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

morning ladies! How's everyone doing?

Belle, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you. You'll be in my thoughts.

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

Ok , here come my bl/wh Lo... not much tec here , but it is not easy to use only two colors !!!

Ég fann ei... By Ingunn H

This is an acetate printed jpg. I was gonna put it on the white Bazzill with the torn and inked edges but I´m such a thumb person that I smeared it with ink !!! Typical me !!!
So I cut out this frame and framed the jpg the old fashion way.
The black flowers are covered in stickles , Black Diamond, all flowers is Prima except the white ones, the big one is Heidy Swapp and the smaller is Bazzill , I used all Prima swirl , mm letters and AC thickers, colorbox ink, the black stackable.

The big pearls are on pins, it´s a leftover from the pins I made for the wedding, I made a ton of them and all the roses was with a pearl in the center.

The title is from the song I chose to be sung in our wedding.
I have already made a lo with Villi´s song.
It means something like: I did´t know how life was beautiful until I .... loved you comes next.

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H
In response to Belle*

Hope everything will be ok Belle , hugs ...

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

• luci-scraper Said:
did you girls see these?

Those papers are awesome..I already put some of them in my cart!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to Ingunn H

• Ingunn H Said:
Ok , here come my bl/wh Lo... not much tec here , but it is not easy to use only two colors !!!

This is an acetate printed jpg. I was gonna put it on the white Bazzill with the torn and inked edges but I´m such a thumb person that I smeared it with ink !!! Typical me !!!
The black flowers are covered in stickles , Black Diamond, all flowers is Prima except the white ones, the big one is Heidy Swapp and the smaller is Bazzill , I used all Prima swirl , mm letters and AC thickers, colorbox ink, the black stackable.

The big pearls are on pins, it´s a leftover from the pins I made for the wedding, I made a ton of them and all the roses was with a pearl in the center.

It means something like: I did´t know how life was beautiful until I .... loved you comes next.

Beautiful layout..I love your inking and the Black and white came out wonderfully.

Ingunn H
Expert
Ingunn H

What time is it over there with you guys ??

Now it´s 18:29 , and it´s Tuesday .

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • anderjackie Said:

Beautiful lo! love the strung beads& your hand cutting is great!
To answer your question about posting others posts in your reply.. on the lower right corner of the post you want to quote, there is a few icons, the one to the right of the orange exclamation point is a "quote this post"prompt. Click that & you are good to go! Whew, not very good instructions! (you should see my directions lol)

Thanks Lynn! That was easy!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:
did you girls see these?

oh man, i want all of them!!

I know, me to, I can't figure out which ones I want, lol

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Ingunn H

• Ingunn H Said:

wow this was worth the wait

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

• inspired2day Said:
  • luci-scraper Said:
did you girls see these?

Those papers are awesome..I already put some of them in my cart!

maybe we should all order some and exchange tips, that would be fun

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is a card I made for my boss.

I inked the edges and used my crazy sisccors for the edges of the pp and the put my rub-on on and the put glitter on the rub-on

4U By Luci-scraper

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter

Here you go....my b/w layout....This was fun. Finally, a layout just for me! LOL! No real awesome techniques here. I did some paper distressing around the edges of the b/w print, then tore some spots and slipped a different ppr behind. I stitched the ppr to the white cs bg. Lots of inking. The photo is my DIL and my granddaughters taken several years ago. I used LOTS of flowers and black bling. I used pearls for the flower centers. Like I said...nothing too difficult!

Enchanting Moments
By Sgoetter

Thanks for looking!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-11-08 06:36 PM
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:

BABY BOO
By Bettylou1

This is great! I love the "boo" with the witches shoes & hat on it! Tooo cute! great work

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-11-08 06:37 PM

• luci-scraper Said:

Great lo! I love the colors in this! looks sooo cheery!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 11-11-08 06:39 PM

• inspired2day Said:
Here's a new layout from me: I didn't do the quilling otherwise I would explain that as a technique so if someone else wants to explain how it's done feel free. I know we talked about stickles before so i used that to outline the 21 to highlight my title. I also have a question about paper tearing when the ends are curled over because mine never looks right..how do you all do it? Celebrate 21 By Inspired2day

Looks looks great! I love what you have done with that paper! I also like your title work too ! great job

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to sgoetter

• sgoetter Said:
Here you go....my b/w layout....This was fun. Finally, a layout just for me! LOL! No real awesome techniques here. I did some paper distressing around the edges of the b/w print, then tore some spots and slipped a different ppr behind. I stitched the ppr to the white cs bg. Lots of inking. The photo is my DIL and my granddaughters taken several years ago. I used LOTS of flowers and black bling. I used pearls for the flower centers. Like I said...nothing too difficult!

Enchanting Moments
By Sgoetter

Thanks for looking!

this is gorgeous

Page 6 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics