Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to Scraptastic Mom

Joyce, congrats on the prize $$$!!

I wish the daycare kiddos were as sleepy as I am. lol. Everyone but two went to sleep early (they were tired like me apparently) but the other two are so hyper it's nuts! lol. Probably good actually that they are awake so I DON'T fall asleep! haha

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

poof

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I think I'm all caught up on shows. Oh, wait...I'm one behind on Once Upon A time but otherwise, I think I'm all caught up.

Joyce, last night George from Hart of Dixie was on The Talking Dead to join the chat about The Walking Dead. He was very funny.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I like George but Wade is so much HOTTER!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to kirkkevinsmom

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
I like George but Wade is so much HOTTER!

haha! Yes he is!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Joyce, congrats on another win!

Julie, why did you have 9 kids today? Is school closed? I don't know how you can stand it! Are the 2 that are hyper that 2 you complained about before?

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Joyce, where are you planning to go on vacation?

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
Julie - I need a nap too. I didn't sleep good last night and I don't know why. I got caught up with some TV shows that I'm behind on though. I'm caught up with The Following, Nashville and Dallas. I think I might have to watch Dallas tonight since tonight is the night that JR dies on the show. But I almost have to watch The Following that show is just unreal!!! I was watching Nashville and nothing seemed familiar to me because I missed a week so I had to watch 2 shows of Nashville.

I started to watch Dallas when my sister was here because she watches it, we also saw the 3 first eppisodes of the Fallowing, but I wont be watching it anymore, the theme is to crude for me, I stopped watching criminal minds for the same reason

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to dianapena8

time to make some dinner and continue with the evening routine. I hope to be here tomorrow

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Good morning! ugh. This snow has GOT to stop! Yet another day home for the school kids!!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning!
Julie, how much snow do you have?
It was 88 here yesterday, but only in the 50s today.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Good Morning!

Diana - I'm not sure where we are going on vacation. I'm just saving up my winnings from lottery tickets and NASCAR pool at work. That is usually my spending money.

Julie - You haven't had that much snow this year!! We are getting up to 12 inches by tomorrow night. Tomorrow is my day off and I want to go to Kohls and Hobby Lobby and it is about an hour away so I guess I'll be staying home.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Yup, Joyce, you are getting our snow tomorrow. I think it's so weird the Winter has been so mild and then, boom...2 feet in March in two days! lol

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Erica, we got about 11 inches yesterday and so far we have 8 today so far, supposed to get about 12 inches.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Well we think the groundhog lied to us again!!! I'm not looking forward to this snow storm tonight and tomorrow. I'm hoping this is the last one.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Oh my! I hope you all keep warm and safe. 2 feet of snow. I can't imagine!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Our yard was muddy just days ago! haha!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Hello!
we are getting lots of snow too, it has not stopped since 6AM, I have a Drs. appointment I can't miss because I already re-scheduled it last week, ironicaly because it was snowing a lot I just hope Raul makes it home on time to take care of Eliza, if not I wont have another option but to re-schedule again

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I was just out for lunch and it is beautiful out there. It is only 39 but the sun is shinning and it feels so nice. I told the places I had to go to that it is hard to believe that we are getting hit with a snow storm tonight. At my house Sammy is the only one that will love it.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

my Sammy loves to see it from the window, but that is as far as his loves for the snow goes

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Good morning ladies! The kiddos finally went to school on time today! Whoop!!!

txerica
Governor
txerica

good morning!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Hi Erica!

Is your craft room completely empty now?

txerica
Governor
txerica

It is empty, except for the cabinets and counter.
But, we are going to take those out this weekend. The guy was supposed to be here this afternoon, but called this morning that he has to go out of town due to a death in the family.

I was going to change the plan for the craft room anyway - he was supposed to put in a closet and patch/repair some cracks. I don't think patching is going to work and I want all the drywall removed and replaced, depending on the price. Should be here to Monday to do the work. That room was a mess when we bought the house and we did our best to patch it to live with it, but I don't want to list the house with that room the way it is.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

So when it is redone, will it just be a bedroom?

txerica
Governor
txerica

yes, a small bedroom. I have a (larger than I expected) stash of craft supplies that I'm keeping out and I'll store those in that room's closet. My desk/laptops will be in there so I'll continue to use it as my office until we move.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Haha! Just had something happen that made me chuckle. I either slept wrong last night or did something to my neck/right shoulder and I put some BenGay on it. One of the daycare kiddos woke up, hugged me and said I smelled like Grandma! haha!!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Julie, that is too cute!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

Hello, sounds like you have been extremely busy packing up thta room, but it will be best for the sale.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Haha! Just had something happen that made me chuckle. I either slept wrong last night or did something to my neck/right shoulder and I put some BenGay on it. One of the daycare kiddos woke up, hugged me and said I smelled like Grandma! haha!!

that is so funny

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Good morning!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Good Afternoon! Julie that was a cute story about the Bengay.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I have a car rental until March 18th. Someone hit the back of my car a few weeks ago. I got a 2013 Toyota Corolla. I can turn my iphone bluetooth on and it syncs to the car radio and I can talk via the radio and not hold the phone. I called Clay on my way to work and he was wondering why and I said I wanted to talk without holding the phone. LOL The little things amuse me.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
I have a car rental until March 18th. Someone hit the back of my car a few weeks ago. I got a 2013 Toyota Corolla. I can turn my iphone bluetooth on and it syncs to the car radio and I can talk via the radio and not hold the phone. I called Clay on my way to work and he was wondering why and I said I wanted to talk without holding the phone. LOL The little things amuse me.

lol. That would be cool to do!!!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Hello! I hope everyone is having a good day.
Who's digging out from the snow?

Joyce, someone hit your car again? Maybe that car is bad luck.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Erica - Yesterday afternoon everything was all clear. The boys shoveled and used the snowblower and we were good. I could have went shopping in the afternoon but I was doing housework/laundry and watching the rest of season 2 of Downton Abbey. So addicted to that show!!!!

My co-worker told me that a red car usually gets hit the most. I'm so ready to get rid of it now. This is the 3rd time and none of them my fault!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I think we might get a little freezing rain this weekend and then I hope that's it.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

You would think people would see a red car even more and NOT hit it. Thank goodness you've never been hurt in any of those times! (At least I think you haven't)

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

You would think so!! No I have never been hurt. The first 2 were hit and runs. So I had to pay the deductible. This last one I was in the car. He thought I was going to run the stop sign and I didn't.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Joyce, I've never heard that about red cars. I've had 3 for the past 13 years and never been hit (knock on wood). I think you just have a lot of careless drivers around you!

So some idiot hit you because he thought you were going to break the law, so he could run it too? What an IDIOT!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Bad east coast drivers!

txerica
Governor
txerica

must be bad western PA drivers, we're all excellent drivers in NJ

Happy Friday!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Any weekend plans?

So far, it's overcast here today. Supposed to have thunderstorms this weekend. I guess I'll try to pack up some more stuff in the house. I can't move in my dining room right now because all the entry way furniture and leftover craft stuff is in here.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Lily has been sick with a stomach virus all week. She did manage to go to school on Wed, but came home sick yesterday.

She'll only wear pants pajamas because she doesn't want to throw up on the nightgowns. What a princess.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
must be bad western PA drivers, we're all excellent drivers in NJ

Happy Friday!

Good one Erica!!!

Happy Friday!!!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

aawww I hope she feels better soon Erica!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

oh Yuck! Hope she feels better Erica!

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow a couple hours away if the weather's nice. We are projected to get freezing rain so I don't know if we will make the 2 plus hour trip if that's the case. Have to wait and see on that one.

Tonight we will go out to eat to celebrate my brother in law's and Tom's birthday. Hope to be online for any chatting on the Friday night facebook page if any one is around after that.

BTW...March's inchie/twinchie sign up is up here on sb.com or The Sheila facebook page. Theme is St. Patrick's Day.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

We are to be close to the 50's on Sunday. woooo hoooo. Heat wave for us.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Joyce, we're only going to be in the 50s on Sunday and Monday.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
We are to be close to the 50's on Sunday. woooo hoooo. Heat wave for us.

Yay!!! 50s are awesome!!!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

It is so gloomy here today, and it's making me tired. I couldn't even be bothered to get dressed to grab some lunch at McDonald's. I had an apple, crackers and cheese because that's all I had besides Ramen Noodles!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I'm taking a project class tomorrow. We're making a winter cottage. I think she should have taught it before we were in the 70s and 80s.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

LOL. Yeah, a Winter cottage would have been better early winter or late Fall to get ready for the Winter season. Can't wait to see some pics of it.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

sorry it's gloomy there Erica! Sounds like you need the grocery store. Although your lunch still sounded good!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Today has just been crazy here at work. I'm so ready for a drink.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I wish tonight was the night I'm going to a wine tasting instead of tomorrow.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Joyce, sounds like you have a fun after work outing for tomorrow!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Tim Holtz is going to be at our big Scrapbook Convention in June. I wasn't planning on going since I have no where to put more stuff, and since it wasn't a great show last year. This is the 2nd or 3rd time that he's been here, but I've never gone when he's there. Last year Jenni Bowlin and Wendy Vecchi were there.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Have a great weekend!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
My class on Saturday was a lot of fun. I'll have to get some pics posted soon.

I cleaned and cleared our my craft room yesterday, and that was it.
My house is cold because I had to turn the heat off because it was blowing my plastic drop cloth "walls" and it's only in the 30s outside.
Hopefully the contractor shows up soon and gets started. I hate depending on other people to get things done.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Good Morning! My weekend was good. The wine tasting was fun. Never been to one before and we plan on going next year. I bought 10 bottles but 2 bottles are for a co-worker. She told me to buy her something sweet so I did. I only drink sweet anyhow.

Can't wait to see your pictures Erica. I can't believe how cold it was in TX. We were in the 50's and I was loving it. Now after today it will go back down.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

My house is getting covered in tile dust, even though I blocked off the rooms. What a mess!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Glad you had a great time Joyce! I only like sweeter wines too. Sparkling is my favorite. We got up to about 60 today, but were cold for a while.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning!
I spent all evening vacuuming and dusting the house. Then we had to go to Lowe's to get supplies. And David was surprised that I wasn't cooking dinner.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Good morning!

Erica, how long is the work projected to take? Sounds quite messy!

txerica
Governor
txerica

he's here now and will be back on Friday. He'll probably be back next week to paint.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

It's gotta be a bit weird to work with an extra person in the house that isn't normally there.

txerica
Governor
txerica

It's just so noisy! I don't know why my cats are so eager to get out of the bedroom I locked them in.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Good Morning!

Erica - I am done watching Downton Abbey. I watched 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting the ending of Season 3 to end that way!!!

We tried a peach sparkling wine on Saturday that wasn't too bad.

txerica
Governor
txerica

mmmm - I love peach sparkling wine

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Joyce, now we have the long wait til season 4!

Erica, are your cats curious or would they just stay close to you with the work going on in the house?

txerica
Governor
txerica

The cats are WAY too curious. And the front door is wide open, so I know Macy would bolt in a heartbeat.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Joyce, I'm glad you enjoyed Downton so much. I don't think I've met anyone who has seen it that doesn't like it.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

My house is a dusty mess, again. What a pain in the neck.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

I was talking about it at work to everyone and they all said they heard it was good and I said it really is. I said it is like a 1920's soap opera.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Hello

Our weekend was busy, our 6th wedding anniversary was on Sat so we went out for dinner, and since the restaurant is a couple of minutes from home we took Eliza with us, unfortunately she got woken up from her nap with all the noise and to avoid having a crying baby we had to hold her all the time, oh well. On Sunday we went to visit my cousin and since my niece has a son a month older then Eliza they had a play date that was more like a nap date

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Joyce, my car and Raul's truck are red, so knock on wood but I agree with Erica. I have heard that black cars are easier to hit, especially at night.

I was not expecting that ending of Downton either, and it made me mad until Julz told us the actor wanted out of the series

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:

I know the feeling, but the end results were worth the pain of unstoppable cleaning

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

oh wow, it just suddenly started to snow huge flakes

txerica
Governor
txerica

Enjoy the snow Di, especially since you don't have to drive home in it!

I did not like the end of Downton at all. I was so mad that we had to have someone die on both episodes of a birth. I don't know why that guy wants out of the series - he isn't going to get more famous OFF of Downton.

txerica
Governor
txerica

• dianapena8 Said:
  • txerica Said:

I know the feeling, but the end results were worth the pain of unstoppable cleaning

Yes, except someone else will be enjoying the end results. If it helps to sell the house easier, I'm all for it. But, we are eliminating any trace of my craft room, so I better find a new house so I can get my room back!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning! I won't have any construction going on until Monday! My house is still a wreck, but at least it's quiet and Furgie can snuggle with me all day

I woke up with a sore neck and I'm very dehydrated - probably from all the dust. Hopefully I'm not getting sick again.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Enjoy the snow Di, especially since you don't have to drive home in it!

I did not like the end of Downton at all. I was so mad that we had to have someone die on both episodes of a birth. I don't know why that guy wants out of the series - he isn't going to get more famous OFF of Downton.

I think you're right Erica. I think his career could be worse off for leaving. Mary is supposed to get a really hunky romantic interest next season though.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Happy Belated anniversary Di! Glad Eliza enjoyed her nap date!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Erica, how's the search for a new place coming?

txerica
Governor
txerica

It's not coming along. We've been casually looking online at what's available and so far nothing that is worth looking at. Once I have my house ready to sell, we will be out constantly looking for something. I'm worried that I'll need to give up my acreage for a nicer house that's convenient for David's work.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Happy Belated anniversary Di! Glad Eliza enjoyed her nap date!

Hello and thank you

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
It's not coming along. We've been casually looking online at what's available and so far nothing that is worth looking at. Once I have my house ready to sell, we will be out constantly looking for something. I'm worried that I'll need to give up my acreage for a nicer house that's convenient for David's work.

Good luck, I know how hard it can be, if you only kind of like a house online go and see it, I saw houses that looked great online and terrible in person and viceversa. I didn't want to see our house because the pics online were not that good, but we were looking at a house in the area and Raul insisted on seeing this one, once we got inside it was the complete opposite of the pics, I saw a house with a lot of potential, a fixer upper of course but with our budget that was what we could buy, and I am very glad we did
Anyway, looking for a house is exausting, but your house is out there and I'm sure you'll find it soon.

txerica
Governor
txerica

thanks Di. We did an exhaustive search when we bought this one.
This time, I am not looking for a fixer upper, so the photos online have to be pretty good or I can't be bothered. After living in this one for more than 10 years and redoing everything in it, you get an eye for what is doable, what is cheaply done, and what you can't deal with.
The market of houses that I'm looking for is small, so we just have to wait and hope one comes up for sale. I think we may be more likely to not move.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Another Carnival ship is having electrical and toilet issues. I never wanted to go on a Carnival ship before because of all the drunk 20 year olds, but I will never cruise with them now.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Good Morning!! Busy day at work. The girls that work in MotorClothes are a training in Pittsburgh today and tomorrow. The service guys wants to leave now for a few hours. UGH!!! So I have to do my job, MotorClothes and Service. The owner said I wouldn't have to stay til 8 tonight to do the deposit so I'm hoping that still is correct. I have to go home and pack up for my crop weekend. I wanted to leave early tomorrow to go to the crop but now I can't since they are at training tomorrow too. So I'll be about 2 hours late for the crop but at least I'm off Saturday.

My car is ready and I have to go return the rental and get my car before 5 so they have to let me leave sometime today for about an hour. I had planned on not leaving for lunch today but now I have to leave.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Yike Joyce! You sound way too busy!! Sorry you'll be late for your crop!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Thanks! I got my car back!!! YAY!! So nice to have it back...I'll miss the bluetooth feature so I can talk with holding a phone.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Happy Friday!!

Any weekend plans?

Joyce, I'm glad you got your car back. Maybe you'll trade it in for a new one with bluetooth - the next time someone hits it.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

We will be working in the yard a lot this weekend to get it prepped for planting next weekend.

I need to get a lot more packing done inside or this house will never be for sale!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Happy Friday!!

Any weekend plans?

Joyce, I'm glad you got your car back. Maybe you'll trade it in for a new one with bluetooth - the next time someone hits it.

Morning! That is a good idea Erica!

I'm going to a crop tonight and all day tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I did at the crop and then while at the crop we had our monthly "Close to my heart" club and this month was my month and I got $60 in free products and an item at half price. I got their cricut cartridge that is $100. Whoop!!! Kayla was so excited for me.

Yesterday we went to WV just to get away. We went to a brewery for lunch and then on the way home we stopped at 2 wineries. I think I have enough wine for a month now. hahaha

Woke up this morning to a snow storm. The road are horrible. A school bus couldn't make it up the hill....slide down the hill and hit a telephone pole. After that we saw the PennDOT trucks out and the Township trucks. I guess it took a school bus wreck for them to come out and clean the roads! Some of my township friends on facebook are really complaining about the school district. We get a little snow and they delay. After lunch it is going to start freezing rain and then they will be coming home.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning! Hope you had a great weekend.

Joyce - that is CRAZY about the school bus. They shouldn't have let the buses out until the roads were clear. That was always the rule when I was in school. It's not safe.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I've had a quiet morning so far. The contractor was supposed to be here between 9:30 and 10. No one has shown up yet. I have my tarps up to hopefully keep the dust down.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

We had beautiful weather on Saturday and did a lot in the yard. We finished yesterday so I am hoping to plant the gardens this weekend.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics