Page 7 of 339 
Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
I worded that wrong, sorry, she wasn't exactly mad, but she said she was very disappointed in her gift and had she known that she would receive a gc she would not of joined the secret santa thing. It made me cry.

I am so sorry that happened to you! Maybe Leesa should send her a thong...

OMG SHANNON!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I have some exciting news to share.

In order for Krystal to get into this nursing school, she has to pass her ACT test with an 18 or higher. She has taken it 4 times. The first 2 times she was still in high school, the second 2 times she has been out of high school. Her scores were 15, 16, 17 and this last one was a 19. Yippeee, she can finally apply to the nursing college. I told her since she has a hard time with the reading part of it that taking her gen eds at her college would help her out there, she got such a high score on the reading part. I am excited for her now.

WOOHOO! That is the best news ever! I hated taking those stupid standardized tests. I had to re-take my PE Specialty test, while I was working as a PE Teacher, 3 times. I passed the essay no problem, but the multiple choice just sucked! They asked questions about ballet, water polo, curling and other crazy stuff.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I have not said anything to my sister about her plans, yet. I usually just do stuff, but enough is enough. This time it's going to work out. My BIL (lives in Ann Arbor), who has a vaca home in Barbeau (15 miles South) is comming up on New Year's Eve day and leaving on the 5th and has offered to give Patsy a ride down. Hopefully it'll work out. What I should of done was take our mom down the day after Christmas, then she'd get two whole weeks of a visit that I know she wouldn't want. It would've served her right!

You evil smart woman you!

I'm envisioning Marlene with that look on her face that the Grinch got when he decided to steal Christmas from the Whos!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Yea, Leesa had Carrie. I'm pretty sure Carrie had Lesley.

Carrie had Shannon.
Shannon had Lesley.
Leesa had Carrie.
Yvonne had Tesa.
Marlene had Rachel.
Viv had Yvonne.
Tesa had Marlene.
Rachel had Viv??
Lesley had Leesa??

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Carrie had me.
I had Lesley.

Is it me, or does this sound...dirty?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Hey Carrie! It's good to see you! Are you all moved now?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Hey everyone! Sorry I had to disappear for awhile. Had to take the next step in the fight against my mil's stupid Christmas gift to the kids...

I'll keep reading, but what gift?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:

Oh my good God Leesa. No. It took forever for the movers to figure out that the truck wasn't big enough to take all my stuff to storage, then the rest to my parent's house. So, they unloaded all of the stuff to come to the house, and left it at my house, and took the storage stuff to storage. My other stuff will be moved into the house tomorrow. It's been a long day, and I feel like I'm pulling a Lesley here and falling asleep at the computer.

Sorry to hear you feel so crappy all the time. That is just a pisser.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
hello all of my scrappy pals, I am sooooo soooo soo far behind... sigh.
I haven't been online much still and haven't scrapped since Dec 1st!! LOL
I think I am out of adhesive anyways, I might try to do some this next week,, or not!
thanks for all of the Christmas cards, they mean a lot to me!

Hey Pammy! WAAASSS UUUPPPP?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Carrie had Shannon.
Shannon had Lesley.
Leesa had Carrie.
Yvonne had Tesa.
Marlene had Rachel.
Viv had Yvonne.
Tesa had Marlene.
Rachel had Viv??
Lesley had Leesa??

Yes, to that part. I got my gift from Rachel.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Pammy. No scrapping in a month, you poor dear.

Well ********, I haven't scrapped since October! That sucks.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

The movers sound like real smart people...

Yeah, I am sick all the time, but hopefully it won't last too long. It will be worth it in the end, right?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Carrie had Shannon.
Shannon had Lesley.
Leesa had Carrie.
Yvonne had Tesa.
Marlene had Rachel.
Viv had Yvonne.
Tesa had Marlene.
Rachel had Viv??
Lesley had Leesa??

Yes, Lesley had me.... and she was awesome!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Oh my good God Leesa. No. It took forever for the movers to figure out that the truck wasn't big enough to take all my stuff to storage, then the rest to my parent's house. So, they unloaded all of the stuff to come to the house, and left it at my house, and took the storage stuff to storage. My other stuff will be moved into the house tomorrow. It's been a long day, and I feel like I'm pulling a Lesley here and falling asleep at the computer.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Yvonne- Which BG papers are you going to use?

Bittersweet

Oh ********! Is that collection in stores already?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I know this is dumb but what are thickers?

I love thickers!!! They are thick stickers basically... some are chipboard, some are foam, some are like a leather type material.

That just reminded me! Leesa also sent me some Thickers, and some black chipboard. Check it out...

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

White Thickers, too. But those aren't in the superstore.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

Carrie- I'm really glad you liked everything!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Carrie- I'm really glad you liked everything!

I really did, Leesa. I keep remembering things in my package!

You girls should see my scrappy stuff. I have those storage containers from Target that are stackable. I think there are 8 containers all together, stacked in 2 columns of four. The movers wrapped the shrink wrap around my containers and it looks so funny! I have to take a picture.

I also got the flowers below from you, but of course, you already know that!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OK, I'm all caught up.

I start school this Friday, or maybe it's Saturday. ********. I better double check that! Anyway, I am so excited! WOOT!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Beotch.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Just wanted to see if "Beotch" would get bleeped. Nope, it didn't. That's just the shits.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Good night my Lovelies!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK, I'm all caught up.

I start school this Friday, or maybe it's Saturday. ********. I better double check that! Anyway, I am so excited! WOOT!

YAY!!! That is very exciting!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Just wanted to see if "Beotch" would get bleeped. Nope, it didn't. That's just the shits.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Good night, Carrie!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

I should have gone to bed an hour ago.

Good night, all.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Good night, Viv!

I'm on my way to bed, too.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Amigosa

Testing bleeped words.

Expert
In response to Amigosa

Hey girls, not sure if I caught any of you still on line.

Shannon, I'm also curious about the present from your MIL

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

OK, on the miscarriage thread, those words aren't bleeped. Why?

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hey Sylvia! You are so not a terrible person for not sending cards out. Good grief girl!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I'm just testing out bleeped words. Obviously, I got my second wind and am not that tired anymore. Must have been the ice cream I ate.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

I guess I missed you Sylvia. We haven't chatted for so very long. I'm glad you are able to check in more often. I miss you!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Good night Lovelies. For real.

Expert
In response to Meak72

******** I keep missing you Carrie
you should just text me when you're going to log on. HAhA

Expert
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

I have to go to unemployment tomorrow, this is a nightmare. I still have not received a check and I've been trying to call them for 4 weeks. This is just crazy!

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 12-29-08 09:59 PM
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Pammy Said:
hello all of my scrappy pals, I am sooooo soooo soo far behind... sigh.
I haven't been online much still and haven't scrapped since Dec 1st!! LOL
I think I am out of adhesive anyways, I might try to do some this next week,, or not!
thanks for all of the Christmas cards, they mean a lot to me!

Hey Pammy! WAAASSS UUUPPPP?

hey there!! how are you Carrie?
How is everyone else???
I did work on a page tonight.. GASP. I don't know if I like it and my scanner is broken, go figure! Maybe I can take a pic tomorrow if my camera cooperates?

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 12-29-08 10:00 PM
In response to Pammy

oh and I found pop dots instead of using traditional adhesive, that worked well!!

Expert
In response to Pammy

Hey Pammy, glad to hear that you got a bit of scrapping in.

Expert

Well, I'm going to bed. Talk to you girls tomorrow!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Hey guys! We have power here and no storm!

Lesley- I had a dream about you last night. In my dream you were coming to stay with me for a month, but it was a surprise. Matt spilled the beans though the night before we were supposed to pick you up from the airport. Isn't that funny?! I was super excited in my dream!

Nice to know I was in your dreams Leesa, but I don't think you would be able to handle me being there for a month, it would be like having your MIL there for a month I reckon, mind you I wouldn't mind spending time with your beautiful family.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Hi Pam, lovely to hear from you, did you have a good Christmas, and so glad we are going to see another of your beautiful pages.

Did Sean have a good day?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Can't believe you remembered that Carrie, I can remember it well cause I was so tired and my head nearly hit the screen...lol..

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
The movers sound like real smart people...

Yeah, I am sick all the time, but hopefully it won't last too long. It will be worth it in the end, right?

Cause it will be worth it, I mean, just look at how gorgeous little Noah is, I do so hope you have a girl. I know the main thing is the health of the child but would still be nice to have a girl.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
OK, I'm all caught up.

Carrie, that is so exciting it seems to have come about very quickly, I do hope you enjoy it and won't it be wonderful to be fully qualified when you finish, not to mention you might meet some nice new people through doing it.

Carrie, I got your card today, it is beautiful, just love the photo's, the boys look so cute and you look gorgeous in it I love your hair. thank you so much and I love the effort you put into the envelope, thanks Carrie.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I just placed an order. For some reason every item would say error adding to cart, but it was really there. I had $45.00 but there is a $5 off for over $50 so I added something. It feels like free. I didn't bother with expedited shipping because of the holiday it wouldn't make a difference.

something really weird happened with my 'Cart' as well, I had a lot of stuff in there that I wantd t get after Xmas and it was all wiped clear other than 2 things, now I would have no idea because if I see a LO using a product that looks great I put it in my cart.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

I'm gonna make a baby album for a kit. I'm a bit disappointed. I assumed the pages went through the first year but it's only for the first 10 months. AND the pages included in this kit is 12x12 for an 8x8 album. Gotta cut them down.

Sounds like a beautiful idea Viv, look forward to seeing it. I've only got to wait 1 wk and 2 days and I will know what Erin & Jarrod are having (sex of child that is), then I can start buying because she wants everything either pink or blue, or different shades of that.

What I thought I would do is get started once I know in picking a range of paper like Leesa did for Noah's albm, and also get the album so it sort of spreads the cost a bit, can't wait to to a baby album, it will be a lot plainer than what I've been doing.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• lilmrmaid Said:
Now to go unload my car of my latest scrappy stuff. Mainly organizers.

2- Cropper Hopper Vertical Storage Value Pack
2- Cropper Hopper Paper Holder with 4 Dividers - 8x8
4- Cropper Hopper 4x6 packs with negative holders.
1- Cropper Hopper - Sticker Envelope - 3 Pack
1-Grade School Collection - 12 x 12 Paper Stack
1-small corner rounder
1- 3/4" circle punch
All for 50% off.

A baby boy 8x8 album kit and a baby girl 8x8 album bit. These should come together really quickly for presents. Both on clearance for a little over $7 each when they were $29.99. Love deals like this.

I also got some more stuff from J's clearance. Papers mainly to go into these organizers.

I've started taking my paper stacks apart but keeping them in organizers together. Works better for me this way.

I need to get about 3 more of the 8x8 organizers. I already have 2, I have cut a lot of my scraps to 8x8 if they were big pieces and a lot of my 8.5x11 sheets down to 8x8.

I should have bought 1 more of the Cropper Hopper Vertical Storage Value Pack and 1 more of the Cropper Hopper Paper Holder with 4 Dividers - 8x8. So I'll be going to the other HL tomorrow. Never made it to the bank today.

I hate switching computers but the building got too cold. I should have cut the heater on sooner.

So now I'm back inside. Gonna print up mini-calenders for the gift album, and cut up the food pix and print those recipes, too. Looks like I might to go back out and get more 4x6 cards.

Gee you got some great stuff Viv, and the mini calenders are a great idea as well, you are such a hard worker always got things to do.

I've realised with a baby album on the way, I really have to finish off all the wedding photos and my travel album from the trip last year before my trip over there comes around, when you think of saving spending money it doesn't seem that long a time to save.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

I'm printing out mini calendars, two months per 3x5 index cards. I'll use my Sizzix Calendar Dies. There will be 13 months worth of pages so the first birthday will be included.

Sadly, I don't know this lady as well as I'd like. They're new to our church and she's been sick or out with sick kiddos. But I've enjoyed the few times I've gotten a chance to chat with her. Hope she likes it. She's got her hands full with a toddler, too.

Thats a beautiful thing to do Viv, I'm sure she'll really love it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Morning Marlene, have a good day at work

Hope today is a better day health wise for you Leesa, and go clean up that table so you can start using all your new stuff and that Cricut, I did some lettering on mine today, it's sort of strange, I know it cuts using the largest letter as the guide but a couple of letters just seemed too small, just a matter of getting used to it I suppose.

Just happy to be scrapping again even if it is still slowly with people around. Both my girls and their partners/husband went to Maria Island today for the whole day, you won't believe how high they hiked, will post pics when Jarrod gives me a link later.

Anyway that gave me the day to myself so I had a really long walk 1 1/2 hrs and got quite badly sunburnt, I just wasn't prepared because it is something I avoid these days so more 'slip, slop, slap' before I walk from now on as the sun is getting intense.

Hey Lesley,

I wanted to ask you a question about Erin. Has her accent stayed the same after living in the USA? I mean, does she still have it as much, or has she adopted some of our "tones"?

Also, is it summer vacation there? That just blows me away!!

Sure is summer vacation here Carrie, the population of Orford is 500 but right now in peak holiday time it is 1500, I hate it, the shop is forever running out of stuff, it just seems they never learn to get in extra stock.

The school holiday's are from 2 weeks before Xmas until the middle of February. We have had some beautiful weather, except as I said a few posts ago I got quite badly sunburnt day before yesterday and I really did not plan it, just forgot I have to start slopping the sunscreen on when I go walking.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I'm printing out mini calendars, two months per 3x5 index cards. I'll use my Sizzix Calendar Dies. There will be 13 months worth of pages so the first birthday will be included.

Sadly, I don't know this lady as well as I'd like. They're new to our church and she's been sick or out with sick kiddos. But I've enjoyed the few times I've gotten a chance to chat with her. Hope she likes it. She's got her hands full with a toddler, too.

those are really cool

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Awwww, thanks!

You ladies are all so kind and considerate offering to get things for each other, your all pretty special.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Yvonne- Which BG papers are you going to use?

Bittersweet

Oh ********! Is that collection in stores already?

I found it online

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I had ordered the storybook cart from custom crops. It was backordered until Dec. 23. How do I know if it has been shipped to me or not???

Just sign in Yvonne then go to 'my account' and it will tell you the status of your order. Storybook is very popular so I reckon they have a huge back order to fill.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I think I'm going to quit the other forum I belong to. I can't keep up.

Is that the Cricuteers one Marlene? I checked over there when I got my Cricut to think about joining it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about hose to use the Cricut and idea etc, so thought I wouldn't, will just stay with this site, especially I have you to turn to as well as all the ladies now getting their Cricut's.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
I had ordered the storybook cart from custom crops. It was backordered until Dec. 23. How do I know if it has been shipped to me or not???

Just sign in Yvonne then go to 'my account' and it will tell you the status of your order. Storybook is very popular so I reckon they have a huge back order to fill.

I did that when my order was first shipped out, I was checking to see if the other items were mailed, and that one said it was shipped too, but it was on backorder. It still says backordered. Hopefully it gets here today, I so want to use it.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I think I'm going to quit the other forum I belong to. I can't keep up.

Is that the Cricuteers one Marlene? I checked over there when I got my Cricut to think about joining it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about hose to use the Cricut and idea etc, so thought I wouldn't, will just stay with this site, especially I have you to turn to as well as all the ladies now getting their Cricut's.

I think so, I am also in that group, but I don't check in there very often. I am thinking of dropping out of that group too.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
It's dinner time. I'll check back later.

Lesley - I used dried Great Northern, Navy Beans and Pinto Beans for my bake.

And has it turned out well? they don't pulp up in the pressure cooker do they?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

You can log in to their site and check your order.

I ordered all this on one order

Tim Holtz Swivel clasps
Home Accents Cart
Storybook Cart
All Mixed Up Cart

Free shipping over $100. It said on there if you ordered by Dec. 17, it would all be shipped on or before Dec. 19 and guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Well, when I ordered, I knew storybook was backordered, but it said it would be back in stock and shipped on Dec. 23. Anyways, my order was shipped on Dec. 20. I did not have it by Christmas, it came Dec. 26. The order form said storybook was backordered. I went online that day, it was in stock, I checked again today and it is backordered again, but my order history doesn't say if it was shipped or not. It is still listed as shipped with all the other items from that order. So how do I know when it was shipped or if it has been??? I sent them 2 questions about this order and they have never answered any of them. I have been hearing things about this company and that not to order from them. But I have had good luck so far. I will have 6 carts by time this one gets here. I went from only 1 to six very fast. There are others I want but not sure what other ones to really get.

I sent them an email when my 'Stretch your Imagination' cart hadn't arrived when the note said it would. Very polite and just said they hadn't met the date they had stated online and that I was ordering from Oz and needed for Xmas. I got an email back acknowledging the email, then another saying it had been shipped the next day.

So I can't say I have ever had any problems with them.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

You can log in to their site and check your order.

I ordered all this on one order

Tim Holtz Swivel clasps
Home Accents Cart
Storybook Cart
All Mixed Up Cart

Free shipping over $100. It said on there if you ordered by Dec. 17, it would all be shipped on or before Dec. 19 and guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Well, when I ordered, I knew storybook was backordered, but it said it would be back in stock and shipped on Dec. 23. Anyways, my order was shipped on Dec. 20. I did not have it by Christmas, it came Dec. 26. The order form said storybook was backordered. I went online that day, it was in stock, I checked again today and it is backordered again, but my order history doesn't say if it was shipped or not. It is still listed as shipped with all the other items from that order. So how do I know when it was shipped or if it has been??? I sent them 2 questions about this order and they have never answered any of them. I have been hearing things about this company and that not to order from them. But I have had good luck so far. I will have 6 carts by time this one gets here. I went from only 1 to six very fast. There are others I want but not sure what other ones to really get.

I sent them an email when my 'Stretch your Imagination' cart hadn't arrived when the note said it would. Very polite and just said they hadn't met the date they had stated online and that I was ordering from Oz and needed for Xmas. I got an email back acknowledging the email, then another saying it had been shipped the next day.

So I can't say I have ever had any problems with them.

I have sent them 3 emails and no reply to any of them. I have heard this about them, that they ignore your emails and only answer the ones they want.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

Lets hope its not too long before it is in stock, I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about Yvonne, I have bought so much from them and my best friend Gaelene has also. she had a cart she was waiting on once and also got very worried, but it did turn up.

Have you played around with the others yet?

I did some lettering yesterday but I have to get used to the way they cut the lettering because it explains in the manual how if you cut 'say at 1"' then that 1" is the tallest letter and others won't be as tall, so they can look a bit odd.

But gee I'm having fun with it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well its taken a long while but I'm finally ACU. Makes a difference when I don't log on in the morning (my time). But we went to Hobart early today and met friends at the 'Taste of Tasmania' and the girls also came down.

I had 2 different types of salmon and a trout dip, it is the most amazing place, think I'll go again on Saturday, I just love it but dh nags like crazy if I buy anything fried or and sweets and there is so much beautiful ice cream and berries etc, so think I will go before I go to have a look at the wedding that Erin is in.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

I was looking forward to getting 'Design Studio' but I think Marlene you are right. I am doing so many different things already that Gaelene hadn't tried and can't see the need for it other than the 'linking' of words. I don't want to do really fancy patterns or anything, I think you can do that with all the shapes etc that are available anyway.

So, I think I will order more carts before I get the software and also a jukebox.

I just love it, having so much fun playing around just testing things out and can't wait to really get serious with using it on all my LO's. It's easier to operate than I thought the only problem has been in cutting the cardstock.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:

Carrie - I miss you when you aren't around to add your irreverent levity to the group. (whew! 2 50 cent words)

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
I was looking forward to getting 'Design Studio' but I think Marlene you are right. I am doing so many different things already that Gaelene hadn't tried and can't see the need for it other than the 'linking' of words. I don't want to do really fancy patterns or anything, I think you can do that with all the shapes etc that are available anyway.

So, I think I will order more carts before I get the software and also a jukebox.

I just love it, having so much fun playing around just testing things out and can't wait to really get serious with using it on all my LO's. It's easier to operate than I thought the only problem has been in cutting the cardstock.

I got the jukebox and was asked why did I need one when I only had one cart. Well, mine will be full when the storybook cart gets here.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Forgot to say good morning Lesley

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

good morning Marlene

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi Yvonne. I really like my Juke Box, I could use another. Is there no end?!!!!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Mine is full and I could use another one, but I don't know if I want to spend $40 for another one. KWIM??

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hi Lesley - no the beans don't pulp up. They turned out pretty well.

I am at work today, but off the next 5 days. I hope to scrap and not do so much cooking.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I just looked at my hand and I have 3 very blue fingertips. It's a good thing I wore a blue jacket to work

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Leesa - are you going to find out the sex of your baby when you can?

I would have. It's very interesting having a boy and a girl, they are so different in personality but then they have a gender identification as well. I know I've said it before, but my dd has been MUCH more difficult than my son. It is probably just her temperment more than her sex.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
I just looked at my hand and I have 3 very blue fingertips. It's a good thing I wore a blue jacket to work

why are they blue???? Is it from the jacket???

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - have you tried the max settings for the Bazzil? I usually leave mine on the max for about everything except vellum or very thin pp. Most of my papers are thick. Another thing to remember expecially doing letters that have long extensions (like some of the Storybook ones) is to cut the speed down. You'll get a better result at a slower speed.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Yes, I was talking about the Cricuteers, they are very nice and I feel bad but I can't keep up. I will do this month's challenge (which is mine). It's a then and now page of a family member.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Blue from alcohol ink I was working with last night.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

OHHHH

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
I'm gonna make a baby album for a kit. I'm a bit disappointed. I assumed the pages went through the first year but it's only for the first 10 months. AND the pages included in this kit is 12x12 for an 8x8 album. Gotta cut them down.

Sounds like a beautiful idea Viv, look forward to seeing it. I've only got to wait 1 wk and 2 days and I will know what Erin & Jarrod are having (sex of child that is), then I can start buying because she wants everything either pink or blue, or different shades of that.

What I thought I would do is get started once I know in picking a range of paper like Leesa did for Noah's albm, and also get the album so it sort of spreads the cost a bit, can't wait to to a baby album, it will be a lot plainer than what I've been doing.

Don't forget to make doubles or triples. One for Erin, one for you and maybe one for the Jarrod's parents. You can do identical pages or change them, do them in different sizes. It's easier to several at a time from the same pix than spreading out that work. Plus you might avoid the feeling of one album being better than another one if they're made at the same time. I know I'm weird.

I bought two baby album kits. One for a girl and one for a boy. I'm gonna make them at the same time. Not knowing who will get the girl album. I'll not put any calendars in that one but otherwise the pages will be very similar. Just easier for me that way. Also this way it will take up less room to store if the pages are already assembled.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

OH! Good morning!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hi Viv, who are you making the baby albums for?

I have some really nice acrylic month stamps but can't find them in the Superstore.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

who are they by Marlene?

I have some from studio G and Heidi Swapp I think

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Blue from alcohol ink I was working with last night.

So your finger tips match your coat.

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Viv, who are you making the baby albums for?

I have some really nice acrylic month stamps but can't find them in the Superstore.

For a lady at church. I was so tempted to buy some stamps at HL yesterday. They were also 50% off regular price. I was really interested in the journaling stamps. But I figure I have a better work around with stuff I've already got.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

I can't remember. I'm thinking Technique Tuesday but they could be Heidi Swapp . I'll look when I get home. I bought them at Archivers when I was with our scrappy friends.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I thought I had the Heidi Swapp ones, but can't find them, so maybe I was going to get them but didn't.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I really prefer die cuts over stamps when I have the option. Lord knows I have enough papers to cut up.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Viv, that is so kind of you to make her a special gift!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Carrie had me.
I had Lesley.

Is it me, or does this sound...dirty?

Nope, I thought it sounded dirty too! But I certainly DID NOT mean it that way! Not that you ladies aren't cute...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I thought I had the Heidi Swapp ones, but can't find them, so maybe I was going to get them but didn't.

I do that all the time. I'll put stuff into my basket/buggie, later put them back and not buy them. So I forget what I bought and what I've not bought. Since I quit carrying around a purse, I don't keep my mini-album of stuff I've already bought. Besides, I seriously need to update that mini-album.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Leesa, or anyone else who knows/remembers, what is the normal schedule of check ups for a baby?

I'm trying to not take apart the 8x8 baby albums to add more sheet protectors. So some of the months will be single and some two-pagers. Baby boy is due in January, so that's a two-pager. All the papers will coordinate with each other (blues and browns) so they can be switched around some. But I want to make sure to include two pagers as best as I can.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Hey everyone! Sorry I had to disappear for awhile. Had to take the next step in the fight against my mil's stupid Christmas gift to the kids...

I'll keep reading, but what gift?

Ok, so get this... First of all, my MIL's favorite grandchild is my nephew Alex (who is 12). When school is out, he is at her house 24/7 and she doesn't want anything to do with our kids. We live next door to her so my kids constantly go over there anyway but she lets Alex get his way on EVERYTHING. So for Christmas, she buys all the kids a Wii that is supposed to stay at her house for all of the kids to use. Alex has already created over 50 Miis and doesn't let the other kids play until they threaten to leave. My mil bought Guitar Hero and some sports pack thing and my kids love Guitar Hero. So yesterday, J went to Toys R Us and bought Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith for his XBOX 360 (both for $80 by the way!). Now the kids don't need her stupid Wii. We will see what her next move is...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

That album sounds very nice.

Everytime I reorganize my scrap space it's like going shopping. I find stuff I forgot.

I need to get a better system for my acrylic stamps. They are just heaped in a little Sterlite drawer. Maybe jewel cases.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

Carrie had Shannon.
Shannon had Lesley.
Leesa had Carrie.
Yvonne had Tesa.
Marlene had Rachel.
Viv had Yvonne.
Tesa had Marlene.
Rachel had Viv??
Lesley had Leesa??

Yes, Lesley had me.... and she was awesome!

Yep, this is definitely starting to sound dirty!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:

Are you planning on using that word anytime soon... Seems a bit random.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• Sylver_Mercedes Said:
I have to go to unemployment tomorrow, this is a nightmare. I still have not received a check and I've been trying to call them for 4 weeks. This is just crazy!

Oh Sylvia, I hope that goes well for you.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Shannon - your MIL sounds like a piece of work and you live next door? The wii for everybody sounded like a good idea on paper.

My grandma had a favorite grandchild too and it wasn't my sister or me. I loved her dearly but my cousin was a brat - he lived next door to her and we lived 3 states away and only got to visit once a year so it kind of balanced out.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I have this Marlene

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - your MIL sounds like a piece of work and you live next door? The wii for everybody sounded like a good idea on paper.

My grandma had a favorite grandchild too and it wasn't my sister or me. I loved her dearly but my cousin was a brat - he lived next door to her and we lived 3 states away and only got to visit once a year so it kind of balanced out.

Alex lives right around the corner...

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 12-30-08 07:15 AM
In response to mrsmiller

ok I got this done last night, not sure if I like it ...

Pirate Day By Pammy

Page 7 of 339 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics