Page 177 of 177 
Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Claggy

Mac is going through some kind of growth spurt and is whiny and not sleeping, which makes me whiny, too.
Ellie is loving first grade and her new teacher (she's new to the school, too). She is adorable, a new graduate. And she's awesome with the kids.
I managed to hurt myself at the gym today--hit myself in the face with a 53 lb kettlebell during a sumo deadlift. Thankfully, I only chipped my tooth, it could have been worse.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Pookahbot

Genie - that doesn't sound good. I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse. I jacked up my lower back and hips but I don't know what I did. Getting a massage on Tuesday hopefully that will calm it down.

Spending the weekend with my hubby since Tuesday is his birthday. We went to a Greek Festival tonight. Nothing big but got to eat Greek food! Oh and we took photographs dressed up in toga's!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Scrap-Time

Genie-Even a chipped tooth can hurt. Sleep on it--if Mac will let you.

Kathy-Hope the massage works. Sounds like Patrick had a great birthday! I wanna see the toga pic!!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Claggy

Sorry I've been so absent lately. Computer trouble up the wazz-zoo. We bought me a new iMac. But the transition hasn't been seamless (which Mac should be) and my iPhone has a chip on the motherboard loose (no-one fixes that and looks to be prevalent with the iPhone 6 Plus) but Apple doesn't care because its just over a year old. So frustrated with AV.

Logged onto sb.com and see the forum section moved and I now have to search for my Favs. Grrrrrr

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

Amy, yes, grrr.

But you can go to control panel and then to favorite topics.
Or
You can go to my account, then favorites, then favorite forum topics.

Probably other ways too.

Obviously, getting to favorites was not a priority when they redid the buttons.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to scrapperbee

I have always hit My Account (with my picture next to it at the very top) and a drop bar comes down and hit forum info. Then all of them pop up. Nothing has changed there. There is a forum topic that people have posted suggestions.

Hi Amy glad to see you!

Edited by Scrap-Time on 09-11-16 07:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

But then, I have a shortcut that goes straight to my favorite topics. That didn't change.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been here in awhile...no excuse just busy especially since Matt has had a few days off, so good been able to spend some time together. He goes back to his regular schedule on Saturday. I have to say that we've been eating out a lot more and I love not cooking.

Amy, hope you get everything going with your new computer soon.

Genie, the tooth things sounds a little painful, glad you didn't do anymore damage.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

Amy - my computer (well husband's old one) is on its last leg. It has been. Every time it has to be restarted I have to pray and try starting it multiple times and luckily it has eventually always came back on. Well, couldn't live knowing it was dying and could be anytime so went and got a new PC. Have to have a desktop...I'm old fashion. So spent the day backing up all my files so I can transfer them once hubby can put in the new computer....he has big project at work due Monday so won't be till after that.

Really need to make cards. Need more time in the day!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Amy-Mac (the computer, not Genie's cute boy) makes my head spin. I have both formats at school with multiple devices. Too confusing...

Kathy-glad you have a new computer! I totally understand needing 30 hr days!

Tena-always good to have a few days to spend with the hubs! I would think he must be getting close to retirement soon.

School is kicking my bootie! Positive note, we were able to send a particularly horrible student to our alternative ed center. This 8 yr old monster continually threatened to get a gun and kill his teacher (his mom thought it was funny because "where is an 8 yr old going to get a gun?" Seriously!!!) and then he physically attacked our Teaching Asst. leaving her bruised and with a torn shirt. We threatened to file police reports and look into a restraining order. They gave him a 10 day suspension. This child will be in Juvie, a grave or wheelchair before he is 18 if his mother doesn't start to take responsibility for his upbringing.

My class, on the other hand, is coming along very s-l-o-w-l-y! But hey, it is what it is! If it gets to be too much--I'm out!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Claggy

I agree, Kathy! enjoy my phone for some things, but I want a desktop computer!

Haven't made a lo or a card since when to Phoenix over Labor Day. Life just keeps getting in the way--not bad, just busy. Today we totally emptied, sorted, and powerwashed the garage and patio. Now waiting for all to dry so we can put what's left (still to much) back

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Kathy & Nancy, not sure why you two are up so late LOL, I had to take some meds for a headache and couldn't go back to sleep.

Nancy, yes...Matt has less than 3 years until it's time for him to retire and I'm counting them down, looking forward to being able to spend more time together.

Kathy, I still like having a desktop PC as my main computer, I do have a laptop and my iPad but I'm old fashion too. BTW, I made a few more cards, will get them posted later today.

Okay, I'm off to bed again

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Tena E.

Tena - I wasn't up late that night but I was last night because he had Street Rod Nationals in town and had to work till 0100. So I'm exhausted tonight and will be going to bed soon. I had a small laptop and husbands old Ipad. But while he picked up my computer he saw a huge laptop for 200.00 so he got it. So now I have a HUGE laptop too! It was an open box item so was totally marked down.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

OH, I can't live with my Mac (that includes Genies Mac-Man.....seriously adore that little man). We have like 8 Apple products and 1 PC. I had to use the PC to look up tax info that was saved on it a few weeks ago and it took everything I had not to throw it out the window. Nancy, I can't imagine going back and forth now. That would get very frustrating.

Nancy, You know I think you're a super hero. I signed up to volunteer and read to Ian's 1st grade class every week and I'm wondering why I did that now. But I know you can do it, you've made it through tougher years, you can make it through this one.

Genie, hows your tooth doing? Is Mac-Man feeling better and sleeping better? I almost for a slipt second, in church this Sunday considered a another baby. There was a boy, about Connor's age, taking care of his little sister who about 2ish, without anyone telling him to. He was so sweet and caring with her through the whole day. I could see Connor being that way with a little sister since he's (usually) so good and helpful with Ian. But then Ian started acting up and my ovaries jumped out of my body and ran across the street and got hit by a car. So I'm good now..........ROFL!!!!!!

The boys are doing very well in their new school. They both say they like it much better and people are nicer. They both have nice teachers. Ian's is in her first year and super excited to be teaching. She's also gorgeous, so that doesn't hurt. He's such a ladies man. Connor seems to be more settle here too. He started a running club at school and then we're still taking him over to the old school for soccer. SO, so far, so good. Things are starting to slow down here a bit. I'm seriously considering tearing out most of the landscaping and starting over with a more simple plan. I just don't have the time or desire to keep up with all the weeding right now. Ryan is never home now anymore. Between some big murder cases, herion ODs, and he started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu again, we just never see him. So I am literally taking care of everything here. Hopefully that will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to mindyradio

Mindy-Right now I would relish hanging out in the natural world, but my allergies wouldn't hear of it! I love this time of year! But I can't imagine you managing all of the yard work by yourself. That seems unimaginable! Praying that your body holds up.

Good news/Bad new (however you want to look at it), the horrid monster child at school was suspended indefinitely-he brought a handgun to school. Fortunately he told a classmate who told me. I got the principal and we checked his backpack. VIOLA! One 45 semi-automatic with one in the chamber. I unloaded it because they were all too scared. Geesh!

On another note, a former student that I was quite fond of died in a car accident Sat. I am heartbroken. He was only 18.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Claggy

Oh Nancy, so sad to hear about the death of your former student...and I'm so glad you were able to get the gun from the other student, this could have gone so wrong. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Mindy, I had to LOL at your ovaries comment. Glad things are slowing down and the boys are settling into their new schools but sorry you're having to do so much by yourself, I totally get how busy Ryan is...the military owes me so many years I can't get back.

Kathy, hope you able to get some rest...please stay safe!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

hey ladies. doing a drive by and catching up.
Mindy - you made me laugh so much.
Well busy as usual, on top of which we are bracing for a possible hurricane come Sunday/Monday. Still far away but tracking our way and picking up strength.
Talk soon. Love you all . Be good and stay safe.
Oh Tena, Megan was in Atlanta last week Thursday to Monday visiting the boyfriend who attends Emory University (Yes they're still quite a thing) She loved it over there.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cveira

Christine-Batten down those hatches and stay safe!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Claggy

Thanks Nancy. It's still tracking our way at a category 4 hurricane. Not looking good good for us at this moment. Did the emergency supplies shopping today, got gas for the generator, bottled water etc. tomorrow husband and Meg will go up on the roof and do what they can up there, Sunday we will go get mother in law early and secure her house and bring her to stay with us, then we will start putting up our shutters. Then the waiting game begins. At least the timeline shows hitting us early Monday morning. Daytime much less scarier than when a hurricane hits you at night. Been through several bad ones at night. Anxiety hadn't started to set in as yet, most likely by tomorrow evening I will be a wreck. Talk soon. Send some good wishes our way that the track changes. Don't mind the hurricane force winds and rain but need that eye to stay away.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Christine, I'm so glad you popped in today, was going to email you since I'm not on Facebook. I wanted to make sure you're safe with the hurricane coming your way. Will definitely keep you and the family in my prayers.

Glad Megan had a great visit with the BF and being in Atlanta...please keep us updated when you can and stay safe!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

Praying for all of you down there, but especially you and your family, Christine!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Christine-praying for you. Hoping the family is safe.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Claggy

Christine, hope all is well so far. My twin sister Missie was ordered to evacuate their house outside of Charleston SC by 3:00pm today. Originally they were going to come up here since their RV was in the shop. But the guy working on it called and asked them to come get it so he could close up too. So instead they are taking the RV and going inland to a favorite campground until Sunday.

Nancy, Thank God you were able to deal with the gun situation before it became a real problem. Hopefully having him out of the classroom will help settle things down for you.

Well, our BIG NEWS is we SOLD OUR HOUSE! It will close in about a week. We only have a few more things to get out. So after we are all paid up, we can start banking pretty much most of Ryan's Sheriffs office checks. The business pays for the bills at this house since we are running the cabins out of the house. So other than car, food, and such, the rest can go in the bank. I'm hoping for lots of winter crafting money! lol

OH, and Ian has Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease and has been sick since friday night and home from school all this week so far. The sores in his mouth are terrible. He can hardly talk or eat. Have I ever mentioned how CRANKY Ian and I both get when we are hungry. It hasn't been pleasant here. In fact, yesterday I begged Ryan to bring home gas for the mowers so I could at least get outside and mow and get out of the sick house for a bit. Seriously people, I was begging to MOW! You know that's bad. LOL

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

Minday, you make me lol. Can you believe that I'm not entirely sure that we're done? Even with all the sleepless nights and whatnot.
Mac is 7 months old. He has 6 teeth and is wearing 12 month clothes. He sits on his own, rolls both ways, and occasionally gets up on all fours. He loves FOOD and we've yet to find a food that he doesn't like. Ellie is doing well in first grade, or at least, she loves it. We have conferences tomorrow so I guess we'll find out if it's all as great as she says. We haven't started school yet with Evie, but dance is going well. They've got a couple of performances with the Company this week, and Nutcracker rehearsals are in full swing. She's going to be the Kissing Doll this year, and is also a principal dancer in the Reeds and Snow Corps.
Andy's company finally gave up the ghost and have rented a very small space to house their servers and give them a physical address; they all work from home now. It's nice, and I'm glad they kind of did it gradually to get used to it. It's weird to feel like I'm working more than he is!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Pookahbot

Love you gals!

Just driving by to say "hi" and let you know I'm praying for you all!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Nancy - so excited that you have been able to stop by and say hello during the school year. I love not having to miss you during the school year!!! How's school going since trouble maker isn't there any more?

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

School is hectic, but I'm working hard to find balance!

I've done a bit of scrapping--but no LOs. Participated in a few swaps. Makes me happy and having a deadline keeps me on my toes!

I love looking at all your cards. I don't always have time to comment, but I see most of them!

Waiting to hear how Christine has fared. Saying many prayers in the meantime!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Claggy

Hey girls, sorry I didn't check back in. We didn't get anything from Matthew. Can you imagine. Not that I'm complaining or anything cause he did wreak a lot of havoc in his path. And we'll I did get a day off from work. What can I say. Better safe than sorry. Been catching up. Nancy, you are a saint. Don't know how you do it. But thank god for people like you. Can we clone you?
Minday, hope Ian is on the mend. Ummm, my lawn needs mowing. Hint hint.
Genie you crack me up. Trust me I love kids, kinda regret not having more. But that ship has long sailed for me. Not opposed to having any more, I'm just not pushing it out of this old body. Lol.
So for the first time since we had the break in at home in July I'm actually in my scrap room. Figured I really should get that wedding scrapbook finished for my nephew and niece in law at least by Christmas, good intentions and all that.
Love you guys, talk soon. I promise to stop by more often.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to cveira

Glad all is well, Christine.

Keeping checked in but on the road

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Thank you for checking in Christine. My twin sister, Missie, lives outside of Charleston SC where Matthew made landfall here. They boarded up and evacuated into NC for the long weekend. They were very lucky. The water never made it to the into the structure. They have it built well above the flood line on stilts. They had wind/tree damage to the house, but nothing her husband can't fix. The property ground is still a bit wet. So they can't take the RV back there yet. They were gonna stay in the RV until it was safe to go back in the house and they had power.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Glad all the peeps are safe!!!!! Matthew packed a vicious punch.

3 more days of school and then a 5 day fall break. I need it. This has been one tough year so far. Not as bad as my last crazy school, but very difficult. My students are very immature and trying to teach them is like wrangling snakes.

Tough day!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Well I was suppose to go see my aunt in OK today but got sick Monday night so thought I should wait. When I called her today she said she wasn't doing well but on antibiotics so she would be fine. Her sister just texted because Aunt Evelyn told her the doctor wanted her to go to the doctor for possible congestive heart failure. So I will be driving there tomorrow (5 hours) to check on her and return on Friday.

So I will check in before I leave but she lives in no where OK so no internet there!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

Just a drive buy. Really missing you ladies tonight.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Pookahbot

I miss everyone too!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

We've all gotten too dang busy! But we still love and care for each other. Remember that!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Nancy - how was your trip to Missouri? Are you back to school this week?

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Been checking in. Just too tired to type.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Sorry Kathy-I've been busy with report cards-my nemesis!

Our trip was good, but ended getting bronchitis. Having trouble knocking this out. On my second round of antibiotics. The only thing they seem to be doing is making my gut hurt! I hate being sick!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Oh bronchitis is no fun!! I hope you get to feeling better. Hope grade cards almost done too.

I went and saw my aunt again since she was so sick last time. She is doing better but is getting home bound. But the good thing is she is going to start letting her church friends help her cause she doesn't want me to have to make so many trips. She wants me to visit but feels guilty. I try to explain she is family so I'm still coming every couple months. She was the one to always take care of everyone in the family so she isn't use to getting help...but is slowing learning at 86 she needs some help.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

hola chicas. doing a drive by.
LOVE YA.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

Wow! Des Moines Iowa is a little close to home. I lived there in high school and have family in Redfield. Crazy world we live in.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Uugh had to get up at 6:30 this morning to work 0900- 7 pm today. Tomorrow is even worse...I have to get up at 0345 am!!!! to work from 0530-3:30 pm. Bass Pro has a marathon on Sunday and they didn't get enough people to work so they adjusted our schedule this weekend. YUCK!! There is a reason I work 1130- 9:30 pm...I don't do early morning well!! I know for you morning people that do this every day you are laughing at me. Laugh away this sucks!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cveira

Hola Christine!!!

Kathy, I love your heart!

Hey, I posted in our gallery area. It is a pocket letter I made for Rebecca. She loved it. If you want to take a peek, hop on over or stop by my gallery.

I'm leaving Tues. night to stay with a friend in Kansas, then we are hopping over to Carthage, MO (Precious Moments museum & chapel are there) to catch a bus full of church ladies. Then its's on to Nashville for a 3 day Prayer Conference. Hoping to relax and get closer to God, but tonight I am feeling tense just getting everything done before I go.

Love you all!!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Claggy

Hi everybody! We just had Connors 12th Birthday weekend. We had a lot going on. Everything went well and we all survived. But I am behind on work. So after I slept in today (kids soccer team lock-in with no sleep finally caught up with me) I have a ton of work to do. We are definitely slowing down now. No one baked this week so far at all until the weekend. So hopefully I will be able to start crafting soon. I did finish a football baby cocoon and hat for my newest great nephew to be born any day now. Craft room isn't set up yet. We're still working on the heating issues in the sun room/craft room. But I'm hopeful I can work in there soon.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

So I know I don't have all the excitement of kids in my life but I am the mother to a fish. And you would be surprised how much excitement this has been!!! You see last Spring I had to get a new Molly Fish because the last one died. So the employee grabbed a big black one that looked different then the rest. I wasn't sure of this fish but since the employee already had it I figured what the heck. WRONG!! I should of made him dump her back in and get a new fish!!! Well unknown to me she was a female...a pregnant female. You see once they do their dirty business they can have babies up to 6 months!! So last summer (right before the trip) she had about 30 babies!!! I moved them to a small tank I had. About a month later she had 2 more babies. I left them in the tank with her because I was trying to get the 30 big enough that a pet store would take them. So I gave one of the babies that was with her to a school I helped set up a tank. I then took the grown babies to the pet store. So that left me with momma and one baby. Well what would you know that baby was a BOY!!! and Momma got pregnant AGAIN and had 50 babies almost 2 months ago!!! So I put those babies in the small tank again and took the BOY to the pet store!! Well probably 20 babies have died so I'm down to 30ish. Well I kept thinking she was going to pop out 2 more like she did last time. WRONG!!! Tonight I walk by the tank and what do I see??? At least 28 BABIES in the tank with momma. What the heck!! I have the most fertile fish in all of history!!! I'm so done with being a tank momma. I have to clean out BOTH tanks every couple days or at least add water. I have to change the filter at least every couple days now and I go through fish food like I'm feeding teenagers!! I know I know....it's not the same but it still SUCKS!!!

I just all thought you would like to know what I have been up to in my life!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

I cannot stop laughing. That is so funny! Did you name her Myrtle, as in Fertile Myrtle?

I needed a laugh tonight and this fit the bill!

Hope she doesn't pop more babies and that she is DONE!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Yes that is what we have been calling her. The other words have to be censored....ok just me calling her names!! Patrick keeps laughing at me. I have had fish for 6 years now and never had a baby factory!! I sent you a picture cause I didn't want you to miss out on what I saw walking by the tank!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Kathy, at least the rest of us can enjoy your fish--great story!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

So today's story is about me getting yelled at by an old lady at the retirement home!! I got some special orders last week when I was there. This lady requested 5 Christmas Church cards (the ones I did last year) and then she picked out a butterfly card and wanted it made into a birthday card for her daughter-in-law. So I came up with sayings where she liked her DIL and saying that were generic case she didn't like her.
I knock on the door and the husband lets me in. He recognizes me and yells at her that the card lady was there. She is standing in the kitchen and when she sees me she says, "I thought I told you to put them in my cubby hole (where in house mail goes)." I tell her that I have saying for her DIL's birthday card. She says she didn't order one. (Apparently she has some memory issues). The husband explains she did order one and to get over there and pick out a saying. She is staring at the card and still lost. She again says she didn't order it even though I knew her DIL's name was Jan and made sayings with her name in it. She finally picks a saying and I put it in the card.
I then tell her that I will have her 5 Christmas cards in her cubby hole next week. She snaps off and says "You said I would have them Tuesday. Today. What good does it do if I can't have my cards." (I was in shock that she remembers that but not the birthday card....and yells at me about it!!) I tried to explain that Christmas was over a month away and I was trying to get the birthday card to her. She still not happy and asked me where her Christmas cards were. Her husband tried to help me but I finally just said I will bring them tomorrow.

So I told my husband we were going out to eat cause I got yelled at by an old lady!!! Dinner and my glass of white Zinfandel were very good!!!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

Hey guys. Still not enough sleep. Mac goes to sleep around 9-10, but then wakes around 1-2 and 4-5. So much ugh. He usually just wants to nurse back to sleep. We've tried a couple of times to put him back down without it, but he's not having it and we're just too tired to keep trying. So I guess he's a boobie-sleeping-in-mommy' s-bed boy.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

And the fishies made me giggle!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Pookahbot

Kathy you're a good soul. Bless you.
I'm running to catch a flight to Haiti. Be back at the end of the week. That's it for me after this trip until next year. I'm tired. Talk soon!!!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cveira

Boobie Babies, yelling senile old women, and trips to Haiti.

What a busy bunch we are!

Hugs friends!!!!!!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Claggy

It just kind of struck me that I haven't scrapped a single page of my sweet baby boy.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Pookahbot

Oh no!! I'm sure you have tons of photos of that cutie!! Well can't wait to see a page!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Perhaps you should send each of us a photo or two and we could create a page for you to get Little Mac Truck's book started.

That's what he reminded of when he was "trucking" around in his walker on the video you posted on FB. "Look out world, I'm trucking through!"

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Claggy

No scrapping for me here. Still looking at weddings pics and doing nada. Zilch. Zero.

Haiti was sad. So sad.

Anyhow I got my tentative schedule for next year and pretty excited about it. Bolivia, Peru some cities in the Dominican Republic and a few other Caribbean territories I haven't covered yet. Also been asked about going to Europe and Cuba. So a lot to look forward to

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

Can I tag along Christine!!! Oh I need me a vacation!!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I'm working Wed- Friday so we will have family Thanksgiving with his dad on Saturday. Then instead of cooking a big meal for the 2 of us we decided to have crab legs last night and talked about what we were thankful for! A perfect no stress holiday. But I did make deviled eggs because it isn't a holiday without them. Figured it would be a good snack for the next few days.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Yes Kathy! Love company and hubby hates traveling.
Yum, crab legs and deviled eggs sound pretty perfect to me. Happy thanksgiving everybody. We don't celebrate it here but because I have oodles to be thankful for I'm doing some roasted chicken and candid sweet potatoes. Don't like turkey and I'm going to get my fill of ham over the Christmas holidays. So chicken it is.
I'm also on vacation from this Thursday to next Wednesday. Going to drive up on the northern coast to a resort Sunday to Wednesday. Megs was supposed to come but she just found out yesterday they moved her final presentation from this Thursday to next Monday instead. She was not happy but it is what it is. Luckily we were able to get a partial refund for her from the resort.
Anyhow love love love you guys talk soon. Send some scrapping mojo my way plssss.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to cveira

Happy Thanksgiving.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I worked. It was nice and pretty calm on Thanksgiving but yesterday was busy. Off this weekend so we did Thanksgiving at FIL house today. It was nice. Worked on a few cards while we chatted. Then been trying to catch up on threads on the ipad while hubby plays video games. Hope to make cards tomorrow as I have several to do.

Where is everyone. I miss you guys and chatting about life.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Tomorrow is Moan-day. Not looking forward to it at all. The next 3 1/2 weeks are going to be tough.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

Will be praying for you. Will the kids just be restless knowing Christmas break is coming?

Today I feel yucky. I feel like the sinus cavities in my head are going to explode. Which is trying to trigger a migraine and now my stomach is upset. Blah.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

Hope you are feeling better, Kathy.

Many of the kids act out more because they are uncertain. When they come to school, they know they will be safe, warm and fed. When they are not in school, many of them don't have those needs met, so they act out. Still, others are just that, restless for time away from school and excited because Christmas is so close!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Claggy

I thought you moved out of the low income troubled school district? So you still have several low income students? Has the class calmed down any with the trouble maker gone?

Edited by Scrap-Time on 12-01-16 06:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

hi friends!!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Hi everyone, been reading along and catching up on the chatter...sorry it's been awhile since I've stopped by but I haven't been near my computer in weeks. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and can't believe how close to Christmas we are. We put up decorations this week and got the wreaths up outside yesterday. Today it's cold, dreary and raining so thought I would peek in and see what's been going on.

Page 177 of 177 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics