Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: Sisterhood of the Travelling Scrap Bear        (Topic#1500857)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, not sure if the poll is going to show up or not, Sisters,,,

but we're not THAT huge a group that I can't add the votes up,,,,,

we are voting on:

1 bear or 2 bears, please tell me your vote!!!!

The advantage of 2 bears is that the wait would be shorter,,,,

The advantage of 1 bear is that we'd all be on the same "page" so to speak,,,,,,but some of you would be waiting monthssssss for the bear,,,

Your choice, majority rules!!!!

So please VOTE if you're in this group!

Thanks, Holly

BEAR SCHEDULE:

Miss Belle:

Scatter Early-mid may 04-22-09
Tmgarren mid-late may 05-12-09
Flitobl mid-late June (by June 14 please)

Kitswpa early-mid JulyMother Goose mid-late July
Kathie early-mid aug
Melissadam mid- late August
Crafty Cindy early-mid sept
2Mini Schnauzers mid-late sept (by sep 17 please)
Gelidy Gelato early-mid Oct

Brad:
Naf early-mid may 04-23-09
Raquellie mid-late May 05-11-09
Crafty Sprinkles early-mid June

Ladybing Tammy middish June (by June 24 please)
Provinca Mid-late July (by the time she gets it)
Mommy 2 four early-mid August
Fargomutt latish august by August 24 please)
Eltringham Mid-late September
DawninAZ-early-mid October
Janaquins early-mid November

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrap Bear
One Bear
Two Bears
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 04-07-09 02:58 PM to 04-08-10 02:58 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Edited by CommaHolly on 07-28-09 03:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

We've had 12 votes, but that's only half of our group!!! Everyone deserves to have their thoughts counted!!!

Mommy2Four
Pro
Mommy2Four

I voted!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Mommy2Four

Thanks Mommy!!!! By tonight we will know if we have one bear or two!!! Then I just have to FIND THEM!!!!!!!!

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG

I voted!!

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to RaquelEG

I voted!

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to Eltringham

Voted

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

voted.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to provinca

So I guess this means two bears! I'm so excited to get this started!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tmgarren

OK, something is up with my computer tonight!!! Grrr,,,,

TWO BEARS WINS!!!!!! I have updated the blog and will be going to the bear adoption agency tomorrow or Friday,,,,

Thursday I have family coming for Seder, so bear with me But I will get the lists done up and the bear in the mail by Monday

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa

Hello Everyone! I voted too and bookmarked this link in my favorites for future use. I will also keep checking the blog to see where the bears are located. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

I am not really good at figuring out blogs and all this tech stuff......so keep asking the questions you are helping me learn this stuff. I can not even think of what to ask! LOL

Edited by KITswpa on 04-10-09 07:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KITswpa

Sisters,,,,

I have adopted our bears!!!!!!!

Now let me tell you that there MUST BE a shortage of bears needing adoption, because I went to several stores LOOKING to adopt bears and finding very very little,,,,,

I wanted bears small enough to fit in padded envelopes or 2 day priority envelopes,,,I didn't want people to have to spend large amounts of money to mail them,,,,,or risk sending them UPS ground (which takes FOREVER) because they were large,,,,

i wanted the beanie baby type,,,,,

Oh, I found turtles and flamingos and SNAILS,,,,but bears?? NOPE!!!

I FINALLY located some bears last night at about 8pm!!! however,,,,,,,,,

um,,,,,,we're adopting multi-culturally!!!!!!

yep, that's right,,,,,But I know this group is very multi-cultural, and would be fine with it,,,,

sooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,

We have one Chinese Bear (Panda) and one Australian Bear (Koala)!!!!

Yes Maams! We are now Multi-Cultural,,,,,,if we weren't already

I will post pics in the afternoon today when I have my son to help me (MY puter is broken and I don't know how to download on HIS puter!) And then maybe paula can help us download to the Blog!!!

Now we have to think about names!!!!!

Holly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

BEAR LIST ORDER:

OK, To be as FAIR as absolutely possible (and this is NOT as easy as it sounds!!!) I have gone back through every PM I received and every post in the original thread and counted from the VERY FIRST INTEREST that you had. I've done it this way because I may have RESPONDED FIRST to posts that I got AFTER others. Therefore, the only fair way seems to be to document the TIME which you PM'd or posted your wish to be included in the Travelling Bear.

SOOOOOOO,,,,The list goes as follows,,,

1.CommaHolly (because I have both bears right now, LOL)

2. NAF 4/5 1104pm

3. Scatter 4/6 302am

4. tmgarren 425am

5. Raquellie 432am

6. Kitswpa 514am

7. Crafty Sprinkles 538am

8. Piratefan21 5:39am

9. MotherGoose 549am

10. Provinca 627am

11. .~*~Kathie~*~ 755am

12. Mommy2Four 828am

13. Melissadam 851am

14. Eltringham 953am

15. CraftyCindy 222pm

16. DawnInAz 620pm

17. GelidyGelato 644pm

The others on the list have chosen to have their bear at a SPECIFIC TIME, and have, in essence, given UP their RIGHTFUL PLACE in lieu of a SPECIFIC place on the schedule,,,,

They are:

Flightobl (June 16-29)
Ladybing Tammy (June 27-July 4) thank goodness for 2 bears!!
Fargomutt (Aug 26-???) Please advise on date Fargo!!
2MiniSchnauzers (Sep 19-26)
Janaquins (Nov 5-19)

The next step, obviously, is to split up this ONE group into two, but I will do that fairly, evenly splitting the list, and keeping the highest on the list AS the highest on the list,,,

sooooooo I will be mailing NAF a bear and keeping one for myself for 2 weeks,,,,

NAF, I will need your address and name, hon. as you are first on the list for the OTHER bear.

I will be posting BOTH LISTS on the blog once I have it right, working in those who wanted the bears on specific days,,,,

whew, this isnt as easy as it sounds, so bear with me

Holly

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

You're doing a fantastic job Holly!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RockStar

Hi Raquel!!!!!1 Thankyou!!! I really didn't realize how tough it would be to make sure that I was fair I got so many responses, and went back and forth with some, so that the LAST TIME posted wasn't necessarily the time they ASKED,,,,

OY, what a mess! It's taken DAYS to work this out,,,,finally I just listed everyone and the time and made a list from the times,,,,,sheesh

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

You're doing a great job! Thank you for all the hard work. Love that the bears are a panda and koala.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Piratefan21

Um,,,,

LOL,,,,,my son has just informed me that after all my hard work, I have not adopted BEARS at all,,,,

Neither the Panda NOR the koala are ACTUAL bears,,,,

Um,,,,,,,how dumb do I feel right now??

LOL, oh well,,,,,,,,,they are OURS whatever they are

provinca
Governor
provinca

Too funny! You're doing an awesome job, Holly. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out in any way.

Can't wait to get either bear at whatever time! I hope they like sports, because my girls are either always on the soccer field or the softball field -- until the summer time - then they're always in the pool! I think the bears will most likely miss the sports season, but I'm sure they'll enjoy my pool and the backyard barbeques we have. We also always have Friday Margarita Night during the summer, and I'm sure they'll enjoy that.

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to provinca

LOL but we will treat them as if they were bears! Not so sure they are going to be happy to do the activities I had planned for them! Welcome to our Panda and Koala! Which is Bellie and which will be Brad? Thanks so much for doing all that work shopping!

Anna I want to be a bear and come to your house on a Friday for Margarita Night! LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KITswpa

OK, NAF had told me she wanted the bear in TWO WEEKS for a vacation, and I forgot! (head spinning) sooooooooooooo I need Scatter to PM me her name and address because she is next to start the 2nd bear

I am trying to get pics of the little guys loaded, but having problems with my puter! Will get them done tonight guys,,,,sorry !!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Holly you are doing an incredible job!

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Oh this is so exciting!!! Can't wait to get a hold of one of them!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi Guys,,,I apologize for the delay in posting pics of Brad and Bellie,,,

But MY computer power supply is down, and my DS is the only one who can figure out HIS computer, and trying to wrangle his 21 year old rear end in ONE PLACE the last 2 days has been like trying to catch a greased pig,,,,

He was gone last night and he's gone this morning,,,,sheesh,,,,,,bu t I think he gets home about 4:30 today, so I will SIT ON HIM if I have to

sheesh,,,,I've got LO's to download TOO!!! I need a new power supply, but they are EXPENSIVE!!! But this depending on him is for the birds!

Haven't forgotten it, I promise!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Don't sweat it, Holly!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to RockStar

Everyone still here?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn, Scatter and I have been going crazy looking for Commaholly for a couple of days now - anybody have her number? It's really not like her to be silent on the boards like this..............................

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to RockStar

I was wondering the same thing, it's not the same without all the commas! I hope everything's alright.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Hi all, I'm still here, I hear Holly is having computer trouble.
It'll take a bit of time to get this started, but I'm sure that once it's moving we'll have a ball.

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham
In response to Scatter

It's gonna be a blast! I already know where I'm taking the little fellow! Thanks for letting us know about Holly.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Hoping she'll be back soon!

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Scatter

I can't wait to see pics of the little critters!

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

Anyone know what's going on with this? CommaHolly has been online and has posted on a lot other threads today.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Holly is having some computer trouble, is able to get online, but cannot seem to upload anything. If she can't get to the library to post the pics, she's going to send them to me on CD to post.

Sound like she's got some fun photos!

Stay tuned.

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to Scatter

Well, it would be nice if she'd post here to give us a status.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

MMmmm. wonder if she remembered to save this thread in her favs. I'll PM her.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

Hi Guys,,,,sorry,,,,What I figured was that I would get the final lists done last night while at work where it's quiet (now that I can get online to SEE the list) and then I could post them here,,,,

but as luck would have it, it's Fly In (a big deal here in Florida) at the hotel I work at, and I just didn't get to it My sincere apologies,,,had I known that would happen last night, I would have posted at least what I knew here yesterday BEFORE I went to work,,,,,,,and today I was sleeping because I worked all night,,,

OK, update,,,,,LOL,,,,Brad is on his way to Naf and Bellie is on her way to Scatter,,,,

from there, I must split the list into two lists, and arrange that the people who are to have him on their vacations will HAVE him on their vacations,,,I started working on it before my computer blew up , and of course I LOST it when my computer blew up,,,,

sigh, so I am back to square ONE,,,,,but I do know that Scatter is next for Bellie and Naf is next for Brad,,,,

and he has gone off to those locations!!!!! Little air holes in their carriers and all!

They will have the bears for 2 weeks, so that gives me at least a couple days to split that list into two,,,

Again, my sincere apologies,,,,,I NEVER expected to have BOTH my computers DOWN at once!!! One is simply awaiting a power supply that seems to be slow coming (growl) and this one is just a PITA!!!I can get on but it takes a good 15 mintues to even GET here,,

so that is the update!!!! Brad (Panda) and Bellie are on their way to their next hosts!

Scatter, did you get Bellie today? I sent her two day priority a couple days ago!!!! She should be there today or tomorrow AT THE LATEST the post master said,,,,Naf should get Brad Thursday, maybe Friday,,,

Again, my apologies!!!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

I just walked out and checked, couldn't bare to think of her sitting all night in the mailbox.

So she's still enroute. Will check tomorrow when I get home from work.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

well, two day priority would really be Wednesday I guess,,,,,so she should be there tomorow She does have air holes!!!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sigh,,,,,can't get on the website either,,,,,my home puter just goes around and arund and my work puter is finiky about what it lets us on,,,,,why this one it allows I do not know,,,,

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

,,,,why this one it allows I do not know,,,,

shhhhh don't jinx it!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

Oh Lord, you're right!!!!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Hey everyone. Belle just arrived. She's very tired from her trip, so she's resting now. Pics tomorrow night!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Bellie arrived Brad should arrive at NAF's tomorrow or Friday!!!!!!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-23-09 01:49 PM

Brad arived today!!!
as I said in other thread, He is tired so he is resting now!!!
We are leaving for our vacation trip this weekend so he must be as good as new to enjoy the travel!!!I'll post pics tomorrow!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Their first air travel was successful!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm both arrived tired,,,,,

I wonder what theyre doing up there in a little envelope for 2 days?????????

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to RockStar

I found you guys! No posts for a long time made me thing I was doing something wrong and I lost you guys! I am glad the bears arrived safely! Oh listen to me calling them bears! Brad and Bellie! Can not wait to see the photos! Holly you are doing an amazing job! Glad everyone started to post so I could find you!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KITswpa

Oh that was my fault, Kit,,,,,I didn';t have a puter for 4 days, then I was so incredibly busy at work,,,,

I STILL have to break the list up to TWO lists,,,,

we';ve started the bears because I know wh;s next, but now I've got to go work all those vacations in and make sure that the vacationers have him on time, but not too early,,,,

head is SPINNING

Will be finishing that up this weekend,,,,but the next two on the list DO have the bears

Hopefully they will post pics because I am still UNable to post on my puter and am STILL waiting for a power supply for my laptop!!!!! Could NOT have happened at a worse time!

i've also got like 17 LO's to post,,,,,,gonna take me a week to post them all!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-23-09 10:38 PM

I'll post the first pics of Brad at home tomorrow!!!He had a blast this night playing "hi ho Cherry o" with Diego !!!and now Brad is sleeping with... Diego.... I think they have become very good friends !!!I had to tell Diego that Brad is just here for 2 weeks and He didnt look very happy about it

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to naf

jci

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to naf

• naf Said:
I'll post the first pics of Brad at home tomorrow!!!He had a blast this night playing "hi ho Cherry o" with Diego !!!and now Brad is sleeping with... Diego.... I think they have become very good friends !!!I had to tell Diego that Brad is just here for 2 weeks and He didnt look very happy about it

LOL. I hope the separation goes smoothly for you!

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to naf

• naf Said:

Awwwwww!!!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

• naf Said:

I had some drama with Daughter (actually her friend) yesterday so my whole day off was not what I expected. I was up and out of the house in a flash and (go ahead, slap me now) forgot Belle!!!

She's with me today, but I'm at work, and I don't think I'll get away with taking pics of her here, I'll have Sunday off, so I'll try for something exciting then.

I did get several pics this morning, she is adorable. I'll post when I get home tonight!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

Aw, Scatter! I'm sure Bellie appreciated a bit of rest alone anyway You have two weeks to have fun with her!!!!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

I finally (sorry for the delay all) uploaded a couple of pics to my gallery. I'll post on the blog tomorrow, when I'll have the whole day off.

Belle is adorable, and very glad to be out and about!

Deep breath, stretch By Scatter

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Scatter

Oh she's adorable!! I can't wait to see Brad now!

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to Scatter

Thanks for the picture, Scatter. She's so cute.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Yes, THANKYOU, Scatter!!!!!Naf has promised pics of Brad soon! ARgh,,,,,danged computer! I've got challenges due that I can't post pics for either

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-25-09 09:00 AM

I'm so sorry, I was busy yesterday doing laundry and getting ready for our vacation trip (we are gonna be out 2 weeks), we are leaving tomorrow morning and I still having a lot to do!!!but.... in a few minutes you'll have the promised pics =)

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

Whoo hoo, can't wait to see Brad. Tell him Belle misses him!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-25-09 09:53 AM
In response to Scatter

OK ladies as I promised !!!Here you go!!!

Good friends play together!! By Naf

Great friends!!! By Naf

Good friends help each other!! By Naf

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

oh how SWEET is that??????????????????

He looks like he's having a wonderful time with Diego!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Awww cool photos ladies!!!!
I can't wait til I get one of them!!!
I already am thinking about various places to take pics.
Can I make a suggestion to everyone?
Maybe make one of your photos located either at a place specific to your local area or something distinctive about your state/city/town etc?

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to DawnInAZ

Those are two cute bears. I can't wait to meet either one of them!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Maybe make one of your photos located either at a place specific to your local area or something distinctive about your state/city/town etc?

That's what I was thinking too!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

Aw! Brad is adorable! Diego is pretty cute too!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Scatter

Miss Belle just wanted to wish everyone a good night!
Nighty night! By Scatter

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-25-09 10:18 PM
In response to Scatter

• Scatter Said:
Nighty night! By Scatter

awwww!!!Love how Bellie looks in jammies!!!how cute!!!I was thinking on a swimm suit for Brad!!!!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-25-09 10:26 PM
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

yeap!!Last week I had a big list of places to go with Brad in our town...but DH came and told me that we were leaving not for one but for 2 weeks (one for vacation,the other one he has to work in Bakersfield CA and we are going with him, cuz our vacation is in San Diego) sooo, I think Brad is not gonna be able to make a tour around Salt lake ...I just hope that He maybe can come back home with us after everyone had their turn with him!!!!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-25-09 10:29 PM
In response to Scatter

• Scatter Said:
Aw! Brad is adorable! Diego is pretty cute too!

aww thank you!!!Bellie is adorable too !!!kisses from Brad...and us!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

• naf Said:
  • Scatter Said:
Nighty night! By Scatter

awwww!!!Love how Bellie looks in jammies!!!how cute!!!I was thinking on a swimm suit for Brad!!!!

oh my goodness,,,,,,,,,HOW DARLING!!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

• naf Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

yeap!!Last week I had a big list of places to go with Brad in our town...but DH came and told me that we were leaving not for one but for 2 weeks (one for vacation,the other one he has to work in Bakersfield CA and we are going with him, cuz our vacation is in San Diego) sooo, I think Brad is not gonna be able to make a tour around Salt lake ...I just hope that He maybe can come back home with us after everyone had their turn with him!!!!

awwwww and SLC is such a BEAUTIFUL city, too Maybe you can get him again, or get Bellie for a tour around SLC

have a WONDERFUL vacation!!!!!!!!! Hope you can keep us informed!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

I've never been west, so I'll enjoy the photos no matter where you take them!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Scatter

Hi All, I hope I am not intruding but a friend told me about this and if a space comes available I would love to joing you ladies, souinds like a lot of fun:)

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Scrap Chica

Hi, were just getting started. Belle and Brad are on their very first adventure.

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to Scatter

Oh this is great! Holly, no reason to appogize! All of you are doing a great job! I am glad I got to see what they both look like! Adorable! I think we might make a little boy very unhappy! Great photos! What state are the bears in now? I might of missed that part Utah is one and the other? Not sure I am corredt!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-26-09 10:01 AM
In response to KITswpa

• KITswpa Said:
Oh this is great! Holly, no reason to appogize! All of you are doing a great job! I am glad I got to see what they both look like! Adorable! I think we might make a little boy very unhappy! Great photos! What state are the bears in now? I might of missed that part Utah is one and the other? Not sure I am corredt!

Yeap, Brad is with me in Utah, I really dont know where is Bellie.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-26-09 10:06 AM
In response to naf

Good morning ladies!!!!We haven'tgone for our vacation trip with all this thing happening about the flu we are trying to decide if its a good idea if we go to San Diego,soooo, now I have all packed, everything in the car but just deciding what to do, especially because we dont want to expose our little kids.

What do you think???

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

Hi all, Belle is with me in Florida. I'll be getting some 'local' pics soon.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

Oh, that's tough, I wouldn't have given the flu a thought until I ran into someone that looked like they had it.
What ever you decide, I hope you have fun and stay safe!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

I think it's worse than the "normal " flu, Paula,,,,,,she's talking about that pig virus that's spread to humans and so many are sick in Mexico,,,,,CA is so close to Mexico there where she's going that they might be worried about that,,,,,

it's really got the ability to become a pandemic they were saying on the news yesterday,,,,

I don't blame her for being extra cautious about that flu,,,

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Scary stuff. I'd be having second thoughts too.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-26-09 01:37 PM
In response to Scatter

yeap, exactly as Holly explained, the thing is they have found a few cases of this flu in San Diego now, we are gonna wait til tommorrow , and We'll see if there are more cases of this kind of flu in San Diego or if its already controled.
I'll keep you informated, maybe Brad will have his tour around SLC after all wich is great but I really really needed this break!!!

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to naf

Certainly everyone's health is the important thing.

Loved the pics of Brad and your little one. Don't forget to post on the blog when you get time!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scatter

Oh boy, the news this morning isn't good from what I've seen,,,,,Nury, I don't blame you for being worried about your child/ren,,, (How many do you have??) You've got family in San Diego, don't you? I'm sure you're worried about them,,,,keeping you all in my prayers,,,I'm not sure how much fun anyone would have on vacation, if you ended up wearing face masks all the time or something,,,,

i can't blame you for second guessing this one,,,keep us informed,,,NOW I'm worried about any of "us" (our sb.com fmaily) living in the South West,,,,,not to mention those poor mexican people,,,

Edited by CommaHolly on 04-27-09 02:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Newsflash - there's a whole school shut down up here in NYC because most of the students have it - they had a spring break trip to Mexico a couple of weeks ago so it's already all over the place!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RockStar

Oh Lord,,,,,my first thought was that it couldn't be the same strain (they were saying that they didn't think what they had in Mexico was the same strain as what we had HERE in the US),,,,,

and then you said they'd been to Mexico,,,,

man, this is getting SCARY,,,,

in the 70's they had a shot for swine flu, but that was most likely a different strain,,,,

do they have another shot for it now?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Thanks to mty 17 year old daughter (thankyou thankyou thankyou Hannah!) I now have PHOTOS (thank GOD) of Brad and Bellie!!!!!!

Here we goooo!!!!!!!!

Brad and Bellie playing with the Cricut!

Brad and Bellie playing with my Cricut
By CommaHolly

Cooperation works wonders!!

Cooperation works!
By CommaHolly

Hugging goodbye before sending Bellie off to Scatter!

Hugging Goodbye!
By CommaHolly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Off to the post office to say goodbye to Bellie! And strapped in for safety!!

Strapped in for safety!
By CommaHolly

My hosts took me to Disney World to the Animal Kingdom!!! They thought I might feel comfortable there,,,, Can you find me???

Can you find me?
By CommaHolly

It's hard to see when you're so small,,,but luckily my host (Holly's DH) let me sit on his shoulders so I could see all!!!

On Hosts shoulders
By CommaHolly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Then it was off to lunch, where they treated me to a hamburger! Ummmmmmmmmm don't they realize I'm a vegitarian??????????????? ???

ACK!!!
By CommaHolly

A better shot of me,,,,,can you find me now??

Brad at Animal Kingdom
By CommaHolly

After a looooooooong day I was ready to go to bed!!! And look! They had the right size for me!

Nighty Night
By CommaHolly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, guys,,,,,,we have something serious to discuss,,,,,

and I need your input, so everyone front and center, please

We have a swine flu going around the country,,,,,its now in NYC as well as the Southwest,,,,

according to what i have read, the virus can live on objects for UP TO two hours,,,,,there ARE some reports that state the virus can live for up to TWO DAYS,,,,

Normally, we should be protected from passing the virus around because it will take 2 days for mailing,,,,,,even IF I had the virus, it takes 2-3 days to mail him, and the virus (theoretically) should be DEAD before he gets to YOU,,,,,

however, I think a few precautions are called for,,,,

Raquel and I have been tossing the idea of putting the bear in a plastic baggie for your house, and then the next person could either change the bag or lysol the bag when they get him,,,,,,

OR another thought is that when you GET the bear, you immediately WASH him in hot water,,,I'd rather the bear suffer a bit of hot water than anyone get sick from what SHOULD BE a fun thing,,,,KWIM??

I'd also consider lysoling the bear often,,,,,I;d rather he show up smelling of lysolthan full of germs,,,,

I'm trying to protect all of us and our children, grandchildren, and elderly parents,,,,

does anyone else have any suggestions??

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-27-09 10:04 AM

AWWWW Holly those pics are too cute!!!!Love the one with Bellie and Brad working with the ATG gun!!!LOL!!!!Great and fun pics!!!

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Thanks for the great pictures, Holly.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi NAF,,,,what did you and DH decide about California?

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers

change the bag AND lysol the bear when we get him/her. I'm hoping before I get him/her that this virus is gone.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Updating the list, as 3 of us have already had the bear/s or have him now,,,,

and we have one that has requested OFF the list due to time constraints,,,,,,,,,thank s for letting me know!

1.CommaHolly

2. NAF 4/5 1104pm

3. Scatter 4/6 302am

4. tmgarren 425am

5. Raquellie 432am

6. Kitswpa 514am

7. Crafty Sprinkles 538am

8. Piratefan21 5:39am (off list)

9. MotherGoose 549am

10. Provinca 627am

11. .~*~Kathie~*~ 755am

12. Mommy2Four 828am

13. Melissadam 851am

14. Eltringham 953am

15. CraftyCindy 222pm

16. DawnInAz 620pm

17. GelidyGelato 644pm

The others on the list have chosen to have their bear at a SPECIFIC TIME, and have, in essence, given UP their RIGHTFUL PLACE in lieu of a SPECIFIC place on the schedule,,,,

They are:

Flightobl (June 16-29)
Ladybing Tammy (June 27-July 4) thank goodness for 2 bears!!
Fargomutt (Aug 26-???) Please advise on date Fargo!!
2MiniSchnauzers (Sep 19-26)
Janaquins (Nov 5-19)

If anyone else wants off the list due to the virus (or any other reason) please contact me,,,,,I am almost done splitting the list, and I'd rather wait to know who wants off before I finish and post it,,,

thanks,,,,Holly

red=wait over

=mailed bear

Eltringham
Idol
Eltringham

Great pictures Holly! They are really cute! The lysol sounds like it would work. Ditto the hot water. I got a question, can we request what bear we want? My DHs name is Brad, and I thought it would be fun to do a Brad/Brad thing. Not a problem if you can't. Might save my DH from alot of teasing if we get Bellie! Thanks!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

LOL,,,,,I'll try Shawn,,,,,just so your DH can be teased I'm about done with the lists, but I'm waiting to see if anyone else wants to drop out before I complete it for sure,,,,,,

I need to do that in the next couple days though, in time for those who have them to mail them to the right people,,,,,,

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

I just LOVE the photos so far!!!
As far as the flu goes, caution is great, but by the time I get the bear, it's gonna have all kinds of chemicals on it, which could be more problems for me than any flu. (Since I am towards the tail end of this fun.)
As long as you seal the bear in the bag 24 hours before mailing it, that would pretty much guarantee the germies would be gone.
I work in the medical field, and every doctor I have talked to has said that this thing is not as bad as people think. Two different meds will seriously knock the flu down, which is a good thing. If no meds affected the flu, then it would really be a serious concern.
I agree about the not travelling right now. They just confirmed this morning that the flu is now in the middle east and asia, also.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DawnInAZ

sealing him 24 hours before mailing,,,,,now why didn't I think of that,,,

Dawn, you are a GENIUS!!!!!

OK, people, THAT is the plan!!! Please seal the bear in a bag 24 hours before mailing,,,,,,,

If you're STILL WORRIED for yourself, you could toss him in the washing machine when you get him,,,,,,,then let him air dry And Dawn, you could always wash him for the chemicals anyone sprays if you're sensitive! Just toss him the minute you get him straight into the washer with a load of towels or something!!!!

Does that work for everyone????????

Edited by CommaHolly on 04-28-09 11:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics