Page 178 of 178 
Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Scrap-Time

Hi ladies, been reading along but not posting much, just busy with everyday life. It's been quite around here and since I'm not on Facebook don't know what's going on with everyone.

Kathy, Father's Day is June 18th, so if the dates you mention (June 22-25) is correct I don't have a problem with it so far. But it doesn't look like there are many of us that can make it. So far I'm in. Have you heard anything from Genie?

Christine, I'll be glad to meet you at the airport again, I know it's too early to know for sure but hope it works out again.

Will check back soon

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

Thanks Tena, I really hope to come again this year.

I'm heading to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic next week. It has been crazy busy since the start of the year.

Talk soon.

Christine

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

OMG I'm trying to scrapbook!! I hope it comes back!! Working on my girlfriends wedding album that is WAY over do.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Too funny Kathy, I'm sure it'll come back, you did a great job with the wedding page for Christine.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

That was the only scrapbook page in over a year that I have done!! Well of course I had to start with a hard one...they took an old time photo in Eureka Springs so it has a vintage feel to it. I don't do Vintage...where is Bev when you need her!!! But any way as I started looking through ALL my stuff I kept finding stuff I could use...who knew!!! I almost have it done and didn't even have to go to the store!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Can't wait to see your lo, Kathy! As for me, I have had some vintage pics on my table for almost two weeks--just can't get inspired.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to scrapperbee

Bev I googled vintage layouts, old time photo layouts (anything close to what I was doing) and found one that inspired it. Once I got clicking I found out that the layout came from scrapbook.com. This was my inspiration:

Daddy's Girl By Scrappygal50

I hope to get a photo tomorrow when the sun is out. Then I'll post mine (with faces blurred).

So google the type of layout and maybe you will find inspiration. You will see mine isn't as fancy but you can see where I got my inspiration.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Girls - I just got an email from Travelocity saying they have flights under $200. PM me your email and I will forward it to you. Or go there and see what a ticket would cost you!!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Kathy, can't wait to see your page...that's a great inspiration layout you choose. I need to get going on my cards for this month since it's almost over.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

I finally looked at the news today and saw San Jose having horrible flooding...I knew CA was but wasn't sure on areas. Any who I got hold of Amy on email and she is fine. Just having to learn to drive in the rain again since they were without it for so long!!!
Just case you were wondering like me.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Hello! Hello! Hello!
where is everyone? I miss the group.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Miss everyone too -- Kathy, have you heard anything about the dates or crop from Genie? Would really like to get the dates nailed down and start making plans.

Do you think that we have enough interested this year to have the crop?

Hope everyone is doing well, will check back later

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

I have not heard from Genie and not sure who can make it except Bev and Minday are out last I read. I might be out now as work just told me I might have to go to some training for that week. But they haven't said for sure yet.
So maybe if we can move dates get more coming?
Cathy is going to try to come again just waiting to hear on date.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

I got an envelope from CP during the baby's birthday/surgery madness. He's one already!!! He had a minor outpatient surgery a couple of days after to correct an undescended ********. All went well. He's walking, dancing, singing, and says 10 or so words. And this boy loves his food!
Anyway, my point is that I can't find it right now. It got "cleaned up" in the birthday party cleaning madness. We're going to be away most of the weekend, but I'll try to find it and give you the dates on it. I think it's the same weekend we've been using, though. I don't know if I'm in or not; I know he can handle it, but I really hate to leave Andy with three kids for that long. They all have their challenges!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

How funny. T e s t i c l e is a bad word!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Pookahbot

Hi ladies jci,

Genie, glad his surgery went well and what little boy doesn't love food LOL, will check back later for dates.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

I'm alive! Just busy. Let me know what dates we decide on.
xoxoxo

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

Well I got word that I have to go to the leadership training so I will not be able to go this year. I don't think Nancy can go either. She and her hubby drove through town yesterday so we got to eat dinner with them.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

We are pretty much booked up for all this summer and fall. We have more fall weddings here than summer because of how pretty the property is here in the fall. So I don't think I can squeeze a full weekend in here for everyone to come now. But, if we wanna plan it of here next year, we can do that and I can set aside a weekend. My life of doing anything on the weekends from May-Oct is now gone.

We did have a stressful but good weekend. We had our first Spring Craft Show here that a friend of mine and I put together. It was a HUGE success. Far more people than I ever expected. All the vendors were very happy and we have had a lot of people asking to do another one soon and extend it out onto the property so it can be bigger. We had 30 vendors and a food truck and had to turn away countless more due to the space of the hall. So we are likely gonna give it another try later this summer or early fall. However, Ryan and I almost killed each other this weekend because of it. So, we'll see if he agrees to another one or not. In almost 18 years of marriage I don't recall ever a time that we were both so mad at each other at the same time. By the end of Saturday night we were doing what we could to avoid each other to not snap again. Thankfully no one was killed or maimed and neither of us needed bail money. So, thats a plus.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Pookahbot

• Pookahbot Said:
How funny. T e s t i c l e is a bad word!

Oh, such language you use Genie Smith!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to mindyradio

Howdy. I haven't been scrapping lately.
I was having a Friday night at my house scrapnight up until the holidays and just haven't re started it.

Flooding in San Jose, CA. Although it didn't effect our property (stopped us from going to Monterey Bay Aquarium one day) it was close to my house. I live an hour from the beach. To get there, you go over the Santa Cruz Mountains (which I have friends who live there). So many friends were taking 4-5 hours or just couldn't get home due to poor conditions, washed out roads, fallen trees. And the flooding (as seen on TV) was a small area of low income housing that was known to flood. I feel so sorry for those people because they were mostly renters who lost their stuff without renters insurance and now the apartments are condemned so they also had to find a new home.

Work (at the winery) is less fun because of a staff change. This too shall pass or I'll get used to it or I'll leave. Blah. But lots busier. And most of it is not productive work so that's frustrating.

I've read a bit of this string. Sounds like not many (if any are traveling to scrap this year). Hope next year we can get more and I can join you. I have several trips already planned for this summer so don't think I should financially squeeze it in.

I guess because I haven't been on sb.com in awhile but its really hard for me to refind this favorite topic now that TOPICs is not in the header. Might be user error or lack of use, but it has kept me away.

Sending love to you all. Hope you get some crafting done. Hugs to those in need.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to AllAmy

Amy and Mindy, nice to hear from you two. Mindy, glad your craft fair was a success and even happier that you and Ryan got through it without needing bail money LOL, now you two know how to make it work if he agrees to another one.

Well, I don't think the crop is going to work out this year since there are so many who can't make it. We don't have a lot of travel planned this year as we are making some huge home repairs and other purchases (getting these out the way before Matt retires) but planning on a few next year and hopefully a cruise through Spain.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

Amy -

At the bottom of this page is a button you can press to save in Favorites. Then if you look at the top there is a button "My Account" hover on it and several options pop up. Go to Forum Info and click on it. All the ones you saved as favorite are there.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Hello friends. Reading along, and sad to hear our crop may not happen this year. Boo. I'm sitting in the airport now heading to Dallas. Back home Friday.hope everyone's doing okay, glad to see Minday and Amy on here although I do keep up with them on FB.
It's crazy here, what else is new. My folks are heading out on a 3 month trip to Canada and I know it sounds bad but I'm looking forward to the time away from them. Let's leave it at that. Smile.
I have a trip planned to St. Thomas USVI in April as well as heading down to Bolivia end of that month too. Yep, it never ends.
Well, I will keep checking in to see if they're any updates on the crop but it's not looking so good is it. I'm sad. Sigh.
Love you all, be good and stay safe.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

Hello!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

I just got off the phone with Cathy!!! She's coming to see me in May.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

I have the paperwork, arrival June 23. Are we thinking it's not going to happen this year?

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Pookahbot

June 22 - 25 (if we still get Thurs)

Kathy D - no
Nancy - prob no
Minday -
Cathy -
Genie -
Amy - no
Christine - maybe
Tena - yes
Bev - no
Rebecca -
Nancy -

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

It will be a no for me on that weekend. Also, we already have 6 weddings booked for next summer/fall. 2 are in June already.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

It's going to be a no for me too this year, with so many not being able to make it, we have made plans to travel that weekend. Maybe next year will work out better. I'll miss seeing everyone.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

Hello everybody. I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything recently at home and at work. Note to self - Do not schedule back to back assignments . Off to Santa Cruz, Bolivia tomorrow for the week. Back home on Saturday and back in office on Monday. It will be 3 weeks out of the office and I can feel myself starting to hyperventilate already. Hope you girls are doing okay. I'm reading along and guessing with so many nos that our crop won't happen this year. Bummer I was looking forward to it. Oh well. Talk soon. Please be safe and love to all.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Hi everyone,

Christine, so sorry that things are a bit overwhelming right now, hope you're able to take some much needed "me" time soon. I'm gonna miss seeing everyone this year too. We've been really busy but getting lots of things off our check list from around the house. But I need to find some time to scrap, I could really use some scrap therapy right now

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Tena E.

I just realized I never finished Ryan's Grandma's calendar this year for Christmas. I usually mail it to her. She is coming home for the summer from Florida and it's still not done. Do I go crazy and try to finish it up before next weekend when we see her? OY, My stuff is all scattered. Ryan took some to the basement, so is in the sunroom, and some is still in storage int he barn. I'm such a dork!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Minday - I'm sure she will understand that with buying the property and working it things are not set up to make a gift. Maybe make one on-line and have it printed? Tell her sorry things were hectic hopefully this year can go back to handmade?
Life is too short to be stressing and not enjoying it. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

How's things going?

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hi ladies, remember me? I haven't been on this site in almost a year. I hope you all are doing well. I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to dancinirish90

Hi Lisa!!! So excited to see you! Hope you are doing okay. You still at same address?

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hi Kathy! Yep, same address.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Lisa - So your avatar has a filter on it? Are you blond now?

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

Lisa, so good to see you here again, I've missed you!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Tena E.

Hello!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Pookahbot

Hi Genie!!!
how are you? How's the kiddos?

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Hi! Checking in again. Hi Tena! I've missed you too! Hope everyone's summer is getting off to a good start.

The last month here has been busy. Cassie finished her sophomore year on May 12th, and she and I left for 9 days at Disney World on the 18th. It was fantastic spending adult time with her, and we got to meet my cousin's baby so that was the highlight of the trip. Since we've been back, we've been trying to organize all the stuff that came home from her dorm room into what we're going to move into her apartment next week to get it out of the way and what she still needs here for the summer. Also, I'm having my ducts sealed next week, so we're working on purging clutter so they can get to every duct and vent in the house with their equipment. It's a mess.

Besides that, Cassie is taking a class at the community college nearby this summer to finish her last gen ed so she'll have more flexibility in her schedule at school to get all her major and minor classes in. That started Monday.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I quit my bartending job in April. I have been feeling a lot better physically since then just from getting my sleep schedule more regulated. The hours were killing me along with the physical demands of carrying cases and kegs up and down stairs. Then there was the stress. One night last fall, we had a girl leave our bar and die in a car accident. I had already clocked out when she came in, so it had nothing to do with me, but I was sitting with her friends at the bar for part of the night. It's a long story, but in the end, the police ruled it a suicide - she deliberately drove her SUV into a tree - and neither the bar nor my co-worker had any liability, but it was devastating. She was 26. There are some other tragic stories, and some other just ridiculous ones, with fights, and fraud, and drama, and I just had to remove myself from all of it. I'm still on good terms with them, and they keep trying to get me to come back, but I am planning to take the summer off and then regroup when Cassie goes back to school to figure out what to do next.

SO, I'm hoping to get more scrapping done. I had that little spurt last month before Cassie got home, and that was it because I ran out of pictures, and I didn't have the time anyway. But I spent the last few evenings editing pictures and planning pages, so I am going to print photos today for 16 LO's! It might take me all summer to do that many, but I hope not. I really, really want to do some catching up. I'm now officially 7 years behind.

Sorry to babble!

Oh, Kathy, I've always been some level of blonde, which varies, and has more or less red, highlights, lowlights, etc. Except for about a year & 1/2 back in 2008-9 when I went dark brunette. My natural color is (or was) a medium blond/light brown, but it's probably mostly gray now judging by my roots between touch ups. LOL I happen to be in a pretty light blonde phase right now - and it bleached out even more while I was in Florida. I'll have more lowlights put in to darken it up a bit when fall comes around.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Hey ya'll. We are in the height of busy season. So it's crazy here. I did get to see Cathy last weekend a bit while she was here. I'm hoping to do a few crafty things for my nieces grad party next month. They are coming up from SC to have it here where all the family is. Other than that, just work and dental surgeries. My 2nd one is done. It was 2 hours under sedation, the first surgery was 3 1/2 hours under. I'm healing much better from this one. I've decided to put off the last 2 surgeries until the late fall/winter. It's just too busy right now to be down that long.

OH, I never did finish the calendars. But of course, they were understanding. Hope all is well. Definitely missing you guys this summer.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Going to share this GoFundMe account because I believe in it and I'm afraid the non-profit organization is going to go out of business due to no donations. I will also include the facebook page so you can go to the ABOUT tab and read about this agency. Even if you can't give if you could share this so more people can see it and if they can give they will. If you have questions feel free to PM me.

https://www.gofundme.com/us-honor-flag-honorin g-fl-hero...

https://www.facebook.com/USHonorFlag/

It is tax deductible.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies, just reading along. It's good to see new posts here.

Lisa, I so remember all of the collage things you and Cassie are going through right now. Anitra moved into her first apartment after her freshman year, it was much cheaper for her living there than in the dorm with out of state tuition. She also took classes during the summer, they definitely helped her stay on track and graduate on time. And in case you haven't heard Anitra bought her first townhouse last June, she been a homeowner for about a year now and she loves it. Very sad to hear about your friend/co-worker but glad you're getting a chance to regroup.

Mindy, glad you're healing well from all the dental procedures, take care of yourself, I know you have tons of stuff to do but take some time to enjoy the summer.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

• Scrap-Time Said:
Going to share this GoFundMe account because I believe in it and I'm afraid the non-profit organization is going to go out of business due to no donations. I will also include the facebook page so you can go to the ABOUT tab and read about this agency. Even if you can't give if you could share this so more people can see it and if they can give they will. If you have questions feel free to PM me.

https://www.gofundme.com/us-honor-flag-honorin g-fl-hero...

https://www.facebook.com/USHonorFlag/

It is tax deductible.

Hi Kathy, will send this to Matt at the station today and ask that his co-workers share and past it on. Definitely a great organization.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

thank you Tena.
He was in Florida today for the 2 EMS that died this week in the car accident.

Edited by Scrap-Time on 06-08-17 11:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Tena, congrats to Anitra on her home! That's very exciting!

Kathy, thanks for sharing this worthy cause!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Glad to see all the new posts!

We just got back from a trip to Paris--plus were in the Chicago area for my step-mom's memorial the middle of May. Now hope to get to enjoy summer before we start plans with family the middle of July.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Made a donation, Kathy!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

We've had Ryan family from California and my family from South Carolina here back to back for the last week and a half. So I'm playing catch-up on a lot of things today. We're very busy right now. So no time to craft, but I did get to decorate the hall for my nieces grad party and Missie and I made pretty much all the decorations for it. So at least I got to do that. Hope everyone is well.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Hello! Nothing fun this summer for me....studying for the next promotion. Will be glad when I don't have to take any more exams!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

How are you my darlings. I have missed you all so much.
I can't remember when last I logged on here. And absolutely no scrapping going on for me in the longest while. So even though I have been keeping up with a few of you on FB, I hope the whole gangs doing ok.
I've been busy traveling, doing a little of the South American route these days (Bolivia and Peru) and I have a trip to Guatemala planned for August. And Mexico planned for Sep.
Now that my office has moved from Miami to Dallas, a 4 hour meeting takes me three days to come and go. Sucks totally. And I have 2 of those coming up soon.
Anyhow, I really just wanted to pop in and let you all know I am still hanging in there. Having a few anxiety issues pop up again, and I am supposedly peri-menopausal. Oh joy.
I am waiting on some blood work results to come back, testing my thyroid, cholesterol, blah blah blah.

Love you all. xoxoxox

Page 178 of 178 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics