Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Carrie, you still there?

Erin lives in 'Newport News', Virginia. That is (I think) about 2 - 3 hours south of DC.

The reason we were looking at meeting in DC was because I am not going to know when I will be free while in Virginia because of Erin being due to give birth either just before we arrive or just after we get there. She may well be 2 weeks late or something and we would need to hang around there a bit longer, but if on time then my time could well be taken up solely either at the hospital or being a very possessive nanny for the couple of weeks we currently plan to be there.

We think at this point in time we will be flying home from there. Jarrod's father wants us to spend time with them in Phoenix but dh is thinking that may have to wait until the next trip because of going to Vietnam and Ireland before hitting the US and that he will be pretty tired and 'over' travelling by then....but that could change over the next 5 months and if so, then we would be only 6 hrs drive from you, but as I say, I can't count on that this trip.

Think DC is central for those travelling south from Michigan way or North from Carolina way, I know you are on the other side of the States and would probably have to fly? or does Amtrak go across there?

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 02:37 PM
In response to slywalker

Hi Lesley,this is a little different than I usually do.Trying something not from my style.
The house is a October afternoon die cut and yes IRL the roof doesn`t look so dark,is the same brown colour of the circle.
Thanks a lot for your critic and for your time.I appreciate so much.
Happy Saturday!!!
Luzma

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Luzma

I'm here for a couple minutes. Ended up doing some running around and going to lunch with BIL & SIL, then some computer stuff. Now here I am.

Driving to D.C. from here would take somewhere between 16 and 20 hours. Not really doable with my time frame. I will probably fly.

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 01-02-09 03:41 PM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Xmas Card Memories By Slywalker

wow this is fabulous, I adore the clear surrounding the layout, that is so cool~ also scrapping the card is a neat idea, I havent done that yet!

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 01-02-09 03:43 PM
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

the colors on this are amazing. I love the way you cut out the flourish with glitter, that looks great

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Pammy

Hi Luzma, Pam and Marlene. So you don't think you will train down Marlene, you were thinking of making it your holiday for yourself and Ken and maybe catching the train, guess you 've done the research by now.

I'm pretty sure we will stick with the train, mainly because we feel we will get to see a bit more of the country. Although, a bus from Philadelphia to DC might not be a bad idea seeing as it is going to be night, I would just feel safer than on a train.

Now we are actually in 2009 it is making the trip seem a lot closer, and once your under 6 mnths prior to a trip it always seems to just fly.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Luzma I think you can do any style well, this latest one is really nice, and I love the masking. Gaelene used Glimmer Mist Spray and masking on one of her Japan LO's and it also turned out well, but this is the first time I've seen the swirly ones used.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Gee this site is slow this morning, anyone else having problems?

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 04:13 PM
In response to slywalker

He he he I think the only problem is we`re a little tired night is coming.
I`m no tired I made another lo,I`m going to post it here later and I`m working on another one.My husband is playing at the computer beside me.
Are you going to visit Vietnam? and Cambodia not?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
He he he I think the only problem is we`re a little tired night is coming.
I`m no tired I made another lo,I`m going to post it here later and I`m working on another one.My husband is playing at the computer beside me.
Are you going to visit Vietnam? and Cambodia not?

Your lucky that you can both work their together Luzma, guess that helps with you getting so many LO's done because you are still sort of working together.

My dh served in the Vietnam War and we are doing a Veteran's Tour of the area he served in which was the Vung Tau/Nui Dat area, then we fly up to Danang, the reason we are going up there is to see the 'old portugese city' of Hoi An, that area just appealed to me. We don't have time to go to Cambodia unfortunately because we then move on to Ireland which is my treat, before going to the States.

Have you been to Vietnam? We are going because dh wants to go back there, but everyone is giving us really bad reports of the area, which is a bit annoying when you are really looking forward to going there for a specific reason.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-02-09 04:56 PM
In response to slywalker

Sorry what kind of treat are you going to receive in Irleand?
No I never been to Vietnam and as you Know I worked for 20 years as a travel agent and I never sent anybody to Vietnam to Cambodia yes lots of people for honeymoon,sorry I can`t help you.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Luzma

Our internet went down two days ago. Lots to catch up on but can't do it all tonight.

Missed ya!

Welcome, Luzma!

Over a hundred posts since last time I was here.

I did get alot of pages done. Almost finished the baby albums. Got all the months done but still need to do the closing pages.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Baby Albums 4&5

Baby Gift Albums 6&7

Baby Gift Albums 8&9

Baby Albums 10&11

Baby Album 12&13

Ya can see where/how I'm going with these? I'm now trying to use up the scraps left from previous pages to get the last 3 pages in each album done. I won't be going back to them until Sunday.

I have an all day crop tomorrow and I plan on working on recipe cards. Just easier for me to haul at this point.

I'll catch up as I can.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, the colors aren't that bright in real life. The scanner did that for some odd reason. I even tried to mess with it but it only made it worse, especially the yellow-green which is more a light green than it is yellow at all so...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Vivian loves BLING Said:
Here are the ones I finished earlier today and last night:

Opening pages

Pages 2&3

I want critique, especially things I could add. I'm trying to make the rest of the pages very similar so the critique will help those pages alot. Remember the pink pages are not for anyone in particular right now so I can't add the calendars and such details.

I love these and am totally going to scraplift these pages. To me, it looks like a totally different style for you and I just love it. The space on the 1st month pages on the bottom left, what is that extra space for? A space for the mom to add special things from the baby there?

Those are two frames for photos. The typical newborn shot and something else. She could put journaling if she wants.

The pink pages don't have the calendars on them yet since I don't know who these will go to. That blank spot above the pink "1" is for the calendar which I'll add when I know who is getting it and when they're baby is to be born. None of the pink pages are 100% done.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
So WHEN is it a good time to diet? I need to quit cooking. Buy prepackaged, caloried counted stuff and buckle down.

You can still cook your amazing food, just 'healthier'. lol Remember, that prepackaged, caloried counted stuff is full of preservatives and things you don't want to eat. Plus, you can't let your amazing cooking skills go to waste.

That's been a big goal of mine. To not eat preservatives and artificial stuff. I think it's made a huge difference.

My problem is that I feel hungry ALL the time. Add that to emotional eating and it's a miracle I'm not bigger than I am.

Exercise is what I need to do. Typing and scrapping just ain't burning enough calories.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Gee I've just got back from taking a peek at the wedding Erin was in and expected heaps of pages to catch up on. Only 1, where is everyone?

Viv those pages are looking great, well done in getting so many done, mind you it obviously helps to have your internet down, must have driven you crazy.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Sorry what kind of treat are you going to receive in Irleand?
No I never been to Vietnam and as you Know I worked for 20 years as a travel agent and I never sent anybody to Vietnam to Cambodia yes lots of people for honeymoon,sorry I can`t help you.

By saying it is my treat to go to Ireland, I mean that I've always wanted to go there because all my ancestors on my mother and father's side are from Ireland. So my husband promised me I would be able to go and visit there, but every time we go overseas we seem to go places that he wants to go, and really, I am happy just to travel so haven't minded where we went, but I still wanted to make sure I got to sea Ireland so he has made that a special part of this trip for me.

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene
In response to slywalker

Hi Ladies, I was talking to Lesley on the phone last night and she said I was invited to join the Circle of Friends group. Thank you so much for the invite, I'd love to join, it sounds like a great group.

I love the idea of having friends on the other side of the world and look forward to having my LO critiqued.

We're in the process of painting our house at the moment, so things are a bit of a mess. I haven't had a chance to scrap for weeks and I'll have to pack up my scraproom in the next few days so we can paint it too. I think I'll use this as a chance to tidy up a lot of my stash and maybe even get a bit more organised!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
I have to go and get our bedroom back into some sort of order as it was painted today.

Bye for now

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Gaelene

Hi, Gaelene. Glad you decided to join us. This group gives very helpful critique and it has done a lot to improve my scrapping. Plus I have made some wonderful friends.

What color are you painting your scraproom?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Hi Lesley - how was the wedding?

Viv - love the new baby books. It is so cool how you can do two at once. I'm such a fuddy duddy, I have to go from beginning to end and work so slowly. Although the project I am working on right now I'm starting on the last page.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Hi Marlene, I've missed you, you haven't been on much the past few days.

The wedding was lovely thanks, very small but the bride would have preferred something at home with even less people if she had her way totally, and only dressed as a bride and did the whole thing because her mum wanted it. She was quite emotional through the service so I think when she looks back on her pics she will be glad she did things the way she did.

Erin looked lovely and we could tell she was pregnant both in the slight bump and the 2 puppies (that was what you called them wasn't it?..lol..)

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I am still not able to change my Avatar pic, don't know whats going on.

I worked out why all the pics I had taken and marked private album were showing in my gallery, somehow the 'password requirement' had been removed.

All those pics I took from the bush behind our place and of our home which were only for the eyes of this group were all showing up and 1 lady had gone through and commented on quite a few and I wondered how she got to see them, anyway they are back in the pte album now with a p/word.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Forgot to say Marlene, that scroll on the 'Murphy' page was from your Xmas Cart that you sent down for Gaelene & I.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Heading off to bed, catch up with you ladies in the morning.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Good morning, ladies!

Gaelene, we are so excited to have you!!!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 07:17 AM

Good morning girls!!!!
Yesterday i had a crop day at home for myself.My kids are out of home and my dh was sitting beside me playing at the computer so this is all I made.TFL.
SANTA SLEEPING By Luzma
PRESENTS 2008 By Luzma
SUMMER MOMENT By Luzma

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 07:20 AM

Hi Vivian,your baby album is going to be fantastic those pages are really so pretty and cute and what a great work you done!!!!
Luzma

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 07:24 AM
In response to Gaelene

Wow my friend,glad to have you here!!!!
How was your trip??? I`m waiting for your fantastic trip layouts...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
XOXO
Luzma

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Well, I am outta here for the year! Right up near the top of my list (if not at the top) of good things that happened to me this year is definitely meeting all of you. Thank you so much for, well, everything! You guys help me make it through my 10 hour days at work and most importantly, you are the first female friends I have had in as long as I can remember. I hope to meet some more of you in person this year and I look forward to our creativity, fun and friendship in the coming year.

Shannon, We love you!

Now THAT'S a GREAT way to start off the New Year!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mrsmiller

good morning ladies

Welcome Gaelene

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Good Morning ladies, only just eaten breakfast and its 9.40am, late for me. Have the girls/boys here so just sitting around chatting.

Figure if we say weight ourselves on Sunday our own times, then keep our own track of that. Then every Sunday we put up whether we have lost or put on and how much...along the way we can add helpful hints on how to get through situations, and offer recipes (low cal of course but that doesn't mean nasty).

I am so in on this! Especially after Ariel saw my butt yesterday and told me I needed to go on a diet. I told her that only J sees it and she comes back with, "Yeah, he has to look at THAT EVERY night." I almost strangled her!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hello ladies,first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! and thank you so much to accept me on your group.I`m really so so happy!
The most important thing I want to say to everybody here that my native language is spanish.
I live in Santiago Chile.So I`m sorry if I make mistakes with my english.Now some details of myself
~*~Luzma~*~ Profile/Gallery
1. What is your name? Luz Maria
2. When is your birthday? June 29
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Rodrigo. We have been married for just over 14 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have a son, Rodrigo (Yoyo). He is 10 years old and a daughter,Bernardita (Nini).She is 12 years old.
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? My cricut,papers,ribbon,stam ps,buttons.....all
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? Now im a SAHM but I worked as a travel agent for 20 years
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? I think this group have great talented artists and I will learn a lot.I`ve been scrapping for almost 1 1/2 year so I want to learn lots of new thins,techniques etc.

WELCOME LUZ!!!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi I want to share my first 2009 LO,it`s a funny one!TFL
I CAN`T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!! By Luzma

You sure do love the stuff! You could tell that just by the pics. Here is the comment that I left...
This is cute, adorable, funny and bright! I love it!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Always Exploring By Slywalker

this was my first LO playing with my new Cricut Carts. Mostly the Font Carts, just to see how they came out and changing sizes etc, not 100% happy but learnt a lot.

That is a wonderful lo for a first try! Here is the comment that I left:
LOVE what you did with the Cricut! Those are beautiful colors together and of course, I love the subject matter!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Xmas Card Memories By Slywalker

Lesley, I am speechless! This is my favorite lo of yours. What a great idea!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

She is absolutely adorable! I love the colors that you used and that house is adorable!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Baby Albums 4&5

Baby Gift Albums 6&7

Baby Gift Albums 8&9

Baby Albums 10&11

Baby Album 12&13

Ya can see where/how I'm going with these? I'm now trying to use up the scraps left from previous pages to get the last 3 pages in each album done. I won't be going back to them until Sunday.

I have an all day crop tomorrow and I plan on working on recipe cards. Just easier for me to haul at this point.

I'll catch up as I can.

Viv, these are absolutely ADORABLE! They turned out so beautiful!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Gaelene

• Gaelene Said:
Hi Ladies, I was talking to Lesley on the phone last night and she said I was invited to join the Circle of Friends group. Thank you so much for the invite, I'd love to join, it sounds like a great group.

I love the idea of having friends on the other side of the world and look forward to having my LO critiqued.

We're in the process of painting our house at the moment, so things are a bit of a mess. I haven't had a chance to scrap for weeks and I'll have to pack up my scraproom in the next few days so we can paint it too. I think I'll use this as a chance to tidy up a lot of my stash and maybe even get a bit more organised!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
I have to go and get our bedroom back into some sort of order as it was painted today.

Bye for now

Welcome Gaelene!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

So check this out: J decide he was bored out of his mind and he would drive me anywhere so we went to the biggest candy store in Michigan. On the way there, I noticed we were going by Novi and I just happened to have my Archiver's Coupons ... So on the way back from the candy store, we tried to find Archiver's and while we were lost, J got a speeding ticket! $125 later... we found Archiver's. So I told him I'd be quick and he told me that if he was going to get a ticket for trying to find the scrapbook store that I had better shop my butt off! Well, um ok. Needless to say, Archiver's was not the same w/o my ladies and I felt incredibly bad about his ticket so we didn't stay long. I only spent $15 (we spent $35 at the candy store!)

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 09:04 AM
In response to mrsmiller

I would LOOOVE to visit an Archiver`s store.I always see the pic at the magazines ant it looks TERRIFIC!!!!
Thanks so much for your lovely and fun comments!!!

Edited by Luzma on 01-03-09 09:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

No problem! Archiver's has a lot of nice stuff in it but it is a bit more expensive than other places.
So, what time zone do you live in?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hi, I'm here for a few minutes.

Love the new pages Luz. You sure do work at lightening speed.

My mom was here for a few minutes I walked her out the door, when I got back Betty wasn't under my feet which is usual. I called, she didn't come - also unusual. I found her inside an empty 40# dog food bag. She couldn't figure out how to back out.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I like Archivers and can't really say they are more expensive because a lot of the stuff you can't get other places. Seems to me Michaels is more expensive but has great Coupons . The internet stores may seem cheaper but aren't really when you add shipping and handling. Can we add the cost of waiting? I think the most expensive is Paperwishes.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
I like Archivers and can't really say they are more expensive because a lot of the stuff you can't get other places. Seems to me Michaels is more expensive but has great Coupons . The internet stores may seem cheaper but aren't really when you add shipping and handling. Can we add the cost of waiting? I think the most expensive is Paperwishes.

Silly Betty!
Yeah Marlene, I see your point. I usually only buy things on sale/clearance/with a coupon. So paying full price makes it seem more expensive. And I buy more at Archiver's because they do have stuff that you can't get other places.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 10:13 AM
In response to mrsmiller

Girls I`ve to buy almost everything at the internet.I`ve a po Box in Miami but when they arrives to Chile I`ve to pay all the custom taxes.
All of you are soo lucky!!!!
Now mi time zone is eastern time+2.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Girls I`ve to buy almost everything at the internet.I`ve a po Box in Miami but when they arrives to Chile I`ve to pay all the custom taxes.

Does someone mail the items to you from your po box?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

It is a five hour drive to a city from my house.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Luz Maria - I asked my son how to pronounce your name and he said Loose, it means light - is he right?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Abby is in the UP right now with her grandparents. They went from Michigan to Illinois to Wisconsin (to see the "House on the Rock") then up to Escanaba and they should be in the LP tonight.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Luz Maria - I asked my son how to pronounce your name and he said Loose, it means light - is he right?

Oh, that is really pretty!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

It is very cold but the skies are clear.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Most of Michigan is supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Oh goody! I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere. Don't you think it'd be a nice time to visit Luz or Lesley? Summer! YaHoo!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I just looked at my globe to see the juxtaposition of Michigan to Tasmania and Chile. Michigan is 45 degrees latitude and so is Tasmania and Santiago is about 42 degrees. So why do we get the crappy winters?

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 11:14 AM

Ohh girls I was swimming in the pool,come on join me.LOL
Yes Luz means light and Maria is from Virgin Mary.
and yes this is the pronunciation Luuuuz LOL.
The company transexpress deliver all the boxes from Miami to my home it takes about 10-15 days...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
The company transexpress deliver all the boxes from Miami to my home it takes about 10-15 days...

Oh, that is a good idea! The pool and the delivery...
Marlene, let's go! Maybe the delivery company will take us from Miami to Luz for cheaper...

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 11:24 AM
In response to mrsmiller

Off to the pool and my Nora Roberts book.I`ll be waiting for you girls,its 4Oclock here and the sun leave us at 9.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luzma

Enjoy the sun and it's warmth. I only feel the warmth when the sun has been shining in my car for a while...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I'm game!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Hey ladies! I've read everything you've written and have looked at the amazing layouts, but I just don't have the energy to catch up right now. I'm not feeling so good today. I've already taken 1 nap and Noah is being a little stink pot. He is currently sitting in his high chair whining because he doesn't want to eat the food on the tray.

I liked Archiver's and wish it was closer to me!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

Feel better Leesa!
Enjoy the rest of your day Luz!
Think spring Marlene!
Sorry I missed everyone else. I'll be back Monday morning.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

Bye, Shannon!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Leesa, sorry you're not feeling well. A cranky kid doesn't help either. Sketch a lay out, take your mind off things.

My dh committed us to go to dinner at his brother's. They cook without onions or spices. I practically put onions on ice cream! I don't eat them raw but I love them any other way and miss them when they're not included.

See ya Monday Shannon.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Luz, Gaelene and everyone else- I have a few questions so we can get to know eachother better. Don't feel pressure to answer, only if you want to. (I figured since there are 2 new members that this would be a fun thing for us to do.) (Yes, I know... these are VERY random questions.)

1. What is your favorite brand of paper?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap?
4. What are your favorite color(s)?
5. What are your least favorite color(s)?
6. How tall are you?
7. What is your favorite smell?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do?
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?

*Feel free to ask some random/fun questions of your own!*

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Leesa, sorry you're not feeling well. A cranky kid doesn't help either. Sketch a lay out, take your mind off things.

My dh committed us to go to dinner at his brother's. They cook without onions or spices. I practically put onions on ice cream! I don't eat them raw but I love them any other way and miss them when they're not included.

See ya Monday Shannon.

Hey Marlene! How have you been? I've missed ya around. I can relate about the onions and spices thing. My MIL is NOT a very good cook and I hate going over there for dinner. Everything is SO bland!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Only Viv answered me the other day. I asked everyone which is their dominant hand, right or left?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Even if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm going to say it anyway. I am a pretty good cook. It makes it hard to eat a bad cook's stuff. Anyone else that way?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? BasicGrey , for sure!
2. What is your favorite food? When I'm not pregnant... seafood! As of right now, anything that doesn't make me feel sick.
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap? I love scrapping anything of Noah and wedding pictures. I still need to get my wedding album done! That is on my goal list for this year.
4. What are your favorite color(s)? I love PINK!
5. What are your least favorite color(s)? There really aren't any colors I don't like.
6. How tall are you? 5 feet 6 inches (That is 167.64 centimeters.)
7. What is your favorite smell? Nothing at the moment. I'm not really sure normally either. DH loves the smell of freshly cut grass, me... not so much.
8. What is your favorite season? Late Spring into early Summer! I love the smell, the flowers and the warmth.
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? No other real hobbies, but I do love to spend time with my DH and DS. In seasons other than winter, we like to walk and ride our bikes all over our town.
10. What is your favorite holiday and why? I love Thanksgiving: it isn't as stressful as Christmas, I love Fall colors, the food is awesome and getting to spend time with family.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Only Viv answered me the other day. I asked everyone which is their dominant hand, right or left?

I answered, too! lol I said that my dominant hand is my right hand and that its hard to do things with my left hand.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

All of you Cricut owners! Viv we know you are close, just a few more days. I challenge you to cut letters out of the ugliest paper you have, it is a great way to use that stuff up.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Even if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm going to say it anyway. I am a pretty good cook. It makes it hard to eat a bad cook's stuff. Anyone else that way?

I would say I'm a fairly good cook, too. At least I use spices and try to make things tasteful. It is really hard to eat my MIL's food because it usually doesn't have much of a taste. Now, my mom is a GREAT cook and everyone loves her food. I grew up with that so its hard to eat food that isn't as good.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
All of you Cricut owners! Viv we know you are close, just a few more days. I challenge you to cut letters out of the ugliest paper you have, it is a great way to use that stuff up.

That is a good idea. There is ALWAYS a paper in a collection that I don't like. I'm going to use it up that way.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

sorry I missed your post Leesa.

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Right now it's Crate Paper , tomorrow it will be something else. I love Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket .
2. What is your favorite food? beans and rice.
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap? my family, everyday events.
4. What are your favorite color(s)? green
5. What are your least favorite color(s)? I like shades of all colors but don't use purple or orange very much.
6. How tall are you? 5'3" (152.4 centimeters)
7. What is your favorite smell? lavender
8. What is your favorite season? summer
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? cooking and traveling
10. What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. It's all about the food and family.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

This is a perfect example. The paper that Matty was cut from was so busy.

Matty at 21
By Scrap4brains

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Well I just got the word to get ready to go over for dinner. Maybe I'll eat a sandwich first.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Well I'm off to my dinner date. BBL. Ciao Baby!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Well I just got the word to get ready to go over for dinner. Maybe I'll eat a sandwich first.

Good luck!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 03:00 PM

right hand.
I don`t like onion but if its well cooked I love it,sometimes hurt my stomach I`ve gastritis.
Today we`ll go to the cinema and then to a sushi bar sounds good!!!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 03:06 PM
In response to Luzma

My mind`s eye,basic grey,scribble scrabble,october afternoon,Dream street papers.
Sushi and rice with scramled eggs and tomato salad.
My family and trips ( I think is a little hard to make fun and attractive trip los)
green,light blue,black and white.
any one
6. How tall are you?
So little 1m 50 cms (I don`t know in inches)
Flowers and fresh and warm bread.
I love all seasons.We have the 4 season.I love clothes so it`s funny to change LOL.
Yes,painting,cross stitch and I`m takin sewing lessons.I learned paper piecing this year,so fu and easy.
Christmas,because is so beautiful and for de religious sense.(I dont knoi if I said it right)

Edited by Luzma on 01-03-09 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
My mind`s eye,basic grey,scribble scrabble,october afternoon,Dream street papers.
Sushi and rice with scramled eggs and tomato salad.
My family and trips ( I think is a little hard to make fun and attractive trip los)
green,light blue,black and white.
any one
6. How tall are you?
So little 1m 50 cms (I don`t know in inches)

Flowers and fresh and warm bread.
I love all seasons.We have the 4 season.I love clothes so it`s funny to change LOL.
Yes,painting,cross stitch and I`m takin sewing lessons.I learned paper piecing this year,so fu and easy.
Christmas,because is so beautiful and for de religious sense.(I dont knoi if I said it right)

That would be about 4 ft 11 or 12 inches.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
right hand.
I don`t like onion but if its well cooked I love it,sometimes hurt my stomach I`ve gastritis.
Today we`ll go to the cinema and then to a sushi bar sounds good!!!

Sushi sounds soooo good!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Good morning girls!!!!
Yesterday i had a crop day at home for myself.My kids are out of home and my dh was sitting beside me playing at the computer so this is all I made.TFL.
SANTA SLEEPING By Luzma
PRESENTS 2008 By Luzma
SUMMER MOMENT By Luzma

Luzma these are all great LO's. Love all the mixed elements you have used in them all, especially love the ? dog/bear in the 1st LO, I thought it was a bear then started to think it was a dog Help!! and was that from a Cricut Cart?
Haven't left comments in gallery yet, will do so later today.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Good Morning ladies, only just eaten breakfast and its 9.40am, late for me. Have the girls/boys here so just sitting around chatting.

Figure if we say weight ourselves on Sunday our own times, then keep our own track of that. Then every Sunday we put up whether we have lost or put on and how much...along the way we can add helpful hints on how to get through situations, and offer recipes (low cal of course but that doesn't mean nasty).

I am so in on this! Especially after Ariel saw my butt yesterday and told me I needed to go on a diet. I told her that only J sees it and she comes back with, "Yeah, he has to look at THAT EVERY night." I almost strangled her!

love Ariel she sounds just like my dh, he makes the comments, dd's think it and drop subtle hints...well .... my butt is one to beat all butts...no rear end photos of me ...so... here we go

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
So check this out: J decide he was bored out of his mind and he would drive me anywhere so we went to the biggest candy store in Michigan. On the way there, I noticed we were going by Novi and I just happened to have my Archiver's Coupons ... So on the way back from the candy store, we tried to find Archiver's and while we were lost, J got a speeding ticket! $125 later... we found Archiver's. So I told him I'd be quick and he told me that if he was going to get a ticket for trying to find the scrapbook store that I had better shop my butt off! Well, um ok. Needless to say, Archiver's was not the same w/o my ladies and I felt incredibly bad about his ticket so we didn't stay long. I only spent $15 (we spent $35 at the candy store!)

Just happened to have the Coupons with you!!!...mmmm, well done Shannon, but disappointed you only spent $15, then again, I guess the ticket makes up for it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

My mom was here for a few minutes I walked her out the door, when I got back Betty wasn't under my feet which is usual. I called, she didn't come - also unusual. I found her inside an empty 40# dog food bag. She couldn't figure out how to back out.

Clever dog that Betty, she always finds the food doesn't she....

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Oh choices, choices, if only we had them here, Gaelene even drove up to Launceston (2 hrs north of Hobart) to a store she used to buy heaps at, but was really disappointed to see that that has even 'gone to the dogs' now...we just don't have much choice and certainly none with Coupons .

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:

Oh Luzma thats a bit of a bugger having to pay taxes when you get your goods into the country. We don't have to do that here but if we bought in large quantities we would have to pay import duties. We also find it better to by online, things are so much cheaper in the States.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Abby is in the UP right now with her grandparents. They went from Michigan to Illinois to Wisconsin (to see the "House on the Rock") then up to Escanaba and they should be in the LP tonight.

Ok Shannon, whats 'UP' and whats 'LP'...dumb or lacking in knowledge, but couldn't work them out. Only know that Wisconsin would be a fair drive from your place wouldn't it?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

I'm back from my crop and desperately trying to catch up.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I just looked at my globe to see the juxtaposition of Michigan to Tasmania and Chile. Michigan is 45 degrees latitude and so is Tasmania and Santiago is about 42 degrees. So why do we get the crappy winters?

Mmmm don't know Marlene, but our summer so far has been pretty crappy, but we have a glorious day today. I go between 3/4 trousers and T-Shirts to long trousers and thick long sleeve tops on a daily basis. January usually is pretty 'iffy' sort of weather here though, February and March are usually the best.

Once I've caught up I'll head off on a walk today and will have to put sun screen on so I don't get burnt again, but yesterday I didn't go because it was raining on and off and really cold.

I would love Luzma's climate.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Luzma Said:

Oh, that is a good idea! The pool and the delivery...
Marlene, let's go! Maybe the delivery company will take us from Miami to Luz for cheaper...

...lol...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Off to the pool and my Nora Roberts book.I`ll be waiting for you girls,its 4Oclock here and the sun leave us at 9.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 03:53 PM
In response to slywalker

Hi sweetie!!! It`s a bear tag I bought at a local store.Thanks for your words.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Hey ladies! I've read everything you've written and have looked at the amazing layouts, but I just don't have the energy to catch up right now. I'm not feeling so good today. I've already taken 1 nap and Noah is being a little stink pot. He is currently sitting in his high chair whining because he doesn't want to eat the food on the tray.

I liked Archiver's and wish it was closer to me!

Gee you still feeling yucky Leesa, must be getting close to getting better, fingers crossed for you that it won't be long now....must be a girl to be giving you so much trouble.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 03:54 PM
In response to Luzma

I just made this one!!!
BENJA By Luzma

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Feel better Leesa!
Enjoy the rest of your day Luz!
Think spring Marlene!
Sorry I missed everyone else. I'll be back Monday morning.

Bye Shannon, sorry I missed you.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Clever dog that Betty, she always finds the food doesn't she....

LOL- That is pretty funny!!! I didn't see this before. Gotta love that Betty.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 03:56 PM
In response to slywalker

Lesley those ????? (I don`t know in english monitos) are so funny.I don`t know how to do that.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

See ya Monday Shannon.

Cannot imagine main meal dishes without onions or/and spices....pull out at the onions on ice cream though...but I love them raw...my favourite sandwich is tomato and onion raw with lots of pepper and salt.

Knowing you, you will have a great time anyway.

We are going to Hobart again today, Katie wants Erin to experience that Chinese Restaurant that I tell you about which I reckon is the 2nd best one I've ever been to, the only better one is on 57th Street N York where they do 'Hunan' food, really spicy which I love and not seen chinese food from that particular region of China cooked anywhere else.

We'll enjoy it tonight especially if this nice weather keeps up. They are also leaving their hire car today so will be coming back up here with us so Erin will be able to sit in the front and 'animal watch' for me, dh usually sleeps on the way home and I have to watch for the Roos on the road as well as handle the horrible bends.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics