Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
i will catch up later, here is one by me, one LAST one before the end of the year, I JUST finished this, haha!

{Six}
By Pammy

Swoon...THUD.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
btw I ORDERED the slice from QVC last night, $140 including shipping, I a totally psyched!! this will the first die cut machine I have ever bought!! yea!

SCHWEET! I saw that as I was in and out of sleep. I was so tired last night that I didn't even make it past the first presentation before I fell asleep.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Let me know how the slice works out. It sure is a compact little jewell.

I bought Doodle Type today. You can never have enough fonts is what I think.

What's everyone's plans for this evening? We're going to a party at the Italian Hall - I'm tempted to bring dominoes, but that's a Southern thing and I don't know many people around here who play. I'll just bring cards.

I went to dinner with my parents, and my Mom and I are going next door with our neighbors who we have known for 33 years to ring in the new year. WOOT!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Yvonne - I'll do the challenge and get Viv's CJ page done at the same time.

I did do a page with acrylic - the butterflies, I hoped to have my book done (we did extend to the 15th didn't we?) but I don't think I will.

What book? Extend what to the 15th?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
I really don't eat too badly most of the time. I do binge. That and not exercising is my big problems with health and weight.

I'm in, Lesley.

good we will have to get something set up, I always work better at losing when I have to weigh say once a week and actually get monitored, now that sounds like I'm weak, but unfortunately when it comes to food, I am weak, love it way too much.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - I'm at the point where I don't really care for any parties and I especially don't like spontaneous invites.

Sorry about the big words, I wasn't showing off, sometimes I can't think of smaller words to say what I mean without going into long boring paragraphs like this one.

Hey, don't call that long boring paragraph, think I'm the Queen of long paragraphs, for that matter, long posts...I always have rambled on, I just go on as if I'm talking on the phone.

And I thought it was funny trying to work out those words, you always give us a laugh.

Totally agree, another thing we are alike in, I'm really over parties, don't enjoy them at all, think thats got something to do with not drinking because I always have to drive and I'm only a 2 pot screamer anyway so why bother is my opinion.

I was really happy when he came home and said he wanted a quiet early night. Now we have broken the habit we probably will stick to not going out, the guy down the street asked us to go down there but we decided not to. I'm happy, just can't wait for 2009 cause it means I'm going to be a grandmother and that I'm going to hopefully meet a few of my friends from here. that will just fly...see I'm rambling on already..lol..

OK Lesley, I really want to use this phrase, but first you have to tell me what it means! I love having a friend in Australia!

Oh!! that just means that 'I can't drink', after 2 drinks I'm all done, either totally stupid or really not well, so 2 pot relates to 2 drinks and screamer can mean either load and crazy or ill.

So if you know anyone that can only have a couple of drinks before they are p..... (can I type that?), then they are a '2 pot screamer'.

Sorry, I really didn't know that was just an Australianism'..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Yep I missed that one about the 15th as well?

I am actually in the process of doing the December challenge at the moment. No acrylic album but am doing a LO using transparency, just started about 30 mins ago so won't get it photographed until tomorrow, along with the one I've just finished last night and the LO I replaced the yellow matting with black, that was from the critique.

Oh I will also take pics tonight but unfortunately we have just had a hail storm, thankfully it didn't come until I had come home from my walk, but its really dark now, think we are in for quite a bit of rain.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - I'm at the point where I don't really care for any parties and I especially don't like spontaneous invites.

Sorry about the big words, I wasn't showing off, sometimes I can't think of smaller words to say what I mean without going into long boring paragraphs like this one.

Hey, don't call that long boring paragraph, think I'm the Queen of long paragraphs, for that matter, long posts...I always have rambled on, I just go on as if I'm talking on the phone.

And I thought it was funny trying to work out those words, you always give us a laugh.

Totally agree, another thing we are alike in, I'm really over parties, don't enjoy them at all, think thats got something to do with not drinking because I always have to drive and I'm only a 2 pot screamer anyway so why bother is my opinion.

I was really happy when he came home and said he wanted a quiet early night. Now we have broken the habit we probably will stick to not going out, the guy down the street asked us to go down there but we decided not to. I'm happy, just can't wait for 2009 cause it means I'm going to be a grandmother and that I'm going to hopefully meet a few of my friends from here. that will just fly...see I'm rambling on already..lol..

OK Lesley, I really want to use this phrase, but first you have to tell me what it means! I love having a friend in Australia!

Oh!! that just means that 'I can't drink', after 2 drinks I'm all done, either totally stupid or really not well, so 2 pot relates to 2 drinks and screamer can mean either load and crazy or ill.

So if you know anyone that can only have a couple of drinks before they are p..... (can I type that?), then they are a '2 pot screamer'.

Sorry, I really didn't know that was just an Australianism'..

I love that! I'm going to figure out a way to use that phrase. Thanks for the explanation!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Happy New Year to my Lovelies!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hey Viv and Lesley, is your weight challenge open to the entire group, or is it something you want to keep between the two of you?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

Hey no Carrie, everyone would be great, but not everyone needs to lose weight do they, would love to have you in on it the more the merrier.

Did I explain 2 pot screamer ok, I think probably it is easier in reading it again, to just say - it is someone who can only have a couple of drinks before getting drunk, or do you use the term 'cheap drunk', means same thing, you only have to buy them a couple of drinks before they are drunk.

Hope thats clearer.

We are playing games at the moment just having a lull in proceedings so thought I would hop on.. Will pm that BG stuff.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Well, I am outta here for the year! Right up near the top of my list (if not at the top) of good things that happened to me this year is definitely meeting all of you. Thank you so much for, well, everything! You guys help me make it through my 10 hour days at work and most importantly, you are the first female friends I have had in as long as I can remember. I hope to meet some more of you in person this year and I look forward to our creativity, fun and friendship in the coming year.

Shannon, We love you!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
i will catch up later, here is one by me, one LAST one before the end of the year, I JUST finished this, haha!

{Six}
By Pammy

Wow! This layout is so eye catching and has such an awesome design! I love the colors and how you cut the circle with the different papers and the swirl cut out. Super neat idea. The only thing is that I'd like to see it on a different colored background. Maybe even a lighter yellow to make the circle jump out that much more. Either way, I just love this layout!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
btw I ORDERED the slice from QVC last night, $140 including shipping, I a totally psyched!! this will the first die cut machine I have ever bought!! yea!

Yay! That is awesome!!! When we saw that demo at Archiver's I was really liking the idea of The Slice. I hope you have a ton of fun with it!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
As my final non sequitur (Latin for does not follow) for this year - are you right or left handed?

I do pretty well with either hand but I am dominantely right.

I am totally right handed. There are certain things I do with my left, but very little. I don't have much coordination with my left and my right is much stronger.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm just checking out the book for the new cart right now. I paid $60 at evil-mart.

Have you checked out ebay for carts? I'm not sure how you feel about 'that site' but their carts are always much cheaper. Matt got my Paper Dolls for about $25 including shipping.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
I haven't bought a new cart since early November. This is Leesa's fault, she told me to do it.

I am living through you! haha

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Well, I am definitely thread jacking and I'm sad that no one is around... where did all of you go?! As soon as I get on, everyone leaves.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Here are the ones I finished earlier today and last night:

Opening pages

Pages 2&3

I want critique, especially things I could add. I'm trying to make the rest of the pages very similar so the critique will help those pages alot. Remember the pink pages are not for anyone in particular right now so I can't add the calendars and such details.

I love these and am totally going to scraplift these pages. To me, it looks like a totally different style for you and I just love it. The space on the 1st month pages on the bottom left, what is that extra space for? A space for the mom to add special things from the baby there?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

So WHEN is it a good time to diet? I need to quit cooking. Buy prepackaged, caloried counted stuff and buckle down.

You can still cook your amazing food, just 'healthier'. lol Remember, that prepackaged, caloried counted stuff is full of preservatives and things you don't want to eat. Plus, you can't let your amazing cooking skills go to waste.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Never a good time to start dieting, believe me I've tried them all and I really need to get back on track for the sake of my operation, it will totally fail if I get too much more weight on.

I am starting tomorrow, only because I am looking forward to sausages tonight, lets start together eh, we don't need to put up what we weigh, just how much we lose or (won't mention how much we put on if we do).

I think nearly everyone in the group will be interested even if they only want to lose just a teeny little bit. What do you think?

I cannot wait to loose some weight after the baby is born! I'm hoping to find some sort of support group to help me in my process once I start. I think it would be a great idea for you guys to hold each other accountable and supportive to eachother.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
The movers sound like real smart people...

Yeah, I am sick all the time, but hopefully it won't last too long. It will be worth it in the end, right?

Cause it will be worth it, I mean, just look at how gorgeous little Noah is, I do so hope you have a girl. I know the main thing is the health of the child but would still be nice to have a girl.

I do know it's worth it and yes, we sure do want a girl. A couple people I know are offended that we have a preference on gender. Isn't that funny? They are like, "you should just want a healthy baby." Well, they can shove it!

Well Leesa, you can just say something like I would. For instance, "You should just want this (insert middle finger here.)

I love you! hahahaha

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
I really don't eat too badly most of the time. I do binge. That and not exercising is my big problems with health and weight.

I'm in, Lesley.

good we will have to get something set up, I always work better at losing when I have to weigh say once a week and actually get monitored, now that sounds like I'm weak, but unfortunately when it comes to food, I am weak, love it way too much.

I'm very week when it comes to food, too! It's so bad. I can't wait to be back to the weight I was when I got married. I sure miss those days....

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Everyone is talking about these monthly challenges and I feel terrible that I only did the first one, mine, and I haven't done the others. I'm really hoping I can catch up on them and get them all done. They all sounded super fun!

So, I'm sitting here looking at my booklet for the Paper Dolls cart. Wow! There are so many things you can do with that cart. I'm thinking about making a story book for Noah. That should be really fun. Lesley, you should really check out that cart. I think you'd like it, especially for the baby coming.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hey no Carrie, everyone would be great, but not everyone needs to lose weight do they, would love to have you in on it the more the merrier.

Did I explain 2 pot screamer ok, I think probably it is easier in reading it again, to just say - it is someone who can only have a couple of drinks before getting drunk, or do you use the term 'cheap drunk', means same thing, you only have to buy them a couple of drinks before they are drunk.

Hope thats clearer.

We are playing games at the moment just having a lull in proceedings so thought I would hop on.. Will pm that BG stuff.

I would be classified as a 2 pot screamer for sure! We also call someone who can't handle much alcohol a "light weight."

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, I should be finished cleaning out the house today. What a relief it will be!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Hey Carrie!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

hi ladies, just checking in quickly. Doug is on the computer today and he went to get a cup of coffee, so I jumped on fast.

I am working on a mini album, but don't know what type of adhesive to use.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

it is this type of album

I am using urban prairie on it.

It seems too thin to use mod podge on. but I don't know.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi. Anyone else watch the Rose Parade? I love that one.

Mod Podge is fine on thin paper.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
it is this type of album

I am using urban prairie on it.

It seems too thin to use mod podge on. but I don't know.

That album looks super cool! I can't wait to see how you finish it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Everyone must be off making resolutions. I was up very late and have been kind of groggy. (No, not hung over

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I didn't make any resolutions this year. I already have too much going on.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Good Morning ladies, only just eaten breakfast and its 9.40am, late for me. Have the girls/boys here so just sitting around chatting.

Figure if we say weight ourselves on Sunday our own times, then keep our own track of that. Then every Sunday we put up whether we have lost or put on and how much...along the way we can add helpful hints on how to get through situations, and offer recipes (low cal of course but that doesn't mean nasty).

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

I want in on the diet thing. I'm still doing WW, and I weigh in every Saturday. Is that alright instead of Sunday?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Good morning, Lesley!

Hello, Carrie!

How are you ladies doing?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I want in on the diet thing. I'm still doing WW, and I weigh in every Saturday. Is that alright instead of Sunday?

Absolutely, only throwing about suggestions at this stage, so any suggestions/ideas welcome, please help set this up, like everything on this great forum - its a group thing, by concensus.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Leesa, how was your New Year's celebrations?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi Leesa, how was your New Year's celebrations?

Very good! We went to our friend's house and played games. It was fun and we even had a babysitter!!! How is your year going so far?

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 03:32 PM
In response to slywalker

Hello ladies,first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! and thank you so much to accept me on your group.I`m really so so happy!
The most important thing I want to say to everybody here that my native language is spanish.
I live in Santiago Chile.So I`m sorry if I make mistakes with my english.Now some details of myself
~*~Luzma~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Luz Maria
2. When is your birthday? June 29
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Rodrigo. We have been married for just over 14 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a son, Rodrigo (Yoyo). He is 10 years old and a daughter,Bernardita (Nini).She is 12 years old.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? My cricut,papers,ribbon,stam ps,buttons.....all
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? Now im a SAHM but I worked as a travel agent for 20 years
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I think this group have great talented artists and I will learn a lot.I`ve been scrapping for almost 1 1/2 year so I want to learn lots of new thins,techniques etc.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

Hello Luzma and welcome to our group!!! We are so excited to have you here! Just jump right on in.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 03:38 PM
In response to Amigosa

Thanks Leesa for you welcome.I love your work and I have some of your layouts in my faves.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

Aww, thank you! I am looking at your gallery right now and I'm falling in love.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

Hi Luzma! Welcome to our group! Make yourself at home, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 05:40 PM
In response to Meak72

Hi Carrie,thank you so much,and me too.I lovr to meet new ladies here at sb.com !!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

Hey ladies! How are all of you tonight? Are you doing any scrapping?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Hello ladies

Welcome Luz to our group. So glad to have you here. You know I love your work.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Hey ladies! How are all of you tonight? Are you doing any scrapping?

Hi Leesa, I got out my album last night, got out the papers and that is as far as scrapping as I got. I took down the tree and decorations today. For some reason Doug is very mad and so he left to go to work tonight. I have no clue what crawled up his butt but man was he grouchy. We don't drink so he isn't hung over. He actually went to bed last night around 5:30 and slept until 8:30 this morning.

I am hoping to do some work on my album tonight but if not I will definitely do it this weekend.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 06:06 PM
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi I want to share my first 2009 LO,it`s a funny one!TFL
I CAN`T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!! By Luzma

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 06:10 PM
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi sweetie nice to be with you here too!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! my dear friend,as I see today wasn`t a good day for you but girl tomorrow sure is going to be better!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

Hi Luzma, welcome to our group, I think you will feel right at home, we are a fun happy group and share pretty much anything and everything.

And you've made a good impression already, we have a few here who just love their 'diet coke'

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Leesa I had a really quiet New Years Eve, and then New Years Day as well until about 3pm when the girls/boys arrived then it was pretty much full on until after midnight.

We had a BBQ and we had Roo sausages and patties, they were ok but Jarrod thought they were a bit chewy so a few got put in the garbage.

We then played Taboo for hours, I love that game even though I'm not very good at it, especially when I have to partner DH who loves to distract the others an heckle them so them time dashes away while they are laughing at him instead of concentrating.

They have just left, it's been a really busy morning with people popping in to see them. Erin is in her girlfriends wedding tomorrow so they have headed to Hobart to shop and then got the rehearsal dinner tonight, wedding tomorrow then the post wedding BBQ on Sunday. So they won't be back here until Sunday night, then all day Monday to pack, Tuesday they head back to the States so I feel a little sad about it now I am sitting here in an empty house for the afternoon, good reason to scrap.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:

Great LO Luzma, love the bright PP it suits the theme of the picture so well, and the stitching adds the perfect finish. Did you cut the flowers on your Cricut? if so what Cart did you use?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:

Wow! I love the bright colors and the layout just jumped off the screen when I opened it. I used to *love* Diet Coke aswell, so I can relate with this one. haha I think it is very creative how you've done the title on the page! I had to kind of look for it, but so neat. What a great page!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi Leesa I had a really quiet New Years Eve, and then New Years Day as well until about 3pm when the girls/boys arrived then it was pretty much full on until after midnight.

We had a BBQ and we had Roo sausages and patties, they were ok but Jarrod thought they were a bit chewy so a few got put in the garbage.

We then played Taboo for hours, I love that game even though I'm not very good at it, especially when I have to partner DH who loves to distract the others an heckle them so them time dashes away while they are laughing at him instead of concentrating.

They have just left, it's been a really busy morning with people popping in to see them. Erin is in her girlfriends wedding tomorrow so they have headed to Hobart to shop and then got the rehearsal dinner tonight, wedding tomorrow then the post wedding BBQ on Sunday. So they won't be back here until Sunday night, then all day Monday to pack, Tuesday they head back to the States so I feel a little sad about it now I am sitting here in an empty house for the afternoon, good reason to scrap.

I was just telling DH that you had Roo for dinner! I would love to try it.

I'm sorry that Erin has to go home in a couple of days. Although, you get to come to the US and see her in, what, 7 months? I'm still sad I won't be able to go see you!!!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 07:55 PM
In response to slywalker

Hi sweetie,thank you so much for your welcome!!!
Those flowers are die cuts from My mind`s eye,this time I didn`t use my cricut!!!
Our New year eve yesterday was so fun. We are alone with my dh because Yoyo is at the beach in a classmate home and Nini is in a friends farm.
So this is the first time we`re completely alone.I`m a little sad but not to much because I know they`re having too much fun.
We went to a friend home with other friends we had dinner and we saw the fire works.Today we satyed all day at home and I enjoyed the sun and the pool.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-01-09 07:56 PM
In response to Amigosa

Thanks Leesa I appreciate your comment!!!
Luzma

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi sweetie,thank you so much for your welcome!!!
Those flowers are die cuts from My mind`s eye,this time I didn`t use my cricut!!!
Our New year eve yesterday was so fun. We are alone with my dh because Yoyo is at the beach in a classmate home and Nini is in a friends farm.
So this is the first time we`re completely alone.I`m a little sad but not to much because I know they`re having too much fun.
We went to a friend home with other friends we had dinner and we saw the fire works.Today we satyed all day at home and I enjoyed the sun and the pool.

That sounds SO very nice!!! We have winter here now and it is so cold and we have snow. YUCK!

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 01-01-09 08:05 PM
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hello ladies,first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! and thank you so much to accept me on your group.I`m really so so happy!
The most important thing I want to say to everybody here that my native language is spanish.
I live in Santiago Chile.So I`m sorry if I make mistakes with my english.Now some details of myself
~*~Luzma~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Luz Maria
2. When is your birthday? June 29
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Rodrigo. We have been married for just over 14 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a son, Rodrigo (Yoyo). He is 10 years old and a daughter,Bernardita (Nini).She is 12 years old.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? My cricut,papers,ribbon,stam ps,buttons.....all
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? Now im a SAHM but I worked as a travel agent for 20 years
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I think this group have great talented artists and I will learn a lot.I`ve been scrapping for almost 1 1/2 year so I want to learn lots of new thins,techniques etc.

well hi there, so glad you joined!! (((((HUGS))))

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Pammy

Oh, I added Luzma's questions and answers to the first post of this thread.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Hey there, Pammy! It is so nice to have you back!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Luzma- I was just commenting on your layout in your gallery and noticed someone commenting about being careful of the Diet Coke. I agree with her that aspertame is really bad stuff. I've read quite a bit about it and it does horrible things in your body. Have you read anything about it?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

I drink tons of diet coke.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Have you read anything about the aspertame, Yvonne? I wonder if that can be part of why you are so sick so often. It is totally possible.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Good night, ladies!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

never heard of it

what does it do to you???

Expert
In response to lilmrmaid

Happy New Years Girls!!!!

Expert
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

Luzma, welcome to the group! Great layout and you've already done Yvonne's challenge! HAHA!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Secret Santa By Slywalker

Sorry pic is a bit late - but, tis is my wonderful stash from Secret Santa (Alias Shannon), how lucky was I...don't you just love the bag (cold fridge lined bag), and see the 3 bottles of Bath, Bodyworks & Beyond, already into them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Always Exploring By Slywalker

this was my first LO playing with my new Cricut Carts. Mostly the Font Carts, just to see how they came out and changing sizes etc, not 100% happy but learnt a lot.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Xmas Card Memories By Slywalker

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:

I'm sorry that Erin has to go home in a couple of days. Although, you get to come to the US and see her in, what, 7 months? I'm still sad I won't be able to go see you!!!

I know, what bad timing eh!! in one respect and good in another. Next time I visit they will be in Washington State and I've already told DH I want to visit Michigan because we won't be going anywhere in Europe after this visit so will see a little more of the US.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Pam and Sylvia, Happy New Year to you both as well.

Hi Yvonne, and Leesa.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:

I am loving all the work you did with your white pen. Just fantastic. The stitching is lovely as well. I don't see anything I would change.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

this was my first LO playing with my new Cricut Carts. Mostly the Font Carts, just to see how they came out and changing sizes etc, not 100% happy but learnt a lot.

Lesley, I am loving this. The scroll with the title on it is so creative, and I just adore the little sea side accents. I especially like the sea shell and how it is folded.

I think the only thing for me is Murphy's name. The "p" and the "y" are up a little high for me. I know when I put a word too close to the bottom of a page, the letters that have the little tails like that are always shoved up higher. If you like it, great. It's just one of my little quirks!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Swoon...THUD.

Lesley, I think you should consider submitting this one for publication. This is just fantastic.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Lesley, what are the particulars of your trip in July? I mean, what is the date you are all trying to get together. If I'm going to try to come, I need to see if I can make plans now, or at least soon.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Welcome Luz. Love the new LO, I was drinking a diet Coke at the time I saw it.

I am jci briefly and will leave comments later, I'm posting this so as to no lose my place.

Lesley, I too need some particulars on July. My BIL is trying to plan a family reunion at just the time I think I want to be away.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Lesley, I am loving this. The scroll with the title on it is so creative, and I just adore the little sea side accents. I especially like the sea shell and how it is folded.

I think the only thing for me is Murphy's name. The "p" and the "y" are up a little high for me. I know when I put a word too close to the bottom of a page, the letters that have the little tails like that are always shoved up higher. If you like it, great. It's just one of my little quirks!

I totally agree with you Carrie, and you know I wasn't happy with it but was too lazy to cut out another name in a smaller font so I wouldn't have that problem, naughty eh!! now I will go do it. My dd thought the whole name was too big anyway, but I was experimenting so didn't change it, should have.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene I can't believe you said you were drinking a can of Diet Coke when you saw that LO of Luzma's because I honestly was doing the exact same thing when I saw it, I laughed so much when I saw you were doing the same thing.

Now, about the trip:
We arrive in Philadelphia from Ireland on the 13th July (date Erin's baby is due), we don't know whether we will hop straight on a train to head down to Washington DC or not because it will be night time. So may spend night of 13th there then get train the following day. So we would arrive in DC on 14th July.

We plan to have around 3 - 4 days there and there are a couple of things we really want to do and thats to see the Smithsonian Institute because we missed it last time, go into the house where Abraham Lincoln died, then go to Alexandria and Georgetown (both old towns evidently where Erin has said I will just love all the old quaint shops). So I'm guessing thats probably 2 days and I would like to have a dinner with anyone that I'm lucky enough to have come to meet me and an all day scrappy thing, like lunch - and we wouldn't go scrap shopping would we?...lol..).

So...that's our itinerary and it depends when you guys can get there be it at the start of end of our stay I will work in around that. I think both Marlene and Shannon mentioned dh's maybe coming so that would be great and free me up more (I'm sure you all know what I mean there). And some may be interested also in those things we want to see, I know my dh hates hanging around shops and I love it so if there are guys there then he can have someone to hang out with then.

Of course this is assuming he doesn't have to start chemo straight away and not be well enough, we are in limbo a bit until the 16th Jan until we find out what is going on there.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 05:46 AM
In response to Pammy

Thanks Pammy,you know I love your creativity!!! and the fantastics pics of your son always with a big smile in his face!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Luzma

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Luzma

Lesley - I love both of your new LO. You and your Cricut seem to be getting on just fine. It is hard to judge the sizes and I still have problems. I often end up cutting more than once.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

Nice first effort with the Big Bug. I can just see Holly and Betty exploring along with Murphy. I like the blue and peach. The swirl in the corner is very pretty (I'm going to have to find that!) The negative title is very clever. I especially like the two tone on the scroll, that's very effective. I agree about the placement of the P and Y, just dial down the size a little. Also I am surprised that there is no patterned paper - a wide strip under the scroll and title strips would look very nice. Come on, I know you have just the right paper. I know everything is glued down and it really is nice just the way it is.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

What a great idea to save a card! I like how you did the holly in the corner so you can still see through the "window". I really like all of this and wouldn't change anything.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 06:50 AM
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

Thanks Sylvia I`m glad to be here!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Luz - what kind of flower is behind you in your Avatar? We have something similar to that in southern Michigan called a Tulip Tree.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
never heard of it

what does it do to you???

Here are a couple good websites about it:

http://dorway.com/dorwblog/
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effect s.html

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Good morning, girls. I'm going to be catching up now.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

Lesley~ I just love everything about this layout. The design is great and the use of the acrylic is so creative. I love it!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:

I know, what bad timing eh!! in one respect and good in another. Next time I visit they will be in Washington State and I've already told DH I want to visit Michigan because we won't be going anywhere in Europe after this visit so will see a little more of the US.

That will be SO VERY EXCITING!!! I can't wait to meet you!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:

I agree with you here, Carrie.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Swoon...THUD.

Lesley, I think you should consider submitting this one for publication. This is just fantastic.

Ha!!! I totally agree with Carrie here, too! I also think you should submit this. It's an awesome layout!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 08:51 AM

Hi Marlene it`s a Magnolia tree. I love it!!!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Marlene I can't believe you said you were drinking a can of Diet Coke when you saw that LO of Luzma's because I honestly was doing the exact same thing when I saw it, I laughed so much when I saw you were doing the same thing.

Now, about the trip:
We arrive in Philadelphia from Ireland on the 13th July (date Erin's baby is due), we don't know whether we will hop straight on a train to head down to Washington DC or not because it will be night time. So may spend night of 13th there then get train the following day. So we would arrive in DC on 14th July.

We plan to have around 3 - 4 days there and there are a couple of things we really want to do and thats to see the Smithsonian Institute because we missed it last time, go into the house where Abraham Lincoln died, then go to Alexandria and Georgetown (both old towns evidently where Erin has said I will just love all the old quaint shops). So I'm guessing thats probably 2 days and I would like to have a dinner with anyone that I'm lucky enough to have come to meet me and an all day scrappy thing, like lunch - and we wouldn't go scrap shopping would we?...lol..).

So...that's our itinerary and it depends when you guys can get there be it at the start of end of our stay I will work in around that. I think both Marlene and Shannon mentioned dh's maybe coming so that would be great and free me up more (I'm sure you all know what I mean there). And some may be interested also in those things we want to see, I know my dh hates hanging around shops and I love it so if there are guys there then he can have someone to hang out with then.

Of course this is assuming he doesn't have to start chemo straight away and not be well enough, we are in limbo a bit until the 16th Jan until we find out what is going on there.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Lesley, thank you for the details of your trip. Does Erin live in DC? I'm sorry, but I somehow missed where she actually lives.

So after the 3-4 days in DC, then where do you go?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Where my Lovelies at?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

hi

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Where is everyone today???

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 11:31 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

Hi Luzma, this is a gorgeous LO, she is just so cute. Love the little house is that from Cricut? Was that originally on the little note or did you create it as your journaling? I also like the masking, that is the first time I have seen it used like that, I like the way the spray mist creates that graduated look from the cream paper at top to the darker area and the 'broken china' stickles is a beautiful colour isn't it.

The only critique I could think of was the roof of the house would stand out a little more on a lighter background paper, perhaps even using the same paper as the strip of print which runs along under the picture. Just a thought, and I know it probably stands out just find IRL.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Yvonne I'm here but only briefly, need to go hop in the shower and get things moving for the day.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics