Page 1 of 25 
Username Post: VCW #109 - Spring Break!        (Topic#1500469)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself
HERE

You can also place Prayer Requests Here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved for the group. There are a few people around here to keep an eye on the admin of the list, so the approval shouldn't take too long. The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Clara more and prayers for you mom

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

morning

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

soo not looking forward to today!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Hi ladies.

What's happening today Elizabeth?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OK........

Well hope the day goes well for you!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I think she just has a lot of driving to do today, Cathy.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

oh, just that it is soo busy. With Jamie here for two days and the other girl at work off sick I have sooo much going on it isn't funny. And it is raining and my head hurts.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I almost do not want to go to Niagara this weekend.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

ok. video data entry from yesterday is finished.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

if it's because of the people, ok. if it's because you're behind at work...you're going. enjoy the time off, darnit!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Ugh...it's payroll day...I hate doing timesheets. I dread this day. I will spend most of the morning filling out timesheets and timesheet summaries.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

btw....a prayer request...
the girl Zach is going to her prom with is very ill.She is in ICU. Her disease has taken a turn and she has fluid building up in her lungs pretty badly right now. They are trying some new medications, but she may wind up needing a lung transplant.

And for once in his life, Zach is keeping up and cheering her on, and reminding her of prom and she has to get well.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

if it's because of the people, ok. if it's because you're behind at work...you're going. enjoy the time off, darnit!

It's both. And it's supposed to rain most of the weekend. And I'm tired and I hurt.

Bill started to say he wanted to go up tonight so we would have the morning to enjoy the falls before his family got there, and that worked out good for me because he was going to meet me in Cleveland and go from there and I would have a couple hours to catch up before he got there...but then he didn't follow through and get ready.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

for you

Yay Zach, keep it up!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I think she just has a lot of driving to do today, Cathy.

Yes, a LOT! A LOT!

and then 5 hours to Niagara!

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae
In response to leebla

morning everyone (i'm not a usual on this thread but i read it all the time, thought i might start posting some) is everyone ready for the weekend?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappin-nae

time to go. back later

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Morning and for Clara

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Nae! Welcome!

I am so ready for the weekend. I'm dog sitting for my mom and scrapping!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Scrapnut16

Hi Laura

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Clara, when you pop in here's a big from me.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Doing the bills is so depressing. It goes so fast.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappin-nae Said:
morning everyone (i'm not a usual on this thread but i read it all the time, thought i might start posting some) is everyone ready for the weekend?

Welcome!!!

but no, I am not ready for the weekend!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Hi Susan!
Looking for ideas for easter cards

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Scrap Chica

I need to make a birthday card this weekend for my friend. I want to do a Twilight themed one cause she loves that. I was thinking of doing a b/w one with small b/w photos (from the internet) and add just a splash of red. But we'll see.

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae

I'm going to have a busy weekend starting this morning. My Aunt Karen is coming over to scrap, she said she needed a 'therapy' day. Tomorrow my mom wants to spend the day shopping all day. Then on Sunday I'm 'moving' to my Aunt Brenda's for a couple of weeks to help take care of her and scrap. (she's having knee surgery today) I think mostly she wants me to be there to help keep her from going nuts stuck in the house, but she's also a scrapper and my best friend so we'll have a blast no matter what we do.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Good morning

for Zach and prayers for her and her family.

Update, she received 2 rounds of tranfusions and we are waiting for the dr to go read the tests this morning. It was a rough night for all of us. Dd took it really hard. I'm at work, talked to my boss and he tells me not to worry about a thing (work). All three brothers were with her yesterday.

And yes, I'm so ready for the weekend.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Elizabeth, did you get the package?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Welcome Nae

Hi Susan, Laura, Liz M, Elizabeth!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Morning Ladies!!!!!It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

prayers and thoughts to Zack and her family

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Jenni - What were YOU doing in the fall of '94 when "ER" debuted? (That's a general "you" - anyone can answer.) - (from the old thread)

I had just moved into my very first apaprtment, I had my very first real job after graduating college, i bought my very first car, and i was "in love" soooo I don't remember much else...hehe

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Welcome Nae
Hi susan, Clara,Laura, elizabeth, and anyone else I may have missed

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Clara and Jennie

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Working on some minutes, and agendas for next week.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Old Post:
  • c-leaper Said:

What were YOU doing in the fall of '94 when "ER" debuted? (That's a general "you" - anyone can answer.)

Let's see fall of '94 I would have been 13 going on 14 so I was in 7th grade. That would be the year of the worst sexual harassment for me by classmates. It was a bad year. It's also the year I really started writing (Had been writing short stories since I was 9 but that year I started my first novel).

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
Jenni - What were YOU doing in the fall of '94 when "ER" debuted? (That's a general "you" - anyone can answer.) - (from the old thread)

I had just moved into my very first apaprtment, I had my very first real job after graduating college, i bought my very first car, and i was "in love" soooo I don't remember much else...hehe

I didn't see this...In the fall of 94 I was starting my Junior year of High School.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Won't be here long. Today is the day we finish everything up with Brian's dad's estate. It took a little over a year to sell everything and get everything in order, but it's done.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Old Post:
  • c-leaper Said:

What were YOU doing in the fall of '94 when "ER" debuted? (That's a general "you" - anyone can answer.)

Let's see fall of '94 I would have been 13 going on 14 so I was in 7th grade. That would be the year of the worst sexual harassment for me by classmates. It was a bad year. It's also the year I really started writing (Had been writing short stories since I was 9 but that year I started my first novel).

I loved writing too! Still do but I don't do it as much as I used to.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Liz

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Hi Susan

I don't write as much as I'd like either. I'd love to finish my current book but just don't have time to sit and work on it and I'm having trouble with the flow of the story. I feel like I'm trying to force it.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Morning Jennie, Clara, Susan, Elizabeth, Liz, Laura and anyone else.

Welcome Nae!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to foltzy

OK...you guys make me feel really OLD...thanks!

Hi Liz...glad everything is finally settled

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to TripletMother

Fall of '94, just college days.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Liz F: I'm glad is settled.

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae

in fall of 94 i was starting my 6th grade school year. i remember that this was one of the shows that i always watched with my parents. growing up i always wanted to work in the medical field so this was a great show to me.

Pawz94
Pawz94 
Veteran
Pawz94
In response to Cracrop

Morning everyone! Fall of '94 I had been married 1 year and we had just fininshed moving into this house. Now I have to go take a shower--DH gets off work at 10 am on Fridays. Next Friday he doesn't even go in because it's Good Friday.
BBL.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • Scrap Happy 2006 Said:

I didn't see this...In the fall of 94 I was starting my Junior year of High School.

I was at the beginning of my 2nd year of college with a cool new roommate - Jill from Mansfield, OH! Everyone from our wing of the dorm gathered in our room to watch ER on Thursday nights.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Hi Denise!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Denise, Bye Denise

Hi Heather

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I'm out of here. See you guys later.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to foltzy

Bye Liz

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Cracrop

Bye Liz

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

bye Liz...have a good day!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Thought it would be a quiet day - nothing going on today. Boy that changed the minute I walked in the door.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

I'm out, going to the back to set up a quiet area.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

Sounds like a heavenly place Clara!!!! See you in a bit!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Newspaper ran an article saying that we received our TAA certification and therefore any job cuts after April 20, those employees woudl be eligible for TAA benefits. They also commented that they (the paper) was not aware of how many jobs were being cut. You can imagine the uproar that it caused this morning. I got hit with it as soon as I walked in the door. What they should have said is IF there are any job cuts, they would be eligible. However, things are picking up for us and we are now back to working 5 day/week production and there are no job cuts being considered.

Needless to say, we are holding meetings trying to assure everybody that this was not communicated properly. We are contacting the newspaper to have them correct in tomorrows paper, we are answering calls from other papers and we are contacting Workforce Development (unemployment office) because they are the ones that reported it to the paper.

Seems to be under control right now - thank heavens!

(sorry you had to hear about this twice Jennie!)

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Look Jenni, Marci, Denise and Monica - I changed my location!!!!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

boss had leaft early this morning for a meeting and locked the door..the other guy who comes in early... is off today..i dont carry my key with me because boss gets to work insanely early...had to wait 20 min for someone else to get here to open the door

Edited by Scrap Happy 2006 on 04-03-09 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

look heather i changed my sigi!!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
boss had leaft early this morning for a meeting and locked the door..the other guy who comes in earlt is off today..i dont carry my key with me because boss gets to work insanely early...had to wait 20 min for someone else to get here to open the door

Oops! Hope you had a good book or magazine in the car to read while you waited! Should have called me. I would have been in route and could have talked to you!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I had my new Memory Makers magazine with me that came last night

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
look heather i changed my sigi!!!!

WOO HOO!! That is cool!!!

Shall I do the same?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I am so ready for this day to be over. I think God is testing me.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

awww susan ...at least its Friday and you dont have to stay to clean

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I am so ready for this day to be over. I think God is testing me.

Hang in there and remember . . .
There is nothing that is going to happen today that you and God can't handle together!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hey here is something fun for everyone to do today:

Birthday Calculator

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

Is this a pleasure trip or a work trip?

{I'm hoping it is pleasure, cause you NEED and DESERVE it}

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
btw....a prayer request...
the girl Zach is going to her prom with is very ill.She is in ICU. Her disease has taken a turn and she has fluid building up in her lungs pretty badly right now. They are trying some new medications, but she may wind up needing a lung transplant.

And for once in his life, Zach is keeping up and cheering her on, and reminding her of prom and she has to get well.

OMG!!! Most certainly prayers!

And good for Zach!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

That cool cathy...thank you

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

It's both. And it's supposed to rain most of the weekend. And I'm tired and I hurt.

Bill started to say he wanted to go up tonight so we would have the morning to enjoy the falls before his family got there, and that worked out good for me because he was going to meet me in Cleveland and go from there and I would have a couple hours to catch up before he got there...but then he didn't follow through and get ready.

OK. I think I followed all of that.

I hope you find some restful/peaceful moments in your weekend.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappin-nae Said:

Hello Nae.

I want it to hurry up and be the weekend. And then I want time to slow down.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:

Birthday Calculator

Thanks Cathy! I emailed it to myself so I can pull up info for lo's for a lo of the boys' birth day.

I learned that I share my birthday with Walt Disney.

It specifically said "Today is not your lucky day." GEE THANKS!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I share my birthday with Sid Vicious and Fred Astaire!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappin-nae Said:
I'm going to have a busy weekend starting this morning. My Aunt Karen is coming over to scrap, she said she needed a 'therapy' day. Tomorrow my mom wants to spend the day shopping all day. Then on Sunday I'm 'moving' to my Aunt Brenda's for a couple of weeks to help take care of her and scrap. (she's having knee surgery today) I think mostly she wants me to be there to help keep her from going nuts stuck in the house, but she's also a scrapper and my best friend so we'll have a blast no matter what we do.

Sounds like you have a close family. And built-in scrapping partners. Hope all goes well with her surgery/recovery

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I am 13,843 days old!!!! Seee told ya I was OLD!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh yes... Jenni's question about what were you doing in the Fall of 1994 when ER debuted....

I was married to my ex, had young children, was a regional IT Director for a LARGE accounting/consulting firm (one of the BIG 8 of course that is now the BIG 3 ), was faced with leaving my career in order to salvage my marriage because he did not support my career or my dreams or anything else for that matter.

I was learning about autism and what this strange diagnosis that only affected 1 in 10,000 (at that time, now 1 in 150) meant for my son.

I spent a lot of time with my aunt and my sister-in-law, two of my best friends. They are both gone now.

My spare time was spent playing with my kids, cross-stitching, crocheting, and cooking.

I weighed less, had longer and more hair, and less wrinkles.

And despite the tragedies and challenges that life has thrown at me since then, I've also been bestowed with many blessings. And I can honestly say that I am happier now than I was then!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:

Yes, but did you see how many seconds you are? You are ancient!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:

What did it say for your dog age? Are you a puppy?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Mine says I can no longer chase cats,

It's not my lucky day!

Gee - this is fun???

I share my bday with MLK

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 5.41800391389433 years old. (You're still chasing cats!)

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

• scrappycath Said:
Oh yes... Jenni's question about what were you doing in the Fall of 1994 when ER debuted....

I was married to my ex, had young children, was a regional IT Director for a LARGE accounting/consulting firm (one of the BIG 8 of course that is now the BIG 3 ), was faced with leaving my career in order to salvage my marriage because he did not support my career or my dreams or anything else for that matter.

I was learning about autism and what this strange diagnosis that only affected 1 in 10,000 (at that time, now 1 in 150) meant for my son.

I spent a lot of time with my aunt and my sister-in-law, two of my best friends. They are both gone now.

My spare time was spent playing with my kids, cross-stitching, crocheting, and cooking.

And despite the tragedies and challenges that life has thrown at me since then, I've also been bestowed with many blessings. And I can honestly say that I am happier now than I was then!

Cathy - YOU are my HERO!!!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Birthday Calculator

Thanks Cathy! I emailed it to myself so I can pull up info for lo's for a lo of the boys' birth day.

One Two of the most creative and inspirational minds of our time!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 4.90724070450098 years old. (You're still chasing cats!)

You are 1,083,319,179 seconds old.

See, I am old/ancient too Jennie! You know I loved you when I said that!!! (Now give me back my RPBC!!)

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• scrappycath Said:
  • TripletMother Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Birthday Calculator

One Two of the most creative and inspirational minds of our time!

AAAWWWW Thanks Cathy! I am blushing!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

• Scrap Happy 2006 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Cathy - YOU are my HERO!!!!!!

Mine too!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 4.90724070450098 years old. (You're still chasing cats!)

You are 1,083,319,179 seconds old.

See, I am old/ancient too Jennie! You know I loved you when I said that!!! (Now give me back my RPBC!!)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Old Post:
  • c-leaper Said:

Ummm, I had so many emotions in reaction to the short post.

First at felt OMG I'm so old.
Then for what a time it was for you.
Then for way to face a challenge and come out better for it!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

What sounds good for lunch today?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • Scrap Happy 2006 Said:

I feel old

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
What sounds good for lunch today?

Food

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Ok...timesheets are done. Now it's lunchtime. I'm starving and I have a headache.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappin-nae Said:
in fall of 94 i was starting my 6th grade school year. i remember that this was one of the shows that i always watched with my parents. growing up i always wanted to work in the medical field so this was a great show to me.

OK, now I'll date myself. I always knew I was headed for the medical field too. When I was a teen I watched EMERGENCY!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• TripletMother Said:
Newspaper ran an article saying that we received our TAA certification and therefore any job cuts after April 20, those employees woudl be eligible for TAA benefits. They also commented that they (the paper) was not aware of how many jobs were being cut. You can imagine the uproar that it caused this morning. I got hit with it as soon as I walked in the door. What they should have said is IF there are any job cuts, they would be eligible. However, things are picking up for us and we are now back to working 5 day/week production and there are no job cuts being considered.

Needless to say, we are holding meetings trying to assure everybody that this was not communicated properly. We are contacting the newspaper to have them correct in tomorrows paper, we are answering calls from other papers and we are contacting Workforce Development (unemployment office) because they are the ones that reported it to the paper.

Seems to be under control right now - thank heavens!

(sorry you had to hear about this twice Jennie!)

Oh my goodness! I can imagine the panic!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

from old thread

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessMarci Said:
hi all

got some bad news tonight.. my QB for the Bears.. just got traded to the Broncos!

im pretty bummed out! thats my QB from Purdue! and now i wont get to watch him as often because hes not in a team thats as close as Chicago is

Whoawhoawhoa...are you talking about Grossman?? Or one of the other QBs?

no Orton was the Bears QB...

Page 1 of 25 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics