Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Joyce, that is terrible!!! I hope you can get it resolved soon!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I thought of something else, Joyce. you can put a freeze and an alert on their credit report so that no one can open a new acct without going through additional hoops. It's supposed to protect you against someone opening credit without your knowledge.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Joyce, did you delete your facebook profile photo and/or profile? You don't have a photo and when I tried to search for you, it didn't find you.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

Here is the Black Friday list for Michaels

http://bfads.net/Michaels/Name/Page1

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Joyce, did you delete your facebook profile photo and/or profile? You don't have a photo and when I tried to search for you, it didn't find you.

Hi everyone! I did delete my facebook but I'm going back today. I miss my games. Your message came thru to my phone though which I was surprised. Thanks for all the credit report information. I'm going to have to look into all that this week.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to kirkkevinsmom

Good morning!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Thanks for the shopping tip Di! I'm checking it out now.

I don't know if we'll get up and go shopping on Black Friday or not. Here in TX, they don't even know what Black Friday means. They look at you funny and say - you mean the day after Thanksgiving?

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

It looks like their coupons are better than anything that's on sale. I didn't see anything Martha Stewart on sale. I need to get some more of her paint.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I'll have to get a paper on Thanksgiving and see if there are things we must have that makes it worth getting up early. I'd rather go to Michael's on Thursday night, so hopefully they have some good things on sale then. We did that one year, and David thought we were all nuts!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

Good Morning!

I am on the lookout for the plain wreathes, I need them to decorate, also some Christmas ribbon, other than that I think I'll just look around.
The other store I need to make a stop at is Target, but I have not gotten there black Friday paper yet, I hope they have good prices on what I want.
My sister does not know what stores she wants to go to, she mentioned Best Buy and I told her not to even think about it, I avoid any electronics on that day, only the people who sleep outside in the cold get a chance to buy the good deals because stores just release small quantities

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to dianapena8

Here's a site for all the black friday ads.

http://bfads.net/

You can sign up on target's website to get texts/emails about the black friday deals.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Walmart has some great deals starting on Thursday night. I might not be able to keep David from getting a flat screen TV and blu ray player.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

The Target black friday ad has not yet been released. Should be within the next few days.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

I saw that they only have the Toy add, and I am not interested in that one

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
I'll have to get a paper on Thanksgiving and see if there are things we must have that makes it worth getting up early. I'd rather go to Michael's on Thursday night, so hopefully they have some good things on sale then. We did that one year, and David thought we were all nuts!

I've been going to Michaels on Thanksgiving Day for the past few years!! Last year I got a free Cricut cartridge!!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Here's a site for all the black friday ads.

http://bfads.net/

You can sign up on target's website to get texts/emails about the black friday deals.

Walmart is a ZOO Thursday night and Friday morning early. Last year they started the sales at 10 PM and it was a riot. I want Just Dance 4 and I told the one tech who was up there last year that he is going with me so he can help fight the crowd so I can get it. LOL He goes up after video games too.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

In our Sunday paper this past week Walmart had a big ad for their toys and I saw the game "The Big Bang Theory" trivia game. I want it so bad. I went to Walmart today on my lunch and they didn't have it! That was sold out already and the board game Word for Friends.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

wow, I hope they make another batch soon

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I think we will steer clear of Black Friday!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to Scraptastic Mom

Good morning!

txerica
Governor
txerica

hsppy Friday!

Any weekend plans?
I am going to decorate! Maybe do a Christmas home tour tomorrow.

txerica
Governor
txerica

poof

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

A Christmas home tour sounds fun! Happy Friday to you as well.

Tom has to work tomorrow and I might take the kids to see the Green Giant statue get scarfed for Christmas and it's a Holiday on the town day in the same town. We might wander some little shops.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Happy Friday! I'm leaving work at 3 and me and my boss are going to a crop tonight and all day tomorrow! I can't wait. I just got back from lunch and I get to leave in alittle over an hour! I'm hoping to get my Niagara Falls trip done plus I have some other things to work on.

Walmart has their black friday sale out already! It is on there web site.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I hope you have a blast today and tomorrow Joyce!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
I think we will steer clear of Black Friday!

Hello!

I juts saw the Target add, and I am very disappointed they do not have any baby stuff on sale one less store to visit on that day.

I'll wait for cyber Monday

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Al your weekend plans sound so fun

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Erica, what camera are you getting for Christmas? this bundle at Target sounds good:

Canon Rebel T3 12.2MP DSLR Camera (Black) w/ 18-55mm lense, 75-300mm zoom lense, 4GB SDHC card and Canon DSLR bag.
ad scan
$499.99

txerica
Governor
txerica

I want the Sony RX100. It was named one of the best inventions of the year, so that got my attention.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Has anyone seen Folk magazine? I was checking out their blog yesterday and I ended up subscribing. It looks beautiful. I'm hoping to check Barnes & Noble this weekend to see if they have the Christmas issue.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

I have not, what is the mag about?

txerica
Governor
txerica

It's about homemade living, primarily. Lots of crafts people and do it yourself way of life. Looks interesting.

They're having a special - $11 for a year (6 issues). You have to find the link on Facebook or Pinterest (I forget which) for the special.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

it sounds like a good mag, let us know if you like it, I wonder if they have it in nook version.

Hope you all have a great weekend

Scrappin-Debbi
Diva
Scrappin-Debbi

Hey Shelias enjoyed the warm weather today. Gabby and I went to the zoo. Tomorrow we are going to a princess tea. I hope all is well. I miss you all.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to Scrappin-Debbi

HI everyone! My crop was fun and I got alot done. I'll have to get some pictures up in my gallery this week. Today the temp was 72 and I got to wear my flip flops! We went shopping to Joann's in Greensburg to the bigger Joann's and there was so many motorcycles out today. You never see that in November so close to Thanksgiving. They had their paper on sale 3/.99 so I had to stock up on cardstock again. Me and my boss are going to another crop this upcoming weekend.

Erica - I had pumpkin pancakes at IHOP this morning. They were good. I'm going to have Schwann's autumn ice cream tonight which is a pumpkin ice cream.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Joyce, it sounds like you had a great time, and get to do it again this weekend!
I had the IHOP pumpkin pancakes a couple weeks ago. The only time I go to IHOP is to get pumpkin pancakes in the fall.

David was stopping at walmart on his way home Friday night, so I told him to get the mini pumpkin cupcakes if they had them. He bought them, and a box of pumpkin iced cookies, a box of Krispy Kreme pumpkin donuts, a Krispy Kreme pumpkin pie, and a container of pumpkin muffins. I was so irritated that he wasted money on all the junk food that I have not been buying for more than 6 months. He doesn't get it. Then he wonders why he gains weight.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

We put up our tree on Saturday and David tried to get the lights that blew out last year working, but couldn't. We went to Walmart to buy a string of lights and ended up buying a new tree. I've searched everywhere for a new tree and couldn't find a nice one. I NEVER would have guessed that I'd find it at walmart. Their other trees were kind of small and chintzy, but they had one that was just perfect.
So then we had to take down the old tree and put up the new one. Now my tree is up and decorated, and all the lights work.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
It's about homemade living, primarily. Lots of crafts people and do it yourself way of life. Looks interesting.

They're having a special - $11 for a year (6 issues). You have to find the link on Facebook or Pinterest (I forget which) for the special.

That sounds interesting!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
We put up our tree on Saturday and David tried to get the lights that blew out last year working, but couldn't. We went to Walmart to buy a string of lights and ended up buying a new tree. I've searched everywhere for a new tree and couldn't find a nice one. I NEVER would have guessed that I'd find it at walmart. Their other trees were kind of small and chintzy, but they had one that was just perfect.
So then we had to take down the old tree and put up the new one. Now my tree is up and decorated, and all the lights work.

You are on the ball. Can you come here and decorate please?

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
HI everyone! My crop was fun and I got alot done. I'll have to get some pictures up in my gallery this week. Today the temp was 72 and I got to wear my flip flops! We went shopping to Joann's in Greensburg to the bigger Joann's and there was so many motorcycles out today. You never see that in November so close to Thanksgiving. They had their paper on sale 3/.99 so I had to stock up on cardstock again. Me and my boss are going to another crop this upcoming weekend.

Erica - I had pumpkin pancakes at IHOP this morning. They were good. I'm going to have Schwann's autumn ice cream tonight which is a pumpkin ice cream.

I'm glad you had fun Joyce! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Joyce and Erica, I had no idea there were quite so many pumpkin flavored things! haha!

Holy moly! It is snowing like crazy outside right now. blah!!!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
  • txerica Said:

You are on the ball. Can you come here and decorate please?

here too

Good Morning!!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

glad you has a blast Joyce.

Erica, maybe you can send some of those pastries to Joyce

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Snow already Julz?

txerica
Governor
txerica

My family had snow in NJ last week. 2 inches.
I think the shore areas are supposed to go back to school this week. I don't know how they'll make up all the time they missed since the hurricane.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

It stopped luckily. Hate seeing white stuff before Dec.

When I was in high school, we had a horrible ice storm and we had no power for 2 weeks. The high school was a red cross shelter so we couldn't go to school. We didn't have to make it up.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Wow - I can't imagine no electricity for 2 weeks, especially in the winter. At least we have a fireplace for minimal warmth.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning!
I did not get any decorating done yesterday. Hopefully today I can clean my hutch and mantel so I get them finished.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Joyce, it sounds like you had a great time, and get to do it again this weekend!
I had the IHOP pumpkin pancakes a couple weeks ago. The only time I go to IHOP is to get pumpkin pancakes in the fall.

David was stopping at walmart on his way home Friday night, so I told him to get the mini pumpkin cupcakes if they had them. He bought them, and a box of pumpkin iced cookies, a box of Krispy Kreme pumpkin donuts, a Krispy Kreme pumpkin pie, and a container of pumpkin muffins. I was so irritated that he wasted money on all the junk food that I have not been buying for more than 6 months. He doesn't get it. Then he wonders why he gains weight.

Good Morning! WOW!! Does he have a sweet tooth? LOL

The pumpkin pancakes were good and the ice cream too. I had more ice cream last night due to the steelers playing badly. But they did win.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

I thought about decorating yesterday but I was going thru my scrapbooking stuff and organizing stuff. I have a pile of stuff that I haven't used or touched so I'm putting that on ebay some time. I have some little things that I will give to my boss Rosie. I don't see me decorating now until after Thanksgiving. This weekend would have been perfect to decorate outside. We had 70 degree weather here. Now today it is 30!

txerica
Governor
txerica

I made a Christmas tree topper yesterday. I was tired of our usual gold bow, and the primitive angel I have was balance too precariously to be safe.
I'm hoping to be able to embellish the one I made a little more, but we'll see if that happens.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
I made a Christmas tree topper yesterday. I was tired of our usual gold bow, and the primitive angel I have was balance too precariously to be safe.
I'm hoping to be able to embellish the one I made a little more, but we'll see if that happens.

Good morning! That sounds pretty Erica!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Good Morning!

training day yesterday, it kept me very busy

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

I have so many crafty things to do
hopefully today I can finish my housework fast and spend time in my scraproom

txerica
Governor
txerica

Di, when will you start your maternity leave?

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

I asked to start a week before my due date Jan/28, but I might change my mind, it really depends on how I feel by then, and also I've heard first time moms are normally late, I'll check with my doctor. I don't want to just be sitting home pregnant taking over days I'd rather use once baby E is here

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Hi Di! Yeah, you might want that time to spend with Elisa. 12 weeks goes so fast really.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Hi Di! Yeah, you might want that time to spend with Elisa. 12 weeks goes so fast really.

They do
I asked my boss if I could work half a day during my first months back, he said yes but we still don't know how many months I'll be doing that, after a while I will need to start getting my 40 hour pay check again

txerica
Governor
txerica

Di, have you found a sitter or day care for when you go back to work?

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• dianapena8 Said:
  • Scraptastic Mom Said:

They do
I asked my boss if I could work half a day during my first months back, he said yes but we still don't know how many months I'll be doing that, after a while I will need to start getting my 40 hour pay check again

You'll need those 40 hr. paychecks for daycare.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:

yes, the mom of one of my coworkers has a daycare in her house, she will be my Julz

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Scotty

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• dianapena8 Said:
  • txerica Said:

yes, the mom of one of my coworkers has a daycare in her house, she will be my Julz

I wish I lived closer!!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Hi everyone! Busy day here at work. Trying to work done and one of my co-workers mother died so a bunch of us hopped in the work van and went to the viewing. I'm tired today too. Staying up til midnight on a work night stinks. LOL

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
  • dianapena8 Said:
  • txerica Said:

I wish I lived closer!!

Me too

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
Hi everyone! Busy day here at work. Trying to work done and one of my co-workers mother died so a bunch of us hopped in the work van and went to the viewing. I'm tired today too. Staying up til midnight on a work night stinks. LOL

Hi Joyce

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning! We're almost there...Friday is near...

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I spent 3 hours getting my hair cut and colored last night. She had to do the color twice because it didn't really take the first time - after I sat there for over an hour. And I don't like the color, it's way too dark. I'm going to let it fade for a month and get it redone in Dec.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Good Morning!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I forgot to do a drive by of the movie theater last night and this morning to see how many people were sleeping outside to get Breaking Dawn tickets that go on sale at 10 am here. That's just crazy as cold as it has been.

Me and the girl I work with are going Monday afternoon since we are off. My friends daughter who says I'm her second mommy is skipping school Monday to go with me. Jenna who works here is skipping school Monday to go with us. We figured it shouldn't be busy. Last year we went on Sunday and had to sit in the first row and that really stunk! I heard there is a surprise ending. I wonder what it is??? I guess it wasn't in the books.

txerica
Governor
txerica

My company laid off more people yesterday. I don't know if they were waiting for Obama or what.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
My company laid off more people yesterday. I don't know if they were waiting for Obama or what.

Oh that doesn't sound good.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:

Yikes! That's always a scary thing for sure!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Good morning girls!

Joyce, let me know what you think of the movie after you see it. I know I won't get to see til it's on dvd. I haven't even seen the last one (possibly two) yet!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Happy Friday!!

What are your weekend plans?
I'm going to lunch today, and I'm planning to finish my decorating this weekend.
My favorite garage sale is tomorrow, so I'm hoping it's not cold when I go out there.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Good morning girls!

Joyce, let me know what you think of the movie after you see it. I know I won't get to see til it's on dvd. I haven't even seen the last one (possibly two) yet!

I sure will!

I'm in a real dilemma.....I'm going to a crop tonight until midnight and then I have to be at work tomorrow at 8:30 then after work at 3 we are going back to the crop til midnight. Then I have a chance to go to the Steelers/Ravens game (I HATE THE RAVENS) one of our customers has tickets and I can buy them. Well I have to have my car in to get inspected early Monday morning and I have a nail appointment at 10 and movies at 12:15. I won't get home from the Steelers game until about 2 am. I just don't know what to do. UGH!!! I want to go to the game really bad but I have so much to do. I told John I would think about it at lunch.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Joyce, why don't you make one of the kids get the car inspected and then you wont have to get up so early. Use one of your benefits of having grown men who can drive living with you.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I'm more worried about getting sleep. I don't want to give up my crop times and I have to be at work. We are having customer appreciation day and there is a buffet for lunch. And I want to go to the game!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Joyce, why don't you make one of the kids get the car inspected and then you wont have to get up so early. Use one of your benefits of having grown men who can drive living with you.

That is true. We were just going to leave it there because it needs about 2 hours of work. I need front brakes and rotors, oil change and a wheel bearing. So we can't wait for it.

I don't want to take one of the kids cars to Pittsburgh because they aren't that good of cars...lol

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

And I'm off Monday but I do have to be up and at work by 9 to do payroll. Our payday is Thanksgiving. I would like to get paid the day after but we have some cry babies here that would be crying over the day late.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I like the idea of having the boys take the car so you can sleep in a bit at least.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I hope you have nice weather for the garage sale Erica! What kinds of goodies does this sale normally have?

Dylan has a music concert at Barnes and Noble tomorrow. It's a fundraiser for the music dept. that they do each year and a portion of the day's proceeds go to the school's often cut back Music program.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Enjoy your day at Barnes & Noble tomorrow Julie!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Julie, the concert sounds nice - at least I hope it does!

I find all kinds of treasures at this garage sale. She is a shabby antiques dealer at our huge antique mall and I always find great deals at her sale.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

Hello, busy training days here.

Joyce, your weekend and Monday are packed.

Edited by dianapena8 on 11-16-12 02:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
I hope you have nice weather for the garage sale Erica! What kinds of goodies does this sale normally have?

Dylan has a music concert at Barnes and Noble tomorrow. It's a fundraiser for the music dept. that they do each year and a portion of the day's proceeds go to the school's often cut back Music program.

What a nice thing to do, I am in favor of keeping music and art in schools

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Julie, the concert sounds nice - at least I hope it does!

I find all kinds of treasures at this garage sale. She is a shabby antiques dealer at our huge antique mall and I always find great deals at her sale.

How fun, can't wait to see what goodies you find

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

My weekend is also packed, I'm picking up my sister tomorrow afternoon
After dinner we will be going to see Twilight, I really did not want to go but my sister and believe or not Raul want to see it I already bought the tickets yesterday.
Sunday we are meeting with my brother and family at the museum because they have the Christmas around the worid exhibit

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did my Thanksgiving grocery shopping and made it to Target on Saturday. I didn't even get out of my pajamas yesterday.
David got the outside lights up and I watched Christmas movies and finished most of my decorating. I probably have a few little things left.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Good morning girls! The concert at Barnes and Noble was nice. It was a very packed store!! I'm glad I kept Ella at home with Grandma because I was waiting in line to use the school vouchers for over 30 min. I hope they raised alot.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

We're headed outside for awhile. It's so nice and warm. See you in a bit.

Erica, did you get to that shabby chic garage sale?

txerica
Governor
txerica

Glad the concert went well Julie.
I see you're gearing up for another craft show. When is it?

I was so tired Friday night, that I decided to just sleep and not get up for the garage sale. I'm in the process of packing up ALL my massive amount of excess decor, so I really didn't need to bring more in. However, I did go out to see one of my favorite junkers and bought a few smalls at her store. I also got a pumpkin shake at Jack in the Box

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

December 8th is the craft sale. It's at our church.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good luck! I hope you sell out.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

Good Morning!

I am glad you both had a very nice and rested weekend, great news about the concert Julz

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

We had a great family day yesterday, but I got so, so tired, Museums are not a good idea for me right now I am still exhausted.
My sister is staying at a hotel in downtown till tomorrow, one of my cousins is staying with her, they are both the type of shopaholics that like to go inside every store but do not buy much, should I call them window shopping fanatics? lol, I'm sure they are having a blast in downtown walking in and out of stores and I am glad I do not have to be there with her.

for now I have two days to rest

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Shopping's exhausting!! I would like the rest too!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Did anyone watch the American Music Awards? I didn't watch it live but I caught some of the performers on youtube and Pink was amazing! I also hate to say that as much as the Gangham style song gets on my nerves, the performance at the end was fun! lol

txerica
Governor
txerica

I didn't watch it. There are way too many music award shows. Does anyone ever get left out?

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Di, I can imagine how tired you were! I get tired quickly is seems, and I'm not carrying around a baby!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics