Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
Gaelene
Expert
Gaelene
In response to Gaelene

I'm back to work tomorrow after the Christmas/New Year break. It was great having the time off and being able to get a lot of work done around the house, but it's back to reality tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off at 6am.

I made a start at tidying up the scraproom this morning, but at the moment it looks a lot worse for wear. I've pulled things out of draws and put them on my desk and you can't see the top of the desk now!! When I log off I'll go and see if I can make it a bit tidier. DH says to let him know when he can paint it, "as long as it's this century" He thinks he's funny - LOL!!

After spending most of the holidays painting we gave ourselves the afternoon off and went out for lunch today. It was nice weather and nice to do something relaxing before we go back to work.

I'm hoping it's a quiet start to the week at work tomorrow and I might even get a chance to pop in and have a chat while others are online.

Off to clean up the scraproom now, bye

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Viv - there is a program called Sure Scraps A Lot. I've seen a lot of people on this site talk about it. Some claim there are problems with it and some say it works fine. The one caution is that it voids your warranty. My Expression was still under warranty is why I went with DS.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Yes, it's Sure Cuts A Lot, I knew it "scraps" didn't sound right. I do know that it's British.

Lesley - I love Asian food, almost any kind. We have a Chinese restaurant here and the owners are from Hunan district and the food is really good.

Today, my son is leaving to go on his trip to the Pacific Northwest. He'll be gone for a month or so, but when he comes back he will stay down in the southern part of Michigan. I am going to miss him.

My daughter is moving into dh's rental house with some college friends. I do not think she is ready for the responsibility but we will see. At any rate that's the kind of thing she needs to learn. She's one to learn things the hard way.

Tomorrow, it's back to work. It has been nice having all the extra time off. I wish I could have done more scrapping.

My mom is getting a ride with BIL & SIL but I have to get her to their house in the morning so I will have to go before work.

With everyone gone during the day, Betty will have to be in the crate. It's a good thing she can't tell time because there will be some long days for her. I can come home a noon and play with her but then it's back in the box for a couple hours until dh gets home (and he's not good at coming straight home).

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Lucky you Marlene, that Hunan food is so beautifully spicy, I just loved it.

We had a lovely meal tonight, but Jarrod was crook with very bad stomach cramps, he thinks he got food poisoning from breakfast this morning at the hotel they stayed at in Hobart, but just between us I think he has over indulged over the few days they have been away. He doesn't drink a lot and it has probably built up in his system, he's not too good though so I hope he gets up ok in the morning, wouldn't be much fun travelling the way he is. He can't even delay his travel because its so important to get back for the scan, but more importantly for his departure for Georgia where he will be for the next 6 months doing his Lieftenant training (know that spelling isn't right).

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Had Maddy planned to move out Marlene, just that you hadn't mentioned it. Gosh you are going to miss them you all have such good times together.

Is Ken not good at coming straight home for the same reasons Bob isn't?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

He just dawdles here and there. Visits friends etc.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

As for Matty moving. She has been complaining about having to come home and wanting to be on her own. Ken had to evict the renters so the house - built in the 1880's, it's big and run down - is empty. It is next to impossible to rent anything in the winter here so Matty and a couple of her school mates will stay there, pay the utility bills and enough for insurance and taxes. It's better that the house is not empty.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Matty will only be 3 miles away (about 10 min. or less drive).

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Good morning!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

So... I'm very sad that Matt has to go back to work tomorrow. He's been off for 12 days and it has been so nice to have him home. I'm nervous about having to make breakfast and lunch for Noah again. The smells make me sick. Ugh! I'm just a bright ray of sunshine today.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I'm pretty sad about having to go back to work myself.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

Good morning!

Today is a busy one for me. Let's see...

I want to get the boys little things hung up on the walls and put a few more finishing touches on the room before they get home tonight.

I have to unload my car, and my dad's truck from the last trip we made out to the house. I have so much ******** it's coming out of all our ears.

I printed out all of my course work last night, so I need to review some of that and make sure I am caught up with assignments. Honestly, I have always hated school. But, it's a necessary evil, I guess.

I absolutely NEED to run to my LSS today.

I have to go to Costco to pick up a few things...mainly Huggies for Brayden.

I know there is a bunch of other stuff, but I'll get to is as I think of it!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm sorry you girls are having to go back to work tomorrow. I remember the after holiday let down of having to get back to work on Monday morning. I always found that once I was there, it was like I never left.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Marlene,

Sounds like your babies are flying the coop. How are you feeling?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
The Don Juan cartridge comes with the Cricut Create. Does it come outside of that?

I haven't been able to find the Don Juan cart. It is a lot like Black Letters, have you seen that?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm wrong I just looked. Black Letters is NOT like Don Juan. I want that cart!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - if you find one, let me know where.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Vivian loves BLING Said:
I'm not sure what 4 carts I get with the Bundle.

Gee 4 carts with the machine is a bit of a bonus Viv, I have only just scratched the surface playing around with mine, but already I want more carts, have an ever growing list, but still have my camera to pay off yet.

Here in is the dangerous part for me... collecting cartridges. I can get overly... uh, nuts about collecting things. The mentality of must have everything. It was nuts for me when I first got my Sizzix. I had to stop when I ran out of room. Now with the building, I'm feeling like I should get more.

At least, I'll not be interested in the font carts. I can get fonts for free for the Wishblade .

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Oh, hello.

Back from church and am trying to catch up again before going out to the building to scrap.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - the way my dd has been lately, I could cheerfully pack up her stuff myself, but I miss her.

My son is my buddy, we like to do a lot of the same stuff, but he needs to move on. I would never stand in the way of either of them, but I will miss them so much.

I need to scrap. Teardrops and chalking are not a good combo. I suppose Lesley is feeling the same way because I believe Erin will have left by now.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Do you get the boys today?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Gaelene

• Gaelene Said:

I think the name of the software which you can use to cut fonts on the cricut is called "Sure cuts a Lot". I did read somewhere that using it makes you Cricut waranty invalid, but I have no idea how they would know, but might be worthing checking out first.

Oh, yes! I'll look that up later. When I use up all the options on the stand alone version.

We're supposed to have a monthly update blog. We kinda got away from it last month with all the holiday craziness. But it's a blog for CoF where we just post what we did that day. This way if someone can't keep up with the thread for any reason, they can just check there for "important" stuff. We can get to chatting here about all sorts of stuff and really does require anyone to go back to.

Plus we (Leesa and I) were marking layouts that got linked here for critiquing, not the layouts for just sharing, to CoF's favorite's gallery. This way, you could go back over the layouts that were critiqued.

I didn't do that as much last month either. Just got too hectic but I'll try to stay better with that now.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Viv - there is a program called Sure Scraps A Lot. I've seen a lot of people on this site talk about it. Some claim there are problems with it and some say it works fine. The one caution is that it voids your warranty. My Expression was still under warranty is why I went with DS.

I think I'm good for a year before trying that. Maybe all the bugs will be worked out by then, too.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Yeah, Viv, I have been slacking with those things, too. I do like the idea of the update blog. I really do want to get back to using that.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
So... I'm very sad that Matt has to go back to work tomorrow. He's been off for 12 days and it has been so nice to have him home. I'm nervous about having to make breakfast and lunch for Noah again. The smells make me sick. Ugh! I'm just a bright ray of sunshine today.

When it was just me and my dd (she was 3 & 4 then), I kept frozen Budget Gourmets on hand for her meals. She loved them, they weren't unhealthy and it made my single life much easier. I was fed at work so it was much more cost effective for me this way.

Maybe just microwaving something for him may be easier for you while you go through this stage. Plus if he's old enough, have things on hand he can prepare himself. Sandwiches, crackers, etc.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Matt did just go to the store and buy some 'easy' things for me to make for Noah. He is such a sweet guy.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Oh! I forgot to tell you ladies that I'm going on a scrapbook weekend retreat with my friend in probably late February. I am so exctied!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - the way my dd has been lately, I could cheerfully pack up her stuff myself, but I miss her.

My son is my buddy, we like to do a lot of the same stuff, but he needs to move on. I would never stand in the way of either of them, but I will miss them so much.

I need to scrap. Teardrops and chalking are not a good combo. I suppose Lesley is feeling the same way because I believe Erin will have left by now.

I was very ready for my dd to move out but I did grieve over that. It's alot of adjusting.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Oh! I forgot to tell you ladies that I'm going on a scrapbook weekend retreat with my friend in probably late February. I am so exctied!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, I weighed in this morning and I was shocked! I'm actually around 5 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. I thought for sure I put on weight over the holidays and if I did, then I was even less to start with.

I know that 5 pounds over an entire year isn't much but remember that I've got some medical condition that makes it hard for me to lose weight at all. Over the last 20 years I've steadily gained weight each year no matter what I tried to do or not do. Last year I was thrilled to not gain and just stablize.

I had gotten to where I even believed "this is it, I'm just gonna get fatter." If I can lose weight, I'm sure gonna try!

When I told dh, he mentioned "but your hair was shorter then" so I've lost more than 5 pounds if I deduct for the weight of my long hair.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Only Viv answered me the other day. I asked everyone which is their dominant hand, right or left?

I am right handed, but can do a few things left handed.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Viv - I tried to add my Dec. challenge to the blog. Something didn't work.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hi Yvonne. Haven't seen you in a couple days.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

• Amigosa Said:

Nice Leesa - where are you going?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• Amigosa Said:
Have you read anything about the aspertame, Yvonne? I wonder if that can be part of why you are so sick so often. It is totally possible.

Just what I was thinking. Docs don't think to ask about this but with the rise in "mystery" illnesses since the release of these products into the market has me very suspicious. I know too many women in particular, since men don't get hooked on diet drinks like women do, going through a battery of tests and nothing is showing up as the cause of their problems. There has to be link. Many are being told it's all in their heads and to see a shrink.

I have seen a shrink, with Krystal.

It is on my list of things to ask when I go in again. I have stopped drinking diet coke at the moment.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Luzma Said:
I just made this one!!!
BENJA By Luzma

Wow! How in the world are you so fast at these layouts?!?! This one is awesome! I love the design and the colors! I really love the buttons.

It takes me forever to do even a simple layout.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

http://www.lastingimpressionsbb.com/

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Have you read anything about the aspertame, Yvonne? I wonder if that can be part of why you are so sick so often. It is totally possible.

Just what I was thinking. Docs don't think to ask about this but with the rise in "mystery" illnesses since the release of these products into the market has me very suspicious. I know too many women in particular, since men don't get hooked on diet drinks like women do, going through a battery of tests and nothing is showing up as the cause of their problems. There has to be link. Many are being told it's all in their heads and to see a shrink.

It is on my list of things to ask when I go in again. I have stopped drinking diet coke at the moment.

I'm really glad you've stopped drinking it. You really should read a lot of the reports online about it. It sure is scary stuff!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
I've yet to go to an Archiver's. Can't wait and it better be good!

I was actually a little dissapointed when I went...

I was at one around Kansas City and was a bit disappointed in that one. It was higher priced then anywheres else I have been. And they didn't have too much, mostly albums.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Oh, I weighed in this morning and I was shocked! I'm actually around 5 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. I thought for sure I put on weight over the holidays and if I did, then I was even less to start with.

I know that 5 pounds over an entire year isn't much but remember that I've got some medical condition that makes it hard for me to lose weight at all. Over the last 20 years I've steadily gained weight each year no matter what I tried to do or not do. Last year I was thrilled to not gain and just stablize.

I had gotten to where I even believed "this is it, I'm just gonna get fatter." If I can lose weight, I'm sure gonna try!

When I told dh, he mentioned "but your hair was shorter then" so I've lost more than 5 pounds if I deduct for the weight of my long hair.

Great job! I would say that is an accomplishment.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Yvonne, I can't get my Wii to work. HELP!

what does it do???

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

My "diet" right now besides portion control is to not eat anything artificial. No high fructose corn syrup, no artificial coloring. Eat basic foods. Try to go organic where I can but it's not a must.

This is a big reason for making sure I get a garden this year. I want to know exactly what I'm eating and eat it at its peak.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
So I went into Einstein's this morning, and the cop was there with 2 other cops. I asked the manager (her name is Wendy) if those cops come in often. She said they are in there all the time. I told her which one I thought was cute, and she told me she thought he was single. But, she also said that she can picture him as the stereotypical abuser type. She said he is very nice to them, but he just has a rough way about him. ********. Anyway, she said she would "do some digging" for me. WOOT! If I can find out his name, I can find out just about anything I want to know, as you all know!

Carrie, did you ever go on that date you were suppose to go on???

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK, so for our diet challenge, are we going to say our weight each week? Do we start a PM so people outside our thread can't see it? Anything is fine with me, just wanted to know what you all thought.

I weighed in this morning at my meeting, and I was up 1 pound. I was so shocked because I thought for sure I would be up 2-3 pounds. I was so excited! I'm going to do my best to get back on track starting tomorrow. I want to look HOT for summer!

I think we should start a blog entry for it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:

Oh Marlene, I know how you feel. I still miss Krystal after she has been here a few days but sometimes, I can't wait for her to go back to her place. She is here now and leaving tonight so I will get sad again.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

sounds exciting

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Yvonne. Haven't seen you in a couple days.

I will explain in a bit, trying to catch up on 15 pages.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

I'm really glad you've stopped drinking it. You really should read a lot of the reports online about it. It sure is scary stuff!

I read a few of them. I even told my mom about diet drinks. Her doctor told her that she could drink all the diet pepsi she wanted instead of regular pepsi because she is diabetic and so she drinks tons of it a day.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok, I think I thread jacked enough.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
OK, so for our diet challenge, are we going to say our weight each week? Do we start a PM so people outside our thread can't see it? Anything is fine with me, just wanted to know what you all thought.

I weighed in this morning at my meeting, and I was up 1 pound. I was so shocked because I thought for sure I would be up 2-3 pounds. I was so excited! I'm going to do my best to get back on track starting tomorrow. I want to look HOT for summer!

...or a PM for those of you who want in on the challenge. I'm not sure if you want all of that to be "public info".

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Hello Ladies

I think I posted a few days ago that Doug was kind of grouchy, mean on New Years. Well, to make a long story short, he goes to his deceased wifes family sometime for the holidays. Well, I didn't know when he was going for Christmas down there, but it was this weekend. I found out on Friday night that he was leaving Saturday morning to go there and that he would be back sometime late Sunday night. When he goes there, he is very mean to me right before he leaves and then when he gets back he will be super sweet and I think that is why he was so "giving" for Christmas to me.

Anyways, Krystal and Doug had a huge fight on New Years Eve and he wouldn't talk to her and when she came home on Friday night, she stayed in the other room away from him. He left on Saturday morning, the girls and I decided to run to Walmart last night and buy a few goodies. We came home around 10 pm and baked cupcakes and watched some movies together. It was fun. So I wasn't online much.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

...or a PM for those of you who want in on the challenge. I'm not sure if you want all of that to be "public info".

If someone wants to start one, I am in. I want to lose a few, ok more then just a few, pounds.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

I read a few of them. I even told my mom about diet drinks. Her doctor told her that she could drink all the diet pepsi she wanted instead of regular pepsi because she is diabetic and so she drinks tons of it a day.

This is what's wrong. Diabetes is a multi-billion dollar industry. An American's pancreas puts out more insulin in a day that it was designed to for our life times! Per Sugar Buster's book.

The better goal is to drink water, even juices watered down if diabetes is an issue for the person. Even tea without sugar or artificial sweeteners.

I'm pre-diabetic. Diabetes runs strongly on my dad's side. I'm amazed he doesn't have it but his diet is really low on sweets and carbs. High in fats but most of the fats aren't the bad kinds.

My health took a nose dive when I started buying alot of white bread. Eating it 2 or more times a day. Didn't know what I've learned since then.

Plus every "new and great" artificial sweetener gets labeled with a serious problem years after its release and mass marketing. I don't trust any of them. Not even processed Stevia.

I'll use dried Stevia leaves. I used to grow the stuff. One nibble on a tiny leaf tasted like you put a spoon of sugar into your mouth. Licorice is another natural sweetener. Most people think of molasses when they think of licorice, so try straight licorice to sweeten coffee or teas.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I am the opposite of a diabetic. I have low blood sugar (hypoglycemic). I have passed out from it.

Diabetes run on both sides of my family, so it is scary. My grandmother, mother and my brother all have/had it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am going to go weigh myself.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Oh, forgot to do these

1. What is your favorite brand of paper? Basic Grey
2. What is your favorite food? ITALIAN OR CHINESE
3. What is your favorite topic to scrap? EVERYTHING
4. What are your favorite color(s)? ORANGE AND ROYAL BLUE
5. What are your least favorite color(s)? DON'T REALLY HAVE ONE
6. How tall are you? 5'6"
7. What is your favorite smell? COCONUT LIME BATH AND BODY WORKS, VANILLA LOTIONS AND WILD MUSK PERFUME
8. What is your favorite season? FALL, BUT I ALSO LIKE THE SPRING
9. Do you have any other hobbies and/or things you like to do? I LOVE TO READ AND PLAY GAMES
10. What is your favorite holiday and why? I LOVE ALL HOLIDAYS. LOVE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL DECORATIONS YOU CAN PUT UP. I LOVE FALL HOLIDAYS BECAUSE OF THE ORANGE. LOL

*Feel free to ask some random/fun questions of your own!*

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I posted a new challenge in the challenge area. It is a Basic Grey challenge, I pick a line of paper and you have to use that line.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

It's best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after going to the "potty" and before you drink or eat anything. Same clothes, too, if you want consistent weigh ins.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I got up at noon. LOL, we stayed up until 3 am watching movies. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am a little water swollen again so not sure how this weigh in thing is going to go. My face is puffy and I was hoping to get a few new pics of me to do a couple of bom layouts.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi. Not much going on here, sure is quiet.

Leesa that place looks very nice.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Wow Leesa, that place is just gorgeous, what a wonderful place to go scrapping, really happy for you, nothing like a weekend away with a friend scrapping.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Good Morning Ladies.

Marlene, have they actually gone already? it is hard when they first move out, but you adjust pretty quickly and then you get lonely after a while.

I guess I'm probably a bit different because I'm way up here and my daughters are so far away. I would give anything to live in Hobart again and be closer to Katie, but fat chance of that happening.

They also tend to come and go a few times before making the final break, and when they come back they like things to be done the way they are when their in their own place, so thats hard to handle as well.....oohh the frustrations of a mother.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

No, we actually have today with Erin,not that I'll see much of her, with all they have to pack I reckon they will be downstairs most of the day trying to do the impossible and fit 4 case loads of stuff into 3. Know all about that I do it every time I travel.

They leave Hobart mid morning Tuesday our time an get home around 7pm Tuesday your time.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

[quote=slywalker][quote=A migosa][quote=scrap4brain s][quote=Vivian loves BLING][quote=Amigosa]Oh! I forgot to tell you ladies that I'm going on a scrapbook weekend retreat with my friend in probably late February. I am so exctied!
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow Leesa, that place is just gorgeous, what a wonderful place to go scrapping, really happy for you, nothing like a weekend away with a friend scrapping.

[/quote]

Leesa, I agree, that place looks beautiful, congrats. Sure hope the morning sickness is all gone by then so you can enjoy yourself.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

I weight myself yesterday and boy have I got some work to do...but once I'm weighing in and beng accountable (even though this isn't serious as in a doctor checking), I usually knuckle down and stick to it. So going to be an interesting week.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

good idea Yvonne, I'm not sure how to put it on the front page though, any chance Viv? Don't like asking you to do any more than you already are so I am willing to learn if you are willing to teach me.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Yes good idea Leesa, although we aren't putting what we weigh just what we put on or lose so we are sort of accountable to ourselves. It seems by actually having to put it down helps to lose it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• lilmrmaid Said:

This is what's wrong. Diabetes is a multi-billion dollar industry. An American's pancreas puts out more insulin in a day that it was designed to for our life times! Per Sugar Buster's book.

The better goal is to drink water, even juices watered down if diabetes is an issue for the person. Even tea without sugar or artificial sweeteners.

I'm pre-diabetic. Diabetes runs strongly on my dad's side. I'm amazed he doesn't have it but his diet is really low on sweets and carbs. High in fats but most of the fats aren't the bad kinds.

My health took a nose dive when I started buying alot of white bread. Eating it 2 or more times a day. Didn't know what I've learned since then.

Plus every "new and great" artificial sweetener gets labeled with a serious problem years after its release and mass marketing. I don't trust any of them. Not even processed Stevia.

I'll use dried Stevia leaves. I used to grow the stuff. One nibble on a tiny leaf tasted like you put a spoon of sugar into your mouth. Licorice is another natural sweetener. Most people think of molasses when they think of licorice, so try straight licorice to sweeten coffee or teas.

My father was diabetic and it killed him in the end. He had a diabetic SEI zure, that was only after he lost a foot and then a leg...not nice and something I should take much more seriously, that is my aim of losing heaps of weight now.

I was his sole carer as mum had passed away and I used take him to his med apptmts. When buying food you should buy what is listed as 'diatetic' not 'diabetic' as that is sometimes misleading.

I have my blood glucose monitored and am ok at the moment but close to the border mark of being blood glucose intolerant, as long as I keep below that mark I'm ok, so just need to behave.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I posted a new challenge in the challenge area. It is a Basic Grey challenge, I pick a line of paper and you have to use that line.

Do you mean in the 'general challenge' forum Yvonne? if so you are going to have masses of work to do because I think BG is the fav pp for the majority of viewers to this site from what I've read.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

It's best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after going to the "potty" and before you drink or eat anything. Same clothes, too, if you want consistent weigh ins.

No clothes is best, and definitely 'no stickles'...lol

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Leesa, I agree, that place looks beautiful, congrats. Sure hope the morning sickness is all gone by then so you can enjoy yourself.

That is why I'm trying to book it at the end of February. The morning sickness should really be gone by then and it's before track season starts.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

It is rather quiet Marlene, think everyone has New Years hangover or something, I can't believe how quickly my thread jacking finishes these days...mind you Rachel not posting makes a diff because she was a bit of a rambler like me...anyone heard from her?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I was scrapping and cleaning. Then dh called us to eat dinner.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
It is rather quiet Marlene, think everyone has New Years hangover or something, I can't believe how quickly my thread jacking finishes these days...mind you Rachel not posting makes a diff because she was a bit of a rambler like me...anyone heard from her?

No, I don't know where she is at.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Lesley, I'm insulin resistant. For those that don't understand that term, my pancreas has to produce even more insulin than a normal person's to stabilize my blood sugar. So it's best I eat very balanced meals and not over do the sweets.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Lesley, I'm insulin resistant. For those that don't understand that term, my pancreas has to produce even more insulin than a normal person's to stabilize my blood sugar. So it's best I eat very balanced meals and not over do the sweets.

Oh that's no good Viv, I would find that so hard. My problem is an inactive thyroid, I'm on medication which takes the place of it, but I watch others eat as much if not more than me, and they don't put on an ounce, I really do have to work hard to get my metabolism working.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 04:41 PM
In response to slywalker

Hi girls,I`ve been off all day,out of home.First we went to church and then to have lunch at a friends home and stay there all day....near the pool.....LOL.
My son just arrived from the beach,so cute and happy!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

Hey Luzma! I'm jealous of your day! I want the weather to be warm and I want to sit by the pool. lol

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 04:45 PM
In response to Amigosa

Well in July I`ll be JEALOUS!!!LOL

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

Yeah, then I'll get to be the happy one! haha

What time is it there right now?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Here is the challenge for Basic Grey I am hosting

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 05:07 PM
In response to Amigosa

It`s 10.10PM

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
It`s 10.10PM

Ok, so you are 2 hours ahead of me then!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

I'm going to have to pass, sorry, Yvonne.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
Hi girls,I`ve been off all day,out of home.First we went to church and then to have lunch at a friends home and stay there all day....near the pool.....LOL.
My son just arrived from the beach,so cute and happy!!!!

That's sounding like another LO of your son? Is it your 'official' summer season there at the moment?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Luzma

Gee sure is quiet again. I've just returned from my walk and usually have a few pages to catch up on, is everyone madly scrapping? I'm about to start.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 05:22 PM
In response to slywalker

Yes.It began Dec 21 ends March 21 but kids return to school first week of March.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 05:23 PM
In response to Luzma

I`ve a question.Why you`re talking in 2 different threads????

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

• Luzma Said:
I`ve a question.Why you`re talking in 2 different threads????

What do you mean?

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 05:41 PM
In response to Amigosa

Here and in a PM

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luzma

The PM is supposed to be for more private type things and for group decisions.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

As Leesa says Luzma, PM for things like making decisions that we don't think will be of an interest to the general 'population' (for want of a better word), or a discussion may come up about one of our members personal issues which she doesn't want people to have general access to.

We are a group of close friends now and that now includes yourself and Gaelene, and we sometimes talk about things in our private lives that we keep between just us, and we help each other through difficult times.

Sometimes however, we tend to follow a post put by a member on the PM, that probably could just as easily be discussed on the main thread, that's just a slip up occasionally.

Hope I haven't confused you there, please say if I have.

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 06:00 PM
In response to slywalker

Yes I understand that but the pm they sent today it looks like a funny conversation so I was a little confused!!! HE HE HE

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

I'm now working on the last page of the baby albums. It's a list of first and for journaling.

Besides these, are there any others I should list?

First tooth
First steps
First food
First word
First ????

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 01-04-09 06:01 PM
In response to Luzma

Hi girls Im in this challenge.If you want to vote this is the link

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14910...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I'm now working on the last page of the baby albums. It's a list of first and for journaling.

First tooth
First steps
First food
First word
First ????

first time rolling over
first time sitting up
first time crawling

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

First tooth
First steps
First food
First word
First ????

Started to crawl

First Smile
First Haircut
First Outing
First time in 'Big Bath'
First night in cot/bed

I just gave Erin her baby book to keep which had all her immunisation records in it as well, so I just checked in that and the above are some things I had in it, don't know if you want/need that many.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics