Page 5 of 262 
Username Post: The Sassy Blinging Babes COF (Full & Active!)        (Topic#1491213)
cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Yes Rhonda i'm already signed for ATC M had all there paper 50 off yesterday so I got a pad of
KC PAPER
Brenda Walton Design Sweet talk

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Rhonda..
The new HL did open in Mesa ...

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to cynscrapgirl

Good Morning Babes!!

Sarah: Yay!! Sophia sleeping through the night is wonderful!! I hope she continues.

Cyndi: Glad you like your new job!

Rhonda: I'm loving those cricut covers you are making!! Hope you feel better.

Shannon: Have fun sledding!!

Shirley: Jetlag is no fun!! hope its over soon.

Hi Candace, Dawn, Bonnie, Danica, and all other babes I missed!!

I have been super busy the past couple of days... I did manage to find out some really great news this week, I am finally going to be an aunt. My brother and wonderful sil are expecting in August. I am so happy for them, they have been trying for a while. My poor brother is scared out of his mind, I think he his doing better now after our lond talk.
I took Cali to the vet yesterday to get somemore heartworm meds, that dog weights 37lbs and she is only 5 1/2 months old!!! Lola was 12 lbs and Zoe was 17 lbs. I have to go pick Zoe up in a little while, last night she decided that she didn't want to leave my dads house, so I left her! My dad LOVES her and she LOVES him.
I have a long list of projects that I need to start working on today. Matthew has his first project for school to do, It's due Tues, I think. I guess I need to go look!

Have a great day Babes!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• cynhotaz Said:
Mamma mia was a cute movie..

I saw it on the plane .... I had SOOOO much fun! I HAD the Abba albums.. that brought back so much memories. I was singing and dancing in my seat (good thing everyone else was asleep).. DD was so surprised that she saw it too (I had to fast forward some inappropriate scenes for her), but she loved it too!

I had no idea Meryl Streep can sing... so well! I love her and this adds to the reason why I think she's the best actress ever.. And I just about died when I see Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in their 'costumes' in the last scene...
Those 'old' photos were hilarious too!

I saw the 'making of the movie' commentary and was very entertained by that too.. brings back memories of the 70s although I was very young then.

Awesome movie!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • ScrappyPrincess Said:
I want to see Mamma mia

I loved Mamma Mia...most fun I've ever had in a theater, every one was standing up, dancing and singing..they even gave me a tee shirt

A T-shirt? That's awesome!

I want to see the Broadway show now... but then people would KNOW I'm singing along. I mean you can't like NOT sing Dancing Queen, Super Trouper when they're on...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to -Kristy-

Congrats on being an aunt, Kristy! How wonderful!

Have fun working on projects today...

I sooo want to scrap.. maybe I will. I woke up 5 or 6 times last nite, couldn't sleep... jetlag is hitting again. So I missed church this morning. I hope jetlag will just go away...

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Happy Sunday babes!

My mom sent me this link to a cute mom video.

http://vimeo.com/1509073

Shirley, I hope you kick that jetlag soon!

Kristy, what grade is your son in? I haven't had to worry about any projects yet with my oldest, just nightly homework and reading. He's in first grade.

We just had someone knock on our door. There were some guys doing yard work at one of our neighbor's yesterday, and came over to the yard sale. We have a LOT of tshirts, sweatshirts and ballcaps from the store we're trying to get rid of, and had them at a great price. He asked if we had any left, because his wife wanted to shop So hubby brought them out and let them shop. I'm calling a furniture consignment place today. A lot of people liked the furniture we had, but no one has the cash right now for it.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 12:02 PM

• cynhotaz Said:
Rhonda..
The new HL did open in Mesa ...

I haven't been to it yet, but it is opened. It's at Signal Butte and Southern.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 12:07 PM
In response to rtay

I just got back from Walmart and got more Cricut cover stuff for some of the orders I have.
Vince came over and brought me this really cute homemade corner shelving unit for my scraproom, now of course I have to re-arrange again...I have to paint the shelving unit white first, so I got some spray paint at wally world. So, I'm working on painting it now....cna't wait to get it in there!
Then I'm sewing again today, I'm feeling alot better then I did yesterday, though I still have a cold.
Vince also brought me a Rockstar...latte flavored, he said I need a kick start, I have never drank one of those before and am kind of afraid of them..I don't knwo what it will do to me....so, I'm starring at the can!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 12:10 PM
In response to rtay

Congrats on winning the weekly challenge Candace!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • ScrappyPrincess Said:
I want to see Mamma mia

I loved Mamma Mia...most fun I've ever had in a theater, every one was standing up, dancing and singing..they even gave me a tee shirt

I loved that movie!!!!! My friend gave it to me on DVD, and I could NOT figure out where I'd seen the lead actress before. It drove me NUTS!!!! A few days later I was at Borders and saw her on a magazine cover and THEN I realized who she was. She was in "Mean Girls"! She played Karen, the girl whose boobs had ESPN.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Congrats Candace!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Congrats on winning the weekly challenge Candace!!!

Congrats, Candace!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to jellyziva

Congratulations Candace!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jellyziva

Hi ladies! Happy Sunday to you all!

Shannon, the snow pics on your blog are beautiful! I love your computer, too.

Rhonda, I hope you get to feeling better!
Geezzzz...you did right though by telling Charlie to take responsibility for himself. It's sad that a grown man is so dependent on another person. Andrew's truck is red, too. He got the extended cab. Whoever had it before him took great care of it. It looks like a brand new truck. I love it. I want to drive it! lol Congrats on having a featured LO! It really was wonderful.

Melissa, talking about having things match our Cricut covers...I put a zebra statue in my scrap area. He's black and white just like my cover!

Hi Cyndi! Your breakfast sounds yummy!

Dani, it sounds like the yard sale went great! That's wonderful. Too bad we don't all live close by to help out.

Sarah, Yay that Sophia slept through the night! And double yay for finally getting to go see Twilight! I liked it.

Hi Shirley!

Kristy, congrats on being an aunt!! That is exciting. I would love to be an aunt right now so I could have a little baby to spoil but my only sibling is only 15! I'll have to wait awhile.

Hi Ria, Bonnie, Chelle, Dawn, Allie, and anyone else I missed!

Thank you, ladies! I'm so excited to have won a challenge for the first time.

Speaking of movies, I really want to see Bride Wars. I love Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway both and it looks like a cute movie. I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD though.

I'm behind on leaving love for people and I have a lot of blogs to catch up on so I better hop to it. Catch yall later!

SassyBlingingBabes
Resident
SassyBlingingBabes
In response to CraftyCandace

The first post is updated with recipe swap sign-ups. Now I'm off to update the SBB blog. If anyone has not yet signed up yet and wishes to, you have until tomorrow morning. Then I'm closing sign-ups.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:

Kristy, what grade is your son in? I haven't had to worry about any projects yet with my oldest, just nightly homework and reading. He's in first grade.

Matthew is also in first grade. You should see his homework!! Mon-Thurs he always has reading, spelling, writing sentences, and math. Sometimes history or science to do also. It usually takes him about 1 to 2 hours to get all his homework done. Then every 2 weeks he has a book report to do.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-

• candylou Said:

Kristy, congrats on being an aunt!! That is exciting. I would love to be an aunt right now so I could have a little baby to spoil but my only sibling is only 15! I'll have to wait awhile.

My brother is 2 years older than me. I always thought he would have kids before me, but I was wrong.

Edited by got bling on 01-11-09 01:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to -Kristy-

Congratulations Candace!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 02:24 PM
In response to -Kristy-

Just checking in with my Babes, I've got sewing to do!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to rtay

Rhonda Rockstar Roasted is my favorite energy drink. They taste like the bottled frappuccinos Starbucks makes. Sooooo good. They just give you some pep.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Candace~ Congrats on winning the challenge!!!! You did a wonderful job! Sorry I didn't IM you today. I wasn't actually home and I could have sworn I signed out of messenger before I left.

I went to my brother's house today, to do laundry and so chase could play in the snow. He had a blast. The kids all tried to bury me in the snow when I laid down to attempt a snow angel. I did get mad however when they put snow in my face, after I specifically told them not to! Then while my laundry was drying, I sat down and watched most of the Steelers game. I love the Black and Gold!
Hope every one else had a great day. I took lots of snow fun pics and will attempt to post them to my blog tomorrow... maybe. I'm also working on my challenge LO. It should be done tomorrow, unless I get the energy to finish it tonight.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to ScrappyPrincess

Rhonda im not much for Rockstars but the java's are the best,..
I brew my Starbucks fresh everyday I buy at Costco..I love the deep rich flavor of Coffee..
Hope everyone had a nice day I went to the park and swap here in mesa its a big outdoor swap meet just something to do for a few hours.. Then hit the JO A
Sale picked up a Cricut spatula cant find mine anywhere and you need the spatula for sure
also picked up the Ink markers for the Cricut also the complete kit with the tool ive been wanting these, all 40% off. DBF has bought three rolls of the vinyl men want to experiment with the vinyl on the machine..
but we haven't tried anything with it yet.
also picked up some embroidery floss 105 strands had a 50% coupon all different colors

also got a great Harley ride in our bike is like the Cadillac of Motorcycles..
Gonna finish a LO for my moms bday even though we haven't been talking Im gonna mail it..

Everyone have a nice week..

Cyndi

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to rtay

hi all Congrats Candace! Rhonda Glad you are feeling better. Kristy, congrats on the addition to your family. I also cant believe how much work he has in first grade. I dont even give my 3rd graders that much homework! 20 min reading and 5 min math facts is about it. I teach 1st at the after school program I have them for power hour which is homework time and I have to have plenty of activities on hand if they dont have home work usually Tuesdays are book bag night and I only have a few that have to read every night and they just read the book in there bag it takes about 5-10 min. then they might have a math sheet another 10-15 min then thats it.

I got a page done 365 project title page By Northernmemories
well I got 2 but was waiting on another pic to get printed so I will have to post tomorrow it is for the sketch challenge and is my first week in the 365 album!
I need to get on and update my blog its been a few days I also need to catch up on some blogs. I just made some cupcakes and need to finish my all you in 52 page so I have a night ahead of me lol.
catch you all later

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to northernmemories

Hey Girls,

Awww... man... back to school/work tomorrow.

Nick is just fine now. Guess something he ate just didn't agree with him the night he was sick.

Went shopping on Saturday. Bought some Ralph Lauren sheets. OMG best sheets ever. I got $99 sheets for $17. Got a couple sets for us and a set for Nick. At the Nike store I bought a jacket, white with hot pink zippers. Couldn't resist it was $43.. originally 140. Then at the Gap outlet store, we bought a pair of pants and 5 shirts for Nick for under $20.

I knitted a scarf to match my new jacket, using 4 different types of funky yarn and a size 35 needles. Came out pretty, little shorter than I wanted. I ran out of one of my yarns. I started working on a hat.... I hate knitting with small needles. I haven't gotten very far.

hope everyone is staying warm!!

Edited by _courtney_ on 01-11-09 06:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 06:37 PM

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Rhonda Rockstar Roasted is my favorite energy drink. They taste like the bottled frappuccinos Starbucks makes. Sooooo good. They just give you some pep.

I'm not gonna drink it...I don't drink coffee any more because of the caffiene, it plays havoc with my epilepsy, and I'm lactose intolerant, and this is Latte flavored, so coffee and milk, and probly mega caffiene, so I'm better off to not mess with it. I'll give it to Drew.
It took me 6 months to get over drinking coffee and sometimes I will still brew it just to have the smell in the house..I still miss it.

Edited by rtay on 01-11-09 06:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

The one time I tried a Monster/Chronic/RockStar, I forget which one, it made my heart race too much. Plus they taste nasty to me.

I am in trouble. My mojo is taking an unscheduled vacay and I HAVE to get this Scraptathlon lo done.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn~ My mojo has been lost for a few weeks now! If I get him back, I'll try to convince him to send his buddies to you!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

Congrats Candace on winning the challenge!!
Melissa - love that layout, that paper is soo cool and the flower - WOW!
Rhonda - Caffiene doesn't agree with me either - only because it keeps me awake for days - I don't drink tea, coffee or coke
Courtney - awesome bargains!! The best time to buy!
I finished my ATC:

Valentine ATC for SBB
By Sarah-Scraps
Off to watch Amber throw a party for one of her toys - she even has a ball pit for them to jump in, hats to wear and a present - she's also mad on experimenting at the moment. Just this morning I found egg shells hiding in my cupboard (I wasn't supposed to know she was doing anything!) Will have to go google some good kids experiments....

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to Sarah-Scraps

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
Hi Candace - consider yourself found!! I added you on facebook. Sophia is now resting - who new something that cute could scream so loud for something! She's even started to smile at me when she's up to mischeif (ie. playing with bottle or just thrown up!) Gotta try and catch it on camera though.
Look what I just finished:

Matchbox Drawers 1
By Sarah-Scraps
There are more pics in my gallery - it's for all Amber's tiny treasures. Apparently I'm now the "best mum in the world", I love making people happy

This came out so cute Sarah! I did this for my boys for Advent. I bet Amber loves it!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 08:43 PM
In response to Sarah-Scraps

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
Congrats Candace on winning the challenge!!
Melissa - love that layout, that paper is soo cool and the flower - WOW!
Rhonda - Caffiene doesn't agree with me either - only because it keeps me awake for days - I don't drink tea, coffee or coke
Courtney - awesome bargains!! The best time to buy!
I finished my ATC:

Valentine ATC for SBB
By Sarah-Scraps
Off to watch Amber throw a party for one of her toys - she even has a ball pit for them to jump in, hats to wear and a present - she's also mad on experimenting at the moment. Just this morning I found egg shells hiding in my cupboard (I wasn't supposed to know she was doing anything!) Will have to go google some good kids experiments....

Sarah, when the twins were in elementary and middle school, I loved it when they had projects, especially science...I wish I had thought to take pictures of some of the crazy things we made.
Alyssa had to make a Light house in the third grade and we went completely over board on it, and did the whole beach scene..did the light house out of an oatmeal box and went to the beach (we were in Seattle at the time) and collected tiny little rocks and near microscopic sea shells and sand, and covered the whole light house in the little rocks and put the sand and shell on the beach...it was a work of art, but it weighed a ton.
In the 6th grade they had to do a biosphere, so we used upside down clear mixing bowls, and did all the vegetation out of Royal frosting and the water with blue jello and little lego people for the scientists..they were adorable and the teacher was blown away....
I can't wait till Aubri needs help, cuz I know Drew will be bringing her to me...LOL

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 08:50 PM
In response to _courtney_

• _courtney_ Said:
Hey Girls,

Nick is just fine now. Guess something he ate just didn't agree with him the night he was sick.

Went shopping on Saturday. Bought some Ralph Lauren sheets. OMG best sheets ever. I got $99 sheets for $17. Got a couple sets for us and a set for Nick. At the Nike store I bought a jacket, white with hot pink zippers. Couldn't resist it was $43.. originally 140. Then at the Gap outlet store, we bought a pair of pants and 5 shirts for Nick for under $20.

I knitted a scarf to match my new jacket, using 4 different types of funky yarn and a size 35 needles. Came out pretty, little shorter than I wanted. I ran out of one of my yarns. I started working on a hat.... I hate knitting with small needles. I haven't gotten very far.

Great deals! I love new sheets!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 08:51 PM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
The one time I tried a Monster/Chronic/RockStar, I forget which one, it made my heart race too much. Plus they taste nasty to me.

I am in trouble. My mojo is taking an unscheduled vacay and I HAVE to get this Scraptathlon lo done.

You can do it Dawn! I have faith in you!
Yeah, there's no chance I'm drinking that thing!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-11-09 08:54 PM
In response to rtay

Well Girlies...I'm done for the day! I'm off to bed, but it's one of those nights, so I may be back!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to rtay

Sending extra prayers out to Noelle for some good news in her future!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DaniKat

I went to WM tonight after church. They had these nice cotton blanket/throws for only $3! I picked up a couple. When I showed my mom, she said they normally are around $15-20. So score!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Ok so why am I feeling all panicky right now?

I almost just quit the Scraptathlon challenge, that's how much it got hold of me.
(I did not quit though.)

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DawnInAZ

Hold tight Dawn! Does it have anything to do with the kiddos going back to Reno? I'm sure they're missed.

That's some extra special cuteness in your avi!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Hold tight Dawn! Does it have anything to do with the kiddos going back to Reno? I'm sure they're missed.

That's some extra special cuteness in your avi!

Naaa, nothing to do with the girls not being here.
Just me, being insecure, seeing all the talent there. I am good now though.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I am way past the bedtime I want, so have a lovely night!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DawnInAZ

Sleep well Dawny!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Dawn~ My mojo has been lost for a few weeks now! If I get him back, I'll try to convince him to send his buddies to you!

Mine's been missing for over a week now, too. Another friend of mine and I are convinced that our mojos are on some cruise ship drinking fruity drinks. Maybe yours and Shannon's joined them?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Scratch that...our mojos are at Shirley's house.

you Shirley!!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 12:38 AM
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Sending extra prayers out to Noelle for some good news in her future!

I'll second that, and Im looking forward to SEE how her, and her new Wishblade are getting along.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 12:39 AM
In response to rtay

1:40 in the morning and I am still wide awake.....

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to rtay

Morning babes!! I'm up getting ready for work. I'm cold and didn't want to get out of bed... but I had to, besides, I've got a lot on my mind and couldn't sleep very well anyways. I even stayed up til around 11. That's late for me when I have to work the next day. Hope everyone has a great Monday! I'll be back to post my finished challenge LO this evening.

Noelle~ Praying for good news for you!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
  • Sarah-Scraps Said:
Hi Candace - consider yourself found!! I added you on facebook. Sophia is now resting - who new something that cute could scream so loud for something! She's even started to smile at me when she's up to mischeif (ie. playing with bottle or just thrown up!) Gotta try and catch it on camera though.
Look what I just finished:

Matchbox Drawers 1
By Sarah-Scraps
There are more pics in my gallery - it's for all Amber's tiny treasures. Apparently I'm now the "best mum in the world", I love making people happy

This came out so cute Sarah! I did this for my boys for Advent. I bet Amber loves it!!

Dani - what a great idea to use this for an advent calendar.

And Sarah - super cute, I may just have to make one just to have.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • _courtney_ Said:
Hey Girls,

Great deals! I love new sheets!

Gosh Courtney - I need to take you shopping with me! Great finds.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Candace - kudos to you for winning the challenge.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

I did not get as much done as I would have liked this past weekend. Yesterday, I pretty much was just a lump in a chair as I am still trying to get rid of what is left of the cold I came down with on 12/31. I have had a plugged ear the entire time, so my DH picked up some Sudafed for me, hopefully that will do the trick.

The two tags I had to do for the special project are completed, photographed or scanned and emailed to the recipient. As soon as I can let you know what they are for, I let you know.

And I completed one LO yesterday:

Rainiers By Sbartist

I still need to do my challenge I posted and hopefully, Rhonda's sewing challenge too (before her deadline).

Have a super day everyone!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 06:23 AM
In response to sbartist

Good Morning Babes!
I had a restless night...up and down, up and down. The cough that goes with my cold has finally set in.
Well, I have a million things to do today, so I'll check back in later!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

Hi babes!

Recipe sign-ups are officially closed. Some of you are still thinking about which recipes you want to do and that is okay. We have ten people in the recipe swap. You have three months from today to get 30 6x6 recipe layouts done. I've already been looking in the superstore for embellies for my dessert layout and I've found some cute ones. I'm excited about this! I did a 6x6 layout the other day and it was easy so I'm thinking this shouldn't be much harder than doing ATCs.

I don't drink any of the engergy drinks because I've always been scared to taste them.

Shannon - It sounds like yall had so much fun in the snow. Now you have lots of fun pics to scrap!

Cyndi - You got some great deals. I agree...I can't live without my Cricut spatula! That's sweet of you to send the LO to your mom. Hopefully that will break some ice.

Melissa - I love the flower you used on your title page! It looks great.

Courtney - Wow! You racked up on great sales. You should post a pic of your scarf for us to see. I don't know how to knit.

Hi Dani!

Dawn - Hang in there...your work is always beautiful! You shouldn't feel insecure. I say that but yet I feel that way all the time, too. The only person your work has to please is you. And just think of all the scrapping you're going to get done because of the scraptathalon!

Noelle - Prayers are coming your way!

Sarah - Your ATC is awesome! I love, love, love it! I've got to do a shaker card for a card challenge I'm in and I've never done one before. I saved some packaging from a scrap product the other day because I thought I could use it for my shaker card.

Hi Bonnie! I love how your title works into the photos!

Rhonda - I hope you feel better very soon! I think everyone in my family has had that coughing/cold crud. My grandma has it now.

I am at work today...working on my weekly newsletter (okay I WAS working on it. You see what I'm doing now). I have a whole list (yes, I wrote them down so I won't forget) of scrap projects to work on when I get home. I'm sure I won't accomplish all of them tonight but I hope to put a dent in it.

Do yall remember how I was working on the Boy Scouts album for Andrew? I didn't finish it by Christmas. He came over yesterday and I showed it to him. He really liked it. The reason I didn't finish it is because I didn't know what a lot of that stuff was so he told me what the photos were and I jotted down some notes so hopefully I can finish the album now. Also, it's a 12x12 album and I started in 8x8 and I'm trying to make the transition from 8x8 to 12x12 and that's hard for me. I feel like I don't have enough stuff to fill the page but yet when I work in 8x8 I feel like I don't have enough room to do everything I want. I'm never satisfied.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Hi to anyone I missed!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

hey y'all! another Monday...

I had a rough weekend, and am still recovering. Little Rock is *not* high on my list of desireable destinations. Especially not with a 22 year old brat..I swear this girl made me want to jab a hot poker in my eye.

At least it's over..and we're starting a new week!

hope everyone had a great weekend!

Courtney - you got some serious deals! you go girl!

Candace - I imagine it would be tough going from 8x8 to 12x12. It's a totally different space...

Rhonda - bah humbug on a restless night.

Sarah - so Ms. Sophia has a set of lungs on her, eh?

hullooo to the rest of our Babes!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to TxAllieGrl

Good morning!

Count me in the restless night club. I didn't crawl into bed until 2:30, then couldn't fall asleep.

Courtney, those are some great deals! Especially the sheets. I envy your ability to knit. I can crochet, but I can't get the hang of knitting. Maybe I need to visit Maine so you can teach me.

Bonnie, I think you deserved a day to relax! Great new layout.

Candace, it's hard transitioning from one size album to another. I've always done 12x12, and it's very hard going smaller. But sometimes I do feel like there's a little too much "negative space".

Allie, wow, it can't be a good weekend when Monday is a welcome sight! Here's to a much better week for ya!

to all my other girls!

Did California slide into the ocean when I wasn't looking? Julie said hi lately, but I'd love to hear from Trisha and Angie too!

OK, I've avoided doing what I need to do long enough. Back to sorting and spreadsheeting!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 10:13 AM
In response to DaniKat

I just checked in on the "you in 52 challenge" the question this week is "what did you want to be when you grew up" , I know the answer, but it's going to take some thinking to do this one.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 10:14 AM
In response to rtay

Hi Dani!
Hi Allie!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

Hey, I just got this heads-up in email.
Hickory Farms site has 75% off EVERYTHING!

http://www.hickoryfarms.com/

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to DawnInAZ

Has anyone ever tried the Special K Protein Meal Bars? I just had one for lunch and drank some water and I am not feeling very well at all. I ate it maybe an hour ago. Not to ruin anyone's lunch, but I feel nauseous.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Thanks for your comments on my Rainiers LO.

In answer to your question Rhonda-I was getting close to finishing the baseball book when I started on the 8x8 wedding book for one of the wrestling team mom's...then wrestling season started.

I am almost finished with the pics from the Rainier's camp. However, DH played ball again in September and I have another 50 photos to scrap from that day (still need to develop those). He also leaves next Monday for your state to play at the A's spring training camp (A's & M's combined). Nope, I won't be going so no pics from me to scrap. In fact, I told DH he would have to scrap any photos from his trip to Arizona, because I have other stuff to work on.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to sbartist

*moans*

*makes mental note to bring a REAL lunch tomorrow*

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 10:44 AM
In response to sbartist

Dawn your cover is going in the mail today..
there is also another picture in my gallery.
Cricut cover with bag By Rtay

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• candylou Said:
Has anyone ever tried the Special K Protein Meal Bars? I just had one for lunch and drank some water and I am not feeling very well at all. I ate it maybe an hour ago. Not to ruin anyone's lunch, but I feel nauseous.

I haven't Candy, sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

• candylou Said:
*moans*

*makes mental note to bring a REAL lunch tomorrow*

I've never tried those. I've tried the fibre one, and never had a problem with them. I'm sorry you're feeling ill.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to DaniKat

Okay no more meal bars for me. I kept feeling so awful and I went to get some water and I started shaking and all of a sudden I felt really weak so I stumbled into the bathroom and sat on a table in there until the feeling passed. Now I'm back at my desk. I'm going to try to eat an apple or something. I think it's just that I didn't eat enough.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Candace - I eat those all the time. sorry they don't agree with your system!!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to TxAllieGrl

I am doing a stamped image swap and as of right now there are 2 spots left. In case any of you would like to partcipate, here is the link -

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14921...

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

• candylou Said:
I am doing a stamped image swap and as of right now there are 2 spots left. In case any of you would like to partcipate, here is the link -

Enabler!!! Oh, the temptation!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to DaniKat

Just poking my head in to say hey and check in. Things are more in order here. I'm hoping to be back with you all in a couple of weeks =)

Glad to see you're all so chatty.

The challenges look great, thanks for helping me out Rhonda, Dawn and Candace.

Melissa ~ How are you enjoying this group so far?

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to Creative Chaos

CHELLE! It's great to see you!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 01:59 PM
In response to Creative Chaos

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Just poking my head in to say hey and check in. Things are more in order here. I'm hoping to be back with you all in a couple of weeks =)

Glad to see you're all so chatty.

The challenges look great, thanks for helping me out Rhonda, Dawn and Candace.

Melissa ~ How are you enjoying this group so far?

We love Melissa, it's like she has been here all along, she just fit right in!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 02:00 PM
In response to rtay

Melissa your check arrived today, your cover will be on the way in tomorrows mail!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 02:01 PM

• candylou Said:

Thank goodness it's something I DON'T wanna do....I have enough going on...LOL

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

Hi Chell! I'm glad you popped in!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

whoops! CHELLE. sorry - typo.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl

Hi Chelle.
and all the babes..

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 02:11 PM

Hi Chelle!
Hi Cyndi!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Hello....

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Hey babes! Just home from work and popping in while supper is cooking. I'll be back to post my challenge LO later. I need to charge up the batteries in my camera so I can upload the photos. thank goodness my camera has a good, long battery life. I only charge it every few weeks and I take a LOT of pics!

Hey Chelle, good tosee yo popping in!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Here is my LO for the weekly challenge. The stitching didn't show up very well, so I took a close up of the stitching, but for now I can't get it to upload... Hope ya like it anyway and Thanks for looking!
Maid of Honor By ScrappyPrincess

We're going over to my MIL's with my brother to plow her driveway. I'll be back later!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 05:05 PM

Little Johnny's at it again......

Little Johnny watched, fascinated, as his mother smoothed cold cream on her face. 'Why do you do that, mommy?' he asked. 'To make myself beautiful,' said his mother, who then began removing the cream with a tissue. 'What's the matter?' asked Little Johnny. 'Giving up?

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

Thanks Rhonda! Too cute!

By the way, Rhonda, my Cricut cover came in today. I LOVE IT! It looks really good on my Cricut. Thank you again! I love the embossed card, too. You must've been playing with your Cuttlebug.

I just signed up for the stamped image swap today and I already have my stamped images ready to mail out! This is my first swap outside of the our group so I am excited about getting so many different swaps back. I'm probably going to get addicted to swaps now.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

Hey girls, just got back from going over to my MIL's house to plow. I had never ridden with anyone plowing before, so that was a new experience. It was fun though, watching the snow fly from the plow.
I think I'm gonna head to bed soon, catch ya in the morning. Hope you all have a good night!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to rtay

Rhonda I LOVE your little johnny jokes...

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

Hi ladies! Thank you all so much again for making me feel so welcome! I love it here and am looking forward to the swaps and loving the challenges dd is sick, teething and has a small yeast rash. yuck! supposed to get down below -30 tonight so I am hoping for a snow day so I can play tomorrow and get pics of my sketch challenge page.
I know I am missing some of the conversation but here I go
Mama Mia- rented it about a week ago and loved it
shaker cards- use the paper cd envelopes. you can buy them in a box at wm for cheep and then you put all your stuff inside I will try to make a post on my blog with directions and pics and stuff.
I was gonna take the jo's add to wm because they will price match and get the story book cart and some other things but I ran out of money (spent a bit at the dolor store to match my cover) who knew that a dollar could add up so fast esp after hitting the scrap isle. lol
I got my all you in 52 done but I really need a better pic and I added some faux stitching so I need to update and get a pic of the journaling. I thik the question this week is gonna be very hard for me the whole what are you gonna be when you grow up is not a pleasant thing but that is what it is all about right getting those things out because they made me who I am today.
Projects and lo- I love all the ATC's and little projects I just havent had time to leave love but I will esp if I get tomorrow off
I better get to bed I am exhausted I posted on my blog all about it if you want to see the craziness that is work and life this week!
night babes I am so happy to be here I cant even tell you how much I love it!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

question can I do Mac and Cheese as a main dish? Thats how I serve it? I make the sauce from scratch with my secret ingredient, with ham and real cheese not velveta if it is too much like yours Rhonda let me know I will think of something else.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to sbartist

had to share this lo it shows my matching skills notice the plaid dress and the plaid paper lol
Beach Baby By Northernmemories

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 08:36 PM

• candylou Said:
Thanks Rhonda! Too cute!

By the way, Rhonda, my Cricut cover came in today. I LOVE IT! It looks really good on my Cricut. Thank you again! I love the embossed card, too. You must've been playing with your Cuttlebug.

I just signed up for the stamped image swap today and I already have my stamped images ready to mail out! This is my first swap outside of the our group so I am excited about getting so many different swaps back. I'm probably going to get addicted to swaps now.

I didn't emboss those cards...I got them on clearance at M's after Christmas...I thought they would make good Thank You notes! Glad your cover got there okay!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 08:37 PM

• northernmemories Said:
question can I do Mac and Cheese as a main dish? Thats how I serve it? I make the sauce from scratch with my secret ingredient, with ham and real cheese not velveta if it is too much like yours Rhonda let me know I will think of something else.

I say go for it, I'm just doing homemade mac and cheese as a side dish. Better ask Candace tho, it's her Baby!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 08:40 PM

• northernmemories Said:
Hi ladies! Thank you all so much again for making me feel so welcome! I love it here and am looking forward to the swaps and loving the challenges dd is sick, teething and has a small yeast rash. yuck! supposed to get down below -30 tonight so I am hoping for a snow day so I can play tomorrow and get pics of my sketch challenge page.
I know I am missing some of the conversation but here I go
Mama Mia- rented it about a week ago and loved it
shaker cards- use the paper cd envelopes. you can buy them in a box at wm for cheep and then you put all your stuff inside I will try to make a post on my blog with directions and pics and stuff.
I was gonna take the jo's add to wm because they will price match and get the story book cart and some other things but I ran out of money (spent a bit at the dolor store to match my cover) who knew that a dollar could add up so fast esp after hitting the scrap isle. lol
I got my all you in 52 done but I really need a better pic and I added some faux stitching so I need to update and get a pic of the journaling. I thik the question this week is gonna be very hard for me the whole what are you gonna be when you grow up is not a pleasant thing but that is what it is all about right getting those things out because they made me who I am today.
Projects and lo- I love all the ATC's and little projects I just havent had time to leave love but I will esp if I get tomorrow off
I better get to bed I am exhausted I posted on my blog all about it if you want to see the craziness that is work and life this week!
night babes I am so happy to be here I cant even tell you how much I love it!

Start feeding Jessica a little yogurt everyday, it will really help with the yeast infections.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-12-09 08:42 PM

• cynhotaz Said:
Rhonda I LOVE your little johnny jokes...

Oh good , cuz I have more...I just throw one in occasionally to break the silience....

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to rtay

Hello, babes... Hi, Chelle.. good to see you!!!

I'm not feeling that great today. I got to work today and got the horrible news that there were layoffs on Friday (I only work on Mon and Wed). One of my friends got hit with it.

I think I am the next in-line. We were both transferred to this dept when our new director took over our old dept and forced us out when he dismantled that team.

I'm OK for now, but I will not be safe next quarter or next half of this year. We need to cutback.. something I have to teach the family about...

It's not a big deal as long as DH doesn't get laid off. I've been wanting to take a break for a while in for my health's sake. I will pull DS from daycare then and will have him 5 days a week until the fall, when he starts preschool. I can let him go 2 or 3 mornings per week.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Hello, babes... Hi, Chelle.. good to see you!!!

I'm not feeling that great today. I got to work today and got the horrible news that there were layoffs on Friday (I only work on Mon and Wed). One of my friends got hit with it.

I think I am the next in-line. We were both transferred to this dept when our new director took over our old dept and forced us out when he dismantled that team.

I'm OK for now, but I will not be safe next quarter or next half of this year. We need to cutback.. something I have to teach the family about...

It's not a big deal as long as DH doesn't get laid off. I've been wanting to take a break for a while in for my health's sake. I will pull DS from daycare then and will have him 5 days a week until the fall, when he starts preschool. I can let him go 2 or 3 mornings per week.

having mil there helps too.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

Yeah. It helps a bit.. but we still do most of the things ourselves, and bringing up a kid isn't really a job you can delegate much to others. She watches him when I go to dr's appt, but I never want to leave him too long, because she is more focused on cooking than watching him (because her love language is 'cooking food') and she doesn't really know how to interact with kids. She loves the kids.. but she's just not that kind of grandma, which is totally fine.. but it's just that you can't rely on her for babysitting. And we shouldn't anyways. She is a grandma, not a babysitter...

Last time we were in HK, she let him watch some pretty violent cartoons and he picked up some bad habits from it. Things like that. She doesn't have judgement over a lot of things so unless I spell out everything, stuff like that happens. And I can't think of every scenario possible. And that's fine. I shouldn't ask her to babysit. She should enjoy her time with the kids IF she prefers to. Otherwise, the kids are entirely our responsibility.

She's a great MIL, personality-wise ... and she cooks and that's about it. She can help move really heavy furniture too... but other than that, I still do everything myself. And have to worry for her part and plan for her too...

Edited by jellyziva on 01-12-09 11:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

But I love that the kids get to spend time with her. She's the only granny left... and I wish they will have great memories of being with her.

For that, it's worth sacrificing my privacy, 6 months at a time. I"m not sure I can do it all year long though...

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jellyziva

I will be back when I get to work to catch up but 2 things real quick for Melissa:

1) On the blog thing, right click and save the image to your computer and then just add an image to your post just like you would any other picture.

2) I would rather not have two similar dishes in the swap but if you absolutely can't come up with anything else then go for it! It's really not that big of a deal. I don't think Rhonda's has ham in it, either.

K I'll be back later!

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
She can help move really heavy furniture too...

See there's something positive about MILs.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

Hey girls!!!

I didn't wanna get out of bed either, Shannon. So warm and snuggly there.

I'm watching Big Bang Theory. Hilarious show. It's on CBS. I didn't think it'd make it past the first season when I saw the commercials. So glad it did. I loooooooooove Sheldon.

I found the great deals at the outlet stores in North Conway, NH. Prices there are good to begin.. and with their clearance and after holiday sales, even better! Usually I don't get so lucky for things other than clothes for Nick.

I'll try to take a picture of my scarf later. My next project is a quilt using Jitterbug fabric that looks just like the Cosmo Cricket paper. Soooooo pretty, plus soft.

Dani.... I like crocheting too. It's not easy with the bulky, furry yarns I like to use. Better idea, Dani... I'll come visit you! You have the warmth right now!

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, I love your siggy. Zeva is awesome. I like her a lot more than the other girl they had.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Good morning girls!

Shirley -

Melissa - Thanks for the tip on the shaker cards!

Rhonda - You could've fooled me. I thought you made that card.

Shannon - I can honestly say I've never ridden a snow plow. I bet it's fun though.

Courtney - While you're teaching Dani, you can teach me how to sew! My grandma is a master seamstress and makes beautiful things...that gene missed me.

I'm at work. I would love to work full-time now that I'm not in school so I could save the extra money but I don't know if they're going to let me or not. It's never been a problem before but now my boss has to clear it with the budget department. If they don't let me then I'm going to stick with my normal three days a week but only work Monday through Wednesday. That would be nice! I started moving things into my new office yesterday. I've got to make it homey in there.

Andrew went to school this morning, first day back. It feels wierd for me not to be going. My time will come next month, though.

I haven't forgot about the January challenge and the stitching challenge. I was working on stamping images for the other swamp I'm in last night and I got so sick of the Staz-On smell that I had to get away from my scrap desk. Some people (no offense if you do) love the way Staz-On smells but I can't stand it. Anyway...I'll get those challenges done sometime this week. I might be brave and do them in 12x12! The only problem is I don't have any 12x12 albums! I think I need to pick a size and stick with it.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

I love the smell and no offense taken lol it reminds me of candy but it can get a little much if using it a lot I will pick something else so no worries there and I had to let you know we didnt get the day off.
When I left for work it was -34 real feel and I just saw it is -18 with a real feel of -36 it was supposed to get warrmer as the day went on not colder lol

Page 5 of 262 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics