Username Post: Labeling Scrapbooks        (Topic#1493201)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm wondering how people label their scrapbooks. As in on the spine of the album do you label it. I seen some clips in a magazine that you can put on them. Not sure that I like that. Does anyone alter their book so the spine is decorated and labeled? If anyone could show me or point me to your gallery for this it would be great. I've never altered anything before so I'm wondering how hard this would be? Or is there something I can buy here.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 01-20-09 10:59 AM
In response to Becky Scraps

I don't do altering but I do label the spine. Its very basic - 2000, 2001...

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Personally, I don't label mine. Mine are in no kind of order..just LO's stuck in the albums as I get them done...a lot less stress, a lot more fun!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to JayAndXansMom

i had the same issue when DH asked how he would know which books held what. so i used some tags, bought at the LSS, covered it with a paper that is similar to the book, and used ribbon for gifts to tie it around the first post in the book. this pic shows it, sort of.

Scrap area By Lamoo12

that way the book stands out and has labels. hope that helps!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-20-09 11:06 AM

I don't label the spines, but I do choose a specific color for each year. Once I accumulate too many where I can't remember what year is what color, I'll probably use little round metal-rimmed tags with the year on them, and just adhere them (without the string) directly to the spine (I use American Crafts D-Ring albums with wide spines).

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

I used to label the dates on my photo albums but my scrapbooks are not labeled. They aren't arranged by date. They're all different sizes and colors and manufacturers. The Christmas scrapbooks are obvious as is our S. African safari book (zebra print)...as are the Disneyland books and the Halloween book (it's the only black one). My husband and the girls just know which albums are theirs and the rest are just random books that are rearranged frequently and contain all the misc layouts that are loosely sorted as family, friends and so on. So far I pretty much know where everything is and with 30 books that's pretty good....so far.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Ami G

I write the date or event on the bottom of the spine with a sharpie.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
i had the same issue when DH asked how he would know which books held what. so i used some tags, bought at the LSS, covered it with a paper that is similar to the book, and used ribbon for gifts to tie it around the first post in the book. this pic shows it, sort of.

Scrap area By Lamoo12

that way the book stands out and has labels. hope that helps!

Thanks. This is a good idea and seems easy enough.

Edited by becky_d956 on 01-20-09 11:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps

Oh, we are supposed to be seperating our albums by year/event/person etc....???????????? Oh my someone should have told me that!!!! LOL

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to cidscraps

i'm so fanatic is not funny... i have them in years and theams.... i have a ton of book's still to make...

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Kitty_wOlf

• Kitty_wOlf Said:
i'm so fanatic is not funny... i have them in years and theams.... i have a ton of book's still to make...

I'm the same way that's why I want to label them somehow.

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 01-20-09 05:25 PM

Here is how I do mine...I use this ribbon that is about 2 and 1/4 inches and tie a white tag to them...I have the ribbon a bit tight and that also keeps things from falling into my pages and bending them

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Kiber

I use the CTMH clip on tags. I like them!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to johnsusan8

I use the CTMH tags too.

You could try stamping on fabric albums with staz on.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Kiber

• Kiber Said:
Here is how I do mine...I use this ribbon that is about 2 and 1/4 inches and tie a white tag to them...I have the ribbon a bit tight and that also keeps things from falling into my pages and bending them

WOW! That is a whole lotta albums!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Jennifer Priest

• Jennifer Priest Said:
  • Kiber Said:

WOW! That is a whole lotta albums!

I thought the same thing tons of albums. I like this idea too. Thanks everyone for your input.

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 01-21-09 06:45 PM

Well, each of my kids has their own set of albums documenting their lives...and I have been scrappin' now for over 10 years. And I don't stuff them too full....

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kiber

mcitp Well, each of my kids has their own set of albums documenting their lives...and I have been scrappin' now for over 10 years. And I don't stuff them too full....640-802 dumps Well, each of my kids has their own set of albums documenting their lives...and I have been scrappin' now for over 10 years. And I don't stuff them too full....642-145 Well, each of my kids has their own set of albums documenting their lives...and I have been scrappin' now for over 10 years. And I don't stuff them too full....
642-873

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to marrydavidson

i started labeling mine after DH asked how he was supposed to know what was in each book. I use tags i tie to the top post of the book. you can see it in this pic:

Scrap area By Lamoo12

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Lamoo12

I use Creative Memories albums and have them imprinted. There is also a site out there that I have heard a bunch of people using called goldstamp.com that will imprint a lot of different albums. They look so good when they are done but are a little pricey if you have a lot to do. I just send in a couple at a time

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to purpledurple

I used vinyl on two of mine and I love it, I haven't done the spine yet (didn't really think about it) I'll post pics later.

lyndamathis
New Kid On the Block
lyndamathis
In response to purpledurple

This is a question I've always had! I've been using little squares of cardstock fastened to the spine with clear book-binding tape that a librarian gave me. I'm almost out of that tape, though, and I can't find it anywhere, so these ideas are great!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to lyndamathis

What about heat embossing the spine and cover? THats what I plan to do with my CM albums

missdaisy23
Expert
missdaisy23
In response to CorrieW

I've started using We R Memory 3 ring binder albums for my nieces and nephews. The top of the spine has a bookplate holder. I put a close up B&W photo of that childs current age in the bookplate.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

I have 3 kids under the age of 9, I buy We R Memory 3 ring leather albums. I get the lilac color for my daughter, she has 5 of them so far so it's easier to put the year so you know which one to grab.

Maria

Edited by flagirlof4 on 07-18-10 07:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sarah_bear621
Expert
sarah_bear621
In response to flagirlof4

I label my spines by wrapping ribbon along the entire length of the spine on the outside and tying it in the middle of the spine on the inside of the book... If that makes any sense! Before tying it on the inside, I attach a tag onto the ribbon which will display the date on the outside of the spine. If you have a plain album, the ribbon you choose can also fancy-up the album a bit. I took a photo of one of my albums displaying the labelling which you can find here...

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/493361/view /2839591/...

Sorry about the bad photo quality!

Edited by sarah_bear621 on 07-18-10 09:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics