Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: VCW Week 101 We are Family! Come join us!        (Topic#1494991)
DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself HERE.
You can also place Prayer Requests here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved for the group. There are a few people around here to keep an eye on the admin of the list, so the approval shouldn't take too long. The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 02-05-09 11:22 PM
In response to DawnInAZ

OK new thread is done, links updated and new blog created!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to VCW

Happy Weekend!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to NMlady

morning

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

Morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappycath

my printer is working correctly again. maybe I can get the rest of january printed today after all.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Christopher told me about a school ski trip at teh end of February. They need to have the forms and $ turned in today.

The trip offers choices of ski/snowboard/tubing lift tickets, plus dinner and a dance. Quite pricey and depending on what you choose to do the price is more.

I always end up paying for ALL the school stuff. This is on a day that he is to be with his father. So I told him to give the forms to his father and find out if he will allow you to go.

He then called some friends to find out if any are going. Found one that is and talked his father into paying for it!

I'm really proud of how he handle himself and the fact that we wanted to go! He wanted to do something social!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Fickle printer! Work it hard while it's working!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Yea, Christopher! Good for you!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Not so much fickle as it had a tantrum over a no name ink cartridge I tried to use. Learned my lesson.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

You've been manipulated by a machine!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

yup. and taken by the ink store.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

ok. dressed. medicated. slightly caffinated. need to do my hair and drink more coffee and I think that i could be ready for the day. maybe.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Morning

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OLD THREAD
  • SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:
OK Elizabeth that eye thing is just creepy!

but it worked and made you post.

More manipulation? It's a theme!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Susan!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Scrapnut16

Morning Susan. How are you feeling this morning?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Sipping on some hot chocolate right now and trying to pump myself up to start working. Lots to do today.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OLD THREAD
  • crapcrop Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:
How was work?

Hi Jennie! Well I think my boss is awesome. I got early, and left at 4:00. He said that it is great to have an assistant that knows what she is doing. He is so easy going. So relax, and everytime I have that "You are talking that tech lingo again" face, he stops and explains.

Awesome!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Yeah Susan!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I might have had some more spotting last night but I can't be positive. But I refuse to worry cause there is nothing I can do about it.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Susan

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:
YEAH!!!! I have now officailly finished 7 CJ pages to trade. I brought them to work to finish the journaling. Who will the first lucky 7 be? HMM...I need addresses!!!

I thought we (you and I) already traded a PM for addresses?

I PM'd you before too Jennie

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Susan Hang on to that positive attitude and you are going to be just fine!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I've got my bed covers in the wash. One of the cats threw up on it last night! Gross!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

And now I've gotta go.

See you later... I hope!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scrappycath Said:
I've got my bed covers in the wash. One of the cats threw up on it last night! Gross!

Ewww...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

should have stayed up when I woke up at 4, I felt better then than I do now. Oh well

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning Elizabeth

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • leebla Said:
we thought we dodged a bullet when the kitchen ceiling didn't cave in from the water last week...

until it dried out and a big crack formed about 6 feet across it where it was bowed from the water.

Are you going to get an estimate for the damage?

hehehehe...uh huh....I estimate I will stand there in my kitchen with a trashbag while my hubby yanks our ceiling down and then spend 3 days cleaning up drywall dust while in installs the new one and probably hold the ladder while he paints it!

Well, wouldn't it be better to use your home owner's insurance, get an estimate and let professionals do it? Isn't it a bit more than just drywall and painting?

Well my husband has done drywall for years. We have completely gutted and redone whole rooms in our house. He has practically done whole houses in the past. We know exactly where and why the leak occurred and that is a matter of a loose flashing and ice damming outside, not anything structural. And we could see through the attic exactly where it came in and where it ran across the drywall. He has done ceilings in the past and he has done ceilings in our house. We don't like to turn things into the insurance if we don't have to. We actually had trouble getting insurance when we first bought the house because his ex-wife had turned a dozen minor things into theirs after he left the house. And we have a very low rate right now with a very good company.

While I would like him to consider a professional for the time factor, and the sake of hopefully matching the texture of the ceiling without having to do the whole thing...having a professional is ALSO a time thing because we both work fulltime with long commutes. I would have to take time off work to have it done.

So I don't know. I will ask him to consider it, but right now he has his hands full with a problem at work. And I do not want to add to the stress.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Insurance is now paid. Checkbook done. Payroll started...but I can't finish it till I hear back from my boss.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I have a already had 2 emails from my coworker and I am dealing with that stuff and I am supposed to be getting ready to get out the door to a patient.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Good morning. It's Friday!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to TripletMother

AMEN!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning Heather

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

UGH!!!!! If I am supposed to do the payroll for the lighting department as well as my department I need to know when new people are hired and when people are fired. I'm not a mindreader!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Susan and Elizabeth!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I am trying to get caught up on old thread still.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I want Ria's recipe for crab stuffed talapia! Sounds delicious!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Good Morning!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

~~~someone took my picture this morning!

Edited by scraphappy2006 on 02-06-09 05:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I can't find the tire tracks but I am most certain that I was run over by a truck last night!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

good morning. Working on a card for my daddy's 50th birthday today.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Jennie

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Morning ladies!

Susan

Liz M. Print away!

Cathy

And a happy Friday to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Morning Liz and Jennie!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Jennie, the day will go super fast, and in no time you will be in your happy place.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Bye, got to start working.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Clara! Good to "see" you!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

What's wrong Jennie? Twin

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Home for a few minutes while I thaw and then it's off to store visits today.

wish i could go back to bed.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Liz! Hey, I meant to ask this yesterday and forgot. How do you sharpen the little cutters for the circles, ovals, etc.? Ya know, the little red, blue and green cutters?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

k-
all heck is breaking loose at work and I am going to be late for my patient
so I have to go!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to leebla

Bye Elizabeth!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

bye Elizabeth

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to foltzy

morning

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• TripletMother Said:
What's wrong Jennie? Twin

Nothing unexpected, I always feel like this...I may try to find some advil later

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• TripletMother Said:
Hi Liz! Hey, I meant to ask this yesterday and forgot. How do you sharpen the little cutters for the circles, ovals, etc.? Ya know, the little red, blue and green cutters?

The only thing I know of is to cut foil with them. You can buy replacement blades too! The new ones are WAY cool!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Marci! We are getting warm weather today! 40's!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

woohoo!

We're havin a heat wave! A tropical heat wave!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

hehe speaking of heat....

ugh.. the new kitten that we rescued from the tree that we have all fallen in love with (except for the other cats) is in heat! And she is driving me nuts! At first we thought that maybe she thought that Chloe (the older of the cats) was mommy... but now shes going after her with her but in the air... and poor chloe... who is already anxiety ridden... shes just not taking it well

we were planning on taking the kitten to get fixed later this month... but im not sure i can deal with another couple weeks!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

The only thing I know of is to cut foil with them. You can buy replacement blades too! The new ones are WAY cool!

I heard that on the personnel cutter but didn't know if it worked on those too!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Ugh...I detest doing payroll.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I don't have to do payroll till Monday!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

We have to have our payroll completed and in to HR by 5pm every other Friday or we don't get paid.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

It's like pulling teeth to find out about vacation time, sick time or someone gets bonus money. At least for the lighting division it is. The waste division, which is my division, tends to go quicker cause we don't have as many guys as lighting.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Heather -I was listening to the CD and reading the booklet. Do you have the WOW Worship?

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

susan -do you have to contact each person or do you have a manager to work with?

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

What payroll program do you use?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scraphappy2006 Said:
susan -do you have to contact each person or do you have a manager to work with?

I have my mostly useless boss who is supposed to inform of me of changes and vacations and stuff. He's not very good at doing that though. I don't need his help with the waste division since we only have 7 people in the waste division to keep track of (including me and the boss) so it's easier. Lighting is a whole lot bigger and I don't have contact with those guys. My guys in waste call and let me know about vacations and stuff.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scraphappy2006 Said:
What payroll program do you use?

The HR manager uses a program to input everything but I don't know what one. Each division has a timesheet summary to fill out that lists everyone, any timeoff and total hours worked. The head of each division (my boss for waste and the lighting VP for lighting) approves the summary after I fill it out and sends it on to the HR manager.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

it sounds like if the individuals dont tell you about changes (vac. sick, etc) they don't get paid - it should be their responsibility, not yuour stress

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

do they have time sheets?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
Heather -I was listening to the CD and reading the booklet. Do you have the WOW Worship?

I was thinking I did but I don't remember! I will have to check! The new Wow 2009 just came out too! I want to get it also!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

There is no reason that it should have to be that stressful for you Susan!

I agree with Jennie - if you don't have it when it is time to do payroll, then they don't get paid for it. Once or twice not getting paid and they will remember to get you the info.

That is my philosphy here and the guys know it! They always get stuff in on time!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

That was my philosophy at the daycare...if they didnt turn in vac sheets or sick sheets then they didnt get paid for the day out. If their time cards were not correct I would give them a chance to fix it but I was not going to stress myself out about their inability to write legibly. They learned pretty quick!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scraphappy2006 Said:
do they have time sheets?

I have to fill those out, too. I'm not stressing about it I just get frustrated with my boss cause he doesn't know how to communicate.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm done!!! Payroll on my end is complete. Now I won't have to worry about it for another 2 weeks.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I had many teeny boppers who would forget to clock in and out...or more annyingly didnt turn in sick sheets.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Just finished up my oatmeal! Yummy!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Where should I go to lunch today ladies? DH gets paid so I can eat out. I'm not sure if I want KFC or Wendy's. If I go to Wendy's I can get a Strawberry Frosty Shake.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I am going to Wendy's today. You should join me!

I brought a ham & cheese sandwich but I want something HOT!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Ok Jennie - I got on amazon and looked. I know I have one of the Wow worship cd's but not sure which one and there are several. I will try to remember to look at home tonight!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

The engineers are working on a nice size set of shop drawing that they are about to throw at me....should keep me busy for a bit!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm thinking of getting a chili, fries and a frosty shake.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

the one mentioned in the booklet has a blue cover - I was just wondering what was on them. I am interested in getting them.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

i just found the website...going to chack it out

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I need to get busy on what I have. Lots of work.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• Scrapnut16 Said:

Yummy...have a frosty for me!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• TripletMother Said:
Ok Jennie - I got on amazon and looked. I know I have one of the Wow worship cd's but not sure which one and there are several. I will try to remember to look at home tonight!

I have several of these but I can't remember which ones.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scraphappy2006 Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I will!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I was thinking frosty too but that defeats my purpose for getting something hot!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
i just found the website...going to chack it out

Yeah, on amazon it will show you the list of songs on each one. They are all 2 cd's.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

But it's so yummy!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Heather - you need your diary - get the frosty

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I know!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
Heather - you need your diary - get the frosty

Ok Miss Enabler!

(I know you meant dairy - not diary! Paper doesn't taste that good! So glad we can read each others minds! )

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm getting a frosty for the calcium. Yep...need as much as I can get so lots of ice cream.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Don't ya'll love how we can justify eating ice cream?

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics