Page 5 of 339 
Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to scrap4brains

hi girls,
just wanted to share some exciting news with all of you...i had 5 of my traditional pages picked up for publication for the scrap n art ezine!
The issue comes out for download on January 1st, and im kind of stunned that I had 5 chosen - it was really an amazing moment when i read that e mail, kind of makes me want to get my paper back out, lol! Anyway, thanks to all of you girls for your support, I dont think i would have even submitted if it werent for your kind words, you girls are awesome

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to rachelk

Rachel - very cool

I think you need to not forget about paper.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

g'night.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Rachel- That is awesome news!!! Everyone loved your paper layouts! (We also love your digi, too.) I can see why you'd want to go back to paper now. lol I can't wait to see the issue with your work in it!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Marlene that's a bugger of a thing for your sister to do, so you have to make that 5 hour drive again do you?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Rachel, that is fabulous news, well done.

It's great that you are capable of both hybrid and digi and would never say 'stop digi' because you do that so well, but all your paper pages were so dreamy for want of a better word and I think you should continue to do a mix of both.

Can I ask a favour, would you mind sending me a copy of the magazine, I would forward the cost plus postage cost of course, but I can't buy any USA magazines here and would love to see your contribution.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene if you check in again which I doubt because it would be 10.30pm there now, but I have just done my first run on the Cricut and it barely cut into the paper at all, I can see the design but thats about it.,

I have the blade dial set on '4' as it says but wondering for Bazzill cardstock should it go higher to cut through?

Not bad am I, first go through and I need to ask questions...lol...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Lesley, there is a dial on the left side of the Cricut on the front where you can set the blade to a deeper cut. Try that one.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Trying to catch up.

I'm exhausted and sore from oystering. I got alot of conk which really surprised my mother. She only managed to find one.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Maybe she's trying to see something good. It'd be very hard to put anyone in a home. Fortunately, by the time most people get there, they are not cognizant.

I told my husband that if I ever get Alzheimer to just kill me. Now I'm afraid to forget anything, he'll say oh well, guess it's time.

I think in some ways it's God's grace and mercy. There's a transgression, more a regression to a child like stage. Not that it's easy for the family or loved ones but that for the person themselves, it's like going backwards.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Hey guys... I'm just checking in. Today has been a rough day and I haven't felt good. Sorry that I haven't been around much, I probably won't be around much tonight either.

Marlene- I love your mini book! The patterned paper s are great! I really need to do a mini book. I have that same blackboard you used.

Hope it's nothing serious and you'll recover quickly. Get lots of rest.

I've been listening to an audio book called the 7 Stages of Motherhood. Very eye opening and very good for keeping things perspective when it comes to pregnancy to toddlerhood. I've not gotten to the other stages.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Here's a good one. My sister bought our mother plane tickets to see her nieces (our cousins) in TX. She planned the dates, saying she would come to pick up mom (5 hours). Now she can"t (doesn't want to) come up here and expects me to drive Mom down there. I am so pissed. Don't make the plan and then expect someone else to carry through.

Families!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
hi girls,
just wanted to share some exciting news with all of you...i had 5 of my traditional pages picked up for publication for the scrap n art ezine!
The issue comes out for download on January 1st, and im kind of stunned that I had 5 chosen - it was really an amazing moment when i read that e mail, kind of makes me want to get my paper back out, lol! Anyway, thanks to all of you girls for your support, I dont think i would have even submitted if it werent for your kind words, you girls are awesome

That's fantastic news and I'm NOT at all surprised!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Thanks Leesa, I forgot your now up and running with the Cricut. That pressure wheel is set to 3 already which I assume is the default loading. Maybe it needs to be a 4 for Bazzill ? I just tried a thinner paper with it on the 3 and it was ok, cut beautifully.

Just wondering whether I need to change the pressure on the green dial around the blade assembly?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Viv, sounds like you had a good time fishing and I'm not sure what a conk is, but am happy that you got a few, makes it all worthwhile eh!! you'll have to explain for me

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Rachel, that is fabulous news, well done.

It's great that you are capable of both hybrid and digi and would never say 'stop digi' because you do that so well, but all your paper pages were so dreamy for want of a better word and I think you should continue to do a mix of both.

Can I ask a favour, would you mind sending me a copy of the magazine, I would forward the cost plus postage cost of course, but I can't buy any USA magazines here and would love to see your contribution.

hi lesley,
thank you the scrapnart is an e magazine, so its down-loadable at http://scrapnart.com/news.php i dont think they do print mags, its just an e-mag, so you should be able to access it with no problems.
scrapnart is where Rebecca (from GRC) went to work.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Thanks Leesa, I forgot your now up and running with the Cricut. That pressure wheel is set to 3 already which I assume is the default loading. Maybe it needs to be a 4 for Bazzill ? I just tried a thinner paper with it on the 3 and it was ok, cut beautifully.

Just wondering whether I need to change the pressure on the green dial around the blade assembly?

WOW! im sooo happy you have your cricut now lesley! i bet you're having an absolute blast playing with it

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to rachelk

Thanks for the info Rachel, I will keep my eye out for it then.

Yes, I was a bit uncertain about using the Cricut first of all, because I don't have it attached to the computer using 'Design Studio' software I wasn't sure exactly what to do, but it is easy apart from the problem I am having in not being sure what pressure to use for Bazzill card stock. I cut a really nice border tonight just to show the girls how it works, it sure is going to come in handy and I probably won't use an awful lot of other things once I get used to it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Lesley - I got rid of a bunch of stuff once I got my Cricut. For Bazzill cardstock I max the pressure and move the blade housing to 6. You can hit the multi-cut and it will go around a second time in the same place.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Rachel - I have been aware of Scrap-n-art from it's beginning. My problem is that it takes a long time to download because it's long. I cannot download it at work at all, so I really don't take the time to go through the whole thing. The first issue was 60 pages or so, it was nice what I looked at, I just don't have the time to look at it all.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Hi Viv, sounds like you had a good time fishing and I'm not sure what a conk is, but am happy that you got a few, makes it all worthwhile eh!! you'll have to explain for me

Shoot! I didn't take any pix of any of the conks we found.

http://www.turksandcaicos.nl/uk/images/conkshell.jpg

But the ones in SC don't look as stylized as this one. They're not great eating but not bad either. They feed on clams and aren't protected here so there's no limit or season restrictions as far as I know of.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Excuse my ignorance, but do you eat them?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Yes, we eat them. Cook them in their shells. Scoop them out, cut them up. I prefer them served with a hot sauce my mother makes than to incorporate them into any dish. Mom will also cook and slice them up into a vinegary marinate that I also like.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I've heard of conk chowder and other dishes but they must use a different kinda conk cause these are super chewy.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I've never lived near enough to an ocean to enjoy the bounty.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - I am working on the acrylic project. I may need an extension on time.

Yvonne - where in the heck are you?

Leesa - did you get to go shopping again today?

Lesley is still asleep.

Viv - is cooking.

Shannon must not work today and Rachel probably is off in digi land.

Marlene is scrapping and cooking. I am baking a ham and pressure cooking some beans. It is raining and very windy here.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

And where's Pammy? Probably coming up with some perfect project. I sure do like her clean style - it looks so simple but it's really not. I admire someone who knows when to quit.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Speaking of knowing when to quit, I'm off the thread jack.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

YO YO YO! Just checking in quickly. I'm at my parent's house dropping off some boxes. Feels weird using my computer over here.

Anyway, Leesa, I got your package yesterday. HOT ********! Thank you so very much for all of the wonderful things you sent to me! I especially love the THONG! You wicked girl! You were just super good to me, and I loved your little clues and messages along the way. The Two Scoops paper is beautiful, and I knew that was STICKLES! YEEHAW! Thank you again.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Below are some things Leesa sent to me, as well as:

Two Scoops paper from Basic Grey
Paper from Imaginisce
Prima Flowers (a jar and a tube)
Say It In Crystals from Prima
Cardstock
And a THONG!

I'm pretty sure there was more, but I don't have it here in front of me. It was a ton of stuff! YAY!

Leesa, I am so in love with the Rusty Pickle Chipboard. I have never seen it in person, so when I opened that up, I was just drooling.

Thank you again so very much! Oh, and the package was delayed because it had the wrong zip code. I think you looked at my parent's zip code instead of mine. No problem though. I loved opening it!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OK, I'm outta here. Gotta get back to the house and work. The movers are coming tomorrow, so I have a ton of stuff to do.

I'll check in tomorrow night!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

Hi everyone

Viv, those Conks look a little like Abalone, they are very chewy as well unless you pound them. We slice them first then pound them before cooking and that makes them so tender.

I asked Jarrod last night but he hadn't heard of them, now I'll be able to show him and teach him something..lol...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Thanks for the info Marlene, I wasn't sure about changing the blade pressure, you know what its like with something new I am so scared to alter things. And when the pressure dial was on 3 already and seeing as it is meant to cut vinyl, I thought surely 3 should be enough for paper, but I guess that Bazzill card stock is pretty thick stuff.

I cut a beautiful border using thin paper from graphically speaking to show the girls, even the guys were impressed with it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Marlene, what sort of bean do you cook in the Pressure Cooker? We have one but never use it these days, used to cook silverside in it but I've even gone back to cooking that traditionally now because I think it is more tender.

Baked Ham mmmmm!! smells nice lol.... we are still eating our cold ham, we got an extra large one because of Erin being here and she said Jarrod loved our Ham, evidently its not as salty or smokey as over there, but either he doesn't really like it and doesn't want to say, or he just doesn't eat much.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Carrie, glad your parcel arrived and sure sounds like Santa Leesa was good to you, I still haven't photographed mine, will definitely do so today.

I have been so tired since Xmas day, it really took it out of me all the preparation and cooking. Erin & Jarrod have hardly been here which really annoyed me but I forget they are still young and Erin has lots of friends to catch up on too, but they have overdone it and now she is sick.

She has the most dreadful cold but has still gone today. They are heading off on the ferry over to Bruny Island to hike to the top of the mountain on it. That's fine for Jarrod, Jeremy and Katie but Erin just isn't up to it,,,,but after all the worry of having a miscarriage she doesn't seem to be willing to listen and rest up for the day...Katie is by far the wiser and told me not to worry, once they are there she is going to head her off on an easier walk along the beach area to a cliff face which is covered in aboriginal paintings. Hopefully Erin will listen.

Think I really will scrapbook today. Finished the book yesterday that I've been reading for some time 'Anastasia', loved it but won't pick up another one till I get back into scrapping.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Heading off for a shower now, will call back later.

Wanted to let the young ones shower so they could get away and that means 1/2 hr each for Erin and Jarrod, never know anyone stay in the shower so long, no wonder they get up so early at home before going to work.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Yes, Marlene, we have been out shopping today. We had so much fun. I've felt mostly good today, so that was good.

Carrie- I am SO SUPER GLAD that you got your stuff and that you liked it. hehe We all know how much you talk about underwear... well, I thought I'd get you some sexy underwear.

I'm sorry I put the wrong zip code. I am blonde... I'm just glad that it finally got to you anyway.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Lesley- It sounds like you sure are loving your Cricut. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Viv- I'm jealous that you live so close to the ocean. I *love* seafood and hate that we can't get very fresh stuff here. My dad grew up in Seattle and we visited his family growing up. OH YUM!!! We were in seafood heaven there. I sure miss that.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

Good morning Leesa, shopping always makes you feel better doesn't it, does me anyway, just a shame there aren't any up here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

I heard Seattle is great for all sorts of foods, especially seafoods.

I'll be helping my mother with her kitchen tomorrow and she'll be serving the conks. I'll take pix.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Did you end up finding a kitchen mobile bench for your mum Viv?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

Yes. That's part of what I have to help her with. Her kitchen is very disorganized and she does most of stuff on the floor. Which is what she's used to but I think it may make that hard for her after her surgery.

The mobile cabinet is really nice and was a bugger for dh to put together. It was empty last night and I put some stuff into it. They didn't even know what certain areas were for.

I'll take pix of it, too. I need to send something to big brother.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Hi ladies, just checking in very quickly.

I want to thank Viv(SANTA) for all the wonderful items I got from you. I love it all, haven't had time to really play with any of it. We have been super busy around here since the 24th. On Saturday, we went to buy us a new bed as Doug said our mattress was too hard, well this one is too soft for me, but I will give it the 2 weeks breaking in period that they suggested. It makes my back hurt.

I got my camera on the 23rd and I got the orange Ipod on the 25th. I got so much awesome stuff.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I was secret santa to Tesa. I wasn't able to ship internationally and so I sent her a gift certificate, lets just say she was NOT happy about receiving a gift certificate from me. She was very unhappy and disappointed in a gc.

Edited by lilmrmaid on 12-28-08 08:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

Oh thats good Viv, sounds like it is all coming together nicely for your mum, how come she used to prepare on the floor (I have probably missed something here and if so I'm sorry), I thought maybe it was Korean tradition or something?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi Yvonne, you'll love your iPod, I do I wear it on all my walks when I walk alone and quite often sit reading or scrapping with it on when dh is home and doesn't like my music.

I find it so good to also have a package of photos with me of Erin and what she is doing so I can show and tell people.

Are you sure Tesa was really 'mad' at you? I can't imagine Tesa getting mad for that and maybe she was joking with you do you think?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Hey there!

Viv- I'm looking forward to the pictures of the conks.

Yvonne- It's good to see you. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. I'm sorry that Tesa was unhappy.

Hey Lesley!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

I worded that wrong, sorry, she wasn't exactly mad, but she said she was very disappointed in her gift and had she known that she would receive a gc she would not of joined the secret santa thing. It made me cry.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi Leesa and Lesley

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey Yvonne- What are you up to tonight?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

not much, Doug left to go to work, so I thought I would get online for a bit and try to catch up.

We hung my pegboard yesterday and today. It took a while to get it up. we put it into a closet and had to cut around shelf brackets. Now I have to organize everything and hang it all up.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

what are you up too?? Are you feeling better Leesa??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I have a bad stomach ache. I can not eat vanilla ice cream. Any other flavor is fine but not vanilla, it makes my stomach hurt. Well, today is Doug's son, TJ, birthday. His grandma bought an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, it is vanilla and chocolate, I had a small piece, with very little vanilla on the top and it still makes my stomach hurt.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Matt and I played a board game after Noah went to bed, he one once and I one once. Now we're just catching up on some online stuff then heading to bed. Gosh, we sound like such dorks. The morning sickness is still here. It has been 5 weeks since I first started having it. I don't know why they call it 'morning' sickness because I have it all day. BOO! The medicine only helps so much though. I had a rough morning, but as the day went on I started feeling better. Now, I'm just getting pretty tired and feeling yucky again. lol It's just a horrible cycle...

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

so sorry Leesa, hopefully you will be over it soon.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Matt keeps telling me that it will all be worth it. I know it will be, but this is no fun. The only way I'm ever getting pregnant again is if God *really* wants me to. Matt and I don't want anymore after this one. I just don't want to be pregnant again. It doesn't agree with me.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Yvonne, I'm so glad you like what I've sent. I know that not everything there is your style but thought you would enjoy some of the themes. If not, pass it on.

Sorry about Tesa. I can see both sides of this. Been on both sides.

Lesley, my mother is used to doing everything on the floor. That's the way she grew up and still does things. With her back the way it is and her knees, this is getting harder and harder for her. After the surgery she should be better but it's still something I want to make easier for her.

Plus she doesn't have things out where it makes any sense. Things that should be together are far apart. So I'll see why things are the way they are and get her on board with any changes. Plus she's got some really nice stuff but keeps using old stuff. So I'll see about her reducing her things, too. I'm not trashing anything without her consent. If she wants to keep using the old stuff, that's fine. I'll move the new stuff away from her main area and let her use her old stuff easier. Things like is what I'm going over there tomorrow for.

Leesa, mine were all day, too.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Hey Viv! How are you doing tonight? Was today a productive scrappy day?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Viv, I really like the clipboard with all the goodies. I don't know if I would ever use the clipboard with the alphas on it, so I am thinking of altering it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Got lots cleaned up and ready to scrap. I've gotta go out early tomorrow so I can get home in time but I'll be buying some more scrappy stuff for my fun. J's has their clearance stuff at an additional 50% off. I got some great deals on DCWV papers and hope they'll have more at the other location.

I just uploaded some more pix to get developed. I'm gonna do another batch of recipe cards. These will be printed and not hand written. So they should be really quick.

Any scrapping plans for you soon?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Oooh... it sounds like you did get some great deals. Maybe I should go check my J's!

I want to do some scrapping, but my desk is SO trashed. I can't even see the pink of the desk because I have sooooo much stuff stacked on it. I have to move my scraproom into my bedroom so I should just get working on that.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

I've spent the last couple of hours dealing with my desk. The drawers, the piles of stuff on top, etc.

It's in usable condition now at least. Not perfect but usable. I should just trash the scrap papers because it's just overwhelming at times for me. Sadly, I can't just trash them. Must sort and put them away. :blech:

Better get to bed, the sooner I start tomorrow the sooner I'll get to scrap.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

That is a great way to think about it... haha

Good night! I need to get to bed soon, too.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

I have a big container of scraps that I should just trash, but I too can not do it. I did buy a 12x12 file folder thingy to put cardstock scraps into. Now just need to find something for my patterned paper scraps.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi, just looking at the posts before getting ready for work. Should be able to peak in once I get there.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I have a big container of scraps that I should just trash, but I too can not do it. I did buy a 12x12 file folder thingy to put cardstock scraps into. Now just need to find something for my patterned paper scraps.

I put a sheet protector with the pp scraps in with the rest of the papers from the same stack. I scrap using entire scraps as options so having the scraps there makes the most sense to my way of thinking.

But I've got two of these 12x12 organizers:

Craft Organizer
By Vivian Loves BLING

One is full of ribbons and misc. craft stuff. The other is full of scraps. I need to make myself do a bunch of layouts using scraps. I've got alot of those types of layouts saved to my faves.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Morning Marlene, have a good day at work

Hope today is a better day health wise for you Leesa, and go clean up that table so you can start using all your new stuff and that Cricut, I did some lettering on mine today, it's sort of strange, I know it cuts using the largest letter as the guide but a couple of letters just seemed too small, just a matter of getting used to it I suppose.

Just happy to be scrapping again even if it is still slowly with people around. Both my girls and their partners/husband went to Maria Island today for the whole day, you won't believe how high they hiked, will post pics when Jarrod gives me a link later.

Anyway that gave me the day to myself so I had a really long walk 1 1/2 hrs and got quite badly sunburnt, I just wasn't prepared because it is something I avoid these days so more 'slip, slop, slap' before I walk from now on as the sun is getting intense.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Wow Viv I love those containers, sure can't get them here though unfortunately and thats one thing thats too large to post, urggghhhh !! They are a wonderful idea.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well I'm off to bed now, off to Hobart with dh to the docs tomorrow (not the specialist appt I'm dreading though), and then on to a big 'food extravaganza' we have here every New Year. We are going there with the girls/boys again, should be great.

All the restaurants set up small type restaurants within a great big old shipping packaging shed and they just have big long tables everywhere, it opened on Sunday and 30,000 went on that day alone, it runs till next Saturday and they will average that many people very day, we used to go a few times when we lived in Hobart, but nowdays it is only the one visit so I am looking forward to it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

I'm at work and my new boss (the one that watches everything I do) is sick today. I'm not glad that she's sick but not unhappy that she won't be around.

LOOK OUT FOR THE THREAD JACK!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I like those food extravaganzas! It's is too easy to overeat though and I hate being stuffed.

I'm wondering if we will hear from Leesa today, it is very possible she is without power.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Viv - love that container! It is so hard to find anything that holds 12 x 12 papers.

I have to force myself to file scraps because filing at work is the task I dislike the most and sorting and filing pp is the same thing.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Hi Marlene, just noticed you were on when I was about to log off.

Are there storms down Leesa's way today?

Yes, it would be possible to overeat at the food extravaganza if it wasn't for my dh who watches me like a hawk....I'm constantly nagged about what I eat so only usually have the one small dish, its just nice being able to choose between so many. They always have lots of berries and icecream and waffles so if he wanders off I'll pinch some of the girls'. I used to go down in my lunch break when I worked just for the berries, now I have to worry about my weight too much.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Same thing here Marlene, when I worked I loathed all the filing. Because I worked at the Child Support Agency all the files were really top secret so every time you wanted one you had to go to the big walk in type files, unlock them and pull the darn things apart to get in to the files, which were always way too full and hard to get out, so I always put it off until it became a chore or until the boss was around and I knew they should have been locked up.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Really must go now, catch you all tomorrow, bye.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Yes there are ice storms all the way across the bottom of this state and many power outages where Leesa lives.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I got bitten up at the beach and the bites are super itchy today. It was like this last time I went. I have some sort of reaction to the bugs there and it gets worse after a couple days.

I'll take some allergy meds but they make me groggy.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The one really bad thing about those containers is that they can pop open when you don't want them to. So forget the nice handle at the top. You must carry them from the bottom. Unless you have you if overfilled and pushing against what's above the tray.

The below containers are much better! I even have my Whale of a Punches in these and have no fear of the lids opening while I carry them by the handles! I use one for my power cropping.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Viv - you are an Organizer Extrodinaire.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

All this freedom and time to poke around on the internet and my computer isn't working well.

Is Shannon working today? There are no power outages in her county.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Hey guys! We have power here and no storm!

Lesley- I had a dream about you last night. In my dream you were coming to stay with me for a month, but it was a surprise. Matt spilled the beans though the night before we were supposed to pick you up from the airport. Isn't that funny?! I was super excited in my dream!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Leesa, glad you are up and running. I just looked at a map and all the counties mentioned on the radio are north of you.

I've had dreams about the others in this group, too.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Oh Oh. Guess who came in sick? ********.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I put a sheet protector with the pp scraps in with the rest of the papers from the same stack. I scrap using entire scraps as options so having the scraps there makes the most sense to my way of thinking.

But I've got two of these 12x12 organizers:

Craft Organizer
By Vivian Loves BLING

One is full of ribbons and misc. craft stuff. The other is full of scraps. I need to make myself do a bunch of layouts using scraps. I've got alot of those types of layouts saved to my faves.

Hi Viv, where did you get that thing??

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Oh Oh. Guess who came in sick? ********.

Bummer!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

good morning ladies

How are you all today??

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey Yvonne!

I'm doing really good today, so far. How about you?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

tired, need to get some laundry finished. Might have to take it to Krystal. She brought home all her dirty clothes on Christmas Eve, she owns 6 pairs of jeans, I have 5 of them here. so she doesn't have any clean jeans, only the ones she had on when she went back to her place on Dec. 26.

glad you are feeling better Leesa, how long does morning sickness usually last?? sorry if I sound dumb, but I didn't have any.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I want to thank all you ladies for the beautiful Christmas cards. I love them all. I got more cards from sb.com friends then from family.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

I had morning sickness with Noah until I was about 16 or 17 weeks pregnant.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Here's a good one. My sister bought our mother plane tickets to see her nieces (our cousins) in TX. She planned the dates, saying she would come to pick up mom (5 hours). Now she can"t (doesn't want to) come up here and expects me to drive Mom down there. I am so pissed. Don't make the plan and then expect someone else to carry through.

I am assuming that you expressed this to your sister...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
hi girls,

Rachel that IS awesome! Seems like you were born to scrap both digitally and professionally.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Trying to catch up.

I'm exhausted and sore from oystering. I got alot of conk which really surprised my mother. She only managed to find one.

That really sounds like an interesting day. Did you take pics?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

I've heard of conk chowder and other dishes but they must use a different kinda conk cause these are super chewy.

That part doesn't sound too appetizing...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Carrie - I am working on the acrylic project. I may need an extension on time.

Yvonne - where in the heck are you?

Leesa - did you get to go shopping again today?

Lesley is still asleep.

Viv - is cooking.

Shannon must not work today and Rachel probably is off in digi land.

Marlene is scrapping and cooking. I am baking a ham and pressure cooking some beans. It is raining and very windy here.

********! I was supposed to put a ham in the slow cooker this morning... ugh.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I was secret santa to Tesa. I wasn't able to ship internationally and so I sent her a gift certificate, lets just say she was NOT happy about receiving a gift certificate from me. She was very unhappy and disappointed in a gc.

oh.... that's not cool. It was nice of you to send it to her. Hopefully she will grow to appreciate it.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I worded that wrong, sorry, she wasn't exactly mad, but she said she was very disappointed in her gift and had she known that she would receive a gc she would not of joined the secret santa thing. It made me cry.

I am so sorry that happened to you! Maybe Leesa should send her a thong...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Well I'm off to bed now, off to Hobart with dh to the docs tomorrow (not the specialist appt I'm dreading though), and then on to a big 'food extravaganza' we have here every New Year. We are going there with the girls/boys again, should be great.

All the restaurants set up small type restaurants within a great big old shipping packaging shed and they just have big long tables everywhere, it opened on Sunday and 30,000 went on that day alone, it runs till next Saturday and they will average that many people very day, we used to go a few times when we lived in Hobart, but nowdays it is only the one visit so I am looking forward to it.

Lesley, that sounds like a blast!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
All this freedom and time to poke around on the internet and my computer isn't working well.

Is Shannon working today? There are no power outages in her county.

Yep, I am here. Our county did ok but all of the ones around us weren't so lucky. Michigan got hit pretty hard overall. We lost power off and on a few times - just enough to shut down my clock and have it blink, blink, blink at me.

Marlene, I am glad your boss is sick today

Page 5 of 339 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics