Page 1 of 86 
Username Post: Crazy complusive scrapping shoppers group        (Topic#1488783)
TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Now taking any joiners. We can talk about what we spent for the day, or month. Or just how we got a great deal somewhere.

This all started on a swap thread, where some of the ladies have went overboard on shopping,lol. Some of us will spend over the limit on the swap and some of us just go over overboard. But hey we all love to shop, and when buying for a pal sometimes, you see something for them you buy it and then add more and more to your basket and come out spending way more then you went into spend. Of course you bought some goodies for yourself, its so hard not too.

We are taking votes for Presidency of the top spot, and we will have 2 or 3 Vice president spots. I was Voted VP of Public Relations, after I put my vote in for Cindy10 for President, lol.
I said we were not having a Treasury spot, because that person wouldn't be trusted to not spend the money on Scrapping goodies, lol.
Winner by a landslide is Cindy10 as President
Votes for President: 5 nominations for Cindy10 nominated by TJCraftyWitch, Cindy herself, Desparate Housewife, ScrapAngel4 and Crystal loves DH n DD

Winner for VP is Desperate Housewife
Votes for Vice President:2 nomination for Desperate Housewife by TJCraftyWitch and Cindy10
1 nomination for Mommie75 by Desparate Housewife
1 nomination for TJCraftyWitch by ScrapAngel4

Most generous with handmades:ongoing still with nominations1 nomination for Turtlelady by ScrapAngel4
1 nomination for Desparate Housewife by Des Hswf
1 nomination for Disneylisa

VP of Public Relations or Spokesperson is TJCraftyWitch
VP of Public Relations or Spokesperson:
2 nomination for TJCraftyWitch by Cindy10 and Desparate Housewife
1 nomination for LilScrapper22 by LilScrapper22

Most addicted to swaps:(this one will have so many folks in it, lolWe both won on this one, lol.
TJCraftyWitch
ScrapAngel4

MEMBERS: All members win on being an ADDICT, because we all LOVE SCRAPPING goodies, whether its buying, making or swapping, we all love to get new stuff.
TJCraftyWitch
Cindy10
Iammaryburke
Desparate Housewife
Mommie75
Jenuwin
Theboydbunch
Johnsusan8
Turtlelady
ScrapAngel4
scrapn biker chick
2MiniSchnauzers
QueenRN2007
Queenbriannasmom
Crystal loves DH n DD
Musica620
Lilscrapper22
emcee24
Angie mom of 2
purpleprincess99
miniscrapper
provinca
jaybeemom
shana0608
Jacquie44
qmanscrap
hdsue
armywife1437
SouthernSalsa
AmberleighCMC
dotfree
pinkkarin
Moonpuff
Twinkpea
Danielle R
Scrappintastic
Rose M
Scrappin Diva
Mollydog
Chattycat
Ma2crzygrls
happygirl08
elledee
Sherry Relyea
Swatmommy
jenyjen3
Rebecca and the Pugs
Genni
Happilydivorced
Drayia
tuckerlisa
Matthews Wife
MrsSpeed
Peyton's Scrapn Mama
Raven63630
Aloha Joy74
Naf
luv2scrap
Mirandia
Your ScrapAttack
CocoChanel
JaymieLiz
nonnysbooks
scrapdiva76
xoJessica
scrap-a-shop-a-holic
fatwhippet
ashtonsmommy

Will add a poll when we have enough nominee's for these spots. I will add folks names under each spot. You can nominate only one person or one for each spot thats up to you.

Okay off to send out pms and links to this group. Think I'll add it to my signature.LOL

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 07-14-09 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Sign me up! I always spend WAY too much...

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

soooo, you want us to "admitt" how much we spend on scrapping???

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to RN2007

Oh please sign me up, too! I'm still trying to figure out if I have a spending problem or if I should consider myself lucky, hehe.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to RN2007

hum i know i spend way to much.. my hubby told me the other night i have ocd.. hum i know he is right.. when he was out of work last year for strike and back surgery i sold about 2000 worth of stuff and you could not even tell i got ride of a single thing man i am good at hiding stuff i guess//

i just mailed off nine pacakges last week of pal stuff and went way over board on each one..

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
In response to mommie75

OK,here is my nomination shpeech: It is only one sentence:

I just spent over $250.00 on a $50 swap!

I think that should seal the deal for me as President!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to mommie75

I am in a few ss swaps as well as the queen swap and I know i spend WAY to much. so liek Marsha I have to admit that????? YIKES dont know if I can handle that I may go into a coma or something lol

a few weeks ago I bought myself the bind it all it was half price a steal if ya ask me came home and hid it yeah i did lol dh found it adn was like whats this ummmmm opppss santa came early?!?!?!

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife
In response to Briannasmom

ooh! I've been wanting to get that Bind-It-All! Seriously...I think I'm gonna get it soon. I've also been twiddling my fingers whenever I see the Cricut Expression. LOL

I have a vote for VP for this CRAZY COMPULSIVE SCRAPPING SHOPPERS THREAD, how embarrassed AND honored I am.

I think Cindy10 should definately be President for this thread. I am always SO, SO happy and appreciative when I get packages from her. She's always over-the-top! MY problem is that when we're mutual pals in a swap I match her...so I guess I do have a serious problem myself. BUT, I do believe she deserves a taste of her own good medicine too!

I do think that mommie75 should be in the running for one of the positions as well because although I myself have not been on the receiving end of hers, my little boys have and they had the BIGGEST smiles on their faces when they got packages from her.

This is such an interesting thread!!!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to Desperate-Housewife

you guys are too funny.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

Yes, you guys really are funny...oh my!

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo

OK, I like the idea of haveing a confessional. I never tell my hubby what I spend, and he doesn't dare ask. LOL I say I am lucky because I live in a small town that doesn't have a place to buy scrapbooking stuff. (well not yet a small boutique is opening soon, but I am sure the prices will be too high) Anyway, when I do get to go to Hobby Lobby,an hr from here, my friends kinda look at me crazy when they see, or I tell them what I spent. On sale items mind you. So I get my money's worth. Yet they don't mind comeing over and shareing my materials and tell me how jealous they are. lol I just paid off one Crucut and my hubby woke me up one morning to show me the expression my SIL was telling me about, so of corse I had to order it too. I told him that was his fault. I rarely leave Hobby Lobby w/out spending less that $200.00. Again that is why I am glad I don't have one closer.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-10-08 11:44 AM
In response to JennAboo

I'm a big shopper...I want in!!

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
In response to JennAboo

I think one of our Board Members should be TJ Crafty Witch, after all, she IS the FOUNDER!!!

And Lynnette, yuo DO NOT have to match me! YOu have NEVER had me as a Pal until a million this month! SO, I haven't gotten a packqage from you yet, although I know a few are coming.... YOu just THINK I send a lot casue YOU'VE been MY PAL so much! See?????

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to cindy10

Okay, move me from the Scrapfasters to this one. I belong here more than there! I spent $80 yesterday for a class at a lss and the stuff I bought while there.

Turtlelady
Diva
Turtlelady
In response to johnsusan8

I am not that big a spender as I was last year. I did over spend on all of my secret santas but as usual, I only got back one great pal. I don't know many of these gals to pick a person :=) Have fun with this Tonya.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Okay got new members and nominations on the first thread, let me know if I did or didn't put someone there, that didn't want to be ladies.

Susan I will add you as a member, feel free to vote for a President or VP or whatnot. LOL

Thanks ladies for us all having fun and sharing, its great.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

ok you must add me to this thread... I am a shopaloic.. Let me tell you when Michaels was having its after halloween sale I bought like 30 bags of the all dressed up buttons.. It was 80% off. and I couldnt pass it up.. Its great for when we have the monthly envie swap..(for next year of course) I nominate Cindy10 for President.. And Tonya for VP.. WE should also add a category for the addicted to swaps for handmades too..lol

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to ScrapAngel4

I also nominate Turtlelady as the most generous in making handmades...

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

OMG....I thought I was the only one who was as addicted to shopping for scrappy stuff as much as scrapping....

I'm in on this too!

My hubby doesn't ask either...on the rare occasion that he's with me when I'm shopping, I'm careful to look like I'm a very frugal scrappy shopper, but if he's not with me...watch out debit card.

For the most part I am sorta, kinda careful, but not as much as I probably should be.

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to Patti Sylvia

I'm in! I've been the the LSS twice this week! I get those 50% off Coupons and I just have to use it.

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
In response to Patti Sylvia

Hey KIm! Where do YOU get off calling me President-material, huh?! I just sent you the TINIEST PACKAGE the other week....!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cindy10

Okay time for more updates, lol.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

ok you must add me to this thread... I am a shopaloic.. Let me tell you when Michaels was having its after halloween sale I bought like 30 bags of the all dressed up buttons.. It was 80% off. and I couldnt pass it up.. Its great for when we have the monthly envie swap..(for next year of course) I nominate Cindy10 for President.. And Tonya for VP.. WE should also add a category for the addicted to swaps for handmades too..lol

Hey how did I get voted for VP, lol? Thanks hun.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Kim:Put you in there with me on the swaps grp hun.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

oh man this is too funny. phew am I glad I am not the only with a cpn in pocket and its burnign a hole there lol.
I too dont tell dh how much i spend he would probably dis own me or something lol. he doesnt ask either so its a win win situation am i right?!?! lol

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

I vote for Cindy10 for president. Good luck Cindy, she's so funny.I'm a bad shopper, I bought a scraplot off of ebay for $800 to add to my my stash. My dh shook his head and I said well you showed me how to use it. Then later on I sold a lot that went for $1,000 and I still have a lot of stuff. Every time I shop at acmoore or micheals instead of telling him how much I sent I tell him how much I saved. But he does get around to asking me how much I spent. I know that I have a problems. But I don't think its that bad, Is it?

scraphappyjenn:D
Diva
scraphappyjenn:D
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

I'm not gonna join this because I personally don't want to know how much I spend..but thought I'd share what my hubby said the other day...

We were talking about how I had to finish up my christmas cards and I was leaving yet again to go to a friends house cuz it's just so much more fun with friends...anyway, he said, "I am glad you have this hobby. It's a nice way to keep memories of our family and it doesn't cost anything."

Yeah...talk about hiding stuff! Where does he think I get all the stuff??? My friends houses I guess.....

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to scraphappyjenn:D

Okay, I thought I was the queen of hiders until my mom came to visit. I introduced her to the cricut. She had it in her motor home and when we were at Walmart, she bought herself one. She just switched it out with where mine was and my dad kept thinking it was mine. When they were getting ready to leave, she just put it away and didn't tell my dad until a few weeks after they got home.
I can hide my purchases if I shop during the week, or if it is delivered during the week. Dh is gone Mon. - Fri..

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

i went to Michael's one day and spent $200 on ribbon and stamps and i got most of it from the clearance bins also i can barely pay my rent but i bought jemax cubes again at micheals cause they were on sale but have to hide them in my trunk and think up a story after xmas to explain how i got them.....so i'm totally in

PS = i bought a cricut cart cause it was on sale...i don't have a cricut

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to LilScrappy22

I spent $40 last night on Creative Memories stuff.

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife

• Crystal loves DH N DD Said:
I vote for Cindy10 for president. Good luck Cindy, she's so funny.I'm a bad shopper, I bought a scraplot off of ebay for $800 to add to my my stash. My dh shook his head and I said well you showed me how to use it. Then later on I sold a lot that went for $1,000 and I still have a lot of stuff. Every time I shop at acmoore or micheals instead of telling him how much I sent I tell him how much I saved. But he does get around to asking me how much I spent. I know that I have a problems. But I don't think its that bad, Is it?

OH-MY!!!!

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife

• LilScrappy22 Said:
i went to Michael's one day and spent $200 on ribbon and stamps and i got most of it from the clearance bins also i can barely pay my rent but i bought jemax cubes again at micheals cause they were on sale but have to hide them in my trunk and think up a story after xmas to explain how i got them.....so i'm totally in

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife

Oh and I didn't know we could nominate ourselves so in that case I'd like to nominate myself for generous with handmades.

emcee24
Veteran
emcee24

I think I spent too much too for the last 2mos. I got a slice and cricut expression and shopped during Thanksgiving sale both online and at M's and J's too.. : ( ... I'm nearly in a bankrupt mode when it comes to my scrapbook funds.

Angie_mom_of_2
Veteran
Angie_mom_of_2
In response to emcee24

Can I join too?? I'm sorta new to scrapbooking but I've been to HL or J's atleat 1-2 times a week since September!!! I have to hide stuff from dh too! lol!

purpleprincess99
Tenant
purpleprincess99
In response to Angie_mom_of_2

You guys are great. My husband has been asking if a SBSA (Scrapbook Shoppers Anumomous)existed and this is the closest thing I have found to one. At the moment I am trying to figure out how I am going to pay the Nov and Dec credit bill of $815.00 and that was all spent between Oct. 28 and Dec. 5. Of course $436.99 was the pazzles I had been saving up for. I only get a $100 a month for allowance. So I asked my husband if we could raise our allowance for Nov and Dec. and he said if we could afford it. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to pay the difference.

My husband was afraid when we bought our house because it is just a block and a half away from the lss, 4 miles from HL, 5 miles to JoAnns and 5 and 1/2 to Archiver's and Michaels. Now you can see why I need a 12 step program to help me stop shopping.

Edited by purpleprincess99 on 12-11-08 12:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to purpleprincess99

I just came back from Archivers today and I spent about 27 dollars now mind you I only spend about 20 a trip maybe alittle more depending on the project but I go there like 1-2 times a week. they know me adn my little one by name now is that sad or what??

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Purple Princess, if I lived as close as you do to those places, my credit and debit cards would have a meltdown!

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22

• Desperate-Housewife Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

ya i know hey....like most have said i like shopping just as much as i like scrapping and then i don't wanna use the new stuff cuz it's tooo pretty

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-11-08 09:12 PM

Hey ladies. went to Michael's yesterday and only spent $22. I used my 40% off coupon on gift wrapping tape!! I have been shopping so much this month, there really wasn't anything I "needed"

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

• LilScrappy22 Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

ya i know hey....like most have said i like shopping just as much as i like scrapping and then i don't wanna use the new stuff cuz it's tooo pretty

Me too, I do that with paper! Too pretty to use. Or I save it for "that" album (?) and you know what happens? I forget I have it. In fact, I just found some GREAT paper that I bought a couple years ago and had put away for my dd's baby/childhood album. Just used it for a swap.

But my favorite story on this thread so far is Lilscrappy22's above about buying a cricut cartridge without owning a cricut Now that there's a true scrapbook-supply-buying addict. By the way, I have a cricut. Which cartridge did ya buy?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to cindy10

• cindy10 Said:
Hey KIm! Where do YOU get off calling me President-material, huh?! I just sent you the TINIEST PACKAGE the other week....!

That was not a tiny package girlfriend!

Lilscrappy you are too funny! You bought a cricut cart. and you dont have one??? LMFAO!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Need to update front page now. You ladies are cracking me up. I will update in a bit, I need to go grab a shower and lunch before I go to work. I slept late today, was tired a could be.

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22
In response to i heart scrapping

• i heart scrapping Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

Me too, I do that with paper! Too pretty to use. Or I save it for "that" album (?) and you know what happens? I forget I have it. In fact, I just found some GREAT paper that I bought a couple years ago and had put away for my dd's baby/childhood album. Just used it for a swap.

But my favorite story on this thread so far is Lilscrappy22's above about buying a cricut cartridge without owning a cricut Now that there's a true scrapbook-supply-buying addict. By the way, I have a cricut. Which cartridge did ya buy?

i'm glad you all think it's funny but it was cheap and i want a cricut so bad i can taste it...i wanted to get christmas cheer but stupid micheals were sold out so i ended up with printing press like i saidi know it's crazy but i couldn't pass on the price...i have a feeling santa is bring the expression though even if he dosen't i will use christmas gift cards and money to bring it home

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

dh talked me into gettting the baby pooh cart. even though I have a silhouette. I still have my cricut and the cuttlebug.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I just spent $34 at the superstore on two punches I've been wanting. I got 10% off and I'll be going to Disney! lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I bought some CTMH stuff. I'll add it to this thread when I get it in.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-12-08 04:33 PM

I'm actually using some of my stuff tonight! I know, it's amazing, but I have gifts that need to be completed!!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to Huskymom

I buy and don't do enough scraping to warrents what i got...This is a bad thing with M under my nose I'll join and help.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to miniscraper

I thought I had a shopping problem until I read this thread. My daughters need to read this so that they can see that I'm not as bad as they think I am. My DH doesn't have the slightest idea about scrap shopping -- I handle the checkbook!! My daughters, on the other hand, are always reminding me of the economy and my spending!

When I started scrapping, I went to ACM and spent over $500 before I ever made one LO! Over the years I've spent ALOT -- sometimes foolishly, but I am now a very careful shopper. I only buy if it's on sale or if I have a 40% or 50% coupon. I've also joined the No Less Than 25 challenge where I can only shop after i complete 25 LOs. so far so good -- I'm finishing up my 4th round.

It's soooo hard to refrain though, and I have a relapse every so often -- sometimes hundreds of dollars worth of a relapse!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to provinca

Anna sounds like a grp I need to get into lol. I cant never spend hundreds at a time but in a week yup I can do that lol. I am good though I only buy when I get tipped. i am a massage therapist so when ever i get a tip thats where my money goes right into scrappy stuff. and i have to use a cpn. gotta stretch and get more for my money ya know lol.
25 lo;s huh?? now heres my question is a do able lol I'd probably lose my mind but BUT sounds like an awesome way to use then awesome supplies we (I) keep buying lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Got us all updated ladies. I love hearing the stories. I will have some more to share myself I am sure, right after xmas. I am on a shopping freeze pretty much til right after. Then its watch out, lol.

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22

i think i might have to nominate myself for VP of Public Relations or Spokesperson...can i do that...??

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yep, will get you marked, lol.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

just got back from j;s and m;s lol. bought the cuttlekids with a cpn foam kids that you can dress on sale grade school pp and tadpole alpha set for the cuttlekids. the cuttlekids stuff adn foam things are for my dd though so does that count?? I spent about 40.
gonna go on j;s website and order a few more dies for the cuttlekids for dd. (they are also for me though I have the cuttlebug shhhhhhh)

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I bought $7 worth of stuff at a lss today. I bought two metallic pens and a few sheets of paper at 75% off. The cost would have been more than that but I sold a couple of things at the garage sale they had today.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

I actually did good today...I went to M's and my lss...walked out with only buying a Disney Cars sticker sheet for my grandson (he was with me) for 1.99....

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo
In response to scraphappyjenn:D

• scraphappyjenn:D Said:
I'm not gonna join this because I personally don't want to know how much I spend..but thought I'd share what my hubby said the other day...

We were talking about how I had to finish up my christmas cards and I was leaving yet again to go to a friends house cuz it's just so much more fun with friends...anyway, he said, "I am glad you have this hobby. It's a nice way to keep memories of our family and it doesn't cost anything."

Yeah...talk about hiding stuff! Where does he think I get all the stuff??? My friends houses I guess.....

LMBO!!!! Now that is funny!

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom
In response to JennAboo

Sign me up. I think it is a requirement that you must use your 40% joann's coupon every week, even if I don't need anything, I stock up on adhesive.

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife
In response to jaybeemom

I went to M's today because I went to M's last week twice and aqquired (2) 40% off Coupons . Today I dragged my dh into the store with me so that I could use both of them and the cashier practically scolded me because right after I made a purchase and used one of the Coupons my dh was right behind me and used the other one (with the same bank card). LOL She only gave me 1 40% coupon this time. Shucks! I thought I was going to get my 2 again.

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife

OH! And I believe that I am the one who got the $250 package from Cindy10....ya know....the one that was only supposed to have a value around $50? um-hmm! Am I right love? Was it my "spy kit"? you were speaking of? Seems like it.

Ma2Crzygrls
Pro
Ma2Crzygrls

I don't know what kind of criteria is needed to be a part of this group but for just starting this year I have spent a LOT. I think if my dh really knew he wouldn't be happy. Good thing I take care of the checkbook. I am talking an easy 1K since Aug. On Black Friday alone I dropped close to $300 and two days before ordered an Expression! Oh this is a good Christmas though

Edited by shana0608 on 12-13-08 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Ma2Crzygrls

I just got 50.00 in gc for archivers but I;m sure I will spend way more then that. HAHA btw I ordered the few dies for my dd;s cuttlekids. only 20.00 bucks there but I didnt even get all I wanted I am actually being good here what is wrong with me?? is there a grp for that one too LMAO. dh still has NO idea how much I spend. but he did say I better find better hiding places for my scrappy stuff that is new casue he might go searching haha I say yeah right he wouldnt even do it where do ya'll hide all your stuff lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Ma2Crzygrls

• shana0608 Said:
I don't know what kind of criteria is needed to be a part of this group but for just starting this year I have spent a LOT. I think if my dh really knew he wouldn't be happy. Good thing I take care of the checkbook. I am talking an easy 1K since Aug. On Black Friday alone I dropped close to $300 and two days before ordered an Expression! Oh this is a good Christmas though

There isn't a requirement, if you think you belong here, then your a member, lol. I'll add you to the members list.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

OH! And I believe that I am the one who got the $250 package from Cindy10....ya know....the one that was only supposed to have a value around $50? um-hmm! Am I right love? Was it my "spy kit"? you were speaking of? Seems like it.

You lucky duck you. You so deserve it. Hey I want Cindy as my pal in the next swap, lol. PLEASE!!!

cindy10
Pro
cindy10

OK, my American Express bill came today: $530 in scrapping goodies last month. YIKES!! ANybody kinow a good divorce lawyer?! LOL!

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
In response to Huskymom

Hey girls: TWO WHOLE DAYS with NO SHOPPING!!!!
That's ONLY becasue I got an AWESOME package from Desperate-Housewife, who I now nominate for V.P.!!! YOu should SEE everything she sent me!!!

BTW< the $520 was jsut on the Credit Card. THat doesn't include purchases by cash or check! LOL!!!

I'm not bragging, I'm CONFESSING, and HUMLIATED by doing so...!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cindy10

Okay I will add her to the nominations in the VP.

Cindy, you do have a problem, lol. Thats alright, mine will be bad come January and February. I will be blowing money on my pal and I'll have tax money as well. I will probably be getting me more Cricut cartridges then along with loads of other goodies. I will be sure to tell all what I get come then.

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44

YUP for sure sign me up, I got another lecture about my scrapspot in the house from DH -- lol, I told would you rather me be at the bar? Of course not that is where I go he said!!!!!!!!!!

So to my corner I will go I said

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to jacquie44

I think the group should be called

Scrappers Anonymous, so what should our 12 steps be? Let me ponder on this one and I will get back with ya--LOL

gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap
In response to jacquie44

OK, ladies....love you all! I'm so "happy" I'm not the only one. I've been a "scrapper" since the end of August (yes, this year). Here are just "some" of my purchases then I will join SBA: cricut (baby bug, first right off the bat), Xyron 900, stickles 35-set, cricut expressions, sixxiz big shot, several bigz dies, pixie by singer, 5 cricut carts (in my defense all my dies and carts off e-bay no more than 40.00 ea.) several CTMH acrylic stamp sets (about 7), several paper sets, one awesome kit from costco (check out my gallery), just recently zutter dreamcutz (haven't received yet). I'm not in the competition, tho....

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to gmanscrap

Well I am looking around my area here and I am not ashamed to say that I think there is around $3,000.00 worth of stuff that I have bought since acquiring my baby bug this past summer. I had my cricut sitting for a while till I got everything I needed to work with and it has been an uphill progress purchasing and purchasing. The 3 SS that I was in this year help add to the list of things because when i bought for her I HAD TO BUY FOR ME TOO!!!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

So where do I hide my stuff? Nowhere! It's all plainly laid out for anyone to see! It's messy, but it's there. My husband would immediately have to stop hunting and fishing at his new camp, stop smoking premium cigars, and stop playing golf and taking golf trips, and I could go on scrapping for many, many years blissfully spending freely before I could catch up to him!

gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap

• johnsusan8 Said:
So where do I hide my stuff? Nowhere! It's all plainly laid out for anyone to see! It's messy, but it's there. My husband would immediately have to stop hunting and fishing at his new camp, stop smoking premium cigars, and stop playing golf and taking golf trips, and I could go on scrapping for many, many years blissfully spending freely before I could catch up to him!

That's what I tell DH! Also, he has so much "stuff" that he puts Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas to shame! So.....no.....I don't feel guilty!

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22
In response to gmanscrap

i have less than 20 bucks in my bank account and I'm heading out to the LSS to get some buttons and ribbon and paper .... can't wait till after christmas when the $$$ and the gift cards start rolling in

Ma2Crzygrls
Pro
Ma2Crzygrls

• TJCraftyWitch Said:

There isn't a requirement, if you think you belong here, then your a member, lol. I'll add you to the members list.

LOL! I know I need some sort of "therapy" for my sickness. Let me add its has to be closer to $2K. The sad part is I don't keep track of the spending. I just go into a store and if I see something I want, or need I just buy it.

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife

I vote TJCraftyWitch for Spokesperson.

Hey Cindy, you didn't answer me if the $250 package was my spy kit. Fess up! LOL

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 12-14-08 12:18 PM

i think it stinks now that Joanns put a kabosh on using the Coupons on the magazines....adding there discounts i didnt buy at walmarts today thinking i would use my Coupons at joanns and low and behold they had 10% off so...i told the lady that was a low blow she agreed with me lol

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to hdsue

I know what you mean about the cpn being changed for the mags and idea books. M;s did the same thing. so not far lol.

gmanscrap I feel guilty lol dh plays an online game thats about 20 a month so I spend WAY more then he does in a month haha. but he tells me he dont mind. he actually got a gc for his b-day and didnt have anythign he wanted or needed to gave it to me. I think he is a keeper lol especially with my spending habit lol

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

just stopping to say hi.. i have not been able to shop for scrap stuff i have been trying to finish my x mas shopping so no scrap shopping i made one order this month well maybe two besides the couple things i bought off ebay..

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife
In response to mommie75

I have a spy kit swap going on right now and I just tallied up 1 of my 3 partners kits that I've been packing up and the minimum amount to spend on each partner was $50, I've almost tripled that so far and I'm not even done shopping. Geesh!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Okay ladies, you all have problems, lol. Just joking, lol. This is too fun. I thank you for the nomination as Spokesperson Lynnette. Wish I could be Treasury, but we all know that I would spend the money on scrapping goodies, lol.

I will add the newest members to the list.

armywife1437
Tenant
armywife1437

Oh my do I need to be a member of this group! I belong to a technique club and we meet once a month. We are required to make a minimum purchase of $19 a month, yet I can never manage to leave our meetings without ordering at least $200. Of course that doesn't include the random purchases I make online from Js, sb.com , evil-bay, etc.
I live in Okinawa, Japan so there are none of those great stores everyone goes to to get all their yummy sb stuff. I can't even imagine how bad my addiction is going to become when we finally move back to the states and I can go to a LSS, HL, Ms, Js anytime I want to. My husband should be afraid. Very, very afraid! lol Whereas I am excited. Very, very excited!
Count me in ladies! I've found my new home!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to armywife1437

Welcome to this group and to sb.com !

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Welcome hun and yes he should be afraid, lol. Hope you are having fun with your goodies in Japan, lol. I bet the shipping is a killer to there.

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22

Is it bad that I have put off scrapbooking until after Christmas because I’m hoping for the circuit expression to be under the tree ?

SouthernSalsa
Resident
SouthernSalsa
In response to mommie75

Ok I know that I always over buy for a swap I can't help it!!!! So I'd like to be here with others that share the same addiction! At least most of you dont work at a scrapbook store ...which make is so hard to not spend more YIKES!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to SouthernSalsa

Lilscrappy, no its not bad to put off til then, hard but not bad, lol.

Maria I got you added as a member with us, thanks for joining and admitting that you have a shopping problem,lol

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I've always wanted to work at liek archivers but I know my whole paycheck would go right back to the store and that woudl not be a good thing lol.

as far as the voting goes I have no idea who should be who lol I'm sorry

amberleighCMC
Resident
amberleighCMC

I need to be a member too! I like to shop way too much!! My husband doesn't know how much I spend and I "Hide" my stash at my rescue squad building. Haha!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to amberleighCMC

I'll add you as a member later this evening Amber, you seem to be following me around on the board, LOL.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree

I'm one who does far more shopping than cropping . I have bought more stuff that has never been used including the cricut(used only once by my granddaughter). Sometimes I think I have enough stuff to open my own store. Plan to do better in 2009 and actually start using some of the things .

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to dotfree

My hubby may be getting laid off after Christmas so I think temporarily my spending will stop.. Well then maybe I should start cropping and less shopping.. lol

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

DH just informed me that I sucessfully reduced my scrap spending in November by over 50%

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to RN2007

It's okay, you'll be back to normal soon. This too shall pass!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Kim that sucks if that happens, but yes you can crop and making layouts more.

Getting you girls added to the members list.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

jci, I guess I'm not that bad. I have a huge stocking and I told my dh it would be nice to have this filled up with scrapbook goodies. I showed him the stuff that I want and need. I think he likes me to pend the money bc i'll would be looking at flowers and he is telling me to come and look at the $5 stickers. I shop more than I scrap and I also want to change that for the new years. My dh went into my scraproom yesterday and looked around and he said I know your never going to use all of this stuff and I said maybe not all of it but most, lol we will see.

cindy10
Pro
cindy10

Call it good or call it bad, but I filled my cart TO THE BRIM today at M's. EVERYTHING was 40% off!
I had a 50% off coupon, but nothing to spend it on, cause everything was on sale!!!
THEN... I spotted the Xyron 500! It is the one toy I want but don't have (excpet the Jukebox, which I'm getting for Christmas. SO... I put EVERY SINGLE THING AWAY, and ONLY BOUGHT THE Xyron 500!!!! WIth 50% off, it was only $25.00!!!! Here's the BEST part: I PAID CASH!!!!

armywife1437
Tenant
armywife1437
In response to cindy10

thanks TJCraftyWitch. i've been lurking around the boards for a while now, but finally decided to post when i saw this group.
actually, shipping isn't so bad over here. we have an APO address so it's standard shipping. and like i said, living over here probably saves us money despite having to pay shipping. cuz if i could go to a LSS anytime i wanted it would be a LOT worse!!!

way to go cindy! it's never fun, but sometimes it does feel really good to have a little self control. lol

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to armywife1437

hi ladies

Page 1 of 86 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics