Page 1 of 882 
Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Hi All,

I am new to the site and love it already. I am making a lot of new friends from all over the world which made me think of this idea for a Circle Journal.

Here's the idea! Let's create a journal that is passed around to all that sign up. The theme will be using Postcards from wherever we live with some insight into what you like best about where you live, something unique about your area, maybe even why you chose to live where you do. I think we can all learn a lot about each other this way.

Because I am new and don't know much about doing this, please feel free to make suggestions.

Shoot me a PM with any questions or respond to this thread to sign up.

Hope to hear from you!

Kristin

Edited by knl334 on 02-26-09 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

Thanks for all the PM's with great questions and ideas! We now have a pretty solid idea of how we will do this, so here is the plan:

Each member must supply their own journal, it can be anything from an altered chipboard journal with pages, a mini paper book or a simple composition book (around $1.00 at Target or Wal-Mart) *To keep costs down when shipping, the journal should be no larger than 8 1/2 x 11.

Once we have all of our members set and everyone has their books ready to go out, I will build a schedule of who each of you send your book to and in what order. Depending on how many members we have, that will determine how many times the journal is sent around and how may pages you will need in your book. Each journal will be sent to all members. Because life happens I think we should be open to extending time if needed to make sure each group member gets their page touched and decorated by every group member, rather than having someone drop out because of lack of time. In this case each member can PM me when needing more time and I will keep track of where they are.

The Theme will simply be Postcards. The idea is to purchase postcards from where you live and use those to decorate someone’s pages and tell each member something about where you live, what is unique about your hometown or what you love to do there. You may use anything to decorate your pages such as: pictures, doodles, embellishments, stickers, inks, chalks, stamps, journaling, you name it!

You will have one month to complete two pages and be expected to ship the journal onto the next member in a timely manner. We should all stop by and check in at least once every two weeks.

Anyone planning on joining the group can start to decorate, embellish or alter the front cover of their book so it's ready to go. To keep things straight, everyone should include their name and address and Scrapbook.com screen-name on the inside or backside cover.
The group can determine on when to upload pictures to show everyone’s work, weather in the end or each time a journal is completed and passed on.
I will close this group to new members in two weeks and we will start the circle in one month.

Please PM me with any further questions. If you have no further questions, please respond to this thread to sign up officially. I will then PM you with additional details and contact information.
So a few updates
1. Each member should design/decorate their own two pages before sending out thier book to the first person.
2. Let's add a signature page to the back of our books, so we can all keep in touch with each other after the journal circles.

A Means I have received your Q&A with Address and Contact information. If you have not sent that to me, please do so as soon as possible.
Our Members so far:
1.PinkySue (Kellie)- Arizona
2.GrammieAmmie (Amber)- Washington State
3.Imbayliesmom (Meg)- Elkins,Arkansas
4.Pliead1 (Melissa)- Rochester, MN
5.mom2lfh (Connie) - Waco,Texas
6.txerica (Erica)- Texas
7.knl334 (Kristin)- Orange County, CA
8.sopa1954 (Toni)- Norfolk, NY
9.Lamoo12 (Melanie) -North Chili, NY
10.dianapena8 (Diana)- Chicago, IL
11.Scrappygayle (Gayle) - Wales,UK
12.nicolemichelle (Nicole)- NYC
13.kirkkevinsmom (Joyce)-Jerome, PA
14.Robun (Rob or Robun)- Australia
15.Scraptastic Mom (Julie)-Minnesota
16.Scrappin-Debbi (Debbi) - Michigan
17.Loribee#1 (Lori)- Spokane, WA

Please have your Journals done by FEBRUARY 11TH, so we can all start to ship them and have them start arriving between FEBRUARY 14TH-19TH.
*LOOK FOR A PM FROM ME WITH A SHORT Q&A THAT MUST BE FILLED OUT BEFORE WE START. THANKS!

* I will keep adding updates to this page so we can always find the information we need.

Talk to you all soon,

Kristin

Edited by knl334 on 04-12-09 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

Sounds like so much! I'm definatly in! Thanks for including me.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

Yeah! you're the first one! Thanks for signing up, I'll keep you posted.

Edited by knl334 on 01-24-09 09:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GrammieAmmie
Guru
GrammieAmmie
In response to knl334

I want to be a part of this too! It sounds like a lot of fun!
Thank you,
Amber

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to GrammieAmmie

Kristin-count me in! This sounds like a lot of fun!!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to imbayliesmom

OMG! SOUNDS SO FUN!!!
Can't wait to do this! Thanks Kristin!

I'll figure out what book I'll use, and get ready for the fun!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

OK, I'm in. I'll have to start thinking of some nice things to say about Waco, Texas. LOL

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to mom2lfh

I am definitely in! What a fantastic idea and thanks for inviting me!

As a suggestion, I like to make mini albums using binder rings to secure them. If you can use binder rings to secure your album, each person can just add their pages as we go, and they're won't be a limit as to how thick your book gets.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to txerica

Yeah!

I'll add you all and keep you posted. I'll be working on my book as well:)

*One detail I thought of after and I will add it to the top, is we should all add our own areas two pages so each person that gets our book learns something about us as well, what do you think?

Talk to you soon!

Kristin

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to txerica

Using rings sounds like a wonderful idea! I may use that too:)

Edited by knl334 on 01-25-09 08:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

BTW- I have been to Waco and saw a cow fall on some ice into a water way...any chance they have a postcard of that:)

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

I love the binder ring idea...and starting with our own pages. I can't wait to get started!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

How does everyone feel about posting our real names next to our screen names? I can add them to the front page if all are okay with it.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

I am totally fine with you posting my name. This sounds like fun...there is a lot to say about Fayetteville, Arkansas. Hmmmm.....get ready for some RAZORBACK stuff!

Talk to you all soon!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to knl334

Count me in. This sounds like fun.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Martica

Yeah! Welcome!!!

I'll add you to the list, thanks for joining the group:)

Okay Meg, get ready for some trash talk from a USC Fan:)

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

Go Cards! All the way to a Super Bowl victory! I'm not really a football fan, but I've caught the fever... I am, after all, an Arizona girl. lol

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

I so want the Cards to win! They deserve it!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

I am also a HUGE Eagles fan, so I was real disappointed that the Cardinal's beat them, but I am totally rooting for the Cards. They deserve it, I agree.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Good Morning all,

Unfortunately Martica is going to skip the Circle Journal this time around, we will miss you:(

Have a great week everyone!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

hi. i'm Melanie. Can i join? i admit, this will be my first real circle journal...but i am really excited!

and if you do let me in, can i use a regular 8x8 scrapbook i already have, or will that be too heavy? i'm willing to get something else.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Lamoo12

Hi,

You are welcome to join and don't worry we have some other first timers I will add you to the list.

Re; the 8x8 book, it may end up being a little heavier than other books to ship, do you mind getting a lighter one? It may be easier on the shipping for the group. I actually have a few extra Composition Books in my arsenal, you are more than welcome to one of them. Just shoot me a PM with your address if you would like me to send it to you. Check out my gallery to see pictures of an altered one.

Again, welcome!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to knl334

Kristin, what do you mean by "composition book" ???? If you have an extra, I could purchase it.

And also, I'm totally fine with you using my real name.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

Okay, I'll add your name to the okay list.

A composition book is one of those books used in school. I have attached a picture of a quick one I altered for a friend who just signed up for a gym and I thought she could use a journal for staying fit.

Altered Composition Book- Cover
By Knl334

Composition Book (Black) blank
By Knl334

Don’t worry about buying it, I had some leftovers from a project I did with my God-children.

In fact I have three more I am willing to give away if anyone needs one, just PM me with your address.

sopa1954
Mayor
sopa1954
In response to knl334

I am sooooo green at this, but with enough direction, I'll just bet that I can get it. The postcard swap sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to get involved. Just talk me through it, walk me through it, let me be a part of it. I live in a pretty uninteresting part of the country, but I figure that you need someone from the east coast (Go, Steelers) to participate. Let me know what to do next and feel free to use any part of my name, Toni Shaw, that you need! Thanks for the invite.

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to sopa1954

So Kristen, do we just glue the card stock to the lined pages? I'm really excited for this to start!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to knl334

• knl334 Said:
BTW- I have been to Waco and saw a cow fall on some ice into a water way...any chance they have a postcard of that:)

LOL That would be an awesome LO!
But if Waco's a bust I can always find Austin postcards. And Austin is, of course, the home of the Fiesta-Bowl-winning TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!

And sure you can use my name...Connie Gartman.

Edited by mom2lfh on 01-26-09 09:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to mom2lfh

I actually THINK I have some of these!! I'll look and let you know tomorrow! And is that right? You glue the cardstock pages to the lined paper???
Sounds good to me! I can't wait to do this! how many do we have so far?

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

mom2lfh , that makes me laugh so hard, makes me want to live there so I can do it:)

Sorry PinkySue (Kellie), I was trying to finish V-Day cards, I don't want to rush them too much. Yes, I would measure the size of the page (regardless of what kind of journal I was working on) and design your pages , then double stick or glue them in, that way if you mess up, you can start over. I am not sure what kind I am going to use yet, but attaching card stock to the lined paper definitely toughens them up.

Pliead1-I am excited too, we have nine, I was going to send a few PM's to remind folks who showed interest, letting them know we are going to close soon. I think we are getting to our limit, what do you all think? Just let me know if you need the book.

I have two more composition books if anyone needs a composition book, it's yours just PM me your address.

GrammieAmmie
Guru
GrammieAmmie
In response to knl334

I didn't catch what the rings thing is all about! Please? Will you share the idea with me? I am really excited for this to start! Have there been any new ideas for what to use for our journals? Just curious! Thanks Kristin!
Amber

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle

This sounds like such a great idea - I live in the UK so wouldn't be joining in but would love to see some pages, will you guys be posting any of them?

Gayle x

txerica
Governor
txerica

The binder rings are just like the rings that open and close in a 3-ring binder, except they are loose and not in a binder. You can find them at Staples or office supply stores. They come in sizes from 1" on up.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Hi Amber, good to see you at the thread...

I think you got your question answered but also wanted to offer a free Composition book if you need one. I have some extras. Take a peak at a few posts up and you will see two pics, one of a blank book and one I altered for a friend. They are already bound and just waiting for you to decorate the outside cover and your two pages inside:)

The rings are such a great idea too and probably the direction I am headed. You can order books here on scrapbook.com or make your own. Look for chipboard book covers or even cereal boxes work. Just cut the size you need, add some holes, choose the paper you want inside and put them together with the rings. You can tie them together with Ribbon too but make sure they are lose so folks can open them completely to work on them.

Hope that helps:)

I will be sending you all a PM today with more details, anyone have a preference on what number we should stop at? We are at nine members now.

Sorry for the novel, have a great day!

Kristin

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
The binder rings are just like the rings that open and close in a 3-ring binder, except they are loose and not in a binder. You can find them at Staples or office supply stores. They come in sizes from 1" on up.

so, then you can have "loose" pages with rings. that seems cool. i might do that for some of my other projects. neat.

i'm getting excited.

and I am also from NYS! yey east coasters! lol

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to scrappygayle

Hi Gayle,

Thanks for stopping by. I hate to exclude you because of where you live,especially because you live in such a great place to talk about!

Can we include you somehow? Are you willing to ship to the US a few times. I am open to suggestions or will offer to be the link that passes to you. As I work out the schedule, we will work from East to West and always ship to the same person, so each person ships the shortest distance.
The real challenge is getting your pages passed on to us. If we pre-determined what size everyones book is, you could design those page sizes and ship them to me and I could ship them to each member and the reverse would work for you. Let us know what size book you have and we could all design a page the size of your book, they can all send to me and I can ship to you. That would mean we all glue or tape our own pages in but I think it's worth it!

Let me know if that works for everyone? This would only be the case for this journal, the others will be passed on.

Kristin

Edited by knl334 on 01-27-09 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

Oh! I want to include Gayle as well. Let's find a way. Kristin-your idea seems best!

I am going to do an 8 x 8 chipboard album with 2 rings.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to knl334

SCORE! I actually have 4 of them!! (because I have WAY to much of EVERYTHING!!) So, I'm good here! Does anyone else need one?? If so, send me your addy and I'll mail it off to you!
Okay, so I'm off to design my cover, and do my first two pages! Whooooo hoooooo!
(I think if we had like 10-15 people, it would be great!!)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Lamoo12

Lamoo12 -I sent your book out yesterday, you should be getting it soon:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

• Pliead1 Said:
SCORE! I actually have 4 of them!! (because I have WAY to much of EVERYTHING!!) So, I'm good here! Does anyone else need one?? If so, send me your addy and I'll mail it off to you!
Okay, so I'm off to design my cover, and do my first two pages! Whooooo hoooooo!
(I think if we had like 10-15 people, it would be great!!)

Oh Yeah! Have fun!

I agree 10-15 sounds good.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to knl334

Hello!!!

Am I still on time to join? this will be my first circle journal also, and it sounds very fun, I live in Chicago, love the city and would like to share it with all of you, and I can't wait to get to know more interesting places thru you
Feel free to use my name Diana

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to dianapena8

You sure are! Welcome, I'll add you to the group:)

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle

That's so sweet,I would love to join in if that's ok with everyone. Was just worried about someone having to post all the way over here. Am happy to post from here - although was wondering how long we have to do a page before sending it on? Can take about 2 weeks to get from here to there. This would be my first circle so bear with me! am open to ideas as to best way to join in,let me know what you think. Gayle x

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• scrappygayle Said:
That's so sweet,I would love to join in if that's ok with everyone. Was just worried about someone having to post all the way over here. Am happy to post from here - although was wondering how long we have to do a page before sending it on? Can take about 2 weeks to get from here to there. This would be my first circle so bear with me! am open to ideas as to best way to join in,let me know what you think. Gayle x

We were planning on 1 month to finish two pages then passing it on, but I would love to make an exception. Let's say your turn around will be every six weeks, you can send me what you have done and in turn as others are done with yours I will send those to you.

What size & type is your journal going to be?

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to knl334

Thanks K!

I can't wait to start, and having members from overseas sounds great

=Diana

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

• Pliead1]SCORE! I actually have 4 of them!! (because I have WAY to much of EVERYTHING!!) So, I'm good here! Does anyone else need one?? If so, send me your addy and I'll mail it off to you!
    quote Said:

Melissa I'll take one of those off your hands if you still have an extra.....I can paypal you the $$ for it. Just lemme know how much.
I will PM you my addy.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to mom2lfh

• mom2lfh Said:
  • Pliead1]SCORE! I actually have 4 of them!! (because I have WAY to much of EVERYTHING!!) So, I'm good here! Does anyone else need one?? If so, send me your addy and I'll mail it off to you!
    quote Said:

Melissa I'll take one of those off your hands if you still have an extra.....I can paypal you the $$ for it. Just lemme know how much.
I will PM you my addy.

Connie- I love your signature:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• dianapena8 Said:
Thanks K!

I can't wait to start, and having members from overseas sounds great

=Diana

I can't wait to see your postcards, I love Chicago!

I agree! I hope it works out. I asked another person I know from Australia, we'll see...

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle
In response to knl334

Great,thanks for the warm welcome! Well I've got rings I could use to make an 8x8, or I could get an A4 hardback notebook easily enough - are we all using the same? Or will you let me know the page sizes? Really don't mind posting on a whole journal to the next person,as long as someone wouldn't mind mailing it to me! What do you think? X

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

hi! i'm excited about all the places everyone is from. this will be so neat.

i'm also glad i'm not the only one new to circle journals.

hi everyone!

nicolemichelle
Diva
nicolemichelle

AM I TOO LATE TO JOIN!!!!! ahhh let me know!!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to nicolemichelle

Gayle- I don't think passing yours will be a problem, and an 8x8 is fine. We are not using all the same but as long as it's no larger than 8 1/2 x 11 your golden:)
I do think sending everyones to the UK might be a little too much for folks for two reasons: 1. cost and 2. I don't know about yours, but our Post offices here are not the most reliable. I would be worried of them getting lost in transit. Can we have you do pages for ours and have you send them to me and I will forward them out to folks? Sorry, does that work?

Lamoo12- I'm with you, I so want to see what others are gonna put in mine! I have become addicted to postcards now too. I just bought a few stacks last night. In fact...I meant to ask, You all are okay with girls in bikinis on the beach right...cause that's 90% of what they sell here in Southern California...totally kidding:)

nicolemichelle- Your IN, Welcome! we look forward to getting to know you.Let's us know if you have any questions.

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1

Okay, I have two extra compasistion books if anyone else is in need. It only cost me $3 to send it to Connie, so let me know if you want one of them!

I just got done decorating the front of mine, and am now working on the Minnesota pages! One thing that I wanted to let you guys know was that I googled MN Stamps and Postcards, and found some awesome stuff! So, even if you can't get an actual post card, you could do it that way (but the real ones would be better, I would think!). And you can find great embillies that way, too! I just did that for mine, and it's super cute!!
If someone can tell me how to post a picture here, I'll show you guys (unless it's supposed to be a surprise!?)

Edited by Pliead1 on 01-27-09 04:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

robun
robun 
Veteran
robun
  • robun on 01-27-09 04:35 PM

I'd love to join as long as everyone is happy I'm in Oz, the postage will be a bit more expensive, but I'm happy if everyone else is ????? PS I wont' be offended if you say "no"

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Pliead1

Yeah! I say post! It will inspire us:)

Just go to the picture and right under it, choose link/embed, then choose IMG code, copy it and paste into your message here and your good:) I can't wait!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to robun

• robun Said:
I'd love to join as long as everyone is happy I'm in Oz, the postage will be a bit more expensive, but I'm happy if everyone else is ????? PS I wont' be offended if you say "no"

Robun, you made it! Yeah! I think we can make it work. See the above conversations with scrappygayle and I think the same type of thing will work for you. So happy you made it:) Let us know what you think.

Kristin

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to knl334

Hi there - If you still have an opening I'm in!!! I'm in Jerome, PA! We don't have any postcards but our hometown does Johnstown, PA! So if there is room let me know!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to kirkkevinsmom

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
Hi there - If you still have an opening I'm in!!! I'm in Jerome, PA! We don't have any postcards but our hometown does Johnstown, PA! So if there is room let me know!

Yep, we have room but we are filling up fast! glad you made it! I sent you a PM as well, hope you got it:) Anyhow, welcome! I'll add you. Can I list your real first name on the thread?

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to knl334

I did your PM. My real name is Joyce!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
I did your PM. My real name is Joyce!

Cool! I'll add your name:) I need to get me some of those bouncing things...people...whatever?!Does anyone know where to find them for a Mac?

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to knl334

Oh I don't know. I just get mine right here from scrapbook forums on the forum page. I guess you don't have them. I love using them.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
Oh I don't know. I just get mine right here from scrapbook forums on the forum page. I guess you don't have them. I love using them.

I work on a PC at work but I don't see those darn bananas?!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

• knl334 Said:
  • kirkkevinsmom Said:

I work on a PC at work but I don't see those darn bananas?!

I am a dork! I just found them:)

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to knl334

quote]I am a dork! I just found them:)

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! I'm glad you found them!!!!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Look out now...cause it does work on my Mac:)

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle
In response to knl334

That sounds like a great idea - postal system here not always the best either! Let me know what to do about page sizes - should myself and Robun mail our books to you to go round the circle or is that complicating things?? Anyway, I'm just very excited about getting going on this,can't wait! Am very happy to have been included xx

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle

And I forgot to say,think I'll probably go with an 8x8

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

hi everyone. i noticed that post about johnstown pa...and i am going to do something similar. technically i am in North Chili, but that is a suburb of rochester, ny.

and we have people joining from all over. cool!

quick question, what type of glue should i use to adhere the paper to the cover of the composition book?

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle
In response to Lamoo12

I was going to expand on things a bit too - I live in a tiny town called Ystradgynlais; no postcards here! Lots of cards of Wales though, and also the Swansea area and the Brecon Beacons - I live pretty much in the middle of the two.

Not sure about the glue - was going to stick (pardon the pun) with what I've got and give it a good shake to make sure!! May have to rethink if the good shake is a bit too good

Gayle xx

p.s. ok to use name on first page!!

Edited by scrappygayle on 01-28-09 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Do we want to set a date as to when we need to have our books ready to go to the first person? I know I always work best with a deadline, as I haven't had time to even think about my book yet. Hopefully this weekend I can get it going. I'm excited about this and can't wait to see everyone's creations!! Should be fun!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Can I join??? This sounds fantastic!! If you accept me, can I use a Paper bag album or maybe 2 of them put together might work?

Julie Amboy, MN

Edited by Scraptastic Mom on 01-28-09 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
hi everyone. i noticed that post about johnstown pa...and i am going to do something similar. technically i am in North Chili, but that is a suburb of rochester, ny.

and we have people joining from all over. cool!

quick question, what type of glue should i use to adhere the paper to the cover of the composition book?

That's a great idea then we learn about several places:)

I always use double stick tape, practically for everything unless something is really thin. I did just buy the below mention tape (see picture) and love it too! It is kinda pricy but works great! It says the one I noted is the permanent one not the re-positionable but I know I have the red and blue one and I can easily peel off what ends up in the wrong place(and I have come to learn I do that a lot:)
Products Referenced in This Post:

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to Pliead1

• Pliead1 Said:
Okay, I have two extra compasistion books if anyone else is in need. It only cost me $3 to send it to Connie, so let me know if you want one of them!

I just got done decorating the front of mine, and am now working on the Minnesota pages! One thing that I wanted to let you guys know was that I googled MN Stamps and Postcards, and found some awesome stuff! So, even if you can't get an actual post card, you could do it that way (but the real ones would be better, I would think!). And you can find great embillies that way, too! I just did that for mine, and it's super cute!!
If someone can tell me how to post a picture here, I'll show you guys (unless it's supposed to be a surprise!?)

Hi Melissa,

Please post the cover of your book, I would love to get some inspiration, I'm going to start mine this weekend.
=Diana

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

I got my composition book at walmart this morning for .97. That was cheap i thought. It is cute. It is pink and brown stripes. My two favorite colors. I should have got a black one and decorated it in black and gold for the steelers!!!! I'm going to the Pittsburgh Pens game tonight. The weather isn't that great here so hopefully I have a good drive down to the burg!!!!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Do we want to set a date as to when we need to have our books ready to go to the first person? I know I always work best with a deadline, as I haven't had time to even think about my book yet. Hopefully this weekend I can get it going. I'm excited about this and can't wait to see everyone's creations!! Should be fun!

Yes, let's say two weeks from today since we still have people joining (Feb.11th will be the day the journals need to be done and shipped to the first person between Feb. 14-16) . I will add it to the top and will be sending everyone a short Q&A to fill out via PM. (but I think I need to close the group today) we are at 17 or so, I am still waiting to hear from a few.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Scraptastic Mom

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Can I join??? This sounds fantastic!! If you accept me, can I use a Paper bag album or maybe 2 of them put together might work?

Julie Amboy, MN

Hi Julie,

Sure, you just made it! Welcome to the group!

Yes, you can use a Paper Album, but it will need 36 pages unless you want folks to just design one page in your book. We can discuss that via Private Message when I send you the Q&A to fill out. Again, welcome!
Kristin

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• scrappygayle Said:
I was going to expand on things a bit too - I live in a tiny town called Ystradgynlais; no postcards here! Lots of cards of Wales though, and also the Swansea area and the Brecon Beacons - I live pretty much in the middle of the two.

Not sure about the glue - was going to stick (pardon the pun) with what I've got and give it a good shake to make sure!! May have to rethink if the good shake is a bit too good

Gayle xx

p.s. ok to use name on first page!!

Got it, I will add your name. WOW! how do you pronounce Ystradgynlais?!?! You are cracking me up with the glue thing:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• dianapena8 Said:
  • Pliead1 Said:

Hi Melissa,

Please post the cover of your book, I would love to get some inspiration, I'm going to start mine this weekend.
=Diana

YES, please post

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• scrappygayle Said:
That sounds like a great idea - postal system here not always the best either! Let me know what to do about page sizes - should myself and Robun mail our books to you to go round the circle or is that complicating things?? Anyway, I'm just very excited about getting going on this,can't wait! Am very happy to have been included xx

This sounds perfect and yes you two will send them to me and I will start the circle with them. I will make sure you have the sizes of all others once I get responses from all the Q&A's via PM and you two will work on a schedule like everyone else. (maybe two pages every three to four weeks? That will be one of the questions on the Q&A:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
I got my composition book at walmart this morning for .97. That was cheap i thought. It is cute. It is pink and brown stripes. My two favorite colors. I should have got a black one and decorated it in black and gold for the steelers!!!! I'm going to the Pittsburgh Pens game tonight. The weather isn't that great here so hopefully I have a good drive down to the burg!!!!

Yeah! I love those books,it is actually something I can have my husband pick up for me and he isn't A. Too embarrassed to buy it or B. Can actually find them

Aren't you in like five hundred feet of snow, I am a wimpy So-cal girl, I would probably hibernate for the whole winter if it snowed here:) Who are the Pens? Sorry I am too lazy to Google them right now...

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to knl334

• knl334 Said:

WOW! how do you pronounce Ystradgynlais?!?!

LOL I was wondering the same thing. It looks like a word one might type if they had their fingers on the wrong keys.

I am very excited to get this going! Can't wait to see who I get first.....

Erica, where in Texas are you?

Edited by mom2lfh on 01-28-09 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to mom2lfh

The pens is the Pittsburgh Penquins. It is the local hockey team! I'm a big hockey person but my boss had 4 tickets he didn't want to use so me and my son and his 2 friends are going. Yes we have lots of snow! I'd rather have snow than the below 0 cold!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

YES YES YES please post a pic of your cover of your book! I need some ideas!!!!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to knl334

Thanks for adding me! This will be so cool. I will see if I have that many pages (I think I have 3 paper bag albums here at the moment). ScrappyGayle told me about this group! I am glad I checked on it at just the right time! Hope everyone has a great day!

Julie

nicolemichelle
Diva
nicolemichelle

YAYYY!!! im sooo excited being apart of this swap!!! ;o)~

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
The pens is the Pittsburgh Penquins. It is the local hockey team! I'm a big hockey person but my boss had 4 tickets he didn't want to use so me and my son and his 2 friends are going. Yes we have lots of snow! I'd rather have snow than the below 0 cold!

I should of known that, I am a DORK
Have Fun!
Ya, I melt in anything below...umm...60, I know, I know!!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• nicolemichelle Said:
YAYYY!!! im sooo excited being apart of this swap!!! ;o)~

Glad to have you! Can we call you Nicole or Nikki? Do you have a book yet? I have extra composition books if you need one, it's yours:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Thanks for adding me! This will be so cool. I will see if I have that many pages (I think I have 3 paper bag albums here at the moment). ScrappyGayle told me about this group! I am glad I checked on it at just the right time! Hope everyone has a great day!

Julie

Oh, Yeah! well we thank Scrappygayle for telling you about us:) Are you going to put the paper books together? I have a few extra composition books if you want one, it's yours just let me know and shoot me your address.

I wish someone would post a picture of a finished book so we could all get inspired...Melissa...hint, hint, wink, wink...

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to mom2lfh

• mom2lfh Said:

Erica, where in Texas are you?

I'm outside Ft Worth in N Richland Hills. We had ice over night so I stayed home today. Couldn't even get out of the driveway. Good day to catch up on my scrapbooks...

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to txerica

Hi All...I've been MIA for a few days. But back in full swing,I think. Kristen...Thanks for inviting me and for being patient while I work out the issues with my Dad.
I'm going to get started on my book this weekend. I'll work on it while I'm watching the AZ Cards putting the smack down in the Super Bowl. Actually, I am a dork. I don't even know who they are playing. lol!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

• PinkySue Said:
Hi All...I've been MIA for a few days. But back in full swing,I think. Kristen...Thanks for inviting me and for being patient while I work out the issues with my Dad.
I'm going to get started on my book this weekend. I'll work on it while I'm watching the AZ Cards putting the smack down in the Super Bowl. Actually, I am a dork. I don't even know who they are playing. lol!

Hi Kellie- glad to see you around and to hear your dad is feeling better and safe in your hands:)

You are a dork! It's the SuperBowl! J/K I am sensing a smack down with you and Kirkkevinsmom (Joyce) though and yes that's a hint:)

Good luck on your book, I need to start mine too

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to knl334

Did someone say a smackdown on my steelers????? LOL I'm ready!!!! I love the steelers and I bleed black and gold!!!!!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

i'm a HUGE football fan too. i bleed red, white and blue...for the Buffalo Bills. i know, i know...but they are my team.

had fun helping dh pull the neighbor out of the snow. course then our vehicle got stuck for a minute too. but i liked going outside for a while.

any idea where to buy the "good" postcards?

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

That's "Dork" with a big capital "D". We're just lucky I didn't say Supper Bowl.
Actually, I NEVER watch sports. But this year I'm making an exception.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

• PinkySue Said:
That's "Dork" with a big capital "D". We're just lucky I didn't say Supper Bowl.
Actually, I NEVER watch sports. But this year I'm making an exception.

LOL

I sure the Cards appreciate your support:) Just don't scream Homerun! I am always mixing up the scoring in reference to each sport. I mean really, can't they all just be "Points"
I don't watch a lot either just college football with my hubby. It's a good excuse to do nothing for a few hours on Saturdays

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
i'm a HUGE football fan too. i bleed red, white and blue...for the Buffalo Bills. i know, i know...but they are my team.

had fun helping dh pull the neighbor out of the snow. course then our vehicle got stuck for a minute too. but i liked going outside for a while.

any idea where to buy the "good" postcards?

Didn't Doug Flutie play for them, he is so cute!

Stuck in snow? How do you guys deal? It's going to be 80 this weekend in So-Cal. I am such a wimp!

Postcards...HMM...how about Ebay? I get mine at Rite Aid:)

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

• kirkkevinsmom Said:
Did someone say a smackdown on my steelers????? LOL I'm ready!!!! I love the steelers and I bleed black and gold!!!!!

Sorry, no smackdowns:) I can pretend for you if you need to get it out of your system:)

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to knl334

Kristin:

Thanks for the offer of a comp. book. I have to get up to my room tonight and check if I would have enough pages with my bag books. I like small, fat books for fun little albums like this, so I am hoping they will work. If not, I'll let ya know! Hope everyone is having a great day!!! Is it Friday yet???

Julie

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Julie- no problem, just let me know. I hear ya on the Friday thing:)

ALL- Check your PM's, I just sent out a Q&A to the group!

Have a great day!

Kristin

scrappygayle
Diva
scrappygayle
In response to knl334

Hi everyone! Wanted to ask if it would be ok for everyone to post their album covers? Love that it’s been possible to join in from outside the US but as we won’t get to see the journals on the way round could the album covers be posted?

Joyce – hope you had a great time at the game!

For anyone who wants to give it a bash – Ystradgynlais is pronounced UST-RAD-GUN-LICE or Ystrad for short I’m not actually Welsh so took me a while to get it right! If you think that one’s good try googling the longest place name in Wales wouldn’t get your chops round that one in a hurry! Can’t remember it off the top of my head, if you can’t find it and want me to post it then let me know!

Raring to go now, made a start on putting my album together last night but need to go shopping for a few things! Kirsten, had your Q&A PM, will sit down and read it through properly when I get a chance.

Hope everyone's having a good Thursday - Julie, bring on the Friday!!

Gayle xx

Page 1 of 882 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics