Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Slice from Making Memories        (Topic#1484513)
StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia

I´ve just heard of this new little portable cutter machine "Slice" have you tried it yet? And what did you think about it?

Is it worth the money.... and so on...
Tell me all you know!
Products Referenced in This Post:

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to StrawberryPia

I don't know, but I really like the look of it in the product video in the videos tab above - looks great!

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to SuperAllyFan

I don't have any advice, but I really like how it looks. I have a Cricut and a Cuttlebug so I'm debating on putting it on my Christmas list. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to skarletbegonias

I am a Slice lover, but I have to wait until Christmas to get one. I love the designs. I love that the design cards are only $35, not $75-$100 like Cricut cartridges. I loved the idea of machines that you use with your computer instead of with cartridges, but then I decided I am way too lazy to design every shape! If I had the funds though, I'd definitely buy a Wishblade or Silhouette before anything else.

I also love how compact it is. I am interested in the blade: right now it cuts only thin materials but I think with time, deeper, sharper blades will be developed so that it can cut felt and chipboard. It cuts between 1" and 4", which is more than enough for me (I am easy to please-- of course I'd like to make my own 12x12 die cut papers, but I am not paying $400 and $70 per cartridge for an Expression).

I like that the Slice can cut on even a sliver of paper, and that it's easy to cut photos or perfectly place a die cut on a certain part of patterned paper . And did I mention I like the price? $150 for the machine is steep, but I think sales will payoff. Cartridges are $35-$40, but again, I think that sales will come in handy. Because the Slice is not as pricey as the Cricut, I don't expect coupon exemptions.

LaRu 
New Kid On the Block
  • LaRu on 10-29-08 03:39 PM
In response to annoniemous

Oh the Slice is fun! I have the Cricut Expression (courtesy of a hubby who likes toys AND will occasionally scrapbook with me) and Sunday night we went over to my fave s'book store where he saw the Slice (which I had already told myself "no" on) but like I said, he likes toys, so he bought it for me.

It's downfall is that it can only cut little things but not as little as the Exp. can.

The big bonus for it is that I can cut very precisely in the middle of a page and cut on smaller pages than the Exp. YEA! Use up all those scraps from that are left behind by the Exp.

Still figuring it all out, but so very light, easy to use, compact, and best of all - CORDLESS. The lower cost is definitely nice and I like the glass cutting boards.

I'm using it mostly with the Exp. as a supplement right now in my cardmaking frenzy. It is helping cut down the time for some of the making as I can use it while the Exp does it's thang.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee

• saquartey Said:
I am a Slice lover, but I have to wait until Christmas to get one. I love the designs. I love that the design cards are only $35, not $75-$100 like Cricut cartridges. I loved the idea of machines that you use with your computer instead of with cartridges, but then I decided I am way too lazy to design every shape! If I had the funds though, I'd definitely buy a Wishblade or Silhouette before anything else.

I also love how compact it is. I am interested in the blade: right now it cuts only thin materials but I think with time, deeper, sharper blades will be developed so that it can cut felt and chipboard. It cuts between 1" and 4", which is more than enough for me (I am easy to please-- of course I'd like to make my own 12x12 die cut papers, but I am not paying $400 and $70 per cartridge for an Expression).

I like that the Slice can cut on even a sliver of paper, and that it's easy to cut photos or perfectly place a die cut on a certain part of patterned paper . And did I mention I like the price? $150 for the machine is steep, but I think sales will payoff. Cartridges are $35-$40, but again, I think that sales will come in handy. Because the Slice is not as pricey as the Cricut, I don't expect coupon exemptions.

I can't bear to do it (buy one of the expensive ones)either honey!

Edited by JoJorenee on 10-29-08 05:41 PM. Reason for edit: better explaination of what I meant

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to JoJorenee

So far I have only good things about it. I have heard people have already found it on sale. Does anyone know if it is selling at Joann's, A.C. Moore, or Michael's?

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 10-31-08 06:19 PM

you can use the archievers 30% off on the chips but not on the machine...prob wont last long either..ive been thinking of getting this myself until my sister starting asking if i have a retirement fund lol...she has a point...but i wont ponder it for long see how it goes maybe after Christmas

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to hdsue

The product demo videos are looking very good. It is portable, and can cut anywhere on the paper. And I love the MM noteworthy line. The fact that it only cuts up to 4 inches is not really an issue for me because that's usually how much journaling space I have left on my LO...

I am hoping to go to one of the LSS and watch a demo IRL.

I would love to hear from any of the Slice owners too.....

Ms.CRKS
Diva
Ms.CRKS
In response to jellyziva

I just tried mine out tonight and I *LOVE* it! Super easy to use and it didnt take that long to cut.

I did ruin the mat though because I didnt re-read the directions before I started. I had read them earlier in the night but when I sat down to use it, DH was more excited than me...LOL So I rushed and got my sheet of paper stuck to the mat.

Seriously stuck. You're supposed to let the repositionable glue dry for 2 minutes before putting the paper down and I put the paper on right away. By the time it got done cutting my image, the paper was not coming up. DH said hes going to take a razor blade to it but I have a feeling I'm gonna need to replace it. I'm waiting for the 12x12 mat to come out anyway...now I'll have an excuse to buy it.

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to Ms.CRKS

Thanks for all the info!! I haven´t seen it here in Sweden yet, my lss will order it and I wanted to be a bit prepared (I´m their DT) and maybe have som advise before we get it over here!

If anyone has anything more to add please do so!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 11-07-08 06:29 AM

I don't own a slice but I work at a LSS that has one. We just got it in 2 weeks ago. So I have used it a few times, and here are my pros and cons.

PROS
- It is portable and lightweight
- Easy to use
- Digital makes it easy to select things and see what you are choosing.
- You never have to replace the cutting mat
- The cutting mat is available in two sizes.
- No cutting to fit the mat required
- You do not have to use the adhesive spray all of the time
- In the future you will be able to create your own designs for this product

CONS
- Only cuts up to 4 inches
- Not really made for thicker cardstock
- The blades can easily bend if you are not careful
- You have to hold it firmly in place just right or it will not cut properly
- It cuts very slowly, especially the larger sizes
- The inital cost is quite high.

Hope that helps a little bit!

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to Rusha

That helps me! I think I'm going to wait on it for a little while. TFS!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to Rusha

• Rusha Said:
I don't own a slice but I work at a LSS that has one. We just got it in 2 weeks ago. So I have used it a few times, and here are my pros and cons.

PROS
- It is portable and lightweight
- Easy to use
- Digital makes it easy to select things and see what you are choosing.
- You never have to replace the cutting mat
- The cutting mat is available in two sizes.
- No cutting to fit the mat required
- You do not have to use the adhesive spray all of the time
- In the future you will be able to create your own designs for this product

CONS
- Only cuts up to 4 inches
- Not really made for thicker cardstock
- The blades can easily bend if you are not careful
- You have to hold it firmly in place just right or it will not cut properly
- It cuts very slowly, especially the larger sizes
- The inital cost is quite high.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Thank you! This will be very helpful!

scrapin_nurse
Veteran
scrapin_nurse

I bought a slice about 2 weeks ago and so far I love it. I already bought another card to go with it- the basics 2 and their are sooo many cute designs.
The price is a little out there but I was wanting a nice die cut machine that gave me a lot of options and wasn't as expensive as the cricut- and this seems to be the winner. and when I bought it there was a rebate form you could send in to get a free slice design card. so see if your local store is doing that as well.

Some of the cons is that at the smallest setting- not all letters and shapes seem to be cut well. especially the little holes at the end of tags and such. Also, learning to adjust the blade can be a pain. The first night i had mine it stopped cutting after about 45 minutes. at first i thought the blade had already become dull, but changing that didn't help, finally after a while I figured out how to change to blade pressure and it cuts fine again.

however I recommend it!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrapin_nurse

This thing is adorable.

If adjusting the blade isn't doing it, for thicker stuff, send it for a 2nd cut. Don't move it, don't breathe on it too hard :biggrin - just push the start button again!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to Megan - ForumTech

ok! I´ll try not to breathe!!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

I am curious if anyone has examples using the Slice? I'd love to see the layouts and cards you've made.

How many days until Christmas? Ho hum.

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great

I ordered the slice off of ebay I paid 120 dollars for it! I havnt gotten it yet but I cant wait for it to get here! I have heard many good things about it, I know right now a.c moore and michaels does not have the slice or any of the products to go with it, I went to hobby lobby this past weekend and they were starting to get the products in, and as of right now you can use to 40% off coupon! (which is always a plus) I think they had the 12x12 mat, the carry case, and the spatchula and adhesive

Andrew_P
Tenant
Andrew_P

You can view videos of this product in use by going here: http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapin_nurse
Veteran
scrapin_nurse
In response to Andrew_P

great update - hobby lobby is now carrying the slice line and you can use their 40% off Coupons with it too. (I kind of wish I would have waited to buy mine - OH WELL, I'll just use it for the design cards) Check to see if your hobby lobby is carrying it yet- mine was setting up the display just last monday!!

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great

The ones where I live are setting up the display, but there were no slice machines or cartridges, they had the case for the cartridge cards, the spatchula, and a glass mat

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scrapin_nurse Said:
I bought a slice about 2 weeks ago and so far I love it. I already bought another card to go with it- the basics 2 and their are sooo many cute designs.
The price is a little out there but I was wanting a nice die cut machine that gave me a lot of options and wasn't as expensive as the cricut- and this seems to be the winner. and when I bought it there was a rebate form you could send in to get a free slice design card. so see if your local store is doing that as well.

Some of the cons is that at the smallest setting- not all letters and shapes seem to be cut well. especially the little holes at the end of tags and such. Also, learning to adjust the blade can be a pain. The first night i had mine it stopped cutting after about 45 minutes. at first i thought the blade had already become dull, but changing that didn't help, finally after a while I figured out how to change to blade pressure and it cuts fine again.

however I recommend it!

I agree the smaller cuts are harder to make.. I read it elsewhere that:

1. try cutting smaller shape at the beginning of your cutting session when the adhesive is the tackiest; some suggest using a spray repositionable adhesive which seems to be a little stronger

2. make sure your paper is making good contact with the glass.

3. keep your hands really steady on the machine while cutting

And I agree with Megan, if all else fails, try cutting it a second time.. but make sure your hands and the paper haven't moved!

I've cut both cardstock and pp with not much problem. I do notice my paper or my hand moved a little bit when I'm not paying enough attention.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• saquartey Said:
I am curious if anyone has examples using the Slice? I'd love to see the layouts and cards you've made.

How many days until Christmas? Ho hum.

I've seen a few LOs using the Slice. Just search for the Slice in the Superstore and look for the examples in the bottom...

I have one here:
Laugh

The stars are 1.5 inches and I cut them using the basic 1 card that comes with the Slice.

The 'flower tags' in the bottom are cut with the Noteworthy card. I notice the tags are not that symmetrical. I believe they are either 1.5 inches or 1 inch. I did notice the paper moving while I was cutting.... the center 'flower' is about 2 inches. That cuts a lot better.

The title "laugh" is also cut with the basic card 1.

The 'flourish' under the title is cut with the Basic 3 card. That is a perfect cut.

Yes, I found noteworthy and basic 3 cards on sale (about 30% off) so I ordered them to play with. I'm a very happy person with a bad headache.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh... I forgot to mention... if you get the Slice from a VIP store like sb.com , you will get a FREE exclusive design card later (shipping Feb, I think)?

And there are Coupons here on sb.com too (5% off).

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to jellyziva

I´m seriously thinking of buying one now!

Lovely lo!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

I wish they had pictures of the exclusive design card. I'd love to see it. I imagine I can get the Slice for about $120, but the extra thirty to buy it from here would just be the extra design card (and that's a fine price). But I'm not going to spend the extra $30 if the card sucks. I think it'll be awesome though, I love everything that has come out for the Slice so far. Too bad Basic Shapes 3 has my favorite font, since it's my least favorite...

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great

I got my slice today! I am about to play with it now, I will let ya know how it goes!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Kate the Great

Joanns.com is no longer taking Coupons for the Slice machine... I guess that's understandable, but I'll be mighty angry if you can't use Coupons on the design cards and other products. That's the problem MM was supposed to be trying to prevent.

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby is still taking the Coupons for the Slice?? I wanna go tomorrow and get one if that is the case??

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great
In response to Kimmylois

yes they are! I got my slice basic 3 shapes card there today! I LOVE my slice! I will be posting some stuff I have done with it in the next couple days!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

I cannot wait!!! I want one so bad!!

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great
In response to Kimmylois

I LoVE LOVE LOVE mine, I am so glad that I spent the money on it! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! (and I have had only had it for a day!)

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

• Kate the Great Said:
I LoVE LOVE LOVE mine, I am so glad that I spent the money on it! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! (and I have had only had it for a day!)

Thanks Kate!! Happy Scrappin'!

happygirl08
Pro
happygirl08
In response to Kimmylois

i used my HL coupon today to buy my slice and the fa la la cartridge for a whopping total of $125 with tax!!!! I loveeee it. You are gonna love it too!! Im going back tomorrow for Basic Shapes 3.

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great
In response to happygirl08

I just might have to go back today and get the Fa la la, if not today this week! I cant get over how much I love my slice!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

Bought my slice this morning at HL w/ my coupon!!! I'm so excited to start using it!

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great
In response to Kimmylois

Have Fun!!!

brooklynbrat
Veteran
brooklynbrat

Here I go again! I already have the original cricut and the expression. Of course when Xyron came out with their cutter before the cricut, I had to get that too! So now the original bug and the Xyron are back in their boxes and the only one I'm using is the expression.

I will have to get this too! Unfortunately for me there is no HL here in NY and the closest Michael's and ACM is a $10 bridge fare away! No matter, I am off to research where to find it cheaper. Thank you all for your reviews!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to brooklynbrat

Does it cut felt?

mamapickles
Diva
mamapickles

eeek! I think I am getting one for christmas!!! I am sooo excited! especially after reading all your comments!!!

DrAudra
Expert
DrAudra

I pre-ordered mine off ebay as well...and am still waiting!?!? I'm so excited to get it and start playing. Oh how I hope it comes in time for christmas..That'll give me a few days to really try it out!!!!!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois
In response to newsiegirl9

I've had my slice for a couple months and I absolutely LOVE it!! I used my Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon and got $60 off! Joann online has the design cards for $25. I definitely recommend purchasing this!!

miklin
miklin 
Guru
miklin
In response to Kimmylois

I just ordered mine for $129.99 + FREE shipping! I am waiting till I see the UPS guy w/a package!

Shastess
Expert
Shastess
In response to miklin

I am REALLY thinking about getting one of these with my Christmas money!!!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 12-24-08 05:37 AM
In response to Shastess

My husband and I just opened our gifts to each other since we'll be away all day tomorrow visiting family.

He got me a Slice!! I can't believe it!! I really wanted one! I'm so excited to play with it!

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

sydmom 
Tenant
In response to Andrew_P

We saw a demo of it at Archivers. I think it is great but have already invested in the Revolution. The Hobby Lobby deal with the 40% off coupon is great. Get it before they try to exclude it from Coupons .

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to sydmom

I too received the slice for Christmas. I haven't tried it out yet, but plan to tomorrow.

where can you get more of the repositionable glue? any tips on if there are substitutes out there anywhere?

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to luvscrapin

I got my Slice for Christmas. You can buy the adhesive at Joann's (online) or ACM (brick and mortar). Scrapbook.com sells a lot of Slice products as well. I have heard recommendations that Krylon Repositionable Tack Spray works much better. I plan to get a bottle when I go after-Christmas shopping.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Ms.CRKS

My other hobby is working on my car, so here is a tip that I think will work for you (using a product from that hobby, lol). Get some wd40 and spray it on your mat (you can get it at any auto parts or hardware store). It may take a few coats and some work, but it should take that adhesive and paper off there.

On to my current happiness, I had the Slice on my wishlist, so my mom bought it for me for Christmas, but then the Cricut went on sale for half price and she decided that was a better gift. That is what I opened Christmas morning, and I was excited, but after looking at the price of the cartridges, decided I am too cheap to spend $90 per cartridge, so she said it was fine to exchange it. I did so today, because I had a 50% off coupon for ACMoore. So with the $150 credit, I got the Slice for $75, the storage shelf thing for it, and the Basics 2 card. I am so excited to try it out!

And for anyone with an ACMoore near them, they are still allowing the Coupons on the slice...

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to MelindaK

i got this for christmas and i love it. i olny use it once right now but i love it and say it is good.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to southern lady

I finally got the change to use my slice. The 1st attempt was really, really, bad! I didn't let the "glue" dry enough and my paper completely stuck to it! tried it again and it worked pretty good.

I also saw on a u-tube video that you can use masking tape instead of the adhesive. It worked for some of the letters, but not all. In other words, it cut some letters really clear and some were not cut cleanly.

Melinda- sounds like you got a great deal there!

Kate the Great
Expert
Kate the Great

• luvscrapin Said:
I finally got the change to use my slice. The 1st attempt was really, really, bad! I didn't let the "glue" dry enough and my paper completely stuck to it! tried it again and it worked pretty good.

I also saw on a u-tube video that you can use masking tape instead of the adhesive. It worked for some of the letters, but not all. In other words, it cut some letters really clear and some were not cut cleanly.

Melinda- sounds like you got a great deal there!

Sometimes my blade on my slice will get loose and I have turn it to make it tighter, I would try that if you are still having trouble with it cutting.

I LOVE my slice

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

thanks Kate, I will try that too!

jebred
jebred 
Tenant
jebred

i just bought one yesterday with a 50% off coupon at michaels. saved $75! now trying to find the least expensive place to buy design cards (either online or in store).

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to jebred

The Joann's website keeps them on sale for $28 just about all the time.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-04-09 01:10 PM

Hobby Lobby has the Slice and all Slice accessories on sale this week--30% off. Not to enable anyone or anything.

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois
In response to Ami G

Joanns has 30% off their slice & accessories this week, but just about all the accessories are out of stock. Hobby Lobby also has their slice & accessories 30%. I went there yesterday and most of everything was sold out. I plan to kick another HL. Good luck!!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Kimmylois

Joann's has a hard time keeping the Slice design cards in stock because they are SO popular, but just FYI... they have been 30% off since November.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

cool beans! time to do some shopping at HL or J's!

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

actually, i got the Noteworthy card at AC Moore last Sat for about $20.00. I had a 50% off coupon. (well, actually Hubby bought!) YEA ME!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Our J's doesnt have any slice stuff in, or didnt last time I checked. Going tomorrow to see what I can find since I need to look at fabric too

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Diva Scraps

The J's stores don't carry Slice stuff. You have to use the Joann's website.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

I have also found a repositionable glue stick that works great on the glass to hold paper, so you can cut and easily wipes off with a wet wipe!

this is much cheaper than the "glue" and the glue stick takes no time to dry like the glue!!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

What is the name of the glue?

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to Kimmylois

I'm not sure. I will have to check it and get back to you. My scraproom is in the basement.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

The glue is: Elmer's Washable Repositionable school glue stick and another one is Scotch Restickable glue stick made by 3M. I luv using the Scotch brand adhesive (washes up great too)

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois

• luvscrapin Said:
The glue is: Elmer's Washable Repositionable school glue stick and another one is Scotch Restickable glue stick made by 3M. I luv using the Scotch brand adhesive (washes up great too)

Thanks!!! I'm going to try it!!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 02-01-09 06:25 PM
In response to Kimmylois

I got the Fa La La card for my birthday today! Yay! I can't wait to use it on some Christmas LOs!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois
In response to Ami G

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Kimmylois

Just for the record, some people have already started receiving their exclusive Four Seasons design card. Keep checking out for it if you ordered your Slice from a VIP retailer.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking out for mine for sure. Still waiting on my free carts for the expression as well!

Froggarita
Tenant
Froggarita

I am going to buy one of these from the site i DT for..they look like something i can use quick and easy while i am working and not have to drag out my pazzles or cricut E. Not to mention with all the new cards at $24.99 I can't go wrong! I really want the calendar one!! and studio...oh i just want them all!!! LOL!!

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois
In response to Froggarita

I'm so excited about the new design cards!!!!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Kimmylois

Got my VIP card today!!! The envie was a lil beat up, but the card seems to be okay. I need to test it I guess but I will do that later tonight.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

I hope I get mine soon! I thought maybe people in the midwest were getting theirs first (obviously, since they are closer to the MM warehouse) but if you are in Pittsburgh, I am only a few hours away from that! Maybe I'll get mine by the end of this week.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

It is also effected by when you sent your stuff in. I think you got your Slice before me because you were one of the people I was reading about getting it before purchasing mine. I sent my rebate in fairly soon after getting it also...no more than a week after getting it.

Hope you get yours soon! You're gonna love it!

scrapin_nurse
Veteran
scrapin_nurse

The I love the seasons rebate card, so many cute designs!
Did you all see that Making Memories is coming out with 12 design cards!!! WOW!!!! and one of them is a tagmaker card!!!!! They are also coming out with embossing tips, & a slice recipe box with all sorts of ideas on how to make products with the slice!!!! I am soooooooooo glad I bought one!!

TWINSx2
Expert
TWINSx2
In response to Andrew_P

I want one of these sooo bad ...Heard many good things about it......My birthday is coming up ....Hopefully my hubby will get me one!!!!!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to TWINSx2

Just for the record, A.C. Moore has officially begun excluding Slice products from its Coupons .

mamapickles
Diva
mamapickles

• scrapin_nurse Said:
The I love the seasons rebate card, so many cute designs!
Did you all see that Making Memories is coming out with 12 design cards!!! WOW!!!! and one of them is a tagmaker card!!!!! They are also coming out with embossing tips, & a slice recipe box with all sorts of ideas on how to make products with the slice!!!! I am soooooooooo glad I bought one!!

Can't wait to find out about embossing - very cool!

love all the new design cartridges!

love my vip cartridge too!

love my slice!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to mamapickles

Wooohooo! I got my VIP exclusive card today! It's pretty cool, but of course, scrapbook.com had a sneak peek for us months ago!

vani
vani 
Guru
vani
  • vani on 03-01-09 07:38 PM

I think Hobby Lobby is excluding the Slice from their Coupons too . Bummer .

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to vani

well of course they are excluding them! I can get such a good deal on the cartridges with the Coupons !

still using and luving my slice!

scrapin_nurse
Veteran
scrapin_nurse

anyone interested in doing a slice die cup swap!?
click this link and let me know!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14984...

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

I have to tell you ladies about the good deal that I found at AC Moore. I got the slice fa la la disc for 15.99! yep it was on clearance! I wish a few others were on clearance.

snippetsofme
Veteran
snippetsofme

www.whyslice.com now has a message board

I might have to ck out AC moore THANKS!

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper

I just got a Slice yesterday but paid full price at Michales. Now I see it cheaper at Joann and here so I'm thinking I should return it and buy it somewhere else. I was excited to use it but I broke my own rule which is if it's not on sale DON'T buy it! I always wait for a sale but Michaels is the only place near me that sells it. So now I'm debating. I haven't opened it yet.

bwinkler
Mayor
bwinkler
In response to JenTheMadScrapper

Jenthemadscrapper... don't you get michaels ads that has 40% off Coupons on one item? If you don't, let me know and I will send you the ad. I have one for this week. Take yours back and then buy it with the coupon!

Edited by bwinkler on 04-27-09 03:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper
In response to bwinkler

As far as I know they don't let you use them on the Slice anymore. I had one for 15% off I got in my email the other day and they wouldn't let me use it. It specifically said not on Slice. There wasn't a coupon in my paper this weekend for some reason. Does it say what the exclusions are on the cupon?

bwinkler
Mayor
bwinkler

Okay so I should have checked first. They don't allow you to use it on the slice... bummer! I hate restrictions. Well if I see a coupon that doesn't have the restriction I will keep you in mind.

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper
In response to bwinkler

Well I just took mine back to Michaels and bought from Joanns. I got the machine and a cartridge for less than what I paid for the machine at Michael's. It's also a cheaper price here at Scrapbook dot com. They are the cheapest I have found besides Joanns. But thanks for trying to help me out with the cupons!

Edited by JenTheMadScrapper on 04-27-09 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

Jen I hope you enjoy your slice. I certainly have. I think I have used it more on school projects then anything else! LOL

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper

My Slice arrived today and I have cut a few things out so far. I also got basic shapes 2. I love the designs on that one. It cuts very well! I am trying to fine tune my positioning though so I can cut on photos.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Mine should be arriving today. The house is clean and the evening is free so I hope to get some learning time in. I got the chillin card and Falala.

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper
In response to redheadgirl

I played around with mine last night. I like it! There are some videos here that helped me out. I liked the one that showed you how to make a template and use it to cut on photos. I tried it out and it worked great.

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/309.html

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

omg, I love this thing!! its fun and easy. Can anyone tell me what is on the rebate cartridge? Looks like I can still send off for it, the mailer card was inclosed in my slice.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

i did not find the "rebate card" in my package. It must have missed my box. does anyone know how I could get one? write a letter to the company maybe?

6PackScrapper
Veteran
6PackScrapper

Just look on the right or left side of the slice box- it should be taped onto it! Its kind of hard to see, because it blends with the box. Its just a single piece of printed cardstock paper- like a postcard.

If you didn't get one, just go under the "Superstore" tab, then "Customer Service" and call or email them and they'll be glad to mail you one!

Best,

Chandra

6PackScrapper
Veteran
6PackScrapper

Yes, I ordered by Slice at Christmas and received the 'free' cartidge and I was impressed! There are TONS of options on it! I'd have to look at it again to remember exactly which ones are on it, but I was plesantly surprised!

Best,

Chandra

PS- have you seen the newest cartridges Making Memories just put out?! SOO, cute!

and the "Coming Soon" cards should be on the site soon!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics