Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Mornin' everyone! I will only be around until about 3 today. Tonight we are going to go to the Zoo to see the lights before they take them down. We tried to go twice before but the weather has been so bizarre...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to mrsmiller

Yvonne, that's a cool container!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:
ok I got this done last night, not sure if I like it ...

Pirate Day By Pammy

Love it! The circles hold it all together. Super cute pix.

I think this is a bit of a departure from your normally vibrantly colorful layouts. If I were to change anything it would be those two large photo corners. To me they're more distracting than serving any purpose on this page. Maybe if they were a brighter color? What do you think?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I should head out and finish my errands, bank, HL, J's and maybe M's. Definitely Sam's.

Dh wants crispy fried shrimp for NY's eve dinner.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • Pammy Said:

Pirate Day By Pammy

Love it! The circles hold it all together. Super cute pix.

I think this is a bit of a departure from your normally vibrantly colorful layouts. If I were to change anything it would be those two large photo corners. To me they're more distracting than serving any purpose on this page. Maybe if they were a brighter color? What do you think?

How'd I miss this? Very cute, I love the way you cut the large photo on the left into a semi circle. Also the coordinated striped paper makes a great border on the bottom and draws the eye to the strip on the pants. I agree with Viv about the photo corners, I don't think they are needed. The alternation of the black & white and negative embellishments, to my eye, is all that 's necessary. Another fine job. I like the colors you used, fallish/Halloweeney without being cheesy.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

I like that container Yvonne. They also have a pretty nice one for distress ink pads.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:

Pirate Day By Pammy

Here's the comment that I left: I love how items extend outside of the circle. Your designs are just so clean and embellished perfectly. I like how you scrapped a traditional subject in a non-traditional way.
I also want to add that costume is pretty cool!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mrsmiller

I have these containers

Paint dabber case holds my dabber paints and stickles
embossing powder case holds my small stamps, such as Scenic Route , new Basic Grey stamps, maya road stamps, Imaginisce stamps
unmounted case holds all my Autumn Leaves stamps and a few other bigger packaged ones

I also have the distress ink case.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

Yvonne, that is a lot of really cute stuff!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I have that set of journaling block stamps. I really like them, but not as well as the one I got from Tesa for Christmas, it's a nicer size.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Good morning, ladies! Well, I guess it's afternoon here. DH let me sleep in this morning, bless his heart. We went to bed at about 1 or 2:00 in the morning and I woke up at NOON! I really needed the sleep though.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Hey guys! We have power here and no storm!

Lesley- I had a dream about you last night. In my dream you were coming to stay with me for a month, but it was a surprise. Matt spilled the beans though the night before we were supposed to pick you up from the airport. Isn't that funny?! I was super excited in my dream!

Nice to know I was in your dreams Leesa, but I don't think you would be able to handle me being there for a month, it would be like having your MIL there for a month I reckon, mind you I wouldn't mind spending time with your beautiful family.

Maybe... but I would still love to have you!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
The movers sound like real smart people...

Yeah, I am sick all the time, but hopefully it won't last too long. It will be worth it in the end, right?

Cause it will be worth it, I mean, just look at how gorgeous little Noah is, I do so hope you have a girl. I know the main thing is the health of the child but would still be nice to have a girl.

I do know it's worth it and yes, we sure do want a girl. A couple people I know are offended that we have a preference on gender. Isn't that funny? They are like, "you should just want a healthy baby." Well, they can shove it!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Yeah, I am sick all the time, but hopefully it won't last too long. It will be worth it in the end, right?

Cause it will be worth it, I mean, just look at how gorgeous little Noah is, I do so hope you have a girl. I know the main thing is the health of the child but would still be nice to have a girl.

I do know it's worth it and yes, we sure do want a girl. A couple people I know are offended that we have a preference on gender. Isn't that funny? They are like, "you should just want a healthy baby." Well, they can shove it!

Whatever! Do people actually think that you don't care if the baby is healthy as long as it's a girl... I wanted a boy and everyone knew it but if I had a girl then that would have been fine too. Actually, I wanted all of my kids to be boys...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Leesa - are you going to find out the sex of your baby when you can?

I would have. It's very interesting having a boy and a girl, they are so different in personality but then they have a gender identification as well. I know I've said it before, but my dd has been MUCH more difficult than my son. It is probably just her temperment more than her sex.

Yes!!! We are definitely going to try to find out what the baby is, that is if s/he will open their legs. lol We almost didn't find out with Noah because his legs were crossed, so the ultrasound tech told me to get up walk around and go to the bathroom. It worked!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:

Whatever! Do people actually think that you don't care if the baby is healthy as long as it's a girl... I wanted a boy and everyone knew it but if I had a girl then that would have been fine too. Actually, I wanted all of my kids to be boys...

All boys?! Crazy! I think they would be way too much of a handful. I already see the 'boyness' in Noah and he is a daredevil! He scares me!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

It's so much easier to buy gifts when you know the sex of the baby...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Blue from alcohol ink I was working with last night.

Of course! Do people ever ask you why your hands 'look the way they do' because I've gotten it a few times?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I really prefer die cuts over stamps when I have the option. Lord knows I have enough papers to cut up.

Oh boy... don't we all?!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• lilmrmaid Said:
I thought I had the Heidi Swapp ones, but can't find them, so maybe I was going to get them but didn't.

I do that all the time. I'll put stuff into my basket/buggie, later put them back and not buy them. So I forget what I bought and what I've not bought. Since I quit carrying around a purse, I don't keep my mini-album of stuff I've already bought. Besides, I seriously need to update that mini-album.

HA! Someone else who calls it a buggie, too! Matt thinks that my family is weird because we call it a buggie! He giggles every time I say it at the grocery store.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Leesa, or anyone else who knows/remembers, what is the normal schedule of check ups for a baby?

I'm trying to not take apart the 8x8 baby albums to add more sheet protectors. So some of the months will be single and some two-pagers. Baby boy is due in January, so that's a two-pager. All the papers will coordinate with each other (blues and browns) so they can be switched around some. But I want to make sure to include two pagers as best as I can.

A typical well baby visit schedule may look like this:

Two-three days from discharge
Two weeks
One month
Two months
Three months
Four months
Six months
Nine months
One year

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Dang.... you ladies were super chatty... I'm sorry for the crazy long thread jack. I'm not even done yet. haha

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Hey everyone! Sorry I had to disappear for awhile. Had to take the next step in the fight against my mil's stupid Christmas gift to the kids...

I'll keep reading, but what gift?

Ok, so get this... First of all, my MIL's favorite grandchild is my nephew Alex (who is 12). When school is out, he is at her house 24/7 and she doesn't want anything to do with our kids. We live next door to her so my kids constantly go over there anyway but she lets Alex get his way on EVERYTHING. So for Christmas, she buys all the kids a Wii that is supposed to stay at her house for all of the kids to use. Alex has already created over 50 Miis and doesn't let the other kids play until they threaten to leave. My mil bought Guitar Hero and some sports pack thing and my kids love Guitar Hero. So yesterday, J went to Toys R Us and bought Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith for his XBOX 360 (both for $80 by the way!). Now the kids don't need her stupid Wii. We will see what her next move is...

Wow, she sure sounds like a sweet lady...

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Sylver_Mercedes Said:
I have to go to unemployment tomorrow, this is a nightmare. I still have not received a check and I've been trying to call them for 4 weeks. This is just crazy!

Oh Sylvia, I hope that goes well for you.

Me too! That does not sound like fun, at.all.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:

Pirate Day By Pammy

I am loving this layout! You sure didn't lose your touch while you weren't scrapping for those few weeks. I seriously can't find anything that I would change. You said you weren't sure if you liked it?! I sure do!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Mornin' everyone! I will only be around until about 3 today. Tonight we are going to go to the Zoo to see the lights before they take them down. We tried to go twice before but the weather has been so bizarre...

Oooh! That is a good idea! The zoo in Lansing does the same thing. I bet Noah would love it. Thanks for the idea!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Oooh! That is a good idea! The zoo in Lansing does the same thing. I bet Noah would love it. Thanks for the idea!

oh yea! Take pics! (Like I really needed to tell you that...)

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:
I thought I had the Heidi Swapp ones, but can't find them, so maybe I was going to get them but didn't.

I do that all the time. I'll put stuff into my basket/buggie, later put them back and not buy them. So I forget what I bought and what I've not bought. Since I quit carrying around a purse, I don't keep my mini-album of stuff I've already bought. Besides, I seriously need to update that mini-album.

HA! Someone else who calls it a buggie, too! Matt thinks that my family is weird because we call it a buggie! He giggles every time I say it at the grocery store.

We say buggie too. We use to say davenport instead of couch too.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

You know what's terrible... I only got Christmas pictures when we went to my MIL's but I didn't get any on Christmas day at our house. I am a shame to the scarpbooking world!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
You know what's terrible... I only got Christmas pictures when we went to my MIL's but I didn't get any on Christmas day at our house. I am a shame to the scarpbooking world!

I took ZERO pics. Abby took a few with her phone though. I have piles of Christmas pics that I don't really think I'll ever scrap. I like everyday moments.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Alrighty, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day! Talk to you in the morning. I'm off to talk with the animals... and go to the zoo!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mrsmiller

Have a great night, Shannon! Have fun at the zoo.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Bye Shannon.

Leesa, I didn't take any Christmas pictures either. I got some nice shots of Betty the other day though

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Canadians call say "Chesterfield" for couch.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

I call it a cart.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Silly man.

Marlene, carts are what you use in your Cricut.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Leesa, or anyone else who knows/remembers, what is the normal schedule of check ups for a baby?

I'm trying to not take apart the 8x8 baby albums to add more sheet protectors. So some of the months will be single and some two-pagers. Baby boy is due in January, so that's a two-pager. All the papers will coordinate with each other (blues and browns) so they can be switched around some. But I want to make sure to include two pagers as best as I can.

A typical well baby visit schedule may look like this:

Two-three days from discharge
Two weeks
One month
Two months
Three months
Four months
Six months
Nine months
One year

Thank you! I want to include journaling blocks for weights and lengths at the regular check ups.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I bought more organizers. NONE of the stores I went to had any 12x12 DCWV High School stacks. But maybe that's for the best.

Now I'll play with and organize my new stuff. Then start power cropping both baby albums. I sure hope my next preggo friend is pregnant with a girl baby.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

hi ladies, I took a nap all afternoon. I don't feel well, very nausea.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Viv - I love the idea of space for height and weight, that's one of those things you think you'll remember but you don't. I remember Kyle weighed 31 pounds at 5 months old. He was such a fat baby! And all he got was breast milk. My dh used think I should register with the ADA.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

that is funny marlene

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

Wow, that was a big baby!

I plan on making the weight and height boxes to go with the regular check up times. I'm now about to Stickles the pages.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
Viv - I love the idea of space for height and weight, that's one of those things you think you'll remember but you don't. I remember Kyle weighed 31 pounds at 5 months old. He was such a fat baby! And all he got was breast milk. My dh used think I should register with the ADA.

hahahahaha

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Got the two opening pages done. I'm now apply Coffee Ice Stickles to the photo frames.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Of course, I'll need to cut out the names once I know the names. Later

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Kyle looked like the Michelin Man baby. He looked like he had extra joints in his arms and other little kids used to try to bend them.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

coffee ice stickles sound pretty.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Hey - Viv you'll have a Cricut to cut them with by then.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Mini Monograms or Printing 101 would be nice for baby names.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I had Doodle Type in my hands today and didn't buy it. That would also be very nice for baby. Oh well, since you need it I'll go buy it tomorrow for myself. I just needed an excuse.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Did I tell you guys that DH bought me the Paper Dolls cart for Christmas? I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it though... lol

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Paper Dolls is VERY versatile, lots of extras and I think the most bang for your buck.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I used Paper Dolls for my Spooky LO but haven't had it long enough to have done much. I'm using it for the book I'm doing.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

G'night ladies. I'll try to check in later I never get on with Lesley and Carrie. Oh Oh I just heard a whistle, I'm too late to get the T.V. before the hockey game. ********!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

How in the hell did I manage such a thread jack with so many people on? Talent is all I can say.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Carrie - Hell wasn't mopped but D-A-M-N was, let's see if that goes.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:
How in the hell did I manage such a thread jack with so many people on? Talent is all I can say.

lol- You are very talented, Marlene.

I'm excited to get my cart. He bought it from ebay and it should be here tomorrow or Thursday. DH was so mad it didn't get here by Christmas. Anyway, I'm hoping I can use it regularly.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• scrap4brains Said:

You sure are in a funny mood tonight! haha

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

Is there mail on Thursday???

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
Is there mail on Thursday???

Good point... no. There isn't.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

I can either cut out the names with my Wishblade , which I probably will or with one of my alpha die sets. I'm still going back and forth with getting a Cricut. Where would I put it? Would I really use it alot? Etc. Or will it start me off on collecting cartridges? I think I really should wait until I've got a steady income from sbing before getting that. Hopefully the prices will come down even more by then.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Yvonne. I really like my Juke Box, I could use another. Is there no end?!!!!

Sorry Marlene, but I'd say, NO, definitely no end.

I thought I would be happy with the 2 carts that came with my machine and I have 6 because I bought 3 and Erin gave me 1, but now I am looking for an embellishment to finish off the l/out I'm doing and can't find anything I think is suitable. So spent last night going through Cricut.com checking out all the carts and will finish going through it tonight, then I'll order a couple more.........la la la .... on it goes

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi Lesley - no the beans don't pulp up. They turned out pretty well.

I am at work today, but off the next 5 days. I hope to scrap and not do so much cooking.

That will be wonderful Marlene, look forward to lots and lots of LO's, don't think you'll break Viv's record but if the weather remains bad you could push her mark a bit...lol...we'll see, have fun in your days off.

What are the blue fingertips from?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

Hey Lesley!!! How are you doing?

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

I would have. It's very interesting having a boy and a girl, they are so different in personality but then they have a gender identification as well. I know I've said it before, but my dd has been MUCH more difficult than my son. It is probably just her temperment more than her sex.

I went 'oh no' to Erin when she said she was finding out the sex of the child, but now she's been here a while I'm pleased that she is. She is just so pedantic about everything matching etc that I think she would go crazy if everything in the childs wardrobe didn't match colour wise.

And I will start buying flat out the moment I find out.

She is going to really be brought back to earth with a thud when this child arrives, she won't know what hit her and all her fussy way may just go out the window when she realises that babies have their little say in the way things go around a household, right from the moment they are born.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
Lesley - have you tried the max settings for the Bazzil? I usually leave mine on the max for about everything except vellum or very thin pp. Most of my papers are thick. Another thing to remember expecially doing letters that have long extensions (like some of the Storybook ones) is to cut the speed down. You'll get a better result at a slower speed.

So when you say 'max the settings' do you mean the dial on the green blade housing which they say set at 4, or do you mean the dial on the left that you roll up or down 'the preessure wheel' I think its called?

Thanks for that advice on the lettering, I love getting advice from you and I know that you know what your talking about. Can understand why I would get a better result from reducing the speed, would you also reduce it for delicate work, like a lot of the things on Storybook?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• slywalker Said:
I'm gonna make a baby album for a kit. I'm a bit disappointed. I assumed the pages went through the first year but it's only for the first 10 months. AND the pages included in this kit is 12x12 for an 8x8 album. Gotta cut them down.

Sounds like a beautiful idea Viv, look forward to seeing it. I've only got to wait 1 wk and 2 days and I will know what Erin & Jarrod are having (sex of child that is), then I can start buying because she wants everything either pink or blue, or different shades of that.

What I thought I would do is get started once I know in picking a range of paper like Leesa did for Noah's albm, and also get the album so it sort of spreads the cost a bit, can't wait to to a baby album, it will be a lot plainer than what I've been doing.

Don't forget to make doubles or triples. One for Erin, one for you and maybe one for the Jarrod's parents. You can do identical pages or change them, do them in different sizes. It's easier to several at a time from the same pix than spreading out that work. Plus you might avoid the feeling of one album being better than another one if they're made at the same time. I know I'm weird.

I bought two baby album kits. One for a girl and one for a boy. I'm gonna make them at the same time. Not knowing who will get the girl album. I'll not put any calendars in that one but otherwise the pages will be very similar. Just easier for me that way. Also this way it will take up less room to store if the pages are already assembled.

Erin does scrapbooking and her style is way different to mine, she is very much the Creative Memories style but she has extremely good colour sense and uses a lot of punches as well, with a few stamps thrown in. Her work really is very simple but stunning, my dh prefer her work to the way I scrap, she still love the LO's of her wedding I've done and Jarrod does as well, but her baby album she will do.

But I am so glad you mentioned about the double at a time albums, because Jarrod' mum and stepmum who are both lovely ladies, would really love it if I did them albums and Erin won't have time...sooo thank you so much for mentioning that, I just hadn't thought about it for some reason, another great Viv idea which I will certainly take up.

I get so much help and advice from you ladies here and I appreciate every little bit of it so much, thank you again.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Carrie had me.
I had Lesley.

Is it me, or does this sound...dirty?

Nope, I thought it sounded dirty too! But I certainly DID NOT mean it that way! Not that you ladies aren't cute...

Shannon mmmmm... fancy that eh??? nah!! think its just you Carrie

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Hey everyone! Sorry I had to disappear for awhile. Had to take the next step in the fight against my mil's stupid Christmas gift to the kids...

Ok, so get this... First of all, my MIL's favorite grandchild is my nephew Alex (who is 12). When school is out, he is at her house 24/7 and she doesn't want anything to do with our kids. We live next door to her so my kids constantly go over there anyway but she lets Alex get his way on EVERYTHING. So for Christmas, she buys all the kids a Wii that is supposed to stay at her house for all of the kids to use. Alex has already created over 50 Miis and doesn't let the other kids play until they threaten to leave. My mil bought Guitar Hero and some sports pack thing and my kids love Guitar Hero. So yesterday, J went to Toys R Us and bought Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith for his XBOX 360 (both for $80 by the way!). Now the kids don't need her stupid Wii. We will see what her next move is...

Don't you just hate that Shannon...my MIL was exactly the same, she favoured Erin big time over Katie and even when she passed away she specifically left Erin her Royal Albert Coffee Set (which Erin can't stand that sort of stuff by the way), and left nothing for Katie (who, loves all the older style crockery)...how can you leave something to one gc and not another? beats me

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
That album sounds very nice.

Everytime I reorganize my scrap space it's like going shopping. I find stuff I forgot.

I need to get a better system for my acrylic stamps. They are just heaped in a little Sterlite drawer. Maybe jewel cases.

I have loads of acrylic stamps Marlene and I stick them on to a piece of acetate and then put each sheet into an A4 folder plastic sleeve, I can flick through easily then to find which ones I want.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
That album sounds very nice.

Everytime I reorganize my scrap space it's like going shopping. I find stuff I forgot.

I need to get a better system for my acrylic stamps. They are just heaped in a little Sterlite drawer. Maybe jewel cases.

I have loads of acrylic stamps Marlene and I stick them on to a piece of acetate and then put each sheet into an A4 folder plastic sleeve, I can flick through easily then to find which ones I want.

I like this idea and have seen it before. I really want to get more organized.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Pammy

• Pammy Said:

Pirate Day By Pammy

Hey pam this is just gorgeous I love it. Fabulous photos and as usual the design is great just love the way you make multi pics look so good. Colour matching is perfect as well, you have such a good eye.....Go love it girl because it is another great one.

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 12-30-08 08:14 PM
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I went 'oh no' to Erin when she said she was finding out the sex of the child, but now she's been here a while I'm pleased that she is. She is just so pedantic about everything matching etc that I think she would go crazy if everything in the childs wardrobe didn't match colour wise.

And I will start buying flat out the moment I find out.

She is going to really be brought back to earth with a thud when this child arrives, she won't know what hit her and all her fussy way may just go out the window when she realises that babies have their little say in the way things go around a household, right from the moment they are born.

I don't think I knew she was pregnant. Maybe I did? Congrats to you though!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Alrighty, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day! Talk to you in the morning. I'm off to talk with the animals... and go to the zoo!

Hope you have a good night Shannon, and, I hope you do take your camera, I don't get to see things like that here.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

I was playing with my new camera tonight, taking pics of the Christmas tree. I plugged in the tree lights, shut all the house lights off, shut the flash off and laid on the floor and took some pics. They came out neat.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Next time I get somewheres shopping, I am going to look for some fuzzy material type stuff to make a backdrop and go take pics of my nieces new baby boy. They can't afford professional pics so I will take some for them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:
I had Doodle Type in my hands today and didn't buy it. That would also be very nice for baby. Oh well, since you need it I'll go buy it tomorrow for myself. I just needed an excuse.

Oh Marlene, any excuse, I have plenty of excuses just nowhere to go buy them...lol...half your luck, have fun. I'm noting all these carts you mention and their best purposes you know...you are leading me astray!!

Luzma
Luzma 
Angel
Luzma
  • Luzma on 12-30-08 08:28 PM
In response to slywalker

Can I join this group? if is not possible no problem I understand...
Luzma

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Hi to anyone that is still on. I couldn't get online earlier this morning, Jarrod was using the computer and then they wanted to go to the cafe down the road for lunch before they head off to Hbart to celebrate New Years Eve.

I would love to be going down but DH doesn't feel up to it, couldn't have gone with them because there is a huge group they're going with, way too young for us, they will have a fabulous time, have booked seats at the Taste of Tasmania which is right on the water and where they let of the fireworks, we did it for years but hate when the nights over and your trying to get back to your care, you literally step through the broken bottles and vomit and bodies, yuk grown out of that (thats not at the 'Taste' but on the roads and parks you go through to the car park).

I feel really down that for the first time in I don't know how long dh and I are sitting home alone. He is at golf at the moment and I don't know what I hate more, sitting home just the 2 of us on New Years Eve, or, him coming home from golf saying 'we're going to such and such's house whom I probably won't know and won't want to go to', he's easier than me, I am a 'must be planned' sort of person and don't like last minute invitations, makes me feel like 'hey why didn't you invite us in the first place'.

Our friends that we usually spend New Years Eve with are all away on the mainland travelling over the holiday break, thats the reason for this.

Anyway, maybe I'll celebrate by ringing around waking people up to wish them a happy New Year (our time)...lol....mmmm maybe

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

As far as I know, we are not doing anything special for new years. Krystal isn't coming home and Brian and Brianna (his girlfriend) are going to a party somewheres by Krystal and asked her if they could spend the night there. She said she didn't know, she didn't want them all drunk and crazy at her place.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Brian lives 3 hours from Krystal.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72

• scrap4brains Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
Just wanted to see if "Beotch" would get bleeped. Nope, it didn't. That's just the shits.

Carrie - I miss you when you aren't around to add your irreverent levity to the group. (whew! 2 50 cent words)

Man Marlene, I had to look those words up to figure out what you were talking about!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

Hi Yvonne and Carrie....I agree Carrie I had no idea what those words meant...thats what happens when your dealing with legal begal stuff all day...sorry Marlene I'll never be able to match that..lol..

Aren't you ladies up very late?

It's New Years Eve hear but only 3.55pm in arvo at the moment

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Meak72 Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Way to go, lady. You really know how to make all the kids feel special, eh?

So sorry that happened to your kids Shannon. I'm really glad Jason went out and pulled one on his mother!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

Hey Lesley. It's 9 PM here. Which reminds me, QVC is on with Creating Keepsakes ********. I'm going to go see what they have.

Expert
In response to Meak72

Hey Lesley and CArrie! Hope I caught you online. Doing laundry right now. Exciting stuff!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
Hey Lesley. It's 9 PM here. Which reminds me, QVC is on with Creating Keepsakes ********. I'm going to go see what they have.

Lucky you, we used to get the American Scrapbooking shows on 'pay tv' but they obviously weren't getting the audience required to keep them on, because we get none now. I was so annoyed because I used to record them all, got so many good ideas from them.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

It is 12:17 AM here.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I am always up very late. I am cleaning up my house and doing some laundry

Expert
In response to slywalker

Well I'm off to bed. Talk to you later girls

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

Sorry Sylvia, looks like I just missed you, How have you been and how was Xmas for you.

Thinking of you with the job hunting and good luck with your appointment.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Yvonne, how on earth can you do laundry after midnight, let alone other house work, yuk, I wind down mid arvo.

Off to finish my LO now, then guess I'll have to start thinking about dinner as we aren't going out.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to slywalker

Going to bed. I should have gone a couple of hours ago but wanted to get more Stickles added. I'll Stickle the other two pages in the morning. Something to look forward to.

Good night, all.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Night Viv, have good stickles dreams !!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Yvonne, how on earth can you do laundry after midnight, let alone other house work, yuk, I wind down mid arvo.

Off to finish my LO now, then guess I'll have to start thinking about dinner as we aren't going out.

I took a nap all afternoon

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lilmrmaid

Hi, I went to bed very early and now I'm up. Thought I'd just add a post for the heck of it. Happy New Year, Lesley. We are going to a party with some friends at the Christopher Columbus Hall (a club that promotes their Italian heritage - for my dh, it'd be like golf for Lesley's). I asked my dh if I could bring a board game or deck of cards because last year the party was so booooorrrrinnnnng. He gave me the look.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I have to do housework first thing in the morning or I don't get to it. Today I'm taking down all the Christmas stuff.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Lesley - I'm at the point where I don't really care for any parties and I especially don't like spontaneous invites.

Sorry about the big words, I wasn't showing off, sometimes I can't think of smaller words to say what I mean without going into long boring paragraphs like this one.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics