Page 5 of 29 
Username Post: VCW Week 101 We are Family! Come join us!        (Topic#1494991)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

• scraphappy2006 Said:
Oh ....thats not good Elizabeth...the weekends are supposed to be for relaxing and having fun

One of the docs sent me a bunch of referrals today...a bunch of STAT referrals. So I have 2 patients to see tomorrow, and at least 3 to see on Monday. I have to take my grandmother grocery shopping tomorrow. Have to go buy all teh paper products and drinks for the chili supper, and make a pot of chili or soup. I have all of that to do Sunday afternoon. I need groceries and stuff for the house, and I can't really combine my grocery shopping with my grandmothers because I have to help her so much and because I can't afford to buy all of my stuff at the store where she shops.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to TripletMother

• TripletMother Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:
You need to find me a good, Christian man who loves lots of kids and will move me to IN

I'm working on it!

Maybe the other Jenni's hubby has a younger brother!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scraphappy2006 Said:
We just finished make-your-own pizza and are watching Madagascar II.

Is it on DVD already? Is it good? Worth getting? (Kids love the 1st one)

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scraphappy2006 Said:
Oh ....thats not good Elizabeth...the weekends are supposed to be for relaxing and having fun

One of the docs sent me a bunch of referrals today...a bunch of STAT referrals. So I have 2 patients to see tomorrow, and at least 3 to see on Monday. I have to take my grandmother grocery shopping tomorrow. Have to go buy all teh paper products and drinks for the chili supper, and make a pot of chili or soup. I have all of that to do Sunday afternoon. I need groceries and stuff for the house, and I can't really combine my grocery shopping with my grandmothers because I have to help her so much and because I can't afford to buy all of my stuff at the store where she shops.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I'm feeling so much better now.. could it be:

- the Amoxicillan?
- the Tylenol Warming Liquid?
- DH took MIL and kids to church so I have the whole house to myself for a few hours!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to jellyziva

all of the above?!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I'm caught up. I'm sooooo sleepy. I am about half torn on just crawling into bed right now and hoping I wake up early.
Shoot need to look up how early or late Gordon Foods is open tomorrow.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

ooooo 8A to 8P
that means I can go before all my havoc or after when hubby is home to go with me.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Cathy, where are you getting all the new smilies?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

Hi Jennie, Shirley, Elizabeth

Shirley - I'm glad you feel better, and medicine out of a vending machine

Cathy - My job is going well, I'm working a lot trying to get to know the office and moving things along. And there is no copy machine because everything is electronic, internet, scanning, email, no hard copy or hardly any. They have an awesome system for teleconference, and they have lots of gadgets.

Liz F - I would be dying to know, I would be asking and asking to know what it is. It is exciting.

Liz M - No dh for the weekend, scrapping time

Elizabeth - I hate going out of the house after I got there. In my case is dh, could you please stop and get this or that

Laura - Can't wait to see the lo's

Heather - Enjoy your shopping day, boy do I love Archivers

That's it for now. I'm scrapping now.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cracrop

Kids liked the movie...they highly recommend it

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi everyone. Not staying long but wanted to pop in since I was online. I'm kicking myself right now. I forgot to email myself the spreadsheet for the bulk invoice I was going to work on this weekend. The question now is do I drive up to work tomorrow so that I can email to myself or start working on the other one? I think I'll decide in the morning. I'm super tired and think I'm going to get ready for bed.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Scrapnut16

Ohhhhh Susan

Just wait for tomorrow.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

I'm making cards, but really should be working on christmas lo's. So tomorrow, mojo or no mojo, I'm going to work on them.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Have a good night sleep. You'll fell better in the morning

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Food Network

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cracrop

WE are now watching SuperNanny

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, they are going to show one from San Antonio.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Cracrop

I got it out of him. He's taking my engagement ring tomorrow to have it fixed. I broke it before we got married, made my finger swell and black and blue too. It'll be nice to have it have no missing pieces and to be straight again.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Finishing Cars again. The kids love this movie and so do I but every other night for a week, I can almost recite the entire movie.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Oh...french toast Yummyyyyyyyyyy, I'm going to buy bread to make them Sunday.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

I got it out of him. He's taking my engagement ring tomorrow to have it fixed. I broke it before we got married, made my finger swell and black and blue too. It'll be nice to have it have no missing pieces and to be straight again.

Awwwwwwwwww, how sweet of him.

Edited by crapcrop on 02-06-09 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to moxiegirl23

Ok.. so I'm REALLY disappointed tonight! I went to ACM after work tonight and purchased the Crop-A-Dile Big Bite. I believe I've wasted my money and a whole bunch of eyelets. No matter how gently I squeeze it mangles the eyelet. I guess I'll be taking it back tomorrow.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cindy M

Is that the biggggg one????

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Yes...it is the big one. Maybe there is something wrong with the mechanism.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to Cracrop

I don't know... it looks like it's out of alignment and from what I've read NOW, I'm not the only one that has had that problem.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:
I don't know... it looks like it's out of alignment and from what I've read NOW, I'm not the only one that has had that problem.

I say take it back

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Cracrop

I also say take it back. I've heard a lot of people have had that problem.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to Cracrop

yeah.. but do I try another one or do I just get my money back? I like the "idea" of using eyelets without all the noise from the hammer.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cindy M

Kids are ready to get to bed...guess we are heading upstairs...no telling if I will be on tomorrow or not...we have a lot of projects to do

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to moxiegirl23

22 pages already?? OY!!

Not really here. Won't be here until Little Man goes to bed tonight. But I just wanted to give a shout-out to LizMoxie and tell you I thought of you a LOT this evening as I watched the news.

At one of the elementary schools in Indianapolis, a 4th grader was let off of a bus from a drive-thru some distance from the building. He darted between parked cars as he ran to the building, and ran right in front of a bus that was pulling up along a drive-thru closer to the building.

Killed the kid.

And all I could think of was you, Liz, and how much of a responsibility you have, and you're dealing with toopid parents that you really have very little control over (I mean, these were bus drivers and are probably more aware of what COULD happen than your typical parents are), and how quickly things can happen....

And I just wanted to come give you a hug.

I'll be back later to stay and catch up.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to c-leaper

Hello??? Just put boys to bed, cleaned up kitchen and picked up the living room, took trash out and have laundry going. Sitting here eating oreos and milk and trying to get acu. As soon as I finish "dessert" I am going in to paint.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Hi Heather, I'm here.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Jenni, you are right, is like Cathy said the other day, officers, ems, military, and cross guards, they are key components in our society. for all of them. And lots of prayers for the kid, the family, bus driver and school.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

I'm here, let's paint. Whow far along is your room?

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Hi Liz! Just finished my oreos. Going to go get a load of laundry out of dryer and start painting again. Shane and Payton arent here, little ones in bed.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
22 pages already?? OY!!

Not really here. Won't be here until Little Man goes to bed tonight. But I just wanted to give a shout-out to LizMoxie and tell you I thought of you a LOT this evening as I watched the news.

At one of the elementary schools in Indianapolis, a 4th grader was let off of a bus from a drive-thru some distance from the building. He darted between parked cars as he ran to the building, and ran right in front of a bus that was pulling up along a drive-thru closer to the building.

Killed the kid.

And all I could think of was you, Liz, and how much of a responsibility you have, and you're dealing with toopid parents that you really have very little control over (I mean, these were bus drivers and are probably more aware of what COULD happen than your typical parents are), and how quickly things can happen....

And I just wanted to come give you a hug.

I'll be back later to stay and catch up.

Wow Jenni, I haven't watched the news yet. Lots of prayers for that family.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:
I'm here, let's paint. Whow far along is your room?

One wall is almost done once I finish painting the cabinets below. I will try to upload a quick pic!

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M

Anyone? Would you take it back and get another or just get your money back?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Yeahhhhhh pics

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:
Anyone? Would you take it back and get another or just get your money back?

I would take my money back. And get something like this.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Cracrop

Cindy...what have the other people here said...was it a design flaw that they could just return and get money back or a defective item and would be able to get a working replacement?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:
yeah.. but do I try another one or do I just get my money back? I like the "idea" of using eyelets without all the noise from the hammer.

I have one of these. I don't use it much because I don't use eyelets much, but it works pretty easily.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to c-leaper

I'm so sorry to hear that about the kid. Prayers to the family...

And I agree with you. Everytime I drive by a school zone and see a speeding driver, I think about Liz ... and the job she does in the morning.. of how unpleasant it is and yet how IMPORTANT that is!!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I need your all's help - I know chocolate is very bad for dogs. My dog found a candy bar that had been forgotten about, it had been 1/2 eaten and was on a shelf under some books. He found it and ate almost all of it. What do I do?

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to jellyziva

They said it was out of alignment. Some have been able to get it back in alignment with some force, but no one really says how to do it.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Cindy M

• Cindy M Said:

Wait.. Cindy.. I had that problem when I first got it. I remember doing something to reset it... let me see if I can find that post.

Is it misalignment? I remember mine was having a little piece of metal that needed to be punched out. I used a LOT of force and it worked. Let me find the thread...

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • Cindy M Said:

Wait.. Cindy.. I had that problem when I first got it. I remember doing something to reset it... let me see if I can find that post.

Is it misalignment? I remember mine was having a little piece of metal that needed to be punched out. I used a LOT of force and it worked. Let me find the thread...

I can punch holes with it but it mangles the eyelets.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to jellyziva

Jennie, how much does your dog weigh?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

• scraphappy2006 Said:
I need your all's help - I know chocolate is very bad for dogs. My dog found a candy bar that had been forgotten about, it had been 1/2 eaten and was on a shelf under some books. He found it and ate almost all of it. What do I do?

Give him peroxide. One cap, and then another, this will make him puke.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to leebla

hmm...good question...i dont have a scale

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M

• scraphappy2006 Said:

Hope this helps:

http://www.monmouth.army.mil/monmessg/newmonmsg/ma r1720...

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

let me see if i can find his paperwork

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scraphappy2006 Said:
hmm...good question...i dont have a scale

what kind of dog is he?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Jennie, my dog eat the green rat stick, and we called the vet and he told us to give him peroxide. It depends on his weight. Just a cap, and then another, this is going to make him puke everything.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

thank you Cindy...i feel better

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

he is a beagle shepherd mix

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Cindy M

Cindy, here is the thread:

Big Bite won't bite

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Milk chocolate contains 60 mg per ounce of theobromine. The toxic dose is one ounce of milk chocolate per pound of body weight. For example one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to the nervous system of a 20-pound dog; one-half pound in a 10-pound dog. Keep in mind that the average chocolate bar contains two to three ounces of milk chocolate. It would take two to three candy bars to produce toxicity in a 10-pound dog.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

Otis used to eat m&m's all the time. Would only give him a couple but he is a large dog. What kind of dog and how big?

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M

You're welcome. I think they have to consume quite a bit in order for it to be toxic.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

he is about 39 pounds

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Cindy M

Cindy.. about mangling eyelets, I find that not all eyelets are the exact size. Even if they say they are 1/16 or 1/8 or whatever....

I've mangled eyelets I got from Ebay more than those that are name brands. Normally, I don't mind which company I use... in this case, I do find a slight difference in their sizes (probably spec).

Try eyelets from different companies.. also, it does take a little practice at first... also, check out the thread because there ARE misaligned Big Bites out there...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Cindy M

Chief is a small beagle and he weighs 23 pounds. As long as your dog isn't particuarly sensitive he should be okay.

dd said her small puppy ate a bunch of the girls candy and he puked and had the runs for a couple of days, but he is fine now.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

he only got about 1/2 of a Hershey bar

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

well then he's got 10 more to go!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

How's your dog doing?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Milk chocolate contains 60 mg per ounce of theobromine. The toxic dose is one ounce of milk chocolate per pound of body weight. For example one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to the nervous system of a 20-pound dog; one-half pound in a 10-pound dog. Keep in mind that the average chocolate bar contains two to three ounces of milk chocolate. It would take two to three candy bars to produce toxicity in a 10-pound dog.

Wonder if I can use that stat, exaggerate that a little and tell that to my kids!

"My dear daughter, since you eat close to nothing in a day and only weigh 42lbs, 1 whole candy bar can produce enough toxins to make you sick. No, Carmen is fine because she weighs 50lbs, Mary is ok also because she weighs 55lbs. Now if you eat a little more and gain some weight, you can eat a
candy bar."

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• scraphappy2006 Said:
he only got about 1/2 of a Hershey bar

So he will be ok, right, Elizabeth...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

OK. I am watching Psych: while watching a psychiatrist evaluate a pathological liar make a statement, Sean said to the psychiatrist:

Sean: "Do you mind if I make an observation before you speak"
Doctor: "Actually, I do."
Sean: "All things equal, I'd rather be scrapbooking.... but I need to say this...."

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:

Wonder if I can use that stat, exaggerate that a little and tell that to my kids!

"My dear daughter, since you eat close to nothing in a day and only weigh 42lbs, 1 whole candy bar can produce enough toxins to make you sick. No, Carmen is fine because she weighs 50lbs, Mary is ok also because she weighs 55lbs. Now if you eat a little more and gain some weight, you can eat a
candy bar."

I like that approach!!!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

OK, I really need to get back to my 1 hour of precious scraptime...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to NMlady

brb...going to load the dishwasher.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to NMlady

Nutten is sleeping on the bed next to me...i won't be ab;e to sleep tonight 'cause I will keep checking on him

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to jellyziva

Here you go Clara! A work in progress. This the first wall of three.
Scraproom Remodel - In progress By TripletMother

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

My boys on Saturday playing in the snow and the snowman that they built.

Snow Much Fun By TripletMother

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I have a sick baby! Grant has a fever and runny nose. Just laid on my lap all night. Wouldn't eat dinner but did drink a glass of milk and a glass of water.

By all means, I don't mind the cuddling a bit (in fact I love it) but I hate it when my babies don't feel good.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

So if my settings display 50 posts...and i am on pg 10....does that mean we have made 500 posts today!!!!!!!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Must go fold load of laundry and get back to painting. I will check back in a few!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

I've had over 100 posts today just myself because I hit 3000 yesterday and now I am over 3100.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Heather....I know that is hard but at least you can be ther for them...nothing beats a mommy's lovin' when your sick

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

• TripletMother Said:
I have a sick baby! Grant has a fever and runny nose. Just laid on my lap all night. Wouldn't eat dinner but did drink a glass of milk and a glass of water.

By all means, I don't mind the cuddling a bit (in fact I love it) but I hate it when my babies don't feel good.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Heather do you think your mom would know where they ordered that chair from?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

You feel so helpless when your children are sick. I hate it, I'd rather be sick than have them sick.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

You guys are on a roll, chatty twins

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Heather yoru room is looking great.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi Joy, hi Liz F

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Cracrop

Hi Clara

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Heather I'm jealous of your room

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Cindy.. about mangling eyelets, I find that not all eyelets are the exact size. Even if they say they are 1/16 or 1/8 or whatever....

I've mangled eyelets I got from Ebay more than those that are name brands. Normally, I don't mind which company I use... in this case, I do find a slight difference in their sizes (probably spec).

Try eyelets from different companies.. also, it does take a little practice at first... also, check out the thread because there ARE misaligned Big Bites out there...

Thanks... I read the thread and while my big bite is misaligned, it's not misaligned from side to side. It's misaligned from front to back and I didn't see anything on that problem.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Heather do you think your mom would know where they ordered that chair from?

I can check!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to foltzy

Hi ladies!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

• crapcrop Said:
Heather yoru room is looking great.

Thanks Clara! I have missed having you around during the day!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

Shane has been on it! I think he needed a "project" and he has really gotten into it! I definitely have to give him the credit!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to NMlady

hi Joy

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Thanks! I need a tall chair for my scrap table.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Joy, Liz, Clara and whoever else is here! Another coat of paint on the cabinet drawers.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Thanks! I need a tall chair for my scrap table.

This one is perfect! I will see what I can find out!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• TripletMother Said:
  • foltzy Said:

Shane has been on it! I think he needed a "project" and he has really gotten into it! I definitely have to give him the credit!

Send him my way...i have a few projects in need of a scrubbys attention...my dad usually comes every couple of months and does what he can as far as fix-ups but I have some real projects that I need to do

Page 5 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics