Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: FULL/ACTIVE ~~ 7 Days of Swapping - Valentines Day        (Topic#1490663)
Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis

Pals out: 1/1
Kits received by your partner by: 2/7

The 12 Days of Swapping Christmas swap was such a hit…..I figured let’s do it again!

Max 2 spots per person. I will accept partner requests, however, you may not have the same person you had last round. You may want to send me a list in order of preference in case I can’t give you the person you requested.

7 Days of Swapping
($35 gift swap)

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not be made to have the same person that has you – that way everyone still has the ability to request who they want.

You will send your pal 7 gifts total – all scrapbooking related. Each is wrapped separately and must be have a tag marked with the date your pal is to open it. Your tags can be simple or elaborate (it’s up to you), but must contain at least 1 technique or embellishment and be obviously valentine related. For instance, a die cut heart stamped with the date would be fine…or you can go crazy with even more techniques or embellies. You mail them all together along with a handmade Valentine’s Day card.

You must mail your pals package so that they receive it by February 7th (very important).

On February 8th your pal will open their handmade card and their first gift labeled for that date.
Then on February 9th they will open their next gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until February 14th when they open their last and biggest gift.
This why your pal must have their package by 2/7

Each day everyone will hopefully post what they received as their gift for that day.

All items must be storebought, from your pals wishlist/survey, be scrapbooking related and be new/unused. No goodie bags are allowed – all NIP.

The total value of the first 6 gifts (2/8-2/13) must be a minimum total retail value $25.

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Valentine’s Day must be worth at least $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought)

Any additional handmades or gifts (scrapbooking related or not) are optional/extra…but who doesn’t like to be spoiled? Stay away from dollar stores to be safe. Don’t be cheap. Follow your pals wishlist(s) and survey for items that count towards the minimum requirements. The best way to make your pal happy is to follow their wishlist – can’t go wrong there!

Mailing
Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open (8-14).
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 2/7. Don’t cut it too close!!!
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit

Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day.

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps.

= recd package from pal

Me
Dixiecorngirl
Navyaowife2005
CaughtULokN2
Mommie75
Mommie75
Marciaray
Pattie G
RN2007
scrappindmbfan
scrappindmbfan
Vawm
Vawm
TINK12170
Farnsworth
haasiendamom
ScrappyNewMom
livn4change
livn4change
Byondbzr
CMLeach
ScrapAddict21
ScrapAddict21

Edited by Tigergenesis on 02-11-09 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to Tigergenesis

Okay, check your pm’s shortly for your pals.

I’d also like to take a moment to emphasize a few of things for this swap.

It seems in several swaps lately I’ve had to play ‘mean hostess’ due to low quality items being sent, minimums not being met, people not receiving items on their wishlist in wishlist only swaps, people substituting something on a wishlist with a low quality alternative, etc. So……..just a few reminders…….

1no one likes a cheap pal. Do not send anyone something from the dollar store, a brand sold in dollar stores, low end items, stuff from your stash you don’t want, anything that looks like it came from the dollar store or any store that isn’t for scrapbooking!!!! If your pal said in their survey that they like dollar store stuff, or they like Miss Elizabeth brand, etc - then that’s fine. Just because someone says, “I’d love anything”…. doesn’t necessarily mean they would be fine with dollar store stuff. I do buy some dollar store stuff for myself – so I use it at times. But I would never send any in a swap (or any other off brand, low quality item, etc). A good guide for brands is those sold here on sb.com or other high-end scrap book stores.

2 - Everything you send your pal that counts towards the minimum must be NIP. You are welcome to send extra goodies (storebought or handmade, scrapbooking related or not), but it is not required and does not count towards the minimum. I highly recommend following your pal’s wishlist for most/all of their goodies – after all, that’s why it is there. That’s the best way to please them. But of course you can use their survey to help you shop – just be sensible about it.

3 – You must meet the minimum! If you want/can spoil your pal with more, then you are welcome to do so. But do not expect the same in return as not everyone can spend over all the time. But you should expect to receive high quality items.

4 – Remember that the last gift must be a minimum of $10 retail. The other 6 gifts must total at least $25. If you choose to spend more on days 1-6 does not mean day 7’s gift can be less than $10.

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

got my pal - thanks - very excited!!!!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to Pattie G.

cant wait to get my pal and start looking at her wishlist.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to navyaowife2005

Got my pal. Got everything printed off. Now all I need is to SHOP!

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170
In response to CMLeach

woot!!!!!!!!!! Got my pal..hmmm she is really making me think hard for this one LOL..I love it :)...now off to shop

CaughtULokN2
Guru
CaughtULokN2
In response to TINK12170

Got my pal and going shopping tomorrow!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to TINK12170

I got my pal!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to scrappindmbfan

got my pals and made a order yippee

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to mommie75

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I know, I know, I know I love to shop...LOL! yippeee pal, I hope you are ready to get seriously spoiled!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to dixiecorngirl

Placed an order for my pal!!!!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

I have a question. If I have over 7 gifts, do I wrap some of them together?

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to ScrapAddict21

you can wrap/give more than one item for a day. You could make the extra item(s) something they can open up early...whatever you want to do. As long as there are 7 days of gifts, the first 6 days add up to a minimum of $25, the last day is a minimum of $10, they are all NIP, they are all storebought, they are all scrapbooking related, they are all high quality and they all follow your pals wishlist or survey.

Anything over that can be goodies bags, non scrapbooking, not from their wishlist, handmade...whatever. You can add those extra items to any of the 7 days, let them open them early, attach them to the outside of the package with the tag.........it's up to you. After the minimum the sky is the limit.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

great! Thanks!

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

• Tigergenesis Said:

Me too! (with ACB)!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Pattie G.

Yay! I got my pals and am ready to SHOP!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to Pattie G.

• Pattie G. Said:
  • Tigergenesis Said:

Me too! (with ACB)!

Me too! Today is free shipping day! And I ordered some stuff from my mom's store too. Now I'll work on the tags and card and I'm all set.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

You are all so fast!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to RN2007

i was craving for a reason to shop! lol

Anyone interested in a discount code for Scrappy Jo's or free shipping info for AC Bailey pm me.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

lol discounts but i tihnk i might be done with this swap shopping already got in a rush lol

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-01-09 06:12 PM
In response to mommie75

Just checking in!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to vawm

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl

hola!

marciaray
Diva
marciaray

Ordered my pals gifts, will start working on the card.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to marciaray

I am here and have my pal yipppeee!!!

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom
In response to farnsworth

Good morning!!!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to haasiendamom

Okay ladies...some of you really need to load up those wishlists with more items!!!

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

I'm soooo excited!!! My pal has so many yummy things on her list, this is going to be fun.

I think I'll get my pal some ***** no maybe some ***** or what the heck I'll get both

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to RN2007

Marsha -- too funny

I'm kinda running into the...what do I want to give for the big gift, cause the first 6 days will fall into place then so much easier.

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom
In response to CMLeach

Just checking in...I'm soooo ready to shop but DH told me today that I"ve got to go easy on the money for the next week or so... maybe I can at least go make some lists.

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to ScrappyNewMom

My newest swap: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/15/ti...

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

I finished shopping for my pal!!! I just put the order in, I can't wait to give you ****** and ****** and all the other fun scrappy things

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to RN2007

geesh, I haven't even started yet.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i have one pal done one part of the way done working on finishing her right know ..i am not shopping from here thou they really take forever.. i made a order on 12/23 well it has not gotten her yet it did not even ship still tue or wed this week.. i usally do not shop from here because of that reason...

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to mommie75

I have to go back to work on Monday, wanted to at least get the shopping part done. I have a feeling this on is going to creep up fast

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

• dixiecorngirl Said:
geesh, I haven't even started yet.

Me neither! Not really. Looked at the wishlist and that's about it. Got lost in all the wonderfulness that now I want!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to CMLeach

I've got one pal shopped for. Still figuring out what to get my other pal. Got my tags done though. Still need to work on the cards.

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom

Who's up for a challenge????

I challenge everyone to add 10 embellishments under $5 to their wishlist :-))))))) Here I go......

Gayle

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis

Excellant idea Gayle! Off to add to my list....

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom

I did mine :-)))) Found lots of good stuff.

Gayle

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Oh sheesh... 10, under $5!

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom
In response to CMLeach

• CMLeach Said:

Come on you can do it All the more for your pal to choose from :-)))

Gayle

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170
In response to mommie75

ok,.,I added 10 more hehehehe..oh this was fun

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

• haasiendamom Said:
  • CMLeach Said:

Come on you can do it All the more for your pal to choose from :-)))

Gayle

Ok ok... So I added...not 10, but, oh heck. I stopped counting.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to CMLeach

Kelly, I think you needed to delete 10 items from your wishlist. I have to refresh like 4 or 5 times in order to see everything.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i got my tags done.still have to do the card

kellys list is huge.. i love huge wishlist gives you alot to choose from

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to mommie75

morning everyone.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i am so flipping mad.. i know know why i never shop from here!!!!

i placed a order for one thing one thing only on the 23rd of dec yes i know there is holiday's in there but i just check and it is not going to get here till jan 7th!!!!!!!!

it was sent ups on the 30th..

i think it is just plain stupid for any order to take 2 freaking weeks to get here no matter if there is holiday's in there or not.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to mommie75

They say they ship orders within 1-3 business days, and yours shipped on the 4th business day (if they only took off 1 day for Christmas).

But, yeah, I get upset about the shipping from here too and to be honest, now I only shop from here if I have a GC b/c I can get much better prices and shipping elsewhere...almost ALL of my orders from here have taken at least 2 weeks to get to me.

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.
In response to Crystal B.

Hi - I'm going to try to add to my list now!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

yeah everything else i have order from every where else had made it some things in matter of days i order something the friday after x mas it was here mon. i hate waiting and do not understand what takes so long

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Pattie G.

i did not add anything but my wishlist is huge not as big as kelly's but still huge lol

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to mommie75

I can't really see being upset at shipping here when if you choose the standard shipping option it's 4-9 days just to start with. Let alone then if you order over a weekend, holiday, etc. Two weeks really isn't that much then. Just me though.

I did order for my buddy! I sure hope she likes everything! Oh wait, I ordered directly from the wishlist. Can't go wrong there, now can I?

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
yeah everything else i have order from every where else had made it some things in matter of days i order something the friday after x mas it was here mon. i hate waiting and do not understand what takes so long

since my mom started her online store i've learned the reason behind this. even though a store has an item for sale it doesn't mean that they have it in their inventory. It would be nice to have everthing in inventory, but very expensive. they may have to order it from their supplier and wait until it they get it before they can ship to you. This should be built into the shipping time that they quote, but at times it may take longer since the store is at the mercy of their supplier and the UPS, etc. Around the holidays many online stores 'closed' or changed their shipping times because their suppliers did the same and/or to take into account the slower mailing times with the post office, UPS, etc.

But anyway, I don't get why it takes 2 weeks after they shipped for something to get to you. That's crazy.

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to mommie75

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i ordered the disney album kit they had during the 12 days sale.. so i was also charged 10 something in shipping i know they had them in stock/ they do not sell things that do not have in the store.. but i can not understand why it takes so long to get to me once it has been shipping ..

heck usps flate rate would have been cheapers and faster than ups.....

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to mommie75

that's crazy. you're right...usps flat rate would have been better

Edited by Tigergenesis on 01-03-09 07:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

lol yeah but what is one to do..

i made orderes yest to finsih my pals . but they did not come from here want to make sure i have the stuff in time!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to mommie75

I just ordered from here for my pal. I think I've accepted that sb.com is always longer to ship (it does clearly say 4-9 days under the standard shipping option), but I hate how expensive it is and that they never really have sales. They charge regular retail for everything. I also agree that they don't go the cheapest route for shipping, I understand that boxes bigger than 12x12 are a little bit more to ship, but my order was $9 to ship...it's not going to be that heavy at all...

I do have to say though...that I love the forums here and I wouldn't be able to live without them, and I appreciate the gallery so much that I'm willing to support sb.com at least 2-3 times/yr to help support the website. I feel that the extra money they're making is at least going to a great cause (and I would complain if they charged for access to the site, but I would probably pay it)

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to mommie75

most online stores loose a lot of money in the shipping, but since sb.com calculates shipping by weight (which is why it's higher) they probably don't loose much.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to mommie75

sb.com doesn't really have any control over how long UPS takes to deliver something, so that's not really their fault.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.

Okay, I added some things to my wishlist...even though I definitely didn't need to! lol.

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170

well I have only ordered here once and that was the last days they had their 12 days of shopping..well I DID have to get the Mickey special right lol..and I got mine oh jeez. like 5 days later or so. But I can find better prices elseswheres...like Kelly's moms store :)..ps LOVE her store!!..off to place my pals order now.

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

looks like my pal updated her wishlist!!! but she also deleted something I already ordered! I'm sure she won't mind getting anyway! LOL

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to Pattie G.

Have my tags done! Now I just have to wait until my order gets here. I won't have a free weekend to work on this again until the weekend of Jan 24th

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170
In response to RN2007

• RN2007 Said:
Have my tags done! Now I just have to wait until my order gets here. I won't have a free weekend to work on this again until the weekend of Jan 24th

TAGS!! now how did I almost forget this important part lol..must make them this weekend..maybe tonight..got a silly dinner at my SIL to go to since DH is putting in a new floor in her house..I got to much to scrap to go out

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to TINK12170

I added a couple things under $5 to my sb.com wish list and added a TON of scrappy things under $5 to my amazon wishlist.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to RN2007

My pal added some more to her wishlist! You go girl!

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

Finished my card

Disclaimer to my pal ~ I am not a card maker, I tried

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to RN2007

Dang it! Card! That's what I forgot to do while I was scrapping!.... Oops.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to CMLeach

Go Chris, you can do it

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to RN2007

marsha hum your pal is not the only one that needs that warning mine both just better remeber i do not do handmade swaps for a reason!!!!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-03-09 04:57 PM
In response to mommie75

Got shopping done for one pal and partially for the other. Now off to make cards and tags!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to vawm

i got tags done going to try and get cards done tonight if i can pull my self away from the computer long enough lol

CaughtULokN2
Guru
CaughtULokN2
In response to mommie75

I have got the starts of my card and tags ready. If I can keep the cat off my scrapping space now.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to CaughtULokN2

lol i finish mine and put them in the right box there is no keeping two of my three cats off my stuff they think it is there space..

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom
In response to RN2007

• RN2007 Said:

I added a couple things under $5 to my sb.com wish list and added a TON of scrappy things under $5 to my amazon wishlist.

I had no idea they had scrappy stuff! Cool!

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to ScrappyNewMom

I'm not sure if Amazon does or not, but they have a neat little feature where you can add things to your wishlist from any online store to your amazon wishlist. It was especially nice at Christmas. My husband and kids just pulled up my amazon list

marciaray
Diva
marciaray
In response to Pattie G.

01/04/09 07:48 AM - Post#9626435
In response to All4mygrl

UPDATE LADIES:

cindy10
Pro
cindy10
Loc: Never Never Land!!!
Reg: 04-18-08
cindy10's Gallery 01-03-09 11:28 PM - Post#9626215

Hello~
My wife, Cindy, has just been released from the hospital, where she had been for nearly one week. She will be OK, but has had a small stroke. She had a profound headache, and became paralyzed (temporarily--they say...), and also is having diffculty with her speech. She seems to improve with each passing day, but has a long road ahead...
I believe that Cindy is the Host of several "swaps," and she will not likely be able to keep up with these. And I am sure you can relate to the fact that I have no idea what other "swap groups" she belongs to.
If you know Cindy, and are willing to help by taking over the hosting of one or more of the "swaps" she is the Host for, please respond to this message. I believe that she is trying to say that perhaps someone IN each "swap" might be willing to lead it until it is over?
For anything she has committed to mail things to other people for: Cindy will not be able to follow through with these, as they will fall onto MY lap, for about one month (?) I hope that any other Hosts will be understanding. Cindy has often spoken of the problem of swap "flakers (?)" and would not wish to be categorized in this way.
Finally, if you are reading this, and know of any person)s) in particular who need to know about Cindy's condition, but may not have read this, please forward this message, if that is a possible function on this website. Otherwise, if you can communicate with them via another function, I (and Cindy) would appreciate it if you would be kind enough to do so.
Thank you very much,
Lew Buchanan

I know cindy had signed up for this swap so lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to marciaray

i was just getting ready to post this

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to mommie75

OMG! That's awful...poor Cindi. I can take her spot if you want kelly, just pass along the information.

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005

Oh No! My thoughts and prayers are with Cindy and her family.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007
In response to navyaowife2005

awww, that is so sad. Cindy

I work with stroke pts in the acute phase, so I know what she's going through, it's a tough thing and it does take awhile to heal.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Pattie G.

one of my pals has not been on since this thread was posted wonder where she is at

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom
In response to mommie75

Morning ladies. Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Gayle

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

take that back she changed her pic!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to mommie75

Thank you for posting that Marsha. I was just about to share that info with others.

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis

• scrappindmbfan Said:
OMG! That's awful...poor Cindi. I can take her spot if you want kelly, just pass along the information.

Thank you Nancy, I'll let you know if I need to take you up on that offer.

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170

OMG!! My heart, thoughts and prayers are with Cindy and her family. If you need any help with this Kelly just let me know!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to TINK12170

Thanks Tink. If I need help with this swap, Nancy has already offered.

I have removed Cindy from my other swaps so now I have empty spots that need angeled if anyone can help. The links are in my sig below.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

morin ladies

haasiendamom
Expert
haasiendamom
In response to mommie75

Morning everyone. Have a good day.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

I know I was done, but I couldn't resist and picked up a few more things for my pal today

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to RN2007

i know the feeling i have so much comming this way for my two pals i will have to go threw it all when it gets here and see what i have comming i can not even remeber what all i ordered.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to mommie75

Keeping Cindy in my thoughts..

I have started shopping,but some things I want to get aren't at my LSS so I'll have to order from here..

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to byondbzr

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to CMLeach

hello to my 2 pals!!!!!!!

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

I'm waiting patiently for my order to come for my pal...!

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170
In response to Pattie G.

Hello Pal hehehehehe
I got your card all done, tags all done, gifts ordered and picked up locally. I think I got way more than the days will allow. But hehehehe I can't resist a deal

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to TINK12170

you are not the only one i just got click happy

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics