Page 3 of 177 
Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to byondbzr

don't make us send them your stuff!! The little train never gave up and you shouldn't either! there is a big difference between stalking and submitting good work

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to Scrap-Time

Janet's baby has arrived! I don't know details because I got a text from her, but she said to let all of you know.

Baby was 7 lbs. 12 ozs and was born at 6:34 PM.

Oh, and most importantly? It's a click me

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to petergabrielfan

WOW, all kinds of Happy news!!!!!

Congrats Janet on the new baby girl! I thought for sure it was gonna be a boy....lol

Congrats Rebecca on the Prima blog. I too, think you should keep submitting.

Well, I may be inspired to make a girly card now instead of vegging on the couch tonight.....or maybe tomorrow....LOL

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to mindyradio

Wahooo...CONGRATS Janet! Girls are so fun!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

oh pink news. How exciting! congrats new Mama

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to AllAmy

Yeah!! I knew she would come this week! Congrats Janet

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Woohoo! Guess I get to make a girly card today too!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to CatScrapsHere

congratulations on your baby girl, janet now sarah can get her girly fix and janet can get her boy fix, they just need to trade every now and then i love her name, too janet. can't wait to see pics!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Pookahbot

hi ladies, back home, finally.
Congrats Janet!!!!!!!

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL
In response to cveira

Welcome home Christine!

Way to go Rebecca!

Yeah for Janet...gotta love little girls! Can't wait to see photos!!!

I would be for a CJ only with you all since the one Heidi and I are in now has been kind of crazy! Especially since one girl totally flaked out on us.

Getting ready for my big girl Emma's 4 year old pixie party...if you get a chance check out this link. Emma's birthday invite Scott made her the cutest birthday invite.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to SandiLL

Sandi, what an adorable birthday invitation!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

oh that is a cool invite!

Thanks Cathy for the pictures of facebook. I guess Janet has baby photos on there and soooo cute.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to TracyP

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to Bubblegirl

Good morning!

Yes, Ryan posted pics on facebook so most of you should be able to see those.

Sandi, that invitation is soooo cool!

AlyssaMM
Guru
AlyssaMM

Congrats, Janet!!!!!!!!

Heidi Kelley
Mayor
Heidi Kelley
In response to AlyssaMM

Yay Janet!!! I love that name too!

Rebecca, LOL. Yes, I do know what you are getting at... but trust me, you could never EVER come across like that woman.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to SandiLL

such a darling invite Sandi

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to AllAmy

Good Morning.

JCI

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to Heidi Kelley

• Heidi Kelley Said:

Rebecca, LOL. Yes, I do know what you are getting at... but trust me, you could never EVER come across like that woman.

No fair, the rest of us don't know who you're talking about. I want a pm please!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Hey Cathy, I stopped in at your LSS today. Are you going to their National Scrapbook Day crop on the 16th? I thought NSBD was eariler in the month and I would be at Disney. But if it's on the 16th I can go someplace to scrap.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to cveira

Hi Everyone! I know Sarah posted but now you can hear it straight from me...

We have a daughter,
Callie Jean,
Born Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 6:34 p.m.
7 lbs. 12 oz. 20 7/8 inches long

She is beautiful… but what can I say, I am partial!
Everything at the hospital went as well as it could.
Ryan, Callie, and I are doing great thus far and got home earlier this afternoon.

More from me another day...
Thanks for all the good wishes

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to janet28rn

When your back on Janet......did she come when she was ready or did they induce you? So glad you are home and doing good! Big Congrats!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Janet, I'm glad you're home. Rest woman!

Mindy, unfortunately, I might not make it so I haven't signed up. We're having our leader/daughter campout that Friday night so I don't think I'll be home early enough to go, though, if you're planning on going, let me do an email and see when I should expect the campout to be over. Oh, and I asked Julie about the date and she's on a cruise or something when it's REALLY NSBD, so she moved her crop to the 16th.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

morning ladies. Janet, so glad to know all is going well. Take care of yourself, Ryan and baby Callie.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• CatScrapsHere Said:
Janet, I'm glad you're home. Rest woman!

Mindy, unfortunately, I might not make it so I haven't signed up. We're having our leader/daughter campout that Friday night so I don't think I'll be home early enough to go, though, if you're planning on going, let me do an email and see when I should expect the campout to be over. Oh, and I asked Julie about the date and she's on a cruise or something when it's REALLY NSBD, so she moved her crop to the 16th.

Then I'm not totally losing it then...lol I thought for sure NSBD was happening while I was away. I was only going to go if your were going to be there. I don't want you have to rush around just to make it.

Heidi Kelley
Mayor
Heidi Kelley

• CatScrapsHere Said:
  • Heidi Kelley Said:

No fair, the rest of us don't know who you're talking about. I want a pm please!

Oh, we just know a girl who pushes herself onto every manufacturer until they finally cave because they are sick of her, and then they end up letting her go or she quits because she is a big pain in the toosh. She wants to be on as many DTs as she can.... and she doesn't care how she comes across in the process. She is definitely burning a lot of bridges.

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL

Just checking in...

Shellsurfer
Governor
Shellsurfer
In response to SandiLL

Here is my first try at scrapping one of the photos taken at the crop this month. I'm not crazy about it, but will keep scrapping until I get it right!

Forever Friends
By Shellsurfer

Congrats Janet! I am glad that everything went alright for you and Callie!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Shellsurfer

LuAnn- just beautiful!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AllAmy

Mindy - Thanks for the beautiful card!

Things are going well for us, thanks everyone again for the good wishes. Our first night home was rough but had nothing to do with Callie. A house 7 doors down from us EXPLODED in the middle of the night. To say the least, I was literally and figuratively shaken up. Not what you want the night you bring your newborn home. They don't know what caused it, but think it may have been a gas leak. Fortunately, no one was home at the time as the owners had recently moved out (supposedly).

Kathy, since you asked (and since every mother feels a need to share their labor story): No I did not have to be induced. I woke up at 2:40 Thursday morning to go to the bathroom or in pain... don't know which. Stayed awake and timed my own contractions until 6:30... definitely getting closer together and stronger, then woke Ryan up. Called dr office at 7:30, they said sounds real... call them back with an update at 9. Called them back at nine, they said again sounds real, come into the office and they'll put me on the monitor and check my progress. Office at 10 - contraction pattern real on monitor (and by me) and at 3-4 cm dilated. They said I could go home or to the hospital. I wanted to go home and relax. Home for a few hours, relaxed as much as I could in the bathtub. Hospital at 1:30 (I could have stayed home longer but I could tell Ryan was getting nervous and didn't want to rush there... haha. At the hospital midwife said 6-7 cm (I was thrilled!). Relaxed in tub at the hospital (it felt darn good) until I was at 10 and then time to push! The worst part was the pushing with the contractions. Talk about HARD WORK! I didn't have an epidural or even an IV. It was totally not comfortable and totally painful, but I kept saying I could handle it. To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated... but every woman is different.
Callie arrived after 5 hours at the hospital, and 16 hours of total labor. Ryan got to catch her! My midwife and a nurse there were with me the whole time and I can't say enough good things about them. A paramedic student got to observe too... he didn't say a word the whole time but got roped into helping hold my legs... haha.. I could have cared less!)

Hope that wasn't TMI for anyone. Let's just say I have never been more proud to be a woman!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to janet28rn

OMG, how scary about the house blowing up Janet!!! We had one that blew up a month ago now, it is one I pass everyday when i take Rylie to/from preschool. The newspaper said it blew just 15 MINUTES after I had passed it taking Rylie home...Freaky!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• Heidi Kelley Said:
  • CatScrapsHere Said:
  • Heidi Kelley Said:

Oh, we just know a girl who pushes herself onto every manufacturer until they finally cave because they are sick of her, and then they end up letting her go or she quits because she is a big pain in the toosh. She wants to be on as many DTs as she can.... and she doesn't care how she comes across in the process. She is definitely burning a lot of bridges.

Well, I'm very glad I don't come across as a crazy, greedy, nitwit! Crazy, maybe, but in a nice way, LOL!

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to byondbzr

Yikes, Janet! Just saw that explosion in the paper. I guess that was close to your house!!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Oh Janet, what a terrible experience to have your first night home. I actually like hearing about other women's birth stories. It's kinda fun to compare. It's not really something you can talk about with your husbands.

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL

Wow Janet,...I am so amazed at your calmness during the laboring! I would have totally been at the hospital when the first contractions occurred! And I totally had to have the epidural..but you go girl!

I need to see pictures of the lovely little girl!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to SandiLL

What an experience Janet!

Well, I couldn;t decide which pic to use, so I actually did 2 layouts - 1 with the group pic from the restaurant and the other from Saturday.

Afyter I took the pic of the 1st one, I decided to change the letters since they kinda blended in to the pp, so I'll get that uploaded tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's the other one I did. Hope you gals like it!

friendship
By Cveira

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SandiLL

Of course I think Meth lab at house instead of gas leak!!

OH so glad delivery went smoothly. I just knew she would come when it was time.

Heidi Kelley
Mayor
Heidi Kelley

OMG! Janet!!! That must have been scary! I am so glad you are alright.

Heidi Kelley
Mayor
Heidi Kelley

And Kathy... I thought the same exact thing, lol!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Sarah - how does Janice or Janis or ?? spell her name?

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

She is Janis. She is named after Janis Joplin.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Then I guessed on the first page correctly!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• petergabrielfan Said:
She is Janis. She is named after Janis Joplin.

That is awesome!

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

Her parents are seriously the coolest people. They are really nice people and both have great senses of humor. I really enjoy being around them.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

Janet: Glad all is well with you and the family. I cannot imagine what that must have been like.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Bubblegirl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Happy Birthday Jen!

Mindy, have you been to the Fire Museum? Is it worth the trip from here?

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Shocking even though my brother has been a firefighter in this town for over a decade. I have not been to the fire museum. I can honestly say I rarely see cars there is that helps you decide any.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Janet- Love reading birth stories. Sounds like yours was quite smooth. My sister did a full water birth with one of hers and loved it!
The house exploding- WOW. I thought Meth lab too.

Jen- HAPPY Birthday girlfriend!

Well I did one LO from our trip and laid out another but need to get more xyron refill to adhere the ribbon to the second. I'm not sure when I will post the first because I'm on my hubby's computer. My computer has a hardware short and is overheating. I tried to back up all my files today before the darn thing melts and got most of them, then Pop. Off went the computer. Hoping it makes it. Got to take it back in. SIgh.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to AllAmy

Oh no Amy! Hope you can get it fixed.

Mindy, thanks! Yeah, that tells me something. DH mentioned Malabar Farms. Is that something the kids could enjoy? Looking at their website, I didn't really see anything for them there.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

Happy birthday Jen!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Here's my layout using the other group pic.

Buckle up! By Cveira

The other pics including some I stole from Kathy and Minday, I'm gonna make a mini album.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to cveira

Happy birthday Jen!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to cveira

Will Travel To Scrap By AllAmy

First Impressions By AllAmy

Christine- you know that is going to be my title for that photo too!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to AllAmy

happy birthday jen!!!

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL
In response to Pookahbot

Happy Birthday Jen!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to SandiLL

Happy Birthday Jen.

back to work. bye

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• CatScrapsHere Said:
Oh no Amy! Hope you can get it fixed.

Mindy, thanks! Yeah, that tells me something. DH mentioned Malabar Farms. Is that something the kids could enjoy? Looking at their website, I didn't really see anything for them there.

Malabar Farm is GORGEOUS. But not a lot for the kiddos during the regular season. During the fall and when the festivals are on there is plenty to do. My nephew is getting married there in October in the rock garden by side the house. We go at least once a year. But that's because it is only about 15 mins away from my house and we pass it going to our regular golf course.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

So...just got done at the doc. Got some interesting news which I think will be especially interesting to Minday! Apparently, they now think the twins might be identical twins and not fraternal. My placenta is posterior (behind the babies) so they can't see it clearly to know if we have one placenta or two. Obviously if there are two we know they are not identical twins. Fraternal twins can share one or have their own, and they can't tell which is the case. From what the doctor can see, it appears that the babies might be identical twins. She said there is no way to know for sure until pathology comes back after the birth. They are the exact same size and weight and she said that can be another indicator of identical twins.

Also, right now both babies are breech (boo hoo) which means C-section unless they both move.

She told me both babies are only 15 grams less than what a single baby should be, and she said that is excellent because twins sometimes can be low birth weight due to inadequate nutrition for one baby (or both) via the placenta in the womb.

I've gained 8 lbs, so we're finally seeing some growth in a positive direction!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Oh wow Sarah! Well, I thinks it's cool that you'll still have a bit of a surprise when these babies are born. I'm so glad you're gaining weight and that the babies are too!

Mindy, thank you for the input. I've been looking for some free and inexpensive stuff for us to do this summer within an hour's drive of here.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
Janet- Love reading birth stories. Sounds like yours was quite smooth. My sister did a full water birth with one of hers and loved it!
The house exploding- WOW. I thought Meth lab too.

Jen- HAPPY Birthday girlfriend!

Well I did one LO from our trip and laid out another but need to get more xyron refill to adhere the ribbon to the second. I'm not sure when I will post the first because I'm on my hubby's computer. My computer has a hardware short and is overheating. I tried to back up all my files today before the darn thing melts and got most of them, then Pop. Off went the computer. Hoping it makes it. Got to take it back in. SIgh.

I labored in the tub but got out to deliver. I did a research project on hydrotherapy as an undergrad, but still the idea of birthing totally in the tub honestly kind of weirded me out.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• petergabrielfan Said:
So...just got done at the doc. Got some interesting news which I think will be especially interesting to Minday! Apparently, they now think the twins might be identical twins and not fraternal. My placenta is posterior (behind the babies) so they can't see it clearly to know if we have one placenta or two. Obviously if there are two we know they are not identical twins. Fraternal twins can share one or have their own, and they can't tell which is the case. From what the doctor can see, it appears that the babies might be identical twins. She said there is no way to know for sure until pathology comes back after the birth. They are the exact same size and weight and she said that can be another indicator of identical twins.

Also, right now both babies are breech (boo hoo) which means C-section unless they both move.

She told me both babies are only 15 grams less than what a single baby should be, and she said that is excellent because twins sometimes can be low birth weight due to inadequate nutrition for one baby (or both) via the placenta in the womb.

I've gained 8 lbs, so we're finally seeing some growth in a positive direction!

I will be so excited if you have identical twins!!! At least you know there are 2 babies. My Mom didn't know she was having twins until we were born!!!!! Talk about a shocker.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• CatScrapsHere Said:
Oh wow Sarah! Well, I thinks it's cool that you'll still have a bit of a surprise when these babies are born. I'm so glad you're gaining weight and that the babies are too!

Mindy, thank you for the input. I've been looking for some free and inexpensive stuff for us to do this summer within an hour's drive of here.

If I think of anything else I will let you know! In fact, I talked to my brother a bit today and asked him about the fire museum and he didn't really think it would be worth the drive for you either.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

hi

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to cveira

Sarah - do they still think they are both boys?

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL

Just checkin in

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

• Scrap-Police Said:
Sarah - do they still think they are both boys?

Yes, they are very much obviously both boys (we saw the proof today). If they are identical they have to be the same gender, which is another thing that she said can point towards them being identical. If they were a boy and a girl we'd know right away they were fraternal. Identical twins are always the same sex.

Edited by petergabrielfan on 04-22-09 05:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

hi guys
i "finished" this one, but i'm not feeling it. any suggestions?

WTTS v2.0 By Pookiebutt

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Pookahbot

OMGoodness, Gracious! It's been a while since I last checked in. All of the WTTS pages are looking great. I made a digi page, but I haven't decided if that's what I want it to be yet. lol

CONGRATULATIONS, JANET! I'm so happy to hear about your pink addition!

And what COOL news about the possibility of identicals!

Happy birthday, Jen!

Did I miss anything?

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to MeliMedina

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Here's mine for the challenge!

You Guys By CatScrapsHere

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I put the layouts on the first page so we can see them all together
If I'm missing yours please let me know

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

OK, here's mine...
My girls.. By Byondbzr

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

I told you you I'd scrap this! LOL!

They've come for me.. By Byondbzr

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca, you are the cutest thing ever and you always make me laugh. Love this layout!

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

Here is my 20 week pic:

20 Weeks Pregnant With Twins
By Petergabrielfan

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

hi, i have the most dreadful cough that I can't control. my dh is going to dose me up with a rum and honey mixture soon.

we rented some dvd's tonight The day the Earth stood still, Australia and Marley and me, so we'll be watching movies the whole weekend.

Sarah you look fab girl.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to cveira

I didn't realize the Day the Earth Stood Still was out on video already! Thanks Christine, I just put it on hold at my library! Hope you feel better soon!

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

Feel better, Christine!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Please make sure you have the pictures you want from the trip downloaded or let me know and I can make you a cd of them but I think soon I will start deleting them.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

i wanted to post this for you guys. i haven't been able to keep caught up in vlb, so i feel bad posting there, but this one was important to me and i wanted to see what you guys think.

not even close By Pookiebutt

i don't think i'm going to do vlb next month. i feel bad that i haven't gotten all the way through march or april and i'm so stressed right now that i doubt i'd be able to keep up with a new month, either.
anyway, off to ballet for evie and then a wedding to photograph this afternoon. see you later

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Pookahbot

i know what you mean Genie, I'm usually real good with keeping up on VLB, but this month, I'm sooo behind. But that's just becuase I've been traveling and then just not feeling well.

I think after I get through next week at work I'll be pretty much back to normal though (cross fingers) Although my boss just told me I may have to take a 2 day trip to Miami early next month. But that's not confirmed as yet.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to cveira

Hope you enjoyed the movies, Christine! I also hope you had some tissues nearby for Marley & Me. At least half the theatre (including hubby and I) were sobbing through that one... and we had both read the book!

Heidi Kelley
Mayor
Heidi Kelley
In response to janet28rn

Oh Christine, I hope you feel better soon. I know this awful cough has just driven me insane, but the antibiotics really seem to finally be kicking it.

Kathy - could I have a CD. I hate to ask, but my computer is so bogged down with photos, and I am trying to back everything up... and it isn't going to well!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Heidi - Yes I will make a cd of mine and everyone else's I have grabbed off here.

Edited by Scrap-Police on 04-25-09 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

i saved most of your pics already Kathy. Thanks

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to cveira

I saved your pics too, Kathy. Thanks for the heads-up!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Okay... I just want to say that I already knew you all were the greatest group of gals EVER but you have just went and demonstrated it again! I absolutely LOVE the baby book you all made for Callie and am touched by your kindness. Words can not describe how loved I feel and how much I appreciate you all taking time out of your weekend to think of us and make that book.

I wish I had a better way to say thank you than this!

Also, thanks for all the fun goodies from the weekend. I feel as if I were there with you all after all!!

HUGS all around!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to janet28rn

Glad you like it but now I'm jealous that Sarah got to see you and the baby!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

I was wondering when Sarah would have a chance to get that to you Janet. I'm so glad you like it! I know I loved seeing the pages everyone else did! And I'm with Kathy. I'm jealous of Sarah too! Guess I'll have to remedy that sometime soon!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Me too! But it's probably best I don't see her right now. It would be hard for me to give her back....LOL

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Kathy, I have a copies of your pictures. So I am good.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

Don't hate me yet! I haven't gotten to see little Callie yet, although I did get the chance to chat with Janet for a bit at a crop. She didn't crop with us, but she did visit for a bit to get out of the house. Hoping to go see the little one sometime this week!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Okay Sarah I still love you, for now!!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere

Well, ok Sarah. lol Janet, I'm glad you're getting out some too!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

just popping in

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to cveira

I am loving the weather here, FINALLY! It puts me in such a better mood.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

mms

SandiLL
Diva
SandiLL
In response to Pookahbot

hey ladies...loved seeing all the layouts of our group. i need to save some pictures so am off to do that because i know i will not make the month deadline for our photo layout but will get to it in my next printing of photos.

enjoyed a lovely lazy weekend of sunshine and outdoors. i think i might be inspired to scrap!

Page 3 of 177 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics