Page 5 of 7 
Username Post: **FULL/ACTIVE** Garage Sale Swap Due Dec 8th        (Topic#1482767)
Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to llprncess3

Facebook QUEEN here.............Melissa Eggler

I so wish we could find out what was going on. I don't think the police thing would be the WRONG thing to do. My brother is a police officer and I'll ask him if it's too drastic...But even if we do, will they let us know what they find out?? Probably not, as we are not really "friends" (well we are, but you know, not in real life!!) or family. Hopefully the Facebook thing will pan out...

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

Facebook Princess here....Megan McDonald Smith (well, if someone is the queen, there has to be a princess!! )

Yeah, I hope the facebook thing does pan out. I would think that if something happened to someone in her family that she would at least be checking e-mails. If something happened to her, would her dh think to come onto sb.com and let us know, probably not. That is what has me worried!! Oh well, I will let you know if I hear anything from the facebook tip.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to imbayliesmom

No word yet on facebook. Maybe he will check it tomorrow.....arghhhh

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Still nothing....

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Grrr.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to mom2lfh

And nothing again. The guy on Facebook accepted my friendship but not my e-mail. I just asked him again if he was related to her.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

I guess we could send her a snail mail letter, and then note on the outside of the envelope that if she can't read it, Please read it, e-mail us or post here as to what the hell's going on. I did that to my last hostess who flaked, and we FINALLY got the packages 4 months later.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

I will write her a letter today and send it signature required. What do you all think?

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

Go for it. Let me know if I can pitch in for postage. i can paypal it over to you.

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

thats agood idea I talked to the postoffice were
lisajane lives and she been picking up her mail
according to the post office so somone is there
and yes satn kurlik is her hubby

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

thats agood idea I talked to the postoffice were
lisajane lives and she been picking up her mail
according to the post office so somone is there
and yes stan kurlik is her hubby

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to timetraveler

Okay, I will write her a letter and send it certified today. Don't worry about postage, I will take care of it. I am going to include my phone number and my 1-800 number here at work so maybe someone will call me. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks!
Meg

poodlegirl
Resident
poodlegirl

Thanks for taking the lead on this. I hope everything works out.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to poodlegirl

The letter has been sent...now all we do is wait I guess.

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

I think theres probaly good reason by sending aletter maybe we will find out
hugs Lucretta

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

Thanks for doing that. Did that person ever respond on Facebook????

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

No response from Facebook dude.

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88

I sent her a pm and no response .She's in my die cut swap and she hasnt checked in and she told me she was going postal but never sent her stuff. I checked her post and the last time she;s been on any post was dec29h. This is also my 2nd time getting screwed from a hostess.I ws in a pet swap and the hostess was cheking in on pther post xcept hers.We didnt get our stuff for 3 months.I was pertty mad,especially when she was ignoring us.I dont know whats going on with Lisa.I hope evrything is ok.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Thanks for sending the letter, that is a great idea. Hopefully we hear from her or someone soon!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Maybe we should ALL send her a letter. Maybe it would remind her how many of us she's left hanging. Lol. Anyway, calling the post office was a good idea. I never would have thought of that. I guess I didn't realize they would be so willing to give out info.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Not a problem at all. I just keep hopping on here hoping above all hope that Lisa will finally reappear. I guess I need to quit bothering with it.

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d

I'm doing the same, Meg. I keep peeking in and HOPING that she'll reappear...or that my package will!!

On the flip side though-I have to admit that I'm enjoying all of the sleuthing you ladies have been doing. This is like a real-life mystery. LOL

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to foxxee_d

I think I will write her a letter too. It couldn't hurt to let her know that many are wondering what's going on. There seem to be several people on here who are not checking in though. Maybe we should send them all a message to see what's up with them, and see if they know anything..........Or maybe they have just given up.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

Or maybe they got their goodies?? I doubt it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't be wondering what's going on, too.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to ScrapCams

These are all supposedly participating, so I would think there would be more wondering what the deal is. I'm sending her a letter, too.
Could you guys let me know what you said in your letter??

Swappers:
Hostess: LisaJane

renee1 ??
Mommy2Malachy ??
scrapbookgirl28
llprncess3
foxxee_d
Shaie Renee
mom2lfh
ScraPerfect
Jamie Joe
timetraveler
racegirl88
Yuzefa **dropped
imbayliesmom
poodlegirl
Pliead1
suzannevevans
iammaryburke
Mother Goose
Crystal loves DH N DD
janacaroline
60sqween

= received

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to Pliead1

Thanks for sending her a letter. I hope we at least hear back from somebody and get our stuff back. I just don't understand why she said she mailed them when she really didn't.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to scrapbookgirl28

• scrapbookgirl28 Said:
Thanks for sending her a letter. I hope we at least hear back from somebody and get our stuff back. I just don't understand why she said she mailed them when she really didn't.

I totally agree. That makes my fume. I hate it when people lie, and she DID say that we should be getting our stuff anyday. Okay, I better stop obsessing about this. It is what it is, and hopefully we will find something out soon.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

I sent a message to Megan (Forum Tech) and this is what I got back:

"Hiya!

For the most part, we're pretty hands off of this stuff for privacy reasons. She was on the site the first week of January, not since.

No phone numbers are stored in profiles. Give it another week or so, and it will have been 2 weeks since she was on the site, and I'll shoot an e-mail to her registered account. ~Megan~ - Custodial Engineer & Wizard in Training
Speak softly, and carry a large wet MOP!
Came, Saw, Blogged"

In my letter I told her that she needed to pop on here and at least let us know what was going on, she owed us that courtesy. I then addressed her husband and stated that if something had happened to Lisa, could he please contact me asap so we would know. I gave my work 1-800 number as well as my personal e-mail address.

I am at a total loss. I just hope that we hear back from all of the letters that were sent. According to Megan, Lisa was on here the first week of January. The last time I have found was December 29th.

Signed-
Nancy Drew (aka-Megan)

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Melissa-

Which participants have we not seen in awhile? I have ScraPerfect , Suzanneevans, Mother Goose, Crystal loves DH N DD and janacaroline. I will contact each one of them and see if they have received anything or heard anything. If you see any other names, then you can contact them?

Meg

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Okie Dokie-sent a message to the 5 I listed above.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect

Wow. I sent so much stuff!!! It was good stuff but I guess I can at least not feel so bad that it was stuff I didn't want anymore. I wish if I was making a donation, I had donated it to a shelter, though. I actually had forgotten all about this until I was contacted asking if I'd received anything. (Course I'm just a tad busy & distracted getting ready for CHA!) I've never done a swap before so I don't know her at all. I think she sounded quite nice to take this all on and really didn't sound like a scam or a flake. Perhaps life got in the way. Maybe she wrote that it had all been sent and we'd be getting it soon b/c she felt badly that it had taken longer than she intended, and meant to get it right out. Time will tell.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to scraperfect

I don't think it was a donation, I honestly think something has happened to Lisa Jane. Hopefully our letters will turn up something.

Thanks for getting back with us.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

I've been reading all the posts and have nothing else to say. I'm having a hard time understanding how someone would harm their own reputation by taking from others, especially what we had considered "garage sale" items. Something has to have gone wrong with her, surely she has not done this on purpose. I pray for her health and safety and all of us for patience and understanding.

60sqween
Tenant
60sqween
In response to Mother Goose

Hello, all. You all sound like the CSI. BOy if I ever went missing I would want you guys to be the one's looking for me. Well keep up the good work I hope we will hear something soon.

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to Mother Goose

I'm with Mother Goose. I can't imagine she did this intentionally. I understood that she'd hosted swaps in the past with no problem. The fact that she hasn't been on the site and hasn't checked on ANY of the swaps she's in is what makes me worry about her.

Besides, it's not like anyone could really give up scrapbooking cold turkey like that, right?!?! I know I sure couldn't. LOL

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to foxxee_d

No, I don't think that she intended to keep the items, nor would her husband even THINK to contact us if something DID happen. So, we will hope that someone will contact us regarding her, and I do hope and pray that she is safe and okay. She was so nice in previous posts that she made, and notes that she sent to me, urging me to come to her swap, and to try it again (after the one hostess flaked on us)...IRONIC. So, I'm sure something is wrong. I just hope it's nothing TOO serious. I can totally live without the items I sent, if it means her well being.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

Who all sent letters besides me and where do you live? I am trying to see who might be the closest and who will hear the soonest. I am in Arkansas, so I imagine it will take my letter until Monday or Tuesday to reach Indiana.

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88

somethings gotta be wrong its not like her to disapear.Maybe we'll hear something by next week.

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to racegirl88

Good job lady's on all your work on trying to find out about Lisa . . . I'm trying to remain patient . . . she must be sick or something . . .or something . . .

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to Shaie Renee

But she's picking her mail up ya'll if something was wrong with her then how is she getting her mail??

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee

Edited by Shaie Renee on 01-16-09 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Well, her mail goes to her house and her husband's name is Curtis, not Stan, so I think whoever said the thing about the post office has the wrong Lisa Krulik. Yes, I think that something is wrong and I think that we may all get some answers as soon as our letters start arriving at their house. Let's all just pray that she isn't hurt or worse or that something hasn't happened to one of her children.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

Oh God, that would be the very worst. My letter is going out today. *fingers crossed*

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

Dear Lisa,

It’s obvious that something is terribly wrong, as none of us have heard from you since you said you were going to mail our SWAP packages. I’m not concerned about the items I sent, as I know that you had the best intentions to complete it. I have re-read the notes you sent me, and am certain that you are an honest person. Many are concerned about you all over the threads of scrapbook.com. We hope nothing terrible has happened to you or your family. But we are very confused.
If this is NOT Lisa reading this, PLEASE contact myself at [email protected] so that I can pass along any message to so many that are concerned about her on www.scrapbook.com. We have all sent boxes of scrapbooking items to her for a swap that she was hosting, and have not received anything back, when she said she mailed everything. If possible, we would like our items back, when you have a chance. All postage has been paid to Lisa already. But, most importantly, we would like to know what is going on.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. We hope everything is okay, and that we can get this resolved.

Thank you,

Melissa Eggler
[email protected]

60sqween
Tenant
60sqween
In response to Pliead1

Any news lady's?

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to 60sqween

None here yet.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

That was a great letter, Melissa. It reflects more concern than annoyance. While I am a little annoyed, I am more concerned about her than anything. She has 4 kids and I would hate to think that something has happened to her. But even if I don't get anything back from the swap, at the very least I'd like to have my postage $ back so I could put it into my Cricut fund.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to mom2lfh

Any news? Here's an image of what I sent...

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Oh! How nice! If only we could get our boxes and see what we were given!!

I still have not heard a thing. I haven't received back an signature confirmation from my letter. She should have received it no later than yesterday.

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88

nothin yet

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

It was a good idea to take a picture of what all you mailed in. But it makes me kind of sad to see all the stuff I haven't gotten yet. lol. Mostly I sent in 12x12 pp and some various embellies and stickers. I didn't have any tools to send.
Since Monday was a holiday maybe it's making the mail run slower than usual. Hopefully. Surely we'll hear something soon...

Shaie Renee
Expert
Shaie Renee
In response to mom2lfh

Wow ScraPerfect that's some pretty nice stuff . . .stupid me didn't take a pic of my stuff but it was a lot including a 12x12 baseball album!!!! At the least yeah I would like my $10 worth of postage back . . .

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke

the shipping for mine was $15.00...

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to iammaryburke

The shipping on mine was $10. I sent her a check and it has never cleared the bank. I sent in tons of 12 x 12 pp, embellies, ribbon, some tools, etc. I figured I sent in well over $200 worth of stuff. Stupid, stupid me.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

I STUFFED a 12x12 Priority Mail box with about $200 worth of items. My shipping was $10, and I sent CASH for the return postage. I'm starting to lose my sense of humor now..........I mean, at LEAST someone could answer the letters. Seriously.........

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

Is anyone a member of CLASSMATES.COM?? Maybe she's there. There is someone by that name listed, but I'm not a member. I think it's to the point that contacting the police where she lives would be relative. I'm not accusing her of stealing anything, but just to see what's going on. I think we should know something by now.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

You guys, I just found this:

Lisa Krulik
53776 Quince Rd
South Bend, IN 46628
(574) 289-2645

Should we give it a try??? Who wants to call? (i'm chicken!)

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

• Pliead1 Said:
You guys, I just found this:

Lisa Krulik
53776 Quince Rd
South Bend, IN 46628
(574) 289-2645

Should we give it a try??? Who wants to call? (i'm chicken!)

And THAT IS "Lisa JANE Krulik" by the way!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

I will call it. I will wait until about 8:00 and then call.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

That number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Poop! What now? I am with calling the police in that area, but what do we say?

Not that this is a funny situation, but my hubbie asked me if we were going to stickle and thicker her when we found her (instead of tar and feather ). I was pretty impressed that he used scrapbook terminology!!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

"The number you have called has been disconnected or is no longer in service". Rats!!

Now what? No word on my letter. I am all for calling the police in Bremen, but what do we say?

Not that this is a funny situation, but I have to tell you what my hubbie said. We were talking the other night about the situation that we are all in and he asked if when we found her if we were going to "stickle and thicker her" (his pun on tar and feather). I thought it was pretty impressive that he has listened to me enough that he knew 2 scrapbook terms.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Sorry for the duplicate post....my computer is acting up.

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

you have to call the post office in bremen,thye
will give you number to report this I had it here
but missplaced it,I was also told she might be moving From another lady who is in her swap she had it in her email

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Well, to be honest, she's a missing person. Plus she's "stolen" our items. (that's harsh, I know, because I know she never intended to do that, but maybe it will get them to look at what's going on and at least let us know).
HYSTERICAL on the husband comment!! I fell of my chair laughing!!

And there has not been one post on the tread that I created "Missing Hostess".

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88
In response to Pliead1

that stinks! Nothing coming to a dead end .

racegirl88
Guru
racegirl88
In response to Pliead1

that stinks! Nothing like coming to a dead end .

60sqween
Tenant
60sqween

Wow!! still nothing ladies?

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to 60sqween

Still nothing. I am beginning to wonder if she actually did take our stuff. I had faith that she was a good person, but I am really not feeling like it now. What's next? I am not comfortable calling the police station, would one of you do it?

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Did the forum tech every send an e-mail? She said she would after a couple of weeks. I doubt it will get us anywhere, but at least we're going at LisaJane from a different angle. I am not comfortable calling the cops, either, but I might be able to talk my husband into doing it if no one else will. He's great in situations like this. (He's even better in person because he's a big guy--6'9", 300 lbs--and everyone's scared of him. If we lived within a couple of hours of her I would send him to her house. LOL).

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to mom2lfh

I will send another message to the Forum Tech and see if she had any luck. Your husband sounds a lot like my brother!!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to mom2lfh

• mom2lfh Said:
Did the forum tech every send an e-mail? She said she would after a couple of weeks. I doubt it will get us anywhere, but at least we're going at LisaJane from a different angle. I am not comfortable calling the cops, either, but I might be able to talk my husband into doing it if no one else will. He's great in situations like this. (He's even better in person because he's a big guy--6'9", 300 lbs--and everyone's scared of him. If we lived within a couple of hours of her I would send him to her house. LOL).

Funny! My husband too! he looks like a pro=wrestler! My brother is a police officer, and I'll get his take on it. Maybe he could figure something out (after making fun of my because this even happened at all!).
I do, however, think it's strange that she has vanished from every single thread she was on. not just ours. And there is another "secret pal" swap that she was in, where her pal was waiting for her items, and she has not gotten them yet. Plus, she was so active on here, if we are logical about this, something must have happened. I'll see what my brother has to say.
BRB.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

Here is my e-mail to my brother:

MAtt, here's the deal, and don't make fun of me.

okay, I'm on a website called www.scrapbook.com and I'm in a "Garage Sale Swap" where everyone fills a box of old or unsused scrapbook items, sends them to the hostess, and then, she sorts it all out and returns other items to us. Her name is Lisa Jane Krulik and she was the hostess of this swap, and present on many other threads on the website. She posted messages to us daily on the progress of the swap, answered questions, etc. Then, on December 26th, she posted that she had mailed all of the packages back, and that we should be receiving our boxes shortly. Then, Nothing....NO ONE got any of the items at all, and then she completle disappeared from the website. After posting on several threads daily, there is NOTHING, and no one can get ahold of her. She was also on another "secret pal" swap too, and was supposed to send her pal items, but her pal has not heard from her either.
What's happened here is this: We have all sent her snail mail letters, asking what happened (and if she wasn't the one reading the letter, we directed it to anyone who was), some have tried to track down a phone number with no luck. So, now, the bottom line is that she has basically stolen our items, and is a missing person. Somone suggested contacting the police department in Bremem Indiana but no one feels comforatlbe doing that. And if we did, would they even help us? We just want our items back, and to know what's going on with her. It's odd that she just totally disappeared after she was all over the website, all the time.
so, what do we do??? We all trusted her because she's done this before, and other people have participated, and it's turned out well. Just give me some advise here. Thanks.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

Does anyone know a Private investigator? (Seroiously!)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

I am not part of this swap but fell into this thread while looking for an open swap and now can not drag myself away. I feel so bad for all of you, it is just so strange! I am new to this site, so am unaware but has this happened before? Makes me think twice about joining anything...

Anyhow, hang in there, I wish I was a PI I would help you all out.

BTW, have you checked Facebook or Myspace pages? I do have a classmates account if you went me to pursue that.

Kristin

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

Pliead1

I just sent you a PM with some information.

Kristin

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to knl334

• knl334 Said:
Pliead1

I just sent you a PM with some information.

Kristin

Kristin, THANK YOU!!! Okay, ladies, here is some more info!! Who's on it??!?!? Kristin found her on Classmates.com and this is listed as her employment! So, we may be one step closer. And I have not heard from my brother yet, I know he's laughing his A** off at us!! Hey, HELL HATH NO FUREY LIKE A WOMAN WHO HAS LOST scrapbooking products !!!!

Super 8 South Bend
www.super8.com

4124 Ameritech Drive
South Bend, IN 46628
(574) 243-0200

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

BTW, I sent her a message through Classmates asking her to check in here because folks were missing her and asked if she was okay. Hopefully she will answer that, I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

Kristin

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

I don't think this is the same Lisa because she lists herself as a stay at home mom. There was another Lisa Krulik in South Bend, but hers is the number that has been disconnected. Kristin-can you see if you can find a Curtis Krulik? That is her husbands name based off of www.whitepages.com. Thanks for your help!!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Great letter Melissa!!

Okay, since we have all become close on here because of this mess and I was wondering if we could come up with a swap of our own. What do you all think???

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

• imbayliesmom Said:
Great letter Melissa!!

Okay, since we have all become close on here because of this mess and I was wondering if we could come up with a swap of our own. What do you all think???

I was totally thinking the SAME thing!! But it can't be a Garage Sale Swap because I have nothing left ! *lol* (sorta!!)
What about something small to start off with like a ribbon or fiber swap?? Or a color swap?? We could all pick a color we love, and then each person could send in 10 things of that color? We could open it up as a new swap, but I've never done one before, so have no idea how to do it!! Or maybe we just want to keep it to the ELITE members of the "missing hostess" swap!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

I was thinking the SAME thing!

What about starting with something like a COLOR swap? Each person picks their favorite color, and then each person of the swap sends 5-10 items in that color?? WOuld that work?? I've never done this before so would have no idea how to organize it!! Anyway, it can't be a Garage Sale Swap because I have nothing left!!! *lol*

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

UGH! sorry about the duplicate posting!!!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to Pliead1

That sounds great! Let's see what the other girls want to do, but I think the color swap would be good way to start. Once we get everyone on board....we will decide the rules of the game. PLEASE NOOOOOO FLAKERS!!!!!!!!

Kristin-you are more than welcome to join in as well!! We would love to have you.

Who wants in?

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

IN!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

Thanks! Sounds great I'm in!

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler

checking in thanks on the up date

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

HEY I'LL BE THE HOSTESS SEND ALL YOUR STUFF TO ME!!! AND SEND CASH FOR RETURN POSTAGE!! (no checks please) THEN I'LL DISAPPEAR!!!
Not really I don't want to be the hostess I don't have the time to sort everything. But I'm definitely in the new swap.

Edited by mom2lfh on 01-24-09 03:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to mom2lfh

Okay, here is what my charming brother sent!!
*he's such a snot!*

"1st of all Melissa Ann I think you do to much ******** on the internet. Regardless the lady possible scammed you and has now fallen off the map. Ok, well, is the stuff that is owed to you really worth anything or is it just scraping stuff. Did you pay her any $? Does she owe you any $ or just the swap stuff? Now does she live in Indiana? Why won't anyone contact the police about it? Im sure she is not "missing" she just scammed you people. Therefore that is a crime, and the crime should be reported. However................if this stuff is not worth anything, if tons of $ wasn't put into it......don't expect this to be a priority case. Yes it will be looked into, but is there a crime? Report it. It's not going to hurt anything. Maybe there is a reason. Maybe she died. Maybe she is sick, her computer crashed. Who knows. Mainly you mentioned that she has done this swap ******** before, and you all trusted her. I'm sure she has good reason, unless, like I said, a bunch of $ is involved. Enough form her to do this, over some scrapping items.....doubt it. Report it though. Thats not going to hurt anything. My advise....don't do that internet ********. you put to much trust in people and don't even know who or what they are about, except what the "say" on the computer. Let me know whats up and send me money."

I think he has a good point about this being a crime. We are at LEAST owed an explaination. so, I think we proceed with reporting it. What do you guys think??

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Pliead1

I was trying to think of all the things I sent to her. I know it was a large padded envelop full of things, at least 20 items, none worth less than $1.00 - $3.00 each, averaging out to be about $40, more or less, it costs about $10.00 to mail and I sent that much postage, so I'm out about $60. From what I've read, you all sent that much and more. She indicated that she received packages from 18 of us. At $50 - $60 on average for each of us and it comes out to be a lot of money involved ($900 - $1080) Maybe more. I'd say that is a pretty good amount of money and indeed a crime, and I think it should be reported. She had probably violated some US postal system laws too.

Edited by Mother Goose on 01-24-09 05:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

• Pliead1 Said:
Ok, well, is the stuff that is owed to you really worth anything or is it just scraping stuff.

So, what? He doesn't think scrapping stuff is worth anything? LOL.
I guess he's right, it really is a crime, even if it's only petty theft. If the postal service is involved does it become a federal crime? I have no idea. I guess it should be reported but I'm too chicken to report it.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to mom2lfh

I think it should be reported as well. Does anyone volunteer to call? Melissa, do you think your brother would call? I sent about $200 worth of stuff....just odds and ends, but I did send 100 sheets of 12 x 12 paper. That in itself was worth close to $100. It also cost me $10.00 to ship and I sent a $10.00 check for her to ship back to me. Now, if she was scamming us, I would think that she would have cashed the check by now. But, you never know.

If no one else will call, then I will try on Monday morning.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

Doubtful that my brother will, but I can ask him. I don't think he knows enough info about it so I think it should be one of us. It's a legit concern, and we have the right to know what's going on. I'd like my package back, if nothing else, AND I send money for return postage, too.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Pliead1

Hey, just checking in and catching up on all that has been going on. Wow, you girls are good. I am extremely disappointed in this, and am trying to stay on the positive side. I sent quite a bit of stuff. I want to say at least $100-200 retail worth of stuff. Lots of unused stickers/rubons/die cuts, a tote, tools, ink, stamps, and more. It cost me $12 to ship and then the $12 for postage back. So my total is looking at abou $150+. What makes it worse is I no longer have a job because of school and am now out the supplies I could have used elsewhere or sold and the money for shipping. I am really hoping everything is alright with her, but it makes me feel like I cannot trust the people I thought I could. No offense to anyone here, you all seem like wonderful people, but it is very upsetting.
Melissa, I agree with your brother, if she really has done this, then it is a crime, and I am guessing the amount of product she received is pretty high. I am not sure how to feel or what to do. Contacting the police is probably a good idea. Then we may get more information if they are willing to share with us.
Hopefully everything works out. I am glad that we have people that are genuinely good on here!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

BTW, I looked up her address and I wish I could make the drive, but it is 3 hours from me. I was hoping it would be right over the border and I could just drive over. Wish I could be more help, thought I would let you all know I looked.

Hope you all have a wonderful night!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom

Okay, I will call Monday morning. My husband said that we should just call and have them do a wellness check and explain the situation to them and see what can be done. If everyone that sent stuff to Lisa please send me a rough estimate on what you sent, then I will tally it all up and call tomorrow morning.

I know we are all getting pretty desperate here and I just want some **** answers from Lisa.

poodlegirl
Resident
poodlegirl

Hi ladies. I just wanted to report the value of my stuff ($20-$25) and post my packing list to assist in the police reporting before signing off this thread. I will check in for updates via the website, but I am getting depressed seeing all the posts about this incomplete swap in my inbox. Usually, I would be in the mix, researching laws about mail fraud, etc...but I am nearly three months pregnant and battling morning sickness, so this situation could not be happening at a worst time. It makes me ill to think that we've been scammed, or worse, that something bad happened to incapacitate Lisa. Hopefully, there will be a positive ending to this. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to investigate.

Poodlegirl’s Packing List:

•1 unused sheet chipboard alphas
•Case of epoxy stickers
•1 spool of ribbon (2 yds)
•1 partial sheet of blue/pink accent fuzzy stickers
•1 partial sheet of 3-D Halloween stickers
•1 partial sheet of embossed island getaway stickers
•1 unused sheet of diaper alpha stickers
•1 partial sheet of fairytale princess fuzzy stickers
•1 partial sheet of princess birthday stickers (3-D)
•2 vintage travel stickers (3-D)
•1 mixed bag of 20 chipboard accents
•1 partial sheet of wedding stickers
•1 bag of 25 small red eyelets
•1 bag of 15 blossoms (5 pink, 5 yellow, 5 green) + 15 matching brads
•1 partial sheet of vacation accent stickers (3-D)
•1 partial sheet of graduation stickers (3-D)
•1 almost full sheet of words about travel stickers

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to poodlegirl

but I am nearly three months pregnant and battling morning sickness, so this situation could not be happening at a worst time.

OH! I've been there, love!! Don't worry about things, as we are trying to figure this out!! We can send you a pm when we know any news, okay??
Take 1/2 of UNISOM (it does not make pregnant women sleepy! But takes away the nausia!!) and eat raw poptarts before you get out of bed!! (like the strawberry frosted ones!). Also, sour stuff like lemon drops, wild grape laffy taffy and shock tarts help!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to Pliead1

OH LORD, I could not even begin to list the items I sent,guys!! I didn't know I should take a picture or anything! And I just went through my stuff and loaded a 12x12 priority mail box! I sent tools, tons of stickers, chipboard, paints, stamps, 12x12 paper, die cuts, OMG, SO MUCH STUFF. It was well worth $200 and cost $10 to mail (and I sent $10 and other stamps to cover postage). Fibers & ribbons, too. Books and mags I think too...........Frick.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

Here's a list of the things I REMEMBER sending. I am probably forgetting a couple of things.
25 sheets 12x12 pp
2 full sheets CM small alphabet stickers
1 complete CM baby girl Snap Pack
25 (approx) baby-themed die cuts
1 pk new glittery "princess" themed rub-ons
6 flower embellies
1 bag mixed brads (approx 10 pieces I think)
And a few other things I can't recall at the moment.

Lesson learned: the next time I get into a swap (if I ever do) I will make a list/take a pic of the things I send in!

Page 5 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics