Username Post: qotd 11/18        (Topic#1486627)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-18-08 04:39 AM

How many punches do you think you own (if you had to guess?) Do you use them? Share something here you've created with a punch (or used a punch) I will send a RAK to a random person who posts/shares today

RAK UPDATE: My son randomly picked number 24 so I counted the post to find the 24th poster on the thread today :)

Edited by theboydbunch on 11-18-08 04:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Flying_Unicorn
Queen
Flying_Unicorn
In response to Huskymom

I know this answer ... I spend one night last week punching my punches into my library ... 89 punches ... I used the flower ones all the time ... but Cricut and Walk in my Garden has taken over ... I should be using the border punches and the embossing one more often ...

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Flying_Unicorn

If I had to guess, I'd say I have about 10 punches....here are a few lo's showing where I've used a few of them.

A Touch of Class
By Thinking of You
By Scrapn Biker Chick.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1820033.html" title="http://www
Thinking of You
By Scrapn Biker Chick.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1820033.html"Scrapn Biker Chick

Cheerleader
By Scrapn Biker Chick

Happy Birthday
By Scrapn Biker Chick

Christmas card
By Scrapn Biker Chick

Undeniable Bond
By Scrapn Biker Chick

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to Patti Sylvia

I have 3 that I use occasionally(2 flowers and a square), and about 8 that I never use. I really want to get some of the border punches, but they just don't fit my budget right now.

I used some of the flowers on this card.
My 1st Ever Card!! By CatScrapsHere

Edited by CatScrapsHere on 11-18-08 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LosingMyScrap
Resident
LosingMyScrap
In response to CatScrapsHere

I have about 5. I never use them...love my Cricut too much.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to LosingMyScrap

I have 3 Fiskars border punches right now, a Martha Stewart butterfly punch that I absolutely LOVE, and about 5 other small punches. I use my Threading Water punch way more than any other!!

I Love You By Mariposa326
Products Referenced in This Post:

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

I have 5 or 6, and the only one I use is the corner rounder punch. Here's a layout I did...

Pumpkin-Brandon's Baby Album By Miracles_momma

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

I have about 10. I don't use them as much as I could. I don't think I have anything in my Gallery with my punchs.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Aumommie

hmm ... this is tough. I have 2 border punches (the threading water one) and a lace one from Martha Stewart (which I got for $8.50!!!!)

Then, those little punches ... omgosh .. I have a flower, 2 baby feet ones, 2 hearts, a hammer, a star, a wrench, a balloon, a sailboat ... maybe about 12-15 of these things and I NEVER use them .. just saving them for my dd.

Some examples are:

My new Martha Stewart lace punch:
Believe By Peenut_23

Threading water punch:
A walk through grandma's garden By Peenut_23

Actually, I'm surprised I haven't use them more ... that's about it, only have one other layout using punches!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Oh yeah, I have the corner rounder punch and I use that often!

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Oh yeah, I have the corner rounder punch and I use that often!

I have been using my corner rounder a lot lately while making an album for my dad
That thing comes in handy!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to mariposa326

I'm down to 4 punches. 1 Border, 1 rounded coner, 1 decorative corner/embosser, and 1 corner slot for matting.

This is an example of my border punch on the matting. I wanted to MiMi c the design of the PP

Goodnight Sweet Prince
By GTGW

All my others broke

Edited by GTGW on 11-18-08 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Flying_Unicorn

• flying_unicorn Said:
I know this answer ... I spend one night last week punching my punches into my library ... 89 punches ... I used the flower ones all the time ... but Cricut and Walk in my Garden has taken over ... I should be using the border punches and the embossing one more often ...

OMG 89???? Where do you store them all?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Just G

I only have 5-6 myself. I definitely use my corner rounder the most. I also find myself using my 1" circle quite a bit. I wish I owned more squares, but I usually crop with my friend that has all the CM punches so I usually borrow hers

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to scrappindmbfan

I only have 2 border punches and 3 corner punches. I have the Cricut, so I don't buy punches too often. My favorite though, is my Threading Water border punch.

Merry Christmas
By CubsFanForever

I have also used my corner rounder to create borders:

Merry_Christmas_003
By CubsFanForever

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to scrappindmbfan

A guess???,, about 45??? most are the 'tiny' type or numbers, which I have yet to use!
Ilove the corner rounder and the lace edger.

On the Way Home
By Gamma Rena

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Gamma Rena

i don't use punches that much unless it's for the corners of things. i have probably 3-4 of those. i did have a few smaller punches but i think i gave them to ds since i don't use them.

here's an example i did with my corner punch

Inside of exploding box album By Prettylolo

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to Prettylolo

I don't have any punches.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to -Kristy-

I do not have many punches- maybe 5 or 6. My favorite punch is the scalloped circle. The LO is an example of the punch.

Distinctively Related By ScrapperV

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Prettylolo

let's see. I have 2 border punches, 1 Whale of a Punch-square, a Corner Adorner, a Fiskars corner punch (3-in-one), 2 small punches (puppy feet and a heart), one corner rounder, a single hole punch and my hole punch in my Making Memories Tool Kit

Total 10

Happy Holidays By ~*~Kathie~*~

It's Moments Like These By ~*~Kathie~*~

California 1946 By ~*~Kathie~*~

Princess By ~*~Kathie~*~

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 11-18-08 06:42 AM
In response to -Kristy-

I have 2 of the border punches, and 1 corner rounder with the 3 different designs (had it for years) and about a half dozen of the little tiny punches....I dont' think there is any thing in my gallery that I have used them on.
I would love to have the plain corner rounder, and keep meaning to get one....I also want a couple differnt circle punches. And there are several border punches that I still want!

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I forgot all about my tiny punches. I so rarely use them. I think I have 14 of those. Most came in a gift set and the only one I have used is the tuft of grass.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather

I have 4 punches. 2 corner rounders (1 deeper then the other) 1 scalloped edge one adn a Christmas tree one. Here is a LO using the corenr rounder and an card using the scalloped edge one. I have only used the Christmas tree one a few times but I do not have a card, altered project or LO on sb.c to show.

Scooterific
By ScrappyHeather

Friend Card
By ScrappyHeather

JenButler
Diva
JenButler

I have 5 but I only use 2 of them . . . The threading water punch and the corner rounder.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to JenButler

If we include the corner rounder and the cropadile then I have 8 total. I use them quite a bit. They are quite handy I think. This LO shows that I used the scallop circle.

September LO
By Babylou

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Babylou

I have never counted them 20+ I guess...

Happy B-day By Renee77

I used a mini daisy punch and the water threading punch on this card.

I really need to use my punches more often....

Happy Birthday Card By Renee77

Here I used my Cirle punch and scalloped cirle punch which I really love....

Thank You Card By Renee77

Here I used my swirl punch and a boarder punch on the corners...

Edited by Renee77 on 11-18-08 07:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to Renee77

I've got about 15...but I don't use most of them very often. Most of them are basic shapes (circles, stars) and I would like more. I LOVE my cricut but If All I want is a 2" circle a punch would be much handier.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I have about 10. Current fave is the threading water punch. I also like the one that cuts out corners and makes it look like photo corners. Sorry, I can't remember what it is called! I still use a lot of the Creative Memories punches, and really like their new paisley punch.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Renee77

I have about a dozen punches. My favorite is my Martha Stewart lace punch and I also love Fiskars treading water.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to olleharr

I have a butterfly one I have not used yet. Its still in the package. I am thinking about just doing a rak to a friend of mine.

MOmommyscrapper
Veteran
MOmommyscrapper
In response to olleharr

I have a big box full; to many to count.

I got most of them really cheap at a yard sale when I was new at this hobby. I do have several of the Fiskars corner embossing punches that I do use some!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to MOmommyscrapper

• MOmommyscrapper Said:

I got most of them really cheap at a yard sale when I was new at this hobby. I do have several of the Fiskars corner embossing punches that I do use some!

I have one of the Fiskars corner embossing punches and I don't think I have ever used it! Do you have any lo's on here that you have used it on?

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

I probably have 15-20. I use my CM corner punch all the time and the others once in awhile.

MOmommyscrapper
Veteran
MOmommyscrapper
In response to TripletMother

• TripletMother Said:
  • MOmommyscrapper Said:

I have one of the Fiskars corner embossing punches and I don't think I have ever used it! Do you have any lo's on here that you have used it on?

I have the best luck with them when I use them on cardstock or heavyweight paper. All you need to do is push down on them really hard and it also helps to mist your paper with a tiny bit of water (makes the embossed design more noticeable).
Sorry, but I do not have anything in my gallery.

Robinzberdz
Diva
Robinzberdz

I have 8, but the only one I seeme to use is the small daisy punch!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Robinzberdz

my punches are ver basic - stars, flowers, circles, that's all:

Calendar 2009 - May
By SuperAllyFan

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to Huskymom

I own about 40 punches, all different sizes!!! Oops, forgot I also have the mini alphabet set. My favorite punch that I use on 98% of my lo's is the corner rounder! After reading these posts, I see that I am going to have to purchase a Scalloped Circle and a Threading Water punch!!

First snow
By Croppin4Christ

Edited by Croppin4Christ on 11-18-08 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee

I think I have 19 punches. I just got a corner adorner and used it on a LO. I will come back and post it when I get off work!

A girl gotta love a RAK op!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to MOmommyscrapper

• MOmommyscrapper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • MOmommyscrapper Said:

I have the best luck with them when I use them on cardstock or heavyweight paper. All you need to do is push down on them really hard and it also helps to mist your paper with a tiny bit of water (makes the embossed design more noticeable).
Sorry, but I do not have anything in my gallery.

Thanks for the tip! I will try it!

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

I have about a dozen punches and I use them if they lend to the layout I'm working on.

I have the two sizes of squares and circles from CM and a corner rounder. I use them the most.
I have a corner punch that also embosses that I use for photo mats (I chalk the embossed design to make it stand out more).
I also have some misc. punches that friends have given to me that I use mostly to hide mistakes if they fit the occasion.

I recently did a layout for Cirque's show "O" in Las Vegas. I didn't have any pictures or memoriabilia to add to the page so I used the CM circle punches and the Disney Magic Maker to embellish the page, so its mostly punches on the page and some journalling.

The page is in my gallery of my wedding album - but I'm not sure how to add it here.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to Renbear

I have about 15 punches. I have a lot of the little punches, but don't use them that often. Does the corner rounder count? I use that all the time.

Tony (Preschool)
By Bubblegirl
Family Fun Night 2008
By Bubblegirl
Pool Party Page 1
By Bubblegirl
Messy Mia
By Bubblegirl
You are Loved
By Bubblegirl
Darryl
By Bubblegirl

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Renbear

I found that I use mine a lot more now that I have them on a shelf, out in the open. It's like I forget I have them if they are tucked away somewhere.

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44

I have probably about 25 of them but the one I use most often is the rounded corner one, although I have some (2) border punches but I have a hard time keeping them lined up--LOL

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to SQ Mandi

I think I have 50 or more. I know they fill three drawers of my rolling cart, and there's a lot of little ones that don't take up a lot of space.

Here's a few of many layouts/cards that I've used punches.

Taste of Summer
By JudyQ>

Wedding card
By JudyQ

My Girl
By JudyQ

Festive
By JudyQ

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty

I only have 3 punches. And they all came from the 1 baskets at M's. I'm just now starting to collect them.

Hanging By a Moment
Diva
Hanging By a Moment
In response to Huskymom

I have about 6 border punches, two corner punches and about 12 shape punches. I use the corner ones the most but here is my pic from my gallery that shows the boarder punch on an invitation.

Western Girl Birthday Invitations
By Littlelauer

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 11-18-08 01:36 PM

I am a fairly toolless scrapper so far. I have 3 punches. I have a corner rounder, a punch that makes fancy corners (I almost never use it) and a Fiskars Threading Water punch (I just bought this one).

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to CASBa

16. If I haven't used them yet I will in the future.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes

1- corner rounder!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 11-18-08 02:45 PM
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

3 corner punches
4 double punches
10 individual punches
-----------------
17 total

I use the shapes the most. I need to practice more with the corner punches.

Edited by Judes on 11-18-08 02:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-18-08 04:39 PM
In response to ScrappyHeather

• ScrappyHeather Said:
I have 4 punches. 2 corner rounders (1 deeper then the other) 1 scalloped edge one adn a Christmas tree one. Here is a LO using the corenr rounder and an card using the scalloped edge one. I have only used the Christmas tree one a few times but I do not have a card, altered project or LO on sb.c to show.

Scooterific
By ScrappyHeather

Friend Card
By ScrappyHeather

My son randomly picked the number 24 and I counted the posts in this thread and this was the poster with the 24th post (I think, check my counting!! If so, please pm me your address for a RAK!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to SQ Mandi

Yay to #24!!!

I have quite a few. I guess if I have to guess how many, I'd say about...50 or so. I have lots of the MS and Fiskars border punches. I really like those. I use them alot to make my own "frills":)

I also have and love the bigger scalloped circle/square shapes:)

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to shopgirlaudi

Oh, I forgot about the corner punches. I have 4 of those.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee

All Dressed Up Part 2
By JoJorenee

All Dressed Up
By JoJorenee

Edited by JoJorenee on 11-18-08 06:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to JoJorenee

mms I gotta go count!

Offhand, I have:

1. medium heart punch
2. medium circle punch
3. medium square punch
4. Threading Water punch
5. corner rounder punch
6. handheld mini heart punch