Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week 91 it's beginning to look a lot like...        (Topic#1487555)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here You can also place Prayer Requests here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved, and currently Jenni (c-leaper) is the only one doing that. (She will probably grab a person or two here in the next couple days to help oversee the admin duties.) The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

The thread is up. I did not start the blog because I didn't feel like logging out to do it so I modified the link to just point to the blog rather than any particular entry.

Tink, PM me what you want in the OP about the address exchange and I'll add it in.

going to get more coffee now.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Welcome to Black Friday.... and I'm going to be staying home. I've already had my M's fix, got two cartridges, now I'm up suffering from too much food and hormone induced insomnia... I will be on later on today, posting my new card (the stickles are drying) and other things I will be creating. Oh, and my baby brother is supposed to be here on Saturday! Whoot! This is the first time he's been out here to visit.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

Hi Liz!!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Hi Kim!!!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I have store visits to finish up and I'm meeting a customer at 10.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

I have sleep to find.... nighters my friend.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Sleep well!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

bored.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

lonely.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Don't be lonely, Liz.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Vivian loves BLING

morning. We were done shopping and got everything we needed by 5:30

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to foltzy

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I've uploaded "some" pix.

Vivian's Food Album

Yes, I created an album here just for my food pix and layouts.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Hi! Home! Tired! Sore!!!!!!

Decided to take my good sweet time this morning. Jumped up and grabbed some bargains online. Then took my time getting dressed. Went out and wandered WalMart. Hubby beat me out there so he greabbed the only "big" thing I was interested in. I went to see what else I could get that was on sale, and some other stuff that wasn't on sale just cause I was there.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

He went somewhere else while I was there. Then we met back up at home. We went over to the mall and I went to Penney's. I hot the home and men's departments and got stuff for the boys...waited in a long checkout line. Hubby came and played packmule then...went downstairs and hit kids, kids clothes, stuff for the girls. Hubby also carried that all out. Then I decided to call it a day.

He stopped at Bob Evans to get me breakfast on the way.

I am tired, but I am almost all done shopping.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I didn't have my JoAnn's ad with me, and I am trying to decide if I am brave enough to venture back out there later or not. Only because there is stuff my granddaughter asked for that can be bought there...not because I need anything!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

And I am alll alone here aren't I?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

I just got here again. Was still trying to get my Craft robo to work. Almost have it working but think I'll call the company anyway.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

I really want a ham and pineapple omelet but don't wanna cook. So I just reheated some ham and a slice of pineapple. Now I'm pretending there's eggs all over it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I'm sleepy now that I ate and my stomach is full. Seriously conemplating a nap. I know hubby wouldn't say a word. He just moved his motorcycle to the shed and is thinking about putting the Christmas lights up since it's fairly warm and the sun is shining.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Remember the discussions here about Peas? Evil or good debate?

Good Eats-Give Peas a Chance 1/2

Good Eats-Give Peas a Chance 2/2

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi! I'm sore. Too much cooking. I have a little break time. All that needs to be cooking/cooked is and all that needs to cook later is ready to go.

Family is not here yet. So I'm taking a break.

Hubby got home last night at 9:30. Chatted with me for a bit, then went to bed at 11:30... 1 hour later was called out on a fire call from 12:30am until 4:30am. Got home, showered and went out to the Fire House coin toss. Hope they are bringing in some dough!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

forget it, went online to JA.com and got the stuff I wanted and used the 20% off coupon. Not going back out today!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
Hi! I'm sore. Too much cooking. I have a little break time. All that needs to be cooking/cooked is and all that needs to cook later is ready to go.

Hubby got home last night at 9:30. Chatted with me for a bit, then went to bed at 11:30... 1 hour later was called out on a fire call from 12:30am until 4:30am. Got home, showered and went out to the Fire House coin toss. Hope they are bringing in some dough!

poor guy

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I really need to clean house and get things ready for tomorrow. Really wouldn't mind getting my tree and stuff up if I can.

Oh shoot forgot one more thing I want to look at Penney's....going to see if I can get it online.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

I spent Thanksgiving working on altering a tissue box cover for Patrick. It will be his Christmas gift.

Of course it is Steeler's !!!

I just need to coat it with mod podge.... when he will not be around to see it while it dries!
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

poor guy

Yeah. I don't feel so bad for him. Yesterday he cleaned the kitchen floor for me, then layed down and napped the entire time that he was in the house, while I worked my butt off cleaning and cooking and preparing for today!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh and with that he has walked in the door and announced that we need to be quiet cause he is going to go nap!

Maybe I'll get to sleep tomorrow? Doubt it!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm excited that we are going to give my folks the anniversary album today. Even though it is not yet completed.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta go baste the bird.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay, I don't feel bad now either.

mine is starting to revert back to the Bill of the other day already. and I do not have it in me right now to "cheer" him up.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I need to go motivate my boys to help me clean and maybe prep for tomorrow some. Not too much cooking to do since mom is bringing all the leftovers with her.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I still need to work on finishing Michael's album before the 12th too.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

I'm resisting the urge to nap, which dh is doing.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I might be safer taking a nap.
I just went online and ordered several other Christmas items. I need to stop now and evaluate what I have.

As much as hubby hates buying giftcards for people, many of the young ones in our family requested them, so I think that and some stocking stuffers might be all I have left to buy.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

I've no clue what to give to anyone this year.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

As soon as I finish off the left over Orange Goop, I think I'll take a nap.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm home!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
I'm home!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

so dang sleepy

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

Stayed up late wrapping presents and got up late. Cleaned the kitchen.. still need to mop.. but I'm so tired....

I hope not to have to go somewhere, DH went to Costco and got a printer. Guess he's not a crowd type of person either.

Got loads of laundry to do, wrap Christmas gifts for teachers... start Christams cards and print more newsletters.. Need to update my to-do list.

I do need a few things. My mouse is jumping around (the arrow is ) Apple store is having a one day sale. I've got $10 at Old Navy to spend and DS needs some pants. And Old Navy is just next door to Js.

I don't need to buy scrappy stuff... I really got a whole room of them.. I like getting them but I don't want to spend $ on them. My mom's estate has some problems and I may need to pay a lot of $$ out in a while.. got to save now...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I only did 5 stores today (which leaves me 3 for tomorrow) but at one of the stores I managed to a) get next month's return done so I have one less to do next month and b) refill my Rx for cheap. They could only partially fill it, but that's ok since I have to go back for a store visit on Tuesday at which point they'll have the rest of it ready.

I also squeezed in a customer order drop off, too.

I'm content with the three store visits I'll do tomorrow since I need to go to Borders tomorrow and pick up the book that they're holding for me (John's Anniversary gift) and that's across the street from one of my stores. I need to go to the Post office and that's across the parking lot from the second store and I need to go to Old Navy and buy more pants for me and that's across the street from my third store. So I should be able to get everything done by 10 am.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Happy thoughts Happy thoughts!

So for you shoppers, what deals did you get?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Dang, Liz gets here and I can't keep my eyes opened any longer.

Gonna take that nap that's been threatening me all day.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Don't feel bad, Viv. I'm contemplating one myself.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

DH put this 24 x 36 engagement photo of my friends in front of my computer.. I said can you please put this somewhere else 'cos it is so weird when you're looking at this pic of you friends' that is 24 x 36.... and he's mad! I just feel we shouldn't just print this out because even though HE is the photographer, I felt the pics belong to our friends, KWIM???

Can you please tell me am I the weird one? He is the photographer.. but it is SO weird that he puts it on my desk, even though he put his iMac there!

Boys are toopid!!!!!! And HE's mad at me?!?!?!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Nice food album, Vivian!

DH put our food pics on Facebook. Of course, he shot the turkey BEFORE I removed the burnt spices on the bird. He said "oh it's a test shot" and then he put the pic on FB.

I got lots of questions "what's the black stuff" I commented, "burnt spices that should NOT have been there". Now Food Network will NEVER hire me!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I need a

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

I think it's weird that he's plopping it on your desk. I can understand him printing it out for a variety of reasons a) gift for the friends b) part of the portfolio he shows prospective clients
c) studio decorations to show off his work to prospective clients, but it shouldn't be on your desk.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

I think it's weird that he's plopping it on your desk. I can understand him printing it out for a variety of reasons a) gift for the friends b) part of the portfolio he shows prospective clients
c) studio decorations to show off his work to prospective clients, but it shouldn't be on your desk.

Thanks, Liz! I don't mind if he stores it in his work area. It is part of his portfolio, although I would choose another recent one I did that's better... and I've NEVER seen him show that big one to his clients. Almost all of his clients view his work online...

but yeah... not on my desk!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Man killed at WM stampede!

Another reason not to go there...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I'm not socially presentable today.. I think I'll go hide for a few hours...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

You can stay here. I don't smell. oh wait, I do, I haven't showered yet!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Well Cooking Mama Cooks didn't even last 1 day, only 6 1/2 hours before we broke it out to play. We're having a good time playing it.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Micayla is playing at the moment. She's really enjoying it.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

took a little bit of a nap earlier. Think I'll make some coffee and be productive somehow.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. I have made coffee and had some pie. I'm still feeling like I should be productive, but I'm at a loss.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I laid down to stretch out my shoulder and of coarse fell asleep. And I don't feel any better than I did before.
And now I can hear daughter and sil voices downstairs and I don't want to go down there because I don't feel sociable. I hurt and I'm sleepy.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Still, I have so much work that needs done, and I am out of tea.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Elizabeth

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Elizabeth

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm looking for a quote for the inside of my Christmas card. If I don't find one soon, everyone will be getting signatures only.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I'm sitting here working on Christmas cards too.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

trying something. i'll know in a minute if I'm successful.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay...dd and boyfriend gone...

other children home
hubby in a grumpy mood
boys in a do nothing mood
me in a do nothing mood

shoot forgot to call my grandmother

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, THAT went well!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

uh oh. Elizabeth.

Sounds like it's time to go get cozy in bed with a good book and not reemerge until tomorrow.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

nah it's time to go prod my boys and clean my kitchen

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:

omg, are you serious!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

Well Cooking Mama Cooks didn't even last 1 day, only 6 1/2 hours before we broke it out to play. We're having a good time playing it.

I got the nintendo DS version of cooking mama for $10 today for Abigail

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to KellyLeigh

• KellyLeigh Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

omg, are you serious!

yup. and someone killed two people in a Toys R Us in CA today, too.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I got up at 3:30 to go shopping this morning. Went to Kohls, Circuit City, Target, AC Moore, other Target, Old Navy, and Toys R Us. I finished ALL of my christmas shopping except for Chris' mom (I have no idea what to buy for her). Oh, and Thursday night we went by michaels on our way home from dinner. It was about 8:00 and they had tons of cartridges and no crazy people or huge crowds to fight. I got Alphalicious and Stretch Your Imagination and some sb-stuff for Abigail and Sydney for xmas presents.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

sounds like you did well Kelly.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• KellyLeigh Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

omg, are you serious!

yup. and someone killed two people in a Toys R Us in CA today, too.

that is awful! I dont know what is wrong with people!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I think I'm almost done with my Christmas cards and by almost done I mean I now know what the inside needs to look like and I think I have enough cards assembled with the exception of the insides and one small thing on the outside.

I could be wrong, I have been before!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I was wrong. I have 27 outsides made. Need 9 more, I think.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I am nearly done with my cards too, need to finish 5 outsides, some stickling, and stamping the insides

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I need to import Christmas music into iTunes and make a playlist. Someday.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I was thinking I needed to go through my Christmas music and do that too Liz.

As for cards still sitting here cutting them out.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to foltzy

I just listen to the christmas radio station and my 3 or 4 christmas cds

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

Hmmm. I was over on SJ and someone started a thread about favorite Christmas movies. Well I can't watch mine because I just get too emotional, depending on the year almost hysterical, so it's a household rule that I'm not allowed to watch it. Blog entry explaining it all Next runner up is the first season Christmas episode of The West Wing. Also makes me hysterical, but when I finish crying after the episode I fell drained and tired but also like I've purged something. I might have to break that episode out soon.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

we are big fans of the dr. suess grinch movie, and of course my all time favs are It's a wonderful life and A Christmas Story

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Why I'm at the house I'll turn on the XM radio Christmas Station on my Directv but when we're out and about we listen to the MP3 player in the car and I take my headphones with too just in case, so I want to have some Christmas music to listen too. Should have had them this morning. I'm claustriphobic and they would have helped me focus on something else.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

mother nature came for her monthly visit today...my tummy does not feel nice

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

did anyone have any bad shopping experiences this morning?? I had one lady try to run me over with a buggy

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

I like all kinds of Christmas movies, It's a wonderful life, Miracle on 34 Street, the 1934 (I think) version, A Christmas Carol (doesn't matter the version or if it's cartoon, muppet or a femal Scrooge). I just like Christmas movies.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

I didn't realize that my iPod wasn't locked, so it was on in the bottom of my bag for the past day or two and playing. I went to grab it out while I was doing a store visit this morning (they didn't even have the music on yet this morning when I got there) and saw incredi-low battery. That would have helped a lot, too.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

• KellyLeigh Said:
did anyone have any bad shopping experiences this morning?? I had one lady try to run me over with a buggy

Nope everyone was pretty much friendly. Brian did use his "Man Power" of being big and everyone got out of his way, he wouldn't have hurt anyone.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

No, I didn't go shopping. I have to go to Old Navy and Borders tomorrow morning for new jeans (again) and John's anniversary gift. I'm hoping I can get in and out without too much hassle.

I did have good store visits when I was working today, though.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
I like all kinds of Christmas movies, It's a wonderful life, Miracle on 34 Street, the 1934 (I think) version, A Christmas Carol (doesn't matter the version or if it's cartoon, muppet or a femal Scrooge). I just like Christmas movies.

me too! In fact, I love pretty much anything Christmas-y...movies, music, decorations. We were watching a show on the travel channel last night about the biggest christmas store, best light displays, etc...I wish I could go see them all.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I wish we had a borders

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

my kids are going to have way more gifts to open this year...they didnt ask for any big items so it is all smaller things so I was able to get more. I spent 280.00 today and got 41 gifts...that averages out to just 6.87 per gift!Some of them were for the kids and some for other relatives I needed to buy for.

Edited by KellyLeigh on 11-28-08 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I prefer Barnes and Nobles to Borders, but B&N is out of the book John wants. Luckily the borders by one of my stores has it and are holding it for me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to foltzy

Liz

I finally got out of the house. I'm in the building. Gonna scrap. Or try.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Abby's getting some lego stuff, maybe some books and I don't know what else. Maybe karate lessons after school.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I should be finishing my christmas cards, or helping chris cook dinner, I am being SO lazy

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Thanks, Viv.

Edited by SticklesQueenMoxie on 11-28-08 03:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

my kids got a lot of books, craft supplies, some movies, and some "toys" The most expensive item this year was Baby Alive that can use the potty. She was $40 but I got another $20 toy free b/c I purchased the baby alive, so that still wasn't too bad.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Viv, what are you getting your son this year?

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics