Username Post: ideas to organize stickers?        (Topic#1490625)
naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 01-01-09 12:16 AM

Hi everyone, I'm made a complete mess , I have no idea how to organize my stickers,I just keep them in a box, so when I need to use them I can not find the rigth one because they are all mixed, any idea?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

TinkFreak117
Veteran
TinkFreak117
In response to naf

I used like a filing cabinet. With sections like winter, spring, summer, fall, love, letters, guy stuff, other, etc

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to TinkFreak117

I used a really big three ring binder, with page protectors , which I labeled for the different types of stickers. I can find what I want quickly, and put them back when i'm done, and the binder is on the shelf next to my albums.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Jalynne

I use the three ring binder system too. In addition to page protectors , I use photo pages and baseball card holders (all designed for use with three ring binders). These will hold a variety of sizes very nicely.

toddlerdayz
Veteran
toddlerdayz
In response to TinkFreak117

• Jalynne Said:
I used a really big three ring binder, with page protectors , which I labeled for the different types of stickers. I can find what I want quickly, and put them back when i'm done, and the binder is on the shelf next to my albums.

I do this with my alphabet and number stickers. But, never thought of doing it with my other stickers. Thanks!

Edited by toddlerdayz on 01-01-09 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to naf

I also use a 3 ring binder with clear pocket pages. Each pocket holds a different theme -- seasons, alphas, journaling, family, pet, etc.

Riegel
Riegel 
Tenant
Riegel
In response to itsyscrapper

I use a 3 ring binder as well and love it.

GymnasticsMom
Expert
GymnasticsMom
In response to Riegel

I have 2 of those 3 drawer organizers with the deep drawers. One of them is smaller than the other so I have them stacked. I have the smaller one labeled seasonal/holidays...baby/children....misc.....and then I have the bigger one for all of my alphabet stickers and the packs of stickers that are too long to fit in the smaller organizer.

the 3 ring binder is a great idea! I would have never thought of doing that! Thanks for the idea!

Coolbunny
Veteran
Coolbunny
In response to GymnasticsMom

I just got some of those cube organizer units from Micheals (the white ones), which can be stacked, etc.

I decided to take up three drawers for my stickers. Because I didn't want to be digging for them in each of the drawers, I got clear plastic zip lock bags and sorted them by themes:

1. Celebrations - all birthday stickers, graduation, etc.
2. Love - wedding, valentine hearts,
3. Family
4. Vacations - beach stickers
5. Easter
6. Halloween
7. Misc.
8. Foam (the foam stickers I have)
9. Glitter (like the diamond shaped gems, etc.)

I think I had a few other themes/categories. I JUST sorted them out TODAY!! So I don't know how it will work, but I'm excited that they will be easy to reach so to say.

Have fun organizing your stickers!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
I use the three ring binder system too. In addition to page protectors , I use photo pages and baseball card holders (all designed for use with three ring binders). These will hold a variety of sizes very nicely.

This is what I do too!! The baseball card holders are the way to go!:)

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to itsyscrapper

• itsyscrapper Said:
I also use a 3 ring binder with clear pocket pages. Each pocket holds a different theme -- seasons, alphas, journaling, family, pet, etc.

I bought a 13x7 expandable file for my stickers today at HL. My binder was getting way to bulky to carry around. The exandable file is great!

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to Jalynne

• Jalynne Said:

What a WONDERFUL idea!! Thanks

Joelle m
Tenant
Joelle m
In response to mommy3girls

I used an old shoe rack to hang them (see a pic in my gallery) and I used binder rings to sort them by theme.

Sweetpea523
Idol
Sweetpea523
In response to Joelle m

I'm still ol' skool. I have my stickers in a photo storage box. I used purple and green notecards to separate the categories and alternated each color for easy findage. You just have to find what works for you - lots of great ideas so far!

mlynnm
mlynnm 
Guru
mlynnm
In response to Sweetpea523

Great question and ideas, thanks everyone!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to naf

I put mine in a big letter size envelope and store them with the patterned paper for the same theme. I like it that way then I have all the stuff together.

Guru
In response to naf

Since I'm a total newbie I appreciate reading all these things from those more experienced.
I've been keeping the few I've got loose in the box with one of my kits. I have to make sure all this stuff is out of reach of my granddaughters as they opened my first kit and tore up a sheet of vellum stickers. Can't wait to get out and into a place of my own where I won't have this problem. I'm aiming for an efficieincy apartment and there's no where for one of them to hide whil they do something like that.

snowflake150
Expert
snowflake150
In response to moodymolly

i'M GOING RIGHT NOW AND REORGAINZING MY STICKERS.
THANKS SNOWFLAKE150 SORRY EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to snowflake150

I started with organizing all of mine in a 7x13 file...but then I accumulated too many so I moved to the binder system. I separated them by theme in binders and put them into page protectors . I have just recently changed again because I had filled 5 binders (I think I have a problem) I now have all of my rubons and stickers organized by theme and hanging on 2 Clip It Up s. They hold so much, but I still needed two, crazy I know, but I absolutely love them. It is so easy to see and get to everything. Goodluck organizing!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 01-07-09 08:11 PM
In response to llprncess3

Thanks everyone, I already ordered the PSB binder and refills, I'm excited about start to organize all the sticker I have, and now I;m thinking that maybe I'm gonna buy more PSB binder for my clear stamps, alphabets etc!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:
PSB Binder - Black/Navy (Discontinued)

Edited by naf on 01-07-09 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to llprncess3

I used to have them in 3 ring binders but then when we moved I didn't have the right setup for them so I put them in my file cabinet... it works great built into the desk so it is right beside me when I need my stickers.

KatyKatsMama
Pro
KatyKatsMama
In response to pearlygadget

Clip It Up !

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to KatyKatsMama

mine r not organized at all!

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to naf

I have a large three ring binder that I purchased from Creative Memories quite a few years ago (6 or 7, I think). There were pages with pockets that came with it. I haven't been to a CM event for over a year (just too busy) so I am not sure what they have now but this works great. It zips up so when I take it out to crops or traveling it is secure. Not all brands of stickers will fit, however so I have to cut and trim to make that happen.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to mj scrappin'

I used a three ring binder until it got so full and heavy! No I put them in large ziptop bags in a hanging file and I LOVE it-- As soon as I get home with them, I find which category they go with and put them away--

purpleprincess99
Tenant
purpleprincess99
In response to terrihooper

I started with drawers, then accordian file then baseball card holders and a binder (it didn't work very well for 12" x 6" so then I tried the Cropper Hopper sticker envelopes. But then I discovered the best storage for me the psb system. I am now up to 10 binders. Can we say I don't need to buy anymore stickers. I separated out the binders into categories so if I no I am doing a wedding album I just grab that binder. It holds everything securely and can hold 12" border strips without problems. Good luck finding the system that works for you.

Mrs. Gibbs
Veteran
Mrs. Gibbs
In response to purpleprincess99

I just organized mine in a 12x12 scrapbook I haven't used. I love it & it's not very bulky.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 01-20-09 09:24 PM
In response to Mrs. Gibbs

thanks, I started to use my new pbs binder but it seems that I going to need more than one , I never thought that I had so many stickers

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to naf

What is a PBS binder?

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 01-22-09 11:54 PM
In response to jacquie44

this is the PSB binder, if you have (like me ) hundreds and hundreds of stickers you are gonna need more than one... and refills!!!
PSB Refill - DIVIDERS (Discontinued)

Mommy2Four
Pro
Mommy2Four
In response to naf

I use clear plastic bags. They are sorted by season, holiday, sports, baby girl, baby boy, school, etc. I created labels and stapled them to the tops of the bags so I can access them easier. Then they are placed in 3 large baskets so I can readily see what I need. I used to use the 3 ring binder, but it just didn't work for me as well as this does. When I am creating a page, let's say a baby boy page, I just grab the entire bag with all of the stickers in it and take it to my desk. When I'm done, I just place everything back into the bag and place it back in the basket. ...Just my two cents...Hope this helped!

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to naf

• naf Said:
this is the PSB binder, if you have (like me ) hundreds and hundreds of stickers you are gonna need more than one... and refills!!!

Yes I am a rub-ons and sticker junkie! I am soooo loveing this and it is on sale!! Hopefully next week it will be on sale as well--ty for the description added it to my wish list

Matthews Wife
Expert
Matthews Wife
In response to jacquie44

I use that PBS Binder, I love it! But...my friends Granny just quit scrapping and she gave me a grocery bag full of stickers! So I think I am going to make a Clip It Up for my scrapbook room to hang some of those on.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to Matthews Wife

I have all mine in a file drawer.

Janaqins
Veteran
Janaqins
In response to naf

Many of my embellishments are too long/large for a binder, so I use 2-1/2 gallon jumbo zip lock bags. I attached file labels at the top of each bag so I can easily see what is in each one (Baby, Baseball, Dogs, Letters, School, Spring, Words & Phrases, etc. etc. etc.), then store them upright in alphabettical order in a Sterlite plastic bin (okay, actually, THREE plactic bins). The bags are large enough that I can also include 12x12 paper for that subject as well. When I am working on a basketball LO (for example), I pull out my basketball bag and everything related to basketball is right there.

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to Janaqins

Thats a GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 02-09-09 11:46 AM
In response to Janaqins

• Jan Duran Said:
Many of my embellishments are too long/large for a binder, so I use 2-1/2 gallon jumbo zip lock bags. I attached file labels at the top of each bag so I can easily see what is in each one (Baby, Baseball, Dogs, Letters, School, Spring, Words & Phrases, etc. etc. etc.), then store them upright in alphabettical order in a Sterlite plastic bin (okay, actually, THREE plactic bins). The bags are large enough that I can also include 12x12 paper for that subject as well. When I am working on a basketball LO (for example), I pull out my basketball bag and everything related to basketball is right there.

I like the idea because who does not have zip bags at home? thank you

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to naf

I use 3 ring binders, old plastic photo pages, full sheet pages (clear), and even baseball card sleeves for a variety of sizes to put the stickers in. I have several books that I have made for these to keep like items together,examples would be all my holiday stickers are in one book (all V-day, then Easter....you get the idea). I have found it is less expensive to keep them this way than in the big sticker book/bag.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to naf

Creative Memories had a sticker organizer a few years back and I have it organized like flowers, nature, kids, words, birthday....etc. I really like it, except I need another one!! I have too many!

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to Scraptastic Mom

I have my stickers in a clear Rubbermaid drawer, my hubby bought me a 5 drawer tower = )

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to mommy3girls

LOOSE LEAF RINGS They come in all sizes and just twist open and snap shut. Zip Loc Plastic Bags in variouse sizes. With my hole punch I just punch a single hold below the zipper in one corner so it does not interfear with the zipper closing. I have sorted things by theme and also by color if I have alot of one thing like flowers. I have also sorted things like shapes by size. They are all on the rings and then I just hang the rings on my peg board or in my hanging file for papers or projects. They are easy to grab and take with me for a crop. It is nice because they are in clear bags and easy to just throw in any of my travel bags to a crop. But I really like some of the other ideas too when you have a ton of stickers. I don't collect alot of them. The most i have is the ones I have for all my Disney Albums. I also use the trading card pages from the hobby store but they are open at the top and if the book gets turned upside down they fall out.....so even in there I put them in bags with in the pockets, so I don't end up with a mess. Thanks for the thread.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 02-20-09 07:32 PM
In response to KITswpa

• KITswpa Said:
LOOSE LEAF RINGS They come in all sizes and just twist open and snap shut. Zip Loc Plastic Bags in variouse sizes. With my hole punch I just punch a single hold below the zipper in one corner so it does not interfear with the zipper closing. I have sorted things by theme and also by color if I have alot of one thing like flowers. I have also sorted things like shapes by size. They are all on the rings and then I just hang the rings on my peg board or in my hanging file for papers or projects. They are easy to grab and take with me for a crop. It is nice because they are in clear bags and easy to just throw in any of my travel bags to a crop. But I really like some of the other ideas too when you have a ton of stickers. I don't collect alot of them. The most i have is the ones I have for all my Disney Albums. I also use the trading card pages from the hobby store but they are open at the top and if the book gets turned upside down they fall out.....so even in there I put them in bags with in the pockets, so I don't end up with a mess. Thanks for the thread.

Thanks for the idea!!!

teddy_bear0110
New Kid On the Block
teddy_bear0110
In response to naf

I have an old accordian file that I just organized mine in. I don't have to many yet, but it was getting hard to find what I wanted from the pile.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 02-28-09 09:06 PM
In response to naf

Hey girls, I have good news for all of you!!! Today I went to "wal e mart" and they have binders on clearence the brand is MEAD the color is pink/blank or gray... I have bad memory but the thing is, this bind is almost the same thing than the PSB binder but the Mead one was just 4.50 dls!!!!!!I already tried the PBS refills I have to spare and they work perfectly sooo, hurry up and get yours at "wal e mart"!!!!

ScrappyChrissy
Expert
ScrappyChrissy
In response to naf

I use a soft lure organizer from Bass Pro Shops to organize my stickers/embellishments. Each bag is labeled with a category like "Baby" and I try to keep each bag in alphabetical order. I like this b/c it is easy to take to crops but I don't like that 12 x 12 stickers don't fit in it. I keep 12 x 12 stickers in a page envelope. Here is the link so you can see my sticker organizer.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser vlet/Produc...

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to KITswpa

• KITswpa Said:

Thank you for the great ideas

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to naf

I have a big 3 ring binder, and I buy the collector card pages. that have the slots in them. and I organzie my stickers in there. Good luck on finding your style!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics