Page 3 of 262 
Username Post: The Sassy Blinging Babes COF (Full & Active!)        (Topic#1491213)
BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to TxAllieGrl

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Ria - I'm glad the zicam is helping!! I swear by it. Colds used to last a week or more for me..started in my head, moved to my chest. I'd spend at least 2 days crashed out on the couch. With Zicam, the colds are about 3 days..and while I'm still really tired, I can function (sorta!).

Yah, I'm really tired but last night I was able to function. Today I'm feeling about 50% of my usual mischievousness. I'm doing a DayQuil/Zicam combo and it is really kicking this cold in its butt. Jeremy's getting sick now, so I'm going to have to share some of my "cocktail" with him so he's not as sick.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

*flexes muskles*

scrapbooking supplies saved the day!!! Jory has a project for school, and he had to cut a side off a shoebox (I think for a diorama). Anyway, the box he had was a Nike box and those boxes are made weird with so many flaps and everything. When Jeremy cut off the front side as per Jory's homework directions, the side flaps came apart and the box wasn't three-sided anymore. Momma came to the rescue with her Terrifically Tacky Tape and saved the day!!!! Box is now three-sided as Jory needs it to be, and peace reigns supreme...at least for now.

My work here is done!

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-

HI Babes!!
Just dropping by to say HI.
I'm gonna go try and catch up on some gallery love.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to -Kristy-

It is snowing like crazy here tonight! I just had to run to the store (only about a half mile away) It's too cold and snowy to walk, so I drove, and some stupid kids were running across the road and one stopped in the middle of the street... the vehicles in front of me stopped, but I couldn't... the road was ice under the snow... so, i put my car sideways right on Main Street! it was kinda fun!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to -Kristy-

Better late then never....

1. Could you live without your phone (including cell phone) for 1 week for $500?
No I love my phone.. (Just being honest)

2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most?
My Daughter..

3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did?
My Best Friend in California.. My home State..

4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want?
Maybe Carnie Wilson

5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to? Less .. We Text alot

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 03:16 PM
In response to ScrappyPrincess

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
It is snowing like crazy here tonight! I just had to run to the store (only about a half mile away) It's too cold and snowy to walk, so I drove, and some stupid kids were running across the road and one stopped in the middle of the street... the vehicles in front of me stopped, but I couldn't... the road was ice under the snow... so, i put my car sideways right on Main Street! it was kinda fun!

Your lucky that you only went sideways and didn't hit anything or anyone....your a NUT!!!!
But I use to love it when those big ole Haul trucks at the mine would side in the rain,,,it was freaky but fun at the same time!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

I was thinking about doing some needlework on a LO
I bought some needles today I bought Singer heavy duty hand needles would this be the correct kind for needle... What kind of thread do you use.I'm gonna watch some videos ..
Thanks with any info

Cyndi

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 04:12 PM
In response to cynscrapgirl

Candace...this is yours
Personal Sized Cricut Cover By Rtay

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to rtay

Rhonda~ those Cricut covers are so adorable!!! I always get a little scared when the brakes lock. My anti-lock doesn't work right, and I always forget. But, then it's kind of an adrenaline rush after the initial shock of being sideways. LOL

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Shannon it snowing like that here too but I had to try and stop for a deer I didnt slide but i had a car behind me. I was trying to get my camera out so it could be my picture of the day but he moved quickly only after I stopped completely.lol
Cyndi- I stitch on my los and I use the needles that came with my Making Memories tool tin. I did today use a cross stitch needle. I prefer the longer one but the other worked just fine. I use embroidery floss like DMC. I use a paper piercing tool to punch holes before I bring on the thread it makes it so much easier. Hope that helps.
Here is the lo I finished today I stitched on either side of the flower.
Always Remember By Northernmemories

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to northernmemories

I just finished my challenge LO, I'll take some pics and upload later... or tomorrow.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Melissa thanks for the tips...
Rhonda Love your colors on the Cricut covers..
again gosh your talented... I mean Artistic..
I feel bad for you babes in the snow...
I'm cold here in Arizona...

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Hi ladies!

I missed you today! I was busy at work and couldn't come chat. I had a great day at work and was "floating" all day long. I don't think anything was gonna get me down.

Bonnie - Is there a deadline for the challenge? I'd like to order some of those calendar things from the store that Dawn posted and I'm not sure when they'll come in. Never mind...saw your next post. Thanks.

Shannon - Let me know if you want to place an order with Oriental Trading. I got a coupon in the mail from them today. It was $5 off an order of $39.

Rhonda - You said you're not Charlie's wife...true...but it seems like he's treating you more like his mother! Your covers are beautiful...I LOVE MINE!!! I mailed you a check yesterday (Yes, I was later than I said...sorry!). I will post a pic on my blog (and in my gallery, too) and tell everyone where they can get them.

Dawn - Thanks for hosting the ATC challenge. If the PP has hearts on it does that count as two hearts? As soon as I get done with my post here I will go vote. DF...yeah I'm gonna have to get used to that one! I'd love for you to share your family recipes.

Allie - That's so cool! I didn't know where he lived. He's a good actor. Thanks for sharing!

Courtney - I'm glad your appointment went okay and at least you got a phone you really love now!

Hi Melissa! I hope you're enjoying it here with the Sassy Blinging Babes. I think they're pretty awesome. But I'm biased. I love your LO!

Shannon - Making that appointment is the first step. You'll never know unless you try. *HUGS* We'll be here for you.

Ria - I hope you're feeling better! That's such a cute story you shared. Yay for scrapping!

Hi Kristy!

Cyndi - When I did the stitching on my LO, I used DMC (I think that's what it's called) thread that is used for cross-stitching. It's very cheap. I picked up a few basic colors and some ordinary needles. Like Melissa, I used a paper piercer to punch the holes first. Much easier. By the way, I also used the stitching templates from Bazzill . I love them.

Sarah - Wow, you're fast with the challenge! It looks beautiful.

Hi to anyone I missed. I think I'm all caught up now. I'm off work tomorrow and Friday. Andrew's going to register for school tomorrow. I think I'm going to enjoy the time to myself and get some overdue scrapping done.

Good night!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to CraftyCandace

Hey babes! Just stopping in to say Good night!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-07-09 08:24 PM

Good Night Babes!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to rtay

Hi, babes, I'm hooooooooome!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• candylou Said:
Dawn - Thanks for hosting the ATC challenge. If the PP has hearts on it does that count as two hearts? As soon as I get done with my post here I will go vote. DF...yeah I'm gonna have to get used to that one! I'd love for you to share your family recipes.

Yes, as long as there are at least two hearts, it does not matter how.

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes
In response to DawnInAZ

Cyndi and Kristy, you were added to the Valentines ATC Challenge!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Avatar change!!! Always a technodiva!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to SassyBlingingBabes

Just checking in after getting home late from a wrestling meet (as well as eating dinner) with awesome news: my DS wrestled 160 varsity tonight, dominated his match through all 3 rounds and finally won in points 13-11. We were so proud of him and his team went wild in congratulating / mobbing him. Overall the team didn't do so well. Not only did DS get a win tonight, the team also awarded him with the WIAA award for "Just Play Fair" for good sportsmanlike conduct for their home match (and received a pin for his letterman's jacket).

I will check in tomorrow, we have lots of urban flooding issues going on up here (not us personally) but roads are a mess with flooding rivers and melting snow, school closures, etc.

Nitey-nite all.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to sbartist

Morning all, Just poppin in for a quick second before I head to work. I have to leave a little early cause it looks like the roads are pretty icy. I'll post my LO and catch up with yall later.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

Morning

Woke up late again. Missed the school bus. I'll have to bring Nick to school again today. Had to on Monday too. So hard to get back into the school routine after two weeks off. We'll probably get back to normal and then have February vacation.

I need to get work done today. Lack of motivation really sucks for the self-employed. Gotta get my butt in gear.

I cannot wait for Lost to start.

Ria - Yay! Scrapbooking stuff sure comes in handy. Hope you're feeling better this morning.

Shannon - how scary! I hate winter driving.

Rhonda - that cricut cover is awesome!!

*throws snowball at Cyndi* COLD in Arizona? Must really stink when the low is in the 40s. and High is 70. I use to say the same things when I lived in California. I loved torturing my family in Maine. It's 19 out right now. Heat wave, baby!

Candace!! hi!!! The cute part about my phone falling in the sink was DS was helping me wash the dishes. He saw it happen, and went "uh ooh" in the most serious face. So stinking cute. Then he proceeded to give me a lecture about why we keep electronics away from water... something I am always telling him. LOL

OMG Ria!! Great new avi!!

Be careful out there, Shannon.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Just looking in.

Thanks for the PM Melissa, I'll get the contact sheet updated and sent out tonight.

Candace ~ Congratulations Lady. I'm so happy for you both

Rhonda ~ Great cutter covers. You're so good at making things.

Hi to everyone else

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Creative Chaos

Good morning babes!

Bonnie - That is wonderful for your son!! I know you are so proud. Congrats to him!

Courtney - That is too cute! I know how you feel about getting back into the routine. It was hard for me to go back to work.

Be safe today, Shannon!

I was just looking at the school district calendar. Being a teacher is going to be so awesome for many reasons, but also because of the whole week off in February for Mardi Gras! And then another week off in April for Spring Break! That rocks.

Have a great day, everyone!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Ladies, if you think you are going to partcipate in the recipe swap, will you please let me know? You can always decide on your recipes later. I'd like to have an idea of how many people we are going to have.

So far, I've only had two people PM me. Thanks!

I'll add the participants to the opening post.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Candace - I think I have to pass on the recipe swap. My time is already filling up with travel and such. If it was just the recipe, it'd be easy. Trying to fit it into a 6x6 LO would take up more time than I anticipated. Sorry!!!

I think the hard thing about being a teacher is budgeting for the summer months when there's no paycheck. Although I know some districts offer a 12 month pay vs. the 10 months, so you can spread it out.

I'm excited for you!!!

Courtney - I agree, it's been really tough to get back into the routine this week. At least tomorrow is Friday.

Shannon - be careful with that ice!

Ria - I like Advil Cold & Sinus for the other symptoms. I've tried Dayquil, and it didn't help me as much. Of course there are tons of options out there!!!

I get sick pretty easily since I work at home - I'm not exposed to many germs on a regular basis, so when something goes around, you can bet I'll catch it. It stinks!

Cyndi - I too like the embroidery floss for adding to layouts. It's thicker, so will show up vs. regular thread.

Bonnie - that's a great accomplishment for your DS! you must be so proud. Stay safe out there..scary stuff happening.

hey hey Babes!!

I had an adventure last night! Went to a cooking demonstration by a Top Chef contender. Check it out on my blog: www.alliefortworth.blogspot.com

Happy Friday-eve!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 07:47 AM

Good Morning Babes!
Bonnie~ that is fabulous for your son...I hope you took great pics....and I've been keeping my eye on the flooding situation up there...My Island is probably underwater right now!
Hi Chelle!
Courtney~ Houses in my area wern't built for the cold, I'm having a heck of a time keeping my house warm! Please don't throw snowballs this way!
Shannon~ Be Careful!!!
Hi Noelle~ I'm thinking about you!
Good Morning all other Babes!
My sewing machine jumped out of time yesterday...uggh, my repair man is in Tucson..it's been awhile since I have sewn, so I am not surprized, it always acts up when it hasn't been used....so I had to go out and buy a new one....at least I will have a good back up when I get the other one fixed. I'm getting orders like crazy on my covers though, and very happy about that....soon as I get those all done, I'll start on the Cuttlebug pattern.
In the meantime, Candace, Your's is going out in the mail tomorrow.
Melissa~ I'll be doing yours this morning and pst a pic when it's done.
Dawn~ What color do you want?
Once I get stuff caught up I want to open an etsy store for them.
Bonnie, I found a sketch for the challenge, maybe I will take a break later today and get it started.

Candace~ I'm pm ing you!
Ria~ you crack me up with your AVI's...I need to change mine.
Allie~ We need to talk about the Bachelor before I forget...I didn't take notes, so I'll forget by the time it comes on again.
Trip to the White Mountqains with Vince has been cancelled for tomorrow, so he's taking me for Crab legs tomorrow instead.....yum!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

Allie - just reading your blog about the cooking demo AND your cruise happenings. Do tell how you got out of the muster drill? I also chuckled about your comments on hanging Christmas lights and the "twisted" realtor, LOL.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• candylou Said:
Ladies, if you think you are going to partcipate in the recipe swap, will you please let me know? You can always decide on your recipes later. I'd like to have an idea of how many people we are going to have.

So far, I've only had two people PM me. Thanks!

I'll add the participants to the opening post.

Candace - I PM'd you my recipe choices.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Good Morning Babes!
My sewing machine jumped out of time yesterday...uggh, my repair man is in Tucson..it's been awhile since I have sewn, so I am not surprized, it always acts up when it hasn't been used....so I had to go out and buy a new one....at least I will have a good back up when I get the other one fixed. I'm getting orders like crazy on my covers though, and very happy about that....soon as I get those all done, I'll start on the Cuttlebug pattern.

Trip to the White Mountqains with Vince has been cancelled for tomorrow, so he's taking me for Crab legs tomorrow instead.....yum!!!

Rhonda - that's great you are getting so many orders for your beautiful covers. Congrats.

And a crab feast, I could certainly pass on, but I'm sure you will enjoy it!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to sbartist

Bonnie - we hid on the balcony to avoid muster drill! Our compadres tossed the room steward a $20 and said "here's 20 reasons we're not going to muster drill". That worked too!!

And I saw a new one last night:

Romance Plumbing
Commercial and Residential

I tell ya, I can't make this stuff up!

Rhonda - The Bachelor: I was shocked by some of the girls he chose... seems he was looking with his eyes, not his heart! And Deanna coming back... if she hurts him I'll have to hunt her down. Oh so much to say...

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Yippee - I get to go to the doctor this morning for my annual exam. My appointment isn't until 9:30, so I am hanging out at home (no sense going to work, would just have to turn around and drive back). Hopefully, the pharmacy line won't be long. I will take a number BEFORE my appointment and hopefully, when my appointment is finished my number will be there! Gotta love military hospitals / pharmacies. (Okay, I do love the fact that we don't pay much for insurance.)

Still raining here. There is a 20 mile stretch of I-5 that is closed, so once again there is a 700 (yep) mile detour to get through the state, and that is IF the mountain passes are open, which they are not. No one is going anywhere. No train service either.

We have another wrestling meet tonight and if the passes finally open, we will be heading over the hills again tomorrow to the middle part of the state for another overnighter tournament and I will have to drive, because DH will be on the coast (if roads aren't closed) for work tomorrow. Rain, rain go away.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

Rhonda - That stinks about your sewing machine but I'm so glad you're getting lots of orders! That is great!

Allie - Yes, our district does spread it out over 12 months so that will be nice. I'll go check out your blog. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Thanks, Bonnie and Rhonda for signing up! I'll get you added to the opening post.

I am very disappointed. The lady that called and offered me the job on Tuesday just called me and said she was mistaken and that job is not available. I just wish she had checked that before she called me. It's not all sour milk, though. The good thing is that she knows me now and she told me to call her in April because she knows of lots of people who are leaving/retiring at the end of May and there will definitely be a job for me after May. So that's good because there will be more choices then. Like I said, I'm disappointed but it's going to be okay. She said she talked to the high school principal about me and he's very eager to have me come teach in the Fall. So even though I'm not going to teach right now, at least I've made some good contacts. I'll just continue to work where I'm at and dislike every minute of it. Thank you ladies for all your support though.

I just made a cute little address book and I'm going to go take a pic of it.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Awww Candace, love your positive attitude. Could you sub in the meantime?

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Bonnie - we hid on the balcony to avoid muster drill! Our compadres tossed the room steward a $20 and said "here's 20 reasons we're not going to muster drill". That worked too!!

Aha!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

Altered Address Book By Candylou

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
Awww Candace, love your positive attitude. Could you sub in the meantime?

I could but I'd be making a lot less money than I am now and I can't take that kind of a pay cut. I'm confident that she'll find something for me in a few months.

I hope your appointment goes well! That's crazy about waiting that long.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Good morning babes!

I agree with all of my AZ friends about the cold. Is the 30s or 40s cold? When you have to deal with summer temps 110* and above, YES! Not so much the 40s, but definately the 30s. I don't mind it so much because I grew up in NJ, but there are some days I feel like I can't get warm.

Bonnie~that's awesome about your DS! Especially about the good sportsmanship Are you having a particularly difficult winter, or is this normal?

Rhonda~congrats on the success of your Cricut covers! I hope you continue to do well with them.

Candace~I'm glad you're making lemonade today!

Courtney~cute story about your DS. Don't you love it when you hear your words coming back at you?

Dawn, I have to pass on the Valentine ATC challenge. Just too much going on between now and then.

to everyone else!

It's another day of sorting stuff for me. I sent a broadcast email to the other members of the monogramming store association I belong to about my store inventory, and fortunately have had a lot of requests for my spreadsheet. It's been a great group to belong to, and I'll miss them...I can't be a member without a storefront. But our sweet director said if anyone in the area I'm moving to requests to join, she'll contact me first to see how close we are to openning another store to give me the option of rejoining.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Rhonda, The one that is third from the right is the one I like.
Do you take Paypal or should I send you a check?

Fabric for Cricut covers...
By Rtay

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Good morning babes!

I agree with all of my AZ friends about the cold. Is the 30s or 40s cold? When you have to deal with summer temps 110* and above, YES! Not so much the 40s, but definately the 30s. I don't mind it so much because I grew up in NJ, but there are some days I feel like I can't get warm.

Yea, 30's are cold to me. 40's seem ok. My irritation with the 30's is that I have to scrape the windshield or wait for the heater to melt the frost.
I am so spoiled!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

By Rtay

oh wait, I changed my mind. I really like the dark purple, middle one. Is that ok?

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 09:22 AM

• TxAllieGrl Said:

And I saw a new one last night:

Romance Plumbing
Commercial and Residential

I tell ya, I can't make this stuff up!

Rhonda - The Bachelor: I was shocked by some of the girls he chose... seems he was looking with his eyes, not his heart! And Deanna coming back... if she hurts him I'll have to hunt her down. Oh so much to say...

I think they choose some of these girls for the TV drama, and he has no choice but to keep them, just to keep people watching...like that chick Erica....ewww, yuck!
I liked Stephanie, the widow, but hated her hair style of the night.
And throwing Deanna into the mix, more TV drama, I've never been really crazy about her, there is something snake like about her. It's gonna be good though! I'll be mad every episode, I'm sure!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 09:24 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

By Rtay

oh wait, I changed my mind. I really like the dark purple, middle one. Is that ok?

Yes, do you want it just that purple, or do you want another one with it, they look better with 2 fabrics! I have some other purples, that aren't in the gallery.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 09:25 AM

• candylou Said:
Rhonda - That stinks about your sewing machine but I'm so glad you're getting lots of orders! That is great!

Allie - Yes, our district does spread it out over 12 months so that will be nice. I'll go check out your blog. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Thanks, Bonnie and Rhonda for signing up! I'll get you added to the opening post.

I am very disappointed. The lady that called and offered me the job on Tuesday just called me and said she was mistaken and that job is not available. I just wish she had checked that before she called me. It's not all sour milk, though. The good thing is that she knows me now and she told me to call her in April because she knows of lots of people who are leaving/retiring at the end of May and there will definitely be a job for me after May. So that's good because there will be more choices then. Like I said, I'm disappointed but it's going to be okay. She said she talked to the high school principal about me and he's very eager to have me come teach in the Fall. So even though I'm not going to teach right now, at least I've made some good contacts. I'll just continue to work where I'm at and dislike every minute of it. Thank you ladies for all your support though.

I just made a cute little address book and I'm going to go take a pic of it.

Candace~ Everything happens for a reason..it will all work out to the best! Glad you are taking it so cheerfully!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

oh Candace I am so sorry I know you had your heart set! Do you have me for the swap?
Rhonda: Ya!!!!
AZ girls: cold? You dont know the meaning of the word lol -12 this am real feel!
off to get my DR. Pepper before the kids come back.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

Looked at the first page and I'm not listed on either swap could you please add me...please:)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DaniKat Said:
Good morning babes!

Yea, 30's are cold to me. 40's seem ok. My irritation with the 30's is that I have to scrape the windshield or wait for the heater to melt the frost.
I am so spoiled!

Love you as I do, Dawny, you wouldn't last here during the winter. Heck, I barely make it! It gets below zero at night and sometimes the daytime high is in the single digits. Today it's 29, with a windchill that makes it feel like 24. Last weekend it was an unseasonable 65, and by Monday the temp had dropped to 30s for highs. This is probably why I got sick in the first place, the yo-yo temperatures.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 11:11 AM

Melissa here is yours!
Personal sized Cricut Cover By Rtay

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311

My Wishblade just got here!! I am installing the software now. I can't wait to learn about it and start using it.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 11:16 AM

• northernmemories Said:
oh Candace I am so sorry I know you had your heart set! Do you have me for the swap?
AZ girls: cold? You dont know the meaning of the word lol -12 this am real feel!

I have lived in Washington, Oregon, and Colorado, and have been in all the continental states except 2, I have seen and felt the bitter cold....however in defence of the AZ girls, we live closer to the equator, and the atmosphere here is thinner, so what is the 20 and 30's here, and the area I live in gets into the teens, it does feel colder than the teens, 20 and 30's than it does in an area where the atmosphere is heavier...I can do without it being in sub freezing temps here. Forgot to add that the air here is much dryer too...adding to the factor above. Which is why your heat is so much more unbearable than ours...

Edited by rtay on 01-08-09 11:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 11:17 AM
In response to Noelle311

• Noelle311 Said:
My Wishblade just got here!! I am installing the software now. I can't wait to learn about it and start using it.

YAY!!!! Hi Noelle! How are you feeling?

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to rtay

I'm okay.. Today I am really tired. Pain is going down but still seems to be unbearable at times. I really wanted to play with the Wishblade but can barely keep my eyes open at the moment. I will try again later..

Thank you for thinking of me Rhonda. You are WONDERFUL!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to Noelle311

Hi Noelle! Have fun setting up your new toy. I'm glad you're feeling a little better!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • DaniKat Said:
Good morning babes!

I am so spoiled!

Love you as I do, Dawny, you wouldn't last here during the winter. Heck, I barely make it! It gets below zero at night and sometimes the daytime high is in the single digits. Today it's 29, with a windchill that makes it feel like 24. Last weekend it was an unseasonable 65, and by Monday the temp had dropped to 30s for highs. This is probably why I got sick in the first place, the yo-yo temperatures.

You forget, I grew up in frigid South Dakota.
We had highs below zero many times each winter.
I have done my time.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Melissa here is yours!

Hers is beautiful, too! You are doing so good with these, Rhonda!

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes

The first post is updated with recipe swap participants. So far, we have 8 participants!

Candace

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to SassyBlingingBabes

Thanks for the update Candace.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Melissa here is yours!

Oh my it is gorgeous!!!!
Thanks so much check is in the mail!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • northernmemories Said:

I have lived in Washington, Oregon, and Colorado, and have been in all the continental states except 2, I have seen and felt the bitter cold....however in defence of the AZ girls, we live closer to the equator, and the atmosphere here is thinner, so what is the 20 and 30's here, and the area I live in gets into the teens, it does feel colder than the teens, 20 and 30's than it does in an area where the atmosphere is heavier...I can do without it being in sub freezing temps here. Forgot to add that the air here is much dryer too...adding to the factor above. Which is why your heat is so much more unbearable than ours...

Oh I hope you know I was teasing... I grew up in CA about 60 year round.... I really was just kidding

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 02:52 PM

• northernmemories Said:
  • rtay Said:
  • northernmemories Said:

Oh I hope you know I was teasing... I grew up in CA about 60 year round.... I really was just kidding

Oh, I know you were teasing..and I know that so many of the Babes are in frigid cold areas, and that we are in ARIZONA...and when we do say it's cold here, we really are cold....it's just not that often..
Melissa I'm glad you love your cover!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 02:56 PM
In response to rtay

I signed on the "you in 52" year long challenge on Debbie's Dare, so that I could actually DO my BOM....I've been thinking about the first Challenge, which is due on Monday, and hoping to incorperate Bonnie's Challenge into it...
I'm going to take a break from sewing for awhile today and go scrap!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 02:59 PM
In response to rtay

Sassy Blinging Babes Weekly Challenge
Layout must be new as of today, and Due by January 15, 2008
(Because I'm sewing)
LO ( any size) must have some kind of stitching on it, machine or hand stitching...not doodling to look like stitching.
Happy Scrapping and stitching!!!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to rtay

Well, it's snowing again today. Well, it has snowed all day. There is more on the way. I don't usually mind it, I just am not a huge fan of driving on crappy roads. it's 20 here right now, and I figure, I can always put more clothes on if I get cold. Except when I'm working... I was outside pricing some of our outdoor equipment today, and I only lasted for about 15 minutes... I had 3 layers, plus my coat on, but my legs and hands started to freeze.. I was wearing gloves too. I need to get me a pair of fleece lined jeans... We sell them at work and I'm thinking they would be nice to wear to work in the winter.
Oh, well. I'm going to my FIL's houswe to hang out and do laundry tonight. I'm off tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some more scrapping done and LO's posted.
Hope all my babes are staying warm, where ever you may be.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 03:01 PM
In response to rtay

Today is the last day to enter LO's for last weeks Challenge (the resolution challenge)...I will post the poll tomorrow!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Noelle311

• Noelle311 Said:

Yay!!!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
I signed on the "you in 52" year long challenge on Debbie's Dare, so that I could actually DO my BOM....I've been thinking about the first Challenge, which is due on Monday, and hoping to incorperate Bonnie's Challenge into it...

Could you give me the link please? I'd like to do a BOM.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Thanks for the challenge, Rhonda! I'm excited to try stitching again.

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes

Front page has been updated with the Weekly Challenge..

Rhonda

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 03:20 PM

• candylou Said:
  • rtay Said:

Could you give me the link please? I'd like to do a BOM.

I think sign ups are over but, not entirely sure, you can check it out...the link is in my blog, under places I visit.....Debbie's Dare

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

dang it I wanted to do the resolution challenge and time got away from me!
Well, I will just do one after the fact.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DawnInAZ

Here is another embossing trick:

http://gmglimmerglass.blogspot.com/

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to sbartist

And I don't think I'm going to be able to do this week's challenge...I love the LOOK of stitching, but I am not sure I'd be able to hand stitch on a LO myself.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

I started on my valentine's ATCs. I looked through a few sketches and couldn't really come up with anything so I just started cutting paper. I did pink cardstock for the background, embossed it in my Cuttlebug, then cut out a white tag, inked the edges in black, stapled a ribbon at the top, layered a few heart elements on the tag and then I thought, "Where have I seen this before?" and it hit me...Sarah's Christmas ATC! I did not intentionally copy Sarah's Christmas ATC but somehow mine looks almost the same - just pink and Valentines instead of red and green! I feel very embarassed/bad about it. I wasn't TRYING to scraplift it but somehow I did. Sarah, I'm sorry!! I will take a pic of my ATC and if you don't want me to enter it in the challenge then I will come up with something else.

Sassy Blinging Babes Christmas ATC By Sarah-Scraps

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 06:14 PM

I took a break from making covers and worked on my scrapping challenges that I have signed on for..I am doing all three challenges in one....and It's about my Grandpa, who raised me and died when I was 19...I got thru the hard part, the journaling, and it was rough, but I love the way it's comming together..I'll have it done tomorrow....
Is Grey's on tonite?

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Ria use a template, If you dont have one draw on graph paper and then place it on your lo and punch in the corners of the boxes so the stitches are even you can do it. Oh I wish I had known soon er about the resolution I might log off and try to get it done. I just posted a lo yesterday with stitching darn it lol maybe I can do a lo with stitching and use a sketch that is about my resolutions lo nothing like killing a flock with one paper trimmer
I think I will check out that bom challenge too

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 06:16 PM

• candylou Said:
I started on my valentine's ATCs. I looked through a few sketches and couldn't really come up with anything so I just started cutting paper. I did pink cardstock for the background, embossed it in my Cuttlebug, then cut out a white tag, inked the edges in black, stapled a ribbon at the top, layered a few heart elements on the tag and then I thought, "Where have I seen this before?" and it hit me...Sarah's Christmas ATC! I did not intentionally copy Sarah's Christmas ATC but somehow mine looks almost the same - just pink and Valentines instead of red and green! I feel very embarassed/bad about it. I wasn't TRYING to scraplift it but somehow I did. Sarah, I'm sorry!! I will take a pic of my ATC and if you don't want me to enter it in the challenge then I will come up with something else.

LOL Candace...if your gonna scraplift that's a good one to do it too...it's a sure winner!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Evening.......

Today was my last day at the store that I have worked at for 6 years.
I was quite surprised by the total Love I felt today from All my coworkers..
My boss had a cake and called all management to the office I kinda knew what was up by this point.
I have one of those high stress Management positions that Doesn't pay like the rest of the Management.
They even took me to happy hour..
It's wierd I finally felt a little teary eyed tonight.
Long story short I start at a new store tomorrow doing the same job.
I just needed a new start..
Wish me luck..
I'm a little nervous..

Hope your all good
God Bless..

Cyndi

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Lets see Candace
I'm sure its cute..

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

good luck Cyndi
Candace I am sure Sarah will be honored, I would be:)

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

• candylou Said:

Okay here is my accidental scrap-lift of Sarah's ATC. I am so embarassed to even post this! And I'm not going to use it for the challenge unless Sarah says it's okay.

SBB Valentine's ATC Swap By Candylou

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

• cynhotaz Said:
Evening.......

My boss had a cake and called all management to the office I kinda knew what was up by this point.
I have one of those high stress Management positions that Doesn't pay like the rest of the Management.
Wish me luck..
I'm a little nervous..

Hope your all good
God Bless..

Cyndi

Cyndi, that is wonderful! It sounds like they really treated you well today. I hope you have a great first day of work tomorrow.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

My DBF and I say all of our project could fall under Duplicating..
We like it..
This lap top is great for the couch

SMILE..

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 06:57 PM

• candylou Said:
  • cynhotaz Said:
Evening.......

Wish me luck..
I'm a little nervous..

Hope your all good
God Bless..

Cyndi

Cyndi, that is wonderful! It sounds like they really treated you well today. I hope you have a great first day of work tomorrow.

Nice that they did all that for you!!!
You'll be fine tomorrow!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Rhonda new greys now...........

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Here is my LO for Bonnie's challenge. Thanks for looking, hope you like it!
Cookie Daze By ScrappyPrincess
Here is the sketch I used to design my LO:
Cookie Daze Sketch By ScrappyPrincess

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

almost done with the resolution challenge I did mine as goals I hope its ok! It will also be my 1st page in my 365 challenge album

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-08-09 08:24 PM

Last one of the day.....Dawn I have your's cut out and ready to put together.
Personal sized Cricut cover By Rtay
I wasn't overjoyed with Greys...but it looks like it's gonna be alot better next week..
I'm off to bed now!
Good nite!!!

jgassa
jgassa 
Guru
jgassa
In response to rtay

OK. My internet is FINALLY up and working. There was a problem with the box and a tech had to come out and reset it.

We are moved and unpacked. Pictures on the walls. In other words, we are done.

Be back tomorrow to catch up!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• cynhotaz Said:
Evening.......

Wish me luck..
I'm a little nervous..

Hope your all good
God Bless..

Cyndi

What a wonderful send off they had for you Cyndi. You will do fine with a fresh start in a new place.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• cynhotaz Said:
Rhonda new greys now...........

I will watch this tomorrow at work when I am sitting there bossless.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to jgassa

• jgassa Said:
OK. My internet is FINALLY up and working. There was a problem with the box and a tech had to come out and reset it.

We are moved and unpacked. Pictures on the walls. In other words, we are done.

Be back tomorrow to catch up!

WOW Julie - your family is so fast - moved and unpacked already. Enjoy your new home. We want pics when you get a chance.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

here is mine I dont know what the specifics were so I hope it meets the requirements
My 2009 goals By Northernmemories

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Rhonda - you have been cranking out the machine covers. You do such great work, thanks for sharing them with us.

Okay - I have done no scrapping because I haven't been home. Maybe tomorrow I will get an opportunity to scrap since the tournament will now be where tonight's meet was - no traveling over the pass and back (I think it is still closed). We had a double dual meet tonight. Willie got pinned during both rounds, the 2nd round the family jewels were not feeling so great as his opponent had his arm up through DS's legs squishing them which made it difficult to do anything without adding to the pain. (I'm still trying to figure out why this is a legal move in wrestling, but it is.) I am thankful Saturday's tournament is closer to home - maybe I will get some scrapping in on Sunday!

Nitey nite all.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn.. great ATC challenge. I'm in! Even though I still have jetlag, I believe I can do an ATC! I might mess up the deadline though, still in HK time ...

Sarah.. beautiful LO!

Rhonda, those are beautiful Cricut covers! I'm sure you'll sell many of those.... and I LOVE the matching drawstring bag for cords. I should have requested you to make some bento bags for me last year!

Shannon.. praying for your appt and your 'tries'. I hope you get to relax and rest some...

Ria, glad to hear you're doing better....

Courtney, your DS is so sweet... and lecturing you about what you told him about water and electronics..

Candace.. sorry, I'm with Allie on the recipe too. I don't have enough time to do the full set of 6x6 ... however, I can do a recipe next time we have a recipe only swap. Thanks for hosting though...

Bonnie.. I hope there isn't as much rain....

Danica.. I hope there will be another store opening for you to rejoin the team!

Noelle, have fun with your new toy...

Julie.. welcome back to the web!

Cyndi... how sweet your store gave you a heartwarming farewell.. will pray for your job at the new store....

Chelle, Melissa and anyone else I've missed

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I finally finished ordering the photobook and making the DVDs from our Taiwan Girls Weekend Out photos. I am going to send a copy to each of the girls who went. I hope they'll like them.

DH took about 1200 pics on the trip (excluding mine). I'll have to go thru them and order prints for our photo album and for scrapping.... and some extras for friends....

I'm 2/3 ways done with laundry. Tomorrow the kids will be in school and daycare, and I have the day off. However, MIL is going to be here... so I won't really have the house to myself (have to get used to this, she's staying for 6 months), but I was hoping to scrap a little....

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

I will catch up tomorrow.
I am STILL hurting all over my body, so I am going to go toss down a couple 800mg of IB and head to bed.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to DawnInAZ

Good morning!

Dawn how ya feeling?

Sure would be nice if the school bus would decide how it's going to come? (didn't I say this a couple days ago?) geez.... Seems to come earlier everyday. I'm not going to make him stand out in the cold. I'll just bring him to school. Save ourselves the trouble of playing "did we make it in time."

I started reading the 3rd Twilight book. I bought the set for my sister. It came a month after I ordered it. She's already read the books, borrowed from a friend. She told me to read the 3rd and 4th, ones I have left, and then give them to her. Figured I better start reading before they ended up being her Christmas present next year. I've been reading The Shack and a horror book called Cuts too.

Noelle hoping your doing well!

more later!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to _courtney_

JCI...I have an 8 a.m. dentist appointment. Oh, fun. They messed up the last time I was there and now I have to go back so they can fix what they messed up. My regular dentist did not see me last time because he was out having surgery. I'm glad I'm seeing him today. I'll be back later to catch up.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

I'm back from dropping ds off at school. Poor kid does not want to go. I sympathized with him. Told him I didn't wanna get up and work either. Now I need to make myself work. It's only fair.

Bonnie, hope you get some scrapping done!

Melissa, awesome layout!!

*hugs* Cyndi. That was a great way to end your job there.

Julie! How's the new house?

Awww man, completely missed the resolutions challenge.

Debbie's Dare looks interesting. I added her blog to my RSS feed... I'll just follow along on my own, I think.

It's 12 degrees this morning!!!!

Rhonda, yay for the new sewing machine!!! I bought a new one last month. Couldn't resist the sale at J's. I bought a Viking Emerald, it was over $200 off. Now I need to get sewing so I don't feel like I wasted money. Love your Cricut covers. You're amazing!

Bonnie... I know all about those military pharmacies. The one at the naval hospital at Camp Pendleton was always packed. Thankfully we didn't have to use it often.

Candace I'm so sorry to hear about the job. It may be a blessing in disguise. Good to have more choices come the fall.

Hilarious Nick was using my own lecture on myself. Just shows he really does listen!!!! yay!

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

awwwww man... I hate it when ya gotta go back for teeth stuff. I hope they get you all fixed up!

Page 3 of 262 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics