Page 3 of 350 
Username Post: Scrappin Our Tots (closed)        (Topic#1497463)
DaddyScrapperAlbert
Veteran
DaddyScrapperAlbert
In response to peenut_23

Morning ladies!

Well, Jessa woke me up at 9:30 this morning..knocking on the door and saying "Daddy...open door please". So I brought her downstairs for breakfast.

I finished my digi this morning as well. This one is of A.J.

Yummy
By DaddyScrapperAlbert

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to DaddyScrapperAlbert

Good morning everyone!!!

I just stopped by to drop off my Lo for the challege

Lucky Day
By Krishunter

I'll catch up later!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to krishunter

Morning ladies and gent! Just popping in real quick to say hi before I go tackle house cleaning. I ask you, how can a perfectly cleaned house on friday become a disaster zone by sunday? There are so many toys, books and clothes (clothes?) I might need a shovel lol!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to WeeFaerie

Oh wow! I am so behind on all my threads! I'm going to drop this one off and get caught up on some stuff for church- I'll be back tomorrow to get all caught up- I miss you guys!!!

Chocolate Cupcakes By Biskit

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Biskit

Hey Jules!

Where is Ms. Mandi today?

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to peenut_23

Hi Debi, Hi Jill, Hi Julie, Hi Kris..How are you all???

Just checking in..I'm at my mother in laws house having dinner. Had a little drama here tonight. I came here right after work and my hubby met me here with the baby. Well, as soon as I pulled onto the road I noticed a black pickup truck, with an older man with white hair sitting in the middle of the street right in front of my MIL's house. As I got closer I realized that there were cars behind him trying to get around him, I stopped and waited for them to go and he just sat there staring. As I went around him I looked at him and his window was rolled down and he looked at me and I threw my hands up as to say "what are you doing?" I pulled past him and he was watching me, he started to back up like he was going to pull onto the side street but as I pulled into my MIL's driveway, I looked back and he had put his truck back into drive and shot down the road like a torpedo. I got out of the car and started to walk to the door and heard my name and realized my nine year old SIL Cassidy was playing on the side of the house with her skateboard right where that guy was sitting. HE WAS WATCHING HER...I asked her how long he has been there and she said he has been going back and forth down the street for about an hour. OMG I came inside and told my MIL and we called the state police. They sent an officer out immidiatly and we told them everything that I saw and what Cassidy said and saw. Cassidy's sister Christina came out and said she had noticed him last week driving up and down the street. It seems like this guy only shows up in the afternoons after the kids have come home from school. The officer said he would stop by tomorrow and patrol the area to see if they could catch him.

It's sad that kids can't even play in their yards these days because pedofiles(sp) and perverts are all over watching them.

Other then that it's been an ok day. I'm feeling great today, got more hours at work and FINALLY got my order from sb.com . I CANNOT wait to go home and play lol...

Hope everyone is having a great day and I will be back later on.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Yellielynn

Hi!! Im here!!!

Albert~ Jessa woke US up knocking on the door asking for you to open it LOL

Jill~ I am here.. just haven't been online much today.. I have some stuff going on that I needed to take care of.. but I am here now LOL

Yellie~ WOW! Thats scary. Ill talk to you and find out more when we talk tonight.

Jules, Deb, Tricia, Carolyn, Heather.. Hi!!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to SQ Mandi

Wow Danny ... that sounds scary ... keep us updated!!!

Hi Mandi! Hi everyone else

I'm BEAT ... I'm in bed and about to fade off ...

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to SQ Mandi

Evening everyone! Hope you all had a great day!

That's so scary Danny! (I'm going with Danny, it's an awesome name, hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know. I don't want to call you the wrong name.) It is sad that kids can't play in their own yards. I taught my kids that if people slow down a lot or try to pull in the drive, head for the door. I hate to make them nervous but you just can't take chances.

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to WeeFaerie

Debi~I don't mind being called Danny. My MIL and her family call me that, as well as my DH and my son once in awile, lol he is so used to hearing everyone call me that..

Sometimes I think I am too paranoid but when you see or hear of stories about kids getting snatched, what else can you do to protect them? I told my MIL if she was worried about the girls waiting for the bus in the morning that I would wait with them with a baseball bat in my hand lol....

I so so wanted to come home and scrap and play with the new Crafters Workshop templates but it's 10pm and I'm fighting to stay awake. Guess I will have to play with them tomorrow..I also need to get some gold and silver pens to do what I have in mind. Anyone have any brands of pens that are on the cheaper side but still nice to use??

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn

I'm headed to bed, I can't fight it anymore lol. I was trying to catch up on leaving love on the new thread LO's but I'm falling over in my chair. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow..Night ALL

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

I'm getting all caught up!

Debi~I often wonder that about my house. If I spend all day cleaning the next day you can't tell.

Yellie~how scarey!!! I hope they catch that guy!!! You can't be too careful anymore!!!

Jill~I hope you get a good nights sleep!!!

I hope everyone else has had a good day!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Danny, Gelly Roll pens are good and they are pretty cheap.

Thanks Kris - got a decent sleep, could have slept longer! (as I yawn ... )

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to peenut_23

Morning/afternoon ladies (and Albert) LOL

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to SQ Mandi

Is it afternoon already? No sleep last night, Maeve was coughing. So, I sat up watching her as if my watching her would help lol!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*

Hello everyone! So, I bought a new computer this weekend and I am still using my old one because I am having trouble setting up the new one. We're trying to network the two computers but it is causing some serious headaches. I haven't felt so inept with this stuff in about 15 years. GRRR. Anyway, just got a new lo done and now I have to go catch up. Here it is:

That's oNE lAZY pUP By *Tricia*

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Hi girls

Just popping in real quick before my soccer game. I am beat. I might be coming down with whatever Abigail had last night. Either that or just tired because I was up so much with her!

Scrap shopping was GREAT! I didn't buy much though but my friend did! It was her 1st time to both stores ...

Kris, my dd is still in her toddler bed but quickly outgrowing it - the problem is it's a Dora bed. We need to get her a big girl bed. Maybe we'll go this upcoming weekend ... she wears pull-ups through the night but often doesn't wet them at all. Two nights ago I woke up to find her in the bathroom screaming her head off because her diaper actually had pee in it ... I explained to her that's what happens when you go to bed with a diaper on! She got mad and threw it across the bathroom. So much fun at 5am!

I finished a paper layout that I am VERY happy with!! I will post later ... like tomorrow or Monday.

anyway, night all!

Can totally picture the attitude from Abigail! So CUTE! Not for you I guess, but definitely cute!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
Mandi~ You're going to crash eventually lol! You're going to have so much fun!

Maeve's problem is she's too interested in everything around her. She hops right up to get to the bathtub toys, shampoo, whatever she thinks she can reach. And, she loves bath time so when she gets in the bathroom she wants in the tub. One of her first words was bath, her first command lol! Not baba or nummy like the other 3, not her. She even sticks out her tongue at the end of the word to get the perfect th sound, she doesn't want to risk not being understood hehe!

I did the challenge page, but it won't upload right now. I'll try again later. The router is nice but uploading when it's running 3 computers is a pain! I made everyone go offline to upload that kit earlier. They were so annoyed hehe!

That is the cutest story about Maeve and the bathing.

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to SQ Mandi

"Free the pee", adorable!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi Mandi!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
Is it afternoon already? No sleep last night, Maeve was coughing. So, I sat up watching her as if my watching her would help lol!

My last two nights were very similar, my son has a horrible cough and a persistent nighttime fever. Last night I couldn't find the thermometer so I was terrified that he was going to get really sick. When you get the temp. at least you know how worried you should be.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to *Tricia*

Morning Tricia & Deb

I spent some of yesterday making a new paper project I never tried before... I made ATCs ..

Here they are ...Please don't laugh.. lol I know they look a little off, but these are my first onces

ATCs By DoodlingSticklesQueen

ATCS By DoodlingSticklesQueen

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi girls.. JCI.. and guess what.. I was just offered a spot on If It's Groovy Design Team!! WOOT!!! It's a new DT but woot!! I am so excited!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to SQ Mandi

Congrats Mandi!
Your ATCs look awesome too!!

Tricia, love the new layout of Barney! Great colours!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to peenut_23

Here's one I got done during nap today. Not my usual style.
Perfection By *Tricia*

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to *Tricia*

Congrats Mandi on the dt!!!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to WeeFaerie

Sorry I'm a bit behind everyone. Life has gotten in the way of computer time. LOL I actually got to do a paper scrapbook page today which made me VERY happy. I am going to work on the Lucky digital one tonight. I have an idea.

Debi,
I hear you on the Tinkerbell movie being on repeat. Over here it's Thomas the train. I hear trains in my sleep. LOL It is a rather cool job, especially since I get all of the projects I make back after the classes are over.

Mandi,

I posted a layout of someone on the potty once and got reamed over at the Scrap Smack site. LOL Your daughter saying "Free the Pee" cracked me up. Congrats on the DT! I know you will totally rock it!

Yellie,

OMG! I am so glad that you came home when you did! How scary! I hope the police are able to catch him.

Jill,

Hey girl!

Nothing much new around here. I grounded my oldest from going to gymnastics today because she misbehaved so badly this morning. I made the mistake of giving the two little ones an empty ice cream container (plastic one from B's party on Saturday) to use as a drum. Now I have a headache. LOL

Layouts to share:

Cold By Miracles_momma

Josh By Miracles_momma

My Little Monster By Miracles_momma

I'm off to post on my blog and work on my Lucky layout!

Hugs,
Heather

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Heather J. Landry

Evening all. I was so tired this morning I forgot to post my page lol!

A Wonder
By WeeFaerie

Hope your son is feeling better Tricia! It's the night cough and fever that scares me the most. Maeve doesn't have a fever, just a barky cough. Since Stevie (my oldest) has allergies and asthma I'm really hoping her cough is just spring allergies.

Heather~ Thomas The Tank Engine was my oldest son's favorite show, so when Alex was born he wanted to help name him. Yep, his name is Alexander Thomas lol!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to WeeFaerie

Congrats Mandi!!!

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to WeeFaerie

Hey Girls and Guy, Just got done having dinner, figured I would pop online and check in.

No sign of that "creep" today, but my MIL called the girls school this morning and let them know what was happing, she also called the other families that live on her road to tell them too.`The school thanked her and said they would look out for anything suspiscious and put extrra teachers and aides outside with the kids at recess time. When Christina's bus came this morning there was a state tropper following it and when Cassidy's came 45 min later there was another trooper. My MIL said the troppers have been making sweeps past her house all day. When the girls got home, they said there was a tropper in the parking lot at school and was asking people for id's and checking any pickup trucks that came to the school.
I'm happy the police are taking this so seriously..I guess they aren't going to take any chances. Too many kids getting snatched and killed these days.

Well. I will be back in a bit, I need to give Kasey his bath and put him down for the night. My DH just left to run to my MIL, he was fixing their computer so. I've got bath duty lol. See you in a few.

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn

Back for a bit. Kasey is all tucked into bed, I can hear him playing with his crib toys over the baby monitor. lol Guess he isn'y quite ready for bed.

Congrats Mandi. Now you have more LO to make lol. Good luck finding time in your schedual.

I was hoping we were not going to have anymore winter weather but it's sleeting out, I can hear it hitting my window. **sigh** Guess were not done yet..

In my house right now it's not Thomas YET but Spongebob..I'm sorry but I HATE that stupid show but Kasey loves it, He calls him "Bob". no Sponge just BOB...lol it's so cute when it comes on he dances around the living room screaming Bob, Bob, Bob. I'm hopeing he finds something else SOON to fixate on. The worse part is my DH loves the show too, so he eggs him on lol...Grr MEN

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn

Ok I'm going to show my newbie status and ask what the heck an ATC is??

Tricia~OMG when I got on the thread and saw your new Avitar lmao. I was like HUH? who is that? It look me a good twenty minutes to realize it was you but a diff pic. HAHAHAHAH I usually don't pay attention to names just remember by the pic. Serves me right, I need to start paying more attention to names.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

I'm dropping this layout off for the challenge really quickly. I'll be back in the morning to chat! I just didn't want to forget.

Lucky By Miracles_momma

Hugs!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to *Tricia*

Hey yall! I am actually going to go back and get all caught up tonight! Yippeeee! I feel so in the dark!

Sweet Ballerina By Biskit

DaddyScrapperAlbert
Veteran
DaddyScrapperAlbert
In response to Biskit

Hi everyone...wow...got some catching up to do..LOL...hope everyone is okay. 3 more days!!! Woohoo!!! Here's a Digi I created

Color-Full
By DaddyScrapperAlbert

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Morning! Maeve didn't cough last night! I got to sleep for 5 whole hours! Now I'm hoping she doesn't cough when she wakes up. We may be over this thing! Very cool pages to look at this morning, the scrappersaurous one is still cracking me up!

Off to get more coffee and fight with the uploader! Back in a bit!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to celstin0406

Morning girls & Albert..

Thank you all for the congrats!! Im so excited!! LOL
Tricia~ It took me a while to figure out who you were too! LOL

I want to remind you all that Albert and I will be gone from March 13- March 22, I will try and check in on a regular or semi regular basis while I am gone.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

New Challenge for 3/11-3/18

Use circles, add some glitter and a hint of blue

Please remember, challenges are not required.. they are just added for extra inspiration!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning everyone!!!!

Wow Mandi~Congrats!!!!!

Debi~Glad Maeve didn't cough last night!!!

I've been cleaning and doing laundry...again!!! It never ends!!LOL

Mandi & Albert~Yeah for vacation coming up!!! I'm jealous! I want(need) a vacation!!!!

Mandi~Love the challenges! They make me scrap instead of thinking about scrapping!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

morning girls .... i have the flu .... CRY

I am the WORST sickie ever. I am behind but will catch up at some point.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to peenut_23

Aww Jill It's no fun being sick!!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Kris~ Thank you

& We cant wait.. My mom has not seen the kiddies & Albert since November 2007.. The last time I saw her was April 2008.. this is the longest I have gone with out seeing my family.. So.. needless to say I am doing the Happy Dance!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to SQ Mandi

Jill~That really sucks!! I'm a bad sickie too! I sure hope you feel better soon and no one else at your house catches it!!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Dani want to say Hi!!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuhyjumjjujhyhgbggfyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyf fdeedeesrrtygttttttttr

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit

Hi girls! We are finally getting back to normal around here!

I'm so sorry you are sick Jillsie! Here is get get well soon hug

Have a great day!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to WeeFaerie

Debi,

I hope Maeve feels better soon! Alexander Thomas is an adorable name. =0)Glad I made you laugh with my crazy layout. Hehe

Yellie,

I'm so glad that the police are taking it seriously. You can't be too careful these days. My husband bought my son the full seasons of SpongeBob when he was 1. Brandon called him Bob Bob and said Bob Bob before he said Momma. LOL

Jill,

Aww hon, I'm so sorry you are sick! Hugs!!!!!

Only one layout to share today. We have had an extremely busy (but productive) day so far!

Two Cute By Miracles_momma

Hugs!
Heather

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Hi Dani!

Afternoon everyone!

Jill~ Hope you feel better soon. You've had horrible luck with illness this winter.

Off to freeze in the garden!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to WeeFaerie

hi girls

Well I am up ... sitting up that is. And feeling a bit better. I have had the worst luck this winter! I can't believe how much I've been sick.

Anyway, I think I'm acu!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here's one I did last night ...

birthday bash By Peenut_23

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*

• Yellielynn Said:
Ok I'm going to show my newbie status and ask what the heck an ATC is??

Tricia~OMG when I got on the thread and saw your new Avitar lmao. I was like HUH? who is that? It look me a good twenty minutes to realize it was you but a diff pic. HAHAHAHAH I usually don't pay attention to names just remember by the pic. Serves me right, I need to start paying more attention to names.

I'm totally the same way. I get totally thrown off when people change their avatars. It's the main picture we associate with eachother so it makes sense.

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
morning girls .... i have the flu .... CRY

I am the WORST sickie ever. I am behind but will catch up at some point.

That sucks! The kids and David are super sick too. Ella and Owen have a terrible dry cough. Poor things.

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*

• krishunter Said:
Dani want to say Hi!!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuhyjumjjujhyhgbggfyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyf fdeedeesrrtygttttttttr

Very cute!

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to *Tricia*

Hi everyone it's late and I'm about ready to crash. Just got home from shopping. Went to Walmart and Michael's..I was a good girl and all I bought at Michael's was some gelly pens to finally start on the paper LO I wanna do. We were super busy today, trying to get all my errands done before the weekend. Poor Kasey was falling asleep in Walmart so I did my shopping as fast as I could. He was asleep before I drove out of the parking lot lol. I finally got my new vacuum(sp) to replace the junk I bought in November..NEVER again will I buy a Dirt Devel..it has ALL plastic cheap parts including the belt!?! Who makes something that when used a lot and gets really hot with a plastic belt? Needless to say it melts the belt. GRR It's never worked right since the day I bought it and my DH has had to fix it probably 10 times since November...I will be sending it back..weather they like it or not.. ~~wish I was hitting a vacuum instead..

I'm going to finish putting the groceries away and head to bed.

Jill~Sorry your not feeling good. I would send you some awesome chicken soup but your kinda far away. Drink lots of fluid and get a lot of rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Kris~That is so sweet, lol when I play games online Kasey sits on my lap and likes to push the buttons to pull down the slots on the machine. By the time he is 10 he will know more then I do about computers, Plus he has his daddy to teach him and my DH is a wiz when it comes to PC related stuff.

Mandi~Have fun on Vacay...Stop in when you go to Albany to p/u the girls. Say hi to everyone for me.

Talk to everyone tomorrow. I'm off to bed alone...My DH is in the living room playing with the Play Station he just bought, OY. I bet he is up all night..Oh well...

Night all

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Morning!

DaddyScrapperAlbert
Veteran
DaddyScrapperAlbert
In response to WeeFaerie

Morning ladies Well, it was a pretty busy day yesterday at work. I had a meeting with my supervisor about an appraisal, but since I started in the last half of 2008, it wasn't all bad. She said I've been doing a very good job and to keep it up

Tomorrow is the big day!!! Yay!!! Can't wait to go see my mother-in-law and be out of here

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Jill,

Feel better soon!

Yellie,

I swear my next vacuum is going to be a Dyson. I never hear anyone complain about them. I have a Hoover and it sucks.... or rather it doesn't suck the way I want it to.

Mandi and Albert,

Have fun on your vacation! We are having a staycation this year. Stupid economy!

Today I've got a million errand to run as usual. Then Jordan has horse therapy this afternoon. Sometime in the middle of all that I have a Disney layout I am supposed to be doing for a class that I haven't even started yet.

Hugs!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Mandi~congrats on the appraisal!!! Yeah for tomorrow!!!! Have fun!!!!

Heather~I just bought a Dyson a couple of weeks ago! I love it!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*

Hello everyone! Have any of you ever used a Wacom tablet? I'm thinking about getting a low-end one. It would make editing and didgital scrapbooking so much more fun!!! I am curious to know if the cheaper ones are worth getting.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to WeeFaerie

Anyone ever hear of Kawasaki (sp.) disease in babies, possibly caused by carpet shampoo. I was wondering if anyone knows at what age it is believed to be safe to shampoo carpets. I've been avoiding it because Maeve is only 1 1/2 but I need to shampoo and I have a new toy soooo, any idea?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to WeeFaerie

Deb, I'm not sure ... sorry! In fact, I've never even heard of it! :S

Tricia - no clue about the tablet!

Okay, so I'm a little grumpy - after all, I AM sick. So I was just on the phone with dh and I was all quiet and not talking so he assumed I was scrapbooking and he got mad. So then I got annoyed and then he says this:

You should call Spongebob.

I'm like huh?! I'm refusing to answer because I KNOW it's some sort of joke and I'm not in the mood.

He says again: You should call Spongebob.

I don't say anything. He says "You're supposed to say for what". And then he says:

"You need to ask him if he has any crabby patties"

WHAT AN ******** .... It did make me smile though. What a loser!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Here's my newest ... not sure I like?!

Conversation with a 2 year old By Peenut_23

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to peenut_23

i have never heard of that either Deb!?!?

spongebob! hehehehe! sorry Jillsie it was kind funny!

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to Biskit

Debi~here is some info for you...Hopefully it eases your mind so you can play with your new toy.

**Kawasaki Disease**

What is Kawasaki disease?
Kawasaki disease is the most common form of vasculitis that primarily affects children. The disease produces irritation and inflammation of many tissues of the body, including the hands, feet, whites of the eyes, mouth, lips, and throat. High fever and swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck also are characteristic of this illness. The inflammation is uncomfortable, but resolves with time. However, the main threat from Kawasaki disease comes from its effect on the heart and blood vessels. Heart-related complications can be temporary or may affect the child long-term. The heart, particularly the coronary arteries, is affected in as many as 15 percent to 25 percent of children with Kawasaki disease.

Another name for Kawasaki disease is mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome.

How often does it occur?
Kawasaki disease is fairly common in the US. According to the American Heart Association, the illness is a major cause of heart disease in children. About 4,000 children are diagnosed in the US each year. Kawasaki disease, together with acute rheumatic fever, is the leading cause of acquired heart disease in children in the US and Japan.

Who is affected by Kawasaki disease?
Kawasaki disease occurs more often in Japan than in any other country. In the US, children of Asian or Asian American heritage are affected more often than other races, although Kawasaki disease can occur in any racial or ethnic group.

The vast majority of children who develop Kawasaki disease are under age 5. The average age child seen with the illness is 2 years old. It occurs in boys twice as often as in girls.

What causes Kawasaki disease?
It is not clear what causes Kawasaki disease. Scientists believe a virus may be responsible, but current research is still underway. Kawasaki disease does not appear to be contagious, nor does it appear to be hereditary. It was once thought that Kawasaki disease was linked to recent rug or carpet cleaning; however, no studies have shown this to be a cause of the disease.

It is rare for more than one child in a family to develop the disease. As a result, less than 2 percent of persons with Kawasaki disease develop the disease more than once.

Why is Kawasaki disease a concern?
Kawasaki disease can be a very uncomfortable illness, since it causes fever, as well as irritation and inflammation in many tissues of the body. However, these symptoms usually run their course and resolve within a few weeks. The primary concern with Kawasaki disease is heart and blood vessel involvement.

The coronary arteries are the vessels that provide the heart muscle with an oxygen-rich blood supply. Kawasaki disease can weaken the wall of one or more of the coronary arteries, causing it to bulge or balloon out. This weakened, ballooned area is called an aneurysm.

Blood clots can form in the ballooned area and possibly block the blood flow through the coronary artery. When this happens, the heart muscle will no longer receive an adequate supply of oxygen-rich (red) blood, and the heart muscle can be damaged. On rare occasions, the aneurysm can also burst.

The illness may also cause the heart muscle (myocardium) to be irritated and inflamed, as well as the membrane covering the heart (pericardium). Irregular heart rhythms and heart valve problems may also occur with Kawasaki disease.

In most cases, the effects on the heart caused by Kawasaki disease are temporary, and resolve within five or six weeks. However, coronary artery problems may sometimes persist for longer periods of time.

What are the symptoms of Kawasaki disease?
The following are the most common symptoms of Kawasaki disease. However, each child may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:

moderate to high fever (101° F to 104° F) that rises and falls for up to three weeks

irritability

swollen lymph glands in the neck

spotty, bright red rash on the back, chest, abdomen, and/or groin

bloodshot eyes

sensitivity to light

swollen, coated tongue

dry, red, cracked lips

dark red interior surfaces of the mouth

red, swollen palms of hands and soles of feet

peeling skin around the nail beds, hands, or feet

swollen, painful joints
The symptoms of Kawasaki disease may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your child's physician for a diagnosis.

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:

Okay, so I'm a little grumpy - after all, I AM sick. So I was just on the phone with dh and I was all quiet and not talking so he assumed I was scrapbooking and he got mad. So then I got annoyed and then he says this:

I'm like huh?! I'm refusing to answer because I KNOW it's some sort of joke and I'm not in the mood.

I don't say anything. He says "You're supposed to say for what". And then he says:

Where does he come up with this stuff? He's so funny!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
Anyone ever hear of Kawasaki (sp.) disease in babies, possibly caused by carpet shampoo. I was wondering if anyone knows at what age it is believed to be safe to shampoo carpets. I've been avoiding it because Maeve is only 1 1/2 but I need to shampoo and I have a new toy soooo, any idea?

As far as I know it's an incredibly rare disease and not necessarily proven to be linked to carpet shampoos,

"Though the evidence of the relationship between Kawasaki Disease and carpet cleaners is not conclusive, there are plenty of other reasons to avoid using carpet cleaners in our homes. For more information, see Are Carpet Cleaners Unsafe? To help reduce any risk from the possible link between carpet cleaning and Kawasaki Disease, CHEC recommends that children stay out of the house for at least four hours after carpets have been cleaned by any method."

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to *Tricia*

Risk factors
Three things are known to increase your child's risk of developing Kawasaki disease, including:

Age. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are most at risk of Kawasaki disease.
Sex. Boys are more likely than girls are to develop Kawasaki disease.
Ethnicity. People living in Asia or of Asian descent, such as Japanese or Chinese, have higher rates of Kawasaki disease.

DaddyScrapperAlbert
Veteran
DaddyScrapperAlbert
In response to *Tricia*

Hi ladies!!!
Sorry I didnt get to post yesterday...had quite a hectic day. But tonight, we head off to PA I can't wait...this vacation is well deserved and needed. It will be so great to see the MIL again I'll see you ladies when we get back!!! Off to work in 20 minutes (get to work early today)

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to *Tricia*

• *Tricia* Said:
  • peenut_23 Said:

Where does he come up with this stuff? He's so funny!

I have no clue but he just comes out with them ... he actually is pretty funny but I've never admitted that to him!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to peenut_23

Good morning!

Thanks! You guys are thorough! I googled it, but never got the ages after pages and pages. Last time I had to shampoo, I only used water and booted the kids out of the house (I'm always over cautious) but now my carpet really needs shampoo lol! Imagine a year and a half of bottles, sippy cups and finger food getting ground in. Ick! Then there's the new toy factor lol!

Spongebob... lol!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to WeeFaerie

Debi, you are making me feel like I need to go home and clean my carpets! blech!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to peenut_23

Morning everyone!!!

I need to clean my carpets too. I got the family room done last month, but still have a couple of rooms that REALLY need to get done. I always go over the carpet with plain water after the shampoo.

I think Kawasaki Disease is what John Travolta's son had.

The day is finally here!! Have fun Mandi and Albert.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Hi girls.. Just popping in..I am behind..I know Have been busy the last 2 days.. Finally ALL finished packing.. now I am gonna get the kids in the tub.. Im going to take a shower and as soon as Albert gets home, we are off to run an errand and then off to the airport!!! I will check in from moms house Have a wonderful weekend!!

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*

• krishunter Said:
Morning everyone!!!

I need to clean my carpets too. I got the family room done last month, but still have a couple of rooms that REALLY need to get done. I always go over the carpet with plain water after the shampoo.

I think Kawasaki Disease is what John Travolta's son had.

The day is finally here!! Have fun Mandi and Albert.

There's a lot of controversy over if that's what their son had or not. Many people believe that he was autistic but scientologists dismiss mental disorders as being actually disorders

*Tricia*
Diva
*Tricia*
In response to *Tricia*

Have a good trip Mandi and Albert.

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to *Tricia*

Have a great trip guys!!!

Oppps! When we moved into our appartment the guy had to come back and re-clean the carpets because some paint spilled and Harlie and I were both in here while he was shampooing! yikes!

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to Biskit

Hi everyone, Hope your days are going great!. I just got home from my MIL's house..Boy is that a mess. My DH and BIL decided to redo my IL's living room and bathroom..LOL Just out of the blue...They ripped up the carpet and took down all the old moldings and such and are redoing it all. At the moment they are tapeing and spackling(sp) and getting ready to paint tomorrow. Then will replace the old dirty carpet they tore out, with beautiful hardwood floors. My MIL is in her glory having two sons who are able to do this kind of thing. My DS was there and when I went to pick him up, he was covored with dust and spackle(sp) lol..It was funny but I wasen't too happy at the thought of having to scrub the stuff out of his jacket I just washed lastnight. GRRR What can you do? I'm just glad they are repainting the bathroom ceiling..Who in their right mind would paint the celing a horrid pepto color and have the rest of the room green? It was awful..My MIL has been wanting it painted since the day they moved in 5 years ago.. I don't blame her a bit.

Debi-Can you do my carpets too? lol I;ve been trying to do them since november..

Julie~Good Luck and Have a great time at your
class..

Jill~My DH is the same way. Always trying to make people laugh, friday he was danceing to the ghostbusters song in my living room and decided it was a good idea to do a cartwheel...Well he broke a toe...I felt bad but all I could do was laugh..

Mandi~Have a great trip. Have lots of fun.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I am soooo ready for bed but I have to go to soccer in an hour ....

I lovvvvvvve soccer but we are playing a lower division team for a cross-over game so it's going to be boring ... I think I'd rather sleep!

Anyone have any plans for the weekend? Besides

We might take Abigail to the sugar bush for maple syrup. It's supposed to be mild. I'm having a crop tomorrow night too! And Tricia better come!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to peenut_23

We're going to the Wisconsin Badger hockey game tomorrow night. That's about it.

I hope everyone has a good weekend no matter what you do!!!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit

Happy Saturday!!!

Guitar Hero By Biskit

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Biskit

Happy Saturday day to you to!

Afternoon everyone!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to WeeFaerie

Hi girls.. Just checking in. We got here lastnight. We are all having a blast.. the kids took to my mim, dad and little brother right away (which is great for not seeing them since November 2007)

I will try to check in again during the week!! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to SQ Mandi

Glad you checked in Mandi!

It sure is quiet in here today... everyone must be busy scrappin! It rained here all day, so nothing exciting happened

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Biskit

Morning Sunshines!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to WeeFaerie

Here is 2 from me- scrappy Sunday!!!

Warm and Fuzzy Love By Biskit

Texas Bluebonnets By Biskit

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Biskit

Hi girls,

I've been awol all weekend ... the big reveal for the kit company I DT for was today! I am pretty happy with my stuff - I got done 3 layouts and one card.

Had a crop last night - went well - Ms. Tricia didn't get much done ...
She was busy chatting!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to peenut_23

Hope you're all having a great weekend! I played in the gardens everyday. It was beautiful outside and 50 degrees. I think Maeve is going to be an outdoors girl this summer, she cried when we came back in. Now I need to teach her how to weed lol!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to WeeFaerie

Harlie and I had to play indoors today- it was raining again! Yuck! And it all got spoiled with the biggest tantrum EVER!

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to Biskit

Hey everyone, Just checking in...I've been MIA almost all weekend..I just got home from a 12 hour shift at work and i'm beat..Not feeling so hot, i've got a headache and feeling a little nauseated. I need to relax and go to sleep. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend..

Happy St. Patricks day to all.

I'll catch up tomorrow after work.

Night all

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Morning!

Hope you're feeling better today Danny! Get some rest!

Julie~ Maeve just started throwing tantrums too. I feel so bad for you! I hope it's sunny for you today so you can get her outside to burn off some energy. Rainy days really turn sweet little kids into monsters!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to WeeFaerie

Morning girls!

Did I miss St. Patty's Day? I thought it was the 17th? Not that it matters ... I don't drink, especially green beer ..

K, I was busy with paper this weekend!

Jillisms By Peenut_23

Open Season By Peenut_23

Two.75 By Peenut_23

My Little Mermaid By Peenut_23

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Ladies, you are now in the presence of a queen ...

I had no idea!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to peenut_23

Congrats! All hail Queen Jill!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to peenut_23

Morning girls!! Just popping in for a minute!

Jill~ St.Patty's Day is the 17th!!

My little brother asked me to pick him up from school today (he walks to and from) so I am gonna gear up and walk down there at 3 to pick him up. Hopefully I can do that everyday this week. It's a 2 mile walk all together. Tomorrow is his Pinewood Derby, so we are all going to that. Haven't done any scrapping yet.. but will most likely do some today or Wednesday. I have taken over 300 pics so far since we got on the plane here (Including the kids on the plane, their first plane ride) Jessa has a new buddy. One of my moms cats, Blossom, an Angora cat and Jessa have been playing together, and she even naps with Jessa.. Now Jessa is asking for a Cat! LOL

I will be back later on or during the week some time!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to SQ Mandi

Morning Everyone!!!!

I had a busy, but fun, weekend! The weather is finally warming up. Dani played outside all afternoon yesterday. She had a blast. I got the 3-season porch all cleaned up and ready to go. The yard is still to mushy and muddy to do anything out there but the snow is finally all melted in the back yard.

I need to go to the store,hopefully I can get caught up later.

Have a great day!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hi Kris, Debi, Mandi!

I really hate Mondays. I had the best intentions of digi scrapping at lunch but I am sooo not motivated! sigh.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to peenut_23

I'm all caught up!!!

Jill~you've been busy scrapping! Congrats on queen!!!

Yellie~I hope you're feeling better!!!!

Mandi & Albert~sounds like your having a great time!!!

Debi~I can't wait until I can get to my garden. I have a new one to do this year. Last summer DH pulled out some bushes, so I have room on the side of the porch to do what I want. I have lots of ideas going through head!!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit

dropping off two for now- and I will bbl!

Rooster By Biskit

Drive to Big Bear By Biskit

Biskit
Biskit 
Diva
Biskit
In response to Biskit

oops! i forgot this one...
Spring Sandbox By Biskit

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Biskit

Just peeking in again... I picked up my little brother from school, and got dinner in the oven.. A roasted chicken, seasoned with rosemary and garlic!! YUM

Started painting my little brothers pinewood derby car tonight.. but I figured the wrong paint was boughten for it so mom and I are going out tonight to the craft store (for scrapbooking supplies and acrylic paints)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!! See you all later this week!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to SQ Mandi

Evening!

Glad you're having fun Mandi!

Kris~ New gardens are the best! A completely clean canvas to work with! What are you going to plant?

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to WeeFaerie

Yes St. Patricks day is the 17th but i'm not sure I will be able to get online on tuesday(have to work till 5 and then going to my parents for dinner) so I was saying it early lmao.. Ya caught me Jill..

I'm feeling great today, still a little tired but that's expected. Kasey was up almost all night, he just didn't want to go to sleep. I think he finally crashed around two..

Gotta go make dinner. Be back later on

Page 3 of 350 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics