Page 3 of 29 
Username Post: VCW Week 101 We are Family! Come join us!        (Topic#1494991)
TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

• scraphappy2006 Said:
You could put the family tree pages at the end of the album

Like that idea!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to KellyLeigh

• KellyLeigh Said:
Laura, I would probably do 2 separate albums- one for you and one for him. And then a "Book of Us" type of things for pics from when you two met until now.

I am sure it will be great though, whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for the tip Kelly and originally that is how I was going to fo it, but i talked with him and because of our budget, we decided together that I should do it all one book, see I made his Mom a book that was about her and his dad and their kids and grandkids, 53 years worth, however even though she didn't have alot of heritage pics and pics of kids growing up until the had kids, the book is very thick cost me ALOT of money to do and now I may have to split the book in half and have 2 books for her because it is so thick. Anyway, I may have to do 2 books anyway, even though it will cost more because of this whole situation, but Dh really likes the idea of having us "together" so I may do what others here have suggested and do the "we" book and then do a seperate family heritage book.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Scrap Chica

I think a pic of you, dh, and your kids would make a great cover page then

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• KellyLeigh Said:
I had an interview this morning with one of the big area hospitals. I was actually interviewing for 2 positions at doctor's offices that are branches of the hospital (if that makes sense). There is one in particular that I am really, really hoping for. I have a second interview at the Dr office on Tuesday morning.

That's great Kelly! We will be praying!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
  • KellyLeigh Said:
Laura, I would probably do 2 separate albums- one for you and one for him. And then a "Book of Us" type of things for pics from when you two met until now.

I am sure it will be great though, whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for the tip Kelly and originally that is how I was going to fo it, but i talked with him and because of our budget, we decided together that I should do it all one book, see I made his Mom a book that was about her and his dad and their kids and grandkids, 53 years worth, however even though she didn't have alot of heritage pics and pics of kids growing up until the had kids, the book is very thick cost me ALOT of money to do and now I may have to split the book in half and have 2 books for her because it is so thick. Anyway, I may have to do 2 books anyway, even though it will cost more because of this whole situation, but Dh really likes the idea of having us "together" so I may do what others here have suggested and do the "we" book and then do a seperate family heritage book.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to TripletMother

• TripletMother Said:
I recently bought family tree pages or you could have someone cut out a tree on their cricut and send to you. That way you can put stuff in as you would like. I would do it if you told me what you wanted.

I like all these ideas about the tree and yes I guess putting at the end would be best, so that like you all said someone else could fill in after more info is found, I would also like it very much if you could cut me a tree out, that would be great, so now I am back to the coverpage which I think i like the whole Me to We idea, just have to find a current pic of us I like, He doesn't like having pics taken, so, it rarely happens, lol. So have to see what I have, going out tonight with friends maybe I can sneak in my big ******** camera and have friends take a pic of us tonight. Thanks for all the help ladies I think I feel more motivated now.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• TripletMother Said:
Hi Liz! Hey, I meant to ask this yesterday and forgot. How do you sharpen the little cutters for the circles, ovals, etc.? Ya know, the little red, blue and green cutters?

you could try aluminum foil, but it might be better to just order a new set of blades. The new version swivels so they're easier to use with the cutting system.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

thanks Heather!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
I have to go hide again. I'm at that other desk which is out in the open and too many people are walking by.

There's that figment of my imagination again! Where does she come from?

Hi! I'm over here! Not a figment this time. Got driven up the wall by the Mkt Dir so much with her ridiculous interruptions of my work and hounding me and pestering me on my lunch break everyday this week - so I came home to eat some lunch!

As I'm walking out WITH MY COAT on, she asks "Are you leaving?"

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Now get busy girl!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scraphappy2006 Said:
We need to get Cathy one of those privacy screens for her monitor

I saw that Firefox has an add-on called the "bossbutoon" or something like that. I think it quickly hides the tabs/windows you have open.

But by the time I hear someone coming - it's too late.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to moxiegirl23

• SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
Hi Liz! Hey, I meant to ask this yesterday and forgot. How do you sharpen the little cutters for the circles, ovals, etc.? Ya know, the little red, blue and green cutters?

you could try aluminum foil, but it might be better to just order a new set of blades. The new version swivels so they're easier to use with the cutting system.

and you can just by the cutters without everything else?

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

yup going to get my haircut and when I come back am going to searsh for pic for coverpage and start on newborn page too, thanks so much ladies, will be back later to show my progress

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
I recently bought family tree pages or you could have someone cut out a tree on their cricut and send to you. That way you can put stuff in as you would like. I would do it if you told me what you wanted.

I like all these ideas about the tree and yes I guess putting at the end would be best, so that like you all said someone else could fill in after more info is found, I would also like it very much if you could cut me a tree out, that would be great, so now I am back to the coverpage which I think i like the whole Me to We idea, just have to find a current pic of us I like, He doesn't like having pics taken, so, it rarely happens, lol. So have to see what I have, going out tonight with friends maybe I can sneak in my big ******** camera and have friends take a pic of us tonight. Thanks for all the help ladies I think I feel more motivated now.

PM me your address and what size of trees you want and I will see what I can get done for you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scraphappy2006 Said:
I am thinking of going out on my lunch break and getting the kids the new Madagascar movie for tonight

Ooo - it's on DVD? I love the song "move it move it!"

And the scene "The good news is we'll be landing soon. The bad news is we're crash landing" Cracks me up!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Sing it with me.... Laura is scrappin'!!! WooHoo!

{or she will be soon} WooHoo!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

I saw that Firefox has an add-on called the "bossbutoon" or something like that. I think it quickly hides the tabs/windows you have open.

Make people walk around with bells on their shoes!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
I hate when I'm trying to work and someone is sitting right where they can see my monitor!

Means I can't flip to this website...I actually have to work!

Yeah - what she said! Wassup with that anyway? It's cruel!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Cathy and Liz!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• TripletMother Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/lizellingwood/c atalog-ind...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

Yeah, that'll fly!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm home for a few minutes. I have one crossing guard shift and three store visits left. John has been cleaning all day, so the house is nice and ready for tomorrow's crop day.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
Thankfully I have my own office and I have my desk facing the door so that no one can see my monitor.

Same here

Normally, my area is a bit more private - but today I had to work at a different station. My computer is now fixed so i can work there this afternoon - so you may just see more of me then! Aren't you lucky?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

Yeah, that'll fly!

Just a thought - didn't say it was a good one!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
Thankfully I have my own office and I have my desk facing the door so that no one can see my monitor.

Same here

Normally, my area is a bit more private - but today I had to work at a different station. My computer is now fixed so i can work there this afternoon - so you may just see more of me then! Aren't you lucky?

Absolutely!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scraphappy2006 Said:
Ok boss just walked up top me and said he is sending me to Panera to pick up lunch for him and a guy that is coming in for a meeting - how cruel...i get to see all that yummy fod but can't have any!

Why can't you have any?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Felt sick today.. called to find a family doctor, everyone is fully booked..

MIL is making stuff in the kitchen, making loud noises. You know the thing about using steel spoon in a steel pot for stirring? The scratching sound just about drives me crazy...

Argggghhhhhh... sorry for the rant.

{hug} but think of all the yumminess that will come from all the noise she is making!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• TripletMother Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/lizellingwood/c atalog-ind...

You are the best! I will be ordering those soon! Thanks Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
Cathy's King Arthur lo is featured!

Really? Cool! Thanks for letting me know!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Is it time to go home yet? No...2 more hours.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Just realized that I still have a $50 Visa Gift card. This trip to Archivers tomorrow just keeps getting better!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I want to make brownies for dessert. But I want to eat the entire pan of them!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
Just realized that I still have a $50 Visa Gift card. This trip to Archivers tomorrow just keeps getting better!

Oh how awesome!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I have to go into a meeting at 2. Will last about 45 minutes. If it wasn't for that, I would probably be heading home already. I haven't hardly done anything today.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
I'm enjoying a frosty!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Kevin (DH) got a spot as a professor for a class this weekend at the college. Yeah! Extra income!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
I want to make brownies for dessert. But I want to eat the entire pan of them!

That sounds really good!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
Unfortunatly I don't think his mom knows names back very far for his tree

Maybe his side of the tree could have a swing hanging from it.... to give balance since your side will be so full of branches ?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
Kevin (DH) got a spot as a professor for a class this weekend at the college. Yeah! Extra income!

My congrats to Kevin!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

time to go.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

My corporate CC bill just came in. Need to get it approved and off to my boss for his approval. BRB.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• KellyLeigh Said:
I had an interview this morning with one of the big area hospitals. I was actually interviewing for 2 positions at doctor's offices that are branches of the hospital (if that makes sense). There is one in particular that I am really, really hoping for. I have a second interview at the Dr office on Tuesday morning.

Hoping!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm home for a few minutes. I have one crossing guard shift and three store visits left. John has been cleaning all day, so the house is nice and ready for tomorrow's crop day.

Can John come visit my house for the weekend and clean? And I come there and scrap with you??

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Geoff ripped the card I made earlier for my dad, so I had to redo it.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to foltzy

Oh Liz.....you could just give hime the card as is and tell him that Geoff added his own spcial touch!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scrappycath Said:

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh geez-o-pete! I have to get back to work!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

It's okay, not hard to redo. Geoff tore it beyond recognition of a card.

Gotta go to my dad's to deliver the card. BBL.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
I need some alone time.. can someone take MIL out for a day?

I think I"m going to drive around looking for a urgent care clinic...

Shirley, NextCare Urgent Care has a location on Guadalupe, about 2 miles west of Higley. Feel better!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 02-06-09 11:03 AM

• TripletMother Said:
How about a pic of the 2 of you together and the title Then and Now or From There to Here? Then start with baby pics. Maybe so it's not just you for the first 3 years, make you facing pages one of him and one of you at the same age. So the first 2 pages may be your birth pic on 1 side and his birth pic on the 2nd side.

Make sense?

Did you just read my mind?? LOL

I was thinking for the main page to put a current pic of the two of you and title it something like "From There to Here" or something like that.

Okay...I just now finished typing this...I started this post about an hour ago. LOL

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to LeeLo

I'm back. 2pm meeting wasn't mandatory and nothing I didn't already know so I am skipping it. Rather hang out with all of you!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• TripletMother Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

Dawn is closest!

Yea but does she speak and understand English? Cause I don't know Chinese dialects.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to DawnInAZ

Heather - when do you get to go home?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

Dawn is closest!

Yea but does she speak and understand English? Cause I don't know Chinese dialects.

Like how I just kinda threw you under the bus there and offered ya up?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:

Probably about 4. and you?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• TripletMother Said:

(Dawn's head swivels at hearing that the blades now swivel.) Uncle Sam will enable me to do an order in a couple weeks.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• TripletMother Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

4 if I'm lucky, if not i'll try for 4:30

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

Hi, hello, and howdy. I'm here. I've been up for a while now, just now made it to the computer. Battling a cold again. Stupid rollercoaster temperatures. So I didn't feel like making lunch from scratch (the kids had a half-day of school today) so I made a big packet of cheesy potato soup. Lizzie just informed me I make "the best food ever." Such a sweetie. I hope I'm up to playing in scrappy goodness...have to be...got stuff to DO...

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

The cute IT guy hasn't gotten here yet...probably show up just as I try to head out the door!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Hi Ria

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DawnInAZ

I'm trying to finish getting all our tax stuff together now so i can drop off to our accountant. That is what I was working on this morning - all of Shane's work receipts, mileage, excise tax for our cars, etc.

Shane's cousin is a CPA and every year she does every one in the family's taxes. She only charges each family $25. A lot cheaper than H&R.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

4 if I'm lucky, if not i'll try for 4:30

I'm ready to go now! How about you?

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

OH OH he's here!!!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• TripletMother Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

Dawn is closest!

Like how I just kinda threw you under the bus there and offered ya up?

(limps by) OWCH!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
OH OH he's here!!!!!

Quit drooling!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

my taxes are uber simple, so I just use Turbo Tax online. I get my refund direct deposit within 10-14 days.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Ria!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DawnInAZ

One more hour and I can go.

Lifeway Christian bookstore just called...my book is in. YEAH!!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Ria & Dawn

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Scrapnut16 Said:

Which book?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
my taxes are uber simple, so I just use Turbo Tax online. I get my refund direct deposit within 10-14 days.

With Shane doing contracting it is not so easy! I can't wait to get our refund so I can pay off the Lowe's CC. That is what we have been using for my scrappy room remodel! Only CC we own and I prefer to keep it that way!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to DawnInAZ

have to run..need to shut down computer for the move..hope to be back

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Which book?

It's called "Walking In God's Promises" by Elizabeth George. It's a bible study on Sarah. My best friend is doing it and she said it was really good. I may also see if I can find anything else while I am there.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Bye Jennie

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Sounds like a good one Susan. I will have to remember that one!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Which book?

It's called "Walking In God's Promises" by Elizabeth George. It's a bible study on Sarah. My best friend is doing it and she said it was really good. I may also see if I can find anything else while I am there.

Oooooooooooo may have to get that one.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Back to work!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DawnInAZ

Bye Dawn

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Where did everyone else go?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I am still around! Just been working on some little things.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Jennie is gone flirting and drooling over the good looking IT guy!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

So that's where she disappeared to. I'm leaving in about 20 minutes...but I'm taking work home with me.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Liz!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Brian just text me to find out my ring size. I looked at my finger to make sure that my engagement and wedding rings were still there because my engagement ring is broke and he wants to get it fixed.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I'm back...guess what all he did was look under my desk and say "yeah, you can do that, then tape tdown these cords" now he is off to one of the other rooms to fix another computer. I moved the computer all by myself!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Hi Heather.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrapnut16 Said:
So that's where she disappeared to. I'm leaving in about 20 minutes...but I'm taking work home with me.

I am leaving in about 45 minutes and not taking anything home with me and hoping to not even think about this place!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
I'm back...guess what all he did was look under my desk and say "yeah, you can do that, then tape tdown these cords" now he is off to one of the other rooms to fix another computer. I moved the computer all by myself!

Mr. Hotty should have at least helped you do it!

Maybe he is just nervous to be around you because he likes you!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Now where is everybody?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

I do mine with TurboTax online, too. I don't think mine's that simple. I file jointly with Jeremy and we claim the kids.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

I was being a good girl and eating...and trying to hunt down another shoe box for Jory, he has another diorama to do, this time for social studies...But I have friends everywhere, so the shoe box is lined up...I don't usually keep shoe boxes...I think I'll be keeping several from here on out.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

• scrappycath Said:
  • Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
Unfortunatly I don't think his mom knows names back very far for his tree

Maybe his side of the tree could have a swing hanging from it.... to give balance since your side will be so full of branches ?

Great Idea!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to BlingQueenRia

Was debating on a file for my craft robo. Now Geoff is yelling for help brb.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• TripletMother Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

I doubt it...he is just that into his work he goes from one thing to the next...I missed my chance to socialize with him at the company xmas party...it was out of town and we had really bad weather that nigh and my car was having issues(shock)

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

How big did you want the tree Laura? Are you putting it on a 12x12 lo and want it to cover about the whole thing?

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

• TripletMother Said:
How big did you want the tree Laura? Are you putting it on a 12x12 lo and want it to cover about the whole thing?

yes and I PMed you

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scraphappy2006 Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:

I doubt it...he is just that into his work he goes from one thing to the next...I missed my chance to socialize with him at the company xmas party...it was out of town and we had really bad weather that nigh and my car was having issues(shock)

Stupid weather!

I wish Shane had a twin! We would fix you right up! He only has 3 sisters!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Just as I thought he was fine.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

You need to find me a good, Christian man who loves lots of kids and will move me to IN

Page 3 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics