Username Post: Flowers!!???        (Topic#1483233)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-16-08 01:05 PM

Where do all of you that have those awesome flowers on your pages get them!! All I can find where I am on little crappy packs with all teh same color and size!! I swear I live in the armpit of Scrappland!!

MYIA
MYIA 
Diva
MYIA
  • MYIA on 10-16-08 01:11 PM
In response to KimKV

I mostly get mine from my lss and michaels and I use lots of flowers! also here!

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to KimKV

LOL!!! The armpit of scrapland?!! LOL!!!

I'm pm'ing you.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to MYIA

pming you

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to All4mygrl

I am always buying them at Michael's with my 50 % off Coupons .

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Renee77

I have gotten them at Ms or archivers. Haven't yet found a great place to get them. evilbay has some good ones.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to KimKV

I've often wondered the same thing! Would you mind passing along the pm's you collect? LOL

Tracy

kated
kated 
Tenant
kated
  • kated on 10-16-08 04:18 PM
In response to Dancing Queen

I would love to know the same thing! I see all of these big multi-colored flowers and am dying to know where to get some!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to kated

Michaels, HL, Walmart, LSS's, online, lots of places.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to lilmrmaid

I have gotten some of mine as below.
Products Referenced in This Post:

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to DawnInAZ

I go to JoAnn's when their silk flowers are 50% off. I like to buy the hydrangea type because they are super easy to pop off the stems and they already have a hole for a brad. I got enough flowers to fill 5 jelly jars for $9.

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to La8ebug

Also the little jar of bazzil bitsy blossoms has many colors and goes a long ways. I use these on many pages and I don't think i'll ever run out.

Edited by La8ebug on 10-16-08 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbookingforothers
Pro
scrapbookingforothers
In response to KimKV

I made a layout today and just used red silk flowers from my craft box where I made a wreath last year. I popped them off the plastic stem and used buttons for centers. I also layered two different flowers. I checked them with an American Crafts pH pen and these are acid free according to the pen.

Happy Holidays 2008
By Scrapbookingforothers

scrapadoodle24
Pro
scrapadoodle24
In response to scrapbookingforothers

I buy mine at Wal-mart in the fabric dept. they usually have them there in a bag for about 1-2 dollars most of them are already off the stem and are just bunched up in a plastic bag. the last bag I bought gave me Red, blue, pink, yellow, white, purple flowers all sizes. it was enough to fill up 6 quart size baggies Wal-mart is Awesome!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrapadoodle24

Have a look at blackberrypaper.com, mostly under Prima but also some other brands...they have the most awesome flowers, gorgeous really glossy ones, best range I've seen anywhere, I order them online because I'm in a remote area of Australia and can ony get really basic flowers...give it a try sure you'll love them

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to slywalker

I got a lot of my Primas from a now out-of-business site that used to sell a monthly kit with an awesome mix of flowers of all different types/sizes that coordinated. Unfortunately, she's no longer around.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-17-08 05:43 PM
In response to scrappyJedi

WOW!!! Talk about a wealth of information!!

Thank you all!!!

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to KimKV

I buy large bouquets of daisy-type flowers from any craft or fabric store, dollar store, Wally world...etc. Normally they have several layers and I just pull them off the stems and separate the layers. They are so inexpensive and if you layer different colors/sizes the results are amazing! (AND fairly inexpensive).

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to KimKV

i really like the prima ones, and heidi swap if i need the bigger ones. i used to buy them on evilbay, but my micheal's started carrying them this summer so i buy them there most of the time now.

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I buy the fake flowers when they are on sale. I look to see if they are easy to pull apart and how real they look. If you can get them on sale you get way more flowers for your money. I actually find it very hard to work with the paper flowers...I really like the fabric flowers!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to jenyjen3

Oriental Trading has all kinds of flower packs available.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to jenyjen3

I almost always use my Coupons to HL and Michael's to get flowers. I love Primas, and love that Michael's carries them! They are by far my favorite flowers to use

hannahelizabeth1008
Tenant
hannahelizabeth1008
In response to mariposa326

anyone know any english stores that are good for flowers??

what are these Coupons everyone talks about by the way??

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to hannahelizabeth1008

• hannahelizabeth1008 Said:
anyone know any english stores that are good for flowers??

what are these Coupons everyone talks about by the way??

Here in the states, we get Coupons for either 40 or 50% items at Hobby Lobby and Michael's, as well as Coupons to JoAnn Fabrics and other stores

hannahelizabeth1008
Tenant
hannahelizabeth1008
In response to mariposa326

no fair
i want Coupons !!

to where.. i do not know

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to hannahelizabeth1008

I bought paper flowers yesterday from HL. Spare parts by Paper Studio had them 30 %. Packages of 36 flowers in each; in various shades and sizes. Blues, yellows, pinks and purples. I also make my own, with Mulberry DS CS in my silhouette.

tuckerlisa
Guru
tuckerlisa
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
I swear I live in the armpit of Scrappland!!

Funny...I make a lot of mine using dies and coordinating paper.

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to tuckerlisa

I buy alot of mine at the dollar store. I buy alot of white ones and dye them the colors I need. I also make some out of paper and punches.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to scrappinraiderfan

I need to check out that bag of flowers at walmart....

taj
taj 
Diva
taj
  • taj on 11-29-08 09:34 PM
In response to KimKV

Hello flower seeker. I like to think i have a great selection of flowers. Since I am obsessed with them I get mine from a store called hobby lobby, micheals of course, and Target. There aren't anymore scrapbook store s where I live so I do most of my shopping online. Of course scrapbook.com has a great selection. Hobby Lobby has an online store called crafts etc check them out and see what goodies you can find there. They tend to have the same products. Let me know what you find. Happy flower shopping

LindaScraps2
Idol
LindaScraps2
In response to jenyjen3

love those Bazzill flowers...what is the arm pit of scrapland kim????

All my flowers well 90 percent of them have come from I Remember When.com..you go on that site and find a consultant who would love to take care of you...in New Hampshire...

linda

Lue_BR
Lue_BR 
Expert
Lue_BR
In response to jenyjen3

I buy the fake flowers on sale too,and just pull them apart at home. i really like the ones at hobby lobby. I also paint them, doddle, stamp on them,...

Edited by Lue_BR on 11-30-08 08:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics