Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi I want to share my first 2009 LO,it`s a funny one!TFL
I CAN`T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!! By Luzma

Fun layout! Love the pix of you and your love. Great colors and pp combo!

I wouldn't change a thing!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Only Viv answered me the other day. I asked everyone which is their dominant hand, right or left?

So sorry Marlene, I did see that and 4got to reply. I am absolutely dominant right handed which really surprises me because my mum and nan were both left handed. When it comes to Scrapping I must admit I'm glad because when we go to classes they demonstrate everything right handed it seems and Gaelene who is left handed as I'm sure she'll tell you now, has to stop and think and turn things around.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Even if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm going to say it anyway. I am a pretty good cook. It makes it hard to eat a bad cook's stuff. Anyone else that way?

Mmmm can imagine you and Viv together Marlene, you could cook us up a storm thats for sure.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
All of you Cricut owners! Viv we know you are close, just a few more days. I challenge you to cut letters out of the ugliest paper you have, it is a great way to use that stuff up.

I sure have some very old and very ugly paper, so I can do that. Funnny when we buy paper we love it, then it gets put away in the stash to be quickly forgotten and then it becomes ugly..funny that...my girls were saying the other day when I said I want the new 'Bittersweet' BG range, that I have far too much paper, I just laughed, told them I could never have too much, now I can tell them I collect it so it can grow old and 'ugly'.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
sorry I missed your post Leesa.

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Right now it's Crate Paper , tomorrow it will be something else. I love Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket .
2. What is your favorite food? beans and rice.
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap? my family, everyday events.
4. What are your favorite color(s)? green
5. What are your least favorite color(s)? I like shades of all colors but don't use purple or orange very much.
6. How tall are you? 5'3" (152.4 centimeters)
7. What is your favorite smell? lavender
8. What is your favorite season? summer
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? cooking and traveling
10. What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. It's all about the food and family.

Marlene, sure you haven't crept up an inch there? I don't want to be the shortest, thought we were the same...just have to make sure its you standing next to Pam in the next gathering pic and not me cause I'm even shorter.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
right hand.
I don`t like onion but if its well cooked I love it,sometimes hurt my stomach I`ve gastritis.
Today we`ll go to the cinema and then to a sushi bar sounds good!!!

Sounds good Luzma, I'm not a real lover of Sushi but only because I can't stand seaweed, if we do go and have it I pick all that off and eat the inside filling.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Even if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm going to say it anyway. I am a pretty good cook. It makes it hard to eat a bad cook's stuff. Anyone else that way?

Mmmm can imagine you and Viv together Marlene, you could cook us up a storm thats for sure.

I'm sure I'll catch up to this but Marlene is very right. It's one of the reasons I don't like to go out to eat except for certain things that I don't make at home.

My mother is a really great cook and she's even harder to please at restaurants.

I also love feeding others. I kinda think of it as loving on others to feed them so the food must always not only taste good but look good. That's just me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Have you read anything about the aspertame, Yvonne? I wonder if that can be part of why you are so sick so often. It is totally possible.

Just what I was thinking. Docs don't think to ask about this but with the rise in "mystery" illnesses since the release of these products into the market has me very suspicious. I know too many women in particular, since men don't get hooked on diet drinks like women do, going through a battery of tests and nothing is showing up as the cause of their problems. There has to be link. Many are being told it's all in their heads and to see a shrink.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Gee I've just got back from taking a peek at the wedding Erin was in and expected heaps of pages to catch up on. Only 1, where is everyone?

Viv those pages are looking great, well done in getting so many done, mind you it obviously helps to have your internet down, must have driven you crazy.

Only a "little" bit. I kept wondering what I was missing and how much I'd have to catch up on. But I got alot of other stuff done.

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 01-03-09 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Abby is in the UP right now with her grandparents. They went from Michigan to Illinois to Wisconsin (to see the "House on the Rock") then up to Escanaba and they should be in the LP tonight.

Ok Shannon, whats 'UP' and whats 'LP'...dumb or lacking in knowledge, but couldn't work them out. Only know that Wisconsin would be a fair drive from your place wouldn't it?

LP and UP are Michigan things. If you look at our state we have a Lower Peninsula (LP) and the Upper Peninsula (UP). Make sense?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Hey ladies! I've read everything you've written and have looked at the amazing layouts, but I just don't have the energy to catch up right now. I'm not feeling so good today. I've already taken 1 nap and Noah is being a little stink pot. He is currently sitting in his high chair whining because he doesn't want to eat the food on the tray.

I liked Archiver's and wish it was closer to me!

Gee you still feeling yucky Leesa, must be getting close to getting better, fingers crossed for you that it won't be long now....must be a girl to be giving you so much trouble.

I sure hope its a girl! hehe Yeah, I'm hoping to start feeling better soon. It has been since Thanksgiving that I've been sick.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
I just made this one!!!
BENJA By Luzma

Gaelene and I have always loved that houndstooth paper but haven't been able to get it here or find it online, what brand is that?

Another lovely LO, will leave comments with the others later.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
I just made this one!!!
BENJA By Luzma

Wow! How in the world are you so fast at these layouts?!?! This one is awesome! I love the design and the colors! I really love the buttons.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Lesley those ????? (I don`t know in english monitos) are so funny.I don`t know how to do that.

Yep they are cute aren't they. Shannon gave me the site and she has created a monster I think, I love them, and because I tend to ramble on a bit as if I'm talking on a phone, I find they help me cut things down a bit...well,just a little bit anyway.

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

That is the site, and you just select the category you want, then the smilie you want and highlight it and paste in here.

Easy, you can be as funny or cute as you like, sometimes we are 'naughty' on here...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Abby is in the UP right now with her grandparents. They went from Michigan to Illinois to Wisconsin (to see the "House on the Rock") then up to Escanaba and they should be in the LP tonight.

Ok Shannon, whats 'UP' and whats 'LP'...dumb or lacking in knowledge, but couldn't work them out. Only know that Wisconsin would be a fair drive from your place wouldn't it?

LP and UP are Michigan things. If you look at our state we have a Lower Peninsula (LP) and the Upper Peninsula (UP). Make sense?

Oh too easy, thanks Leesa.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Yea !! I'm ACU, only taken a couple of hours plus some...actually I had an hour long phone call in between. So I will get on with the questions in a separate post, then head off on a walk.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Sorry about the previous thread jacking.

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Definitely Basic Grey , then Cosmo Cricket and Making Memories

2. What is your favorite food?
Curried Scallops and rice, closely followed by the
good old Aussie Sausage barbequed.

3. What is your favorite topic to scrap?
Wedding at the moment, family, and travel (agree with Luzma in that it's hard to do unique style travel pages

4. What are your favorite color(s)?
Blue, lighter shades of green, peach, pink

5. What are your least favorite color(s)?
any one - Purple, Orange

6. How tall are you?
OK, I'll be honest, 5 foot 2 inches and shrinking

7. What is your favorite smell?
Vanilla or Shea Butter scented body lotions, and yes I love bread cooking as well (not that I do it now)

8. What is your favorite season?
Living in a colder climate I can definitely say Summer

9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do?
Reading, and Quilting, Cross Stitch & knitting (although don't get much time for last 2 these days)

10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
We only have Christmas and Easter, and I think maybe christmas but it is so much work it may just come in as 2nd favourite behind Easter, love Easter as its much more relaxed.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Gaelene

• Gaelene Said:
Hi Ladies, I was talking to Lesley on the phone last night and she said I was invited to join the Circle of Friends group. Thank you so much for the invite, I'd love to join, it sounds like a great group.

I love the idea of having friends on the other side of the world and look forward to having my LO critiqued.

We're in the process of painting our house at the moment, so things are a bit of a mess. I haven't had a chance to scrap for weeks and I'll have to pack up my scraproom in the next few days so we can paint it too. I think I'll use this as a chance to tidy up a lot of my stash and maybe even get a bit more organised!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
I have to go and get our bedroom back into some sort of order as it was painted today.

Bye for now

Hello! Sounds like lots of changes for you there. Don't forget to take before, during and after pix.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Lesley - how was the wedding?

Viv - love the new baby books. It is so cool how you can do two at once. I'm such a fuddy duddy, I have to go from beginning to end and work so slowly. Although the project I am working on right now I'm starting on the last page.

By doing these kits which have about the same things in them, I don't have to come back later and start from scratch for the 2nd album. With only digital images I won't have exact measurements and such. By doing both at the same time, I can get things lined up so much better for when I'm ready to complete the girls album.

Plus storing the album will take way less room than the box with all the pieces in it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Good Morning ladies, only just eaten breakfast and its 9.40am, late for me. Have the girls/boys here so just sitting around chatting.

Figure if we say weight ourselves on Sunday our own times, then keep our own track of that. Then every Sunday we put up whether we have lost or put on and how much...along the way we can add helpful hints on how to get through situations, and offer recipes (low cal of course but that doesn't mean nasty).

I am so in on this! Especially after Ariel saw my butt yesterday and told me I needed to go on a diet. I told her that only J sees it and she comes back with, "Yeah, he has to look at THAT EVERY night." I almost strangled her!

Yeah, THAT child needs a bit of strangling.

I must remember to weigh myself first thing tomorrow.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Always Exploring By Slywalker

this was my first LO playing with my new Cricut Carts. Mostly the Font Carts, just to see how they came out and changing sizes etc, not 100% happy but learnt a lot.

I love the use of the negatives for "life's little...moments." Great color mix. Cute embellies. Cute page!

I hate when certain letters don't line up. I've already read your previews critiques about the P and Y in Murphy. You either have to make it all caps or use a smaller size for those two letters if you use them on the bottom like this.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Obviously, I'm thread jacking.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

These are the pages I got done yesterday:

Baby Albums 14&15

Baby Albums 16&17

Still need to do the last 3 pages for each of these albums. They'll be a birthday themed 2-pager and closing page.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Good Morning ladies, only just eaten breakfast and its 9.40am, late for me. Have the girls/boys here so just sitting around chatting.

Figure if we say weight ourselves on Sunday our own times, then keep our own track of that. Then every Sunday we put up whether we have lost or put on and how much...along the way we can add helpful hints on how to get through situations, and offer recipes (low cal of course but that doesn't mean nasty).

I am so in on this! Especially after Ariel saw my butt yesterday and told me I needed to go on a diet. I told her that only J sees it and she comes back with, "Yeah, he has to look at THAT EVERY night." I almost strangled her!

I must remember to weigh myself first thing tomorrow. :p

I could weigh myself weekly and tell you how much I'm gaining... hahaha

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Xmas Card Memories By Slywalker

Lesley! This is gorgeous! I think it's great they used this for their card AND that you scrapped it this way!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Leesa. Well, as long as you don't gain too quickly, you're the only one here that should be gaining.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
So check this out: J decide he was bored out of his mind and he would drive me anywhere so we went to the biggest candy store in Michigan. On the way there, I noticed we were going by Novi and I just happened to have my Archiver's Coupons ... So on the way back from the candy store, we tried to find Archiver's and while we were lost, J got a speeding ticket! $125 later... we found Archiver's. So I told him I'd be quick and he told me that if he was going to get a ticket for trying to find the scrapbook store that I had better shop my butt off! Well, um ok. Needless to say, Archiver's was not the same w/o my ladies and I felt incredibly bad about his ticket so we didn't stay long. I only spent $15 (we spent $35 at the candy store!)

Oh, no to the speeding ticket. The big question is "can you NOW find ARchivers" next time you go there?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I've yet to go to an Archiver's. Can't wait and it better be good!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Leesa, sorry you're not feeling well. A cranky kid doesn't help either. Sketch a lay out, take your mind off things.

My dh committed us to go to dinner at his brother's. They cook without onions or spices. I practically put onions on ice cream! I don't eat them raw but I love them any other way and miss them when they're not included.

See ya Monday Shannon.

That sounds so bland. That's as bad as yucky food. I'd take a mini-shaker of garlic powder, onion powder and salt.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

1. What is your favorite brand of paper?
DCWV has to be my favorite since I have so much of it.

2. What is your favorite food?
Seafood- fried, broiled, chowdered, but especially as sushi or sashimi

It really doesn't matter to me. I like them all. I really like diversity in scrapping so anything goes as far as I'm concerned. Currently though, I must admit it's recipes/food.

4. What are your favorite color(s)?
Greens but anything shiny will do.

5. What are your least favorite color(s)?
I've found that I really like all colors. There is no that I can say is my least favorite. I use them all.

6. How tall are you?
5' 8"

7. What is your favorite smell?
Vanilla, Gardenias, and good food

8. What is your favorite season?
Autumn

9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do?
Candle-making, beading, crocheting, cake decorating, and sewing
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving and Seder/Passover due to all the food. I love hosting these two dinners.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
All of you Cricut owners! Viv we know you are close, just a few more days. I challenge you to cut letters out of the ugliest paper you have, it is a great way to use that stuff up.

Did I tell that dh told me today that he got me the Cricut Expression Bundle today? Well, he did. I don't get it until Friday.

Do ya know of a software, not Design Studio, that lets you use your computer fonts with the Cricut?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I was actually a little dissapointed when I went...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

Beautiful page! Love the colors. Love the use of the houses in two sizes like you did.

Great job with the masking. Love the use of Stickles for outlining.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

I was actually a little dissapointed when I went...

So? I should lower my expectations?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Good morning girls!!!!
Yesterday i had a crop day at home for myself.My kids are out of home and my dh was sitting beside me playing at the computer so this is all I made.TFL.
SANTA SLEEPING By Luzma
Love the tree you made! Great mix of papers and pix. Love this design.

PRESENTS 2008 By Luzma
CoF~Love the tree you made! Great mix of papers and pix. Love this design.

SUMMER MOMENT By Luzma
Cool mix of designs and colors.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 07:12 PM
In response to slywalker

It`s Hambly overly.I`ll look tomorrow where I bought it to tell you.The bike one I used yesterday is Hambly too.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Always Exploring By Slywalker

this was my first LO playing with my new Cricut Carts. Mostly the Font Carts, just to see how they came out and changing sizes etc, not 100% happy but learnt a lot.

I love the use of the negatives for "life's little...moments." Great color mix. Cute embellies. Cute page!

I hate when certain letters don't line up. I've already read your previews critiques about the P and Y in Murphy. You either have to make it all caps or use a smaller size for those two letters if you use them on the bottom like this.

Yea, thats the answer Viv, all caps tks and probably cut at 1" instead of 2"

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:

I must remember to weigh myself first thing tomorrow. :p

I could weigh myself weekly and tell you how much I'm gaining... hahaha

That wouldn't be fair, great now we'd be laughing, but in 6 1/2 months time we'd have to say you were cheating when you told us how much you lost..lol...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Did I tell that dh told me today that he got me the Cricut Expression Bundle today? Well, he did. I don't get it until Friday.

Do ya know of a software, not Design Studio, that lets you use your computer fonts with the Cricut?

I don't know of any viv, but when Gaelene checks in she may, she's into Design Studio pretty well but I know she is painting the house today and will probably get online later in the day or tonight.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Lesley, you are too funny!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Forgot to say, that's great news, a little earlier than you expected it isn't it? I'm sure you are going to create great things and absolutely love it. My next big expectation is to get the Design Studio once I've made absolutely sure it is compatible with Apple Macs.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
It`s Hambly overly.I`ll look tomorrow where I bought it to tell you.The bike one I used yesterday is Hambly too.

I just love Hambly overlays, always have them in my wish list but forget to order them, must make sure I get some next order in a couple of weeks because they look so nice.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Forgot to say, that's great news, a little earlier than you expected it isn't it? I'm sure you are going to create great things and absolutely love it. My next big expectation is to get the Design Studio once I've made absolutely sure it is compatible with Apple Macs.

Yay Viv!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Hey Leesa, are you feeling better now?

I've been for a walk and then came back to watch the cricket on Telly, (Australia is playing South Africa), should be scrapping I suppose but plan to do a bit of that tomorrow while Erin is packing.

Are we getting a new pm Leesa?

Have you used your Cricut much Leesa?

Edited by slywalker on 01-03-09 07:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to slywalker

Lesley? Leesa? Hello?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Yes, Lesley, I am feeling better. I am actually playing a board game with DH and checking in here a little bit.

I'll start a new PM in a bit.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Hey Carrie!!!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I've been unpacking today like a mad woman. For the past few days, I've been sitting around on my bum watching TV. It's been very relaxing, but I'm pretty sure my mom wants my stuff out of her living room and into my room. So, I worked like nuts today. Everything is coming together very nicely. I've found very creative ways to store toys, clothes, whatever with the space I have. I've always said I should be one of those professional organizers for other people. I love doing that.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hey Leesa!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-03-09 07:49 PM
In response to slywalker

You will love your cricut.I received mine from my dh last christmas 2007. and I LOOOOOve it and I use it so much.
Mine has name "La niña" (the girl)because one of my friends came home the day after christmas asking Where is "La niña" ???

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I checked in with my first set of classes today, and I am in for a TON of work. Only one course is worth credit this time, and it's only for 8 weeks. So, you can imagine the work load I have from that one. If I remember right, I have 5 assignments due by next Saturday.

The other 2 classes are module based, and I can complete those at my own pace, within 2 weeks. It's going to be so much work!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Welcome to our group Gaelene! So glad to have you! Any friend of Lesley's is a friend of mine.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hi Luz!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

This is so not funny. I get online, and everyone hits the road. ********.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm the friggin COF thread killer.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Yvonne, I can't get my Wii to work. HELP!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I so want the Don Juan cartridge. I'm stalking e-bay for it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

We love you, Carrie!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I so want the Don Juan cartridge. I'm stalking e-bay for it.

Oh really Carrie? I want that one too.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

[[]] We love you, Carrie!

I can't tell you how glad I am to "see" you Viv!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm not sure what 4 carts I get with the Bundle.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I was starting to talk to myself.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

The Don Juan cartridge comes with the Cricut Create. Does it come outside of that?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I surely didn't leave because of you, Carrie! DH was getting annoyed with me when I wasn't paying attention to the game we were playing.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

Hi Leesa! Oh you know me, just pouting over here.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

I still want the Plantin Schoolbook cart. It didn't come with my cart, bought Home Accents with it instead.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

What features come on the Don Juan cart?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

So I went into Einstein's this morning, and the cop was there with 2 other cops. I asked the manager (her name is Wendy) if those cops come in often. She said they are in there all the time. I told her which one I thought was cute, and she told me she thought he was single. But, she also said that she can picture him as the stereotypical abuser type. She said he is very nice to them, but he just has a rough way about him. ********. Anyway, she said she would "do some digging" for me. WOOT! If I can find out his name, I can find out just about anything I want to know, as you all know!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Carrie, you're losing it, girl.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
What features come on the Don Juan cart?

Don Juan keypad options

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

Carrie, you're losing it, girl.

Tell me about it! You should have seen me when I found out how much class work I am in for! It wasn't pretty.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I am so tired.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Carrie, you are CRAZY! hahaha

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OK, so for our diet challenge, are we going to say our weight each week? Do we start a PM so people outside our thread can't see it? Anything is fine with me, just wanted to know what you all thought.

I weighed in this morning at my meeting, and I was up 1 pound. I was so shocked because I thought for sure I would be up 2-3 pounds. I was so excited! I'm going to do my best to get back on track starting tomorrow. I want to look HOT for summer!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

I got your CRAZY!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I am so pissed I can't get my Wii to work. I know it's hooked up right, but I think it has something to do with the input button. ********.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

I got your CRAZY!

********! Now I have that song in my head!

Boy you don't try to front
I know just just what you are are are

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I forgot what it's like to live with my parents. They are watching the football game, and my dad is yelling at the TV. It just makes me smile to be back home.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK, so for our diet challenge, are we going to say our weight each week? Do we start a PM so people outside our thread can't see it? Anything is fine with me, just wanted to know what you all thought.

I weighed in this morning at my meeting, and I was up 1 pound. I was so shocked because I thought for sure I would be up 2-3 pounds. I was so excited! I'm going to do my best to get back on track starting tomorrow. I want to look HOT for summer!

We're just tracking up or down or "it's the same" thing. You can post your weight but do you really expect us to remember your weight from the previous week? I'll be doing good to remember mine.

I used to be in the habit of weighing myself every morning. Made myself stop.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I am so pissed I can't get my Wii to work. I know it's hooked up right, but I think it has something to do with the input button. ********.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:

That really stinks! Can you call someone to help you?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

I think I'm going to visit the Nintendo help website. I just don't feel like it right now.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• Meak72 Said:

We're just tracking up or down or "it's the same" thing. You can post your weight but do you really expect us to remember your weight from the previous week? I'll be doing good to remember mine.

I used to be in the habit of weighing myself every morning. Made myself stop.

Sounds good Viv. Thanks!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Well, I have to run. We are getting ready to head to the airport to pick up my brother. Good night, and I've had fun chatting with you, Lovelies!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Bye, Carrie!

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 01-03-09 08:55 PM

Baby Albums 4&5

Baby Gift Albums 6&7

Baby Gift Albums 8&9

Baby Albums 10&11

Baby Album 12&13

Ya can see where/how I'm going with these? I'm now trying to use up the scraps left from previous pages to get the last 3 pages in each album done. I won't be going back to them until Sunday.

I have an all day crop tomorrow and I plan on working on recipe cards. Just easier for me to haul at this point.

I'll catch up as I can.

that looks great!!! What a neat album!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I've been unpacking today like a mad woman. For the past few days, I've been sitting around on my bum watching TV. It's been very relaxing, but I'm pretty sure my mom wants my stuff out of her living room and into my room. So, I worked like nuts today. Everything is coming together very nicely. I've found very creative ways to store toys, clothes, whatever with the space I have. I've always said I should be one of those professional organizers for other people. I love doing that.

Hi Carrie, you'll have to take pics of your new habitat, sounds like you have settled in pretty well. We have missed you not being around.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
You will love your cricut.I received mine from my dh last christmas 2007. and I LOOOOOve it and I use it so much.
Mine has name "La niña" (the girl)because one of my friends came home the day after christmas asking Where is "La niña" ???

That's cute Luzma, I'll have to think of a name for mine...any suggestions girls?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I checked in with my first set of classes today, and I am in for a TON of work. Only one course is worth credit this time, and it's only for 8 weeks. So, you can imagine the work load I have from that one. If I remember right, I have 5 assignments due by next Saturday.

The other 2 classes are module based, and I can complete those at my own pace, within 2 weeks. It's going to be so much work!

I'm sure you'll handle it Carrie, and just think how happy you are going to be when you are fully qualified. But don't forget to check in when you are totally snowed under with study.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

I'm not sure what 4 carts I get with the Bundle.

Gee 4 carts with the machine is a bit of a bonus Viv, I have only just scratched the surface playing around with mine, but already I want more carts, have an ever growing list, but still have my camera to pay off yet.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
So I went into Einstein's this morning, and the cop was there with 2 other cops. I asked the manager (her name is Wendy) if those cops come in often. She said they are in there all the time. I told her which one I thought was cute, and she told me she thought he was single. But, she also said that she can picture him as the stereotypical abuser type. She said he is very nice to them, but he just has a rough way about him. ********. Anyway, she said she would "do some digging" for me. WOOT! If I can find out his name, I can find out just about anything I want to know, as you all know!

Scheming Carrie....I thought he'd gone off the scene as you haven't mentioned him for a while, how about the other internet guy?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
I forgot what it's like to live with my parents. They are watching the football game, and my dad is yelling at the TV. It just makes me smile to be back home.

Enjoy, because before long you'll be gritting your teeth at times and shutting your door. I'm sure my girls couldn't live here full time but sounds like you have a big place there, and your parents sound wonderful.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Just thought I'd do a little more thread jacking. I'm off to get ready now to head to Hobart for dinner at my fav Chinese restaurant.

Yes, next Saturday I think we agreed Carrie, we post how much we are either up or down....think I need a water only diet after what I ate over Xmas.

bye all for now

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene
In response to slywalker

Wow I've just read through the threads since I joined last night and it's great to see how much interaction you ladies have!! Thanks heaps for the lovely PMs.

Not sure how to keep up the conversation when I'm on a different timezone, so I made notes of some of the things you've been talking about and thought I'd try and answer them in one post (hope it's not too long!!)

Marlene - you asked what colour my scraproom will be. I've changed the curtains in the room to pink ones that were previously in our bedroom. The walls will be changed from a light cream to a colour called Sago, it's a bit darker and not so creamy. It's a big job painting the house. I'm really loving the new look but it's a lot of hard work.

Luzma - hi friend, lovely to see your on this group. Love your new LOs. You asked about our trip, we had a lovely time in Perth and I did some serious shopping in their scrapshops - they have some really good ones. I haven't had a chance to do any LO yet but hopefully will soon.

Shannon - had to laugh at your trip to the Candy Store!! My dh is great at driving me to scrapshops but luckily we haven't had a ticket, ouch!!

Marlene - I'm a lefty!! I can do somethings right handed like eating but most things to do with writing I do lefthanded.

Hi Lesley - hope you have a lovely dinner tonight. The weather has been great today, so enjoy a nice night out with the whole family before Erin & Jarrod go back on Tuesday.

Vivian - Great idea of the before, during and after pics of our new colour scheme. We have some of the before and I must take some of the during and after - sounds like a theme for a LO!!

I think the name of the software which you can use to cut fonts on the cricut is called "Sure cuts a Lot". I did read somewhere that using it makes you Cricut waranty invalid, but I have no idea how they would know, but might be worthing checking out first.

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene
In response to Gaelene

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Basic Grey & Cosmo Cricket
2. What is your favorite food? At the moment Sushi, but love mushrooms and chicken
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap? Family and trips (but also agree with Luzma it’s hard to make fun travel LO)
4. What are your favorite color(s)? pink &, burgandy
5. What are your least favorite color(s)? orange
6. How tall are you? 5’5” that’s a guess
7. What is your favorite smell? Not sure probably Vanilla
8. What is your favorite season? Spring for the flowers and Autumn for the colours
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? If I have time I love to Read. Have previously done quilting, appliqué and doll and bear making.
10. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas as the family is usually together at that time.

Cheers Gaelene

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Gaelene

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Basic Grey

2. What is your favorite food? Right now, it's chicken fingers and pizza from Verrazano's!

My Munchkins!

4. What are your favorite color(s)? PINK BABY!

5. What are your least favorite color(s)? I'm not sure about this one.

6. How tall are you? 5' 10"

7. What is your favorite smell? My shower gel.

8. What is your favorite season? Fall.

9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? I'm going to be very busy with school for the next 18 months.

10. What is your favorite holiday and why? My favorite holiday is hard to answer right now since I'm having to share my boys with the idiot who broke our family up. I'm a little bitter about holidays.

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:

Baby Albums 4&5

Baby Gift Albums 6&7

Baby Gift Albums 8&9

Baby Albums 10&11

Baby Album 12&13

Ya can see where/how I'm going with these? I'm now trying to use up the scraps left from previous pages to get the last 3 pages in each album done. I won't be going back to them until Sunday.

I have an all day crop tomorrow and I plan on working on recipe cards. Just easier for me to haul at this point.

I'll catch up as I can.

that looks great!!! What a neat album!

Wow, love the album pages. Have fun at your crop day, what a great idea doing recipe cards.

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene

• slywalker Said:
And Lastly - December Challenge, couldn't get Acrylic Album or pages here but here is mine using Transparency.

Please excuse the window in the background behind the Transparency, didn't know just how to take a pic of this one to best display. It is Erin's 2008 Xmas card, so am putting in the Xmas Album to keep as this is the last one that will have just the 2 or them in it ..lol..yea.

Xmas Card Memories By Slywalker

Lesley! This is gorgeous! I think it's great they used this for their card AND that you scrapped it this way!

This is a great LO, love the acetate background and B&W photo. Stunning work!!

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls I`ve a new one to share!TFL
HOME By Luzma

Beautiful page! Love the colors. Love the use of the houses in two sizes like you did.

Great job with the masking. Love the use of Stickles for outlining.

Beautiful LO. What a gorgeous pic of your daughter!! I really like how you did the masking of the florish and finished it off with the stickles.

Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene

• Luzma Said:
Good morning girls!!!!
Yesterday i had a crop day at home for myself.My kids are out of home and my dh was sitting beside me playing at the computer so this is all I made.TFL.
SANTA SLEEPING By Luzma
Love the tree you made! Great mix of papers and pix. Love this design.

PRESENTS 2008 By Luzma
CoF~Love the tree you made! Great mix of papers and pix. Love this design.

SUMMER MOMENT By Luzma
Cool mix of designs and colors.

Great LO Luzma, love all your LO and these are no exception. Fantastic colours and elements and the way you combine them together works perfectly.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics