Page 2 of 262 
Username Post: The Sassy Blinging Babes COF (Full & Active!)        (Topic#1491213)
sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to CraftyCandace

Congrats to Candace and Andrew - I bet that made your day!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to sit out the recipe swap this time around. Right now I have got a horrid cold. (Ended up coming home from work early tonight.) And on top of that I have two major projects due at the same time and I just don't think I could get a third done, too. Ordinarily I would love something like this. Maybe next time I can participate.

What two projects do you have due?
hope you feel better soon!

the first one was the VCW circle journal...WHICH I was about a quarter of the way through with when my Glue glider Mini thingy decided to be temperamental. Exchanged it yesterday and then came down with a heinous cold. (These things hit me all at once sometimes.) Second one is an Ayers Rock circle journal. That one is actually due about the time of the recipe swap here, but I'm trying to get them both done and mailed at the same time.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thank you ladies!

You are right, Bonnie. It did make my dad. I was feeling kinda crummy this morning and now I feel much better!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to -Kristy-

1. Could you live without your phone (including cell phone) for 1 week for $500?

NO! We don't have landlines, just our cells. (this way we can be reached wherever we are.)

2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most?

My mom and a couple of close friends.

3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did?

My friend Dee.

4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want?

Sara Ramirez!!!!

5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to?

Actually LESS. I text a LOT though.

1. What was your favorite toy as a child?

My box of Crayola Crayons. I can remember being Lizzie's age and wanting nothing more than the big box of 64 colors...

2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"?

I have several: My Cricut, my MacBook, and my iPhone...the Wii is a family toy.

3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up?

My bicycle.

4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now?

Not into dangerous toys now.

5. What one toy do you wish you had/have?

Now? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Then? A dollhouse.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-

Candace,
Congrats to both of you!!
It's a beautiful ring!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to -Kristy-

Allie, thanks for the Zicam tip! I'm going to go get some!!!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to BlingQueenRia

Congratulations Candace!!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 11:15 AM
In response to DaniKat

YAY!!!! Candace!!!!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to rtay

Yay Candace!!!! Congrats!!! Do tell... give us the details... did he get down on his knee?? Did you cry??? I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to ScrappyPrincess

Rhonda~ that camera story is priceless!!! Is it completely working again?? Like is the lens going back in when you turn it off??? Sounds like me though, breaking things.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to sbartist

Thanks for the new thread! Sorry I've been busy... unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning the house (so much dust in 3 weeks!!!), fighting jetlag, sorting pics, uploading pics, making DVDs and photobooks....

Anyway, still got a bunch to do... we'll see how well I do.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
I think this group needs some thought provoking questions. So based on Friday Fives, here is a set of 5 questions to ponder:

1. Could you live without your phone (including cell phone) for 1 week for $500?

Yes. I only use my cellphone for emergency uses.

2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most?
My scrubby. And it's usually "I'm picking up the kids" or "you're picking up the kids?" or "need some garlic" Sooo unromantic!

3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did?
My parents. I miss them very much. I used to call them once a week ever since I left home for school at the age of 15. After my dad passed away, I started calling my mom daily.

There are days I almost wanted to just pick up the phone and 'call them' and tell them how good Audrey had been, or how Brian learnt to ride his new bike. I soooo wish I could still make those calls.

4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want?
Can't think of anyone I'd like to call...

5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to?
A lot less... can't really enjoy an uninterrupted call unless I lock myself in a room with kids trying to break down the door!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to jellyziva

Did anyone else watch The Bachelor last night?!?

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to TxAllieGrl

Thank you everyone!

Shannon - Yes, we had went to eat lunch, just like normal, and we got back to my house and I was about to go inside and he grabbed my hand and told me to wait and I turned around and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! And I cried and I think I said yes like a million times!! Even though I knew about it, nothing prepared me for that moment. It was so sweet.

This has been the best day of my life so far! I just got a call from the lady at the school district. She wasn't there when I went earlier so I left my paperwork on her desk. She just called and said they have a job for me. One of the special ed teachers had to have surgery and will not be back for the rest of the semester so they are offering me her job. I will be teaching English, Math, Science, and Leisure and Recreation (crafts and things), to high school special education students. I am so excited!! I will have my very own classroom. She freaked me out when she said math and science but she said not to worry because most of them were only on a 3rd grade level so it would be basic addition and subtraction and just life skills like counting change. She is recommending me for the job and the school board will vote on it next Tuesday night. She wants me to call her on Wednesday morning to find out the results of the vote. She said they have never turned down one of her recommendations before so she is 99% sure I will get the job. She said if I get it then I could start next week but I told her I would need to give my current job 2 weeks notice and she said that was fine. Best day ever!! Thank you ladies for letting me share my joy with you!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Oh and thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Congrats, Candace! How awesome!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Candace - you need to go buy a lottery ticket, you are on a winning streak! A marriage proposal and a new job all in one day! Congrats to you.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Welcome, Melissa!

I am still trying to catch up...

And one more set of Fives:

1. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Not a toy, but my blankie.. I have to have it at nite.. for 16 yrs!

2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"? Currently? My Wii Fit

3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up? Hm.. my mom is pretty obsessed about safety ... none, I guess

4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now? The oven! It's really dangerous for my waistline!

5. What one toy do you wish you had/have? An iPhone that comes with a FREE data plan.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Ria... you poor thing... I hope you feel better soon!

Rhonda... your lens/camera has its own will! The on/off button is not enough to control them!

Sorry Allie.. didn't catch Bachelor .. the kids are still jetlagged.... refusing to go to bed until midnite, so I have no TV time!

I want to do the challenges.. but I have a few things to work on first... the recipe one sounds like fun... let me go find the post....

Candace.. just saw your new post... double the congrats!!!

Edited by jellyziva on 01-06-09 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Can't wait to get back to scrapping... oh...

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
Candace - you need to go buy a lottery ticket, you are on a winning streak! A marriage proposal and a new job all in one day! Congrats to you.

That's funny you said that cause I saw a billboard today and it said the Powerball was 105 million and I said hmmm...today's a good day to play the powerball.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

I do not recall - do we have a January challenge / host yet?

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to jellyziva

Candace: Congrats on your job offer!!! This is your luck day! I like Bonnie's idea of getting a lottery ticket.

Allie: I didn't catch the Bachelor last night. I was so tired from being o my feet for 12 hours I just took and bubble bath and tried to go to sleep. That reminds me I need to check the DVR to see whats on there.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to sbartist

I'm in agreement with Bonnie! Candace, go get yourself a lottery ticket!!!!!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Bonnie~ I don't think there has been a monthly challenge for January posted yet. Are you offering to host???? teehee

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Bonnie~ I don't think there has been a monthly challenge for January posted yet. Are you offering to host???? teehee

If no one has posted a challenge, I will come up with one and will post by tomorrow. I am sitting here at work perusing several back issues of Scrapbooks Etc. because my boss threw his back out and I have nothing better to do but surf the net and get caught up on SB mags!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

HI Ladies wow so many cool things going on! Candace you are on a roll. I teach and I hve never known a school board to say no not even if the person has a shady past which I am sure you dont! Congrats to on the engagement too. Ria Apple users unite:) mine is I think at the end of its days just had to get a new logic board thought I lost 7 years of pics but they were all there when I got it back! now the bat is dead. Maybe I should throw it on the floor lol. I will check in with you all later tonight. Thanks again for all the welcomes. I hope I can have a lo to share!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to northernmemories

Bonnie - Enjoy your lazy day at work! We are looking for a host for the valentine's ATC swap which will be the January challenge. I think. Dawn, Rhonda...please check me.

The only problem is they don't have the lottery in MS. I'd have to drive across the state line...oh it's only 15 min away but I'm lazy!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Thanks everyone for the congrats!!

Allie, nope didn't see the Bachelor. I was all into the new episode of One Tree Hill. I've been watching that show since high school.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Bonnie, I'll be looking forward to the challenge. sometimes it takes the challenges to get me scrapping and really trying to come up with new ideas, instead of doing the same kids of things over and over.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• candylou Said:
Bonnie - Enjoy your lazy day at work! We are looking for a host for the valentine's ATC swap which will be the January challenge. I think. Dawn, Rhonda...please check me.

I don't really want to host an ATC swap, so if we just need a challenge to motivate us, I can post one. I can always host another challenge another time with a prize.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

That works for me, Bonnie. I always need something to get me motivated.

If anyone cares to see, I just TRIED taking a pic of my ring. TRIED being the key word there.

Edited by candylou on 01-06-09 02:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Challenge:

Create a LO (any size) and incorporate the following:

1. Use a SKETCH of your choice (post a copy of the sketch with your LO so we can see how you changed it up).

2. Make a TITLE for your LO (bonus if you make it monochromatic).

3. Incorporate a CALENDAR PAGE from any month or year into your LO (use as an embellishment).

4. DRY EMBOSSING (if you don't own embossing folders, brass stencils or the like and need ideas on how to do this, let me know and I can post some).

5. Include a CIRCLE somewhere (can even be an "O" in your title; or circling a date on your calendar).

Have fun creating.

Edited by sbartist on 01-06-09 02:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

Oh, I like this challenge Bonnie! Lots of fun techiques thrown in there. Thanks!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Dani @ your comment on my ring. Shannon asked me the same thing. I told her it felt so wierd for that one moment I had it off.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• candylou Said:
Oh, I like this challenge Bonnie! Lots of fun techiques thrown in there. Thanks!

Candace - your "circle" can be your ring!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
  • candylou Said:

Candace - your "circle" can be your ring!

Oh what a wonderful idea!!!! Thank you, Bonnie! I hadn't even thought about scrapping that. DUH!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Bonnie, that IS going to be a challenge. Can you pm me the ideas for dry embossing?? I don't have any of those things...

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

I got the new oriental trading scrapbook catalog today and there are some really cute things in there. Wish I could afford to get some stuff... oh well, maybe next month

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Bonnie, that IS going to be a challenge. Can you pm me the ideas for dry embossing?? I don't have any of those things...

Shannon - PM me your email addy and I will send you an email with some color pics and directions that I just ripped out of a magazine and scanned at work.

Edited by sbartist on 01-06-09 03:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to sbartist

Cool challenge Bonnie!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Shannon - if you own any chipboard pieces, you can do the dry embossing.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to sbartist

Bonnie, you've been PM'd

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Bonnie, you've been PM'd

Pm'd and emailed back.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to sbartist

Hi Babes....

Candace I'm so Happy for you...It's so nice when you meet your soul mate...Plus he supports you with your
Scrap Booking and that's Great...
My DBF is so great about my hobby hmmm maybe i'll be next. anyways
Melissa Welcome..
A recipe card sounds awesome I'm A cooker even though I dont do it Much anymore... I'll read back in the posting more to really understand what were doing..

Rhonda your Camera story made me Laugh...
I'm Glad its there for ya its funny we dont realize what we have till it's gone.

I know there's tons of postings
but I'm not gonna be able to respond to everyone.

Your All Awesome...

Talk to ya all soon
Cyndi

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to cynscrapgirl

Im gonna try to answer the questionnaire if I can figure out how to paste all the questions..
I'm still Learning..

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Noelle welcome back..
Glad things are going good .....

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:22 PM

Hey Babes!!!
I am back.....
Well to moan and groan a bit.....Charlie was suppose to get out of the hospital this morning, and they changed their minds and decided to keep him until tomorrow...then at 3:30 this afternoon he cals and says "how fast can you get here?" , he drove them so nuts that they went ahead and let him go.....so, I caled Vince and we ran to Phoenix and picked him up....and you would have thought he would have been dressed, had tings packed and ready to go, but NO, he had to wait till I got there to get mad that he wasn't ready...Now he's heard it from me a million times, I'm a MORNING person, as the day goes on, I go downhill..now I don't blame him for wanting out, but he could have had enough respect to be READY!!!!
He has to go to the hospital twice a day up here and get IV antibiotics for 31 more days, and the first one is at 9 tonite,,,,he can drive, but he somehow thought that I should go and sit for an hour while he does this.....NOT!!!! Why do I have to keep reminding him that I am not his wife? I'm just a little pissy tonite. I told him I'm going home and I need to NOT hear from you for at least a couple of days.
Okay, I'm done ranting...and thanks for listening!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:25 PM

• northernmemories Said:
HI Ladies wow so many cool things going on! Candace you are on a roll. I teach and I hve never known a school board to say no not even if the person has a shady past which I am sure you dont! Congrats to on the engagement too. Ria Apple users unite:) mine is I think at the end of its days just had to get a new logic board thought I lost 7 years of pics but they were all there when I got it back! now the bat is dead. Maybe I should throw it on the floor lol. I will check in with you all later tonight. Thanks again for all the welcomes. I hope I can have a lo to share!

Hey , who knew, and if I hadn't done that, my camera would be in the trash right now, instead of working perfectly!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Hey Babes!!!
I am back.....
Well to moan and groan a bit.....Charlie was suppose to get out of the hospital this morning, and they changed their minds and decided to keep him until tomorrow...then at 3:30 this afternoon he cals and says "how fast can you get here?" , he drove them so nuts that they went ahead and let him go.....so, I caled Vince and we ran to Phoenix and picked him up....and you would have thought he would have been dressed, had tings packed and ready to go, but NO, he had to wait till I got there to get mad that he wasn't ready...Now he's heard it from me a million times, I'm a MORNING person, as the day goes on, I go downhill..now I don't blame him for wanting out, but he could have had enough respect to be READY!!!!
He has to go to the hospital twice a day up here and get IV antibiotics for 31 more days, and the first one is at 9 tonite,,,,he can drive, but he somehow thought that I should go and sit for an hour while he does this.....NOT!!!! Why do I have to keep reminding him that I am not his wife? I'm just a little pissy tonite. I told him I'm going home and I need to NOT hear from you for at least a couple of days.
Okay, I'm done ranting...and thanks for listening!

Rhonda - you just need to say "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" to him! I'm sorry he had your running ragged today, so not fair to you. I bet you are exhausted. Don't forget to take care of you.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:26 PM

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Did anyone else watch The Bachelor last night?!?

I watched it...and I have things to say about it too, but will wait until we know who watched, isn't watching, and who tivo'd and hasn't watched yet.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:29 PM
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
Challenge:

1. Use a SKETCH of your choice (post a copy of the sketch with your LO so we can see how you changed it up).

3. Incorporate a CALENDAR PAGE from any month or year into your LO (use as an embellishment).

4. DRY EMBOSSING (if you don't own embossing folders, brass stencils or the like and need ideas on how to do this, let me know and I can post some).

5. Include a CIRCLE somewhere (can even be an "O" in your title; or circling a date on your calendar).

Have fun creating.

This will be fun...do we have a due date? I have never done a LO from a sketch, but I have some saved to my favorites that I have been wanting to use....

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

No due date, just for fun.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:31 PM
In response to sbartist

Candace...congrats on the WHOLE day...you need to scrap today for sure!!!! Your kids will be thrilled to read about it one day!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:34 PM

• cynhotaz Said:
Im gonna try to answer the questionnaire if I can figure out how to paste all the questions..
I'm still Learning..

Make em' blue and copy and paste to your new post, then if some one else has answers there, just erase those and add your own....if I can do it, you can do it!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 07:41 PM
In response to rtay

Just a reminder about the Weekly Challenge
The weekly challenge will be due on Thursday, and I will post the next one then.
I have been working on the Certificates for those, and hopefully will be able to get Shannon's in the mail to her with in the next 2 weeks.
I also have my pattern for the Personal sized Cricut perfected....I made a purple one and appliqued a butterfly on it, and doing a little hand beading to bling it up a bit.....it's super cute...I will post a picture of it tomorrow and get Candace's started.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
Challenge:

Have fun creating.

That's a cool challenge... I hope I'll have some time later on.... not sure yet, but it is a great challenge.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to rtay

Hi Babes!
Bonnie - thanks for the offer of helping out on the recipe swap - I'll see how many we end up getting and then see how much it will cost
Hi Melissa
Chelle - thanks for updating my info!
Rhonda - your camera story absolutely cracked me up - must of shocked it into life! Deffinately scrapworthy!
Candace - Woohoo on your job!!!
Noelle - so glad to hear you're on the mend!
Kristy - you own a Cobra Mustang! My hubby would swoon!
Candace - your ring is drop dead gorgeous!! You lucky girl!!!
Ria - your circle journals sound like fun - reminds me of mine, which I miss dearly
Hi Shirley!
Bonnie - awesome challenge - have to go take some more photos!
Well I'm home with the girls today, Jas went back to work 2 days early (havoc at work, no petrol in Brisbane, all hands on deck basically!) We arn't doing too badly, I've managed to get online, update my blog, make lunch and basically have a normal day! Woohoo I can do this (yes I've had my doubts) Now I'm off to find a sketch to use for the challenge! I have just the box to use for the recipes too - I just have to see if they'll fit! Have a great day everyone!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-06-09 09:22 PM
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I just finished putting one of my cubes together, and I'm going to turn in for the night..
See you Lovely Babes tomorrow!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

Yes, I will be the hostess for this month's challenge!
I will be posting the challenge requirements in the morning and the challenge will also be posted on the opening post at the bottom.
We have decided to change something about the challenge. It is still going to be a Valentines ATC challenge swap.
But this time, we are taking a specific list of ladies who want to do this and those who are participating in the challenge/swap will only send their ATC's specifically to each other.
This way, we are only sending and receiving with those who are participating in the challenge/swap. It just seems more fair this way.
More specifics will be forthcoming tomorrow.
Get ready to have some BLINGY VALENTINES FUN!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

Allie, thank you again for the Zicam suggestion. I've been on it for almost 12 hours now and I'm already starting to feel partly human again!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Here is a ten week challenge that I am involved in. The first week's voting poll is up. Anyone can vote.
Vote for the best, not just cause you see something you may recognize as a LO I have done.

Scraptathlon poll-vote please!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to DawnInAZ

Okay I finished my layout for the challenge - couldn't get to the shops for more photos, so I found some of my neice Bethany.

It's for balance
By Sarah-Scraps

Picture of sketch I used for "It's for balance" layout
By Sarah-Scraps

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Here is a ten week challenge that I am involved in. The first week's voting poll is up. Anyone can vote.
Vote for the best, not just cause you see something you may recognize as a LO I have done.

Scraptathlon poll-vote please!

Voted - what a fun challenge.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Sarah you are on a roll, I haven't even begun mine yet! TFS, left you some

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to sbartist

Candace - if you're a OTH fan, do you know the Actor Barry Corbin? He played the Coach (Whitey) on the show?? He lives around the corner from me..I see him at my favorite sports bar/grill all the time. Super nice guy!

Ria - I'm glad the zicam is helping!! I swear by it. Colds used to last a week or more for me..started in my head, moved to my chest. I'd spend at least 2 days crashed out on the couch. With Zicam, the colds are about 3 days..and while I'm still really tired, I can function (sorta!).

Bonnie - super tough challenge! I'll see if I can summon some mojo, but not optimistic. I have to go out of town this weekend...when I had planned to scrap.

Sarah - motherhood agrees with you! or at least, with your scrap mojo LOL you go girl!

Dawn - will check out the challenge for ya.

Cyndi - it sounds like your DBF is a keeper! YAY!

Rhonda - bless your heart for taking care of Charlie...he sounds a little - dependent? I can't wait to dish about The Bachelor...oh boy oh boy!

to the rest of our Babes!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

JANUARY VALENTINES ATC CHALLENGE/SWAP

OK Ladies, time to get your ATC groove on!!
I will be hostessing this month's challenge.
I am asking that you "sign up" to be on the list for this challenge. The participants of this challenge only have to send their ATC to the other participants, not all members of SBB, as in the past challenges.
I will keep a running list of participants on the opening post.
Here are the requirements:
1. Must be new as of today (1/07/09).
2. Your ATC dimensions are 2.5" x 3.5"
3. Must have at least two hearts on the ATC.
4. Must have bling!
5. ATC must be completed and uploaded by 6PM AZ time on 2/05/09.
6. In order to qualify for a prize,I must receive your ATC by 2/08/09.
7. All ATC's need to be mailed out no later than 2/09/09, please. Please don't flake on this part.

Please PM me to enter or with any questions on the swap.

READY, SET, CREATE!!

Edited by DawnInAZ on 01-07-09 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 07:49 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

I am asking that you "sign up" to be on the list for this challenge. The participants of this challenge only have to send their ATC to the other participants, not all members of SBB, as in the past challenges.
4. Must have bling!
7. All ATC's need to be mailed out no later than 2/09/09, please. Please don't flake on this part.

Please PM me with any questions on the swap.

READY, SET, CREATE!!

You know I love them ATC's....I'm in!!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 07:51 AM

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Candace - if you're a OTH fan, do you know the Actor Barry Corbin? He played the Coach (Whitey) on the show?? He lives around the corner from me..I see him at my favorite sports bar/grill all the time. Super nice guy!

Ria - I'm glad the zicam is helping!! I swear by it. Colds used to last a week or more for me..started in my head, moved to my chest. I'd spend at least 2 days crashed out on the couch. With Zicam, the colds are about 3 days..and while I'm still really tired, I can function (sorta!).

Bonnie - super tough challenge! I'll see if I can summon some mojo, but not optimistic. I have to go out of town this weekend...when I had planned to scrap.

Sarah - motherhood agrees with you! or at least, with your scrap mojo LOL you go girl!

Dawn - will check out the challenge for ya.

Cyndi - it sounds like your DBF is a keeper! YAY!

Rhonda - bless your heart for taking care of Charlie...he sounds a little - dependent? I can't wait to dish about The Bachelor...oh boy oh boy!
to the rest of our Babes!

yeah...he's a pain in the arse!!!! Maybe we should talk about the Bachelor thru pm's so we don't put the other Babes thru having t read about it......PM me when you can

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 07:52 AM
In response to rtay

Good Morning Babes!!!

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes

All three challenges are now listed at the end of the opening post!!

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes

Rhonda, myself and Candace have been added to the ATC challenge list of participants.
Anyone else who wants to sign up can PM Dawn to do so.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 08:01 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn- I voted in your challenge......there are alot of you girls participating in Scrapathalon..

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Dawn- I voted in your challenge......there are alot of you girls participating in Scrapathalon..

It's fun so far!
But I have looked through past gallery entries and she tends to give real interesting LO challenges! So it will be a very different way of scrapping for me. I am so used to sticking to mostly "my way" of scrapping. This is helping me to sort of get "out of the box" and "go off road."
(Cliche' woman today aren't I?)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

4. Must have bling!

Please PM me with any questions on the swap.

READY, SET, CREATE!!

You know I love them ATC's....I'm in!!!!

I have added that I would like people to PM me if they want to enter. I have already added you and Candace though.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

Hey girls!!!

It's a snow day here. Suppose to only get 4 to 7 inches. Hoping for the 4. I wanted to go grocery shopping today. That's what I get for not checking the weather.

I made it through my doctor appointment a couple of weeks ago. Easier than the biopsy, that's for sure.

I haven't scrapped at all. Good news is that I have been quilting and knitting.

I dropped my phone in the sink. So it's kinda dead now. I had for like almost 3 years. Still loved it though. BUT I love my new phone even more. I bought an iPhone. I've been wanting one since I got my ipod Touch. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

yah Ria! Always nice to feel human

Sarah - looooooove that layout

Candace - Loved Barbies too. They have the coolest stuff out now.

Bonnie - My mom had a Mrs. Beasley doll... and she will go on and on about it! I wish I could find one for her.

Great idea for a recipe swap! Not sure if I will join yet. It's been a long time since I've had a chance to scrap for myself. My recipe book can always use new ones Dani is right. They go together really really really fast! Making 30 isn't bad at all.

Hi Melissa!

Rhonda - I'm so glad your camera is alive again!!

Boys are stupid. Yup.

CONGRATS Candace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! On the proposal and the job!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to _courtney_

• _courtney_ Said:

Bonnie - My mom had a Mrs. Beasley doll... and she will go on and on about it! I wish I could find one for her.

I don't have my original doll, however when they reproduced her a few years back, I ordered one for myself and my mom ordered one for me as surprise gift too. So now I have two. One sits in my scrap space in a doll chair next to me, the other will stay boxed.

The reissued Mrs. Beasley has Cheryl Ladd's voice.

Here is a link: http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-3276 1...

She is expensive, but so worth it to me.

Edited by sbartist on 01-07-09 08:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • sbartist Said:
Challenge:

Have fun creating.

That's a cool challenge... I hope I'll have some time later on.... not sure yet, but it is a great challenge.

Here are some really cool calendar ideas too!!
I will try to get this done, Bonnie! Great idea! I love all your twists!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Rhonda- Charlie sure needs to try to not depend on you so much. It sure is nice of you, though, to have helped so much!
Can you bump your weekly challenge up and maybe even post it on the OP at the bottom where the other challenges are listed? Thanks!

Candace-I am so excited for you and your DF!! (Isn't it cool you can now refer to him as DF instead of DBF?)
And the new job!! WOW what a day you had!
I will try out the recipe swap. I am not a real good cook, but I do have some family recipes to pass on!

Chelle-are the kitties being nice to ya today?

Courtney- Great to see ya!!

Shirley-we missed you so much! I hope you and the family can get this jetlag stuff outa your system soon!

Allie and Ria-feel better soon!

Allie-I am not a watcher of Bachelor or really any reality shows at the present. I did notice that the current guy was on the Bachelorette finale, right?

Sarah-oh wow that baby has sure grown!! I will leave love later!!

Everyone else- I must get back to work here!
Will pop back in at lunch!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DawnInAZ

Thanks for the calendar links Dawn.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
  • _courtney_ Said:

I don't have my original doll, however when they reproduced her a few years back, I ordered one for myself and my mom ordered one for me as surprise gift too. So now I have two. One sits in my scrap space in a doll chair next to me, the other will stay boxed.

The reissued Mrs. Beasley has Cheryl Ladd's voice.

Here is a link: http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-3276 1...

She is expensive, but so worth it to me.

wow my mom would freak! That'd be a great birthday present.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

Dawn thanks for the links I can use them in 365 project too

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

Sarah I love the lo!!!!
Bonnie question about embossing can we use paper that has already been embossed? Can the embossing be done on metal?

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• northernmemories Said:
Bonnie question about embossing can we use paper that has already been embossed? Can the embossing be done on metal?

Yes and Yes.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

thanks I had another questin just cant remember...stupid spelling lesson ...lol

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 09:49 AM
In response to sbartist

Personal Sized Cricut Cover By Rtay
Personal Sized Cricut Cover with Bag By Rtay

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

thanks that reminds me my question what are the certificates and are you sharing the pattern for the cricut cover or are you selling them? Sorry if this is something I should know. I am so excited to be here. Oh and do I pm my personal info to someone specific or to the sbb identity that started the thread:)

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

BTW Rhonda I love it! I have wanted one for so long!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:

Rhonda - this is beautiful. If I owned one, I would order from you.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 10:11 AM

• northernmemories Said:

I'm selling them....I fianlly perfected the pattern...that is the first one, and it sold as soon as I posted it on the main forum. I'm doing Candace's next.
I see in your gallery that you quilt....you do beautiful work.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 10:14 AM

• northernmemories Said:
thanks that reminds me my question what are the certificates and are you sharing the pattern for the cricut cover or are you selling them? Sorry if this is something I should know. I am so excited to be here. Oh and do I pm my personal info to someone specific or to the sbb identity that started the thread:)

I am making certificates for the weekly challenge winners, because there is not a RAK involved, and I want the winners to have something...
Your info is already in the opening post, so you don't have to do anything.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 10:16 AM
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
  • rtay Said:

Rhonda - this is beautiful. If I owned one, I would order from you.

Thank you Bonnie!
I love that you put your challenge in your signature...it makes it so easy to find, and Lord knows, I'd spend forever searching for it otherwise.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • northernmemories Said:

I'm selling them....I fianlly perfected the pattern...that is the first one, and it sold as soon as I posted it on the main forum. I'm doing Candace's next.
I see in your gallery that you quilt....you do beautiful work.

Thanks I havent done much since last christmas because I have been scrapping more and its loud I was afraid I would wake up dd I need a new machine! lol

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Bonnie I totaly agree that is so cool its in your sig!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • northernmemories Said:

I am making certificates for the weekly challenge winners, because there is not a RAK involved, and I want the winners to have something...

Thanks for your answers....That is so nice you are making a certificate I would say that is an awesome RAK!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

4. Must have bling!

Please PM me to enter or with any questions on the swap.

READY, SET, CREATE!!

I did not address this part very well in my post.
You need to make one ATC to upload and post by 2/05/09. That one you need to send to me, because whoever wins needs to have it to me by 2/08/09. The rest of the ATC's, for whomever participates, need to be mailed out to everyone else by 2/09/09.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I hope that clarified it?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • northernmemories Said:

OK, But Chelle needs your address info, Melissa, otherwise people cannot send you anything.
The address info gets inputted into the Excell file and then she can send you the file.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Hi Ladies...........

Dawn I would like to do the challenge.
Thanks for the change in who you mail them to. Its a little tough getting so many out with out participation From all..
I know it was a busy time of year for the last ATC hopefully more ladies can participate this Time...

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Hey babes! Hope you all had a great day.
The weather here is [email protected] again today. WE got freezing rain yesterday and most of the night, then all it has done today is rain. It's supposed to snow tonight. 1-3 inches and another 1-3 tomorrow. At least it's not as much snow as they are calling for where Courtney is.
I called my Dr. today and got an appointment to talk to him about starting Clomid for help with our fertility issues. I'm a little nervous about it for some reason. I'm not sure why though... this is my best chance at conceiving without too much outside intervention. Anyways, I go see him on February 6th.
I'll catch y'all later!

Page 2 of 262 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics