Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: **FULL/ACTIVE** Garage Sale Swap Due Dec 8th        (Topic#1482767)
ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Hi Ladies! I seen a swap like this that had ended already, and I wished I had seen it earlier.. So I am starting one myself! We all love receiving new things, and we all have thngs we don't need.. You know it true!! LOL So let go through our stuff and swap! Most important let's have fun doing it! This will be a flaker-free swap. You just go through your stuff, send in the things you don't want used or new and you will receive of the same TYPE or VALUE in return. If you need to opt out of the swap please just let me know as soon as you can, so I am not scrabbling at the last minute to figure out what's going on. Life does happen! Please check in at least once a week.

Due To My House By- 12/8/08

RULES:

1. Please send anything you want to.
2. Please individually package/label with your user name, and quantity so I know who sent it in and how much you should get back. Whole packages of stuff don't need to be in a bag, but make sure you label everything with your sb.com id please.
3. Used items are allowed if gently used: stamps, ink pads, tools, paper or plastic templates etc.....
4. DO NOT send in: scrap paper.

GUIDELINES: a bag could consist of...

Fiber/ribbon: 1-3 yards of one type
Mesh/twistel/wire: 1-3 yard
Eye lets, snaps, b rads: 15 large, 20 small
Buttons: 10 large, 15 small
Shaped eyel ets: 10 large, 15 small
Seed beads/embossing powder/UTEE/walnut ink: 1 Tablespoon
Slidemounts: 5
Charms: 5 large, 10 small
Tin/metal: 1 small sheet
Chunky alphas: 10 small, 5 large
Jolee's, Stickers, ect..
Gently used rubber stamps or ink pads...
Ink pads
Rubber stamps
Handmade items
Templates
Magazines
Paper 6x6 or larger
Kits
Chipboard
Tools, Sets
Die Cuts
Any other items, please be generous. Use your best judgement.

PLEASE BE GENEROUS. IF IT IS TRASH, JUST EXTRA OR UNUSABLE TO YOU ANYWAY AND SOMEONE ELSE MAY LOVE IT, WHY NOT BE GENEROUS WITH YOUR PORTIONS AND MAKE THIS A WIN-WIN FOR EVERYONE!!

If there is something you REALLY don't want then I will try to honor your request, but if I get a lot of that item from you should expect to possiable receive it back.

Mailing: you will need to send postage equal to what it costs to mail to me along with 4 additional 42 cent stamps (extra postage will be returned). PM for my addy when you are ready to go postal, a confirmation number is required for this swap.

Swappers:
Hostess: LisaJane
scrappinmy4kids **Dropped
renee1 ??
Mommy2Malachy ??
repete **Dropped
scrapbookgirl28
llprncess3
foxxee_d
Shaie Renee
mom2lfh
ScraPerfect
Adriann no longer participating (sorry to lose you)
Jamie Joe
timetraveler
ababykoala-no longer participating (sorry to lose you)
racegirl88
Yuzefa **dropped
imbayliesmom
poodlegirl
Pliead1
suzannevevans
iammaryburke
Mother Goose
Crystal loves DH N DD
janacaroline
60sqween

= received

Edited by LisaJane on 12-19-08 08:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinmy4kids
Expert
scrappinmy4kids
In response to ScrapCams

I would like to be on the list.

Will there be a value per bag of stuff?

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to scrappinmy4kids

i would like in please

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Great! I'll add you now!

There is no limit on the value of your bags, but lets say you send in a 20.00 tool, you may get another tool that is about 15.00 I will add in a few more extras items to equal the value of what you send in. Or for ex. if you send in 1 baggy of brads, you may or may not get brads back.. But I will give you something around the same value as the brads. Does this make sense? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I am open to all idea's! Also one thing to remember you may send in anything you like, but say you send in 30 small items with a value of 5.00 you will only receive around 5.00 worth of return item(s). Handmade item will be replaced with handmade items.

Edited by LisaJane on 10-12-08 08:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to renee1

WONDERFUL! Adding you now!

scrappinmy4kids
Expert
scrappinmy4kids
In response to ScrapCams

Thanks for explaining. I got it now.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Your very welcome, if any one has any other feel free to ask..

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to ScrapCams

've got a ton of stuff I can send off, I love getting differant stuff

repete
repete 
Tenant
repete
In response to ScrapCams

I'm excited. I want in, please.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to repete

Great Ladies! I'll get both of you added now!

I am so excited!! I went through some of my stuff last night and I already have a lot!!

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to ScrapCams

I love these types of swaps so I'm in. Thanks.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to scrapbookgirl28

Good Morning Ladies!!!! Great Christina, adding you now!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Anyone else??

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to ScrapCams

Oh I have some stuff too, but some of it is kinda large. Is that ok? I have a bag, paper, tools, stamps, stuff like that. Is that what you are looking for? If so I am in!!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to llprncess3

• llprncess3 Said:
Oh I have some stuff too, but some of it is kinda large. Is that ok? I have a bag, paper, tools, stamps, stuff like that. Is that what you are looking for? If so I am in!!!

Yes Yes, anything goes!!! Sounds great! I will get you added now!

Once stuff starts coming it I may post and asks if anyone needs it, that way someone does not get what they don't need either, with tools and such!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

btt

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to ScrapCams

Oh yay!! I will start going through more this weekend and send it in!! I'm so excited!

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to ScrapCams

Count me in too, please! I've got a few things that I just can't seem to use (even though I HAD to have them). LOL I'd love to trade!!

Edited by foxxee_d on 10-17-08 09:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to foxxee_d

• foxxee_d Said:
Count me in too, please! I've got a few things that I just can't seem to use (even though I HAD to have them). LOL I'd love to trade!!

Ok Great Ladies, got ya in foxxee_d .. I know what you mean.. I just HAD to have my stuff to and of course they have not been used, or I have other things I used once and just never pick up any more, so I know where your coming from!! LOL This will be fun and we will all get somethings we really actually might use!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• llprncess3 Said:
Oh yay!! I will start going through more this weekend and send it in!! I'm so excited!

GREAT!! Just Pm me when you are ready to go postal for my addy!

Edited by LisaJane on 10-18-08 05:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to ScrapCams

checking in!!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to renee1

Wishing everyone a scrappin good weekend!

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to ScrapCams

I'd love to join if I can!!!

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to Shaie Renee

I'll be out of town all week so I'll check back in when I get home.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Sure thing, I'll add you now!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• scrapbookgirl28 Said:
I'll be out of town all week so I'll check back in when I get home.

Sounds good! Hope you have a good week!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Hope everyone had a scrapping good weekend!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to ScrapCams

Can you count me in for this one? I have lots of extra baby-themed items I haven't needed for awhile now.....

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to mom2lfh

• mom2lfh Said:
Can you count me in for this one? I have lots of extra baby-themed items I haven't needed for awhile now.....

Sure thing!! I'll add you in now!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Hi There Ladies,

The more I am thinking about this exciting swap.. The more things I think of to possibly cover.. And I just wanted to suggest (if you prefer) when you are mailing your box out to me you can include a little note, of the top three things you really have no use for, and the top three things you could really use.. For ex: you may only have boys and could not use girl items, or you may not like brads.. You may really need or like 3d stickers.. Or you may need baby items.. Now there is no guarantee you will or will not get what you ask for (it all depends on what comes in, and you still may receive something you didn't want if I get a lot of that type of item), this will just give me a better idea of who needs (or not) things.. I think this would benefit everyone in the best possible way.
Or you can pm me, if you prefer. Thanks ladies, I am total excited to do this swap with all of you!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

BTT

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to ScrapCams

That sounds cool, I was going through my things yesterday and it seems like I have a lot of Creative Memories things. Not because I don't like them but I used a lot of that when I first started and obviously my taste has changed a lot since then . . . but the note is a great idea!! Also I'm CI for the week hope ya'll have a great one!!

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to ScrapCams

I'd like in. Please PM me address. This sure sound like a lot of work on your end! Since stuff isn't due for a while, it might be a good idea to send a reminder just after T-giving....but I sure hate to add to your work!!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to scraperfect

I went through some stuff this weekend and I have a lot. Do you want me to send it all, or should I just stick to the small stuff??

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to ScrapCams

jci. I am trying to get all my swaps done early so I will not be busy with holiday stuff

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

I'd like in. Please PM me address. This sure sound like a lot of work on your end! Since stuff isn't due for a while, it might be a good idea to send a reminder just after T-giving....but I sure hate to add to your work!!!!

Great I'll add you now! I will pm you also.. I am good w/ it all, I am very excited to do this.. and with everyone checking in once a week we should be good.. but if anyone hasn't checked it I will send them a pm for a reminder.. and if any one wants to send early feel free and if I get everyones stuff earlier I will send out earlier.. I just know there are a lot of swap ending within the next month so I didn't want anyone to have to rush.. So feel free to take your time.. and if needed I will send reminders.. Have a great week, glad to have you!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• llprncess3 Said:
I went through some stuff this weekend and I have a lot. Do you want me to send it all, or should I just stick to the small stuff??

Hi There, Well I really will leave that up to you.. I have a lot of stuff too.. and I want to trade it so I am going to include it.. and my stuff includes CM stuff, 3d Stickers, Templates, Tools, emblishments, punches, paper, die cuts, mags.. and much more.. I even Have two cutters I don't use anymore I may put in, and I still am going through my stuff also.. so if you want to send it all in go right ahead.. I think the more stuff we get in the more will have to trade!! Have a great week! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Mommy2Malachy

Thanks for the ci's ladies!! Have a great week!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to ScrapCams

What do you think if we all post a list of everything we are sending as we send it in. That may make it easier for everyone to see what they may need. I don't know if this will work, but it is an idea. I have a lot of stuff like punches, stamps, storage, paper, stickers, tools etc. Still looking through stuff, but I have a lot already. I am so excited about doing this!!

Adriann
Diva
Adriann

If it's not to late I would like to join.

Thx!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Adriann

Hi there it's not to late, so your in!! Welcome, I will add you now!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• llprncess3 Said:
What do you think if we all post a list of everything we are sending as we send it in. That may make it easier for everyone to see what they may need. I don't know if this will work, but it is an idea. I have a lot of stuff like punches, stamps, storage, paper, stickers, tools etc. Still looking through stuff, but I have a lot already. I am so excited about doing this!!

Hi There, Well I think that would be a lot of work, and not to say everyone one will be but I don't want 10 people wanting one same thing and then be very disappointed or upset when they don't receive it.. And I really want everyone to be a bit surprised when they get what they get...
Once things come in, I will ask if people need a certain tool or larger item with some things, but that still will not guarantee they get it.. I seen this same swap on the boards and I am somewhat following how they did the other ones... If you want to list in general what you are sending in that will be find, like you and I already have. Thank you for asking.. If anyone else has questions please feel free to ask !!

Have a great day!!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to ScrapCams

Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Jamie Joe
Tenant
Jamie Joe
In response to ScrapCams

Can I jump on board for this one?

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to Adriann

jci

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to ScrapCams

Checking in!

I love garage sales as it is and the "trade in" aspect of this one makes it even more exciting.
Looks like there will be lots of goodies to be had!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Jamie Joe

• Jamie Joe Said:
Can I jump on board for this one?

Sure can, Great to have you!!

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to ScrapCams

I would love to jion if its ok i have tons new items ,lucretta pm the information thank you

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to timetraveler

• timetraveler Said:
I would love to jion if its ok i have tons new items ,lucretta pm the information thank you

Great!! Glad to have all you ladies aboard!! I am getting so excited having you all!! I knew this would be a great swap to have! Hope you all had a great weekend!

timetraveler adding you now and will pm you my addy! Thanks again for joining us!

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to ScrapCams

JCI

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to renee1

Hello everyone!! How has your weekend been? Anything special your working on or doing? I am taking my children t-o-t today!! I love halloween, one of my fav. holidays!! We t-o-t 3 times each year, because all of the surrounding areas have t-o-t or several different days, mostly because of football games going on.. and they think there may be to much traffic.. I am so excited!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to ScrapCams

Lucky!!! we only get to do it once a year on the 31st and in my area only for 4 hours!

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to renee1

JCI I haven't got much done this weekend I went to NY with my Stepmother and got lots of great pics that I'm going to put a 8x8 album together with. I can't wait!!! A little embarrased to say but I've never done anything smaller than 12x12 . . .

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28

Back from vacation and checking in. I'll be working on this swap this week.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

btt

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Hi There Ladies! Just a reminder about shipping:

Email me for my address when your ready to go postal.
Don't forget to include the same amount of money in your box for postage that it cost you to mail it to me, Plus 4 additional .42 stamps. Any unused postage will be returned to you with your package.
Last but not least, get a d/c # for your package, and post it here, once your package has went postal.
(Just incase: a d/c is a delivery confirmation number you just ask for it at the post)

I will post this again shortly before due date incase anyone needs a refresher. Thank you!! Have a great day!

Edited by LisaJane on 10-28-08 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Adriann
Diva
Adriann
In response to ScrapCams

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Ya know me too.. I am just getting ready to start a 8x8, well I started it last week 1 page done, I also have also ways done two page layouts and now I am doing 1 often. I just really like 12 x 12.. and I also like the space you have to work with with a 2 page 12 x 12.!! LOL SO no need to be embaressed.. we all have OUR way of doing things and thats what scrappin is all about!!

ababykoala
Diva
ababykoala
In response to ScrapCams

I would like to join please!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ababykoala

• ababykoala Said:
I would like to join please!

Great! I'll add you now!

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to ScrapCams

jci

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88

Id like to sign up.

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88
In response to racegirl88

Ive done a couple of 8x8 and a 10x10 . If you pick your paper to match your pics it'll go quicker , kinda like putting a page kit together. I did my 10x10 in a couple of days.

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to ScrapCams

So, I'm gonna try to get all I can done this weekend. But I have a quick question. When you say "Die Cuts", do you mean the plates or things that have been cut already?

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Ok Great, I'll get you added now!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• Mommy2Malachy Said:
So, I'm gonna try to get all I can done this weekend. But I have a quick question. When you say "Die Cuts", do you mean the plates or things that have been cut already?

Both are fine, but paper die cuts will be exchanged for other paper die cuts or other handmade items that come in. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Ladies I have gotten all my stuff together!! Boy do I have a lot of stuff, I think I may be addicted to scrapbooking supplies !! And I have one question I have a cricut cartridge (George) I would be willing to trade with someone for another cartrige, so if you are interested in that let me know.. if no one is interested that is fine also, I will just not include it in the exchange. Hope you all have a happy halloween!!

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to ScrapCams

jci

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Thanks for all the ci's ladies! I am glad to see everyone keeping up, so thank you all!!

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to ScrapCams

I'll participate... have a few items that I no longer need or ever even used...

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to ScrapCams

Before I send these in...
Would anyone use or like to have Scrapbook Nails and or Tacks. They are Chatterbox snap-on paper-crafting fasteners.

Link to see Nails

Link to see Tacks

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Zolyshka

Hello every one. It has been a crazy busy week with homework and classes! Thank goodness its finally friday, and HALLOWEEN!! Happy Halloween to all of you! This is my favorite day of the year!

Anywho...I have gone through everything a couple of times, going to give it one more run through and I will send it all out sometime next week (I hope ) So far I have a pretty good size box!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Please, I would LOVE to join. I love scrapbook Garage Sales.

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to imbayliesmom

jci, and Happy Halloween!!!

poodlegirl
Resident
poodlegirl

sign me up please! I love swaps!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to poodlegirl

Hi There Ladies!! I will get all of you added (Yuzefa, imbayliesmom , and poodlegirl)
.. And great to have you all!!

Happy Halloween to all!! It is also my fav. Holiday... Halloween and 4th of July are my fav.. Holidays!!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Well Well Ladies Here is an update of all who have joined our swap!! 19 total so far!! Wow what a great turn out! I am so excited to see what we all have collected!! LOL

Swappers:
Hostess: LisaJane
scrappinmy4kids
renee1
Mommy2Malachy
repete
scrapbookgirl28
llprncess3
foxxee_d
Shaie Renee
mom2lfh
ScraPerfect
Adriann
Jamie Joe
timetraveler
ababykoala
racegirl88
Yuzefa
imbayliesmom
poodlegirl

If I have missed you somehow please pm me and I will add you in, but I think I have everyone added up to this point.

Whoo hoo!! Have A Great Day!

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to ScrapCams

Trick or Treat!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Good Morning everyone!!

Amy I received your package yesterday and your postage!! Thank you!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to ScrapCams

Good morning everyone! I will be working on my package this week and I hope to get it sent out this weekend. Yeah!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to imbayliesmom

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a great weekend! I was pretty sick after Friday night.. but we had a great time Friday night! More on that at my friends chat!

I want to welcome Pliead1 thank you for the pm and we are glad to have you!! That's make's 20!!

Off to work now! Have a great day!

poodlegirl
Resident
poodlegirl
In response to ScrapCams

jci. I started packaging baggies this weekend.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to poodlegirl

Thanks ladies for all the ci's!! I hope your all having fun getting your items together!! Take your time and just remember due date is Dec. 8.. I hope to get all them back to you all before Christmas.. It might be nice to put them under the tree and open them on Christmas for a little more excitement!

If any one has any questions on how to bag your items or any other questions please feel free to ask or pm me!! Thanks again ladies! Good-night

suzannevevans
New Kid On the Block
suzannevevans
In response to ScrapCams

I would love to join the swap. Is it still available?

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to suzannevevans

im checking in

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to renee1

checking in...

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Zolyshka

jci

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to ScrapCams

Is it too late to get in this swap? I would love to participate!

Mary

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to suzannevevans

Hi There suzannevevans and iammaryburke it is not to late to join, so I'll add you now!! Great to have you both!!

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to ScrapCams

hi just checking in ive been helping me sweetie get ready for a trip but things should be more calm now .hugs lucretta

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to timetraveler

jci, hope you are all having a great week!

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke

Is there a certain amount of stuff that we are supposed to send?

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to iammaryburke

• iammaryburke Said:
Is there a certain amount of stuff that we are supposed to send?

Hi There, No the is no certain amount you need to send in, just send in things you don't need or use anymore, or just want to trade for.. Lets say you have a punch you no longer want or use you can send it in and possiable get another one, or something else that maybe about the same value as a punch.. or say you have some blue beads or flower brads, send them in (try to use the guidelines on my 1st post as to how to bag things)and then you may recieve some red beads or a different type of brads. It all really depends on what come in, as to how things will be swapped. But it totally up to you as to how much you want to send in. No scrap paper (6x6 or larger is fine). Gently used items are fine, also. If you should or anyone, has any other questions please feel free to ask!! Have a great day!

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka
In response to ScrapCams

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88
In response to ScrapCams

Checking in

ababykoala
Diva
ababykoala

Me too!

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to ababykoala

I was without internet access for several days and it just got fixed today so sorry I haven't checked in recently.

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d

Just stopping in to say hello!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to foxxee_d

checking in!
Hello everyone!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

• scrapbookgirl28 Said:
I was without internet access for several days and it just got fixed today so sorry I haven't checked in recently.

That's ok!! Great to hear you got it fixed!! Thanks for all the ci's ladies!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to ScrapCams

jci

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics