Username Post: qotd 11/7        (Topic#1485525)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-07-08 10:52 AM

How much money did you spend on scrapping supplies in October and what did you buy?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 11-07-08 10:57 AM
In response to Huskymom

maybe $20.00

bought some chipboard letters on clearance, I few small things at a rummage sale of a crafter, and I think some Xyron refills.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to j3Mel

I would say between 60 and 70 dollars. I bought stickles, paper packs, embellies, rubber stamps and a few other little odds and ends.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to SQ Mandi

None.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to denitza

ugh... it almost hurts to think about it.. I'de say around $200 though. But part of that was to buy some new storage pieces for my scrap room. And I got alot of the new Basic Grey .

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to j3Mel

Yikes!!!! I just checked my bank statement it appears that I spent $215.....$80 of it at AC Moore that is going out of business here so I needed to take advantage of some liquidation prices.

I was quite surprised that I spent that much....the most expensive trip was about $36, but I quess if you make several of those, it really adds up....oops!!!

I bought paper, embellies, ink pads, adhesive etc...just the regular scrapping goodies.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 11-07-08 11:12 AM
In response to Patti Sylvia

I spent about $250 on a ton of paper, brads, embelishments, glue, stamps, etc. The list could go on and on.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to CASBa

too much actually.

i think i spent around $60 or so on 12 different ink pads from CTMH

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to Prettylolo

Too much I'm sure! I bought stickles and more stickles; Christmas papers and embellies; digital papers; photo paper; ink for my photo printer.....

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to ASiverson

First off, let me say I bought nothing in August or September.....I binged in October tho, spending $180! And I am really trying to cut back.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Nancy Keslin

A lot!!!!

Probably over $100.

New cart for storing supplies
an album
paper
oh, another album
extra pages

I think that's it.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to scrappinmonkey

oops, christmas papers

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to scrappinmonkey

Not much. Maybe $25, mostly on paper, and a little on adhesives and one of the Pioneer strap systems.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to CatScrapsHere

maybe 10 at most, been trying to cut way back

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I spent way too much, but it's hard not to when you work at a store that sells scrapbook stuff and you see all the new arrivals before they make it to the shelves...

Angelica0226
Veteran
Angelica0226
In response to iammaryburke

i'm going to say about 112... I went to CKC in HArtford and I know how much I spent there! then another 12 in additional things. Got some paint, paper, embellishments, adhesives, normal everyday things.... never found the dripping goo punch though!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Angelica0226

I didn't buy anything July, August, or September. So October was probably about $250.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to scrap4brains

I did pretty good in October. Only Spent about $50

I got a ton of things on sale for 50% or more at Hobby Lobby.

12 bottles of Stickles for $10
tons of patterned paper $10
Ribbon $5
Glue $5
Cricut Cartridge (Jasmine) $30 from ebay

Edited by Just G on 11-07-08 12:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to Just G

I spent about $150, but it was my birthday, and I got gift cards and cash just for scrapbooking suppies and stuff (includes printing pictures).

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 11-07-08 01:26 PM
In response to Bubblegirl

As a guesstimate, I'd say $40. Bought 3 albums on clearance for $8 a piece, page refills, and some adhesive. But tonight may be a different story - cropping at Archivers!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bubblegirl

$ zero dollars $

(I'm on month 3 of Viv's Scrapbook Challenge Fast...Which at this point it's a habit not to want to spend!)

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to ALevy

Way to much. However I was aided in this. I hardly ever buy things when I'm on my own. My Daddy came up and we went shopping. Then my Momma and my sister came up and we went shopping. Its hard not to buy when everyone else is.

I bought...
2 books
2 or three magazines
2 cartridges for my cricut
Xyron 150
2 packs of paper
2 kits
photo paper
proably ten packs of embellishments
ashesive
and I printed out some pics

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to Swirls R Pretty

Gosh, I think I spent about $50 to 60 or so. And what's sad is I don't remember what I spent it on!!

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to ScrapperV

I actually spent more than normal in october....I know I had 2 orders here totalling about $50, an order from another online store $20, and about $75 at HL. That's all I can remember. I got lots of good stuff!!

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to ScrapperV

I would say about 30 bucks... I bought halloween stickers and shapes, flowers, snowflakes, hearts, gee I can't remmeber the rest....

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to pearlygadget

about $13 a new Kaiser crafts album and two sheets of letter stickers, and the only reason I bought those was my 4 yr old was at a b-day party at the LSS..

Hannah S
Expert
Hannah S
In response to on_the_plains

Wow! This almost hurts to say... Probably around $400 and I believe the most expensive thing I bought was the Basic Grey Magnetic Mat for $25. I really intended on stocking up in October and not buying anything else until next year but that didn't last long (maybe two days)

The items I can remember:
5 or 6 Basic Grey Collection Packs
All embellishments to match
A lot of thickers
Around 10 single sheets of pp
Both boy and girl Animal Cracker Goodie Boxes
8x8 Album
Pegboard
Material to make a homemade storage rack
Baby Croppin Cutie trash can

There were tons of other things. I am planning on limiting myself to maybe $20 or $40 for the month of December. Then I can turn around and buy all the Christmas paper I will need to scrap all my new photos.

skybluepink
Veteran
skybluepink
In response to Hannah S

I've only spent around $20. I'm on a strict budget until after the first of the year. Even then I dont go crazy every month. I usually have around $30-$40 per month.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Huskymom

OH NOOOOO, you're not going to make me total it all up are you? Everything I bought was right here at the Super Store and as your punishment, LOL, I'm going to show you everything I bought in October. I started a Christmas Through The Years album and I made the clock as a Christmas gift for a friend. The total with shipping and handling included is $80.24 :

Products Referenced in This Post:

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I think it was only $10. Wow that is low for me!

I bought some alphabet rub-ons.

Of course, my sister has comissioned an album and will be buying all those supplies... so I still get my fix a little. (But I AM trying to be very budget conscious on that of course!)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics