Page 1 of 51 
Username Post: ***Paper Therapy COF/ Critique Group***        (Topic#1483707)
wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi everyone! I'm Wendy, and I LOVE to make cards! It is true stress relief for me and that is why I chose the name "Paper Therapy" for this group.

My main goal for this Critique Group is to share our card making projects, enjoy each others company and have monthly swaps and weekly challenges. Joining the swaps and challenges is completely voluntary, and in no way should deter you from joining the chatty part of this thread. I want the members of the group to play an active roll in choosing what our swaps and challenges will be. I want everyone who joins just plain enjoy the time here!

Members...
Wendyjo~Wendy
LilSweetPea~Kristen
mom2twinsplus1~Jamie
momof2lilboys~Tammy
Rusha~Jerusha
otomom~Michelle
navseawife~Vickie
foltzy~Liz
tynmicsmom~Bonnie
lisa's little creations~Lisa
julesj~jules
vintagegypsy~KellyAnne
pjangel~Pam

CURRENT SWAPS
ONGOING RANDOM CARD SWAP

**OUR FIRST DESIGN TEAM MEMBER CHALLENGE WILL BE FROM JAMIE HORTON (mom2twinsplus1)** She will be posting her challenges starting this Monday.

Inactive Member List:
scrapaddict1424~Tracey
Allisonaussie~Allison
once~Nicole
ladeedaa~Lesley
Scrappy Grandma~Joan
scrappingaddict~Ann M.

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to wendyjo

This sounds right up my alley! ~:0)

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to LilSweetpea

YAH!!! Welcome Kristin! Please add us to your favorite topics!!!!

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to wendyjo

Just did! *Big Smile*

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow

Thanks for the invite Wendy but I am working alot of hours and I am already committed to the mama's Have a great day!!
Hugs
Robyn

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to coffeenow

No worries Robyn!!!!!

mom2twinsplus1
Guru
mom2twinsplus1
In response to wendyjo

alright why not ,i am in,
jamie

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to mom2twinsplus1

Yah Jamie!!! Welcome!!!

Shelley L.
Tenant
Shelley L.
In response to wendyjo

I finally mastered posting pics of my cards in my gallery and am not very familiar with the other technical aspects of this site/forum/group and how it all works. However, I think I'm ready to go to the next level so count me in!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Shelley L.

Hi Shelley!!! Welcome!! Cute puppy!!!!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Hi!!!! Great gallery Shelley!!!

Jamie...off to yours!!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

Hi!
I am totally new to making cards and would love to be part of the group.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to momof2lilboys

Welcome Tammy!!!

Kristen...AWESOME gallery!! I love all the Stampin' Up used!!!!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

Wendy, your new cards are awesome!! I just had to come over and tell you. I just love the acordian type one. I did a few last weekend that are in my gallery, they are the first for me. I can tell I am gonna learn alot from the group.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Thank you Tammy! I checked out your cards and they are awesome!!!! If you want I will send you a super link that anyone can follow to do this card. Maybe that could be one of our first challeges!!!!

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom
In response to wendyjo

Wendy love the cards would love to know how to make the accodian card too

Bonnie

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to tynmicsmom

Hi there Bonnie! How have you been?

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to wendyjo

Thanks Wendy on all of your sweet comments and for visiting my gallery. I am going to check out yours now! Off I go ...

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-23-08 06:10 PM

I am all about making cards! Count me in!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Rusha

You are welcome Kristen! Awesome stuff!

Welcome Rusha!!! Good to see you!

I hope that all of you add this thread to your Favorites and check in often. I am addicted to sb.com , so I am here most days. My dh travels alot, so I have quite a bit of time.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Hi gals...here is the birthday card that I made for dh...Obviously he is an avid hunter!!!

Elk Birthday
By Wendyjo

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424
In response to wendyjo

me me me! i'm here!!! looking forward to something new!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to scrapaddict1424

Yah!!! Tracey!! Welcome!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Thank you Tammy! I checked out your cards and they are awesome!!!! If you want I will send you a super link that anyone can follow to do this card. Maybe that could be one of our first challeges!!!!

That would be great!! It's supposed to be nasty here tomorrow so I am going to try to make some cards tomorrow afternoon.

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-24-08 03:09 AM

I made a whole slew of cards for a class that I am teaching at work last night, they are in my gallery. Feel free to take a peek! They are made using Wassail papers and embellishments.

flutterbyes
Diva
flutterbyes
In response to wendyjo

I've never done this before but I am very interested in this for sure!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to flutterbyes

Welcome flutterbyes! I have added you to the first page!

I am checking in real quick from work. I will post a challenge tonight when I get home!!!

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to wendyjo

Hey ladies~

We just got in from some Halloween fun and thought I'd check the boards. How's everyone's weekend so far? What are your plans? We are going to a Boo Fest tomorrow night and a hayride during the day. Should be lots of fun. Hope you all have a great weekend!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi Kristin....that sounds like alot of fun.

I have to work all weekend and will only get to play in the evenings!

I have been reading all over about gals taking their kids to Pumpkin Patches and hay rides and the strangest thing is that they don't have any of that stuff here. They sell pumpkins at Walmart. They really should have a patch so I can get great pics of my kids there.

Something somewhat cool. I just got an email from the Chamber of Commerce, stating that the National Christmas Tree was selected in the Bitterroot National Forest (which is where I live), so they are having a ceremony on November 4th here and they are asking locals and local businesses to make ornaments to decorate the tree. Cool huh!! I will take the kids to that and hopefully get some great photo's then!!!

When I get home tonight, I will post the challenge!

Does anyone have any ideas about a swap????

mom2twinsplus1
Guru
mom2twinsplus1
In response to wendyjo

wendy, hope you have a good weekend even though you are working..thats neat that the christmas tree was selected in your area..! pic time for sure...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-24-08 05:56 PM

Hi everyone! Would love to join here and get to know some people! I love making cards!! I have a part time job and also has scrapbook business pretty busy schedule but would love to commit to this club!!

Nicole

Otomon
Otomon 
Guru
Otomon
In response to Once

I would love to join! I have done any sort of swap and I'd love to!

Michelle
(otomon)

http://www.michelletreiber.blogspot.com

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-24-08 06:45 PM
In response to Otomon

Hmm...what about a card kit swap? Like each person could be assigned a partner and could create a kit to send to them. Then everyone would make a card from the kit. Just an idea. Maybe not a good one. LOL!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Hi Wendy you can soo count me in!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Rusha

Welcome Nicole & Michelle!! I will add you to the first post!

Rusha...I think that is a super idea for a swap. I have never done a swap like that before.
Let's go with "Rusha's, Build a Card Kit Swap". Let's make it a go starting Monday, to see if any others want to join and start with us. Is it OK to have one rule? That the kit you make for your partner has to be from your current stash. That way no one has to spend money to make a kit, just postage to their partner!

OK...I am going to post this weeks challenge on the first post OK? When you get your challenge completed, PLEASE post your project here for all to rave about in your comments section. This is completely up to you all, but we could have a vote at the end of the week for a small prize. Let me know if this is something that you all want to do.

This is your group also, please make suggestions and get involved as much as you can. If you can't get to something one week or month, just say so, we still want you to check in with us and let us know how you are doing.

Let me know what you all think of the challenge and the swap...

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Great ideas!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to navseawife

Yah!! Vickie!!! I was worried that you weren't going to make it!

OK...first page is updated!!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Oh wow that first challenge will defintely be a challenge for me.. But I am up for it and can't wait to try it..

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

You'll find the video really helpful. You will find out real quick the gal that does the video is a SU demo, but if you follow her instruction on the basics, your card will turn out perfect!!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

thanks for posting the video that will really be a big help!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-24-08 09:55 PM
In response to wendyjo

Wow, I love the swap idea and the challenge as well! I just saw that waterfall card on one of the CTMH consultants as well- I think i will have so much fun!!!!!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-25-08 03:02 AM
In response to Once

Wow that challenge is challenging. I will have a try tonight - hopefully I can do it!

I am in for the swap - will PM my address to you!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to Rusha

Wendy do you need my address or do you still have it let me know.. Good Morning everyone

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good morning! I have your address Vickie, thank you!

Nicole...brought a good point to me, I am going to post time restraints on the challenges and the swaps.

If this sounds good for you all...how about a new challenge every Friday, so your previous weeks challenge (if you can get to it) is posted by then, and as for this swap, if everyone wants to join, they need to let us know by Monday, I will post the partners and then everyone has until the following Monday to put their kits together and get mailed out. Am I giving everyone enough time? Once the kits are received, another week to make your card and post it? Is that not enough time??? Your thoughts?

mom2twinsplus1
Guru
mom2twinsplus1
In response to wendyjo

okay so i guess what is the card kit swap..
do we make a set of cards or just put get everything together and then send it to the person to put together? sorry i maybe making this too hard ..silly me

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi Jamie...You make the kit and send it to your partner and they put the cards together.

I may not have explained it very well. Sorry!

JCI from work. I'll be back later. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

How many "cards" are they suppose to be able to make?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

I think just one would be enough.

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-25-08 10:18 AM

I was thinking just one. A few embellishments, some cardstock and paper - that kind of thing.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-25-08 10:57 AM
In response to Rusha

Awesome! I was wondering about the kit as well. Thanks for the clarification! Im out of town for the weekend but will keep myself posted through my phone! Hope everyone has good weekend!!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to Once

Ok thanks for the info.. I think one is great!

Otomon
Otomon 
Guru
Otomon

I'm so excited to do the kit swap!! The waterfall card is super cute but I hope it's not as complicated as it looks at first glance. Has anyone here ever made one of those?

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to Otomon

I haven't but I am so willing to give it a try

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Michelle, I tried on earlier this week and they are not even as hard as they look. They are so fun!

Nicole...Have a great weekend! Nothing better that weekend get-a-ways!!!

Hi Vickie!! How are you doing? How long will hubbie be gone this time? I have been thinking of you alot about husbands being gone. My husband started working late in September about 500 miles away and he has been back, but he really won't get to spend and lengthy amount of time at home until December. I know your dh goes alot longer than that at times.

How is everyone else??

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-25-08 07:19 PM
In response to wendyjo

I am exhausted. The kiddos did not want to sleep tonight, so they cried off and on til about 10 p.m. Phew! The baby is still restless...

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Rusha

Signing off for tonight! Rusha...I hope you get some sleep soon!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Rusha I hope you got some good sleep.

Wendy he will be gone until around Christmas this time around. So Hailey and I will have lots of girl time as she says. HA!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Vickie...Christmas???? Oh my goodness. I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself about my dh being gone. You can come to my house for Thanksgiving. Do you have your or his family close to you?

Don't forget to PM me your address for the Card kit swap. If you all don't mind...I love to send birthday cards, so please include your birthday.

So far only 5 gals have signed up, including myself. Hopefully we get a few more.

BBL!!!

Edited by wendyjo on 10-26-08 05:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Wendy you are so silly. We sometimes go and see family for the holidays but with work and school this year we will stay home. Really after doing it for so long you get use to them being gone. I get to catch up on card making and scrapbooking so look there is a bright side!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

That is how I feel about dh being gone also. This is a busy time of year for me, getting all the cards and projects done that I want to get done before Christmas, so that is what takes up my time while he is away.

Michelle...you asked if anyone has done one of the Waterfall cards before. I made one last week and they are far more intimidating looking than they really are.

Here is a pic...there are more views in my gallery...

Cheers Waterfall Card...#1
By Wendyjo

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Oh Wendy that is really beautiful!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

Okay! Now I am somewhat happy with my card, but I keep telling myself that this is my first attempt at a different type of card. I made some adjustments to my card. Insted of stamping I used felt flowers and buttons instead of eyelets. I don't have very many stamps yet.
Thanks for looking.

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/card/17 87733.html][/url] Waterfall Card By Momof2lilboys

Edited by momof2lilboys on 10-26-08 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
That is how I feel about dh being gone also. This is a busy time of year for me, getting all the cards and projects done that I want to get done before Christmas, so that is what takes up my time while he is away.

Michelle...you asked if anyone has done one of the Waterfall cards before. I made one last week and they are far more intimidating looking than they really are.

Here is a pic...there are more views in my gallery...

Cheers Waterfall Card...#1
By Wendyjo

Beautiful card Wendy!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

I'm somewhat clear on the kit, but I have a question. We put cardstock, emblishments, etc for one card right? I mean what would fit in a small manilla envelope?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good morning Tammy!

Great card!!! Not so hard huh!! I love the flowers! That is a great idea. Do the falling pieces lie flat?

As for the swap, yes, enough embellishments and paper for one card and a small manila envelope would be more that big enough.

Don't forget to PM me your address and birthday if you want.

See you all later!!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

My falling pieces lay flat in spots, I think I didn't get it folded very well. Plus when I put in the brad on the first flower that makes the first part of the waterfall stick out.

I think I will try the swap too. I will pm you my address shortly.

Thanks

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

The card is awesome Tammy!!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Tammy your card is so awesome.. I liked that you didn't stamp and tried something different. Love it

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

Vickie,

Thanks so much, I was gonna use my silhouette with it but I'm a newbie with it so I wasn't sure how to shrink things and print them.
I see on your profile that you are from Virginia Beach, Me too!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

Hi Everyone,

I just made another card. I had seen this technique in a magazine where you cut strips and curl them. I had some beach stuff,(I always have a big supply of beach stuff!) and decided to make the ocean and beach scene. It's hard to see but I also did the sun the sameway.
TFL

PS: Hope you all are having a great Sunday!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Ohhhh...Tammy you have a Silhouette! Have you seen the new Holiday bundle from QuicKutz ????

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-26-08 11:47 AM
In response to wendyjo

JCI - haven't done the waterfall card yet. I will try to get it done tonight, if not then soon.

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to Rusha

Hi everybody! Wow I'm gone 1 day and this thread has taken off. Welcome to all of our newest members. This weekend has been very busy with activities so I haven't been able to get here until now. I am definitely in for the swap. Rusha that was such a fab idea! Wendy I will pm you my addy now. As far as the challenge we'll see what time allows me this week. Great waterfall cards Wendy & Tammy. I just love them both.

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife

Tammy I didn't notice that you were in VA Beach! That is awesome its nice to have someone close by

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Ohhhh...Tammy you have a Silhouette! Have you seen the new Holiday bundle from QuicKutz ????

I have seen the Thanksgiving things but not the Christmas stuff yet. I just love it, I can't keep a quickuts card long enough to get all the things I want!! LOL

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424

Tammy and Vickie...well..vickie, u already know i am in the area...but tammy...I am in chesapeake!! Y'all should come take my class next weekend at All About Scrapbooks!!! LOL....I am supposed to teach a chipboard class next saturday, but noone signed up...boo-hoo...so i suppose it will be cancelled....oh well!

anyways....boy has this grop taken off!
I would like to sign up for the card kit swap...is it specified how much stuff needs to go into it?? I have an extra kit already made from another swap i was in...how bout that! I just need to make suere there is enough stuff in it! Wendy..you already have my address!

the waterfall card...well...i have made these before, but i think i will make another one now!! they are alot easier than they look to make, and really super cool!

i'm off to make dinner.....later ladies!

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

• scrapaddict1424 Said:
Tammy and Vickie...well..vickie, u already know i am in the area...but tammy...I am in chesapeake!! Y'all should come take my class next weekend at All About Scrapbooks!!! LOL....I am supposed to teach a chipboard class next saturday, but noone signed up...boo-hoo...so i suppose it will be cancelled....oh well!

anyways....boy has this grop taken off!
I would like to sign up for the card kit swap...is it specified how much stuff needs to go into it?? I have an extra kit already made from another swap i was in...how bout that! I just need to make suere there is enough stuff in it! Wendy..you already have my address!

the waterfall card...well...i have made these before, but i think i will make another one now!! they are alot easier than they look to make, and really super cool!

i'm off to make dinner.....later ladies!

Your class sounds great! Have to check dh's schedule though. That is usually fishing day. LOL

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-26-08 02:16 PM

Alright, I have been gone only a day and ge'ez! All this posts are so hard to catch up! Wonderful cards, tammy and wendy! I'm at 49ers game right now and hope they can play better for the rest of the season- can't wait for the swap!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to Once

Tracey it is so good to have you here. I so wish I could take your chipboard class I haven't really used to much chipboard but its only because I don't really know what to do with it..

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424

tammy....let me know if u can make it!! like i said...right now noone is signed up!!! they may cancel me!!!
vickie....i wish u could come....i love chipboard...i am teaching like 3 techniques with it...grrr!!!

so excited about this thread....it is great to have people to talk to when i am bored!! like now!!! i'm making 3X3 xmas cards fora swap....then i will make another waterfall card...yay!
hope everyone is having a great night!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Awww...Tracey....I would totally come if I was closer. I think we are pretty much all the way across the US from each other!

I think it is so neat that you all are so close. I would love to have someone closer!!!

Thank you all for checking in so often! This will be a fun thead!!! Tomorrow I will pick partners for the swap and get the addresses out to everyone.

I can't wait to see more Waterfall Cards!! The one I posted was for an example, but I am going to make another for the challenge. I may get crazy with some Stickles.

I wanted to run this by you all, but I would love to do some Christmas swapping. Let me know if you all have made to many commitments already and we can bypass December or post the Christmas swap early so everyone has a chance to get their projects done. Let me know!!!

Have a good night all! I am making some cards for a swap that I am going to on Wednesday. Can't wait to share!!!!

mom2twinsplus1
Guru
mom2twinsplus1

• scrapaddict1424 Said:
tammy....let me know if u can make it!! like i said...right now noone is signed up!!! they may cancel me!!!
vickie....i wish u could come....i love chipboard...i am teaching like 3 techniques with it...grrr!!!

so excited about this thread....it is great to have people to talk to when i am bored!! like now!!! i'm making 3X3 xmas cards fora swap....then i will make another waterfall card...yay!
hope everyone is having a great night!

is there any you can demonstrate or tell us about on here, i haven't done anything yet with what i bought, so any ideas would be helpful..thanks

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Jamie...check our Tracey's gallery! Her layouts are awesome!! She uses chipboard all over them.

Here are the cards I finished tonight while webcamming with my mom...

SU swap
By Wendyjo

Thanks for looking...

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to wendyjo

Wendy I love the cards they are all so pretty.. I would love to do some Christmas swapping and I am pretty much up for anything

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424
In response to wendyjo

awww..thanks wendy!!! if u want, i would be glad to post some techniques....but the basics include, inking on it, covering it with patterned paper ...stickling it! but i have recently discovered new things, like spraying it with glimmer mist....or perfect pearls, and curling it (if it is grungeboard....grungeboard is my new best friend!)....u can stamp on grungeboard and cut it out...the options are endless for what u can do with it!!!
ok...i've said my piece....any other questions feel free to ask...i LOVE chipboard!!!
ok...back to my little elf cards...

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-26-08 06:20 PM
In response to wendyjo

WOw this thread has taken off even just this evening! Lots of posts to catch up on!

I am in for an exchange as long as it is not too costly as I am already in for a few others.

I didn't get to make my waterfall card tonight since I am suffering from a migraine. I think I should just go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow I will be better.

laadeedaa
Tenant
laadeedaa
In response to Rusha

My friend Tracey (snagged me some TartnTangy Stamps from you awhile back) recommended I come take a peek at this group...and I'd LOVE to join!

Lesley

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to laadeedaa

Good Morning everyone

Welcome Lesley

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-27-08 03:47 AM

Welcome Lesley!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Rusha

Welcome Lesley! Don't you love that Tart & Tangy Set!!! You will recognize my Waterfall card then.
Will you be joining us in the swap. It is explained on the first post. I think we need one more to make it an even number. If not, also not a problem!

JCI from work. BBL!!

I hope you all have a super day!!! Today is my Friday!!

Anyone up for a webcam crop this week???

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to wendyjo

Looks like fun Wendy. I'd love to join.

I have a template for my craft robo for the waterfall card hope my new blade gets here soon so I can cut it out and have some fun with you guys.

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to foltzy

Welcome Lesley & Liz. Wendy those cards are just precious!

Okay I need some help with the card kit swap. I have never done this before. I understand that I'll need to pre cut and add everything needed to make the card. But how do you explain how to put it together? Do you just include a finished card of the one they are to make and write a little note in it?

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-27-08 10:23 AM

OKay I braved it and tried the waterfall card. I totally loved it! I didn't end up using stamps because most of the stamps that I had were far too big for the small spaces alloted but I think it turned out okay!

Waterfall Card
By Rusha

Waterfall Card Opening
By Rusha

Waterfal Card Open
By Rusha

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424
In response to Rusha

cute rusha!!!
and i was hoping maybe u could clarify th card kit thing....alot of people have asked questions...and i want to make sure i do it right!!! now...in a swap i just did, we included a blank card and envelope, 2 sheets of patterned paper cut to 4.25 X 5.5, 1 sheet of cardstock cut the same, 1 ft of ribbon, 3-5 other embellishments, and 1 stamped image/sentiment. Is this kind of what we are doing?? sending stuff in like this?? Maybe a list of 'ingredients' to include would be helpful! oh..and then how fun will it be to make adn post our cards when we are done!! i'm looking forward to this!!!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-27-08 11:04 AM

Sure, I guess I could clarify but we'll have to check with Wendy since she's in charge!

I made a kit up already that I may or may not use, depending on what Wendy wants to do. But I included an envelope, a piece of cardstock, 2 strips of flocked paper, a few pieces of grungeboard, a stacked flower and some ribbon. I figured that way the recipient could pick and choose what to use on their card. I figure you can include whatever you like whether it be embellishments, stamped images, etc. as long as you include the cardstock and the envelope. Then you just leave it up to them to do whatever they want with it and you enjoy the surprise and pleasure of seeing what they have made with the kit you put together.

How does that sound Wendy?

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to Rusha

Oh that makes sense! *giggle* How fun.

Rusha, you did such a great job on your waterfall card. I left ya some love.

tynmicsmom
Expert
tynmicsmom

Hi everyone, holy cow did this group take off. I am not able to join the swap at this time. I will try the technique if I have time,The cards look wonderful. We arent required right to do the swaps and such, just when we can? I just want to make sure other wise I will just step back

hugs,
Bonnie

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to tynmicsmom

Bonnie...only do what you have time for. No worries!!!

Welcome Liz...glad to see you made it!!!!

I have to update the first post with all the new members.

Lesley and Liz...are you in the swap??

Do you all mind if we wait a bit to find out who our parnters are until we here from these gals???

About the contents of the swap...Rusha, this is your swap, you make the rules!! I 'm all for it!! I think it will be fun to get whatever and see what we come up with, everyone has to post the card they come up with from the kit.

Otomon
Otomon 
Guru
Otomon

OMG! I had to read a lot to catch up with you chatty chicks! First, I will admit that I didn't know what a Sillouette was, so I looked it up and afraid there's now another toy that I will want!

Tammy - your waterfall card is so pretty! I looove bright colors as you will all soon learn.

Wendy - your waterfall card is super fun and made me want a drink!!

I'm sure there's more that I wanted to comment on but i forget. I'll check back in later...I'm going to try my first waterfall card!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 10-27-08 03:26 PM
In response to Otomon

I am looking forward to seeing more waterfall cards! I must admit, I want to make another now! Great card idea Wendy!

About the swap, here are the rules, in case anyone is looking for them.

1. You must include an envelope with your kit.
2. You must include a precut piece of cardstock in your kit.
3. The rest of the kit is up to you - make sure you include what you would use on a card!
4. Have fun!!

Page 1 of 51 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics